[Game Over] Better Off Ted

Moderator: Community Team

Whose feelings are hurt by Long Con's accusations?

Poll ended at Mon May 27, 2019 6:02 pm

birdwithteeth11
No votes
indiglo
No votes
juliets
No votes
MacDougall
No votes
Matahari
No votes
nutella
64%
Rej
No votes
sabie12
9%
No Lynch
No votes
The Syphilitic Conquistadors (Host/Non/Dead)
27%

Total votes: 11
Dragomir
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 116

Re: [Day 1] Better Off Ted

Post by Dragomir »

Creature wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 6:02 pm MacDougall, sabie12, Sokoth, maybe indiglo if we decide to follow Epi.

Am fine doing any of these.
A pretty big salad here. I'm surprised nobody called him out for it, at least from what I've read, since salads are an apparent scum tell in this forum.

I'll fully read the thread when I wake up.
Dragomir
Money Launderer

Post by Dragomir »

nutella wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 2:17 am
Dragomir wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 2:16 am
birdwithteeth11 wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 7:32 pm
Creature wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 7:28 pm Is the thread supposed to be open?
It is. Discussion is allowed to occur here at night.
Oh shit, didn't even know. I thought it was the DP. How come there was no night talk in the Scrimmage though?
Because the point of the scrimmage was to follow the rules of the championship as closely as possible lol.

Most games here allow night chat.
Interesting. Pretty big advantage for town to still allow town to hunt scums thoroughly and call them out and the latter faction never gets a break.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 146
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

Dragomir wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 2:22 am
Creature wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 6:02 pm MacDougall, sabie12, Sokoth, maybe indiglo if we decide to follow Epi.

A pretty big salad here. I'm surprised nobody called him out for it, at least from what I've read, since salads are an apparent scum tell in this forum.

indeed, good catch. I will have to reread how that EOD went down to decide how I feel about creature. I don't know much about him as a player so I may have initially given him a bit too much credit just for high volume of participation. I think something fishy might have gone down with the counterwagons at the end there but again I'll have to reread to figure out what the dynamics were.
to the spoiler go the victories:
Spoiler: show
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Dragomir wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 2:24 am
Oh shit, didn't even know. I thought it was the DP. How come there was no night talk in the Scrimmage though?
Because the point of the scrimmage was to follow the rules of the championship as closely as possible lol.

Interesting. Pretty big advantage for town to still allow town to hunt scums thoroughly and call them out and the latter faction never gets a break.
I actually think that closed NPs are more an advantage to scum than open NPs are an advantage for town. Scum can still participate in night discussion and influence everything happening in the thread, whereas it's the only resource town would have at night. I strongly believe that the locked NP rule is part of why the championship games have been such scumsweeps so far (tbf I've stopped following them and am not sure if that's still happening beyond games 1 and 2) and it was also a pretty significant factor in scum winning the scrimmage.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Dragomir
Money Launderer

Post by Dragomir »

nutella wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 2:24 am

indeed, good catch. I will have to reread how that EOD went down to decide how I feel about creature. I don't know much about him as a player so I may have initially given him a bit too much credit just for high volume of participation. I think something fishy might have gone down with the counterwagons at the end there but again I'll have to reread to figure out what the dynamics were.
Or how about this tinfoil? You're scum buddies with him so you ignored it on purpose?(I'm not being serious with this). Though you might be if you're not gonna pay much attention to a player because they're posting a lot. Pretty lame excuse.

But I can believe that you just genuinely missed that as you did state that you were busy in an earlier post but we'll see. Though, I still don't like that excuse.
Dragomir
Money Launderer

Post by Dragomir »

nutella wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 2:27 am

I actually think that closed NPs are more an advantage to scum than open NPs are an advantage for town. Scum can still participate in night discussion and influence everything happening in the thread, whereas it's the only resource town would have at night. I strongly believe that the locked NP rule is part of why the championship games have been such scumsweeps so far (tbf I've stopped following them and am not sure if that's still happening beyond games 1 and 2) and it was also a pretty significant factor in scum winning the scrimmage.
Wait so this kinda supports my point that open NPs are an advantage for town?
Dragomir
Money Launderer

Post by Dragomir »

nutella wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 11:54 pm lololololol

drago town
Why?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 152

Post by MacDougall »

