HOSTS ONLY OPTION
33%

Total votes: 6
Evenstar
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 157

Re: Inception [Subconscious Phase 2]

Post by Evenstar »

... if 112 is town, then Epi could still be a scum wagon.

... and he hasn't checked back into the thread since he dumped all his night stuff on us.

... and he said he wouldn't...
Epignosis wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 12:18 am I'm going to bed. I will not be available until evening tomorrow.

Please someone copy my stuff. Let others see it if I don't wake up.
... is this

literally

my qualifier scumgame

post giant walls, don't reply to criticism, let everyone assume no scum would ever do that much work?

the appeal to "please save my work" smells deeply of LAMIST to me

"look at all this I've done, don't let it be lost"

did I get pocketed?

[mention]Pawn Lelouch[/mention] give me a second pair of eyes here I'm having a crisis of confidence
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 102

Post by 112 »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 3:39 pm
112 wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 3:09 pm i understand ethics is not a science, but does it spark an idea in anyone if i call it the applied science of the Will?
It sparks disagreement or I’ve just been whooshed.
i don't mean ethics=applied science(Will) in the literal sense that it can be reduced to the application of empirically-verified scientific principles of the Will. The Will, by all definitions I know of it, is supposedly outside of the normal laws of cause and effect, and there thereby can't be any science of it in the traditional sense. To say it's an applied science with a literal implication would be nonsense.

I guess I just went through a lot of my life understanding ethics to be in the very theoretical realm; but I've recently been understanding it more as something that must be applied in some way to make any sense of itself. If there is a purpose in studying ethics, it follows that there must be sense in applying it; and there's no other means to apply it than through the application of the Will, no?

iaafr, help me out here.
iaafr
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 271
Preferred Pronouns: any/especially "big chungus iaafr"

Post by iaafr »

iaafr wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 3:44 pm spiny slot is lock clear for early treatment of Nutella, me, 112, drago btw

but she's not in this day
treatment of Eva too

you'll all see it if the d1 thread ever resurfaces

she's like exceedingly obviously clear
sprityo
The Turncoat
Posts in topic: 30
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by sprityo »

Lady LambdaDelta wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 2:40 am Just a reminder that she's been dead the whole time <3
Don't remind me, she's my favorite
Epignosis wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 11:46 pm You all are terrible at this.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ColinIsCool
Hitman
Posts in topic: 55

Post by ColinIsCool »

iaafr wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 3:42 pm
ColinIsCool wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 3:40 pm
iaafr wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 3:38 pm now Colin's crutching on godfather shit too
Meaning?
I don't know maybe I'm just getting unduly overly pinged by it but I feel like both you and radishes keep mentioning the godfather being lynched in a way that makes it seem like a bigger deal than it was
I guess I am sheeping Radishes’ logic there but it feels pretty sound to me. If it was scum v scum 112 v Drago I don’t think there’s a mafia role more powerful/worth keeping than godfather. Somebody brought up the point that maybe Drago was too cooked to protect further and yeah, that’d be true ... if he weren’t the godfather.
iaafr
Racketeer

Post by iaafr »

investigatives can't claim in this setup!!!!! the biggest potential payoff of a godfather is a single slot hard defending for no apparent reason!!!
Evenstar
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Evenstar »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 3:42 pm
Evenstar wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 3:14 pm Jackofhearts2005 I'm still waiting on those reads.
What, the missing ones?

I’m up to here but I’m probably still missing players and at least ifaar says he deserves a new look if my read on him is based on his early posts, which it is.

