79%

Total votes: 19
Ty4on
Posts in topic: 49
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Re: Inception [Subconscious Phase 3]

Post by Ty4on »

Creature wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 9:17 pm On the other hand I'm fairly angry
Hmmm, not sure if it’s the right time then to ask you what you look like as mafia. All I know is you’ve got a reputation of being mislynched as town, but you look pretty pure tonally here.
Ty4on

Post by Ty4on »

Creature wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 9:19 pm
Ty4on wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 9:17 pm
Creature wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 9:16 pm
Ty4on wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 9:14 pm
Creature wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 9:03 pm
juliets wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 8:07 pm I would like to hear some thoughts from @Creature and @@Ty4on.
Nothing I can really be useful about

Just self-deprecation and nonself-deprecation
I have to stop reading Creature’s avatar as nutella’s and vice versa
I have no idea how can you confuse nutella's avatar with mine.
I just see a very similar shade of green in my peripheral vision. I skim avatars reading forums and did the same reading some of early D2 stuff.
nutella's avatar looks more white to me?
I’ll forward it to the visuals department
Creature
Made Man
Posts in topic: 491

Post by Creature »

Ty4on wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 9:20 pm
Creature wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 9:17 pm On the other hand I'm fairly angry
Hmmm, not sure if it’s the right time then to ask you what you look like as mafia. All I know is you’ve got a reputation of being mislynched as town, but you look pretty pure tonally here.
My latest three scum games:
One lover game I replaced in and posted 55 times in a row and finished with 109 posts in a pretty short number of days, endgaming town
One anon game I replaced in and just kept posting The Insanity pictures and got to endgame alongside seven other scum, but town was bad jesus
One anon game that finished just this hour where I slanked like all game trying to roleplay and eventually got lynched, but ended winning anyway
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

My only scumgame this site was atrocious though
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

I managed to do like 100+ posts the first day and nutella can attest it, but I ended flaking out
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

If you want my opinion about my scum game: I feel like I solve way too quickly in a way that sounds obviously ingenuine
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

Meh, I think you better just assume I am town until you see me flip scum for the first time
Hyena
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 544
Preferred Pronouns: Any pronouns work!

Post by Hyena »

Hmm.

Question to all:

Do you think Spiny/Boo flipping town helped the other group solve people within their group? Do you think one of Vanity's or Elephant's flips will help them? How about Ty4on, who they apparently voted out of the group? Should we be trying to help give them info via flipping the people they send here?
Ty4on

Post by Ty4on »

juliets wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 8:07 pm I would like to hear some thoughts from @Creature and @@Ty4on.
I don’t really have a tom right now. Did a short read of early D2 stuff here and got some decent vibes from Creature tonally, but nothing deeper. I see vanity elephant and long con were being floated as lynch targets (and remain unflipped), but i don’t have a ton of thoughts of them. I only know of vanity’s play as i’ve spectated a bunch of games where he played and were town.
Long Con wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 2:17 pm@@Ty4on You mentioned some slight improvements to nova's play on level 2. The lynch still took him, so is it fair to say that the majority didn't agree with your assessment? Do you think more wolf or town votes were on nova?
I don’t know who voted where and I didn’t really make any decent reads catching up nor did I really make a note of where people where seemingly voting.

I’m guessing wolves would see me being a very likely lynch and see a simple townie to vote for, I dunno if the voting restriction extends to their chat tho and if wolves can pile on votes or have be independent like the rest of the thread.
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

Hyena wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 9:28 pm Hmm.

Question to all:

Do you think Spiny/Boo flipping town helped the other group solve people within their group? Do you think one of Vanity's or Elephant's flips will help them? How about Ty4on, who they apparently voted out of the group? Should we be trying to help give them info via flipping the people they send here?
Also, it looks like we have a Vig, maybe? If this is the case, would it be a good idea to use their shots to kill people in this group and using votes to kill the people sent here from the other group?
Ty4on

Post by Ty4on »

Creature wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 9:25 pm If you want my opinion about my scum game: I feel like I solve way too quickly in a way that sounds obviously ingenuine
Do you prefer to play as scum?
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

Spiny boo was the most depressing lynch

I was starting to see him as town and I only found out he was lynched when I saw DFaraday died last night and not to lynch
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

DFaraday I had no hope of ever sorting anyway

any guess on him was a shot in the dark anyway
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

Ty4on wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 9:33 pm
Creature wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 9:25 pm If you want my opinion about my scum game: I feel like I solve way too quickly in a way that sounds obviously ingenuine
Do you prefer to play as scum?
I used to heavily prefer to play town to the point I zero efforted on my scum games and got a whole tell named after me.