I called Creature out by voting for the bastard.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Dragomir wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 2:31 am
nutella wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 2:27 am

Wait so this kinda supports my point that open NPs are an advantage for town?
Well as I said I don't think it's as strong, and since it's the norm here it is by default/subconsciously taken into account for balancing games I guess. We still get plenty of scum victories with it. Maybe someone could look into the data of this more generally (though comparing to other sites introduces other factors, but we have had a handful of closed NP games on this site and idk what their town/scum win ratios are vs the open np ones)
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Dragomir wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 2:34 am

drago town
Why?
Your being oblivious that the phase had ended. I guess that's kind of angleshooting though?
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Dragomir
Money Launderer

Post by Dragomir »

nutella wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 2:38 am
Dragomir wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 2:34 am

drago town
Why?
Your being oblivious that the phase had ended. I guess that's kind of angleshooting though?
I hardly find that reason to be AI. A scum can easily be oblivious to the phase ending.

Pretty unearned town read don't you think? What do you think about my tinfoil?

I hardly even know what constitutes as angleshooting anymore as I keep finding out more and more so I don't know.
Dragomir
Money Launderer

Post by Dragomir »

MacDougall wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 2:36 am

I called Creature out by voting for the bastard.
Not really how it works but ok.
Dragomir
Money Launderer

Post by Dragomir »

[mention]Oreki[/mention]getcho yo ass over here.
Dragomir
Money Launderer

Post by Dragomir »

Why is the subject still Day 1 instead of Night 1?
Dragomir
Money Launderer

Post by Dragomir »

Why is the subject still Day 1 instead of Night 1?
Oreki
Posts in topic: 34

Post by Oreki »

Dragomir wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 9:30 am @Orekigetcho yo ass over here.
Thanks for the tag, I'll read the DP first
Oreki

Post by Oreki »

I'm not finished with reading yet but looking at the thread, [mention]birdwithteeth11[/mention] comes off quite aggressively and his behavior not really feel like town behavior, it's more comes off as a wolf for me. They way he ask players or point out thinks Kinda coming forcefully. I will read the entire thread and will provide my reads on my suspect along with birdwith.
Dragomir
Money Launderer

Post by Dragomir »

Rej wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 1:04 pm
juliets wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 12:44 pm
Rej wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 12:14 pm
juliets wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 11:59 am Isn't Mac just listing the people who got assessed a vote for not voting correctly? I didn't take his post seriously.

Meanwhile we have to vote for someone today and it's going to be hard if people aren't posting content. So far nobody has said anything I can make a read off of yet. Does anyone have anything they think looks suspicious?

Today is my birthday by the way and I'm in another game too so I will be in and out.
Happy birthday!
I am suspicious of this Mac guy for now, because of the way he entered this day phase. He either knows something or he plays with us. I see it as a not wisemove to list yourself as town, that way he might approach us to trust him, but the nr 1 rule is not to trust anyone. I would vote off someone like him, so I expect him to tell us why he lists himself as town and this while we have no information.
Thanks Rej!

I've given my opinion about why Mac names those names so it's probably best if others tell you what they see (it would be best if Mac explained himself but he is in a time zone where he is asleep during our daylight hours and probably will not get here until late this afternoon). I will also say that a lot of times when I see people give a list of who they think is good they include themselves, which makes no sense to me but I wanted to alert you that happens regularly on this site. Anyway, hopefully others will arrive soon and we can continue this discussion and get other discussions going as well.

linki
thanks Juliet, I didn't knew people do it, for me it's an obvious thing that you should keep for yourself because with my current expertise such statements can cause a distraction (like now for me lol). doesn't change the fact that mac claims them all to be town (those guys with an extra vote on them). As noone spills information about it, we gotta have to test our luck this DP, I will be online for 3 more hours from now on. Hope something happens where I can investigate my reads into.
"Such statements can cause distraction" lmao Rej what is. Since when has someone saying that they're town ever cause a distraction. I have done it multiple times and it has never caused a distraction nor has anybody including yourself ever paid attention to it.

