Total votes: 8
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 479
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Re: It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia [DAY 2]

Post by Sloonei »

thellama73 wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:13 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:10 pm I'm just gonna play the most bland ass vanilla games for the rest of my life because any time I do anything remotely out of the ordinary people will go to incredible lengths to assign the most ludicrous mafia motivation to whatever I've done.

Tomorrow we should vote for Mongoose. Why? Because she's quiet. Game solved.
This seems like an overreaction.
It's been boiling up inside over the span of the last ~10 games that I've played.
My banners:
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 131

Post by thellama73 »

Cool, detached, rational Sloonei transforms into panicky, sarcastic, NO-Uing Sloonei in the space of one page. Surprisingly, I think this makes him look like a civ. I actually agree with Mac's earlier assessment that the mafia tend to remain cooler under fire than a falsely accused civilian.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 266

Post by MacDougall »

Sloonei wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:08 pm
MacDougall wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:05 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:04 pm Here's some posts from Mountain Mafia. Jay was bad and he was about to be lynched. At the last minute, I changed my vote to lynch somebody else instead. This was my own response to my own decision not to lynch Jay:
Sloonei wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:41 am I don't like the vote I just cast. Jay is bad.
Sloonei wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:48 am
Epignosis wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:44 am
Sloonei wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:41 am I don't like the vote I just cast. Jay is bad.
I don't like the vote you just cast. I want to say nasty things about you.
So do I. It was an impulsive emotional decision. I hate ties and always prefer a lynch with a clear decision, so I was focused on avoiding that. I also felt guilty for lynching Jay without any due process. I've played too many games with him to do that with a clean conscience, apparently. :shrug:
He's my top suspect going into Day 4.
I get impulsive at deadlines. I listen to my gut and my heart. I felt that the plan made logical sense, but I wasn't the best person to be in control of the situation. I considered myself to be a liability in the plan. I didn't want to be the one to do it.
This apple here is an orange.
Mac: "Lol sloonei actually wants us to believe his emotions can get the better of him during a lynch."
Sloonei: "Here's a vert clear cut example of my emotions getting the better of me during a lynch."
"Mac: "This does not apply."
Current example in which we had a strategy that was likely to town clear Lunalee on a critical day in which said civilian was the only person that was capable of getting lynched at Mylo in your stead because said town clearing, creates a town bloc out of the remaining players that you cannot deal with.

Old example was some random game in which you decided to defend Batman from a random lynch. I don't know if you realise but you're Robin Sloonei. You're fucking Robin. You would die for Jay. Because you love him. Like a boyfriend.

Apples and oranges.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

thellama73 wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:15 pm Cool, detached, rational Sloonei transforms into panicky, sarcastic, NO-Uing Sloonei in the space of one page. Surprisingly, I think this makes him look like a civ. I actually agree with Mac's earlier assessment that the mafia tend to remain cooler under fire than a falsely accused civilian.
So you are saying that you are bad then? Because if Sloonei is a civilian I guess that makes you and Nova the Mafia.
Mongoose
Your Neighborhood Friendly Mongoose
Posts in topic: 232
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
Aka: Alison

Post by Mongoose »

Sloonei wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:10 pm I'm just gonna play the most bland ass vanilla games for the rest of my life because any time I do anything remotely out of the ordinary people will go to incredible lengths to assign the most ludicrous mafia motivation to whatever I've done.

Oh, don't lash out at me. Hells bells, I've been on all day, being active, being productive, talking with you and others, doing IDOs and now that the lynch is over, I finally moved from my laptop for 5 mins to get ready for a boxing-watching party.

I'm not quiet, but I'm not extremely here and will be gone for a couple of hours. I need to marinate on all this as I think we all do.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

MacDougall wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:17 pm
thellama73 wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:15 pm Cool, detached, rational Sloonei transforms into panicky, sarcastic, NO-Uing Sloonei in the space of one page. Surprisingly, I think this makes him look like a civ. I actually agree with Mac's earlier assessment that the mafia tend to remain cooler under fire than a falsely accused civilian.
So you are saying that you are bad then? Because if Sloonei is a civilian I guess that makes you and Nova the Mafia.
Nope. I think it's probably Mongoose and Nova.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Llama who is the Mafia?
Nova who is the Mafia?
Sloonei who is the Mafia?

Linki: Moongoose is the patsy now ay.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Here's Mac tinfoiling me in the GoC. I was town.
Here's Mac tinfoiling me in A World Asunder. I was town. He was not.
Here's Mac tinfoiling me in Mega Man. I was town.
Here's Mac tinfoiling me in IASIP. I am town.

