Fallout: A Post-Nuclear Mafia Game (END)

Moderator: Community Team

TonyStarkPrime
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 201
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Re: Fallout: A Post-Nuclear Mafia Game (DAY 2)

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

sprityo wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 4:45 pm okay that was easy and with an hour and a half to spare

so quick player salad:

Jackofhearts2005 - N/A
Oreki - N/A
Dragoteeth - N/A
ColinIsCool - scum
Creature - scum
Long Con - scum
sabie12 scum
Sloonei - scum

TonyStarkPrime - town
Glorfindel - town
MacDougall - town

So really my issue right now is why are we only talking about the day 1 events and no one is talking about possible epi killers.

personally reading all of that made me want to lynch epi. but someone obviously felt threatened enough by him either directly, or his presence alone to kill him straight away.

thoughts?
Sabie, someone trying to implicate Sabie, someone trying to implicate you, someone scared of Epi are the four simplest motivations.
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

That’s not convincing to me but I can’t come up with anything else? It’s an interesting thing to toy with but we have a lot more from day one to talk about than trying to figure that out. But I mean any discussion would be nice cause this game seems to be sorely lacking in that.
Creature
Made Man
Posts in topic: 167

Post by Creature »

You know, if we keep being this discoordinated it's gonna be pretty easy for the supermutants to pick whatever wagon they want.
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

and that's what is happening.
sprityo
The Turncoat
Posts in topic: 68
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by sprityo »

I don’t think oreki or dragomir killed epi. Directly. I think there’s always a possibility of one inactive mafia

I’m rather inclined to believe someone like sloonei/jack/LC would do something like that
Epignosis wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 11:46 pm You all are terrible at this.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

Creature wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 10:31 pm Player salad:

Creature - Town
TonyStarkPrime - Town
Sloonei - Scum suspect
MacDougall - Town
Long Con - Town
ColinIsCool - Scum suspect
Glorfindel - Town
Jackofhearts2005 - Probtown
sabie12 - Scum suspect
sprityo - Scum suspect
Oreki - Scum suspect
Dragomir - Scum suspect
Wanna talk about this?
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Creature wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 6:53 pm
Creature wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 10:31 pm Player salad:

Creature - Town
TonyStarkPrime - Town
Sloonei - Scum suspect
MacDougall - Town
Long Con - Town
ColinIsCool - Scum suspect
Glorfindel - Town
Jackofhearts2005 - Probtown
sabie12 - Scum suspect
sprityo - Scum suspect
Oreki - Scum suspect
Dragomir - Scum suspect
Wanna talk about this?
If you had to switch one scum label for one town what would it be
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 127

Post by MacDougall »

sprityo wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 6:51 pm I don’t think oreki or dragomir killed epi. Directly. I think there’s always a possibility of one inactive mafia

I’m rather inclined to believe someone like sloonei/jack/LC would do something like that
I dunno, they are all rather sporting. I think Epi is more likely to get killed by someone like you.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 152
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Re: Fallout: A Post-Nuclear Mafia Game (DAY 1)

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

sprityo wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 4:18 pm
sabie12 wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 7:44 am So mac has given up on defending himself or making cases on people he accuses? Or does that not even need to happen anymore because in games I've played lately it seems like people don't have to bother to give reasons anymore. Every time I think mac is bad because he's given up and doesn't care I end up being wrong so I dont know.

As of right now I don't know for sure. I have such a hard time making reads day 1. The exchange between creature and epi was interesting but I thought that about creature and another player before and everyone was like oh that's not weird and they weren't bad so I don't know. Could they be teammates? Maybe but I feel like they wouldn't be that obvious about it.

I feel like Jack and spirityo are usually more quick to go around making accusations and getting people to talk but have been more cautious this day 1. BWT also was quick to say vote epi but didnt and hasnt said much other than that they didnt know if they checked in.

We have yet to hear from oreki colin and dragomir

I dont think I've ever played with TSP before so I dont have anything to go on. Sloonei and LC seem like they're usual selves at this point.
Glorfindel seems to be making an effort to follow Jimmy's guide and be like a super civ. Could be an effort to make sure they seem as civ as possible when maybe they aren't.
hi im reading day 1 finally

i only make accusations when i can back them up. Cautious is also not a word in my vocabulary. Reckless is though

the rest of this is pretty on par for what's going on though.
"mac is doing something weird"
"some people did a back and forth"
"these people are acting different"
"no shows"
"dont know, usual selves, glorf is town"

nothing bad on sabie, but it's cut and dry
No comment.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

The number of people here that wouldn’t lynch Glor if he said “I am town” but who are voting Creature is interesting.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Somebody should debate that!
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:26 pm The number of people here that wouldn’t lynch Glor if he said “I am town” but who are voting Creature is interesting.
That number appears to be two.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

