Popcorn munchers (host/dead/non)
50%

Total votes: 8
ColinIsCool
Hitman
Posts in topic: 72

Re: It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia [DAY 2]

Post by ColinIsCool »

thellama73 wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:45 pm Sorry for multiposting, but things keep ocurring to me that I want to get down. If Mongoose's no lynch vote was indeed accidental, and I believe that it was, then we can deduce nothing about her alignment from it. I still don't think she looks good, but thta is one piece of evidence that is off the table.

On the other hand, I maintain that intentionally voting No Lynch is an anti-town move. I said before that I did not believe both baddies would vote No Lynch in concert, so if Colin turns out to be bad, Mongoose wouldn't be, and vice versa. That logic no longer holds since one of the votes was unintentional. I think this makes Colin look worse, as the only player to actively choose no lynch. His unwillingness to participate very much is not helping him, either.
Voting no lynch is not ideal, but I’m not going to vote for someone when I really couldn’t justify it to myself ... that’s what scum do. :shrug:

I had every intention of playing a bigger role in D1 but got a lot of work dumped on me so it just wasn’t gonna happen. I don’t plan on doing it again.
Mongoose
Your Neighborhood Friendly Mongoose
Posts in topic: 232
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
Aka: Alison

Re: It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia [NIGHT 1]

Post by Mongoose »

thellama73 wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:01 pm
juliets wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:28 am Ok, this is getting damn confusing.

Luna's claim: the mafia knows which configuration we're in so if we're in the cop, vanilla, vanilla they know one of them can claim double voter and get away with it. Is that what you guys (Mac, Sloon, llama) believe? It does seem like a possibility. And I did make the point earlier that Luna could have given that "bright shining civ" compliment to dunya to distance herself from a kill. But, would she have known that early in the game that they were going to kill dunya? I'm more confused about Luna than I was before the NK.

Mac and nova - I don't think Mac is mafia but is his nova and sloonei suspicion believable? I need to look at nova again and see if I feel like his Mac suspicion was made up or flowed naturally. sloonei's suspicion of me and subsequent tunneling definitely seemed off to me given my behavior as a civ over many games. I don't relish the thought of re-reading sloonei but I guess I'm going to have to. Sloonei is my tinfoil suspicion.

@thellama73 what are you thinking about nova and sloonei? Do the things Mac says make sense to you?

@MacDougall PLEASE don't check out. We really need you now. No one was responding to you because we were asleep not because we don't care. Please don't devolve into just trolling.
I have not felt too good about Nova from the beginning, but I don't have very much concrete to go on. I think Sloonei is civilian. Pretty much the only thing I really agree with Mac on is his suspicion of Luna. I think her claim coming as it did right after Sloonei mentioned that it would be a good idea for the doublevoter to claim, felt too convenient. She said "I have nothing to lose" which sounds to me like a baddie about to be lynched throwing a last minute hail mary. I don't think it's as sophisticated the analysis above indicates. Just desperation.
Mongoose wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:05 am
juliets wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:45 pm
thellama73 wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:03 pm
juliets wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:01 pm
thellama73 wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:45 pm I don't like when people vote no lynch. DO NOT WANT.
I agree llama unless its a case like they just had in Gossip Girl. But how do you explain a mafia member voting no lynch? Two of them in fact if you think Colin and Mongoose are bad (the you in this sentence is not meant to mean you specifically).
I wish I was better at reading you. You always read the same to me. I do think it's unlikely that both mafia members would vote for No Lynch, but I wouldn't be surprised if one of them did.
llama are you calling this an explanation? I still don't understand why a baddie would vote no lynch.
They wouldn’t. Seems instead like the calling cards of civs that don’t know what heck they are doing on Day 1 and really stressed by that.
Ignoring the basic logic of why no lynches benefit mafia, which I have now explained twice, does not make me feel better about you.
Oh I promise I am not ignoring that. I completely understand why and the fierce arguments against it. I don’t disagree and am not going to do it again either, eve as a placeholder.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

ColinIsCool wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:10 pm
thellama73 wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:45 pm Sorry for multiposting, but things keep ocurring to me that I want to get down. If Mongoose's no lynch vote was indeed accidental, and I believe that it was, then we can deduce nothing about her alignment from it. I still don't think she looks good, but thta is one piece of evidence that is off the table.

