Total votes: 23
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 161
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Re: [DAY 6] The Syndicate's 2013 Game of Champions

Post by juliets »

juliets wrote:Ok, I'm going to try to sum up the evidence against BWT. I'm using quotes from Russti who seems to outline it well. (They do not look like the normal quotes because I can't figure out how to use the quote function in a search function). I am not advocating either way at this point regarding BWT, just trying to collect all the evidence. Is there anyone else who has something to add to this?

1. Accusing bea because of her post saying BOB could help but not reading her other post is strange. The post of his the bea quoted reads to me as trying to plant suspicion while leaving plenty of room to back off if it doesn't catch, which seems like a baddie move to me.

2. In the shield poll, the only thing any civ has incentive to do is to vote the person they think is most civ-like for the shield, so it doesn't end up in the hands of baddies and get passed back and forth (I htink that happened in MOTU). So if you voted bea, you thought she was the most civ-like player in the game.

The next day, she was one of your top 2 candidates for lynch, indicating she was one of the two people you thought were least likely to be civ. She jumped over 25 spots on your "Top Baddies" list overnight!! However, I think your case was weak and that you purposely worded it to be able to drop it later. Backing off is fine by me, especially if new info shows up, which it did. Wording things flimsily so nothing sticks to you seems baddie in my opinion.

3. BWT voted to rezz Kate.
4. One of 3 who could be a minion. (forgot this one)
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
A Person
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 31

Post by A Person »

Lizzy wrote:
A Person wrote:
Lizzy wrote:I've had a raging migraine since yesterday, so I may be delirious.:p
:((
ture. I may die from the metamizole overdose k
;__;
i hope your poor head feels better soon k :)
Lizzy
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 159

Post by Lizzy »

A Person wrote:
Lizzy wrote:
A Person wrote:
Lizzy wrote:I've had a raging migraine since yesterday, so I may be delirious.:p
:((
ture. I may die from the metamizole overdose k
;__;
i hope your poor head feels better soon k :)
omg k
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 209

Post by Epignosis »

DharmaHelper wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Nevinera wrote:I don't really see anything in BWT's history that talks much to me.
She's been fairly consistent about her conviction that Epi is bad,
and otherwise hasn't made a ton of assertions.
You might call that blendy, since she talked a lot without saying very much,
but I never liked using characterizations like to vote on.

Actually, rereading all of her posts made me suspect *epi* more than anything else;
his odd behavior surrounding inh in the early game doesn't really make any sense for a civ.
Not just the repeated mentions post, but the way he tried to use Zodac to keep us from lynching inh the next night..
it seems like something a baddie would do to keep the attention on the indies for longer.

If we could allow bea to go un-voted-for today, we ought to be able to determine her bob-ness from that;
I Epi will get my vote unless something more relevant comes up.

(I'll get to vote analysis on all three shortly though).
Eh?

This post reaches the opposite conclusions about what I was trying to accomplish.

I used OK Computer's name two dozen times to get people to stop going on about him and focus on finding a villain rather than an eccentric independent that could have been contained and ignored. I don't know why you and birdwithteeth11 keep suspecting me for doing that. I explicitly and decidedly was trying to get people to not lynch a neutered independent and focus on more pressing concerns, and that (based on my understanding of Zodac at the time) if people absolutely had to have Media's head, that they skip a day phase and lynch him then.

But hell, nobody was successful in lynching him anyway. Two wasted Day periods, and I'm the "baddie" who would try to keep the attention focused on the independents?

Pardon my French, but dafuq?

Still doing my re-read for the day but this caught my attention because Epig is not usually this dumb and if he's acting like it, well then he's acting.

I'm curious Epig, how you justify handing INH all his powers on a silver platter "neutering" him? In what way was he neutered? Additionally, did you expect anyone to be able to lynch Media after you gave INH all his powers on a silver platter (one of which is a lynch save go figure). Two wasted day periods, and yes you do shoulder some blame for that :)
You are jumbling the events of a timeline as though they occurred at once.

When I uttered the name as I did, I did not believe he was Media. At the time, people were trying to come up with a (very distracting) system that included nicknames and other business. Having borne witness to that utter foolishness in Lost Mafia, I pulled the trigger so we could all move on.

Realizing that he was indeed Media, I argued that we leave him alone, ignore him, and not say his name (thereby rendering him a harmless independent), and search for someone bad. Fortunately A Person (the only person to keep saying the name) got modkilled. Additionally, I was wary of the Zodac factor.