I don't know why you're making a trivial read over this but you know better. Are you trying to fake some scum hunting with this nitpick Rej?
Dragomir
Money Launderer

Post by Dragomir »

Kylemii wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 5:13 pm my reasoning is that he seems anxious, he made posts about how there's been nothing going on and how it's bothered him but hasn't made much personal effort to stir discussion up himself. he's made offhand comments but no running comments until basically an hour ago. that's not to say he's the only one in that boat but he sticks out to me because of that/ it seems disingenuous.
Good post here, y'all should have lynched Creature.
Dragomir
Money Launderer

Post by Dragomir »

SokothQultuq wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 5:25 pm Kylemii's - Thank you for that information. Buy why not come out with that from the get go? Why did it have to be coaxed out of you? Shouldn't you open with that instead of just dropping a random vote and an obscure note?
Why is it such a bid deal for you over how he presented his read on Creature? Is this some indirect worry and defense to your scum buddy? Though you did vote Creature up later on so hmm.
Oreki

Post by Oreki »

Dragomir wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 9:52 am
SokothQultuq wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 5:25 pm Kylemii's - Thank you for that information. Buy why not come out with that from the get go? Why did it have to be coaxed out of you? Shouldn't you open with that instead of just dropping a random vote and an obscure note?
Why is it such a bid deal for you over how he presented his read on Creature? Is this some indirect worry and defense to your scum buddy? Though you did vote Creature up later on so hmm.
I think It should be better if we talk during DP, players seems to be offline right now
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 47
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Great catch on that Player Salad from Creature. Huge black mark on his record for that.
Creature
Made Man
Posts in topic: 114

Post by Creature »

That's not a mafia tell.

Nice try, though.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Creature wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 10:14 am That's not a mafia tell.

Nice try, though.
I've seen it work enough times to want to find out. :feb:
Dragomir
Money Launderer

Post by Dragomir »

Oreki wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 10:00 am
I think It should be better if we talk during DP, players seems to be offline right now
Whatever phase it is doesn't make any difference. Ppl can still come on and start talking. I don't know why you're trying shut down discussion here.
Dragomir
Money Launderer

Post by Dragomir »

Nice try, though.
Naw fam, it's worked several times on this forum. So it's legit.
Oreki

Post by Oreki »

Dragomir wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 10:51 am
Whatever phase it is doesn't make any difference. Ppl can still come on and start talking. I don't know why you're trying shut down discussion here.
Cuz no one seems to be online and you know that I haven't played any game before where you also can talk in the Night phase
Oreki

Post by Oreki »

Nice try, though.
If it's not mafia tell, you could at least counter his argument. But just telling it's not mafia read, doesn't give any type of defense or proof
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Dragomir wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 10:52 am

Nice try, though.
It's not just a fun party trick either. It displays the mindset of a mafia member who wants to cast aspersion on several targets at once - casting a wide (but not too wide!) net to see what catches on. "A, B, C, and maybe D" is the recognized standard construction of a Player Salad tell. I believe that classically, one of the mentioned players is the Salad-maker's teammate. We shall see.
Dragomir
Money Launderer

Post by Dragomir »

Oreki wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 10:54 am
Dragomir wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 10:51 am
Cuz no one seems to be online and you know that I haven't played any game before where you also can talk in the Night phase
That changes nothing. This is my first game with night talk as well but I'm still active and producing. Just to take it as a day phase where you can't lynch.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Usually nights are a bit quieter than days here, but people still use them to hash out ideas and suspicions.
Rej
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 99

Post by Rej »

Gosh Drago are you acting so tardy because you are scum? I know this kind of ego of yours, you used it when we swiped town in Novas One Piece game.
First of all Drago I wanted to relax on you, and I wanted to be genuinly cooperative.

So, did you see me going overly agressive against Mac? No, I just brought up a topic and if you have read the other pages, then you see that other people also had similair reads. I think there was nothing off of my play there, nor did I slip, FOS, WIFOM or fluff in any way. I wasn't stealthy and I have nothing to hide, while being in a new enviroment. I am genuine.

But let's go back to you and compare you to me:
Last minute jump, nitpicks on me, while for 100% sure you haven't cought up with the whole thread. That is absolutely unprofessional and clumsy and this should lower the credibility of any argumentation of yours against me.