[mention]MacDougall[/mention] can you please add this post to your signature once this game is over?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

Right?? What was the even.

linki @ Mac - I guess I am! Luckily I have the perfect hat for this occasion.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Mongoose wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:18 pm

Oh, don't lash out at me. Hells bells, I've been on all day, being active, being productive, talking with you and others, doing IDOs and now that the lynch is over, I finally moved from my laptop for 5 mins to get ready for a boxing-watching party.

I'm not quiet, but I'm not extremely here and will be gone for a couple of hours. I need to marinate on all this as I think we all do.
sarcastic orange. u good.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

Sloonei wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:20 pm
Mongoose wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:18 pm

sarcastic orange. u good.
OH Hell is that what orange meant? Soz.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Sloonei wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:19 pm Here's Mac tinfoiling me in the GoC. I was town.
Here's Mac tinfoiling me in A World Asunder. I was town. He was not.
Here's Mac tinfoiling me in Mega Man. I was town.
Here's Mac tinfoiling me in IASIP. I am town.

@MacDougall can you please add this post to your signature once this game is over?
That's a really interesting series of posts. Perhaps they'd be relevant if it weren't for the fact that in 1998, The Undertaker threw Mankind off Hell In A Cell, and plummeted 16 ft through an announcer's table.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

You got Mongoose to say "hell". Never a good sign.

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Sloonei wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:35 pm
MacDougall wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:34 pm Sloonei legit tried to prevent that from happening so we wouldn't town clear Lunalee. That's pretty fucking obvious to everyone right?
I supported the plan every step of the way. I just didn't want to be the one doing it.

Nova resisted it.
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

thellama73 wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:24 pm You got Mongoose to say "hell". Never a good sign.
Lol. I'm not a prude! I was just embarrassed I got sassy at him without remembering sarcastic orange.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Mac and nova feel like they make the most sense independently as suspects, but there's a <1% chance that they're partners.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

[mention]Mongoose[/mention] [mention]thellama73[/mention] which one of you is bad?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Sloonei wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:30 pm Mac and nova feel like they make the most sense independently as suspects, but there's a <1% chance that they're partners.
I'm starting to tinfoil that Mac has been sowing choas like a mastermind this whole time, but I don't know if I think him competent enough to pull it off. :haha:

thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Sloonei wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:30 pm @Mongoose @thellama73 which one of you is bad?
I am not. Scouts honor.

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

thellama73 wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:32 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:30 pm Mac and nova feel like they make the most sense independently as suspects, but there's a <1% chance that they're partners.
I'm starting to tinfoil that Mac has been sowing choas like a mastermind this whole time, but I don't know if I think him competent enough to pull it off. :haha:
He is.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

Sloonei wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:30 pm @Mongoose @thellama73 which one of you is bad?
Well, it's not me, sir.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Sloonei and Llama like I've been saying for ages.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

thellama73 wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:33 pm
I am not. Scouts honor.
Mongoose wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:35 pm
Well, it's not me, sir.
@jaggedjimmyjay can we add a lie detector to the matrix real quick?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

MacDougall wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:36 pm Sloonei and Llama like I've been saying for ages.
what happened to nova?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Speaking of the matrix, it's all but confirmed that we're in column 1. This means there's a mafia roleblocker. Which means we're basically all vanilla now.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

So Llama.

You think that Sloonei is a civ? Truly? After that?
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Mongoose and llama could both be bad.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Sloonei wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:37 pm
MacDougall wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:36 pm Sloonei and Llama like I've been saying for ages.
what happened to nova?
I was fucking with you. It's you and Nova.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

MacDougall wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:39 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:37 pm
what happened to nova?
I was fucking with you. It's you and Nova.
:omg:
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Nova = Scum for reasons I've well documented
Sloonei = Scum for reasons I've well documented

Sloonei has been hard defending Nova in the thread from me all game too.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

So you're off Nova now?

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Where did he say this?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Disregard above post. I hadn't read the most recent posts yet.

thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Sloonei wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:47 pm
Where did he say this?
here.
MacDougall wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:01 pm Also since when are cases important.

He's also remained snarky throughout all my tunneling. Civs get mad when they get tunneled. He's just begrudgingly admiring me while other people actually do the defending.

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

thellama73 wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:48 pm
Where did he say this?
here.

He's also remained snarky throughout all my tunneling. Civs get mad when they get tunneled. He's just begrudgingly admiring me while other people actually do the defending.
Wild how Mac applies a double standard to his suspects, huh?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Sloonei wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:49 pm
thellama73 wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:48 pm
Where did he say this?
here.

Wild how Mac applies a double standard to his suspects, huh?
He unquestioningly does. The question is, is that allignment indicative?