In summary, if people had taken my advice, Media's lynch save would have been a moot point, and the Day 2 lynch would not have been a wasted one. So no, I do not shoulder blame for that at all.

But whenever someone is ready to explain how saying the name on Day 1 makes me bad, by all means, I'd love to know. Because the thought of having my kill or my teammate's kill be randomly redirected to my teammate or me would not be appealing one, were I evil.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Nevinera
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 307

Post by Nevinera »

Lizzy wrote: I'm not sure how convenient that would have been since the only civ role that would allow her to survive is Penny. John is out, and they didn't know Meat Boy's secret at the time. Villager's protege & Mr Henderson? Unlikely.
I'm not sure what you're trying to say here.
I'm claiming that they could have reasonably attempted an NK against a teammate they knew would survive it in the hopes of making her seem 'obviously not on their team'.
The fact that we would surmise she was using a shield (unless she was penny) doesn't affect that equation much.
And obviously it worked on you.
Lizzy wrote: Then you have bea, Epi and BWT. Epi and BWT were both targets before Night2 and Epi is usually a certain target at night, so recruiting him would have been risky. And Bea was too obvious. Alas! anything is possible. Butt I'd rather lynch a baddie k.
That's the list I've been chanting for days.
"Bea was too obvious"? If she was too obvious, you'd be less resistant to the idea that she was the pick, wouldn't you?
I avoid assessments like that because there's nowhere to go but WIFOM.

I'd rather lynch a baddie myself, that's kind of my goal here.
Do you have anyone in particular you think would be a better suspect?
We can't lynch Bea today anyway, so if you have some idea, I'd love to hear it.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 282
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Nevinera wrote:
• Catherine Martell - [Twin Peaks] – Owner of the Packard Mill, and the wife of Pete. Also having an affair with Ben. Can control what role she is shown as when lynched.
Actually, that might not be the case.

MP: I'm guessing that the night polls don't count as lynches - would Martell still be able to control her role's appearance?
This is a very good question.

Considering the night polls are NOT lynches, but still role reveals... I suppose, being the literalist I am, Martell would not be able to control her appearance in that scenario, in contrast to a lynch. The 'inactivity kill' is an oddity in that it sort of bypasses all conventional powers that might screw with it otherwise.
Nevinera
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Nevinera »

Epignosis wrote: When I uttered the name as I did, I did not believe he was Media. At the time, people were trying to come up with a (very distracting) system that included nicknames and other business. Having borne witness to that utter foolishness in Lost Mafia, I pulled the trigger so we could all move on.
I'm not really arguing for your lynch right now, though I don't have any better suspects tbh.

But how could you *possibly* have not believed inh was Media?
The only other role that might remotely behave that way was Fetus, and surely he wouldn't do it on turn 1.
Nevinera
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Nevinera »

ebwop: *lynchable* suspects.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 282
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Also, things are getting just a bit tense in here (though far from terrible), and have been a bit off and on all game, and I know certain players have a lot going on in their lives right now (whether they've shared that fact or let it leak through their behavior or not), so let's please remember:

1. Let's treat each other with respect.
2. If you're feeling worked up, regardless of the reason, do not post. Walk away. Vent to me if you need to. That's what I'm here for.

Just a friendly reminder.
Lizzy
Drug Dealer

Post by Lizzy »

Dom voted for Elo to bear the shield.

What if he 'forgot' to send the pm and there are no minions?

Bea is too obvious for me , and I personally don't go for those who are too obvious because I have a bad habit of giving people way too much credit, but I know that this doesn't stop others from doing that.
Nevinera
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Nevinera »

Lizzy wrote:Dom voted for Elo to bear the shield.
It was already obvious who would win the shield at that point.
Getting some deniability would be a totally rational action.
Lizzy wrote:What if he 'forgot' to send the pm and there are no minions?
I very much doubt that. Very much.
Draconus
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 241

Post by Draconus »

The Bea is a distraction fo' shiz!
Vote for the Bird and be done with this jizz! :srsnod:
At our friendly naked redd Lizz,
I shan't vote bea, will look for more baddie biz.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

"Modular forms and elliptic curves! Infinite fire revolving around infinite parallels fractals of infinite reality, each cascading, gliding in an infinite wheel. Tell me the true nature of my reality!"
Lizzy
Drug Dealer

Post by Lizzy »

