79%

Total votes: 19
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 803
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Re: Inception [Subconscious Phase 5]

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

I’m never catching up and also finishing this load of laundry.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 893
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

Elephant wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:11 pm
Michelle wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:00 pm
Elephant wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:57 pm
Michelle wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:48 pm
Epignosis wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:43 pm
Michelle wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:38 pm @Everyone, Elephant wants me to screw the logic of my reads and this is a scum tactic.

let's lynch scum today, thanks for understanding
How does the post below factor into the idea that Elephant and Dragomir are teammates?
Elephant wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 1:39 pm
Dragomir wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 1:08 pm

I've been assuming that whatever character you have would dictate your alignment, like if your character is a good guy, they'd be town right?
Could you please roleplay your character? A paragraph should suffice.
How can you town read him for a meaningless post?
An invite to roleplay is nothing shading or distancing, I see there a normal convo I would never consider AI.
Can you roleplay your character? Like, maybe post an avatar and a few lines of dialogue?
nah i saw the movie ages ago and I forgot almost everything so no RP from me about flavour.
[VOTE: Michelle] aubergine
Dragomir was the Forger, an actual character in the movie. He refers to a character to be roleplayed, and that pinged me. You see, I'm not a character, I'm the subconscious aspect of elation. Every town player is the subconscious aspect of something and not a character. This question is a trap, and you just got caught.
was the forger an actual character in the movie?
to the spoiler go the victories:
Spoiler: show
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

nutella wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:31 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:05 pm Lol people are voting Eva again. This is why I hate no claims games.
I'm p sure Quin hinted at being the mason as well, is he scum?
BULLSHIT YOU'RE THE MASON!
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

that could actually be a slip though hm
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

nutella wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:32 pm
Michelle wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:38 pm @Everyone, Elephant wants me to screw the logic of my reads and this is a scum tactic.

How does the post below factor into the idea that Elephant and Dragomir are teammates?

An invite to roleplay is nothing shading or distancing, I see there a normal convo I would never consider AI.
Can you roleplay your character? Like, maybe post an avatar and a few lines of dialogue?
nah i saw the movie ages ago and I forgot almost everything so no RP from me about flavour.
Dragomir was the Forger, an actual character in the movie. He refers to a character to be roleplayed, and that pinged me. You see, I'm not a character, I'm the subconscious aspect of elation. Every town player is the subconscious aspect of something and not a character. This question is a trap, and you just got caught.
Tom Hardy is described as a forger iirc. Ellen Page is described as an architect (as in “we need an architect cause our last one sucks). The others may or may not have had stated character classes.
Michelle
Made Man
Posts in topic: 318
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers/herself

Post by Michelle »

nutella wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:32 pm that could actually be a slip though hm
please explain me how. I don't trust Elephant to tell me this.

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
DrWilgy wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 6:59 pm Death before cowardice.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Michelle wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:14 pm

respectfully bullsit sir, i am so bad at game mechanics that i didn't fully read the op. not that i can read it with that colour. Ask Juliets when we wolfed together that she had to explain me the mechanics. Your trap is nothing because mafia should have fake claims.
this doesn't really help tbh

what does the op have to do with anything

you don't need to know the movie characters to roleplay a "subconscious aspect"
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

But...Michelle is the pink ranger.
Elephant
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 518

Post by Elephant »

Michelle wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:30 pm
Elephant wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:21 pm
respectfully bullsit sir, i am so bad at game mechanics that i didn't fully read the op. not that i can read it with that colour. Ask Juliets when we wolfed together that she had to explain me the mechanics. Your trap is nothing because mafia should have fake claims.
The flavor is in your role card, not in the OP. The OP has a sample vanilla town role card, and yeah, if you didnt read the OP fully, you would have missed it. :p
My point is that you and Drago think of yourself and your scum buddies as characters, and it's not conscious to you that the other players are not characters, because you don't really care about the town flavor. If you need to fakeclaim, you can look it up.But since this question didn't actually cause you to look the fake claim up, you didn't remember the town players aren't characters.
how on Earth you considered i make a difference between role and character? You know in my language i have exactly the same word "caracter" with a totally different meaning. I try to not let myself fooled by these identical words but words like character are a problem if I don't go to translate and check them.
So you found nothing because I am an idiot illiterate in english. And mafia too by extent.

That don't makes you villager and not makes me scum.

what "subconscious aspect of" means took me a while to understand even after I asked for explanations like I am 5.
I asked you for an avatar picture and lines of dialogue, not just the "character".
I am the Elephant.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

The flavor is in your role card, not in the OP. The OP has a sample vanilla town role card, and yeah, if you didnt read the OP fully, you would have missed it. :p
My point is that you and Drago think of yourself and your scum buddies as characters, and it's not conscious to you that the other players are not characters, because you don't really care about the town flavor. If you need to fakeclaim, you can look it up.But since this question didn't actually cause you to look the fake claim up, you didn't remember the town players aren't characters.
ugh why do I find myself agreeing with my top scumread that my top townread may have slipped

this game is a disaster lmfao
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Elephant
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Elephant »

Yes. He roleplayed the elder advisor , and was responsible for implanting the forged idea.
I did re-watch the movie after the game started. ;)
I am the Elephant.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

[mention]Michelle[/mention]

Character claim?
Evenstar
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 415

Post by Evenstar »

nutella wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:23 pm How is that gaslighting though? Like, I'm sorry, and I'm sorry if it hurt Lexi, but I meant it seriously. I think she will react badly to my flip if she doesn't have an open mind about it.
Gaslighting, verb: "to manipulate (someone) by psychological means into questioning their own sanity."

