Elochin
No votes
juliets
No votes
Long Con
24%
Lunalee
12%
Carolyn Leonhart (The Host, the Non, the Dead)
65%

Total votes: 17
Matahari
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 136

Re: Steely Dan Mafia [Night 4]

Post by Matahari »

dunya wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:42 pm
Matahari wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:36 pm and his recent defense of DDL’s role use
i don't remember reading how you felt about the narrowed down lynch pool. did it make you wary of ddl?

fair points on everyone. i think based on my understanding of daisy's personality, i can gleam how far she would go into inserting anger into a mafia game. what i saw was genuine anger and displeasure that i feel would be near impossible to replicate if she was just messing about with a teammate. i also can't see her bussing mac. his role was a powerful one. she's the one that set mac ahead of nutella; something she didn't have to do to stay consistent in her game play. the bussing, if it occurred, would have happened after mac was in the lead imo.

this is just my take on things. it's called tinfoil because it can be disputed, but i felt like expanding on why daisy is town in my eyes.
I made a post, I think, about DDL, or I may have canceled it. Sometimes, if two or three people just posted about something, all in agreement, and I’m working on a post saying the same thing, I’ll cancel my post. But I’ll look back. Wait, yes, I did. I was commenting on not liking the lynch being directed, but at the same time, I wanted to see a tie. I thought it was funny that I was wishing for a directed lynch (tie), but not liking DDLs directed lynch. I thought it might be another attempt at stalling a lynch to save the remaining mafia. I’ll still look to see if I made any other posts about DDL before adding him to my POE.

I still think Daisy is town, I was just trying to be realistic about her abilities as a wolf. The last time we were mafia together, Death Note, I think, she amazed me. I give her credit for being able to pull off anything.
Matahari
Drug Dealer

Re: Steely Dan Mafia [Day 4]

Post by Matahari »

[mention]dunya[/mention]
Matahari wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 2:15 pm @juliets it’s just that I’d like to see how people react to the possibility of a tie. How many times votes change, etc.
So this sounds very hypocritical, even though I’m in favor of playing around with the voting to help me out with my suspect list, I’m very opposed to the restricted poll. I’m having a difficult time believing there is anything town about that ability.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer
Posts in topic: 773

Re: Steely Dan Mafia [Day 4]

Post by dunya »

Matahari wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 2:15 pm juliets it’s just that I’d like to see how people react to the possibility of a tie. How many times votes change, etc.
So this sounds very hypocritical, even though I’m in favor of playing around with the voting to help me out with my suspect list, I’m very opposed to the restricted poll. I’m having a difficult time believing there is anything town about that ability.
i see it now, mata. sorry, i'm not focused on the game anymore. thanks for answering.

link: lol.
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 198

Post by Spacedaisy »

Matahari wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:59 pm
dunya wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:42 pm
Matahari wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:36 pm and his recent defense of DDL’s role use
i don't remember reading how you felt about the narrowed down lynch pool. did it make you wary of ddl?

fair points on everyone. i think based on my understanding of daisy's personality, i can gleam how far she would go into inserting anger into a mafia game. what i saw was genuine anger and displeasure that i feel would be near impossible to replicate if she was just messing about with a teammate. i also can't see her bussing mac. his role was a powerful one. she's the one that set mac ahead of nutella; something she didn't have to do to stay consistent in her game play. the bussing, if it occurred, would have happened after mac was in the lead imo.

this is just my take on things. it's called tinfoil because it can be disputed, but i felt like expanding on why daisy is town in my eyes.
I made a post, I think, about DDL, or I may have canceled it. Sometimes, if two or three people just posted about something, all in agreement, and I’m working on a post saying the same thing, I’ll cancel my post. But I’ll look back. Wait, yes, I did. I was commenting on not liking the lynch being directed, but at the same time, I wanted to see a tie. I thought it was funny that I was wishing for a directed lynch (tie), but not liking DDLs directed lynch. I thought it might be another attempt at stalling a lynch to save the remaining mafia. I’ll still look to see if I made any other posts about DDL before adding him to my POE.

I still think Daisy is town, I was just trying to be realistic about her abilities as a wolf. The last time we were mafia together, Death Note, I think, she amazed me. I give her credit for being able to pull off anything.
Awe shucks. That was the best game I’ve ever played honestly.

But dunya I don’t i sent anger as a fake. If I’m upset, it’s real and probably NAI. I can get upset as mafia or civ. I appreciate that you townread me for that, but i thought I should be clear. All I was less angry than frustrated earlier becauseJack’s argument was ridiculous imo, and ignored the point I favor if an invented reasoning.