Well, my head needs some rest and I guess I'll vote now.
Lizzy's offering up her vote as I said is pretty darn pingy. Apart from her I'd have to comb through the pages of people talking about this whole as rey put it "Person of Interest" scenario and fuck that man I really am tired of hearing about it :P
In a game of champions, everyone playing should be playing like a champion. So if you're not playing like a champion, you should be lynched. I will likely vote for Lizzy given this logic.
hehe ^__^

linki - OMG DEVIN <3
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 373

Post by DharmaHelper »

Epignosis wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Nevinera wrote:I don't really see anything in BWT's history that talks much to me.
She's been fairly consistent about her conviction that Epi is bad,
and otherwise hasn't made a ton of assertions.
You might call that blendy, since she talked a lot without saying very much,
but I never liked using characterizations like to vote on.

Actually, rereading all of her posts made me suspect *epi* more than anything else;
his odd behavior surrounding inh in the early game doesn't really make any sense for a civ.
Not just the repeated mentions post, but the way he tried to use Zodac to keep us from lynching inh the next night..
it seems like something a baddie would do to keep the attention on the indies for longer.

If we could allow bea to go un-voted-for today, we ought to be able to determine her bob-ness from that;
I Epi will get my vote unless something more relevant comes up.

(I'll get to vote analysis on all three shortly though).
Eh?

This post reaches the opposite conclusions about what I was trying to accomplish.

I used OK Computer's name two dozen times to get people to stop going on about him and focus on finding a villain rather than an eccentric independent that could have been contained and ignored. I don't know why you and birdwithteeth11 keep suspecting me for doing that. I explicitly and decidedly was trying to get people to not lynch a neutered independent and focus on more pressing concerns, and that (based on my understanding of Zodac at the time) if people absolutely had to have Media's head, that they skip a day phase and lynch him then.

But hell, nobody was successful in lynching him anyway. Two wasted Day periods, and I'm the "baddie" who would try to keep the attention focused on the independents?

Pardon my French, but dafuq?

Still doing my re-read for the day but this caught my attention because Epig is not usually this dumb and if he's acting like it, well then he's acting.

I'm curious Epig, how you justify handing INH all his powers on a silver platter "neutering" him? In what way was he neutered? Additionally, did you expect anyone to be able to lynch Media after you gave INH all his powers on a silver platter (one of which is a lynch save go figure). Two wasted day periods, and yes you do shoulder some blame for that :)
You are jumbling the events of a timeline as though they occurred at once.

When I uttered the name as I did, I did not believe he was Media. At the time, people were trying to come up with a (very distracting) system that included nicknames and other business. Having borne witness to that utter foolishness in Lost Mafia, I pulled the trigger so we could all move on.

Realizing that he was indeed Media, I argued that we leave him alone, ignore him, and not say his name (thereby rendering him a harmless independent), and search for someone bad. Fortunately A Person (the only person to keep saying the name) got modkilled. Additionally, I was wary of the Zodac factor.

In summary, if people had taken my advice, Media's lynch save would have been a moot point, and the Day 2 lynch would not have been a wasted one. So no, I do not shoulder blame for that at all.

But whenever someone is ready to explain how saying the name on Day 1 makes me bad, by all means, I'd love to know. Because the thought of having my kill or my teammate's kill be randomly redirected to my teammate or me would not be appealing one, were I evil.
You were unconvinced that he was Media, so you decided to pull the trigger by saying his name enough times to give him Super Saiyan powers, and then afterwards, you realized he was Media and argued (after you'd already said his name plenty of times) that we stop saying his name and ignore him...

This demonstrates an uncharacteristic lack of foresight and critical thinking.
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Nevinera wrote:
Epignosis wrote: When I uttered the name as I did, I did not believe he was Media. At the time, people were trying to come up with a (very distracting) system that included nicknames and other business. Having borne witness to that utter foolishness in Lost Mafia, I pulled the trigger so we could all move on.
I'm not really arguing for your lynch right now, though I don't have any better suspects tbh.

But how could you *possibly* have not believed inh was Media?
The only other role that might remotely behave that way was Fetus, and surely he wouldn't do it on turn 1.
I did not believe he was Media on Day 1, and I even told him if he was Media, he was doing a poor job of handling the role. My mind changed Day 2.

Dr. Fetus was the "only other role?" Ah, hindsight!

On Day 1, you expressed a host of possibilities about him, one of which was Media.

