Boomslang
35%

Total votes: 23
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 327

Re: [DAY 7] The Syndicate's 2013 Game of Champions

Post by S~V~S »

The thing is, i don;t know that i trust you.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 229

Post by thellama73 »

timmer wrote:Interesting, it looks like we may hand the kynch to Zodac to decide! Assuming Bea votes for Vomps to save herself, which she certainly will.
Fine by me. I think they are likely both bad, so it's win-win.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 127

Post by birdwithteeth11 »

Sorry I can't respond to every little thing all of you post. I'm ri-donk-ulously busy lately. Most days I'm getting home from work and I'm too tired to do much with mafia other than catch up, because mentally I can't think of anything intelligent to add to the conversation. If that's going to be your justification for voting for me, then go for it. It'll backfire on you.

Also, sorry if that sounds cranky. It isn't directed at any one person specifically and I don't want it to be taken offensively. I actually AM really tired right now lol.

I can see the cases on bea, Vomps, llama, and juliets. Out of those 4 though, I think bea is the one most likely to die if we lynch her. Plus BDH coming in and saying we shouldn't vote for her for some super-secret reason was what tipped the scale for me. If he had come in and said something along the lines of, "I can read bea well, and I think she's civvie", then it would have given me pause. But I'm not willing to put blind trust into someone I'm unsure about. Sorry if I'm wrong here.

Votes bea

Linki X2
bea
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 344
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Post by bea »

timmer wrote:Interesting, it looks like we may hand the kynch to Zodac to decide! Assuming Bea votes for Vomps to save herself, which she certainly will.

I'm torn about BDHs statement about Bea. The case against her seems fine, and bdhs "trust me, its out of game stuff" feels like a rule break honestly, but that doesn't mean he may not be right. I'm happy with the case, though, its built on good logic.
Timmer was so looking for BDH's opinion on me then when he gave it, this is his response.

this is particularly interesting to me as in Homestar Timmer was on my baddie team and I was all very "I'm sorry but we have to do bts stealthy like - I share a computer with a player" and Timmer if I remember correctly said "let's just keep bts to PM's then."

Now that you know he's the guy I married? You're still torn about his ability to read me or my habits?''

linkie with teefies - yup - "some super secret reason."
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Hes her husband.
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

Nevinera wrote:
S~V~S wrote:BDH's posts seem to give lots of people pause, but they vote anyhow. Good to know.
And sometimes things happen that are not in the secrets. In socl games, like ALL THE TIME.
What are we supposed to do, aside from doubt but continue on? He's given no reasons, arguments, logic, not even any hints.
Just "Trust me".
Well I don't.

I've been racking my brain about what stuff could be happening behind the scenes, and I can't think of anything savory that would do this sort of thing.
Perhaps later in the game (or after) it will become obvious what you're doing and why, and I'll feel like a moron.
bea wrote: Is there something in those posts - that still bothers you about me? Something you want me to address?
There's not really anything for you to address. I understand all of your explanations and arguments,
I just don't buy them. If I'm wrong about you, then I'll apologize.. but I don't think it's likely.
I don't play on instincts and guts much, I vote based as purely on logic and observation as I'm able.
That's why I'm such a fan of the shared-word counts - they are *not* subjective, and cannot be twisted.
If you flip innocent (for real), then I'll be simply *astounded* by the odds.
Mongoose wrote:Nev - I don't disagree with you; in fact, I made a post stating agreeing with you, so that is why I took a mild and polite issue with your tone (when I'm not failing to understand your logic or disagree with you at all).
Maybe you thought me saying "For today" was me saying I'd believe you, for today instead of just legit believe you. I meant I'd hold off on voting Logan for today at least. Otherwise, it just seems like semantics.
I apologize for my tone to all of you. Frustration is no excuse for being an ass.

And yes, I did misunderstand your meaning Mongoose, not that it should have mattered.
he's the guy I married and lived with every day. While you don't necessarily get that - LOTS of people in this game should have picked up on that right away as soon as bdh did what he did.

the fact that they still voted me is telling.

