Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 273
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Re: MU Season 6 Scrimmage [Day 5]

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

rundontwalk2 wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 2:02 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 1:41 pm
rundontwalk2 wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 1:39 pm On what dragon luffy says like what was impact of dragonmir targeting him
How does that relate to your vote?
I want him to talk probably not leaving vote on him
What do you want to talk about.

I don't know anything about what Dragomir did.

Don't even remember what role he claimed.
rundontwalk2
Posts in topic: 36

Post by rundontwalk2 »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 2:12 pm
rundontwalk2 wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 2:02 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 1:41 pm
rundontwalk2 wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 1:39 pm On what dragon luffy says like what was impact of dragonmir targeting him
How does that relate to your vote?
I want him to talk probably not leaving vote on him
What do you want to talk about.

I don't know anything about what Dragomir did.

Don't even remember what role he claimed.
That's what i was wondering.
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 538
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Dragomir wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 8:03 pm
speedchuck wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 7:52 pm I tried Jailkeeping JJJ last night. It did not stop any kills one way or another.

Also Jailkept Drago on N2. Hope that didn't break anything.
I protected Novas N2. Speed, you said that Owner is playing like how you expect him to play as town. Have you played with him before because she's new to the forum
Spoiler: show
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Now tell me why I should care about this with respect to DDL.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 244

Post by speedchuck »

Makes sense for drago to protect a relative townfirm
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 139
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

rundontwalk2 wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 1:39 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 1:25 pm Right, I mean the "depends on what Dragon says" part though -- or is the entire post about Dragomir :goofp:

rundontwalk2 please come explain your shit
On what dragon luffy says like what was impact of dragonmir targeting him
...what?

I still don't understand why you voted ddl?
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

speedchuck wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 2:31 pm Makes sense for drago to protect a relative townfirm
And easy enough to do so as mafia just for this reason (in case of tracking, which it seemed likely RDW would track dragomir since he stated suspicion of him, or alternatively they are teammates and just playing make believe) while killing another near universal townread :shrug2:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Do speedchuck's posts make sense through the mafioso lens?

I feel that much of the speedchuck suspicion today, to include my own, has come in the form of nuggets. Context can be lost in a dispersion of nuggets, and so I am going to review the body of work. He deserves that much. Much of this will likely be subject to interpretation, so I do hope people will engage me on this material beyond just speedchuck himself. I did basically the same thing in Steely Dan with dunya and the effort went largely ignored. Please don't fecking ignore me.

speedchuck at face value
speedchuck wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 5:56 pm Hmm... we dont have any information to work on yet, so we should probably no lynch d1.
I don't think there's a likely universe in which speedchuck was really trying to push a no lynch on Day 1. So, regardless of his alignment, this was not serious. It's a clever trap to lay down if he is a mafioso. As he suggested himself, traps can catch town too. Given that DDL was the "goat" emerging from this thing, speedchuck's handling of DDL ought to be more telling than the trap itself:

What's with the vote? | DDL's reaction didn't look great | DDL definitely looks worst at first glance | DDL often looks scummy as town | Finger of suspicion

speedchuck's stance was predominantly negative even if he acknowledged the other side. There's some room for the trap to have been about opportunism. It doesn't have to be that way, but there's room.

Much of the relevant Day 1 material otherwise for speedchuck relates to Ultra, which I'll talk about separately.
speedchuck wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 9:50 pm I came into this day planning to go after Owner.

But as it turns out, Jack is scum. So there's that.

I'll try to figure out how to explain why.

linki: You're a lot more bold about this kind of thing than I am, mac

linkilinki both
Jack was a pursuit of speed's on Day 2, and here is a case. The case is not substantial. It relates to Jack's humor and his "playing too casual". This case is weak enough that I question whether it's serious too, like the no lynch thing. :goofp: He followed it with a vote about 13 hours later, so it seems like it was serious. I had been positive about my interactive reads with Jack and speedchuck was open in not acknowledging that. He ended up joining the Soneji wagon in the end while remaining open to the Dragomir wagon too.
speedchuck wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 10:53 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 10:25 am Among the "active" players I think Gemma looks the worst. Replacement be damned. 155 posts and no reads apart from this token set of civilians. I don't really know why those reads exist either.
Not to mention that replacements are often correlated with scumminess for some reason.

