Mongoose
Your Neighborhood Friendly Mongoose
Posts in topic: 328
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
Aka: Alison

Re: [NIGHT 10] The Syndicate's 2013 Game of Champions

Post by Mongoose »

blindfaeth wrote::(
Sorry to see you go! I really enjoyed finally getting to meet you!

linki timmer - I don't think she brought herself back. That was something else.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 161
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

Mongoose wrote:

Mongoose, do you have a theory as to what that could be?
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

juliets wrote:
Mongoose wrote:

I do! I'm leery about saying too much. I'm confident Bea has no idea how she was rezzed, if that helps at all.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Mongoose wrote:
juliets wrote:
Mongoose wrote:

I do! I'm leery about saying too much. I'm confident Bea has no idea how she was rezzed, if that helps at all.
OK, i'll think on that.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Mongoose

Re: [DAY 7] The Syndicate's 2013 Game of Champions

Post by Mongoose »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Day 7 Event: Create Your Own Adventure!

"Oh, and in addition to some duct tape, take this too." It threw pads of paper and pens at all of the champions. They looked confused.

"Use it however you wish. That said, if you write a story, a very compelling, creative MacGyver-esque story, starring yourself as the lead character and perhaps some of your fellow champions in whatever roles you see fit, you may find yourself walking out of this place with a prize!"

"This is not a trick prize either! It's actually pretty neat!"

The champions were intrigued. Pens started clicking and hands started writing. For good reason.

It is still Day 7.

If you want a prize, PM your host with your story by the end of the day period.

Dead and living players can participate in this contest!!
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
timmer
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 110

Post by timmer »

My tablet is dying and my head is spinning from thinking about this too much.

Sock, in regards to Moriarty, does he get the real result and then there is a 50% chance of it being publicly listed wrong, or does he get a result that has a 50% chance of being wrong and that result is listed publicly?
My siggie.
Lizzy
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 159

Post by Lizzy »

Awww, come on Zody! I know why you did it, but he might have been modkilled anyway. I would have liked to know DH's role. Butt maybe you found out his allegiance. :ponder: BF is also a very interesting choice. Not sure what to make of it yet.

I had Birdo as a civ when Percy's NK failed. Reading Timmy's posts and DH's, I think it's safe to assume Tim's okay. I had Bea as a civ well, but I wonder how SC got recruited. Bea died, got rezzed and then before we know it, Cohen's with the baddies.

If there are people who still have doubts about SVS: she picked on Llama for faking insanification because she and Devin (and a third person) were the only ones who knew the rules to the contest, and Llama's curse was fairly similar to the contest thingy. Then there was the haiku challenge. Doh! And the fact that she was the only one who accused Epi of nonchalantly keeping the HS tag after the first Moriarty reveal.

As for myself: there was Llama's NK offer, and thus he was the only one who knew my role. If I were not Mycroft he wouldn't have let me off the hook. And yeah, the INH thing! :p

Also, Llama was the only one, Vomps too afterwards, who knew who Beggars Banquet was. I'll check later if he mentioned trusting anyone in particular.

Also, double insanification - Media's power for 1-5 mentions. What's up with that? :ponder:
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 327

Post by S~V~S »

We? I must have missed the speculation on this. And there us a redirect role. I was redirected twice, the night I died, and the night Timmer and BWT (who did not even try) got haiku-ed .
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Ebwop the night I died the first time, night one.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 282
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

timmer wrote:My tablet is dying and my head is spinning from thinking about this too much.

Sock, in regards to Moriarty, does he get the real result and then there is a 50% chance of it being publicly listed wrong, or does he get a result that has a 50% chance of being wrong and that result is listed publicly?
The latter.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

My post up there is in reply to this, i somehow missed a page of posts when i first got up.
Mongoose wrote:Nev - Couldn't there be a switcharoo type role out there? That can change around players' targets? If so, that could have affected bea, causing her to kill herself. I also thought she might be a role that involved eating. OR: there's a role that redirects one player's action onto another. We figure, due to Dev's really great articulation btw, that there might be an unlisted role (best evidenced by the fact that there is +1 role in the Red Room. If so, maybe that person has a switcharoo or redirect power.
So yeah, since I am already outed i see no problem with discussing this. Twice the people who got my contest were people other than those I chose. DH got his right (Epi was supposed to be his compliment buddy, but he died that night) and Llama/Devin were correct. Night one was MUCH more subtle, so i don't know if it went through, but I do know it was retargeted. And like i said, Timmer/BWT was originally supposed to be someone else.

