Host/non/dead option
79%

Total votes: 19
Master Radishes
Hitman
Posts in topic: 595

Re: Inception [Subconscious Phase 12]

Post by Master Radishes »

[mention]juliets[/mention] how much faith do you put in our Deified Gamemakers to keep balance?
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 1019
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

Master Radishes wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 7:40 pm @juliets how much faith do you put in our Deified Gamemakers to keep balance?
I'm not certain I understand the question. Do you mean how much faith do I put in LLD and Jack?
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 803
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

Master Radishes wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 7:40 pm how much faith do you put in our Deified Gamemakers to keep balance?
Lol I can tell this is gonna be good.
Master Radishes
Hitman

Actually, not going to wait for a response.

If we want to put any credence at all into the idea that the scum would be split relatively evenly across the different dream levels, LLD is almost never mafia. In Day 3, she was stuck in DL2 as one of only five players, of whom one was Mac.

(Another two: Michelle and Quin - Michelle started by SRing Quin, then came out later to TR him. Hmm?)

Do the game mechanics allow for a DL of 5 players to contain 2 mafia, and the deeper DL to contain 9 players, of which only 1 (Eva) is mafia?

Why does LLD get booted from DL2 if she is scum with Mac? Highly unlikely she's the 'lynch' there, and more more likely the NK. If Mac and her thought that up on purpose, one of them would have floated the idea by now as a reason for her being cleared.

If this isn't making sense, I can, like, put it into a table or something tomorrow. But if we think JJJ wanted to keep the levels even somewhat balanced, LLD is never scum.
Master Radishes
Hitman

Let me try colour coding and such.

On Day 3:

Dream Level 2 - 112, LLD, Mac, Michelle, Quin
Dream Level 3 - Colin, Dom, Epi, Eva, iaafr, Jack, Radishes, Pawn, sprit

Where is the scum likely to be found?
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Massive disappointment.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

We already went over this. We don’t know how many scum belonged on each level and even if we did, we don’t know where Drago was supposed to go.
Master Radishes
Hitman

Follow up:

Quin and LLD are kicked from DL2 that Day. If scum control 2 votes, how does LLD end up lynched? If LLD is scum, why do her and Mac pseudo-kill her back down to DL1 and then not take any advantage of 'clearing' her for it?
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Master Radishes wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 7:49 pm Let me try colour coding and such.

On Day 3:

Dream Level 2 - 112, LLD, Mac, Michelle, Quin
Dream Level 3 - Colin, Dom, Epi, Eva, iaafr, Jack, Radishes, Pawn, sprit

Where is the scum likely to be found?
Actually wait good idea. :rolleyes:
Master Radishes
Hitman

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 7:50 pm We already went over this. We don’t know how many scum belonged on each level and even if we did, we don’t know where Drago was supposed to go.
...is what you have to say, yes.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Master Radishes wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 7:51 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 7:50 pm We already went over this. We don’t know how many scum belonged on each level and even if we did, we don’t know where Drago was supposed to go.
...is what you have to say, yes.
And your response to that massive hole in your idea is what?
Master Radishes
Hitman

On Day 4:

DL2: 112, Mac, Michelle, Colin*, Pawn*
DL3: Dom, Epi, iaafr, Jack
DL4: Eva, Radishes, sprityo

Again, where's the scum?
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Master Radishes wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 7:54 pm On Day 4:

DL2: 112, Mac, Michelle, Colin*, Pawn*
DL3: Dom, Epi, iaafr, Jack
DL4: Eva, Radishes, sprityo

Again, where's the scum?
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Look at DL4 and tell me that there is supposed to be a fair townie to wolf balance in each DL.
Master Radishes
Hitman

Jack's snarky post ^ is not made by a townie trying to convince us of his innocence.

If Jack thinks I'm 3P (I was expecting a light blue colour, though) then he should be making his case for LLD or juliets to be the mafia. Instead he's trying to get me lynched and effectively rolling his eyes at me and playing the 'well we just don't know' card.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

If there’s a wolf at every level, it means that D2 and D3 were joke phases that didn’t do anything except at DL1.
Master Radishes
Hitman

Side bar: I've not forgotten how in D1 Eva and Nutella argued with charts and things and Jack towncleared Eva for it.
Master Radishes
Hitman

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:00 pm If there’s a wolf at every level, it means that D2 and D3 were joke phases that didn’t do anything except at DL1.
Well, yeah, that's clearly been established already, considering there were no real 'lynches' or 'kills'.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Master Radishes wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 7:58 pm Jack's snarky post ^ is not made by a townie trying to convince us of his innocence.

If Jack thinks I'm 3P (I was expecting a light blue colour, though) then he should be making his case for LLD or juliets to be the mafia. Instead he's trying to get me lynched and effectively rolling his eyes at me and playing the 'well we just don't know' card.
I’m trying to debunk your bullshit which could cause Juliets, who has had a hell of a week, to make a wrong snap decision.

You a textbook poisoning the well. Put forth a nonsense case. If I let it stand, I’m a wolf. If I debunk it, I’m a wolf.

Just because you’re ignoring mechanical ways for townies to win (cause you’re not interested in them because you’re not town) doesn’t mean the town should. There are mechanical things that I don’t know because I’m not Juliets. That fact doesn’t make me scum.
Master Radishes
Hitman

Some more wine to sip at:

Eva tried to spew me 3P in her dying moments. Mac immediately jumped on it when the next phase started, retrospectively indicating that was the mafia's plan. Of course, wolves always distance, and Jack was the only person at all to later suggest I might not be (presumably also because he thinks 3P!me won't poison him if he does.)
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Master Radishes wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:00 pm Side bar: I've not forgotten how in D1 Eva and Nutella argued with charts and things and Jack towncleared Eva for it.
The fuck are you talking about?
Master Radishes
Hitman

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:03 pm
Master Radishes wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 7:58 pm Jack's snarky post ^ is not made by a townie trying to convince us of his innocence.