I'm going to die. as far as I can see. there was a slim chance but ironicly I think TEEFIES nailed the final nail.
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

I guess I should just vote vompi and go with it.

I still feel like dead girl walking.
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

btw - 10 - 1 a) if you guys lynch teefies - he'll be on the creeper team or b) he'll go after devin next. :D
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 65

Post by Spacedaisy »

Ok, I just read ten pages at 40 pp and there is this scene playing in my head from Chicago. I feel like I should be singing "give 'em the old Razzle Dazzle..." This day period has felt like a three ring circus. There are two distinct groups pulling in two different directions. SVS, Bea and BDH are kind of grouped together and pointing at Llama and Nev. Nev and Llama are pointing at Bea. And then you have DH coming in with this Vomps stuff. It just seems like a lot of confusion. I liked Nev's word analysis. But I am hearing SVS and what I am hearing is not, "I suspect, I believe" It is "I know." She would not be saying that if she did not know. I also believe BDH believes Bea is Civ. and yes I think he would know her well enough to know how to read her a lot better than me. And I originally thought she was bad until she was targeted for a NK. I have a waffled a lot on her so this has been tough. Also, I don't understand the logic of killing Bea if you believe she is Martell. If she is, we have no way of knowing it for certain. Why is she the logical choice from your group of three that emerged in the word analysis? I'm just not understanding.

Vomps... DH surprised me with that one. To be honest it seems the most like desperate attempt to distract. (It was DH who brought this us, was it not? Stuff melds together when reading ten pages in one sitting.) anyone can copy and paste. To say that it looks like Vomps because of that seems like a HUGE stretch. And Vomps seems like an easy target to me.

Arg. I don't know if Vomps is bad, but I don't like the case against him. But I have a bad feeling about the way this lynch has gone and particularly about the idea of lynching Bea so I am going to cast a vote on Vomps and see how the chips fall.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 282
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Re: [POLLS] The Syndicate's 2013 Game of Champions

Post by Tangrowth »

DAY 7

Who is trying to kill MacGyver?

Poll runs till Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:30:36 pm

bea
timmer (6), Boomslang (11), blindfaeth (13), thellama73 (14), Flyin' High (17), Nevinera (19), Vompatti (21), birdwithteeth11 (22) 33%

BigDamnHero
No votes

birdwithteeth11
BigDamnHero (5), Devin the Omniscient (12), Elohcin (18) 13%

blindfaeth
No votes

Boomslang
No votes

Devin the Omniscient
No votes

DFaraday
No votes

DharmaHelper
Lizzy (9) 4%

Elohcin
No votes

Flyin' High
No votes

Hedgeowl
No votes

juliets
No votes

Lizzy
No votes

Mongoose
No votes

Nevinera
No votes

S~V~S
No votes

Spacedaisy
No votes

thellama73
S~V~S (2) 4%

timmer
No votes

Vompatti
DharmaHelper (7), DFaraday (10), Hedgeowl (15), Mongoose (16), juliets (20), bea (23), Spacedaisy (24) 29%

The host! (deadies, non-players, host ONLY)
MovingPictures07 (1), Russtifinko (3), Bullzeye (4), insertnamehere (8) 17%
Total votes : 24

Missing votes: No one!
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 282
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Day 7: Should We Just Pump in the Nerve Gas Now?

"Vompatti!!!!!" some of them screamed.

"bea!!!!!" the others screamed.

"birdwithteeth11!!!!" a few screamed.

Someone had to be evil, right? One of them was the evil one trying to kill them all!!

They were all stuffed into gas chambers, given only a paper clip, to prove their civvieness. birdwithteeth11 made it out, surprisingly, pretty easily and pretty quickly.

What would become of bea and Vompatti remained to be seen.

No one has been lynched.