I'm really surprised with you Nev.
Nevinera wrote: Actually, rereading all of her posts made me suspect *epi* more than anything else;
Not just the repeated mentions post, but the way he tried to use Zodac to keep us from lynching inh the next night.
Compare that to your Night 1 / Day 2 posts:
Nevinera wrote:
Somebody wrote:Well, well, don't we have a dilemma here? Vote for me, and then Mr. Zodac siphons the votes. Don't, and I get to ;airguitar: another day. What ever shall you do?
I actually am no longer worried about you. The baddie teams will NK you as soon as we stop voting for you.
Nevinera wrote:
blindfaeth wrote: Though I must confess I don't agree with you, baddies love to keep suspicious characters around.
BTW, if you aren't worried about He who shall not be named, then why did you put effort into not naming he who shall not be named? (That was a doozy to type) :phew:
1) If his counts don't roll over, he is going to be powerless the whole game, because we all know who he is now, and won't name him.
2) If they do roll over, and he gained a NK, we'll know very soon. So will the baddies, and they will execute him out of fear.
Nevinera wrote:Holy crap. I was only gone a few hours!

Not voting yet, but I think Epig's argument about Zodac has lot's of tactical merit. Even if he had time to change his target though, he probably would still have left it on redacted, because it was obvious to anyone listening that he was *going* to be lynched next.

I have my doubts about the media powers enumerated though:

1) If he actually just described the bulk of his powers accurately, he would have been modkilled for sure. That's not something you're allowed to do.
2) If he used some kind of 'chaos randomizer' like the role used to have, surely (a) it wouldn't have resulted in a bunch of people systematically receiving the same curse and (b) It wouldn't have resulted in NK's targeting both me and svs, two very active players at the time.

I also think it's very unlikely that MP would have left the secret roles remotely intact - not much point in secrets if everyone knows how they work, right?
So, while I am very concerned about Zodac's power, I have no confidence that he will be able to run this game like that one.
I *do* however know of a good way to find out. If we lynch that guy, and someone else gets lynched, then we *know*.
A little knowing is worth a *lot* of guessing.

I'm going to hold out for later on the vote, because I think more information might be surfacing, but I will probably vote for the obvious person.
Desperation is evident, and I take that as a good sign.
Nevinera wrote: I think our best play right now is to lynch ---- again, and see what happens.
If he doesn't die, he's Fetus.
If someone *else* dies, then we know Zodac has the same power as before (which is tactically *very* important to know).

I rather doubt MP would have left him the same, honestly.
The power was a little too game-controlling in MotU.

So according to you:

On Day 2, what I was saying about Zodac had a lot of "tactical merit."

On Day 6, what I was doing was trying to save Media and I should be lynched for that.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Lizzy wrote:Well, my head needs some rest and I guess I'll vote now.
Lizzy's offering up her vote as I said is pretty darn pingy. Apart from her I'd have to comb through the pages of people talking about this whole as rey put it "Person of Interest" scenario and fuck that man I really am tired of hearing about it :P
In a game of champions, everyone playing should be playing like a champion. So if you're not playing like a champion, you should be lynched. I will likely vote for Lizzy given this logic.
hehe ^__^

linki - OMG DEVIN <3
Are you ever going to explain your votes for me or is this another one of those Vomp/Lizzy/AP clique craziness going on :P

ImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

DharmaHelper wrote: You were unconvinced that he was Media, so you decided to pull the trigger by saying his name enough times to give him Super Saiyan powers, and then afterwards, you realized he was Media and argued (after you'd already said his name plenty of times) that we stop saying his name and ignore him...

What I did provided us proof that he was Media.

If you would like to continue to criticize my mental prowess, perhaps off-topic green would be more appropriate. If you want to demonstrate how my Day 1 & 2 actions make me bad, then I'm still waiting.

Although unlike Walter White, I'm smart enough to know when a guy's made up his mind ten minutes ago. ;)
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Epignosis wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote: You were unconvinced that he was Media, so you decided to pull the trigger by saying his name enough times to give him Super Saiyan powers, and then afterwards, you realized he was Media and argued (after you'd already said his name plenty of times) that we stop saying his name and ignore him...

What I did provided us proof that he was Media.

If you would like to continue to criticize my mental prowess, perhaps off-topic green would be more appropriate. If you want to demonstrate how my Day 1 & 2 actions make me bad, then I'm still waiting.