Tbh I even didn't do anything great...to summarize:
- a bit of gamesolving
- pointing out a case/questioning a person
- some game related quotebacks

Sry for being new, but heck what's going on with you, the way you approach me (even before the game started) was so scummy. So either you wanna test me or you rly push against me because you know I am not scum and probably "newish". As one of my mentors it is not clever to waste energy and your own authenticity to just instajump on me. If this has been your plan all along, then thank you for training me.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________///

So one town is down it's not a dilemma but I think real scum can be read through the pushes at the end of D1, at this point I rly NEEEEED to reread it multiple times because that way I get to know you guys better. (Note: I just came back from work, went sleep -> work, just to justify my 16 hr absence)
ImageImageImageImage
Rej
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Rej »

Gosh Drago are you acting so tardy because you are scum? I know this kind of ego of yours, you used it when we swiped town in Novas One Piece game.
First of all Drago I wanted to relax on you, and I wanted to be genuinly cooperative.

So, did you see me going overly agressive against Mac? No, I just brought up a topic and if you have read the other pages, then you see that other people also had similair reads. I think there was nothing off of my play there, nor did I slip, FOS, WIFOM or fluff in any way. I wasn't stealthy and I have nothing to hide, while being in a new enviroment. I am genuine.

Last minute jump, nitpicks on me, while for 100% sure you haven't cought up with the whole thread. That is absolutely unprofessional and clumsy and this should lower the credibility of any argumentation of yours against me.

- a bit of gamesolving

Sry for being new, but heck what's going on with you, the way you approach me (even before the game started) was so scummy. So either you wanna test me or you rly push against me because you know I am not scum and probably "newish". As one of my mentors it is not clever to waste energy and your own authenticity to just instajump on me. If this has been your plan all along, then thank you for training me.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________///

So one town is down it's not a dilemma but I think real scum can be read through the pushes at the end of D1, at this point I rly NEEEEED to reread it multiple times because that way I get to know you guys better. (Note: I just came back from work, went sleep -> work, just to justify my 16 hr absence)
ImageImageImageImage
Dragomir
Money Launderer

Post by Dragomir »

Long Con wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 10:57 am

Nice try, though.
It's not just a fun party trick either. It displays the mindset of a mafia member who wants to cast aspersion on several targets at once - casting a wide (but not too wide!) net to see what catches on. "A, B, C, and maybe D" is the recognized standard construction of a Player Salad tell. I believe that classically, one of the mentioned players is the Salad-maker's teammate. We shall see.
The way I view it is that a mafia trying to keep their options open to jump on a possible mislynch that could form without having to do much pushing or tunneling. Of course they'd put a buddy who is being incriminated in the DP in that list, but that's just for distancing.

I've actually done it myself a lot of times as mafia thinking about it now.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Dragomir wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 11:05 am

Nice try, though.
The way I view it is that a mafia trying to keep their options open to jump on a possible mislynch that could form without having to do much pushing or tunneling. Of course they'd put a buddy who is being incriminated in the DP in that list, but that's just for distancing.

:srsnod: And Creature being so hasty to dismiss it isn't a good look either.
Dragomir
Money Launderer

Post by Dragomir »

Rej wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 11:03 am Gosh Drago are you acting so tardy because you are scum? I know this kind of ego of yours, you used it when we swiped town in Novas One Piece game.

- a bit of gamesolving

Are you purposely trying to ignore what I'm coming at you for?

I don't care about FoS, ego, aggressiveness fluff, WIFOM none of that shit. You were coming at Mac for something that was trivial and you've seen others do before but never done anything like this. You know damn well him calling himself town is not a big deal but you were trying to make it seem like it was. Only like one person shared a similar read.

You think I give a shit of whatever "last minute" jump I did? I didn't even know the DP ended, I just saw your posts and had to comment in it. By any means it does not lower my credibility in my argument.

Rej, I just love how you try justifying your play as townish completely ignoring the entire point of my questioning against you. You straight dodged when I hit you with and tried talking about stuff that don't even matter. You gotta do better.

Don't even try to act like you being a new player to the forum has anything to even do in this conversation. You know damn well it ain't.
Rej
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Rej »

Dragomir wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 11:14 am
Rej wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 11:03 am Gosh Drago are you acting so tardy because you are scum? I know this kind of ego of yours, you used it when we swiped town in Novas One Piece game.

- a bit of gamesolving

I don't care about FoS, ego, aggressiveness fluff, WIFOM none of that shit. You were coming at Mac for something that was trivial and you've seen others do before but never done anything like this. You know damn well him calling himself town is not a big deal but you were trying to make it seem like it was. Only like one person shared a similar read.