However, my vote for Mac did put him in the lead. But a lot of votes came in around the same time so... I don’t expect a solid town read from that.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 554
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

speedchuck wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:55 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:41 pm Seems really boring to just abstain, but I don't see a good way to implement it at this point. :sigh:
Hit me with it. I want to see what it does.
Why? It could screw up your ability.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Spacedaisy wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 4:14 pm
But dunya I don’t i sent anger as a fake. If I’m upset, it’s real and probably NAI. I can get upset as mafia or civ. I appreciate that you townread me for that, but i thought I should be clear. All I was less angry than frustrated earlier becauseJack’s argument was ridiculous imo, and ignored the point I favor if an invented reasoning.

However, my vote for Mac did put him in the lead. But a lot of votes came in around the same time so... I don’t expect a solid town read from that.
of course you can, but i have very little ability to see you get genuinely upset at a teammate's "fake argument" that way lol. that was my point. the anger didn't clear you--the fact it was an interaction with a dead mafioso did.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

anger, frustration. whatever you wanna call it. :p
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 349

Post by speedchuck »

juliets wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 4:18 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:41 pm Seems really boring to just abstain, but I don't see a good way to implement it at this point. :sigh:
Really?

I thought it was a post restriction.
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

speedchuck wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 4:26 pm
Really?

Ok, as long as it's not an overall communication restriction. That's what I was afraid of.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Matahari
Drug Dealer

Post by Matahari »

Leetic, you were here. No post?
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

juliets wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 4:34 pm
speedchuck wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 4:26 pm
Really?

Ok, as long as it's not an overall communication restriction. That's what I was afraid of.
I don't know, it's not my role
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 719
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

sure speedchuck why not. It shouldn't impact your other stuff as far as I know.
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Neato
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Matahari wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 4:58 pm Leetic, you were here. No post?
leetic was here and had nothing to say? bad news.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

[mention]speedchuck[/mention] sorry if you said this and I missed it but who would you have voted for in the reduced poll and why?

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Matahari
Drug Dealer

Post by Matahari »

juliets wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:26 pm
Matahari wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 4:58 pm Leetic, you were here. No post?
leetic was here and had nothing to say? bad news.
He was here, left for a few minutes, then came back for a few. I don’t like that.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

juliets wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:28 pm @speedchuck sorry if you said this and I missed it but who would you have voted for in the reduced poll and why?
Leetic

I think he's been the least present? Not a whole lot to go on.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

dunya wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 4:19 pm
Spacedaisy wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 4:14 pm

of course you can, but i have very little ability to see you get genuinely upset at a teammate's "fake argument" that way lol. that was my point. the anger didn't clear you--the fact it was an interaction with a dead mafioso did.
Ah I see what you’re saying.

You’re my tinfoil, lol so that’s why it worries me when you clear me so totally.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

speedchuck wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:30 pm
juliets wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:28 pm @speedchuck sorry if you said this and I missed it but who would you have voted for in the reduced poll and why?
Leetic

I think he's been the least present? Not a whole lot to go on.
Ok thanks. I didn't like his shooing us away from the low posters. And he's evidently been here but not bothered to post. He may be my next vote.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

i mean, i appreciate all the votes of confidence (and tinfoil), but it isn't helping me die in this game.
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

I don’t really think it’s worth making a case out of when someone comes and goes personally. I come ina Nd read without commenting sometimes because I am distracted or just don’t feel like I have something to add. I hope it doesn’t become the norm to be carefully watching when people come and go. We all have lives outside of mafia. And we all play differently.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

dunya wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:33 pm i mean, i appreciate all the votes of confidence (and tinfoil), but it isn't helping me die in this game.
If I had a NK you’d be dead already. ❤️
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Spacedaisy wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:34 pm I don’t really think it’s worth making a case out of when someone comes and goes personally. I come ina Nd read without commenting sometimes because I am distracted or just don’t feel like I have something to add. I hope it doesn’t become the norm to be carefully watching when people come and go. We all have lives outside of mafia. And we all play differently.
Yes but he has offered nothing of substance and I find his presence with no output concerning. If he is reading he knows he is close to the edge so do something, offer reads, defend, something.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Matahari
Drug Dealer

Post by Matahari »