Although unlike Walter White, I'm smart enough to know when a guy's made up his mind ten minutes ago. ;)
Pff I'm far from making up my mind. I'm sure as a teacher you're aware that when someone (Lets use you in this example) Makes a claim/statement, they should be able to back that claim/statement up under pressure. I'm challenging you to back yourself up and as far as I'm concerned you're doing alright.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Nevinera
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Nevinera »

Epignosis wrote: So according to you:
On Day 6, what I was doing was trying to save Media and I should be lynched for that.
There's nothing inconsistent about that, aside from the way you rephrased my opinions in the bit I quoted.

What you were saying *did* have tactical merit.
That doesn't mean that it can't be considered evidence that you were trying to draw things out.

I have probably asserted plenty of things this game that I later disagreed with -
my opinions change because the *available information* changes.
And because the personal danger involved in having certain opinions changes.

Could you stop behaving like I'm sitting here chanting 'Epi is bad! Epi is bad!'?
I don't have any solid evidence for that assertion, and I have not claimed such.
I think you are a solid choice for a lynch vote, but you know what would be more useful than half a dozen NO-U posts?
Making even a basic attempt to help discern who *is* bad.
Because I'd be happy to learn of any kind of evidence or observation that helps track down a baddie.

Unless you actually think *I* am bad?
In which case you're clearly not playing very observantly,
and I would appreciate a brief summary of what I've done that suggests that to you that I might rebut.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Nevinera wrote:
Epignosis wrote: So according to you:
There's nothing inconsistent about that, aside from the way you rephrased my opinions in the bit I quoted.

What you were saying *did* have tactical merit.
That doesn't mean that it can't be considered evidence that you were trying to draw things out.
Draw what out?
Nevinera wrote: Could you stop behaving like I'm sitting here chanting 'Epi is bad! Epi is bad!'?
I will behave as I wish, thank you. :)
Nevinera wrote: I don't have any solid evidence for that assertion, and I have not claimed such. I think you are a solid choice for a lynch vote, but you know what would be more useful than half a dozen NO-U posts?
That wasn't a NO U. That was me demonstrating that your reason for possibly voting me was, at best, poorly considered, and at worst, staggeringly hypocritical.
Nevinera wrote: Unless you actually think *I* am bad?
In which case you're clearly not playing very observantly,
and I would appreciate a brief summary of what I've done that suggests that to you that I might rebut.
I have no intention of voting for you, and I never expressed any such intention.
Nevinera
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Nevinera »

Epignosis wrote:Draw what out?
The lynching of inh - drawing out a lynch to take three days instead of two is definitely in the baddies best interests,
though it's not necessarily something a civ wouldn't do.
Epignosis wrote:That wasn't a NO U. That was me demonstrating that your reason for possibly voting me was, at best, poorly considered, and at worst, staggeringly hypocritical.
My reason for possibly voting you is extremely well considered.
the main reason is that you are on the short list of possible minions,
and the secondary reason is that your early actions bother me because they are hard to explain normally and easy to explain if you were bad.
As I have stated many times - that's not solid evidence, and your continually rebutting it as if it is is not really affecting my opinion.

It's not hypocrisy to change your opinions. I freely admit that much of the logic I'm using about you applies to me as well -
the distinction is that I *know* who I am, and I don't think I'm under any real suspicion of being a baddie.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Nevinera wrote:
Epignosis wrote:Draw what out?
The lynching of inh - drawing out a lynch to take three days instead of two is definitely in the baddies best interests,
though it's not necessarily something a civ wouldn't do.
Lynching Media PERIOD is in the bad guys' best interest, is it not? A bad guy would be all over the Media lynch because it would:

1) Keep attention off of himself, and
2) Waste a lynch on someone who is not on his team, thereby
3) Ensuring the use of their powers at Night (like killing).

Instead, I tried in vain to get the thread to reconsider not throwing away a lynch wherein people could easily hide. I tried desperately to get people to talk about A Person's revelatory modkilling. I strove with everyone to leave the neutered independent alone and try to find a real villain.