On the other hand, I maintain that intentionally voting No Lynch is an anti-town move. I said before that I did not believe both baddies would vote No Lynch in concert, so if Colin turns out to be bad, Mongoose wouldn't be, and vice versa. That logic no longer holds since one of the votes was unintentional. I think this makes Colin look worse, as the only player to actively choose no lynch. His unwillingness to participate very much is not helping him, either.
Voting no lynch is not ideal, but I’m not going to vote for someone when I really couldn’t justify it to myself ... that’s what scum do. :shrug:

I had every intention of playing a bigger role in D1 but got a lot of work dumped on me so it just wasn’t gonna happen. I don’t plan on doing it again.
I relate to this
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 479
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

[VOTE: Luna] aubergine

She was online yesterday and had enough time to roleclaim and comment on mac. I want more comprehensive reads than that. [mention]Lunalee[/mention] what do you think of Colin, nova, and me?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Lunalee
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 71

Post by Lunalee »

[mention]thellama73[/mention] I don't think I've interacted with you at all this game, but Hi, I'm luna, and I like your posts. I also feel like Colin is more likely to be bad than mongoose. And you're confidence in mongoose says a lot since I gather you two have played mafia together before.
Luna's Wins/Losses
Jobs
Ancient Greece Mafia - civilian - loss
U-Pick Mafia - mafia - loss
Retrocausality Mafia - mafia - loss
Mega Man Mafia - mafia - win
Hogwarts Mafia - civilian - loss
Side Missions
Image Mafia - civilian - loss
Courage the Cowardly Dog Mafia - civilian - loss
Heists
Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me - civilian - loss
Friends Mafia - civilian - loss
Daily Fantasy Mafia - civilian - win
Everyone's Insane! - mafia - win
Space Force - civilian - loss
Burglaries
Murder on the Owl Express - third party - loss
Operation Refrigerator Restoration - civilian - win
One Hour Werewolf - Tanner - loss
Awful Overplayed Dadrock Mafia - civilian - loss
Dethy Game - civilian - loss
Special Games
Two-Headed Monster Mafia - civilian - win
Lunalee
Loan Shark

Post by Lunalee »

Sloonei wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:48 pm [VOTE: Luna] aubergine

She was online yesterday and had enough time to roleclaim and comment on mac. I want more comprehensive reads than that. @Lunalee what do you think of Colin, nova, and me?
Current ranking in my head:
Sloonei
Nova
Colin
Luna's Wins/Losses
Jobs
Side Missions
Heists
Burglaries
Special Games
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Lunalee wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:38 pm

She was online yesterday and had enough time to roleclaim and comment on mac. I want more comprehensive reads than that. @Lunalee what do you think of Colin, nova, and me?
Sloonei
Nova
Colin
Why is Colin bad? And who else is?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Lunalee
Loan Shark

Post by Lunalee »

Sloonei wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:41 pm

Sloonei
Nova
Colin
Why Colin's bad?
I just don't get a good feeling from going back and looking at Colin. First his "no lynch" vote following the list of reads he gave earlier in day 1 where the worst read he gave was "null"
He did strongly feel i was town, then switched on me by night one. Almost like scum colin realized he was getting no where by having no "suspects," so he turned to the easiest (in my opinion) suspect, myself.

Nova is still an enigma to me. I just can't read him.