Wikipedia says the 7 classic warning signs are:

1. Withholding information from the target;
2. Insisting the perpetrator is correct and the target is wrong;
3. Discounting information;
4. Harshly critiquing, insulting, or denouncing the target, usually through jokes;
5. Isolating the target from others;
6. Trivializing the target's worth;
7. Undermining the target through fatigue and exhaustion.

Insisting the perpetrator is right and the target is wrong;
nutella wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:41 pm Is town not allowed to be outraged over being voted for literally no reason?

You don't even know my play style. You are just making shit up on the spot and acting confident in it. It's not remotely helpful to solving the game. Take a step back. I'm town.
Lexi has reasons that are quite clear to me, primarily Nutella's bad vote history. Nutella has also said that Lexi has scumread her since Day 2, and is voting her for "no reason", so how can Lexi be "making shit up on the spot"? Does her case contain no reasoning, or bad reasoning? Nutella equivocates between the two. The fact that this is apparently a very old conversation also calls in 7, "undermining the target"; Nutella could well be trying to wear Lexi down over time here.
nutella wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:42 pm
Lady LambdaDelta wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:38 pm The best defense this supposed townie can muster

is to constantly discredit my ability to think, and question whether I have any intelligence at all.

This, for the record, is the real ad hominem argument that people so love to quote. This is actually attacking the player's credibiliy as opposed to their read.
Why do you think I'm scum? Because I question votes that have no reasoning behind them? Great.

Solve the goddamn game like the rest of us.
LLD clearly states that one of her reasons why she's scumreading Nutella here is because Nutella responds to pressure by attacking LLD's credibility. Not the credibility of her case, but the credibility of Lexi herself. Nutella ignores what Lexi is actually arguing, and just repeats that "Lexi's case has no reasons in it."

Harshly critiquing the target:
nutella wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:27 pm LLD does not know shit. I'm town. I don't understand why you're sheepng her when she clearly hasn't even read most of the thread content.
(In response to "I'm listening to LLD because I respect her:")
nutella wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:34 pm I recommend listening to people who have the slightest idea of what is going on in this game.
nutella wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:43 pm If you think I'm scum just because I had an emotional reaction to your bullshit, you have a poor grasp of the game.
Isolating the target:
nutella wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:48 pm By "the rest of us" I mean the people who are engaging with thread content and attempting to figure out who is scum based on interactions and what has occurred in the game. You are just throwing shit at the wall to see if it sticks. If you're town it's counterproductive and I suggest you look elsewhere.
This is attempting to drive a wedge between LLD and the rest of the town. "You aren't one of us, and what you're doing doesn't count as solving." If Nutella really believes this, why is she not also scumreading e.g. Hyena?
nutella wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:49 pm
Evenstar wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:48 pm Why are you still engaging her case if you feel it has no backing behind it?
I just want to get her to see some modicum of reason and/or get her to do something productive for the game. If she continues to refuse, she's probably scum. I had reason to think you two weren't actually scum together though.
This is a direct implication that what Lexi is doing is both crazy and useless, followed by a threat: "If you support LLD here you're scum with her."
nutella wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:50 pm Lexi, the only thing you've done this game is insist I'm scum. When I flip town what will you do? I'm legitimately concerned for what it will do to your mental and emotional health.
This is the post that pushes me over the edge into "Nutella is never town" territory. She trivializes Lexi's contributions, insists that she's town without providing any evidence for it whatsoever, and then claims to be worried about Lexi's mental health.

This is the kind of implication that might actually shake someone. It's intended to be taken as genuine concern for Lexi's mental state, and to force her to consider whether she might literally be suspecting Nutella for no reason. I think it's been made clear in the above paragraphs that Lexi does, in fact, have good reason to be suspecting Nutella. It's also intended to undermine her position in the eyes of others, painting her as mentally unstable and unable to participate meaningfully in the game.

This type of concern is also a classic sign of DARVO. ("Deny, and reverse victim and offender.") The perpetrator is worried about how this will look to others, so they say "I'm doing this in my victim's best interests." This works far more often than it has any right to.

(Let's be very clear: I'm not saying Nutella is literally an abuser, here, or that she's abusing Lexi; this is a game, everything is consensual, Nutella is a good and kind person. Nonetheless, the techniques of information control used by abusers are the same techniques that get used in mafia. This is part of why people like myself and Lexi are good at the game; we have interacted with wolves IRL, and internalized some of their tricks.)