And man, replacing out because the person who asked you to join the game died? WTF?
Small point perhaps, but this strikes me as a bit harsh regarding Gemma's replacement request.
speedchuck wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 5:39 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 5:08 pm speedchuck, tell me about your vote.
I've suspected Gemma since late D1. Their playstyle was alien to me, so I didn't depend on that, but around the end of that day I considered Gemma to be a potential Ultra ally. I can't say I remember why.

I probably would have pursued this more D2 had I not been sick.
speedchuck had dropped a vote on Gemma on Day 3, and this was his explanation after my prod. The highlighted portion seems to be an important thing, but on a scan I did not see speedchuck drawing this connection previously. If this associative read existed, it was exclusively in his head. I don't care for this.

As it happens, speedchuck wants that scratched. He said he was thinking of someone else, and that the Gemma suspicion was separate. Okay. :smile: Who was it supposed to be, chuckaroo? Luxurious suggested Owner. Yeh? Neh? :shrug2:
speedchuck wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 6:19 pmBut I don't read ISOs, not lately.

Mm.

Gemma was saying a lot of things without saying anything, and the bird comics only got me so far. Suspicion. Don't remember anything more than that.

Feel Owner is town right now. Owner has a very specific was of scumhunting, and I didn't see it at first, but I've caught glimpses of it now.
In any event, in absence of the Ultra connection this is what remained of speedchuck's suspcion of Gemma. It's where his vote remained.
speedchuck wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 9:15 pm As someone who still hasn't read the whole game and doesn't intend to:

Dragomir - I see why people think he's scum, but it's like he's rolling in it. Could be some culture difference there. Still a moderate suspicion regardless.
Dragon D Luffy - scumread him early game for taking my bait, have cooled off since. Slightly lower than null
JaggedJimmyJay - haven't seen the scum ping yet, and Jay's been putting in work.
Luxurious - talks too much to be scum.
Macdougall - I have seen nothing to make me think Mac is town
nutella - seems like town nutella to me so far
Owner of a Lonely Heart - had a town ping, need to investigate it

M Plus 7 - ???
rundontwalk2 - I think I've seen people say he's posted some but [citation needed]
JessieKruger - ???

My highest suspicions without looking back are Drago, then Mac, then DDL. But that's all subject to change today, as the weekend is over and my other game is gone (and lost horribly).
Day 4 reads list. The town reads at this point were expressed in rather basic terms (myself, Lux, nutella). Eh. I'll note that he dug into one of his ??? as the day wore on (Jessie), so there's some sort of follow-up. The mafia reads aren't especially substantive either -- his top suspect Dragomir is also by the language his top waffle.

speedchuck raises concerns about Jessie -- I think he has to engage in some mental gymnastics here to arrive at a teammate association between Owner and Jessie, by drawing into a theory of the scum chat. He stretched the fabric of theory thin to construct this shade. He was at the bottom of a later rainbow list.

Votes me in response to DDL gripes -- bleh. First on the rainbow to vote. Okay then. He suggested he wanted to see what happens, and that is fine. He made me his second-highest lynch preference though and has remained on the tinfoil wagon through the present. What happened must have been bad. :goofp:

His final vote went to Jessie.
speedchuck wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 10:41 am
MacDougall wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 2:23 am Okay all that stuff makes speedchuck look bad
DrWilgy wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 9:23 am I agree with the case on speed, that does make him look bad.

Has anyone viewd JJJ from a scum lens yet and if so, what were the results of that excersize?
I am straight shocked. This is the towniest D1 I've ever had.

I'll be around to address this day one stuff in the afternoon if you guys want to pull an actual accusation out of it. I have not yet seen one.