I don't know who else is scum-compatible with Colin. Might need to look at that closer at that in case he's bad.
Luna's Wins/Losses
Jobs
Side Missions
Heists
Burglaries
Special Games
Lunalee
Loan Shark

Post by Lunalee »

Just want to throw this out there: What has Colin done in this game that scum Colin wouldn't do?
Luna's Wins/Losses
Jobs
Side Missions
Heists
Burglaries
Special Games
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 131

Post by thellama73 »

Lunalee wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:36 pm @thellama73 I don't think I've interacted with you at all this game, but Hi, I'm luna, and I like your posts. I also feel like Colin is more likely to be bad than mongoose. And you're confidence in mongoose says a lot since I gather you two have played mafia together before.
What confidence in Mongoose? I have been reading her as likely bad this whole game. Have you read my posts? Hi, by the way. It's nice to meet you. I hope you won't take me trying to lynch you personally.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Lunalee
Loan Shark

Post by Lunalee »

Okay, so I saw this and thought it was a positive point for mongoose:
thellama73 wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:04 pm
Mongoose wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:20 am
thellama73 wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:35 pm Okay, now that it's Day, I have questions.

Colin & Mongoose: Why did you vote no lynch yesterday? Be specific.

Everyone else: What is your read on Luna? I don't like how no one but me is talking about her. It feels like a "move on, nothing to see here" kind of scenario.
I’ve been on the fence on whether to be truthful about what happened with my vote (hear me out), but I’ve been very candid in this game and I want to continue that. About 45 mins before the vote ended, I decided to switch my vote to Luna, Like is said I would do when I fully picked a player to vote. I literally voted in one of the changing stalls at the yoga studio. Then I put my phone in my bag and headed to class. When I got out, I was shocked to see that the poll said I voted No Lynch. I don’t know if I failed to lock my phone and the gremlins got at it, if it’s another symptom of Mercury being in retrograde, or it just tumbled around in my gym bag with my clothes when I stuffed it into a cubby, but I didn’t intend to switch off Luna.

I mean why would I? I promised all day that I would vote for a player, and I kinda torpedoed my work day to catch up to my put myself in a position to do that. So imagine my abject horror when I saw it didn’t reflect Luna. I don’t blame you if you are skeptical of this story. I’d be too if it hadn’t happened to me.

But that’s what really happened. I won’t be doing any more no lynch votes by the way; I was kinda using it as a placeholder to make sure I wasn’t a voting non participant.

It was one of the most frustrating things I’ve experienced in a game and it was no one’s fault, but YIKES.

If you have any questions, please @ me to ensure I see it -thanks!
That being said, I don't think you would make up this story as a lie, so fine.
BUT then you later say that it's "non-alignment indicative." okay, guess I sort of missed that.
Luna's Wins/Losses
Jobs
Side Missions
Heists
Burglaries
Special Games
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Lunalee wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:16 pm Okay, so I saw this and thought it was a positive point for mongoose:
thellama73 wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:35 pm Okay, now that it's Day, I have questions.

Everyone else: What is your read on Luna? I don't like how no one but me is talking about her. It feels like a "move on, nothing to see here" kind of scenario.
I’ve been on the fence on whether to be truthful about what happened with my vote (hear me out), but I’ve been very candid in this game and I want to continue that. About 45 mins before the vote ended, I decided to switch my vote to Luna, Like is said I would do when I fully picked a player to vote. I literally voted in one of the changing stalls at the yoga studio. Then I put my phone in my bag and headed to class. When I got out, I was shocked to see that the poll said I voted No Lynch. I don’t know if I failed to lock my phone and the gremlins got at it, if it’s another symptom of Mercury being in retrograde, or it just tumbled around in my gym bag with my clothes when I stuffed it into a cubby, but I didn’t intend to switch off Luna.

I mean why would I? I promised all day that I would vote for a player, and I kinda torpedoed my work day to catch up to my put myself in a position to do that. So imagine my abject horror when I saw it didn’t reflect Luna. I don’t blame you if you are skeptical of this story. I’d be too if it hadn’t happened to me.

But that’s what really happened. I won’t be doing any more no lynch votes by the way; I was kinda using it as a placeholder to make sure I wasn’t a voting non participant.

It was one of the most frustrating things I’ve experienced in a game and it was no one’s fault, but YIKES.