It is now Night 7. You have 24 hours to send in your night PMs.
thellama73
Supatown

Re: [NIGHT 7] The Syndicate's 2013 Game of Champions

Post by thellama73 »

Well dash it all.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
timmer
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 110

Post by timmer »

bea wrote:

I'm torn about BDHs statement about Bea. The case against her seems fine, and bdhs "trust me, its out of game stuff" feels like a rule break honestly, but that doesn't mean he may not be right. I'm happy with the case, though, its built on good logic.
Timmer was so looking for BDH's opinion on me then when he gave it, this is his response.

this is particularly interesting to me as in Homestar Timmer was on my baddie team and I was all very "I'm sorry but we have to do bts stealthy like - I share a computer with a player" and Timmer if I remember correctly said "let's just keep bts to PM's then."

Now that you know he's the guy I married? You're still torn about his ability to read me or my habits?''

I had no idea it was BDH, I'm bad for remembering small details like that for various reasons. But I'm always more swayed by a case than by a "trust me". Epi says "trust me" about Eloh all the time. Lots of people do it even when they dont live together "I know their baddie game" etc. But since when are such statements foolproof? Since when does "I'm reading body language" or whatever get to play a part in mafia? I simply trust Nevs case more than a trust me, its nothing shocking?
My siggie.
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

Well.
My siggie.
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

I really really truely promise that I'm not the recruit. And the role I'm lynched with is the role I have.
I swear.

BDH outing himself as Diggz - while to people like nev and boom isn't a big deal - people like JC and FH - it should give some pause.
We've - the 4 of us played many a game FH and Julietintheskywithcoffee.

People like elo that were quick to jump on the potential rule break and then back off when she saw what was going on give me a raised eye but not a complete one. Again - I hosted them and they were both on the baddie team with DH.

It does feel like several people ignored all the why bdh did what he did even *after* the bdh = diggz reveal.

I am pretty certian that svs is civ, bdh is obviously civ - because - come on - jc - svs - fh - if he was bad, do you really think he'd out himself as being him when he *really* wanted to mafia with no history and under a new name? I have good feels about DF, goosey and hedgey.

I really really hope that at some point, I'll *know* that my shield pass was a good pass.

As far as I can tell - Imma going down. and I am a civ - so if anyone has anything they want my opine on before I'm down....now's the time.\

linkie - thank you SD. The martell thing is telling I think. It's easy to lynch civ after civ after civ and say "well they could be martell." when lizzy was lynched and after we rezzed her - I think it was actually bdh - that was all "did you not concider this role?" - yes. I did and do.

But in the end - I think the thread knows when a civ is being lynched - and I hope they spot the manipulators.

I think there's a decent chance vomp could be Jack. I have had no reason yet to doubt DH. But yes, he is trickstery. All I know for sure is the one vote I *don't* question is vomps. I hope he feels the same.

more linkie - rip no one! I really thought I was dead girl walking.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

I guess we know why Bea was asking to be lynched now. She can't be.

Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

We don't know that yet Llama. It mentions both Bea and Vomps in that post as still being in the gas chamber. I suspect it was a tie.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

The votes were definitely interesting Bea, I'll grant you that. This day will be an interesting one to read back.
My siggie.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Spacedaisy wrote:We don't know that yet Llama. It mentions both Bea and Vomps in that post as still being in the gas chamber. I suspect it was a tie.
this x1000
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 127

Post by birdwithteeth11 »

RIP no one. Although based on the night post, it sounds like it might be bea or Vomps. We'll find out I guess.
bea wrote:btw - 10 - 1 a) if you guys lynch teefies - he'll be on the creeper team or b) he'll go after devin next. :D
1) I won't be on the creeper team. I'll be revealed as a civvie.
2) I have no reason to go after Devin. I think he's a terribly misguided civvie.

@Devin: Say I were to be lynched and revealed to be a civvie. Where would you look next?