JJJ did the Ultra/Speed interactions and said I looked good for those alone. Owner did those SAME interactions and said I looked bad for those alone. I have no idea what you guys are seeing.
A little much. I'll just leave it here, since I've arrived at present-day material. Y'all can see it.

speedchuck and Ultra

My initial impressions were positive. I've already begun re-examination, which I will restate here for a complete compilation:
Ultra wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 7:47 pm This reeks of chainsaw defense.
Someone suggested earlier that "chainsaw defense" refers to attacking someone attacking a teammate. If that's what the damned term means, then in this instance Ultra is calling speed and I teammates. From this point Ultra's handling of each of us go different directions:

Sounds like JJJ has TMI on speed - implication: JJJ bad, speed good
speed is obvscumming - implication: speed bad
JJJ looks opportunistic - implication: JJJ bad
vote JJJ, defended speed too soon - implication: JJJ bad, speed bad
Leaning towards JJJ knowing speed is town - implication: JJJ bad, speed good
if speed is town, JJJ wolfy - conditional implication: JJJ bad, speed good

If a chainsaw defense is this | this | this, then Ultra's progression on speedchuck is essentially randomized on a per-post basis. Ultra views me as evil incarnate in every post, and speedchuck is Schrödinger's cat.

That relates to Ultra's treatment of speedchuck. The inverse:
speedchuck wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:10 am DDL's knee-jerk reaction didn't look great, as someone who knows me. Ultra doesn't look bad for the reaction, though he/she seems a little focused on Nova for some reason when I look at the ISO.
JJJ reacted exactly as expected.

I'll just let everyone know I'm not going to be as active as you crazy devils. I'm in another game and I wasn't a top poster in that one either.
I don't mind speedchuck not griping about Ultra in relationship to the no lynch gag. The "though" caveat is a bit buggy.
speedchuck wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:32 am Went over Ultra's ISO. Got a few town pings from it, as he's finding his place. I think he knows Nova, and the only scummy thing I've found is that he's sorta using that as a crutch? Conversing with Nova, biting at him, trying to drag reads from him.

Nova isn't your wall, buddy. Come out here with the rest of us or I'll scumread you for hiding.
I wish I knew what the "few town pings" were as Ultra was finding his place. Quite vague. I appreciate the specificity of the accusation relating to nova at least. I'd like it more if this post didn't go in both directions at once.
speedchuck wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:07 pm
Gemma wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:03 pm
speedchuck wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:00 pm [VOTE: Ultra] aubergine
did you forget that you were townreading that player
No. Because I'm not.

I have some town pings from them, but I mentioned something scummy as well. If it continues, their need to cling to and buddy Nova will easily outweigh any town cred they have.
It became a vote pretty early in the day. Gemma poked him and this was the answer. If we view this through the mafioso lens, it could be called TMI on nova -- recall that on Day 1, we didn't have quite the same reason to view nova in that light as we did after the Ultra lynch. Expanded
speedchuck wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:33 pm
Ultra wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:29 pm [VOTE: JaggedJimmyJay] aubergine

I don't know speedchuck or his meta or whatever but he town read and defended him far too soon. Also switched his vote to a player who isn't active instead of pursuing DDL
Do you believe that JJJ was defending a teammate, or that he knows I'm town because he's not?
speedchuck wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:20 pm
Ultra wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:19 pm
novaselinenever wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 4:39 am The whole no lynch thing is hilarious, and I'm more intrigued by DDL jumping on Speed than the latter making that claim. I took it as him messing around, 'cause I don't believe for a second that he's serious about it.