ColinIsCool
Hitman
Posts in topic: 72

Post by ColinIsCool »

Remember friends:
ColinIsCool wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:35 pm I’m not bad, I’m bad at Mafia.
Mongoose wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:33 pm Colin, you were an absolute delight.
Thanks! I hope we can play again soon!
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

What would the mafia strategy have been at the end of day?

We had two competing civilian bandwagons. one of which was a power role. If they can get luna to use her shot, cool. But that doesn't really matter since she can't use it at MYLO/LYLO anyway. As long as they can ensure that one of them, either one, gets lynched and they (mafia jabronis) come out looking not bad then today was a success. So what would that look like? I don't know. I might look at everybody's posts and ask myself if I can see that mindset in them. But I've also been putting off actual schoolwork all day because of this game.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

Does MYLO/LYLO get announced nowadays or is that up to the host?
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Mongoose wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:34 pm Does MYLO/LYLO get announced nowadays or is that up to the host?
It tends to be announced, but we know the setup and math tells us that it's about to be 4 vs 2, which is mylo.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Mongoose

Re: It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia [NIGHT 2]

Post by Mongoose »

I'm off to "watch" boxing; I'll see you guys tomorrow.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Lunalee
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 71

Post by Lunalee »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:32 pm Only time for shite post. Colin lynched. Charlie. Vanilla civilian. Night ends in 24 hours.
well that sucks. sorry Colin.
Luna's Wins/Losses
Jobs
Ancient Greece Mafia - civilian - loss
U-Pick Mafia - mafia - loss
Retrocausality Mafia - mafia - loss
Mega Man Mafia - mafia - win
Hogwarts Mafia - civilian - loss
Side Missions
Image Mafia - civilian - loss
Courage the Cowardly Dog Mafia - civilian - loss
Heists
Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me - civilian - loss
Friends Mafia - civilian - loss
Daily Fantasy Mafia - civilian - win
Everyone's Insane! - mafia - win
Space Force - civilian - loss
Burglaries
Murder on the Owl Express - third party - loss
Operation Refrigerator Restoration - civilian - win
One Hour Werewolf - Tanner - loss
Awful Overplayed Dadrock Mafia - civilian - loss
Dethy Game - civilian - loss
Special Games
Two-Headed Monster Mafia - civilian - win
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Lunalee wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:48 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:32 pm Only time for shite post. Colin lynched. Charlie. Vanilla civilian. Night ends in 24 hours.
well that sucks. sorry Colin.
Who’s bad?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
novaselinenever
Hitman
Posts in topic: 484

Post by novaselinenever »

I'm having trouble processing the last couple of pages
Lunalee
Loan Shark

Post by Lunalee »

MacDougall wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:58 pm @Mongoose @juliets @Lunalee

Please tell me you completely understand me here.
are you referring to this?
MacDougall wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:44 pm I think townfirming Luna does enough (given we have little else to go by) to clear luna, mongoose and juliets. It should clear me too.

Nova/Sloonei/Llama.

Sloonei tried to prevent the townclear by outright voting Colin vs. Luna (who the Mafia knew was a double voter). I think he knew he had to do it and is wifoming it away because he knew townclearing Luna would break the game.

I believe Sloonei and Nova orchestrated it and have decided that they have to turn on each other now and hope we mislynch once. This is tree Mafia all over again.
yeah, I get you.
Luna's Wins/Losses
Jobs
Side Missions
Heists
Burglaries
Special Games
Lunalee
Loan Shark

Post by Lunalee »

novaselinenever wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:52 pm I'm having trouble processing the last couple of pages
I think you're having trouble processing that your scum team has been outed and will be lynched in short order.
Luna's Wins/Losses
Jobs
Side Missions
Heists
Burglaries
Special Games
novaselinenever
Hitman

I don't really see how this plan town confirmed anyone that went along with it. How is a negative for Mafia when the two leading wagons are mislynches for them, the alleged double-voter having 50% of proving herself, and no protective role to ensure the survival of the new town confirmed in that 50% scenario?
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

After confirming that the top two suspects of the day were both civilian, mafia would want to identify a scapegoat as soon as possible, would they not?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
novaselinenever
Hitman

Lunalee wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:53 pm
novaselinenever wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:52 pm I'm having trouble processing the last couple of pages
I think you're having trouble processing that your scum team has been outed and will be lynched in short order.
I'm not sure if you haven't read but I came in after the plan and I was trying to give you a 100% of survival instead of 50 by asking for a tie.

But sure, my team has been outed. Nice.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

novaselinenever wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:56 pm I don't really see how this plan town confirmed anyone that went along with it. How is a negative for Mafia when the two leading wagons are mislynches for them, the alleged double-voter having 50% of proving herself, and no protective role to ensure the survival of the new town confirmed in that 50% scenario?
It does not. It was a good plan, but mafia had no incentive not to go along with it.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Previous Heists”