Spacedaisy wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:34 pm I don’t really think it’s worth making a case out of when someone comes and goes personally. I come ina Nd read without commenting sometimes because I am distracted or just don’t feel like I have something to add. I hope it doesn’t become the norm to be carefully watching when people come and go. We all have lives outside of mafia. And we all play differently.
Normally, I don’t look for that either. But it seems to be more important to me with the low posters this game. It might not really matter, I just noticed it and commented.
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

I’m not defending leetic. I see no reason to believe he is good. I’m just commenting about a frequent conversation piece in this game that I’m hoping doesn’t become a trend
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 56

Post by Epignosis »

Since I am back to work, I have to extend the Night phase just a bit. Night actions are due by 7pm EST and that is when the phase will end.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

:faint:
Matahari
Drug Dealer

Post by Matahari »

This implies that not all of the night actions are in yet?
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Epignosis wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:42 pm Since I am back to work, I have to extend the Night phase just a bit. Night actions are due by 7pm EST and that is when the phase will end.
Epi, when do you expect the lynch post to be?

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

juliets wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:52 pm
Epignosis wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:42 pm Since I am back to work, I have to extend the Night phase just a bit. Night actions are due by 7pm EST and that is when the phase will end.
Epi, when do you expect the lynch post to be?
About 7:10 pm EST.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Thank you Epi! I think I'll nap.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Kites
The Mark
Posts in topic: 89

Post by Kites »

dunya wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:52 pm @Kites - why did you go with luna instead of niju in the end? you mentioned "something fishy" about luna, can you explain what that is? i thought you liked luna's take on your read list when she went after you?
yeah i liked that one single post but the other stuff inmentioned weighd more
i was okay with niju lynch too, kinda 50/50 on it. i posted some thoughts about it too i guess
Kites
The Mark
Posts in topic: 89

Post by Kites »

dunya wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:33 pm i do not feel the most confident in kites based on the timing of his mac vote. he hasn't done a whole lot of tinfoiling on anyone. he seems disengaged and curiosity and genuine game solving are both missing in his posts that we saw in FE.
yeah i haven’t been very invested in this game tbh
in fire emblem i struggled with content too but there was game mechanics, open setup roles and shit i mostly speculated and talked about
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

lol, I just went over to the spectator chat for nutella's game and guess who's there posting? leetic!

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
novaselinenever
Hitman
Posts in topic: 362

Post by novaselinenever »

juliets wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 7:11 pm lol, I just went over to the spectator chat for nutella's game and guess who's there posting? leetic!
LOL
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I honestly don't think it's kosher to talk about the "who is online" names down there. Some people are invisible. Some people can see invisibles. I prefer to avoid bringing any of that up in games.

leetic can be bad for various other reasons though. :grin:
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Donald Fagen and Walter Becker looked at a jar of Vaseline.

And said "No."

novaselinever has been cut.

Aja
Up on the hill, people never stare- they just don’t care

Invite your guest each Night to join you up on the hill, where no one is staring or caring- there’s only Chinese music and banyan trees. While in your care, your target is too relaxed to carry out any Night action but will be protected from any negativity from anyone with murder on his or her mind.

You are a civilian and win when the mafia are dead.

It is now Day 5. You have 24 hours to lynch someone.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

nova hit 3k posts :o

link: :( thank you for protecting me nova
Matahari
Drug Dealer

Post by Matahari »

dunya wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 7:15 pm nova hit 3k posts :o

??? I thought your role didn’t need protecting.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Matahari wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 7:24 pm
dunya wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 7:15 pm nova hit 3k posts :o

??? I thought your role didn’t need protecting.
eh? what do you mean?
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Re: Steely Dan Mafia [Day 5]

Post by juliets »

Dang, I hate to see him go.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

[VOTE: Luna] aubergine

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

[VOTE: Lunalee] aubergine
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

-_-
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

dunya wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 7:26 pm-_-
:haha:

:hug:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Well would you look at that OP.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Matahari
Drug Dealer

Post by Matahari »

[mention]dunya[/mention]
Didn’t you kind of role claim earlier? And you have asked to be killed several times. Maybe I assumed the wrong role for you?
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Lunalee wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:10 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:09 pm
Lunalee wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:08 pm ugh RIP niju. I wonder if anyone on the poll was bad? Niju did look like a good choice (second to leetic).
lol teammates
lol, not.
anyway I was serious about this.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 160

Post by Elohcin »

:( Bye Nova. I am voting luna like I said I would if there was a kill this time.
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Lunalee experience at BTSC Night A: Wonderful. Juliets can choose to share Luna gold indeed, fine. Leetic less gold than Luna.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage

Return to “Previous Side Missions”