I can't say I'm a fan of you calling out the vote on DDL, nor throwing around fancy words like "chainsaw defense". Feels like over-compensating :grin:
If that was a bait post it's a pretty bad one. A player with low presence makes a very bad suggestion and then leaves. I can't reflexively blame someone for voting for that. I will blame a player for jumping on that player without explanation.
I thought it was pretty good. It might have worked even.
This was the extent of speed's direct interaction with Ultra from that point. It exists. :shrug2:

~~~~~~~~~~

Conclusion

My concerns are primarily focused in these areas:

~ Ultra's treatment of speedchuck was a see-saw
~ Even now I don't really follow speedchuck's Day 2 beefs with Jack
~ The points he raised against Jessie required some reaching
~ His suspicion of me seems almost obligatory

There's a case that can be made, and it's not one that I feel requires a great deal of mental gymnastics or special effort to compile. It's out there. Refer as well to Owner's gripes, which she presented in a series of posts starting around that link. This is something I want to hear from y'all on, not only speedchuck himself. These huge ISOs become considerably more taxing on a thread when they turn into nothing but a back-and-forth of mega posts. Engage, gang.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

speedchuck wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 2:31 pm Makes sense for drago to protect a relative townfirm
I at least appreciate that he'd protect the guy he'd previously been hounding, from the standpoint of a hero's gradual progression to greater wisdom. :noble:

It's a small thing. I award 2 points.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Speed is saying a lot of reasonable things lately I guess. But the way he chooses his votes and cases still feels weird.

I liked the post about easy mode and hard mode, I think a civ would be more motivated to try to shake things up than a baddie. But then he went and made no vote to follow that up. If we are stuck in easy mode he isn't making much effort to help us leave it. He's voting Wilgy the Replacement which isn't very impressive.
Dragomir
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 249

Post by Dragomir »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 2:43 pm
I at least appreciate that he'd protect the guy he'd previously been hounding, from the standpoint of a hero's gradual progression to greater wisdom. :noble:

It's a small thing. I award 2 points.
:slick:
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 2:41 pm
speedchuck had dropped a vote on Gemma on Day 3, and this was his explanation after my prod. The highlighted portion seems to be an important thing, but on a scan I did not see speedchuck drawing this connection previously. If this associative read existed, it was exclusively in his head. I don't care for this.

As it happens, speedchuck wants that scratched. He said he was thinking of someone else, and that the Gemma suspicion was separate. Okay. :smile: Who was it supposed to be, chuckaroo? Luxurious suggested Owner. Yeh? Neh? :shrug2:

Mm.

Gemma was saying a lot of things without saying anything, and the bird comics only got me so far. Suspicion. Don't remember anything more than that.

Feel Owner is town right now. Owner has a very specific was of scumhunting, and I didn't see it at first, but I've caught glimpses of it now.
In any event, in absence of the Ultra connection this is what remained of speedchuck's suspcion of Gemma. It's where his vote remained.
this is the most fascinating part of your findings imo. could be an attempt to draw a seemingly nonexistent connection between a teammate and an easy mislynch target.

I'm also not impressed by his nonchalant joining of the d2 soneji wagon when he clearly suspected jack more, and saying he was also "okay with a dragomir lynch" is patently unnecessary.

I liked the bit about the d4 reads as well, as I've pointed out earlier his "top scumreads" were big ol' nothings and particularly dragomir was in your words his "top waffle" lol. I been sayin. :meany:
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 3:00 pm Speed is saying a lot of reasonable things lately I guess. But the way he chooses his votes and cases still feels weird.

I liked the post about easy mode and hard mode, I think a civ would be more motivated to try to shake things up than a baddie. But then he went and made no vote to follow that up. If we are stuck in easy mode he isn't making much effort to help us leave it. He's voting Wilgy the Replacement which isn't very impressive.
It was meant to open up discussion. Not for me to say "We're in hard mode boys" and then throw a vote on nutella and be like "I solved it because I am so good I can beat hard mode."
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

nutella wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 3:23 pm I liked the bit about the d4 reads as well, as I've pointed out earlier his "top scumreads" were big ol' nothings and particularly dragomir was in your words his "top waffle" lol. I been sayin. :meany:
I gave reasonable context for that post. Bringing it up repeatedly is pissing me off.

It's like I'm not allowed to be transparent and throw thoughts in the thread before running off and catching up on my read, because the thoughts aren't strong enough. That's crap.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

it's not merely the fact that you threw weak reads out in isolation though, it's with the context of which players they were and what your reasons were and your relation to dragomir over the course of the game. Believe me, I understand throwing out weak reads, but I think you're missing the point of why I found that post particularly suspicious.