And I don't think that there's any question that Nutella is victim-blaming here:
nutella wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:47 pm Look, I really don't understand why you suspect me. I don't want to just use ad hominem attacks but I have nothing else to work with here. What do you WANT from me.
"It's YOUR FAULT that I'm calling you clueless, calling your case bullshit, etc. If you were being more reasonable I wouldn't have to insult you."

[mention]Lady LambdaDelta[/mention]
Have I missed anything major, or is this more or less what you wanted to say?

[mention]nutella[/mention]: If you really are town, I hope you take a lesson from this about how real-life abuse starts and continues. It's based in the kind of broken trust that exists between you and LLD right now; the patterns fall into place easily from there. Abusers are not different from you and me; they're just people who've been forced to interact with people they hate, day after day, until the entire interaction becomes nothing but shards of cutting glass. Pay attention to this. It's one of the life lessons I carry with me every day.

Not to make this too real or anything. Should I post Dickbutt again?
Michelle
Made Man

Post by Michelle »

Elephant wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:36 pm
how on Earth you considered i make a difference between role and character? You know in my language i have exactly the same word "caracter" with a totally different meaning. I try to not let myself fooled by these identical words but words like character are a problem if I don't go to translate and check them.
So you found nothing because I am an idiot illiterate in english. And mafia too by extent.

what "subconscious aspect of" means took me a while to understand even after I asked for explanations like I am 5.
I asked you for an avatar picture and lines of dialogue, not just the "character".
imagine a hole in the Earth engulfing your body. What do you feel? This is my subconscious aspect.
I have no colour or lines because i am something deeper and impossible to dialogue with.
I really think it doesn't suit me, bit this is what I received.

nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

but you specifically implied your role was a character in the movie

which it shouldn't be
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Elephant
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Elephant »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:34 pm

Tom Hardy is described as a forger iirc. Ellen Page is described as an architect (as in “we need an architect cause our last one sucks). The others may or may not have had stated character classes.
https://inception.fandom.com/wiki/The_Team
Extractor, Point Man, Chemist, ...
I am the Elephant.
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 1019
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

nutella wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:37 pm
ugh why do I find myself agreeing with my top scumread that my top townread may have slipped

this game is a disaster lmfao
I looked back at Drago's role card and the subconscious aspect language that Michelle said she had to ask about is also on the scum role cards. She is also my top town read so ugh is right.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 596

Post by Epignosis »

Civilians

Dom - I would wager money Dom is a civilian.

Evenstar - For reasons.

Master Radishes - As I've alluded to, the Root and I had an exchange Day 2 that helped us better understand each other, and right now I find myself largely agreeing with his positions. I like what I see, though I don't have the same confidence I do with Dom.

juliets - I was concerned that I could not put juliets in this list as effortlessly as I have been able to in the past, but I reviewed my notes and the progression toward voting for Dragomir looks natural.

Michelle - Most of what I've seen from Michelle exudes a sense of genuineness that is difficult to fake for most. I wish Michelle (as with pretty much everyone) would examine suspects within the context of Day 1, since that is the most valuable Day the civilians have in the books, but I'm viewing Michelle as a civilian for now.

iaafr - I have no prior experience with iaafr, so take this with a grain of salt. However, iaafr posts with reckless abandon. If iaafr is mafia, then he doesn't give a toss about strategy or how his interactions with his teammates look. I mentioned something to this effect in another thread, but if I were on iaafr's team, I'd be pulling my hair out and maybe saying bad words in BTSC.

nutella - Anyone from here can tell you that nutella has been a perpetual blind spot for me for years. I feel that I'm turning a corner on that front. Alternatively, nutella always seems to have my number. I think the last couple of times I've been bad, she called it early and often. Maybe that's a fluke. Maybe it's a small sample size. I know she's correct about me again here, and I don't believe she's faking that. My conclusion from my prior analysis still holds: " I saw nutella as a civilian throughout Day 1, and I don’t see anything here that changes my mind."

Elephant - I concede it's a small point in his favor, but it exists and gives me a good impression of Elephant. Perhaps I'm misreading it, but oh well. Elephant wouldn't make my top five suspects today anyway.

People I need to Sort

ColinIsCool

Hyena

JackofHearts2005

Long Con

MacDougall

Quin

TurstworthyLiberal

Mafia

112 - In looking back, I still feel Dragomir and 112 were teammates softly pushing against each other. You can read those interactions in this spoiled post.

Pawn Lelouch - Pawn has done nothing productive today. He has his vote on me and is not engaging me. I don't know why he's voting for me unless it's still because of what is perhaps the worst reasoning I have ever witnessed.