Linki: Exactly. It probably means Zodac will be deciding between the two of them.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Did you read the last page or so of posts after you voted? It might be a good thing if you did.
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

timmer wrote:
bea wrote:

I had no idea it was BDH, I'm bad for remembering small details like that for various reasons. But I'm always more swayed by a case than by a "trust me". Epi says "trust me" about Eloh all the time. Lots of people do it even when they dont live together "I know their baddie game" etc. But since when are such statements foolproof? Since when does "I'm reading body language" or whatever get to play a part in mafia? I simply trust Nevs case more than a trust me, its nothing shocking?

the problem here is that you specifically asked for his opinion and when he gave it - and all the reasons why he gave it - you are dismissing them.

you asked for his opinon because we were all on a baddie team together. In hindsite I'm sure his play in Homestar makes more sense. In terms of this game - why was his opinion so important seconds before you voted, then after you voted those opinions didn't matter any more?
Mongoose
Your Neighborhood Friendly Mongoose
Posts in topic: 328
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
Aka: Alison

Post by Mongoose »

S~V~S wrote:
Mongoose wrote:
S~V~S wrote:Depending on how this comes out, i will have some serious eyeballs for those that heard a srs opinion on someones game, and voted anyhow.
Indeed, and I don't think it's going to end well.
Your pensive mongoose avi cracks me up every time i see it :D
Thanks! That's probably how I actually look come results time too.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

thellama73 wrote:I guess we know why Bea was asking to be lynched now. She can't be.
you are wrong. and I will most likely be lynched. I hope. I really really hope.

I know "martell blah blah blah" -

but I'm very vulerable and I most certianly can be lynched and will likely be soon.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Spacedaisy wrote:We don't know that yet Llama. It mentions both Bea and Vomps in that post as still being in the gas chamber. I suspect it was a tie.
Ties are resolved by Zodac. There still should have been a lynch, as Nev has pointed out numerous times in reference to me.

bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

birdwithteeth11 wrote:RIP no one. Although based on the night post, it sounds like it might be bea or Vomps. We'll find out I guess.
bea wrote:btw - 10 - 1 a) if you guys lynch teefies - he'll be on the creeper team or b) he'll go after devin next. :D
1) I won't be on the creeper team. I'll be revealed as a civvie.
2) I have no reason to go after Devin. I think he's a terribly misguided civvie.

@Devin: Say I were to be lynched and revealed to be a civvie. Where would you look next?

Linki: Exactly. It probably means Zodac will be deciding between the two of them.
why then? why have you not addressed any of my concerns? or have you missed them? or have I missed your replies? linkie me back please if I've missed something because you've set off alarm bells for me from the beginning and I keep missing why I *shouldn't* think you are bad.

and also - you're willing to see devin as misguided why wouldn't I be misguided? I've been trying to give you the BOTD the whole way through the game. Devin's been pretty insistent that you are bad.
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

Bea, I'm always wanting to hear what someone has to say before I vote, but bdh didn't post in time. But now that I know what he had to say, its not the kind of thing I put much credence in. I just don't do "trust me".
My siggie.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

timmer wrote:I just don't do "trust me".
Freudian slip! Everybody kill timmer!

S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

thellama73 wrote:
Ties are resolved by Zodac. There still should have been a lynch, as Nev has pointed out numerous times in reference to me.
Yes Nevin points out all manner of positive things in reference to you. I think Daisys point was that since it was tied, we have no way of knowing who, if, anyone, was bad. And making that presumption as if it were fact tends to be, IMO, something baddies do.
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

thellama73 wrote:
I have run games with mechanics where outcomes are dependent upon another role. It usually requires a delay in order to work. I will believe no one was lynched once this night period is past and neither of them die. Remember how Robert's game worked? Lynches all happened at night, correct? I will reserve judgement on this until the night is over.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 174

Post by Hedgeowl »

Isn't the other possibility that if Vomps is Jack, that Grady used his second lynch stop? This is exactly the result I expected actually and I definitely plan to vote Vomps tomorrow.
Turnip Head wrote: We need to lynch Pennsylvania Bitch.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

Does anyone have the final vote order? Was it a true tie? If it wasn't, then whoever had the greater number of votes was bailed out by Rumple which makes whoever had the greater number of votes that much more likely to be a baddie.
My siggie.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

S~V~S wrote:I think Daisys point was that since it was tied, we have no way of knowing who, if, anyone, was bad.
MovingPictures07 wrote:Who is trying to kill MacGyver?