Now address the new points :p
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

nutella wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 3:37 pm Now address the new points :p
... new points? You can ask me questions if you found something confusing, but I'm not going to hit that giant iso and start a bunch of disputes
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

I'm not really feeling the Speed lynch. Like the reasons are valid but it's not strong, and I don't like how it already has 3 votes.

At this point we should expect some strong resistance to baddie lynches from the baddies themselves. The Speed lynch feels like a low resistance one.

[VOTE: JJJ] aubergine

I'm only playing on hard mode now.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

I'm getting the same vibes here I got from the Gemma lynch. It's alright. But "alright" has only gotten us civ lynches so far.

We need crazy.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

speedchuck wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 3:50 pm
nutella wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 3:37 pm Now address the new points :p
... new points? You can ask me questions if you found something confusing, but I'm not going to hit that giant iso and start a bunch of disputes
Like the first thing I addressed in the same post you just quoted? You have elected to ignore that
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

speedchuck wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 3:30 pm I gave reasonable context for that post. Bringing it up repeatedly is pissing me off.
Please show me the reasonable context, or what you mean by that.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

[mention]speedchuck[/mention], it'd be good to know who you were referring to when you connected Gemma to Ultra but said you'd had someone else in mind instead.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 37

Post by DrWilgy »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 1:27 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 11:56 am
DrWilgy wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 9:26 am I suppose I should out what has me hung up.

Why is JJJ still alive after Ultra's day 1 vote. That doesn't make sense.
Tell me why Ultra voting for me means that I should be dead. What relationship exists between those two notions?
@DrWilgy words please
Because a Scum voted for you. Scum will more often vote for town than their team making you (if even slightly) towny from a voting/voting target perspective

Scum who do vote for town and then are revealed are loose ends to be nk'd. It's about the scum's objective to limiting available information... Unless it was a bus.
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

DrWilgy wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 4:15 pm Because a Scum voted for you. Scum will more often vote for town than their team making you (if even slightly) towny from a voting/voting target perspective

Scum who do vote for town and then are revealed are loose ends to be nk'd. It's about the scum's objective to limiting available information... Unless it was a bus.
1) This is a considerable reach to create a scenario where I "should be dead" without respect to the rest of the game thread and my part in it. There is no objective "information" to be had from one mafioso leaving a vote on me. As we've seen, that hasn't stopped me from fielding suspicion -- and I've been dealing with at least a fair amount of it throughout the game.

2) The mafia might have tried to kill me on N1 anyway.

The whole "Jay should be dead" thing is bunk. My being alive right now is very ordinary shit.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 4:07 pmLike the reasons are valid but it's not strong
Is there a case in this game right now that you would call "strong"?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 4:22 pm
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 4:07 pmLike the reasons are valid but it's not strong
Other than the fact I can feel your baddiness in my bones, no.

That's the thng though, we are all resigned to making easy cases and it's making us lose. And right now, with 6v3, it's SUPER easy for the mafia to nudge the poll in a way that makes them keep winning.

This isn't a poll where eveyone talking peacefully and following the obvious path will make us win. We need a revolution.

Speed is not a revolution. He has 3 votes on him. Last I checked I'm the only one defending him. He's the ultimate "meh" in this game. My instincts are crying "mislynch".
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

I wanna lynch either Jay or RDW.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

nutella wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 3:37 pm it's not merely the fact that you threw weak reads out in isolation though, it's with the context of which players they were and what your reasons were and your relation to dragomir over the course of the game. Believe me, I understand throwing out weak reads, but I think you're missing the point of why I found that post particularly suspicious.

:shrug: I see nothing there. You're throwing out buzzwords like "which players" and "your relation to dragomir" and I'm like... okay. So? What's scummy?
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 4:25 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 4:22 pm
Other than the fact I can feel your baddiness in my bones, no.