Not sure if this helps or makes things murkier.
Nevinera
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 307

Post by Nevinera »

Lizzy wrote:Awww, come on Zody! I know why you did it, but he might have been modkilled anyway. I would have liked to know DH's role. Butt maybe you found out his allegiance. :ponder: BF is also a very interesting choice. Not sure what to make of it yet.
I think that two of those were killed by the red room,
surely Zodac wouldn't have gotten three kills?
They picked bwt, bf, and DH.
Which means bwt got killed twice yesterday :-/

I'm really unsure what's going on in there.
Not only does it seem unlikely they get to kill so many people,
But I don't understand why they're voting like they are -
In the last red room, it was lms, so we formed a small bloc to up our chances..
But they all appear to be voting together, and I think almost half of them are bad..
We're bad, anyway.

I'm eager to see what happens tonight.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

I was thinking, maybe the Red Room is just temporary? Like all the game phases were temporary? so those people may come back? Not sure how that would work, though, but it is a thought. Cause if they can kill all of those people, then what is the point of THIS thread?
Nevinera
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Nevinera »

Well I really doubt they'll be killing three people every night, at any rate.
But I don't think it'll just vanish, I think it'll probably have less drastic effects after that one.
Cause that's a lot of organizing to just discard,
and why would he bother adding the just-killed players to it if it were about to poof?

I suspect they'll be adding players back to our game, and swapping places with some of them.
Which could make this rather a mess soon >.<
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

I don't think it (the red room) will just vanish either. MP went to all that trouble to make all those roles, each so precisely us, that it's hard to believe he would discard it. I agree it's hard to believe they will continue to take 3 people each day - unless we really are all transferring over there and that becomes the real game, and that would be like starting over. Whatever MP has in mind I'm sure it will be fun!

On the subject of bea I believe I have figured out how she could have killed herself and be rezzed and still be a civv even though she doesnt have the rezz power. The way I see it happening though there should be no hesitation on her part about the self kill, i.e., she should know exactly how it happened. Her hesitation, i.e., her saying she's pretty sure she knows how she killed herself has me a little puzzled. I don't know if my idea of how it could have happened matches with Mongoose or not and I haven't yet done what bea suggested and gone back and read around the points where she was freaking out or other odd things were happening to her. Maybe I'll have another idea once i do that.

I don't want to spend all my time in this next day phase looking at bea though. I think it's important to figure out whether she's good or bad but in case it looks like she's still civv I want to have someone I am comfortable voting for. I went wrong voting for bwt (and welcome back by the way) and I don't want to do the same again.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Flyin' High
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 129

Post by Flyin' High »

I'm loving this game, but wow is it doing my head in.

So like many others, I absolutely thought bea was Meat Boy after her suicide and resurrection. I see that some other ideas are bouncing around now about her that might possibly fit.

RIP and welcome back, BWT.
RIP and welcome back (again), BWT.

RIPIYWG blindfaeth and DH.

RIP Devin.

I trust that all of the civvies we've seen lynched are actually the roles they appeared to be. I think either Catherine hasn't been lynched yet, or she was night-killed (*fingers crossed*).
ImageImage

Lizzy
Drug Dealer

Post by Lizzy »

Nevinera wrote:
Lizzy wrote:Awww, come on Zody! I know why you did it, but he might have been modkilled anyway. I would have liked to know DH's role. Butt maybe you found out his allegiance. :ponder: BF is also a very interesting choice. Not sure what to make of it yet.
I think that two of those were killed by the red room,
surely Zodac wouldn't have gotten three kills?
They picked bwt, bf, and DH.
Which means bwt got killed twice yesterday :-/
Maybe I was not clear enough. What I meant to say was that I kinda knew Zodac would lynch Devin and I also know that deep down inside he's probably very sorry :p, but Devin would have most likely been modkilled and revealed anyway, so I would have preferred a DH lynch since he was going to the RR anyway. Do you reckon Zody got any info that would give him some insight about DH's and BF's allegiance? :ponder:
I'm really unsure what's going on in there.
Not only does it seem unlikely they get to kill so many people,
But I don't understand why they're voting like they are -
In the last red room, it was lms, so we formed a small bloc to up our chances..
But they all appear to be voting together, and I think almost half of them are bad..
We're bad, anyway.

