Elochin
No votes
juliets
No votes
Long Con
24%
Lunalee
12%
Carolyn Leonhart (The Host, the Non, the Dead)
65%

Total votes: 17
novaselinenever
Hitman
Posts in topic: 362

Re: Steely Dan Mafia [Night 3]

Post by novaselinenever »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 12:45 pm
novaselinenever wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 12:44 pm Finally. I thought I'd never catch up
What have you learned?
I'm a sucker for inactivity reasons I've been there a lot lol. She kind of reads genuine in her latest posts, so I'd put her above the other inactives. She made it to yellow :p

Although I'm still interested in hearing in some expending and thoughts from her. I'm still not sure I understand her thought posts of a few days ago. It wasn't good, 2 easy townreads on the most vocal players at that moment (dunya and you), some crap about Eloh giving her pause (pause to what? from what? WHAT?). Also kind of shading you for picking her out of the inactives for a later D1 lynch, even though she has you as Town at the begining of the post. lol what?

I learned that Luna apparently messed up a post with a quote from Neverwhere when she was responding to Dunya. I have no clue how does such a thing happen lol. Her thing about Speedchuck is quite interesting, and the choice of percentages is even more so. 5% chances of failure isn't small :shifty:

I've learned that y'all need to be more active :workit:
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 719
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

novaselinenever wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 1:13 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 12:45 pm
novaselinenever wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 12:44 pm Finally. I thought I'd never catch up
What have you learned?
I'm a sucker for inactivity reasons I've been there a lot lol. She kind of reads genuine in her latest posts, so I'd put her above the other inactives. She made it to yellow :p

Although I'm still interested in hearing in some expending and thoughts from her. I'm still not sure I understand her thought posts of a few days ago. It wasn't good, 2 easy townreads on the most vocal players at that moment (dunya and you), some crap about Eloh giving her pause (pause to what? from what? WHAT?). Also kind of shading you for picking her out of the inactives for a later D1 lynch, even though she has you as Town at the begining of the post. lol what?

I learned that Luna apparently messed up a post with a quote from Neverwhere when she was responding to Dunya. I have no clue how does such a thing happen lol. Her thing about Speedchuck is quite interesting, and the choice of percentages is even more so. 5% chances of failure isn't small :shifty:

I've learned that y'all need to be more active :workit:
Are you referring to Neverwhere in this post?
Spoiler: show
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
novaselinenever
Hitman

Yep.
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 554
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 12:08 am A role has been added to the OP, seemingly revealed: Deacon Blues. It matches the description juliets gave of her role.
What. The. Heck.

Why is that public knowledge? I guess it really doesn't matter. Were all those other roles there before?
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
novaselinenever
Hitman

juliets wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 2:06 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 12:08 am A role has been added to the OP, seemingly revealed: Deacon Blues. It matches the description juliets gave of her role.
What. The. Heck.

Why is that public knowledge? I guess it really doesn't matter. Were all those other roles there before?
It's weird. Did something happen to you?

No, they were not. Roles were added with each flip I believe, except yours.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

I need to go back and read Jay's analyses before I comment on anyone. I will say I can't remember a bad mata. She sounds like the civ mata I remember but as someone pointed out it's been a long time. I'll see if I can re-read her today and see if anything strikes me.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

novaselinenever wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 2:21 pm
What. The. Heck.

Nothing happened to me but I'm starting to wonder if I'm dying tonight.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
novaselinenever
Hitman

juliets wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 2:22 pm
novaselinenever wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 2:21 pm
What. The. Heck.

Nothing happened to me but I'm starting to wonder if I'm dying tonight.
RIP lol
Matahari
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 136

Post by Matahari »

What. The. Heck.