You think I give a shit of whatever "last minute" jump I did? I didn't even know the DP ended, I just saw your posts and had to comment in it. By any means it does not lower my credibility in my argument.

Rej, I just love how you try justifying your play as townish completely ignoring the entire point of my questioning against you. You straight dodged when I hit you with and tried talking about stuff that don't even matter. You gotta do better.

Don't even try to act like you being a new player to the forum has anything to even do in this conversation. You know damn well it ain't.
PEPE
You pick on something that has already been resolved, Juliet hinted to me that people use to do it on this forums, another guy said it's ok because of lie detectors. It's all reasonable. It's similair to I/G and how it's purpose is completely unrelevant. Tbh I evolve I rly dislike how certain stuff is done.
That guy literally entered, townclaimed not only himself, but also the others. This fact was involved in my casemaking. He then left off and we almost never came back to that topic. And you tell me you don't find it sus?

I tell you why your move was bad from my perspective: You make a case on another case, you nitpick me but don't make a parallelcase on Mac? Cmon dude a mafiaplayer can do better. Why are you tunneling on me just because I do something new? You know for yourself that I try out new things and new approaches every game, I even told it to you when we chatted after I left the Hogwarts game. You Sir, what you are doing is obviously tunneling and you protect Mac. And that right now is not professional. BEHAVE SON!
ImageImageImageImage
Oreki

Post by Oreki »

Long Con wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 11:05 am

Nice try, though.

You're way too much passive here, I mean honestly, you keep agreeing with Drago. I'm new I don't know how you start your game but that passiveness is not really townies at all
Dragomir
Money Launderer

Post by Dragomir »

Rej wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 11:24 am

- a bit of gamesolving

PEPE
You pick on something that has already been resolved, Juliet hinted to me that people use to do it on this forums, another guy said it's ok because of lie detectors. It's all reasonable. It's similair to I/G and how it's purpose is completely unrelevant. Tbh I evolve I rly dislike how certain stuff is done.
That guy literally entered, townclaimed not only himself, but also the others. This fact was involved in my casemaking. He then left off and we almost never came back to that topic. And you tell me you don't find it sus?

I tell you why your move was bad from my perspective: You make a case on another case, you nitpick me but don't make a parallelcase on Mac? Cmon dude a mafiaplayer can do better. Why are you tunneling on me just because I do something new? You know for yourself that I try out new things and new approaches every game, I even told it to you when we chatted after I left the Hogwarts game. You Sir, what you are doing is obviously tunneling and you protect Mac. And that right now is not professional. BEHAVE SON!
Already been resolved doesn't change how bad it was. The meta or reasoning for what Mac did is irrelevant to what I'm talking about. Yes, it's similar to I/G so you know him saying I am town means nothing so why in Jesus were you trying to make it a big deal.

Nope. Nothing wrong with that. I've seen worse on OJ not being called out for so why is this even a bid deal. I do not care about how bad you're finding my case against you was. That is absolutely irrelevant to my entire. I just want you to explain to me why you're making a big deal out of something trivial especial when I've done shit like that as town and you never questioned it. You keep dodging actually addressing this point and defending yourself properly. All of this is irrelevant as fuck and just stalling. I don't know why the hell I should be making a parallel case on Mac when I'm coming at you for how you're coming at him. That makes no damn sense.

So what Rej? I don't care if I'm chainsaw defending Mac. All I want you to do is address my original. All this is meaningless and just a bunch of whatever. It's so irrelevant to what I want to get across. You want to call my play unprofessional when you're literally hopping, ducking, and dodging my actually point and trying to talk about something irrelevant.
Dragomir
Money Launderer

Post by Dragomir »

Oreki wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 11:31 am

Nice try, though.

You're way too much passive here, I mean honestly, you keep agreeing with Drago. I'm new I don't know how you start your game but that passiveness is not really townies at all
Allow me to correct your grammar here. You're way too much passive here. Much doesn't make sense in this sentence. It's just "you're way too passive here."

passiveness is not really townies at all. It should be singular, not plural.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Nice try, though.

I'm in a sort of lazier Mafia-ing part of my life right now, actually. It's NAI.
Oreki

Post by Oreki »

Dragomir wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 11:36 am

Nice try, though.