LadyLambaDelta - Day 2, all LLD did was shit on my analyses. I replied, "There is no civilian reason to discredit my effort without attempting to engage with it in some capacity. If you believe I am mafia, then you should be able to show how the content of my effort is compatible with that hypothesis rather than merely claim that the effort itself is compatible with your hypothesis."

sprityo - sprityo makes the list because a lot of what he's doing looks like busy work. I don't understand the compilations of noteworthy posts he's making- I'm not seeing any value added. Is there any analysis or commentary to go with those?
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Michelle
Made Man

Post by Michelle »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:40 pm @Michelle

Character claim?
subconscious aspect of fear

nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:34 pm

mmmm ok
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

my question to you Elephant is why you knew to ask drago to roleplay in d1? you wouldn't have had any reason to know the scum had movie characters at that point unless you were one so how would you know that was a trap at that point
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Michelle
Made Man

Post by Michelle »

nutella wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:40 pm

which it shouldn't be
no. The question implies this. I just said i can't RP related with the flavour. Is a trap because I don't understand where the problem lies.
He is an evil scum.
But if you trust him please lynch me today. I don't accept other lynch because i bet my life on him being scum.

nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Evenstar wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:40 pm
nutella wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:23 pm How is that gaslighting though? Like, I'm sorry, and I'm sorry if it hurt Lexi, but I meant it seriously. I think she will react badly to my flip if she doesn't have an open mind about it.
Gaslighting, verb: "to manipulate (someone) by psychological means into questioning their own sanity."

Wikipedia says the 7 classic warning signs are:

1. Withholding information from the target;
2. Insisting the perpetrator is correct and the target is wrong;
3. Discounting information;
4. Harshly critiquing, insulting, or denouncing the target, usually through jokes;
5. Isolating the target from others;
6. Trivializing the target's worth;
7. Undermining the target through fatigue and exhaustion.
I can very easily point to evidence that LLD has done all of these things to me.

But I don't want to engage with this topic anymore because it is exhausting and not my priority rn.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Lady LambdaDelta
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 121

Post by Lady LambdaDelta »

Yes Eva that's basically it.
That which yields is not always weak.
Lady LambdaDelta
Stool Pigeon

Boy the fact that Epi has like, 1 scum max in his pool rn and none of them are being lynched today makes me really go "hmm"
Epignosis
Skeletor

Re: Inception [Subconscious Phase 1]

Post by Epignosis »

I cannot say what LLD's reason for suspecting nutella is. And I read the posts.

I went back, and I'm sorry, the posts against nutella are nonsense to me too. They go back to Day 1.
Lady LambdaDelta wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 7:59 pm
nutella wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 7:58 pm
Lady LambdaDelta wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 7:53 pm
nutella wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 7:51 pm
Dom wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 7:50 pm[VOTE: hyena] aubergine
Why? Read his iso. Maybe you'll like him. :shrug2:
[VOTE: Nutella] aubergine

-Nyx
Why? Read my iso. Maybe you'll like me. :grin: :grin: :grin:
This is scum who is confident they won't die and are indulging their cheekyness and confidence as a result of their alignment instead of attempting to sort things.

This is the lynch for today. Blood for the Blood gods.

-Lexi
It doesn't sound like that at all.
Lady LambdaDelta wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 8:38 pm
nutella wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 8:15 pm Look, I object to Dom blindly hopping on the Hyena wagon when he hasn't read anything. If he has read Hyena's iso and come to his own conclusions, then fine. I just want to make sure he's actually giving himself a chance to see hyena town.
nutella wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 8:08 pm
Lady LambdaDelta wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 7:59 pm
nutella wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 7:58 pm
Lady LambdaDelta wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 7:53 pm
nutella wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 7:51 pm
Dom wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 7:50 pm[VOTE: hyena] aubergine
Why? Read his iso. Maybe you'll like him. :shrug2:

-Nyx
Why? Read my iso. Maybe you'll like me. :grin: :grin: :grin:
This is scum who is confident they won't die and are indulging their cheekyness and confidence as a result of their alignment instead of attempting to sort things.

This is the lynch for today. Blood for the Blood gods.

-Lexi
No. You don't know me. Chill.
This sounds like scum caught for the wrong reasons.

-Angel
It doesn't sound like that at all.

I'll stop there, but the rest of it reads like more of the same to me.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Michelle wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:45 pm
nutella wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:40 pm

which it shouldn't be
no. The question implies this. I just said i can't RP related with the flavour. Is a trap because I don't understand where the problem lies.
He is an evil scum.
But if you trust him please lynch me today. I don't accept other lynch because i bet my life on him being scum.
ok. I believe you. I think his "trap" thing may just point more to him being scum
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

So Elephant and Michelle can’t be w/w so let’s just resolve this now.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

To be clear, the people in that middle tier are people I won't kick up a fuss over if people want to vote them.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Re: I am the Elephant.

Michelle wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:16 pm
Elephant wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:13 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:06 pm Btw, I think Elephant is a cute gimmick account now that I know it isn’t his main.
Thank you!
i agree, and that pic this morning with the little elephant at the water made me laugh for real ^^
I showed my son that picture and he was like “That’s an elephant!” 2 year olds are very observant.
Michelle
Made Man

Post by Michelle »

2 hours until Eod? just to check my clock

Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Epignosis wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:59 pm To be clear, the people in that middle tier are people I won't kick up a fuss over if people want to vote them.
And also people you’ll vote cause voting your scumreads is so last year.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

I need to place a vote so I'm voting [mention]Long Con[/mention]. I am uneasy with him and when I read back through his ISO it looked like to me he was heading for a vanity vote and then he changed direction to TLib. When asked to explain it he brushed it off until the next day and then never answered it. He also made a pretty abrupt change from suspecting me to moving me to the top of his town list and I suspect it was to pocket me.