Lol. I thought the same way. I thought on it and then came up with a couple different things that might not be true, but could be. Maybe someone has a role where they can turn in a name of a SD song, and if it’s in the game, the host adds the role to the list. Or, maybe the host is going to add a role each day, regardless. If so, then ppl better be honest if they decide to role claim.
novaselinenever
Hitman

juliets wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 2:21 pm I need to go back and read Jay's analyses before I comment on anyone. I will say I can't remember a bad mata. She sounds like the civ mata I remember but as someone pointed out it's been a long time. I'll see if I can re-read her today and see if anything strikes me.
Do you remember a game where she was bad in it? Couldn't hurt to read it :srsnod:
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

novaselinenever wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 2:25 pm
juliets wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 2:21 pm I need to go back and read Jay's analyses before I comment on anyone. I will say I can't remember a bad mata. She sounds like the civ mata I remember but as someone pointed out it's been a long time. I'll see if I can re-read her today and see if anything strikes me.
Do you remember a game where she was bad in it? Couldn't hurt to read it :srsnod:
I'm sorry nova I do not. [mention]Matahari[/mention] have you been bad in a game on this site?

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Matahari
Drug Dealer

Post by Matahari »

[mention]juliets[/mention] Yes, but I don’t remember the name. Daisy was on my team, and Bass, and one other person. This was shortly before I retired. She might remember.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Matahari wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 2:30 pm @juliets Yes, but I don’t remember the name. Daisy was on my team, and Bass, and one other person. This was shortly before I retired. She might remember.
Thanks mata, maybe she will. [mention]Spacedaisy[/mention] ^ ^

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 160

Post by Elohcin »

dunya wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:31 pm You might be sarcastic DDL but I am not opposed to that for the first time in my mafia life :p

My low posters would include Kites and Lunalee.

Kites
Lunalee
Niju
Neverwhere
ReyWas

I hope kites can engage us more. Just knowing his thoughts helps us figure him out like I've managed to do with Matahari (I think)
I'm not opposed to kites or luna either. I know there isn't much to go on, but I have previously commented on some of Kites suspicious posts. And Luna, like I said, although I defended her in the beginning, my opinion started to change sometime during the double night. Has she ever been this distant in a game? I have not seen it. As for the others, I am gut civ on Niju. I could go either way on leetic. Neverwhere seems genuinely busy. And, Rey....I wonder if he has even read his PM. Where is that dude? He literally could be a baddie who hasn't even shown up for all we know.

@Jay - what does this mean... " I could reach and suggest that Jack is setting a preliminary smear for Elohcin when niju flips mafia. Eh."
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
Matahari
Drug Dealer

Post by Matahari »

I’d like help with a few things, if no one minds. I have been thinking of Dunya as town pretty much the whole game. She is not soft on anyone, she hasn’t tried steering things, and she just doesn’t ring any warning bells with me. But it would be really dumb for me to not ask about her former game play. Is Dunya always this way? Does she play differently in all games, does she have a tell if she is mafia that distinguishes her from town?
I just want to know if everyone is accepting her as town this time, so I can be sure too.

Same with Nova, I don’t know his style either, so I’m paying attention to some of the warnings I see from Jay and others. My first take was that he seemed ok, but now I think it’s time to reread him.
Matahari
Drug Dealer

Post by Matahari »

juliets wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 2:32 pm
Matahari wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 2:30 pm @juliets Yes, but I don’t remember the name. Daisy was on my team, and Bass, and one other person. This was shortly before I retired. She might remember.
Thanks mata, maybe she will. @Spacedaisy ^ ^
I’m trying hard to remember some names of games I played. In Twin Peaks and Bioshock, I think I was town. I was mafia in a DFaraday game, a game with like five different role checkers. It might have been a wrestling theme. MP busted me right away, and he was on the other mafia team. That’s all I can remember right now.
I have been on a bad team with LC too. But a different site.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Matahari wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 2:54 pm I’d like help with a few things, if no one minds. I have been thinking of Dunya as town pretty much the whole game. She is not soft on anyone, she hasn’t tried steering things, and she just doesn’t ring any warning bells with me. But it would be really dumb for me to not ask about her former game play. Is Dunya always this way? Does she play differently in all games, does she have a tell if she is mafia that distinguishes her from town?
I just want to know if everyone is accepting her as town this time, so I can be sure too.