Town
Nutella
Mac
Epi
Creature

Maybe town
Benson
Eva
Michelle
Sprityo
Boopiny

Null
Nova
Quin
DF
Juliets
LC
Pawn
Tony
TL

Maybe scum
Nanook
Vanity

Scum vote pool
Radishes
Ifaar
oh for crying out loud

name two alive players you read similarly to Epignosis and two alive players you read similarly to Nova
iaafr
Racketeer

Post by iaafr »

why do people think godfather is such a good role I don't get it it's a shit role
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

iaafr wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 3:47 pm investigatives can't claim in this setup!!!!! the biggest potential payoff of a godfather is a single slot hard defending for no apparent reason!!!
Oh, really? Hm. Yeah that’s fair then.
Loan Shark

Post by 112 »

Evenstar wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 3:36 pm
112 wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 3:33 pm 112 - town
Dom - I haven't particularly liked anything I've seen here, but I've also not read this slot extensively and don't have the liberty of checking D1 again. Entirely within my list of suspects.
Epignosis - posting quantity without quality in regards to ISOs and a D1 list I seem to recall. Was on my wagon, which could be NAI in a lot of ways but also doesn't serve as a good look for him.
Evenstar - I think I'm jiving with her a lot, and her shifts in thought seem genuine. Powerwolf candidate but not exactly where I want to look right now- something tells me she'll self-solve if we leave her alone, although I recognize the dangers there.
iaafr - I talked about him in my last post.
Jackofhearts2005 - I think there's a lot of agenda that can be inferred from his posts, although I haven't paid overly much attention to him (or anyone) and do recall posts of his that I've liked. I'd say he's within my suspect list.
Lady LambdaDelta - don't remember anything from her. sorry. this is my bad.
MacDougall - does not resemble himself in other games I've played with him, and I've only ever seen town Mac. I have gotten 'well, that can't be faked' vibes from some of his posts, but I'm gonna be honest and say I wouldn't be surprised if he flips wolf.
Master Radishes - I'll take a good look at him and make my own post here. I've played over 100 games with him as he's said- I am going to focus my energy here and help everyone else get a very good idea of how to read him and what his contributions this game say when weighed against my knowledge of his metas.
Michelle - leaning town? lol
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME - see: michelle
novaselinenever - don't remember any posts from exactly, but remember being pinged by things they've posted. could be scum.
Pawn Lelouch - i'd lean town. ask eva. and ask pawn about eva. i guess.
Quin - don't remember any posts from.
Rej / ColinIsCool - probably scum
sprityo - idk
... 112 could be town???

please explain why you've been so harsh this game if you're town, gal

your tone is way off
mycological research
iaafr
Racketeer

Post by iaafr »

I'll get to the ethics = applied science of will line of thought later tonight
iaafr
Racketeer

Post by iaafr »

ColinIsCool wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 3:49 pm
iaafr wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 3:47 pm investigatives can't claim in this setup!!!!! the biggest potential payoff of a godfather is a single slot hard defending for no apparent reason!!!
pls spell out why you thought godfather was important role before
Evenstar
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Evenstar »

*blinks*

that

is significant

and says that 112 is almost certainly town

scum are not going to hard defend their godfather under these kinds of harsh anti-claim conditions

aight who pushed the idea of the Godfather first they scum
iaafr
Racketeer

Post by iaafr »

Evenstar wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 3:53 pm
*blinks*

that

is significant

and says that 112 is almost certainly town

scum are not going to hard defend their godfather under these kinds of harsh anti-claim conditions

aight who pushed the idea of the Godfather first they scum
radishes
iaafr
Racketeer

Post by iaafr »

radishes, who has been foremost pushing you on that logic

lmao
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

iaafr wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 3:52 pm
ColinIsCool wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 3:49 pm
pls spell out why you thought godfather was important role before
Because the Godfather role typically has big protections that other scum don’t — protections that enable them to survive longer. Fooling cops is one but there are often more like being unkillable to some extent. I guess I don’t know if there was more to it than that but I have been assuming there had been, which would make them valuable, which would make them unlikely to be the last-minute-lynch-pile target from teammates.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 131
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

112 wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 3:45 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 3:39 pm
112 wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 3:09 pm i understand ethics is not a science, but does it spark an idea in anyone if i call it the applied science of the Will?
It sparks disagreement or I’ve just been whooshed.
i don't mean ethics=applied science(Will) in the literal sense that it can be reduced to the application of empirically-verified scientific principles of the Will. The Will, by all definitions I know of it, is supposedly outside of the normal laws of cause and effect, and there thereby can't be any science of it in the traditional sense. To say it's an applied science with a literal implication would be nonsense.