I am not the greatest judge of Long Con I admit. I handed him a game on a platter not too long ago because I thought he was a friendly 3p when he was really scum, and that wasn't the first time he tricked me, so I'm probably paranoid about him.

Nevertheless, someone in our group has to be scum and I'm not convinced it's Elephant as others are or Hyena or nutella.

[VOTE: Long Con] aubergine
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:01 pm
Epignosis wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:59 pm To be clear, the people in that middle tier are people I won't kick up a fuss over if people want to vote them.
And also people you’ll vote cause voting your scumreads is so last year.
I was getting there. I have company. :meany:

[VOTE: Pawn Lelouch] aubergine
Michelle
Made Man

Re: I am the Elephant.

Post by Michelle »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:00 pm
Michelle wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:16 pm
Elephant wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:13 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:06 pm Btw, I think Elephant is a cute gimmick account now that I know it isn’t his main.
Thank you!
i agree, and that pic this morning with the little elephant at the water made me laugh for real ^^
I showed my son that picture and he was like “That’s an elephant!” 2 year olds are very observant.
I know how is it <3
wait one years or even less and all the why questions will be on your head ^^

Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 277

Post by Dom »

Evenstar wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 1:32 pm
Dom wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:40 pm Eva-- forget nutella and Epi for a second-- I'm not voting for either.

Who is bad and why?
Radishes, because of everything that happened in D4, plus compelling reasons that I can't share. Willing to let the vig get him though.
Quin, because they've lurked through the entire game and have a wolfy pickup today.
If it's not Nutella, Hyena is very likely scum. If neither of them are, look at Long Con.
112 could still be scum and I'm very tempted to resolve them today. They've felt weird this whole game and they had a wolfy vote earlier.

Never scum:
LLD
Rabbit
Pawn Lelouch
This post contradicts yourself from your previous wallpost but go off.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 277

Post by Dom »

Elephant wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:41 pm
Has Jack defended here?
With your weird voting rules, he'd have to know that Radishes was neither lynched nor nightkilled, then he'd have assumed that the other players went to a deeper dream level. And that being a 3-player dream, something had to happen.
Players jump to conclusions. If you lynch for that, lynch MR for his "gain some advantage" post, lynch TLib for "when I think split, I think two", lynch those on my level who predicted you would not see a nova flip on the above level. It's just not a lot if you take it by itself.

The weird thing is Jack predicting that MR gets lynched at that upper level. This was never clear until Evenstar switched her vote; maybe Sprityo could have predicted it if they anticipated Evenstar changing, which seems like a super big chance for scum to take when they could just have voted with Radishes. So that prediction is just a guess and nothing more"
he knew the exact conversation they were having.... that strikes me as WAY TMI.
Elephant wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 1:04 pm If Michelle is town, Dom is 100% a wolf, pending Michelle's reaction.
This is bunk.
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 1:06 pm
iaafr wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:54 am well im back to places where people suspect dom with me

in the layer with me/jack/epi/dom, jack/epi seemed convinced that dom was town but dom kept sussing jack in a way i felt was scummy but apparently didnt ping jack?
Legit Dom always scumreads me. It’s like being pinged by my Fitbit being on my wrist.
:hug:

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 1:18 pm
Dom wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:45 am This is from the Day 4 thread.
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:23 am
Dom wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:18 am
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:07 am I’m not certain there’s a wolf at all at this level. If there is, I’m not certain it’s Dom. Like I townread Epi for most of the game and then he told me my read on him was stupid. 😒

What’s the disadvantage to lynching if there is no wolf?

We’re lynching Radishes tomorrow regardless.
....why do you know radishes will be with "us"

This is so freaking weird that you have been assuming so much knowledge about the game. What do you know, why do you know it, and how do you know it?
I assume Radishes gets lynched today back to us. If not, idk what happens if scum wins the “final three.”

Surely they don’t just win cause why are we here if that’s the case?

They might all three come back to us regardless of their lynch.

So Radish should come back to us in a lot of possible worlds and we can and should lynch him tomorrow regardless of who we lynch today.
Jack has AMAZING knowledge of a thread he's not a part of, huh?
Dom wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:00 am[VOTE: jack] aubergine
Dom, are you seriously arguing I have tmi for theorizing a thing would happen that DIDN’T happen?
....you said they were discussing radishes all day... and wasn't that precisely what they discussed all day? Wasn't he the main event of the lynch and sprityo withheld his vote to fuck with him?

Like.. that's pretty much exactly what you predicted.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Lady LambdaDelta
Stool Pigeon

juliets wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:01 pm I need to place a vote so I'm voting @Long Con. I am uneasy with him and when I read back through his ISO it looked like to me he was heading for a vanity vote and then he changed direction to TLib. When asked to explain it he brushed it off until the next day and then never answered it. He also made a pretty abrupt change from suspecting me to moving me to the top of his town list and I suspect it was to pocket me.