Same with Nova, I don’t know his style either, so I’m paying attention to some of the warnings I see from Jay and others. My first take was that he seemed ok, but now I think it’s time to reread him.
Mata, dunya has been like this in every game I've seen her in but I have never seen bad dunya. Maybe someone who has seen bad dunya can tell us if her style is the same as good dunya. I've got her green right now.

This is the fourth game in a row I've played with nova. He was civ in all three games to this point. His posting style as civ was very involved, he would reel off lots of one or two line short posts and help guide the thread. Here he doesn't seem quite as active as a leader, though when JJJ plays it's hard for anyone else to lead unless it's dunya. I know dunya has some big gripes with him (even though he did not seem Jack compatible, he looks worse when you look at he and Mac) and so I'm going to re-read him today too. I may even go back and look at one of those other games. I would say he's yellow-green for me right now.

linki - Mata I'll take a look at the Faraday games and see if I can find the one that you were in.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Well I have good news and bad news [mention]novaselinenever[/mention]. I found the game where [mention]Matahari[/mention] was bad but it was in Dec. 2013/Jan. 2014. Many years ago. Add to that we weren't doing a legend for ISO's so you'll have to find a post by Mata and click the Isolate on her avatar to see her posts. I've got some other things that take priority so I probably won't try and look at her today.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Oh dang I forgot to name the game [mention]novaselinenever[/mention] - it's WWE Mafia by D. Farraday.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 198

Post by Spacedaisy »

I had to do some searching. I think the only one I could see in the HoF was Death Note. Which was a pretty epic game. It was me, Marmot, Mata and Boo with BTSC. We could win with Bass and Rico but didn't have btsc with them. I don't know if that game can exactly be considered normal though. Also it was forever ago.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Matahari
Drug Dealer

Post by Matahari »

Spacedaisy wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 4:31 pm
I had to do some searching. I think the only one I could see in the HoF was Death Note. Which was a pretty epic game. It was me, Marmot, Mata and Boo with BTSC. We could win with Bass and Rico but didn't have btsc with them. I don't know if that game can exactly be considered normal though. Also it was forever ago.

i just found that, it was fun! I think I was bussed by mutual agreement near endgame, because I was drawing suspicion. I couldn’t remember everyone on the team though.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

[mention]Spacedaisy[/mention] got any reads today?

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
novaselinenever
Hitman

juliets wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 3:29 pm Well I have good news and bad news @novaselinenever. I found the game where @Matahari was bad but it was in Dec. 2013/Jan. 2014. Many years ago. Add to that we weren't doing a legend for ISO's so you'll have to find a post by Mata and click the Isolate on her avatar to see her posts. I've got some other things that take priority so I probably won't try and look at her today.
Thanks juliet! I'll check it out
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Go ahead and tell me I'm dead Epi.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
novaselinenever
Hitman

juliets wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 5:19 pm Go ahead and tell me I'm dead Epi.
But why would they kill you if you're still going to be able to post?
novaselinenever
Hitman

Also why would it be shown at the start of the night?
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

novaselinenever wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 5:24 pm
juliets wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 5:19 pm Go ahead and tell me I'm dead Epi.
But why would they kill you if you're still going to be able to post?
You got me. But why did my role appear with the other dead people's roles?

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
novaselinenever
Hitman

I have absolutely no idea lol
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

novaselinenever wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 5:24 pm Also why would it be shown at the start of the night?
I don't know. Why would it be shown at all until I'm dead?

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Matahari
Drug Dealer

Post by Matahari »

I’m going to try and find some Dunya games to compare. I don’t think it’s wise to just assume someone is town because they seem to be.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Matahari wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 5:26 pm I’m going to try and find some Dunya games to compare. I don’t think it’s wise to just assume someone is town because they seem to be.
I think some of the people here have played with her when bad, they might know.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
novaselinenever
Hitman

Matahari wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 5:26 pm I’m going to try and find some Dunya games to compare. I don’t think it’s wise to just assume someone is town because they seem to be.
Ancient Greece, a full game.
Matahari
Drug Dealer

Post by Matahari »

juliets wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 5:28 pm
I think some of the people here have played with her when bad, they might know.
Ok I might wait a bit longer and see if anyone else answers my earlier question about her. I’ll be rereading Nova too.
Matahari
Drug Dealer

Post by Matahari »

novaselinenever wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 5:28 pm
Ancient Greece, a full game.
Thanks!
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 56

Post by Epignosis »

Donald Fagen and Walter Becker looked at the mafia.

