Boomslang
35%

Total votes: 23
Lizzy
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 159

Re: [DAY 8] The Syndicate's 2013 Game of Champions

Post by Lizzy »

Nevinera wrote:I definitely feel good about SVS, FH, Lizzy, and now Bea.
I don't have any suspects aside from Llama now.
Epi was probably bad, so you shouldn't suspect BWT for voting for him.
Same 'feel good about' list for as well. Wasn't too sure about FH, but I trust you on this one. You're also on btw. :hugs:

Two question about that Rumpleschnitzel and his 'magic word'. Are his teammates allowed to use it to double their votes, since they know it and it's not exactly fair?:P If the word is used twice or thrice or whatever, does it make the vote worth more or just the same as if it were used only once?
Lizzy
Drug Dealer

Post by Lizzy »

Oh and Devin! My NK! Ask Grady! :p
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 174

Post by Hedgeowl »

Flyin' High wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Rumpelstiltskin - [Grimm's Fairy Tales] – Loves wreaking havoc around the kingdom. Every night, Rumplestiltskin will pick a word to be the "magic word" the following day. If someone says the "magic word", then their vote will be worth twice as much as normal.
I was hoping to get clarification on something. The way I read Rumple's role is that anyone who says the "magic word" has their vote become twice as normal. So for instance, if Thomas happened to say the magic word, his vote would be worth 6 instead of 3. Is that correct? Or is it Rumple's vote alone that is doubled?

Because some people are saying that Rumple must have voted for Vompatti to make it a tie, but the way I'm reading it, anyone who said the word would have had their vote doubled which could have caused the tie.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hedgeowl's list inspired me to do my own mini-list.

The people I have no read on are blindfaeth, Boomslang, DFaraday, and Elohcin.

The people on my question list are birdwithteeth, Devin, Hedgeowl, juliets, Mongoose, spacedaisy, and Timmer.

The person on my feel quite positive he's not a civvie list is thellama.

Everyone else I feel decent enough about at this moment in time.

Random thoughts:
I read back through spacedaisy's posts and keep returning to this one in particular:
Spacedaisy wrote:Ok...

I need to put on some socks because my feet are cold. Then I will finish this post.

Done. Now, onto my thoughts. As soon as I read the NP it read to me as though Nev were the target, and obviously the result was SVS died instead, considering there were two kills from a team that only should have gotten one. However, Alex just explicitly said that he would not write in redirected NKs so I feel a bit kerflummoxed about what that was about.

I think You Know Who has made it pretty obvious that he is Media. Of that I have no question.

What interests me is the fact that Epi has gone, BUT NO, LET'S NOT LYNCH HIM! WHAT ABOUT ZODAC? And then turned around and said, EPIPHANY! If he created chaos he can't be saved by Zodac! And then did a 180 and said, BUT NO, LET'S NOT LYNCH HIM! WHAT ABOUT ZODAC? Having trouble making up your mind there Epi?

I think You Know Who is blatantly lying out his ass in order to save it. He will continue to cause us difficulties until dealt with so I see no reason not to vote him today.

*votes*
As Nev and DH both already mentioned, the way SD mentions her feet being cold and needing to put on socks seems very out of place in her post. And I can't shake the feeling that it's "magic word" related. SD was among the Vomps voters yesterday so that keeps on on the list of people who could have had a doubled vote leading to the tie. I don't get much of a read one way or another on SD--the only thing that really stood out to me is that she thought Epi was bad and voted for him twice.

On to another subject--people who voted to rezz Kate. The list can be narrowed down further now.
Mongoose
bea - civvie
Epignosis - killed by incineration
thellama73 - narrowed down to roles that aren't on Video Game Killers
Spacedaisy
Devin the Omniscient
birdwithteeth11
juliets
Vompatti - Jack Torrence
Bullzeye/Timmer
AceofSpaces - Mr. Ibis

Anyway, I feel like I need to fine-tune my thoughts because there are too many question marks for me at the moment.
Thats a really good question about Rumple and the word. It definitekly changes Nev's analysis about certain words as well. You would want to use a word that would be more unusual and others might not use as much if it did add votes for all of us. It might be worth looking at posts from all of the vomps voters, but that will take some time.

Supper seems a likely choice whereas "specific" would not. ALthough since we often refer to MP as sock that seems an odd one to use as well. Why not refer to Sock instead of talking about actaully socks?
Turnip Head wrote: We need to lynch Pennsylvania Bitch.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 282
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

If I need to address questions, please remember to address your questions directly to me; that way I know whether it is a question for me or to other players. Just a reminder.