I am not the greatest judge of Long Con I admit. I handed him a game on a platter not too long ago because I thought he was a friendly 3p when he was really scum, and that wasn't the first time he tricked me, so I'm probably paranoid about him.

Nevertheless, someone in our group has to be scum and I'm not convinced it's Elephant as others are or Hyena or nutella.

What do you hope to accomplish with this vote and do you think you will gather people onto this wagon?

in essence, the question is: Is this vote performative for a later time or do you genuinely believe you can convince people to join

I ask myself this question with my Nutella vote then I realize I got told I'm bad at this game so I'm happy to be bad and leave my vote there and hope people get the point and vote it.

but you actually have weight in the town and I think you're scum.

So answer the question

can you cause a Long Con lynch or is this vote a complete waste with 2 hours to go?
Evenstar
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Evenstar »

Dom wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:06 pm
Evenstar wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 1:32 pm
Dom wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:40 pm Eva-- forget nutella and Epi for a second-- I'm not voting for either.

Who is bad and why?
Radishes, because of everything that happened in D4, plus compelling reasons that I can't share. Willing to let the vig get him though.
Quin, because they've lurked through the entire game and have a wolfy pickup today.
If it's not Nutella, Hyena is very likely scum. If neither of them are, look at Long Con.
112 could still be scum and I'm very tempted to resolve them today. They've felt weird this whole game and they had a wolfy vote earlier.

Never scum:
LLD
Rabbit
Pawn Lelouch
This post contradicts yourself from your previous wallpost but go off.
Did I? Show me.
Elephant
Corrupt Union Official

I am the Elephant.

Post by Elephant »

Epignosis wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:41 pm Civilians

Dom - I would wager money Dom is a civilian.

Evenstar - For reasons.

Master Radishes - As I've alluded to, the Root and I had an exchange Day 2 that helped us better understand each other, and right now I find myself largely agreeing with his positions. I like what I see, though I don't have the same confidence I do with Dom.

juliets - I was concerned that I could not put juliets in this list as effortlessly as I have been able to in the past, but I reviewed my notes and the progression toward voting for Dragomir looks natural.

Michelle - Most of what I've seen from Michelle exudes a sense of genuineness that is difficult to fake for most. I wish Michelle (as with pretty much everyone) would examine suspects within the context of Day 1, since that is the most valuable Day the civilians have in the books, but I'm viewing Michelle as a civilian for now.

iaafr - I have no prior experience with iaafr, so take this with a grain of salt. However, iaafr posts with reckless abandon. If iaafr is mafia, then he doesn't give a toss about strategy or how his interactions with his teammates look. I mentioned something to this effect in another thread, but if I were on iaafr's team, I'd be pulling my hair out and maybe saying bad words in BTSC.

nutella - Anyone from here can tell you that nutella has been a perpetual blind spot for me for years. I feel that I'm turning a corner on that front. Alternatively, nutella always seems to have my number. I think the last couple of times I've been bad, she called it early and often. Maybe that's a fluke. Maybe it's a small sample size. I know she's correct about me again here, and I don't believe she's faking that. My conclusion from my prior analysis still holds: " I saw nutella as a civilian throughout Day 1, and I don’t see anything here that changes my mind."

Elephant - I concede it's a small point in his favor, but it exists and gives me a good impression of Elephant. Perhaps I'm misreading it, but oh well. Elephant wouldn't make my top five suspects today anyway.

People I need to Sort

ColinIsCool

Hyena

JackofHearts2005

Long Con

MacDougall

Quin

TrustworthyLiberal

Mafia

112 - In looking back, I still feel Dragomir and 112 were teammates softly pushing against each other. You can read those interactions in this spoiled post.

Pawn Lelouch - Pawn has done nothing productive today. He has his vote on me and is not engaging me. I don't know why he's voting for me unless it's still because of what is perhaps the worst reasoning I have ever witnessed.

LadyLambaDelta - Day 2, all LLD did was shit on my analyses. I replied, "There is no civilian reason to discredit my effort without attempting to engage with it in some capacity. If you believe I am mafia, then you should be able to show how the content of my effort is compatible with that hypothesis rather than merely claim that the effort itself is compatible with your hypothesis."

sprityo - sprityo makes the list because a lot of what he's doing looks like busy work. I don't understand the compilations of noteworthy posts he's making- I'm not seeing any value added. Is there any analysis or commentary to go with those?
I took your 3 walls and made an overview; the alignment designations are mine, the "can remian a suspect" should be your "People I need to Sort" category in the above post, but I put them as "scum lean".
viewtopic.php?f=260&t=1812&p=567125#p567125
viewtopic.php?f=260&t=1812&p=567127#p567127
viewtopic.php?f=260&t=1812&p=567128#p567128

112 mafia
I'm not going to waste words: 112 is a good candidate to be aligned with Dragomir, and I do not regret my Day 1 vote in the least.