I eventually started liking playing scum, but I still see myself as town in heart and I am heavily unsatisfied with my town game rn that I urge to play more as town and catch some scum so I can retrieve my good town reputation.
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

I'd rather play as town
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

Elephant wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 6:28 pm
Hyena wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 5:31 pm So, I'm a dumbass. I just realized that TLib's "townslip" was probably not actually a townslip, and that my logic behind it was bad.
I thought you referred to him asking about the sanitized flip.
By sanitized, do you mean Texas's? Either way, I was referring to him asking about Tony's flip. Boo had a flavor claim, yet he was a PR, too, which kinda breaks a theory I had about TLib being confused about Tony's flip.
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 1019
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

Ty4on wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 9:30 pm
I don’t really have a tom right now. Did a short read of early D2 stuff here and got some decent vibes from Creature tonally, but nothing deeper. I see vanity elephant and long con were being floated as lynch targets (and remain unflipped), but i don’t have a ton of thoughts of them. I only know of vanity’s play as i’ve spectated a bunch of games where he played and were town.
Long Con wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 2:17 pm@@Ty4on You mentioned some slight improvements to nova's play on level 2. The lynch still took him, so is it fair to say that the majority didn't agree with your assessment? Do you think more wolf or town votes were on nova?
I don’t know who voted where and I didn’t really make any decent reads catching up nor did I really make a note of where people where seemingly voting.

I’m guessing wolves would see me being a very likely lynch and see a simple townie to vote for, I dunno if the voting restriction extends to their chat tho and if wolves can pile on votes or have be independent like the rest of the thread.
So Ty4on you've spectated a bunch of vanity's games, you could be really helpful by giving us your read on him here. Is he prone to strong emotions as town? His emotions yesterday read genuine to me but I haven't played with him before so have no meta. If you have time read his day 2 and tell us what you think.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 893

Post by nutella »

Question to all:

Well I think vanity's or elephant's flip could be interesting to them regardless, though they'd have to assess interactions from d1 based on memory
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

nutella wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 10:04 pm

Question to all:

Well I think vanity's or elephant's flip could be interesting to them regardless, though they'd have to assess interactions from d1 based on memory
I've got an idea. How would you feel about lynching vanity or elephant, and then using the (maybe?) vig shot to kill Ty4on? That way, we get the info from people voting between vanity and elephant AND we get the other group's lynch killed to give them info.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Sure
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 317
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Hyena wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 10:18 pm
nutella wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 10:04 pm

Question to all:

I've got an idea. How would you feel about lynching vanity or elephant, and then using the (maybe?) vig shot to kill Ty4on? That way, we get the info from people voting between vanity and elephant AND we get the other group's lynch killed to give them info.
Seems reasonable.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Just to be devil's advocate... what are the benefits/drawbacks of a No-Lynch today?
Ty4on

Post by Ty4on »

Long Con wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 10:40 pm Just to be devil's advocate... what are the benefits/drawbacks of a No-Lynch today?
How many bad guys do you think are in this group?
I guess it all hinges around that
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 198
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

A no kill with this many people alive is dumb imo. Seems unlikely zero scum would be left in this group, and even on the minuscule chance that happened....we need flips to sort people and figure that out, yo.

Plus my blood thirst wouldn’t be sated.
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

nutella wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 10:26 pmSure
Can we do vanity first or are you set on elephant?
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

I’m here for five minutes until I get my coffee, ama
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 11:13 pm
nutella wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 10:26 pmSure
Can we do vanity first or are you set on elephant?
Nah I'll probably be down for vanity. I didn't get around to investigating elephant more today like I meant to, though I might have a chance later or in the morning.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

I feel like if we lynch vanity and he flips town the other group will be like wtf. But if we catch him as scum it'll be pretty cool.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image

Ok cool. I’m gonna [VOTE: Vanity] aubergine then
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

I also think vanity is scum, but I'm afraid I'll just embarass myself further
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

vanity is an acceptable lynch to me. [VOTE: vanity.] aubergine
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Creature wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 11:26 pm I also think vanity is scum, but I'm afraid I'll just embarass myself further
lmao, how are you feeling about elephant?
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Long Con wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 11:34 pm vanity is an acceptable lynch to me. [VOTE: vanity.] aubergine
Choo chooooo
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

I'm not feeling great about how little actual analysis is going on in this here phase but also I am tired and sympathize
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Ty4on

Post by Ty4on »

nutella wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 11:36 pm I'm not feeling great about how little actual analysis is going on in this here phase but also I am tired and sympathize
We’re the group that keeps walking up at night
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

nutella wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 11:36 pm I'm not feeling great about how little actual analysis is going on in this here phase but also I am tired and sympathize
nutella wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 11:36 pm
Long Con wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 11:34 pm vanity is an acceptable lynch to me. [VOTE: vanity.] aubergine
Choo chooooo
Do go on.
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

Long Con wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 10:40 pm Just to be devil's advocate... what are the benefits/drawbacks of a No-Lynch today?
The benefits are
1. we don't have to worry about getting things wrong and losing another town.
2. we don't have to worry about accidentally mislynching the Vig if that's who's making these towny shots.
3. mislynching town who's not Vig also narrows down who the Vig could be, so, we'd also give the Vig more cover.
3. assuming that scum has to kill and send a town from the other group here, town will still guaranteed be in majority tomorrow.