MacDougall wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:30 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:26 pm The number of people here that wouldn’t lynch Glor if he said “I am town” but who are voting Creature is interesting.
Lol and one is Glor. Awesome.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Yeah so like ... where are you going with this?
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

MacDougall wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:36 pm Yeah so like ... where are you going with this?
Nowhere fast.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

I guess I’m like “Why?”
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Good chat
sabie12
Maiden of Mischief
Posts in topic: 20
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/herself/they

Post by sabie12 »

Today was fun worked forever went to urgent care went to pharmacy finally home.
I get the creature suspicion. When looking at his ISO it's all just like maybe one sentence of random thoughts and changing suspicions. He was saying this game is too boring and people are uncreative with their votes and suspicions without really doing much delving into anything either. His end of day posting was just all over the place amd changing votes without trying to solve anything. He could have broken the tie but also did not.

Spirityo eh I'm still iffy on him. He maybe had some motive to kill epi as epi was kind of calling him out.

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:35 pm
MacDougall wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:30 pm
Lol and one is Glor. Awesome.
Unsure what that's all about exactly.
Still think Jack is acting weird but at least he kinda came back in.

I really have to do real life stuff I'm really trying to be here as much as I can.
Sometimes life does seem all planned out, like there's no choice in the matter. But that's just an illusion.
~Darren Shan~
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:26 pm Somebody should debate that!
I have thoughts on this but I’m not sure how to phrase them.

I think glorf is maybe slightly less likely to be town but it’s nominal
I think glorf is probably slightly less helpful to the town but it’s nominal (and there’s a low sample size)
I think Creature is an easier target by nature of high post count and being more confrontational
Conclusion: lynch Glorf ???
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

More broadly I think people are annoyed by Creature’s style and Glorfindel is out here calling people “friend” and being a caricature of a nice townie. But you don’t see any “lynch Mac” trains going so this can’t explain all of it.
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 80
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Creature's style is like his avatar. It's a great choice, really.

Sorry I've been away for the last day. Weekend stuff. I'll spend some time getting my mind back in here.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

TonyStarkPrime is looking pretty Civ. As Glorf said:
Glorfindel wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 3:03 amWhat can I say, Tony? I am walking in the footsteps of the Master this game...

Also, if you’re Mafioso here, your most recent posts are deserving of an Academy Award!
... following a series of posts by Tony just before the Glorf post. I clicked page 8 to start a reread catchup. I'll post as I go, whatever I think.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

I would lynch Glorfindel if I suspected he were Mafia. I could lynch Glorf actually. Today. He's operating within a charming schtick that I assume is supported by some sort of JJJ instructional video that I have yet to watch. What a way to keep to the tight and narrow as a baddie. Schtick-and-roadmap, all in one. :shrug:
Long Con
So Divine

Re: Fallout: A Post-Nuclear Mafia Game (NIGHT 1)

Post by Long Con »

MacDougall wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 4:50 am Colin talk to me about LC and vice versa
Mac, Mac, Mac... are you doing real Civ behaviour, or tryhard baddie cover behaviour? Either way, I like thread-stimulation, but I don't like conflict. I should work on that, instead of being vaguely uncomfortable whenever someone admits they have feelings. It might be a protective fear that people will get too upset and stop playing, which I've seen too many times.

Is it weird that I'm somehow tempted to break JJJ's unwritten rule in all his nonexistent posts?

I don't think sabie12 is bad. Clearly her Civ game attracts suspicion, verified with 100%Civ® EpiFacts. People don't seem to be taking that into account.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Long Con wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:53 pm
I would lynch Glorfindel if I suspected he were Mafia. I could lynch Glorf actually. Today. He's operating within a charming schtick that I assume is supported by some sort of JJJ instructional video that I have yet to watch. What a way to keep to the tight and narrow as a baddie. Schtick-and-roadmap, all in one. :shrug:
I'm afraid to even talk about Glor's alignment for fear he'll claim town.

I think Tony is town though.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 10:27 am
sabie12 wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 9:01 am
Epignosis wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 7:13 pm
sabie12 wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 6:49 pm I'm sorry BWT RIP! I agree this lynch was difficult because I felt I had some town reads but I was unsure about some of the less active players. I felt like it was out of character of Jack and spirityo to not be as involved as they usually are hopefully they'll come in and participate more. I'm still iffy on them. I think the shorter than usual day phase may have also caught some people off guard.
And to answer epis question mac has definitely been wrong about me before.
That isn't helpful. I know the answer to that question. What's more important is this: Is Mac bad here?