So in terms of drawing it out, yes, you are right. I was in favor of postponing the Media lynch indefinitely, precisely because a Media lynch would be beneficial to the villains. Whether that lynch happens Day 2 or Day 3 is irrelevant- it's still a "Safe Day" for the Mafia.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Hell, even if people voted for him because they wanted peace and quiet, they didn't get that anyway, because he spams in dead red!
Nevinera
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Nevinera »

Epignosis wrote: Lynching Media PERIOD is in the bad guys' best interest, is it not? A bad guy would be all over the Media lynch because it would:

On day 1, there is absolutely no gain for the baddies from lynching media - there were no other suspicions because there was no other information.
Day 2 was very similar in its lack of information. I agree that spending much effort on Day 6 chasing down media would be pointless,
but only because we know his win condition now - at the time we no reason to expect a 'wins with anyone', since Media was a baddie originally.
insertnamehere
Made Man
Posts in topic: 192

Post by insertnamehere »

Epignosis wrote:Hell, even if people voted for him because they wanted peace and quiet, they didn't get that anyway, because he spams in dead red!
I prefer the phrase "wittily commentates" instead of "spam."
WILD AT HEART MAFIA
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1679

Image Image Image
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Nevinera wrote:
Epignosis wrote: Lynching Media PERIOD is in the bad guys' best interest, is it not? A bad guy would be all over the Media lynch because it would:

On day 1, there is absolutely no gain for the baddies from lynching media - there were no other suspicions because there was no other information.
Day 2 was very similar in its lack of information. I agree that spending much effort on Day 6 chasing down media would be pointless,
but only because we know his win condition now - at the time we no reason to expect a 'wins with anyone', since Media was a baddie originally.
Day 2 was decidedly not similar. A Person got modkilled and was revealed. That was huge information.

And Media's win condition did not matter. So long as no one said his name, he was powerless to attain it.

I think I just talked myself into a certain direction for today's vote.
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 229

Post by thellama73 »

ADDICTEDTOTHESHINDIG do not think bird is bad
I do not think Nev is bad
I think Epi might be bad
And that surveying me very sad
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Nevinera
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Nevinera »

thellama73 wrote:
I think Epi might be bad
Yeah, I can't imagine he doesn't know I'm not a baddie,
and pretending not to realize definitely seems to characterize him that way :-\
Mongoose
Your Neighborhood Friendly Mongoose
Posts in topic: 328
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
Aka: Alison

Post by Mongoose »

I'm literally sat here with tubes coming out my nose, taped to my face, and gagging my throat, etc. so I'm not really up to this today. Looks like I'm in good company too. No need to worry, btw, just more hospital tests, wee!

I don't have time to educate myself on BWT and I am not voting for insanified District of Columbians, so BDH it is. I've been pretty active this game, so hopefully you won't care if I take today off to eat Salt & Vinegar chips and Cadbury eggs.

See y'all tomorrow. Don't forget to eat enough.

Feel free to write a poem to me
said the bear to the bee.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Nevinera wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
I think Epi might be bad
Yeah, I can't imagine he doesn't know I'm not a baddie,
and pretending not to realize definitely seems to characterize him that way :-\
Are you talking about me?
Nevinera
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Nevinera »

It's possible I misinterpreted your previous post - it sounded like you were saying you had talked yourself into voting for me today.
Since I was the only person referenced in your post, and you said "I think I just talked myself into a certain direction for today's vote"

I'm not sure who else you could be referring to, but if I misunderstood, then I retract my mistaken inference.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Nevinera wrote:It's possible I misinterpreted your previous post - it sounded like you were saying you had talked yourself into voting for me today.
Since I was the only person referenced in your post, and you said "I think I just talked myself into a certain direction for today's vote"

I'm not sure who else you could be referring to, but if I misunderstood, then I retract my mistaken inference.
The "direction" is a certain methodology, not a specific person.
Nevinera
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Nevinera »

Epignosis wrote:The "direction" is a certain methodology, not a specific person.
Ah, I apologize then.
Would your direction be harmed by explaining?
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Nevinera wrote:
Epignosis wrote:The "direction" is a certain methodology, not a specific person.
Ah, I apologize then.
Would your direction be harmed by explaining?
My direction won't be, but I'll probably be accused of "Casting a wide net." :rolleyes:

Given what I said about INH voters on Day 2, I think a number of villains would hide there. I'm going to start with that data, compare it to the information attained thus far, and sniff out the vote posts of those individuals for tone.

Then I'm going to run all the previously played games through a program I designed this morning during tea, and I'll tell you who is bad. :smile:
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

bea wrote:REALLY - please - for the love of god. lynch me now.

please.

please.

or you know - vote nev - but
really - I'd SOOOOOO much you rather lynch me.

especially since I KNOW that if I were a recruit It would be put into the lynch post (remember? I asked socky about it specificly) -

PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE LYNCH ME!!!