I guess I just went through a lot of my life understanding ethics to be in the very theoretical realm; but I've recently been understanding it more as something that must be applied in some way to make any sense of itself. If there is a purpose in studying ethics, it follows that there must be sense in applying it; and there's no other means to apply it than through the application of the Will, no?

iaafr, help me out here.
No, cause free will is a lie.
I don’t actually care about determinism because we can’t test for it and it doesn’t matter unless you want to boil it down to “Is so and so someone I should hate for doing a thing or did they do a thing because they are fated to be an asshole and it isn’t their fault” and even if we somehow determined it was the later, then we’re just predetermined to be people who believe in determinism so we’re not even really having the conversation.

That is, determinism is a cop out for bad ethics or mistakes OR it’s irrelevant. There’s no world where you can evaluate that determinism is correct and live more ethically because of it.

Plus, I like to think that I’m driving and not in the passenger seat. It literally does nothing for me to pretend if I’m wrong unlike wishful thinking solutions to other existential crisises, like going to church if I’m an atheist, which has an opportunity cost. In fact, I can’t actually choose to believe in free will if free will doesn’t exist so if I’m wrong, you can’t judge me for it.

So yeah. Joke ruined.
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

112 wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 3:33 pm sprityo - idk
:srsnod:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Master Radishes
Hitman
Posts in topic: 85

Post by Master Radishes »

iaafr wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 3:09 pm
Master Radishes wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 3:08 pm Rabbit, your little bounce-around-scumreading-everyone thing is fine for D1, but we have half decent info now. I expected your thoughts would expand accordingly.

You're a perceptive player when you want to be and I respect that. Why do you call my analysis agendaed and distorted? Just because you disagree?
yes.

also most of that info disappeared so I can't access it directly, only with memories.

but yes the emphasis on the godfather role feels unnatural to the point of wolfy to me.
iaafr wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 3:42 pm
ColinIsCool wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 3:40 pm
iaafr wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 3:38 pm now Colin's crutching on godfather shit too
Meaning?
I don't know maybe I'm just getting unduly overly pinged by it but I feel like both you and radishes keep mentioning the godfather being lynched in a way that makes it seem like a bigger deal than it was
You're mis-representing me here, Rabbit. I brought it up once, I think - maybe twice but the second time was following up from the first. It wasn't a big factor in my EoD analysis. Scum is scum, and Drago was scum.

And anyway, I'm used to thinking of the Godfather as a pretty important role. I didn't consider the lack of claims because that's completely new to me and it slipped my mind that it was a part of this setup. I haven't brought it up since you pointed that out, I don't think.

If that's really the main reason you're scumreading me then I don't know what to tell you - it was a minor point I made that you pointed out the flaw in, and I have not 'kept mentioning it' like you claim.
Loan Shark

Post by 112 »

I read through a bit of MR's ISO, and he's playing a very good game if he's scum.

Usually what happens with him is that his posts read fine as you're going through the thread or in real-time, but when you isolate them it becomes much more apparent that his tone is somewhat mucky in the transitions/(al) phrases, he's not genuine in his questions, scum-hunting and theories, and he's not acting in a thoroughly intelligent manner.

I have some pause with his vote breakdown- almost read to me as though he was a wolf spewing me town, but general sentiments of what i've read to now are that he's likely town.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Catwithanewspaper.jpg

I should take an ethics class.
So I can make my high horse even higher.
Evenstar
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Evenstar »

Epignosis wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 8:08 pm Game isn't until 8:08, so I have ten minutes.
Master Radishes wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 6:20 pm
Epignosis
Voted many hours before EoD – only reason I could see was in a later readslist: “Eh. Would lynch. (Great start, right?)”
Was around at EoD and barely engaged with the Drago/112 wagons – didn’t even vote Drago to self-preserve when he was briefly the counter-wagon to Drago

Conclusion: Suspicious
As far as I remember, my vote went there for no real reason at all. Reasons developed later. One big one for me was that 112 voted for me based on something he said- not something I said- and framed it as though it made me guilty. That's trash. That's trying to keep his hands clean voting for someone nobody was really talking about. Don't believe me? 112 ended up on Trustworthy Liberal- someone nobody was really talking about.