That's the thng though, we are all resigned to making easy cases and it's making us lose. And right now, with 6v3, it's SUPER easy for the mafia to nudge the poll in a way that makes them keep winning.

This isn't a poll where eveyone talking peacefully and following the obvious path will make us win. We need a revolution.

Speed is not a revolution. He has 3 votes on him. Last I checked I'm the only one defending him. He's the ultimate "meh" in this game. My instincts are crying "mislynch".
I don't think speedchuck is the "obvious path". That's why I felt a five-thousand word essay was necessary to talk about him. It isn't difficult to see his play through the civilian lens.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 4:26 pm I wanna lynch either Jay or RDW.
What makes you hate RDW so much right now?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

We need to crack the game open today. If we don't, we are probably not going to do it on 4v3. That ratio is hell because it takes all 4 townies to get to a consensus, and mafia doesn't have to worry about appearances so they can quick hammer the poll.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 4:29 pm
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 4:26 pm I wanna lynch either Jay or RDW.
He doesn't seem like he wants to play the game at all so it's more of a policy lynch. It's Day 5 and he has given me fewer reasons to read him as a civ than everyone else, including you and both replacements. I mean, if we have 3 baddies, the chances he is one of them are considerable, even if we are in a scenario with deepwolves.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 4:30 pm
He doesn't seem like he wants to play the game at all so it's more of a policy lynch. It's Day 5 and he has given me fewer reasons to read him as a civ than everyone else, including you and both replacements. I mean, if we have 3 baddies, the chances he is one of them are considerable, even if we are in a scenario with deepwolves.
What do you like about Wilgy?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 4:14 pm
speedchuck wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 3:30 pm I gave reasonable context for that post. Bringing it up repeatedly is pissing me off.
Please show me the reasonable context, or what you mean by that.
speedchuck wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 10:27 am
nutella wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 1:36 am Then today there's this post which I already called out for pinging me six ways to sunday
speedchuck wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 9:15 pm As someone who still hasn't read the whole game and doesn't intend to:

Dragomir - I see why people think he's scum, but it's like he's rolling in it. Could be some culture difference there. Still a moderate suspicion regardless.
Dragon D Luffy - scumread him early game for taking my bait, have cooled off since. Slightly lower than null
JaggedJimmyJay - haven't seen the scum ping yet, and Jay's been putting in work.
Luxurious - talks too much to be scum.
Macdougall - I have seen nothing to make me think Mac is town
nutella - seems like town nutella to me so far
Owner of a Lonely Heart - had a town ping, need to investigate it

M Plus 7 - ???
rundontwalk2 - I think I've seen people say he's posted some but [citation needed]
JessieKruger - ???

My highest suspicions without looking back are Drago, then Mac, then DDL. But that's all subject to change today, as the weekend is over and my other game is gone (and lost horribly).
Like... all of his scumreads are extremely weak. There's no heart in it. He tosses up a player list with some mostly hedgey statements, and the three names he calls his "highest suspicions" at the end barely sound like that at all. I don't believe he believes any of this.
Turns out when you leave a game for three days after your biggest scumreads all died off, you have weak reads. Saying I have weak scumreads when I ended my post with 'subject to change, I haven't read anything for crap' is taking my honesty and trying to turn it into fakeness and deception.
That.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 4:15 pm speedchuck, it'd be good to know who you were referring to when you connected Gemma to Ultra but said you'd had someone else in mind instead.
Owner.
Owner of a Lonely Heart wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:53 pm
novaselinenever wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:14 pm I dig your Ultra stuff, Speed. I can see a baddie Ultra using me as a compass to navigate through early game. His prod for reads kind of felt iffy to me, like I was getting a vibe that he actually cared what those were lol.
Not sure if I care for this post too much.

If Nova is bad, Ultra would not be with him.

lf Nova is good, that doesn't necessarily confirm or deny Ultra's alignment.
This post weirded me out at the time. I never did much with it.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 4:31 pm
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 4:30 pm
What do you like about Wilgy?
Some of the stuff he's said are BS but they feel BS in a way an uninformed player would think.

He's doing work. He gives a shit. He seems like game solving.

All the stuff he's doing are easy to fake but that's still better than RDW.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Here I am, the crazy old dude trying to make people lynch Jay. The passerbies are ignoring me. Every once in a while someone drops a coin on my lap in hopes it will make me shut up.

Suddenoly Wilgy shows up from nowhere and decides to lynch Jay with me on the grounds of NKA.

Does mafia do that? Why not settling for Dragomir, or RDW, or Speed instead? He can just kill Jay next night.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 316