Also, busy season is about ready to start truly kicking my ass. I will still have time to host, but I may have even less time than I already do to pop on, so if I don't answer something for quite some time, I apologize in advance, and I will still try to get to things as soon/often as I can.
Lizzy
Drug Dealer

Post by Lizzy »

:sigh: fine...

Mr. Sock Host,
Lizzy wrote: Two question about that Rumpleschnitzel and his 'magic word'. Are his teammates allowed to use it to double their votes, since they know it and it's not exactly fair?:P If the word is used twice or thrice or whatever, does it make the vote worth more or just the same as if it were used only once?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 282
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Lizzy wrote::sigh: fine...

Mr. Sock Host,
Lizzy wrote: Two question about that Rumpleschnitzel and his 'magic word'. Are his teammates allowed to use it to double their votes, since they know it and it's not exactly fair?:P If the word is used twice or thrice or whatever, does it make the vote worth more or just the same as if it were used only once?
Yes and no (just the same), respectively.
Mongoose
Your Neighborhood Friendly Mongoose
Posts in topic: 328
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
Aka: Alison

Post by Mongoose »

@ Host -

How would Rump's Magic Word theoretically work for Thomas with his triple voting power? Would it count as 6?
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Nevinera
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 307

Post by Nevinera »

Hedgeowl wrote: Thats a really good question about Rumple and the word. It definitekly changes Nev's analysis about certain words as well. You would want to use a word that would be more unusual and others might not use as much if it did add votes for all of us. It might be worth looking at posts from all of the vomps voters, but that will take some time.

Supper seems a likely choice whereas "specific" would not. ALthough since we often refer to MP as sock that seems an odd one to use as well. Why not refer to Sock instead of talking about actaully socks?
No, that's what I assumed for my analysis.
And if it was naturally in someone's posting style anyway, that would be an excellent reason for them to choose it ;-)

You're welcome to try to pry additional leads out of that type of analysis,
but I didn't find much aside from the short list I presented before,
which is now clearly inaccurate.
timmer
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 110

Post by timmer »

the secret word makes
Anyones vote worth double?!?
This needs a rethink.
My siggie.
Flyin' High
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 129

Post by Flyin' High »

Thanks for asking those Rumple questions and thanks for the answers, MP!
Hedgeowl wrote:Thats a really good question about Rumple and the word. It definitekly changes Nev's analysis about certain words as well. You would want to use a word that would be more unusual and others might not use as much if it did add votes for all of us. It might be worth looking at posts from all of the vomps voters, but that will take some time.

If SD was using a magic word in that odd post, perhaps the word wasn't socks but was cold or feet?

Anyway, the fact that we haven't seen lynches where someone who had a lot less votes in the poll gets lynched, then I think it's safe to assume we haven't had a lot of people running around with double votes. So I think whatever magic words have been used, they probably haven't been that common.
ImageImage

Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

Right! So they wouldn't want to use anything too esoteric (e.g. platypus or synergy) but nothing too commonplace to mafia or how normal people talk (e.g. ping or suspicion) either because they wouldn't want the rest of us inadvertently gaining double vote power.

I think OT posts and phrases would be a good place to hide the "magic words."
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 373

Post by DharmaHelper »

This is some interesting Rumpelations. I will certainly have to consider it. Hmm
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

I tried finding the
Magic words but failed at it
Best to think on lynch.

Deadline is coming
To vote, so my suspect is
Mainly thellama.

Surviving lynches
Is not very civ seeming
In this game, I'd say.

Plus thellama is
Acting weird today and seems
A bit too twitchy.

Does anyone have
Better? I'm also a bit
Pinged by bird with teeth.
My siggie.
Nevinera
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Nevinera »

I don't think I'll be free again before poll-close.
I still don't have anyone solid to vote for, and I still see some gain from lynching llama, either way.
Votes for llama.
Nevinera
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Nevinera »

Flyin' High wrote: thellama73 - narrowed down to roles that aren't on Video Game Killers
I'm not sure I'm interpreting your strike correctly, but why can't llama be Fetus again?
DFaraday
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 54

Post by DFaraday »

Nevinera wrote:
Flyin' High wrote: thellama73 - narrowed down to roles that aren't on Video Game Killers
I'm not sure I'm interpreting your strike correctly, but why can't llama be Fetus again?
I would also like to know this, because Llama is the guy I'm thinking of today.