I'm the scarifice the Island demanded.

Pleeeeeeease do it.

I wish I handn't voted already.

for everyone else VOTE ME!!!!

do it -it'll be awesome!!! I swear - you'lll love the results!!!
Combing back trying to collect some thoughts... bea's meltdown freaks me the fuck out.

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

bea wrote:
Devin the Omniscient wrote:Bea is not on the lynch poll,
Da'fuck's the point in begging for her death-toll? :ponder:
Part of me is confused,
The other is slightly amused.

:haha: I completley didn't see I wasn't on the poll.

for the love of god, civ protecter - please please please protect me tonight so I can be lynched tomorrow.

I swear. I SWEAR. My lynch gives civs more info than my NK does.
Yeah lets have a civ protector waste his/her power on a player that wants to die anyway. :huh:

ImageImage
ImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Mongoose wrote:I'm literally sat here with tubes coming out my nose, taped to my face, and gagging my throat, etc. so I'm not really up to this today. Looks like I'm in good company too. No need to worry, btw, just more hospital tests, wee!

I don't have time to educate myself on BWT and I am not voting for insanified District of Columbians, so BDH it is. I've been pretty active this game, so hopefully you won't care if I take today off to eat Salt & Vinegar chips and Cadbury eggs.

Mongoose digenesis lazy
Wonder rutilant that means?
Has her mind assagai hazy
From eating too many greens?

Maybe getting cocky
Feeling she can coast
She should supportance some sake
and eat a big pot stlgirl
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

I'm odds for DH
I think you all election why
I've
got to cast exenterate innocent vote
And then unvarying have to fly

Nevinera
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Nevinera »

I'm going to try to wait to hear at least from Epig before voting - hopefully he'll turn up something useful.
I can't vote for Bea, so I guess we get to see tonight if there's a Bob kill.
I rather suspect she might skip the kill and wait to see what MP does, since it would *guarantee* a lynch the next day if she kills someone tonight.
She's already on the nightlynch list, so it's not obvious what MP's punishment would be.
Draconus
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 241

Post by Draconus »

Mongoose wrote:I'm literally sat here with tubes coming out my nose, taped to my face, and gagging my throat, etc. so I'm not really up to this today. Looks like I'm in good company too. No need to worry, btw, just more hospital tests, wee!

A mongoose on the loose,
drinking some juice,
in a spruce,
has no noose,
waiting for her.
Ture :mafia:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

"Modular forms and elliptic curves! Infinite fire revolving around infinite parallels fractals of infinite reality, each cascading, gliding in an infinite wheel. Tell me the true nature of my reality!"
Boomslang
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 73

Post by Boomslang »

If I don't vote now, I'mma miss the poll. Going to keep on the Vomps train, for previously explained reasons.
Vompatti
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 34

Post by Vompatti »

Voted *DH* because I trust Lizzy k
When the horse panics or something goes wrong, remain calm and reassure the horse.

Image Image Image
Nevinera
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Nevinera »

Epignosis wrote: My direction won't be, but I'll probably be accused of "Casting a wide net." :rolleyes:
Given what I said about INH voters on Day 2, I think a number of villains would hide there. I'm going to start with that data, compare it to the information attained thus far, and sniff out the vote posts of those individuals for tone.
Then I'm going to run all the previously played games through a program I designed this morning during tea, and I'll tell you who is bad. :smile:
You'll never hear that from me. As long as you don't consider weak evidence to be stronger than it is, wide nets catch the most fish :-)

OMG EPI IS MEDIA
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 327

Post by S~V~S »

My car dropped dead waiting for AAA to show. Not sure how I will vote, I am not caught up to the thread and not sure I will be home in time to get caught up.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 161
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

I agree, I'm waiting to see what epi comes back with on his hunt for baddies in the inh voters. I also have Jeopardy tonight so I'll be off to prepare in a few minutes and not back for about 2 hours. I'll be around in plenty of time to vote though.

Oh no SVS, what a pain in the butt.

By the way, anyone who's registered in IRC can play Jeopardy with us on Friday nights at 7:00 est. Love to have you.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Flyin' High
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 129

Post by Flyin' High »

Ugh, sorry to hear that S~V~S. I hope AAA doesn't take too long to appear.