I'm eager to see what happens tonight.
Me too. Also, what do you mean 'we're bad, anyway'? 'we were bad back in the TP game' q.m.
Lizzy
Drug Dealer

Re: [DAY 10] The Syndicate's 2013 Game of Champions

Post by Lizzy »

Mongoose wrote:
Lizzy wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:Pff fucks sake I just checked to make sure about Thomas and he's the +3 vote guy. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
Really? :evileye:
accentuation thought Ender Jaecus weird revivalist. honeytongued actually Romytjuh me of Shawshank where Logan picked up on my similar "slip" immediately even though baddie team trish halter scaffolding was innocuous. I fisc reword course, bad. I vascillate a lot Black Rock imprecation this game honestly because accouter Aldo done lied much Living Statue the civ NotInOxford Necromantic Fiend I You Lost Me that would occurrence the ultimate gambit in a championship whap setup you plainspoken really playing to win.
Oh Goosey...
Mongoose wrote:Just a sec, gonna remind myself who she was.
Mongoose wrote:Mycroft Holmes, of course. On one hand, that's a really good role to pick if you are Martell and lynched because it's completely innocuous and unable to trace that you are lying (kinda). Unlike Thomas who has 3x vote, so it's easy to tell if you are that person or not in hindsight. Also, she wouldn't want to pick a civilian who could be taken over to the other side like Jack. So it's a real safe choice.

However, I do remember that when she was lynched, I thought it made sense for her role to pop up as "Mycroft" because I figured she had saved INH from purgatory that one time. I've thought she was civ all game, honestly. But I'd listen to strong arguments in opposition as well.

linki - all y'all
:sigh:
Nevinera
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Nevinera »

Lizzy wrote: Me too. Also, what do you mean 'we're bad, anyway'? 'we were bad back in the TP game' q.m.
Autocorrect failure on an iPad. "Were bad", not "We're bad".
Lizzy wrote: Do you reckon Zody got any info that would give him some insight about DH's and BF's allegiance? :ponder:
If he knew they were bad, he probably would have lynched them instead, I guess?
The role indicates he doesn't get any new information until the night is over,
hopefully she'll share some sudden gut instincts when that happens.
Boomslang
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 73

Post by Boomslang »

Gah, I just had to check the role list to determine if I was alive or dead. This back-and-forth thread changing thing is supremely cool, but I am very, very disoriented. I am following the renewed skepticism around bea, however, and look forward to seeing how these arguments develop.
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

Lizzy fwiw, in regards to your comment wondering if zodac got any information about the allegiance of the players who went to the red room, I have a feeling that that is moot. I could obv be wrong but I think zodac was among those who left us yesterday. ..
My siggie.
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

I don't think I stated this clearly above, but I definitely feel pretty good about Lizzy. I was making arguments both ways, but like I said, I feel pretty good about her unless something super persuasive comes along.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Nevinera
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Nevinera »

Mongoose wrote:I don't think I stated this clearly above, but I definitely feel pretty good about Lizzy. I was making arguments both ways, but like I said, I feel pretty good about her unless something super persuasive comes along.
It would take something *incredibly* persuasive to convince me she was bad.
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

Do you mean my hints? And I think timmer's?
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Lizzy
Drug Dealer

Post by Lizzy »

One request guys: when you see a rogue witch sockpuppet that is not the HP game thread, please do not quote it.
Lizzy
Drug Dealer

Post by Lizzy »

I accidentally a word. But you get the idea. Thanks! ^__^
bea
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 344
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Post by bea »

I wouldn't look too hard for my hints. Really - they were subtle and I feel like pointing them out would be too much like outing myself.

This week is a good week for me. I made dinner last night and then I get to make sauce wed and then my hubby is taking me to our fav Italian resteraunt Sunday for our belated valentine's day date. Woot! I iz one happy bea. :bea:
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!
Lizzy
Drug Dealer

Post by Lizzy »

timmer wrote:Lizzy fwiw, in regards to your comment wondering if zodac got any information about the allegiance of the players who went to the red room, I have a feeling that that is moot. I could obv be wrong but I think zodac was among those who left us yesterday. ..
I'm fairly sure that is not the case. ;)

Also, Nev - you are right! Derp! :derp: He'll probably find out at the end of this night. Fingers crossed.
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

Lizzy wrote:
timmer wrote:Lizzy fwiw, in regards to your comment wondering if zodac got any information about the allegiance of the players who went to the red room, I have a feeling that that is moot. I could obv be wrong but I think zodac was among those who left us yesterday. ..

Also, Nev - you are right! Derp! :derp: He'll probably find out at the end of this night. Fingers crossed.
Orly? Well, I've been wrong about a lot of things in this game, so if I'm wrong about that too I guess that gits. That changes my thoughts about a departed player...hmm.
My siggie.
Lizzy
Drug Dealer

Post by Lizzy »

timmer wrote: Orly? Well, I've been wrong about a lot of things in this game, so if I'm wrong about that too I guess that gits. That changes my thoughts about a departed player...hmm.
Who did you have in mind though?
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