BUT then you later say that it's "non-alignment indicative." okay, guess I sort of missed that.
Yeah, I don't see her making up a needless lie like that. It would be easier just to own the no lynch vote and argue why it's a good vote, as many people have done successfully in the past. I don't think the fact that she didn't lie in this instance makes her necessarily good though.
Lunalee wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:09 pm Just want to throw this out there: What has Colin done in this game that scum Colin wouldn't do?
Not a fan of this question. It's like asking people to prove a negative. The burden of proof is on the town to demonstrate that lynch candidates might be bad. "You can't prove he's not bad, therefore he's bad" is a slippery, fallacious argument. The only honest answer to your question is "nothing" because baddies are capable of doing anything thta civs can do. There are, however, certain things baddies would do that civs would never do. So a better question is, What has Colin done this game that civvie Colin wouldn't do?

Personaly, I think there are a couple of answers to that, but the fact that you asked it the other way around makes me even more suspicious of you than I already was.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Lunalee wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:04 pm

Sloonei
Nova
Colin
Why Colin's bad?
I just don't get a good feeling from going back and looking at Colin. First his "no lynch" vote following the list of reads he gave earlier in day 1 where the worst read he gave was "null"
He did strongly feel i was town, then switched on me by night one. Almost like scum colin realized he was getting no where by having no "suspects," so he turned to the easiest (in my opinion) suspect, myself.

I don't know who else is scum-compatible with Colin. Might need to look at that closer at that in case he's bad.
Why does Colin's change of mind on you look bad? Civilians change their mind all the time.

Don't worry about finding compatible team pairings right now. Who is independently suspicious besides Colin? Or, if your're having trouble with that, what does your POE list look like at this point?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Lunalee
Loan Shark

Post by Lunalee »

thellama73 wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:21 pm
Lunalee wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:16 pm Okay, so I saw this and thought it was a positive point for mongoose:

Yeah, I don't see her making up a needless lie like that. It would be easier just to own the no lynch vote and argue why it's a good vote, as many people have done successfully in the past. I don't think the fact that she didn't lie in this instance makes her necessarily good though.
Lunalee wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:09 pm Just want to throw this out there: What has Colin done in this game that scum Colin wouldn't do?
Not a fan of this question. It's like asking people to prove a negative. The burden of proof is on the town to demonstrate that lynch candidates might be bad. "You can't prove he's not bad, therefore he's bad" is a slippery, fallacious argument. The only honest answer to your question is "nothing" because baddies are capable of doing anything thta civs can do. There are, however, certain things baddies would do that civs would never do. So a better question is, What has Colin done this game that civvie Colin wouldn't do?

Personaly, I think there are a couple of answers to that, but the fact that you asked it the other way around makes me even more suspicious of you than I already was.
my bad, ask it the other way around then. I had the same intention either way: to get people talking so we can attempt to lynch scum today.
Luna's Wins/Losses
Jobs
Side Missions
Heists
Burglaries
Special Games
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Okay, Sloonei, you win. Luna is faker than a plastic Christmas tree in July.

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

thellama73 wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:29 pm Okay, Sloonei, you win. Luna is faker than a plastic Christmas tree in July.

I haven't arrived at that conclusion yet. What makes you so sure?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

For the group: what makes folks bad complementary?
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Sloonei wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:30 pm
thellama73 wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:29 pm Okay, Sloonei, you win. Luna is faker than a plastic Christmas tree in July.

I haven't arrived at that conclusion yet. What makes you so sure?
There's NO WAY this sentence is sincere. It reads completely contrived. Not buying it for one second.
Lunalee wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:24 pm my bad, ask it the other way around then. I had the same intention either way: to get people talking so we can attempt to lynch scum today.

Lunalee
Loan Shark

Post by Lunalee »

Sloonei wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:22 pm

Sloonei
Nova
Colin
Why Colin's bad?

Why does Colin's change of mind on you look bad? Civilians change their mind all the time.

Don't worry about finding compatible team pairings right now. Who is independently suspicious besides Colin? Or, if your're having trouble with that, what does your POE list look like at this point?
Civs do change their minds a lot. I suppose I can't really fault Colin for that. I still don't like his eagerness to jump on the luna suspect train.

honestly, throwing out reads is pretty difficult when you can see anyone as town, but also suspect them at the same time. I suspect who ever is scum is really good at hiding as scum. Perhaps it's yourself. You seem capable of that.