As for the rest, Nev, Bea, BDH, and DH have seemed civvie to me. I feel like this is probably civvie FH too.

I'm up in the air about BWT still, but he hasn't actually been doing anything shady, so I'd rather go with Llama.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

I feel pretty good about a llama vote, but I feel there are some baddies flying UTR. I think we need a nice troller dog to flush those baddies out of the bush.

Bad analogy time is now over.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
BigDamnHero
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 152

Post by BigDamnHero »

@timmer: I think trying to find Rump's magic words is a tough task as almost anything can look like a pattern (see Nev's previous theory). It might be possible, however, to look at the voting patterns on even days in correlation to the Pirrahna Plant attacks. For example , if PP chose a low vote number, the team may want to vote earlier to avoid getting killed and vice versus if PP chose a high number.

back to da job :(
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Lizzy
Drug Dealer

Post by Lizzy »

Getting Jack was incredibly lucky, thanks to either Thomas or the Manipulators, or both. So if it had not been for those fortunate circumstances, that would have been a wasted day k. I still stand by what I said about DH, Goosey or Hedge.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Lizzy wrote:Getting Jack was incredibly lucky, thanks to either Thomas or the Manipulators, or both. So if it had not been for those fortunate circumstances, that would have been a wasted day k. I still stand by what I said about DH, Goosey or Hedge.

It's incredibly difficult for you to admit I was right isn't it. :P

ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 161
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Re: [DAY 7] The Syndicate's 2013 Game of Champions

Post by juliets »

Spacedaisy wrote:Ok, I just read ten pages at 40 pp and there is this scene playing in my head from Chicago. I feel like I should be singing "give 'em the old Razzle Dazzle..." This day period has felt like a three ring circus. There are two distinct groups pulling in two different directions. SVS, Bea and BDH are kind of grouped together and pointing at Llama and Nev. Nev and Llama are pointing at Bea. And then you have DH coming in with this Vomps stuff. It just seems like a lot of confusion. I liked Nev's word analysis. But I am hearing SVS and what I am hearing is not, "I suspect, I believe" It is "I know." She would not be saying that if she did not know. I also believe BDH believes Bea is Civ. and yes I think he would know her well enough to know how to read her a lot better than me. And I originally thought she was bad until she was targeted for a NK. I have a waffled a lot on her so this has been tough. Also, I don't understand the logic of killing Bea if you believe she is Martell. If she is, we have no way of knowing it for certain. Why is she the logical choice from your group of three that emerged in the word analysis? I'm just not understanding.

Vomps... DH surprised me with that one. To be honest it seems the most like desperate attempt to distract. (It was DH who brought this us, was it not? Stuff melds together when reading ten pages in one sitting.) anyone can copy and paste. To say that it looks like Vomps because of that seems like a HUGE stretch. And Vomps seems like an easy target to me.

Arg. I don't know if Vomps is bad, but I don't like the case against him. But I have a bad feeling about the way this lynch has gone and particularly about the idea of lynching Bea so I am going to cast a vote on Vomps and see how the chips fall.
Spacedaisy, going back through your posts I stumbled on this one again. So much was happening during that lynch I didn't even notice that you said this until re-reading you. You seem to really not want to vote for Vomps - everything you said was about not voting for him. Yet you vote for him. Wasn't there anyone else you at least had a ping about that you could have voted? It just seems odd.

I want to hear what Daisy has to say about the socks/cold/feet and her explanation here before I would consider voting for her, so I may very well vote llama today.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Lizzy
Drug Dealer

Post by Lizzy »

DH - You were right. Why should it be difficult for me to admit it? It's all there. However, this does not necessarily make you good. :mafia:
Flyin' High
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Flyin' High »

Nevinera wrote:
That was a case of me confusing myself (and why I shouldn't try to mafia with a headache :blush: ). So yeah, undo that particular comment and strike from the list.
ImageImage

blindfaeth
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 48

Post by blindfaeth »

Ive stayed caught up while at work todsu and since ryan and i are hanging w friends this is my only opportunity to vote. Didnt look like we had great discussion today, i think llamas our best bet so ill throw my vote there.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Lizzy wrote:DH - You were right. Why should it be difficult for me to admit it? It's all there. However, this does not necessarily make you good. :mafia:
I just like hearing it :P

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Going to vote llama as that's the best suspect out of what little has been discussed today. I have a busy afternoon so voting in advance.