Bear in mind that if I'm bad, I am not letting my godfather get lynched Day 1. I know that might not mean anything to you since you do not know me, but when I am on a mafia team, I try to make optimal, coordinated decisions and not drop the ball. Letting your godfather get lynched Day 1 is arguably the most sub-optimal thing you can do.

If 112 is Dragomir's teammate, it makes all the sense in the world to let himself (112) get lynched. That would preserve the godfather. 112 didn't have the thread presence to push anybody else, couldn't vote for himself (and maintain any credibility), and if he voted for Dragomir late, he would be surrendering his godfather with less hope that he could be spared. I wonder if 112's hands were tied.
This is the first mention of "Godfather" in the thread and it's a strong argument put forwards by Epignosis.

Epignosis is an experienced player and absolutely should have known better than to argue this given the anti-claim rules.

Epignosis is trying to distort Town's worldview and get 112 lynched.

Radishes and Pawn then picked up the godfather idea and ran with it, IIRC. They might not be scum but they sure as heck deserve sus points for that.

*goes to ctrl-f godfather through the entire thread*
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

iaafr wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 3:48 pm why do people think godfather is such a good role I don't get it it's a shit role
story time:

there was a closed setup i played where one of the mafia had a godfather but no one in the entire game had an investigative role

it served to basically confuse the mafia team foremost, and secondly confuse town if and when the godfather flip

basically the godfather=investigative role in play is not a valid argument im willing to see
Banners:
ImageImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Oh wait Boo is Spiney. I got that right earlier.
Master Radishes
Hitman

iaafr wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 3:26 pm I haven't been reading pages I missed

does anybody scumread epi other than lld
Since Evenstar brought my name up, let me reiterate: I think Epi fits into a scum!Eva world because I felt his analysis of her interaction with Drago was poor, and I think Epi's vote on 112 could potentially read as a scum voting slot based on how it went down. I'm not outright scumreading Epi, however. Overall I think his play has been fine.

Call him Null, or Null- perhaps.
Loan Shark

Post by 112 »

Master Radishes wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 4:02 pm

Since Evenstar brought my name up, let me reiterate: I think Epi fits into a scum!Eva world because I felt his analysis of her interaction with Drago was poor, and I think Epi's vote on 112 could potentially read as a scum voting slot based on how it went down. I'm not outright scumreading Epi, however. Overall I think his play has been fine.

Go listen to Irena Cara - Fame and let's solve this game together, get big, earn our millions, become some of the early legends, y'know?--the greatest duo of the early intradream mafia leagues. Greats. We'll name nicknames, road-safe vehicles, everything.
Loan Shark

Post by 112 »

have nicknames*
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

iaafr wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 3:37 pm note epi and Jack both have had notscummyatallreads on nutella the whole game

maybe lld had a point and I was just blinded by her exaggeration

epis activity pattern here possibly also nagl?
I’m so good at reading Nutella it isn’t even funny. Casually crushed her last two times she was scum and I was town. Correctly found her as a townie like eight games running, including games I just spectated half of.

She’s town.
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

Cool caught up, it was pretty good read for the first half then lld came in, iaafr got upset and mac started crazy posting, and epi also went and watched soccer or something

Splitting the pool in half gives me:
Dom
MacDougall
Epignosis
Master Radishes
Pawn Lelouch
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME

Evenstar
iaafr
Jackofhearts2005
Lady LambdaDelta
Michelle
novaselinenever
Quin
ColinIsCool

i'll be picking from the bottom half for my vote of course

Now onto Vote analysis-
Banners:
ImageImageImage
Evenstar
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Evenstar »

Pawn Lelouch wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 12:20 am
iaafr wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 12:10 am pawn wheres your needle on me rn

I keep getting vibes you're the TMI bussy scum in this game, any way for me to rule that out?
Also I doubt you'll believe self meta for obvious reasons but I lean far more on the Beck side of the scale. I bus only when I have to and I'm not going to constantly call out a teammate as scummy and vote them up when there are other wagons available.