1. Yes.
2. No.
I wasn't thinking he was bad just that his suspicion of me is incorrect. I figured he was trying to push me to post reads or something since I only had a couple posts at that point but I suck at trying to make day 1 reads. I at least try to though. Whoever is bad though would just have to plant a seed of doubt about me and I'm a really easy target for a mislynch but any of the people suspecting me could be doing that. In the borderlands game mac was a civ and led a mislynch on me based on him misinterpreting information. Obviously I don't want to continue to be night killed or lynched day 1 or 2 but I also don't want people to not play the game how they want to because they feel bad for me as TSP was suggesting. I just point out that a lot of times people misinterpret or misunderstand me. Epi pointing out that I get killed off quickly so often did make me upset (at the situation) but all I can do is keep trying to get better and not let it bother me. I don't want people feeling bad for me I just want people to take the time to try to understand where I'm coming from or what I'm trying to say. Such as I've been criticized before for putting all my thoughts into one long post but I dont have a computer and I'm typically pretty busy IRL so that's what works for me.
Im at least participating and trying to figure things out as much as I can. It would be nice to hear some thoughts from some of the other people who haven't been around as much or discussed thoughts on the game so far.
Fair and I can understand it.
If you don’t think Mac is bad who do you think is? Let’s assume Jack and Sprityo are both town.
I'ma admit that I skimmed sabie's block of text the first time around. This time I took the time to read it, and I like it. Also, TSP's response looks very Civ.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:04 pm

I'm not going to "claim Town" if I get accused. I mean, the rules specifically state that the only alignment anyone can claim is Town, so it's truly meaningless by design.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Long Con wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:14 pm

I'm not going to "claim Town" if I get accused. I mean, the rules specifically state that the only alignment anyone can claim is Town, so it's truly meaningless by design.
For most. It's a good rule. If you're going to have a completely open setup, I think it's most balanced at zero claiming, zero hinting, zero tolerance so I dig it.

You got civ feels from Sabie, Tony. I'm clearly town. Same for Creature.

From your perspective, that's a dang good start. So where should we go?
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 1:42 pm Yeeeeah. Colin is maphier.
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 3:31 pm Sloonei can be maphier too.
Jaaaack, I know this is a blatant smirk, but come on.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Sloonei wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 1:48 pm I don’t think Colin comes in so limp if he’s bad.
Citation needed.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Long Con wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:41 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 1:42 pm Yeeeeah. Colin is maphier.
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 3:31 pm Sloonei can be maphier too.
Jaaaack, I know this is a blatant smirk, but come on.
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:31 pm
Long Con wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:14 pm

For most. It's a good rule. If you're going to have a completely open setup, I think it's most balanced at zero claiming, zero hinting, zero tolerance so I dig it.

You got civ feels from Sabie, Tony. I'm clearly town. Same for Creature.

From your perspective, that's a dang good start. So where should we go?
This for me? I’ll take it anyways. Civ feels from Sabie is a bit of an overstatement I think that’s a disingenuous read on my posts. That’s still a case worth pursuing.

But my vote’s on Colin for a reason.
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

MacDougall wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:22 pm
sprityo wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 6:51 pm I don’t think oreki or dragomir killed epi. Directly. I think there’s always a possibility of one inactive mafia

I dunno, they are all rather sporting. I think Epi is more likely to get killed by someone like you.
Ya but why
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

[VOTE: ColinisCool] aubergine
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

Like I get epi made a list of my posts and pointed out they provided nothing to add-

But like, what’s new on that front?
Banners:
ImageImageImage
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

If Colin doesn’t show up tonight I’ll run the ISO and give some thoughts in general he’s had bursts of townieness but the general feeling of his posts is not along those lines.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 243

Post by Sloonei »

I did other things all day and now i'm exhausted. Good thing we have 48 hours. sorry y'all. I'll do things tomorrow, pinkie swear.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Sloonei wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 4:41 pm Somewhat impulsive rainbow

TonyStarkPrime
Epignosis
Glorfindel

Long Con
Macdougall
Jackofhearts
ColinIsCool

sabie
Dragomir
Oreki
sprityo

Creature

My general impression from yesterday was that a lot of people did things which indicated Not Mafia to me, hence the big green tier. For Colin and Jack, their "Not Mafia" activities were simply seeming to not be all that bothered by the lynch. I think each of them would have had more to say during the lynch if they were bad. Jack especially.

Mac and Long Con are both in similar positions. Nothing they've done really screams "Town" at me, except that I feel they might be playing a more cautious or calculated game if they were bad. I took a glance at LC's recent scum performance in Zootopia, and I felt as though I could see a player (with my retrospective goggles on) who was very conscious of how his posts would be received before he posted them. Long Con in this game seems like he's just firing from the hip. I'm less confident when it comes to reading Mac than any other prominent Syndicate regular, but I'm gonna lean town in him for now because he brings good energy to the game.

I didn't ultimately vote for sabie and I still feel like the case against her is built on stuff that resembles Regular Sabie, but I've not seen enough to tell me that Regular Sabie and Mafia Sabie are really that far apart. The three names below her have combined to do zilch.