It's probably wrong, but I'll update my list anyways:

juliets
thellama73
MacDougall

Mongoose
novaselinenever
Sloonei

ColinIsCool
Luna's Wins/Losses
Jobs
Side Missions
Heists
Burglaries
Special Games
novaselinenever
Hitman
Posts in topic: 484

Post by novaselinenever »

Sloonei
Nova
Colin
You were reading just fine earlier. Not sure how I've been slipping from your second strongest town read to a very weak town read, then to a null read without even posting in between lol.
novaselinenever
Hitman

lol

that rainbow
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Lunalee wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:32 pm Civs do change their minds a lot. I suppose I can't really fault Colin for that. I still don't like his eagerness to jump on the luna suspect train.

honestly, throwing out reads is pretty difficult when you can see anyone as town, but also suspect them at the same time. I suspect who ever is scum is really good at hiding as scum. Perhaps it's yourself. You seem capable of that.

juliets
thellama73
MacDougall

Mongoose
novaselinenever
Sloonei

ColinIsCool

Sloonei
Nova
Colin
What have I done to deserve this?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Mongoose wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:31 pm For the group: what makes folks bad complementary?
From my point of view, the answer to that question is :how would you expect people who can coordinate with each other to behave? There's a lot of WIFOM involved, but to give one example, I earlier said I didn't think both you and Colin would be the only two No Lynch voters if you were on a team together. It would stand out too much. Of course, since your vote was unintentional, I no longer feel thta way, but you get the idea.

novaselinenever
Hitman

Sloonei wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:34 pm
Lunalee wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:32 pm Civs do change their minds a lot. I suppose I can't really fault Colin for that. I still don't like his eagerness to jump on the luna suspect train.

juliets
thellama73
MacDougall

Mongoose
novaselinenever
Sloonei

ColinIsCool

Sloonei
Nova
Colin
:haha:
novaselinenever
Hitman

This reminds me GoC Luna
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

And I'll need you to elaborate on that Colin read more. You say you don't like his eagerness to suspect you. Why not? And why do you characterize it as "eagerness"? [mention]Lunalee[/mention]
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

novaselinenever wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:35 pm This reminds me GoC Luna
Explain
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
novaselinenever
Hitman

Sloonei wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:37 pm
Explain
Blatant inconsistencies in her rainbows/gth reads.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

novaselinenever wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:40 pm
Explain
I didn't play GOC, but to me that indicates that the reads are not real, but just something she came up with in the moment to appear to be participating.

Lunalee
Loan Shark

Post by Lunalee »

juliets
thellama73
MacDougall

Mongoose
novaselinenever
Sloonei

ColinIsCool

Sloonei
Nova
Colin
sorry, town reads are temporary. I don't like the stunt you pulled asking for a role claim and then turning it around on me and using it to get me lynched. And I know it's not entirely your fault. I should have stayed silent.
Luna's Wins/Losses
Jobs
Side Missions
Heists
Burglaries
Special Games
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 260
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

novaselinenever wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:56 am
juliets wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:28 am Luna's claim: the mafia knows which configuration we're in so if we're in the cop, vanilla, vanilla they know one of them can claim double voter and get away with it. Is that what you guys (Mac, Sloon, llama) believe? It does seem like a possibility. And I did make the point earlier that Luna could have given that "bright shining civ" compliment to dunya to distance herself from a kill. But, would she have known that early in the game that they were going to kill dunya? I'm more confused about Luna than I was before the NK.
I think you're looking too deep at her "shining civ" comment. It could have been simply being friendly to Dunya, and trying to buddy her rather than an elaborate ruse for the night kill (72 hours later lol).