ImageImage
ImageImage
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 229

Post by thellama73 »

Is this the end of Rico? No time to catch up today. Busy day at work. I'm going to go ahead and vote for DH because he is bad and he already has a vote so it decreases my chances of dying slightly.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Draconus
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 241

Post by Draconus »

Lizzy gurl, convince me to vote for DH. You have 1 hour. Aaaaaaaaaand... GO! :dance:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

"Modular forms and elliptic curves! Infinite fire revolving around infinite parallels fractals of infinite reality, each cascading, gliding in an infinite wheel. Tell me the true nature of my reality!"
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Devin the Omniscient wrote:Lizzy gurl, convince me to vote for DH. You have 1 hour. Aaaaaaaaaand... GO! :dance:
Can I convince you to not? :P

ImageImage
ImageImage
Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

You can try :p

"Modular forms and elliptic curves! Infinite fire revolving around infinite parallels fractals of infinite reality, each cascading, gliding in an infinite wheel. Tell me the true nature of my reality!"
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

There are far better suspects and cases floating out there for one thing. For another thing, I've done my darndest in analyzing a number of suspects and on top of that I snuffed out Jack. I'm actively contributing to the civ cause whereas others aren't.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

I'm quite undecided right now. I feel like a llama vote would be pointless but if there's nothing else for me to go on...
So, I'm just looking for ideas before actually voting.

I would vote for bird again, but it gets lonely up there by myself... I miss Russti.

linki: which is why I'm not likely to end up voting for you today. :)

DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Making me all worried n shit when I should be doing homework.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

DharmaHelper wrote:Making me all worried n shit when I should be doing homework.
:hug:

Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

Anyone else notice that bea is off the pole again? Lol.

Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

Voting The Lamer '73
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 161
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

Devin the Omniscient wrote:Anyone else notice that bea is off the pole again? Lol.
Wasn't that Ibis who took people off the poll and isn't he dead?

Anyway, I will go ahead and cast my vote for llama. I noticed Daisy was here for awhile but did not answer the questions in the thread. Maybe she was at work or didnt have time but it did notch my pings up a little. I want a chance for her to explain though so i won't put a vote that way today.

*votes llama*
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 127

Post by birdwithteeth11 »

I agree with the general consensus on llama. Regardless of whether or not he dies, it almost definitively tells us who he is. Voting him now because I won't have any more time until after the poll ends. Sorry I couldn't compete in your challenge, Homestar! I just barely have the time to keep up with this game, let alone do a major posting challenge. :(
Flyin' High
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Flyin' High »

*Voted the Llama*
ImageImage

bea
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 344
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Post by bea »

Ok. It looks like llama then.

Thank you whoever keeps taking me off the poll. I didn't notice till Devin pointed it out.

Waiting on bus number 2 to get me home now. :)
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!
BigDamnHero
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 152

Post by BigDamnHero »

Isn't BEA off cuz she technically died?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 327

Post by S~V~S »

Short and sweet still not home, voting Llama.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

BigDamnHero wrote:Isn't BEA off cuz she technically died?
I wouldn't think so. This is the 2nd time she's been off the pole this game. Someone's protecting her.

Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

Well nothing I can do now. *votes llama*

Flyin' High
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Flyin' High »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Day 8: bea's Anti-Suicide

The voice looked at bea's poor corpse.

"Poor motherfucker... committed suicide and everything. CHAMPIONS DO NOT COMMIT SUICIDE!!!!!!" it declared. But there was nothing it could do about it.

YET nonetheless, something happened. She began breathing. She was back!

The voice was shocked.

bea has been resurrected. She is still ????????.

It is still Day 8.
bea was rezzed Day 8 (after night was over) so that's why she's off the poll.
ImageImage

timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

I voted thellama
nothing else matters I'd say
hope you are bad, man.
My siggie.
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 229

Post by thellama73 »

For the record, I didn't lie about my curse.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Boomslang
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 73

Post by Boomslang »

I inky audibility streetwalker clientship you tedge about you lucific investigating conjuring iDave conceivable civillian simpering. Got forbearing vote, and nothing's letter suitable mind. *Votes Llama*
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 58

Post by Elohcin »

*voted llama*
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

thellama73 wrote:For the record, I didn't lie about my curse.
I know. I'm very sorry that my post led to that assumption about you.

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”