Especially when they are the godfather. It doesn't matter if I think they're being sleazy, I can work with that, I've certainly worked with worse. I'm not going to throw away that mechanical advantage for any level of credit Day 1.
Pawn seems to agree that the godfather is highly valuable, and uses it to directly deflect suspicion from Iaafr.
Loan Shark

Post by 112 »

also mr what if eva's town
Evenstar
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Evenstar »

Michelle wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 2:26 am
iaafr wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 2:18 am
Michelle wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 2:17 am iaafr speculating about a mera he doesn't know a thing smh

self meta is trash. my MU profile has all my games, i had time to put links and alignaments until summer.

You as player can't read me and your read is so much based on meta?
hey

what are your reads

remember to abide by this gameday's rules

if youre listing scumreads you need to list 3+ without showing order between them
From the people in this thread
Evenstar may be scum because i suspected her previous day and she voted last (i think) for the counter wagon, no matter 112s AI she wanted to save her godfather if she is mafia
Nova is scummy and claimed scum. No need to say many words
LLD so complainy is nagl, i skimmed her Iso and saw her role playing as hydra of 4 (i doubt she is a real hydra)

so here i'm at. Ah and Rej's slot may be scum, but i have just 60% in that direction
Michelle uses "the godfather is valuable" to scumread me
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Evenstar wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 3:37 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 3:34 pm
iaafr wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 3:06 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 1:34 pm
112 wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 1:25 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 1:22 pm I’m right here, mongrel.
bro you have me, who's town, at the bottom of it, along with iaafr who's prolly town as well and MR who is likelier town than not

everyone scummy is in your null tier

gimme a break lol
I don’t have your role card and ifaar seems to be blatantly lying about how he treated Drago.

Case my null list if I should be scumreading these players.

Nova
Quin
DF
Juliets
LC
Pawn
yea but am I lying in a scummy way : brain:
BatmanTASeyesnarrow.gif
You're still here? And you still haven't gotten me those reads? :charlieblackmon:
I did? :shrug2:
Evenstar
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Evenstar »

Master Radishes wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 2:53 am
Epignosis wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 8:08 pm Game isn't until 8:08, so I have ten minutes.
Master Radishes wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 6:20 pm
Epignosis
Voted many hours before EoD – only reason I could see was in a later readslist: “Eh. Would lynch. (Great start, right?)”
Was around at EoD and barely engaged with the Drago/112 wagons – didn’t even vote Drago to self-preserve when he was briefly the counter-wagon to Drago

Conclusion: Suspicious
As far as I remember, my vote went there for no real reason at all. Reasons developed later. One big one for me was that 112 voted for me based on something he said- not something I said- and framed it as though it made me guilty. That's trash. That's trying to keep his hands clean voting for someone nobody was really talking about. Don't believe me? 112 ended up on Trustworthy Liberal- someone nobody was really talking about.

Bear in mind that if I'm bad, I am not letting my godfather get lynched Day 1. I know that might not mean anything to you since you do not know me, but when I am on a mafia team, I try to make optimal, coordinated decisions and not drop the ball. Letting your godfather get lynched Day 1 is arguably the most sub-optimal thing you can do.

If 112 is Dragomir's teammate, it makes all the sense in the world to let himself (112) get lynched. That would preserve the godfather. 112 didn't have the thread presence to push anybody else, couldn't vote for himself (and maintain any credibility), and if he voted for Dragomir late, he would be surrendering his godfather with less hope that he could be spared. I wonder if 112's hands were tied.
Thank you for the response, and I'm fine with your reasoning for voting 112. And obviously I agree with the rationale around preventing a Godfather lynch - hence why I'm so concerned about the last minute votes for 112 that smell like an attempt to save Drago. (Evenstar and Nova, that is.)