Do you believe her claim, if you were to make an immediate call?
I did at first, maybe because Sloonei called for the claim and then she did it, but reading through today's thread I can definitely see it as a desperation move knowing she was suspected.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Lunalee
Loan Shark

Post by Lunalee »

Sloonei wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:36 pm And I'll need you to elaborate on that Colin read more. You say you don't like his eagerness to suspect you. Why not? And why do you characterize it as "eagerness"? Lunalee
I've given you my opinion on Colin. I would like to hear what you think of him.
Luna's Wins/Losses
Jobs
Side Missions
Heists
Burglaries
Special Games
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Lunalee wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:57 pm

juliets
thellama73
MacDougall

Mongoose
novaselinenever
Sloonei

ColinIsCool

Sloonei
Nova
Colin
sorry, town reads are temporary. I don't like the stunt you pulled asking for a role claim and then turning it around on me and using it to get me lynched. And I know it's not entirely your fault. I should have stayed silent.
... but these reads came 50 minutes apart today and I "pulled that stunt" yesterday. What changed in the 50 minutes between these two posts?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Lunalee
Loan Shark

Post by Lunalee »

novaselinenever wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:40 pm
Explain
So I'm not allowed to change my reads on people? Sorry, but that's something that happens a lot in mafia.
Luna's Wins/Losses
Jobs
Side Missions
Heists
Burglaries
Special Games
Lunalee
Loan Shark

Post by Lunalee »

Sloonei wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:02 pm

juliets
thellama73
MacDougall

Mongoose
novaselinenever
Sloonei

ColinIsCool

Sloonei
Nova
Colin
... but these reads came 50 minutes apart today and I "pulled that stunt" yesterday. What changed in the 50 minutes between these two posts?
I started to resent you pushing for my lynch a bit more, and realized that everyone I was town reading couldn't be town.
Luna's Wins/Losses
Jobs
Side Missions
Heists
Burglaries
Special Games
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Lunalee wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:01 pm
Sloonei wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:36 pm And I'll need you to elaborate on that Colin read more. You say you don't like his eagerness to suspect you. Why not? And why do you characterize it as "eagerness"? Lunalee
I'm not satisfied with the details you've given to justify your opinion.

I have him as very slight mafia read right now.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Lunalee wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:04 pm
Sloonei wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:02 pm

juliets
thellama73
MacDougall

Mongoose
novaselinenever
Sloonei

ColinIsCool

Sloonei
Nova
Colin
I started to resent you pushing for my lynch a bit more, and realized that everyone I was town reading couldn't be town.
I am not pushing for your lynch. I'm asking you questions because I want to discuss things with you so that we can all read you better.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

I believe this. It sounds just like something that would happen to you and it's reasonable given how much you are doing outside of the game (distraction causes errors). If you were sitting on No Lynch before the change to Luna I would guess that your vote didn't go through even though you thought it did.

linki, sorry to interrupt the conversation between Luna and Sloon but I'm catching up.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Also the "stunt" I pulled yesterday is not a stunt and it's bullshit to categorize it as such. I suggested the hypothetical doubleclaimer might want to roleclaim as I was working through my own thoughts on juliets' role claim. But after making this suggestion I came to reflect more on the nature of juliets' claim in itself and I decided I trust her. Then when you claimed it became very apparent that there's no way at all to verify your claim, and that the reasoning that made juliets so believable could not be applied to the doublevoter claim at all.

What would even be suspicious about a player requesting a roleclaim and then doubting it when it came?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Lunalee
Loan Shark

Post by Lunalee »

Sloonei wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:05 pm

Dunya also strongly suspected colin before she was targeted. I could see that as a self-defense kill if she was after too many of the scum team.

what makes you view him as a slight mafia read?
Luna's Wins/Losses
Jobs
Side Missions
Heists
Burglaries
Special Games
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Lunalee wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:09 pm

Dunya also strongly suspected colin before she was targeted. I could see that as a self-defense kill if she was after too many of the scum team.

Lack of content that makes me civilian read him. Nothing Colin has said has makes me feel too strongly one way or another about him. That in itself is concerning.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Sloonei wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:08 pm Also the "stunt" I pulled yesterday is not a stunt and it's bullshit to categorize it as such. I suggested the hypothetical doubleclaimer might want to roleclaim as I was working through my own thoughts on juliets' role claim. But after making this suggestion I came to reflect more on the nature of juliets' claim in itself and I decided I trust her. Then when you claimed it became very apparent that there's no way at all to verify your claim, and that the reasoning that made juliets so believable could not be applied to the doublevoter claim at all.