Benson town
The overall interaction for Benson looks great. There are minor complaints I have. Let those be resolved Day 2, but if I had to guess, Benson is a civilian.

Creature scum lean
There are issues here. I see Creature as a compatible teammate. There isn't much interaction here, but what is here is questionable.

Elephant town lean
There aren’t really any other meaningful interactions with Dragomir, but I like this one to an extent that I’m almost (almost) willing to call Elephant a civilian and move on.

Evenstar town
I’m fine stopping here and calling Evenstar unaligned with Dragomir.

Hyena town lean
Overall, the positives strongly outweigh the negatives for Hyena. I can see him as a teammate trying to cause a ruckus at the end and save Dragomir, but I don’t.

iaafr zero
There are a few positives up in here for iaafr. However, there are certainly some things he’s going to have to answer for.

Jack zero
Aside from the Day 0 interaction, there isn’t really anything substantial to go on either way here. Jack voted 112, which is fine. Jack can remain a suspect, but he isn’t a strong one.

juliets town
I am comfortable at this point calling juliets not a teammate of Dragomir.

Lady lambdadelta scum lean
Lady LambaDelta can remain a suspect.

Long Con town lean
There are avenues for Long Con to be Dragomir’s teammate, but they are full of potholes and crackheads asking for five dollars. I don't want to go down that road.

MacDougall scum lean (incomplete)
Anyway, MacDougall voted for me, left his vote on me, and so he can go eat a bag of delicious iced caramel kremes. :nicenod:

Master Radishes scum lean
Master Radishes can remain a suspect.

Michelle scum lean
Michelle voted Hyena. There’s a couple of minor things in Michelle’s favor, sure, but not enough to rule her out. Michelle can remain a suspect.

Nanook scum lean
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME’s posts are teammate compatible. ... he can remain a suspect and warrants further scrutiny.

Novaseline scum lean
nova can remain a suspect.

nutella town
I saw nutella as a civilian throughout Day 1, and I don’t see anything here that changes my mind.

Pawn Lelouch zero
If I squint hard I could see a Dragomir teammate, but that last point resonates with me.

Quin scum lean
Quin can remain a suspect.

Rej scum lean
Rej can remain a suspect.

Spiny/Boo town
Due to the above, I think boo is not mafia.

Sprityo
sprityo can remain a suspect.

Tony zero
There is a mixed bag here. Some interactions warrant a raised eyebrow, but the biggest evidence in TSP’s favor is the little spat with Dragomir. It doesn’t look staged, so that’s nice.

Trsustworthy Liberal town lean
these posts give me a slightly favorable impression of TL.

vanity town lean
The evidence isn’t overwhelmingly strong, but it is sufficiently encouraging. I do not plan on pursuing a vanity. lynch today.
So, generally, your D1 reads did quite well: two of your town calls flipped town, and onyl two of your "teammate compatible" assessments (who should probably be in the "to be sorted" pile rather than scum leans?) flipped town as well. From a practical perspective, the problem with the wall was that it had too many null reads.

Town: Benson, Boo, Evenstar, juliets, nutella / Elephant, Hyena, vanity, Trustworthy Liberal
Mafia: 112

Compared with your present reads, you have now downgraded Hyena and Trustoworthy Liberal from town lean to zero, promoted Dom, iaafr, Master Radishes, and Michelle to town, and scumread Pawn Lelouch, Lady LambdaDelta, and Sprityo.

Could you please say a few words why you revised your opinion on Hyena, and why Mac remains unsorted?
I am the Elephant.
iaafr
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 876
Preferred Pronouns: any/especially "big chungus iaafr"

Post by iaafr »

butts.
Elephant
Corrupt Union Official

I am the Elephant.

Post by Elephant »

Sorry, I should have spoilered that. :doh:
I am the Elephant.
Evenstar
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Evenstar »

iaafr
Racketeer

Post by iaafr »

I think if there are scum on the table in terms of votes rn they're playing pretty well and the potential scum in my eyes who are playing less well don't feel on the table

I'm hesitant on elephant once more.

kinda just wanna vote into sprityo quin longcon
Michelle
Made Man

Post by Michelle »

Dom wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:06 pm
Elephant wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:41 pm
Has Jack defended here?
With your weird voting rules, he'd have to know that Radishes was neither lynched nor nightkilled, then he'd have assumed that the other players went to a deeper dream level. And that being a 3-player dream, something had to happen.
Players jump to conclusions. If you lynch for that, lynch MR for his "gain some advantage" post, lynch TLib for "when I think split, I think two", lynch those on my level who predicted you would not see a nova flip on the above level. It's just not a lot if you take it by itself.