Re: third paragraph - I don't recall 112 being around at EoD, and their own wagon sprung up relatively quickly towards the end (it was floating around 2-3 votes, iirc, but only became a serious counter-wagon in the final, eh, 20-30 minutes or so). So I don't think there's much we can read into someone simply not being present.
Radish agrees strongly that "preventing a godfather lynch" was important.
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

I want to go over the "godfather is valuable" nonsense later and see who's blowing smoke and who actually believes in it

that's a task for tomorrow however seeing as it's past midnight and my brain is fried from doing Fear Factor (also my hands smell like fish and egg yolk)
Banners:
ImageImageImage
Master Radishes
Hitman

112 wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 4:05 pm

I've not actually dismissed that possibility. I tunneled a bit to start this day, but I did have a TR on her in D1 (but can't go back to confirm to myself why). She said something (I'm just in another tab looking for it now) that also made sense to me about her play today.

If Eva is town, immediately I think Nova is scum.

But tbh resolving you would be better. It could validate or invaldiate my whole line of thinking. Prove yourself town if you are, pls n thx.
Evenstar
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Evenstar »

Michelle wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 3:39 am if we think at gidfather's role as not being so important like Iaafr says then he was maybe bussed, and so we have to tinfoil later in the game his wagon. I would go for agenda-y players before this.

Based on Drago voting Mac i don't know if we can clear him and put him as lock town.

Maybe the godfather has a back up as green peek so Drago played bad on purpose.

I would take more notes too if i knew we cannot see the day 1 anymore, my notes are all until post 900 and after i gave up from lack of time.
I don't know if this is town openmindedness or TMI, but it's worth weighing into a Michelle read.
iaafr
Racketeer

Post by iaafr »

how's it a minor point if it's a key assumption in your eod analysis
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

iaafr wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 3:45 pm jack why is it you scumread radishes?

I scumread him pretty strongly rn
Cause his scumreads on Eva and Epi seem dishonest and his omgus on me feels forced. Please don’t ask me to point out specifics. I already did and Eva and Michelle keep asking me anyway and I don’t know what I’ll do if you follow suit.
Evenstar
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Evenstar »

Master Radishes wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 2:59 am
iaafr wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 2:54 am radishes my main issue with your EOD analysis is that you seem to be taking it for granted that scum thought saving dragomir would be a longterm good plan and worth conspicuously saving despite his apparently horrible standing which would imply he wouldnt last more than 2 more phases imo

seems like an agendaed assumption
The 112 counterwagon was a valid one, though - if 112 ended up lynched and flipped town, no one would point the finger at any one voter. 112 has been a viable scum candidate and we'd all shrug and move on.

As for Drago, there are plenty of valuable scum roles in the game, but surely the Godfather would be one worth saving if there's a chance?

I just don't see a scum attempt to prevent Drago's lynch as a risky move - if it had worked. And it nearly did. It was literally the last two minutes that Hyena and Long Con (I think) voted to lynch Drago.
Yeah Radishes is full of shit regarding "I wasn't pushing the Godfather thing."
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Godfather isn’t even a good role in a game you can’t claim in, especially when the op says godfathers might be in the game.
Loan Shark

Post by 112 »

Master Radishes wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 4:08 pm

I've not actually dismissed that possibility. I tunneled a bit to start this day, but I did have a TR on her in D1 (but can't go back to confirm to myself why). She said something (I'm just in another tab looking for it now) that also made sense to me about her play today.

But tbh resolving you would be better. It could validate or invaldiate my whole line of thinking. Prove yourself town if you are, pls n thx.
has nova sent any messages at this dream level? or are they not playing the semiotics game?

i think eva's town; so can you elaborate on the basis for this reverse-association between her and nova? what leads you to if:eva=t, nova=m?
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

I have original thoughts sometimes but I guess that last post wasn’t one of those times.
Loan Shark

Post by 112 »

112 wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 4:11 pm
Master Radishes wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 4:08 pm

has nova sent any messages at this dream level? or are they not playing the semiotics game?

i think eva's town; so can you elaborate on the basis for this reverse-association between her and nova? what leads you to if:eva=t, nova=m?
also, guy, i've been posting well lately. how am i not going through what resembles an early process of projecting alignment?
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Evenstar wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 3:48 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 3:42 pm
Evenstar wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 3:14 pm Jackofhearts2005 I'm still waiting on those reads.
What, the missing ones?