Allow me to correct your grammar here. You're way too much passive here. Much doesn't make sense in this sentence. It's just "you're way too passive here."

passiveness is not really townies at all. It should be singular, not plural.
Yeah thanks for that lol
Rej
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Rej »

Dragomir wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 11:33 am
Rej wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 11:24 am

- a bit of gamesolving

PEPE

Already been resolved doesn't change how bad it was. The meta or reasoning for what Mac did is irrelevant to what I'm talking about. Yes, it's similar to I/G so you know him saying I am town means nothing so why in Jesus were you trying to make it a big deal.

Nope. Nothing wrong with that. I've seen worse on OJ not being called out for so why is this even a bid deal. I do not care about how bad you're finding my case against you was. That is absolutely irrelevant to my entire. I just want you to explain to me why you're making a big deal out of something trivial especial when I've done shit like that as town and you never questioned it. You keep dodging actually addressing this point and defending yourself properly. All of this is irrelevant as fuck and just stalling. I don't know why the hell I should be making a parallel case on Mac when I'm coming at you for how you're coming at him. That makes no damn sense.

So what Rej? I don't care if I'm chainsaw defending Mac. All I want you to do is address my original. All this is meaningless and just a bunch of whatever. It's so irrelevant to what I want to get across. You want to call my play unprofessional when you're literally hopping, ducking, and dodging my actually point and trying to talk about something irrelevant.
As said you are tunneling and overread multiple paragraphs from me. I will tell it a last time: He not only called himself town but also all others from the lynch-nerfed players and then he disappeared. And you tell me it's not worth making a case?

About claiming oneself town:
Okay you got me but your reasoning is totally shit. You should have went after me like this: No role-claiming is allowed, which means invest roles can't tell us their results and won't be able to discuss them. It is my bad I realized it later on, but actually saying oneself is town is only profitting a lie detector and seriously I played over 20 mafia games or so and saw the lie detector only once in a one-shot version. So at this point it is not rly my fault, maybe one of my reasonings against mac wasn't that perfect, but dude I achieved my goal. I contributed, other people also went for it. I don't have to justify myself more. I have already been mislynched for trying out new approaches and behaving out of my own meta and that's actually my goal, having NO META at all, just playing mafia and sometimes you gotta use your gut feeling in combination with your aspects to start off something. So how long do you want to pick on me? You won't find a single slip just defense and genuiness.
ImageImageImageImage
Oreki

Post by Oreki »

Long Con wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 11:37 am

Nice try, though.

I'm in a sort of lazier Mafia-ing part of my life right now, actually. It's NAI.
I will wait for your Day Phase play then
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

what happened here
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

Oreki wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 10:56 am

Nice try, though.
If it's not mafia tell, you could at least counter his argument. But just telling it's not mafia read, doesn't give any type of defense or proof
Because it really shouldn't be given proof. It's just pretty plain obvious, like the fact Earth is round.

Saying it's a mafia tell is as ridiculous as saying gamesolving is a mafia tell.
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

I don't focus on one player, I keep options open because I may change my mind about them (like I did on sabie12 and indiglo) and I need to know where else we can go. sabie12 is what happens when you focus on one player.
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

Maybe having multiple scumreads is a mafia tell on this community, but where I come from it widely comes from town (and mafia imitating town). Saying that is a mafia tell would be actually a mafia tell to jump on something completely stupid.
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

Actually it would be a mafia tell if I refused to change my reads after that.
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 96

Post by birdwithteeth11 »

Dragomir wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 2:29 am
nutella wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 2:24 am

Or how about this tinfoil? You're scum buddies with him so you ignored it on purpose?(I'm not being serious with this). Though you might be if you're not gonna pay much attention to a player because they're posting a lot. Pretty lame excuse.

But I can believe that you just genuinely missed that as you did state that you were busy in an earlier post but we'll see. Though, I still don't like that excuse.
I think I agree with your conclusion, but not your logic. I get people not posting a lot through a phase or two if they're busy, but nutella's post came off to me more as "I don't have time to fully catch up now, so I better vote for a bandwagon-y candidate so it seems like I'm participating!" If you're busy that's fine if you don't make a good Day 1 vote. How she addressed it though is why I think her excuse is possibly BS.

Return to “Previous Side Missions”