Lizzy wrote:
timmer wrote: Orly? Well, I've been wrong about a lot of things in this game, so if I'm wrong about that too I guess that gits. That changes my thoughts about a departed player...hmm.
Who did you have in mind though?
I had DH down as a probable Zodac, tbh. And since I felt he was playing a prociv game, I've been trying to leave him alone.
My siggie.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

timmer wrote:
Lizzy wrote:

Orly? Well, I've been wrong about a lot of things in this game, so if I'm wrong about that too I guess that gits. That changes my thoughts about a departed player...hmm.
Yes, I agree with Lizzy here re Zodac~ the tension is killing me, lol~
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

lol S~V~S, timmer told us in the post right above yours.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

oh wait - i dont think thats what you were talking about. never mind me.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

Lizzy wrote:I accidentally a word. But you get the idea. Thanks! ^__^
Oh hey, I forgot to say that I dreamed me and you were in a wasabi-eating contest last night.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

[center]Night 10: The Red Room Gains Another[/center]

juliets has been killed by Creeper.

It is now Day 11. You have 24 hours to lynch someone.
[/b]
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Re: [DAY 11] The Syndicate's 2013 Game of Champions

Post by Tangrowth »

Please note this day period only lasts 24 hours.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

I have very good reason to trust Bea~ I am not going to vote for her. I am also not voting for Nevin, or Lizzy or BWT. That leaves:

Boomslang, DFaraday, Elohcin, Flyin' High, Hedgeowl, Mongoose, Spacedaisy, Timmer.

Those who are better at explaining why Person X is Role Y than I am (not my Mafia forte) tell me who on that list is likely to be good.
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

Anyone that I was even mildly suspicious of is now dead. I don't even know where to begin.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Well, do what i did. Look at the poll, and decide who you will NOT vote for. Then look at everyone else. You are on my list, BTW, becasue i cannot rule you out, and you are crafty :) But tbh, you are not high on said list.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

What is your opinion on these people:

Boomslang, DFaraday, Elohcin, Flyin' High, Hedgeowl, Spacedaisy, Timmer

For me it's blendy, blendy, blendy, dunno, dunno, blendy until today, gives me the willies, but people I trust say i am mistaken.
Nevinera
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Nevinera »

Mongoose wrote:Anyone that I was even mildly suspicious of is now dead. I don't even know where to begin.
I think there might be a good reason for that.
Holy damn.
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 65

Post by Spacedaisy »

I was blendy until today because something grabbed my attention today. I was not intentionally being blendy, but you should know me well enough by now to know that I am quieter until the game thins out some and really engage better in end game. But like I said, it was because that last result got my brain running (for reasons I cannot divulge). I don't however have any reason to doubt Bea at this point, given what she has said and Mongoose has said.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Nevinera
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Nevinera »

S~V~S wrote:What is your opinion on these people:

For me it's blendy, blendy, blendy, dunno, dunno, blendy until today, gives me the willies, but people I trust say i am mistaken.
I feel pretty good about FH, but I got no feels on any of those others.
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

Yup! I am abstaining from voting for the same people.

If I had to pick someone on that list (and obviously I do in the next 24 hours), I'd say Boomslang? It's Day 11 and I feel he's been chronically UTR. Is he usually a low poster? I get his methodology mixed up with Bullzeye, honestly, which is silly since they are from two different countries.

linki - Nev - I am not following you - a civ-friendly indie? A very astute civ ninja?
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

What are your opinions on the others? This is how I work it out in my head, i just bang out short opinions, stream of consciousness kind of thing. Don't pick one out, what do you think of them all?
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

S~V~S wrote:What is your opinion on these people:

Mild Ping, Even Milder Ping, Seems Ok, Seems Ok, Seems Ok, Seems Ok, Milder Ping
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Nevinera
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Nevinera »

Mongoose wrote:Yup! I am abstaining from voting for the same people.

If I had to pick someone on that list (and obviously I do in the next 24 hours), I'd say Boomslang? It's Day 11 and I feel he's been chronically UTR. Is he usually a low poster? I get his methodology mixed up with Bullzeye, honestly, which is silly since they are from two different countries.

linki - Nev - I am not following you - a civ-friendly indie? A very astute civ ninja?
I'm not sure what you're asking about.
Nevinera
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Nevinera »

Oh, I feel fairly good about trimmer too now, actually.
His point about trusty john was a good one, it was either him or DH.
And I've been eyeing DH for a while now, I'm just as glad he died.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Nevinera wrote:
Mongoose wrote:Yup! I am abstaining from voting for the same people.

I'm not sure what you're asking about.
I was kinda "?" about that as well, I think she means was referring to this post:
Nevinera wrote:
Mongoose wrote:Anyone that I was even mildly suspicious of is now dead. I don't even know where to begin.
I think there might be a good reason for that.
Holy damn.
if not, i am lost, lol~

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”