I’m up to here but I’m probably still missing players and at least ifaar says he deserves a new look if my read on him is based on his early posts, which it is.

Town
Nutella
Mac
Epi
Creature

Maybe town
Benson
Eva
Michelle
Sprityo
Boopiny

Null
Nova
Quin
DF
Juliets
LC
Pawn
Tony
TL

Maybe scum
Nanook
Vanity

Scum vote pool
Radishes
Ifaar
oh for crying out loud

name two alive players you read similarly to Epignosis and two alive players you read similarly to Nova
I already did, Chie.
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

[10] Dragomir - Benson, nutella, vanity., Long Con, Master Radishes, Hyena, Trustworthy Liberal, NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME, Pawn Lelouch, juliets
[7] 112 - Creature, Evenstar, TonyStarkPrime, novaselinenever, Elephant, Epignosis, Jackofhearts2005
[3] Evenstar - Texas Cloverleaf, sprityo, Quin
[2] Hyena - Dom, Michelle
[2] No Lynch - iaafr, boo
[1] Epignosis - MacDougall
[1] MacDougall - Dragomir
[1] nutella - Lady LambdaDelta
[1] Trustworthy Liberal - 112
No Vote: ColinIsCool, [Player #30 who im not gonna look up]

So this is MY color chart based on my two pools.

I'm my world, it looks like mafia favor the counter wagon as well as random 1 off votes.
Banners:
ImageImageImage
Loan Shark

Post by 112 »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 4:11 pm
I have original thoughts sometimes but I guess that last post wasn’t one of those times.
man original thoughts are cool.

you ever just have that conscious awareness that nobody's ever thought that same thought u just did?
Evenstar
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Evenstar »

Evenstar wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 12:38 pm
MacDougall wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 12:28 pm I dunno I tend to think that if it was left unsaid that most or at least a good portion of us would vote along similar lines if twas simply the objective to "vote for whomever you think is the most objectively scummy". If that person happens to be scum then voila.
- oh, you're betting that 112 is scum

... ohhhhhhhhh

- Yeah, Mac's right, the scum ought to be under significant pressure after the loss of their Godfather yesterday and are probably going to want to play conservatively rather than risk a second scum lynch in a row
It's worth noting I got caught out by this as well, which makes me feel a bit better about Pawn and Radishes because we're all not native to Syndicate. Still side-eyeing Michelle though: shouldn't she be used to this style of game?

It's also worth noting that Epignosis is a very long-time member of The Syndicate, where I am told that anti-claim rules like this are pretty standard. He should absolutely know better than this.
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

I leave you with my ideas on how to look at the votes, and bid you farewell for the night (Read: morning)
Banners:
ImageImageImage
Loan Shark

Post by 112 »

sprityo wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 4:13 pm [10] Dragomir - Benson, nutella, vanity., Long Con, Master Radishes, Hyena, Trustworthy Liberal, NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME, Pawn Lelouch, juliets
[7] 112 - Creature, Evenstar, TonyStarkPrime, novaselinenever, Elephant, Epignosis, Jackofhearts2005
[3] Evenstar - Texas Cloverleaf, sprityo, Quin
[2] Hyena - Dom, Michelle
[2] No Lynch - iaafr, boo
[1] Epignosis - MacDougall
[1] MacDougall - Dragomir
[1] nutella - Lady LambdaDelta
[1] Trustworthy Liberal - 112
No Vote: ColinIsCool, [Player #30 who im not gonna look up]

So this is MY color chart based on my two pools.

I'm my world, it looks like mafia favor the counter wagon as well as random 1 off votes.
ok, you can be town.

Return to “Inception: Adrift in Limbo”