At the moment I am leaning towards voting for bea. Her overreaction to Nev's post where he referred to BWT as a 'her' was so peculiar and bea was still online and posting when I asked her what Nev said that made her tone change so drastically yet she never responded to my inquiries.

Asking for the civvie protector to protect her tonight then us all lynch her tomorrow is so puzzling.

@bea: If you are a civvie, please don't give up like this--our power is in our numbers and I don't think any civvie has a power that would be worth throwing away just to prove a point!

@Epi: Here's my problem with your posts Day 2. At the end of Night 1 you posted your comments about Zodac and proposed we should wait to vote INH until Day 3. I and quite a few others were completely on board with that idea and willing to wait. Then you had an epiphany and commented that if Media actually caused everyone's night powers to redirect, then we wouldn't have to worry about Zodac and could freely vote INH. Then INH posted his lie that he was allowed to pick 3 ROLES to be immune to his power. And you believed him? That has never sat right with me. Then you returned to your original plan and since then have remained completely perturbed at anyone who deigned to vote INH anyway on Day 2.

Now that we know Media's secrets in their entirety, we know for sure he did cause everyone's night powers to redirect. And I'd imagine a number of players knew something odd happened Night 1 because of results they got back at the end of the night from using their powers.

Your insistence that you were right and everyone who disagreed with you was wrong on Day 2 and your continued belief of that just strikes me as "off" because I think there was evidence that things were screwy Night 1 and you are smart enough to have thought of that.
ImageImage

DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Man I am starting to wonder if it was worth it to come back here and play mafia :P Getting me all different flavors of pissed at the minute.

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Flyin' High wrote:Ugh, sorry to hear that S~V~S. I hope AAA doesn't take too long to appear.

At the moment I am leaning towards voting for bea. Her overreaction to Nev's post where he referred to BWT as a 'her' was so peculiar and bea was still online and posting when I asked her what Nev said that made her tone change so drastically yet she never responded to my inquiries.

Asking for the civvie protector to protect her tonight then us all lynch her tomorrow is so puzzling.

@bea: If you are a civvie, please don't give up like this--our power is in our numbers and I don't think any civvie has a power that would be worth throwing away just to prove a point!

@Epi: Here's my problem with your posts Day 2. At the end of Night 1 you posted your comments about Zodac and proposed we should wait to vote INH until Day 3. I and quite a few others were completely on board with that idea and willing to wait. Then you had an epiphany and commented that if Media actually caused everyone's night powers to redirect, then we wouldn't have to worry about Zodac and could freely vote INH. Then INH posted his lie that he was allowed to pick 3 ROLES to be immune to his power. And you believed him? That has never sat right with me. Then you returned to your original plan and since then have remained completely perturbed at anyone who deigned to vote INH anyway on Day 2.

Now that we know Media's secrets in their entirety, we know for sure he did cause everyone's night powers to redirect. And I'd imagine a number of players knew something odd happened Night 1 because of results they got back at the end of the night from using their powers.

Your insistence that you were right and everyone who disagreed with you was wrong on Day 2 and your continued belief of that just strikes me as "off" because I think there was evidence that things were screwy Night 1 and you are smart enough to have thought of that.
When you realize that bea is not on the poll who else are you going to consider for a vote? :eek:

ImageImage
ImageImage
Flyin' High
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 129

Post by Flyin' High »

D'oh! Blonde moment! :blush: I swear it's like things go in one eye and out the other with me sometimes. XD

Probably vote Epi but I have time to see how he responds.
ImageImage

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Flyin' High wrote: @Epi: Here's my problem with your posts Day 2. At the end of Night 1 you posted your comments about Zodac and proposed we should wait to vote INH until Day 3. I and quite a few others were completely on board with that idea and willing to wait. Then you had an epiphany and commented that if Media actually caused everyone's night powers to redirect, then we wouldn't have to worry about Zodac and could freely vote INH. Then INH posted his lie that he was allowed to pick 3 ROLES to be immune to his power. And you believed him? That has never sat right with me. Then you returned to your original plan and since then have remained completely perturbed at anyone who deigned to vote INH anyway on Day 2.

I post as I go. Therefore I look like a flip-flopper because I post as information (or misinformation) becomes apparent. If I were someone who posted once or twice a day, voted, and took off, you would not have that impression.

And I'm a little tired of being told I'm smart enough for this or smart enough for that. Not offended, but tired. I've been told that three times today. I took the information and misinformation I had and did the best I could do with it at the time.

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”