The drawbacks are
1. No-Lynch vs <Player A> doesn't give us any info on Player A's alignment if no-lynch passes.
2. we also, of course, don't gain the info we might gain from having competing wagons between two players.
3. no one gets resolved.
4. the other group loses out on gaining info from a lynch, too.
Trustworthy Liberal
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 279

Post by Trustworthy Liberal »

Hyena wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 12:34 am
The benefits are
2. we don't have to worry about accidentally mislynching the Vig if that's who's making these towny shots.
3. mislynching town who's not Vig also narrows down who the Vig could be, so, we'd also give the Vig more cover.
3. assuming that scum has to kill and send a town from the other group here, town will still guaranteed be in majority tomorrow.

The drawbacks are
1. No-Lynch vs <Player A> doesn't give us any info on Player A's alignment if no-lynch passes.
2. we also, of course, don't gain the info we might gain from having competing wagons between two players.
3. no one gets resolved.
Persoanly believe we Always Lynch here.
Icon by: AgnesAr on DevientArt
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

The benefits are

The drawbacks are
3. no one gets resolved.
Love it, Hyena. I especially love the double 3 on the benefits.
Trustworthy Liberal
Drug Dealer

Re: Inception [Hypnagogic Phase]

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:17 pm
|
|
|
V
All individual role actions cost 2 role points.
Λ
|
|
|
I was looking back at this personally if all actions have a cost I would assume they have a limitied number of uses I think we need to vote upon saving shots for the vig.

This is also backed up b my the claim from the other side of actions costing 1 instead of 2
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

Let's try to form an actual towncore. Like, I've got town read/leans, but, like, I don't feel there's a solid core anywhere in this group. Everything feels too fluid right now. Forming a towncore might put pressure on those outside the towncore to start doing some analysis.

How about [you, me, Nanook] to start with? There are 11 players in this group, so we'd need six people in total for us to hold the majority.
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

Trustworthy Liberal wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 12:41 am
|
|
|
V
Λ
|
|
|
I was looking back at this personally if all actions have a cost I would assume they have a limitied number of uses I think we need to vote upon saving shots for the vig.

This is also backed up b my the claim from the other side of actions costing 1 instead of 2
Hmmm... this is a good point.
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

Long Con wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 12:40 am
The benefits are

The drawbacks are
3. no one gets resolved.
Love it, Hyena. I especially love the double 3 on the benefits.
I swear I can count! ;-;

I’m happy with that start. Unfortunately the rest of my TRs are on the other side.

Who else can we add? Should be at least 2 more if we wanna be able to throw some weight around.
Trustworthy Liberal
Drug Dealer

Hyena wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 12:44 am
Let's try to form an actual towncore. Like, I've got town read/leans, but, like, I don't feel there's a solid core anywhere in this group. Everything feels too fluid right now. Forming a towncore might put pressure on those outside the towncore to start doing some analysis.

How about [you, me, Nanook] to start with? There are 11 players in this group, so we'd need six people in total for us to hold the majority.
This is the first and maybe last time I'll say this but what about me I feel I've been doing more analysis and have been forward with my thinking. If you all still don't trust me it's fine but feel for once there's a reason for me to be I it.
Trustworthy Liberal
Drug Dealer

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 12:47 am I’m happy with that start. Unfortunately the rest of my TRs are on the other side.

Who else can we add? Should be at least 2 more if we wanna be able to throw some weight around.
Did any of your reads change from the other side do you still have access to their d2?
Trustworthy Liberal
Drug Dealer

Also while your here Nanook if you could see the other side what is/was your real on Nova/Ty4on

Hyena wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 12:45 am
Trustworthy Liberal wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 12:41 am
|
|
|
V
Λ
|
|
|

Hmmm... this is a good point.
No it isn’t. For one I’m not convinced there’s a town sided vig. For another, can we even talk about roles? For a third, vigs are on average town-negative, we shouldn’t be trying to help them take more shots.

Trustworthy Liberal wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 12:48 am
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 12:47 am I’m happy with that start. Unfortunately the rest of my TRs are on the other side.

Did any of your reads change from the other side do you still have access to their d2?
I don’t have access to the other side D2, and I’m not gonna talk about my SRs from the other side because I’d prefer not to catch a bullet if I’m right.

Trustworthy Liberal wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 12:48 am Also while your here Nanook if you could see the other side what is/was your real on Nova/Ty4on
I didn’t really have a read on them before today, I hadn’t read them really. I’d say ty4on is maybe slightly townie but he’s in a tough position to evaluate tbh

Return to “Inception: Adrift in Limbo”