Post by MacDougall »

Good morning motherlickers. Let's do gth.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

MacDougall wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 4:36 pm Good morning motherlickers. Let's do gth.
Hit me up.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 4:36 pm Here I am, the crazy old dude trying to make people lynch Jay. The passerbies are ignoring me. Every once in a while someone drops a coin on my lap in hopes it will make me shut up.

Suddenoly Wilgy shows up from nowhere and decides to lynch Jay with me on the grounds of NKA.

Does mafia do that? Why not settling for Dragomir, or RDW, or Speed instead? He can just kill Jay next night.
Have you played with Wilgy before?

If Jay is a civ and Wilgy is Mafia it makes perfect sense.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

speedchuck wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 4:27 pm
nutella wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 3:37 pm it's not merely the fact that you threw weak reads out in isolation though, it's with the context of which players they were and what your reasons were and your relation to dragomir over the course of the game. Believe me, I understand throwing out weak reads, but I think you're missing the point of why I found that post particularly suspicious.

:shrug: I see nothing there. You're throwing out buzzwords like "which players" and "your relation to dragomir" and I'm like... okay. So? What's scummy?
:facepalm: not that post omg. the one I originally posted quoting a part of Jay's post that was a new observation re: you/ultra/gemma. Please for the love of god stop just reading selectively and acknowledge what is actually being said about you
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

I can do GTH

Gimme a time to start, I'm cleaning my house
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

nutella wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 3:23 pm

Mm.

this is the most fascinating part of your findings imo. could be an attempt to draw a seemingly nonexistent connection between a teammate and an easy mislynch target.

I'm also not impressed by his nonchalant joining of the d2 soneji wagon when he clearly suspected jack more, and saying he was also "okay with a dragomir lynch" is patently unnecessary.

I liked the bit about the d4 reads as well, as I've pointed out earlier his "top scumreads" were big ol' nothings and particularly dragomir was in your words his "top waffle" lol. I been sayin. :meany:
[mention]speedchuck[/mention] since you needed some help
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

MacDougall wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 4:38 pm
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 4:36 pm Here I am, the crazy old dude trying to make people lynch Jay. The passerbies are ignoring me. Every once in a while someone drops a coin on my lap in hopes it will make me shut up.

Have you played with Wilgy before?

If Jay is a civ and Wilgy is Mafia it makes perfect sense.
I have but my knowledge of WIlgy is limited, on the grounds that he flaked almost every game he played with me.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

nutella wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 4:38 pm
speedchuck wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 4:27 pm

:facepalm: not that post omg. the one I originally posted quoting a part of Jay's post that was a new observation re: you/ultra/gemma. Please for the love of god stop just reading selectively and acknowledge what is actually being said about you
Some people have freaking lives, nutella. I've been responding to you for half the game, and I often skim posts as they get made. I responded to the post you sent me to just now. Don't get pissy with me.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

It's a fair enough question.

I do think though that I am officially lynch bait at this point, and if Wilgy is teamed with any of those people then the question isn't so simple.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

MacDougall wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 4:36 pm Good morning motherlickers. Let's do gth.
Sure. Let's make it quick though so this doesn't bleed to close into the EOD space.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 4:39 pm

It's a fair enough question.

I do think though that I am officially lynch bait at this point, and if Wilgy is teamed with any of those people then the question isn't so simple.
How do you feel about making RDW's role die?
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Maybe wait till the GTH to answer.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

nutella wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 4:39 pm
nutella wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 3:23 pm

Mm.

speedchuck since you needed some help
Ah, okay.

I don't conflate reads as scum. I don't lynch people over crap then say "aw, shucks, I was thinking of someone else". That's not my scumplay. Nor is it my townplay, really, but that's beside the point. I wasn't faking conflating two reads (Owner and Gemma) then hoping nobody would notice when my vote stayed put. That's ridiculous.

I assume that's what the accusation is.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Can I get a head count? Nutella and speedchuck it says you are reading?

Linki: yup
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 4:41 pm How do you feel about making RDW's role die?
I don't get the question. I don't care about RDW's role.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”