What would even be suspicious about a player requesting a roleclaim and then doubting it when it came?
i wonder what a doubleclaimer would do.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Sloonei wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:18 pm
Sloonei wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:08 pm Also the "stunt" I pulled yesterday is not a stunt and it's bullshit to categorize it as such. I suggested the hypothetical doubleclaimer might want to roleclaim as I was working through my own thoughts on juliets' role claim. But after making this suggestion I came to reflect more on the nature of juliets' claim in itself and I decided I trust her. Then when you claimed it became very apparent that there's no way at all to verify your claim, and that the reasoning that made juliets so believable could not be applied to the doublevoter claim at all.

Whats a double claimer?

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

juliets wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:21 pm
Sloonei wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:18 pm

Whats a double claimer?
a typo :p
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Lunalee
Loan Shark

Post by Lunalee »

Sloonei wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:12 pm
Lunalee wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:09 pm

Lack of content that makes me civilian read him. Nothing Colin has said has makes me feel too strongly one way or another about him. That in itself is concerning.
Maybe it looked eager to me because he has not suspected anyone else. He sort of poked at dunya, but then later called her content "NAI" and me his "top suspect" while everyone else was either null or town.
Luna's Wins/Losses
Jobs
Side Missions
Heists
Burglaries
Special Games
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

I can't quite wrap my head around why the double voter would claim. Aren't you then forced to use your double vote that day or die that night? What am I missing (I am dead tired from work so I'm probably just brain dead trying to think about this).

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

juliets wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:30 pm I can't quite wrap my head around why the double voter would claim. Aren't you then forced to use your double vote that day or die that night? What am I missing (I am dead tired from work so I'm probably just brain dead trying to think about this).
I suggested it after you first claimed because a doublevoter would corroborate your claim. At the time my reasoning was that it was more valuable to have a potential confirmation of your claim than it would be to have a single doublevote. But then I decided I believe you regardless, and a doublevote claim can't be given nearly the same weight as a cop claim.

[mention]Lunalee[/mention] why did you claim? Walk us through the thought process that went into that decision. This is not an accusatory question, I just want to know what exactly prompted the decision.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

To refresh: the only possible setups in the matrix with a cop are mafia roleblocker and 1-shot town doublevoter, or all vanilla. If it's the latter, then a mafia member could easily claim doublevoter because they know they can't be counter-claimed. If it's the former then Luna could easily be telling the truth. But there's absolutely no way for us to know right now.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Lunalee
Loan Shark

Post by Lunalee »

Sloonei wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:35 pm
juliets wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:30 pm I can't quite wrap my head around why the double voter would claim. Aren't you then forced to use your double vote that day or die that night? What am I missing (I am dead tired from work so I'm probably just brain dead trying to think about this).
I suggested it after you first claimed because a doublevoter would corroborate your claim. At the time my reasoning was that it was more valuable to have a potential confirmation of your claim than it would be to have a single doublevote. But then I decided I believe you regardless, and a doublevote claim can't be given nearly the same weight as a cop claim.

@Lunalee why did you claim? Walk us through the thought process that went into that decision. This is not an accusatory question, I just want to know what exactly prompted the decision.
1. I thought it might be helpful to have that out there to potentially town-firm two players
2. No one knows when I use my one-shot or if I've already used it
3. It's not a huge loss to town if I get night-killed because of it. If you guys can work together on lynches, you don't need a double-voter.
Luna's Wins/Losses
Jobs
Side Missions
Heists
Burglaries
Special Games
Lunalee
Loan Shark

Post by Lunalee »

Sloonei wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:37 pm To refresh: the only possible setups in the matrix with a cop are mafia roleblocker and 1-shot town doublevoter, or all vanilla. If it's the latter, then a mafia member could easily claim doublevoter because they know they can't be counter-claimed. If it's the former then Luna could easily be telling the truth. But there's absolutely no way for us to know right now.
so your two options are: both juliets and I are scum and coordinated the claims, or both juliets and I are town and are telling the truth.
Luna's Wins/Losses
Jobs
Side Missions
Heists