Creature is the name I'm tinfoiling right now. I'm gonna sleep on that a bit before I really dig into him. I've only played with Creature once, very recently. He was town and not drastically different than he has been here. He's had a bolder presence in this game, but I don't know that I feel he's really made anything happen in the game, which is my primary concern.

Ok, so this rainbow. Let's look at everyone who is not green.

We have Drago and Oreki, the two no-shows. Whoop-de-doo. We have sabie12, the most-discussed and most-suspected person in the game, right? Creature as the Proclaimed Tinfoil (so who can judge, and come on, he's rankling everyone with his harsh criticism anyway!)... ad also sprityo. Everyone else green, placated Civs.

Is sprityo your teammate? [VOTE: Sloonei] aubergine
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Long Con wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:23 pm

TonyStarkPrime
Epignosis
Glorfindel

Long Con
Macdougall
Jackofhearts
ColinIsCool

sabie
Dragomir
Oreki
sprityo

Creature

My general impression from yesterday was that a lot of people did things which indicated Not Mafia to me, hence the big green tier. For Colin and Jack, their "Not Mafia" activities were simply seeming to not be all that bothered by the lynch. I think each of them would have had more to say during the lynch if they were bad. Jack especially.

Mac and Long Con are both in similar positions. Nothing they've done really screams "Town" at me, except that I feel they might be playing a more cautious or calculated game if they were bad. I took a glance at LC's recent scum performance in Zootopia, and I felt as though I could see a player (with my retrospective goggles on) who was very conscious of how his posts would be received before he posted them. Long Con in this game seems like he's just firing from the hip. I'm less confident when it comes to reading Mac than any other prominent Syndicate regular, but I'm gonna lean town in him for now because he brings good energy to the game.

I didn't ultimately vote for sabie and I still feel like the case against her is built on stuff that resembles Regular Sabie, but I've not seen enough to tell me that Regular Sabie and Mafia Sabie are really that far apart. The three names below her have combined to do zilch.

Creature is the name I'm tinfoiling right now. I'm gonna sleep on that a bit before I really dig into him. I've only played with Creature once, very recently. He was town and not drastically different than he has been here. He's had a bolder presence in this game, but I don't know that I feel he's really made anything happen in the game, which is my primary concern.

We have Drago and Oreki, the two no-shows. Whoop-de-doo. We have sabie12, the most-discussed and most-suspected person in the game, right? Creature as the Proclaimed Tinfoil (so who can judge, and come on, he's rankling everyone with his harsh criticism anyway!)... ad also sprityo. Everyone else green, placated Civs.

He is, I guess that's the game then.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

TonyStarkPrime
Epignosis
Glorfindel

Long Con
Macdougall
Jackofhearts
ColinIsCool

sabie
Dragomir
Oreki
sprityo

Creature

Yeah that's about the most basic rainbow you could ever have. Not my favorite reaction either.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Sloonei wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:24 pmHe is, I guess that's the game then.
Smarmy. Cute.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:26 pmYeah that's about the most basic rainbow you could ever have. Not my favorite reaction either.
It's completely formulaic.
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

Long Con wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:27 pm It's completely formulaic.
So are chocolate chip cookies

But I like chocolate chip cookies
Banners:
ImageImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Long Con wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:27 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:26 pmYeah that's about the most basic rainbow you could ever have. Not my favorite reaction either.
It's completely formulaic.
I get credit for this cause I called out the Glor/Creature meta hypocrisy.
Say the thing, Sloonei.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

ALSO I meant to say that he didn't even mention sprityo at all, despite him being second from the bottom, frankly the MOST suspicious location if you eliminate "tinfoiling", which is as easy as you like.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

If you disagree with any of the explanations I gave, say so. If you're going to point at the colorful names and say they don't satisfy you then you're not really doing anything.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Long Con wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:30 pm ALSO I meant to say that he didn't even mention sprityo at all, despite him being second from the bottom, frankly the MOST suspicious location if you eliminate "tinfoiling", which is as easy as you like.
sprityo is a suspect by virtue of not having done anything to warrant a town read.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

Sloonei wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:31 pm
Long Con wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:30 pm ALSO I meant to say that he didn't even mention sprityo at all, despite him being second from the bottom, frankly the MOST suspicious location if you eliminate "tinfoiling", which is as easy as you like.
sprityo is a suspect by virtue of not having done anything to warrant a town read.
:clap:
Banners:
ImageImageImage
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Has our replacement shown his face?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

TonyStarkPrime
Epignosis
Glorfindel

Long Con
Macdougall
Jackofhearts
ColinIsCool

sabie
Dragomir
Oreki
sprityo

Creature

Show me your rainbow?

Return to “Previous Side Missions”