Poll runs till Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:30:36 pm

bea
timmer (6), Boomslang (11), blindfaeth (13), thellama73 (14), Flyin' High (17), Nevinera (19), Vompatti (21), birdwithteeth11 (22) 33%

Vompatti
DharmaHelper (7), DFaraday (10), Hedgeowl (15), Mongoose (16), juliets (20), bea (23), Spacedaisy (24) 29%
It wasn't tied! SVS lied! She told a lie! She is a lying liar! Oh my goodness what lies she tells! Lynch the liar!

S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

See, it's stuff like this that gets you lynched all the time.
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

thellama73 wrote:
timmer wrote:I just don't do "trust me".
Freudian slip! Everybody kill timmer!
:noble:
My siggie.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

S~V~S wrote:See, it's stuff like this that gets you lynched all the time.
Not fun, is it?

S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Not even comparable either, is it?
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

If it really was Bea 8, Vomps 7, this adds more weight to the Bea is Martell case. Rumpy voted for Vomp.
My siggie.
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

timmer? who is rumpy??? how did you come to that conculusion?
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

S~V~S wrote:Not even comparable either, is it?
It is exactly the same thing. You made a mistake, and I called you a liar. I made a mistake and you called me one. Relentlessly, I might add. If you can continually assert that I lied about not seeing the word "orange" in a PM, why can't I assert you are willfully trying to mislead people about the poll result? Both are easily found out by third parties.

S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

No, you intentionally flouted a curse. how do i know this? I just know it, lol.

Again, it is posts like this taht make you look bad.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

It's a little strange that both timmer and Hedgeowl are assuming Vomps ended up with the most votes based on absolutely nothing. The simplest answer is that Bea is one of the unlynchable roles or one with a lynch stop. It perfectly explains her vote begging.

thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

S~V~S wrote:No, you intentionally flouted a curse. how do i know this? I just know it, lol.

You intentionally lied about the poll. I KNOW it.

Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

thellama73 wrote:It's a little strange that both timmer and Hedgeowl are assuming Vomps ended up with the most votes based on absolutely nothing. The simplest answer is that Bea is one of the unlynchable roles or one with a lynch stop. It perfectly explains her vote begging.
But where does Thomas fit in? If he's still alive. I can't make the math work.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

thellama73 wrote:
S~V~S wrote:No, you intentionally flouted a curse. how do i know this? I just know it, lol.

No, Not like you intentionally lied about the curse. Think about what i am saying. REALLY think about it.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Mongoose wrote:
thellama73 wrote:It's a little strange that both timmer and Hedgeowl are assuming Vomps ended up with the most votes based on absolutely nothing. The simplest answer is that Bea is one of the unlynchable roles or one with a lynch stop. It perfectly explains her vote begging.
But where does Thomas fit in? If he's still alive. I can't make the math work.
Maybe he voted for bea. Maybe he voted for BWT.

timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

I believe this will all become clear with the night post. The way it was worded suggested a tie, imo. I suspect Zodac will make a decision here. And since I believe the bea is Martell case, I believe Rumpy bailed her out. If night ends with no Zodac lynch choice, I'll reevaluate.
My siggie.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

S~V~S wrote:
thellama73 wrote:

No, Not like you intentionally lied about the curse. Think about what i am saying. REALLY think about it.
I honestly have no idea what you are talking about. You cannot know the inside of my mind, so you cannot know whether I lied or made an innocent mistake. It is impossible. And once more for the record, I did not.

Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

So, who likes cake? I like cake. Eloh makes delicious looking cake.

Let's all take a minute and breathe and think about cake.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Mongoose wrote:So, who likes cake? I like cake. Eloh makes delicious looking cake.

Let's all take a minute and breathe and think about cake.
No! Rarr!

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”