"Do they even have a razor boy?"

No one has been cut.

It is now Day 4. You have 24 hours to remove someone from the set list.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Re: Steely Dan Mafia [Day 4]

Post by juliets »

Yayay! Second time!

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
dunya
GOAT Whisperer
Posts in topic: 773

Post by dunya »

o.O

[VOTE: leetic] aubergine
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

ancient greece, fire emblem (though i had to replace out because i got tmi from another player by accident), and image mafia. i think those are the three.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

they happened in succession too? i fucking hate being mafia.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Oh check out the poll -

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Matahari wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 2:54 pm I’d like help with a few things, if no one minds. I have been thinking of Dunya as town pretty much the whole game. She is not soft on anyone, she hasn’t tried steering things, and she just doesn’t ring any warning bells with me. But it would be really dumb for me to not ask about her former game play. Is Dunya always this way? Does she play differently in all games, does she have a tell if she is mafia that distinguishes her from town?
what do you mean i have't tried "steering" things?

when i'm town, everyone knows i'm town. but i'm pretty sneaky (you should read my fire emblem game where i had everyone fooled before i had to replace out).

i'll tell you one thing: i hate being mafia. like, seriously. i loathe it. my fav role to roll? vanilla townie. gimme that shit any day of the week and i'll be a happy camper. that's why heists are my fav game types.

anyway, maybe jay can tell you more about mafia dunya vs town dunya. he has a thesis written on the subject.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

juliets wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 5:41 pm Oh check out the poll -
indeed.
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 160

Post by Elohcin »

no kill! :D That poll though. Instead of just modkilling, Epi is letting us decide?
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

i know niju is the obvious choice, that's fine. whatever man. leetic reeks to me and i wanna vote him.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

dunya wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 5:47 pm i know niju is the obvious choice, that's fine. whatever man. leetic reeks to me and i wanna vote him.
I don't mind voting for leetic if thats the way we want to go. I took a look at his posts and the last two are about not lynching inactives. I really need to see more of him to think he is civ.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Matahari
Drug Dealer

Post by Matahari »

dunya wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 5:42 pm

when i'm town, everyone knows i'm town. but i'm pretty sneaky (you should read my fire emblem game where i had everyone fooled before i had to replace out).

i'll tell you one thing: i hate being mafia. like, seriously. i loathe it. my fav role to roll? vanilla townie. gimme that shit any day of the week and i'll be a happy camper. that's why heists are my fav game types.

anyway, maybe jay can tell you more about mafia dunya vs town dunya. he has a thesis written on the subject.
I’m not sure what the word for steering is now, but it means to keep bringing the attention back, subtly, to the same person, for not very important issues. Like trying to keep the spotlight on someone in a sneaky way. I haven’t seen you doing that and I would expect someone bad to try that early days in a game.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Elohcin wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 5:45 pm no kill! :D That poll though. Instead of just modkilling, Epi is letting us decide?
i don't think so. i think this is a townie power. someone chose to have only these people on the poll.

i'm not really hot about narrowed down options, but i get it. these people need to be addressed at some point. now we're forced into addressing them.
novaselinenever
Hitman

[mention]JaggedJimmyJay[/mention] :suspish:
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Matahari wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 5:50 pm
dunya wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 5:42 pm

I’m not sure what the word for steering is now, but it means to keep bringing the attention back, subtly, to the same person, for not very important issues. Like trying to keep the spotlight on someone in a sneaky way. I haven’t seen you doing that and I would expect someone bad to try that early days in a game.
i understand. i don't do that as scum or town, though. i like to spread myself across the thread and be literally everywhere like bed bugs.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

novaselinenever wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 5:52 pm @JaggedJimmyJay :suspish:
if he insanified you, that's kinda weird as fuck.

Return to “Previous Side Missions”