The weird thing is Jack predicting that MR gets lynched at that upper level. This was never clear until Evenstar switched her vote; maybe Sprityo could have predicted it if they anticipated Evenstar changing, which seems like a super big chance for scum to take when they could just have voted with Radishes. So that prediction is just a guess and nothing more"
he knew the exact conversation they were having.... that strikes me as WAY TMI.
Elephant wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 1:04 pm If Michelle is town, Dom is 100% a wolf, pending Michelle's reaction.
This is bunk.
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 1:06 pm
iaafr wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:54 am well im back to places where people suspect dom with me

in the layer with me/jack/epi/dom, jack/epi seemed convinced that dom was town but dom kept sussing jack in a way i felt was scummy but apparently didnt ping jack?
Legit Dom always scumreads me. It’s like being pinged by my Fitbit being on my wrist.
:hug:

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 1:18 pm
Dom wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:45 am This is from the Day 4 thread.
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:23 am
Dom wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:18 am
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:07 am I’m not certain there’s a wolf at all at this level. If there is, I’m not certain it’s Dom. Like I townread Epi for most of the game and then he told me my read on him was stupid. 😒

What’s the disadvantage to lynching if there is no wolf?

We’re lynching Radishes tomorrow regardless.
....why do you know radishes will be with "us"

This is so freaking weird that you have been assuming so much knowledge about the game. What do you know, why do you know it, and how do you know it?
I assume Radishes gets lynched today back to us. If not, idk what happens if scum wins the “final three.”

Surely they don’t just win cause why are we here if that’s the case?

They might all three come back to us regardless of their lynch.

So Radish should come back to us in a lot of possible worlds and we can and should lynch him tomorrow regardless of who we lynch today.
Jack has AMAZING knowledge of a thread he's not a part of, huh?
Dom wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:00 am[VOTE: jack] aubergine
Dom, are you seriously arguing I have tmi for theorizing a thing would happen that DIDN’T happen?
....you said they were discussing radishes all day... and wasn't that precisely what they discussed all day? Wasn't he the main event of the lynch and sprityo withheld his vote to fuck with him?

Like.. that's pretty much exactly what you predicted.
googled it and I agree. I'd say is a bad logic and shows how easy he took the idea of you being scum after I said few times you may be scum.
He started to change reads on you step by step, gradually, and finished with this. Very convenient for scum. Too bad, meanwhile i started to think I was wrong about you.
Not to mention all day he posted things to shade me, in specifically scum behaviour.

juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Lady LambdaDelta wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:07 pm
juliets wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:01 pm I need to place a vote so I'm voting Long Con. I am uneasy with him and when I read back through his ISO it looked like to me he was heading for a vanity vote and then he changed direction to TLib. When asked to explain it he brushed it off until the next day and then never answered it. He also made a pretty abrupt change from suspecting me to moving me to the top of his town list and I suspect it was to pocket me.

What do you hope to accomplish with this vote and do you think you will gather people onto this wagon?

in essence, the question is: Is this vote performative for a later time or do you genuinely believe you can convince people to join

I ask myself this question with my Nutella vote then I realize I got told I'm bad at this game so I'm happy to be bad and leave my vote there and hope people get the point and vote it.

but you actually have weight in the town and I think you're scum.

So answer the question

can you cause a Long Con lynch or is this vote a complete waste with 2 hours to go?
I doubt I can cause a Long Con lynch today but maybe there are others who also suspect him who will vote him in the future.

I don't know what you mean by "performative", it is not a word we use here in relation to mafia so if you want to tell me what it means maybe I can answer your question.

I really don't have weight in the town and if you think I am scum you should make the case and vote for me.

I'm not reading Eva, Elephant or nutella as scum at this time so I'm not going to put my vote there just because there are people on the wagons.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Elephant
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Elephant »

nutella wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:43 pm my question to you Elephant is why you knew to ask drago to roleplay in d1? you wouldn't have had any reason to know the scum had movie characters at that point unless you were one so how would you know that was a trap at that point
I knew what I had wasn't a character. What he wrote looked wrong. He wrote this:
I've been assuming that whatever character you have would dictate your alignment, like if your character is a good guy, they'd be town right?
The idea that Dragomir could use "good guy" to refer to a subconscious aspect seemed wrong, it pinged me. I didn't know if Dragomir was himself trying to trap juliets (she does mention "loneliness" though), and what he wrote was a bit ambigupous, so I was just beating about the bush, but he never gave me a reaction like Michelle did.
I am the Elephant.
Michelle
Made Man

Post by Michelle »

iaafr wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:14 pm I think if there are scum on the table in terms of votes rn they're playing pretty well and the potential scum in my eyes who are playing less well don't feel on the table

I'm hesitant on elephant once more.

kinda just wanna vote into sprityo quin longcon
what makes you hesitant? I see him very opportunistic.

iaafr
Racketeer

Post by iaafr »

[VOTE: long con] aubergine

this is where my heart wants to sit for now
Hyena
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 544
Preferred Pronouns: Any pronouns work!

Post by Hyena »

juliets wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:01 pm I need to place a vote so I'm voting @Long Con. I am uneasy with him and when I read back through his ISO it looked like to me he was heading for a vanity vote and then he changed direction to TLib. When asked to explain it he brushed it off until the next day and then never answered it. He also made a pretty abrupt change from suspecting me to moving me to the top of his town list and I suspect it was to pocket me.

Return to “Inception: Adrift in Limbo”