I’m trying to debunk your bullshit which could cause Juliets, who has had a hell of a week, to make a wrong snap decision.

You a textbook poisoning the well. Put forth a nonsense case. If I let it stand, I’m a wolf. If I debunk it, I’m a wolf.

Just because you’re ignoring mechanical ways for townies to win (cause you’re not interested in them because you’re not town) doesn’t mean the town should. There are mechanical things that I don’t know because I’m not Juliets. That fact doesn’t make me scum.
Your mechanics are bad. Lynching 3P here does not help the town win, no matter who among us it is. We have to lynch scum first, always.

The last two lines in your post there are also not said by townies.
Master Radishes
Hitman

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:04 pm
Master Radishes wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:00 pm Side bar: I've not forgotten how in D1 Eva and Nutella argued with charts and things and Jack towncleared Eva for it.
The time you said Eva was town because of something something arguing with nutella.

I TRed you for it at the time and everyone flipped out, so it stuck in my mind.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Master Radishes wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:05 pm

Your mechanics are bad. Lynching 3P here does not help the town win, no matter who among us it is. We have to lynch scum first, always.

If we lynch you and nobody is poisoned and LLD shoots the commuter or if we lynch you and LLD is poisoned, town wins.

That’s a fact.

I haven’t voted for you because that may not be the best way to get the town to win.

You’re dishonestly pushing me because I pushed you first. You don’t really care who gets lynched but if I lose credibility, it’s less likely to be you.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Master Radishes wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:06 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:04 pm
The time you said Eva was town because of something something arguing with nutella.

I TRed you for it at the time and everyone flipped out, so it stuck in my mind.
I don’t have the slightest idea what you are talking about.

I townread Eva for Iaafr convincing me she was the mason and I scumread her for thinking Nutella was softing mason. Neither of those things happened D1.
Master Radishes
Hitman

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:10 pm

If we lynch you and nobody is poisoned and LLD shoots the commuter or if we lynch you and LLD is poisoned, town wins.

That’s a fact.

I haven’t voted for you because that may not be the best way to get the town to win.

You’re dishonestly pushing me because I pushed you first. You don’t really care who gets lynched but if I lose credibility, it’s less likely to be you.
But your 'fact' isn't covering all scenarios, and also contains far too many 'ifs' within each option.

Also, now you're OMGUSing as a defence. Pick a defence and stick to it.
Master Radishes
Hitman

Lmao I misremembered the Eva thing.

And it still doesn't end up a great look for you.

At the time you were calling Eva scummy, and I misread your posts and said I TRed you for TRing Eva.

You never corrected me, you just said you liked my read.

(Then, despite apparently SRing Eva, you went and voted 112.)
Master Radishes
Hitman

Anyway, it's after midnight and I'm going to bed.

I solemnly swear to give LLD her due scrutiny before EoD. I'm not going to lynch someone solely off dream-level-balance. It's just solid circumstantial evidence.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Master Radishes wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:14 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:10 pm

That’s a fact.

But your 'fact' isn't covering all scenarios, and also contains far too many 'ifs' within each option.

Also, now you're OMGUSing as a defence. Pick a defence and stick to it.
You said it doesn’t lead to a town win. I said it could. I’m right. You’re wrong. I know there are a lot of ifs. That’s why I’ve spent all phases trying to figure out the ifs and that’s why I’m not voting you.

That’s not what omgus is. I’m not considering voting you because you said you suspect me. I’m considering voting you because you got spewed 3P by the 3P cops and there are some scenarios where lynching you would win the town the game.

None of what you’re saying effects how much I want to vote for you. I’m pointing out you’re full of shit for Juliets’s benefit (and because I like to argue on the Internet).
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Master Radishes wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:20 pm Lmao I misremembered the Eva thing.

And it still doesn't end up a great look for you.

At the time you were calling Eva scummy, and I misread your posts and said I TRed you for TRing Eva.

You never corrected me, you just said you liked my read.

(Then, despite apparently SRing Eva, you went and voted 112.)
I don’t remember this part either but okay.
Master Radishes
Hitman

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:22 pm You said it doesn’t lead to a town win. I said it could. I’m right. You’re wrong.
Okie dokie, the semantics argument, then. That's a winning town strategy too. :thumbsup:
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

No one has to worry about me making a snap decision. I am watching a football game (that it looks like we just lost) and am following along but I need to re-read this all when I am fresh in the morning. I haven't even had any wine because I don't want my mind to be any more boggled than it is right now.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Master Radishes
Hitman

Jack: I'm unlynchable

MR: *rolls up sleeves*
Master Radishes
Hitman

OnemorethingEvaalsopretendednottoknowJackinD1okaygoodnight
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

The DL balance argument is one that appeals to me but I promise I won't make a decision based on that alone.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

At this point, I’m strongly tempted to vote no lynch because fighting hard to get a coinflip to either be lynched and lose or to lynch a baddie and immediately lose to the other baddie doesn’t sound like a good time.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Master Radishes wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:27 pm Jack: I'm unlynchable

MR: *rolls up sleeves*
For the record, town doesn’t have majority so if I get lynched, it doesn’t count.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Master Radishes wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:25 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:22 pm You said it doesn’t lead to a town win. I said it could. I’m right. You’re wrong.
Okie dokie, the semantics argument, then. That's a winning town strategy too. :thumbsup:
I never said it would lead to a town win.

You’re saying I’m a baddie by knocking down an argument I never made and then saying me correcting you also makes me a baddie.
Lady LambdaDelta
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 121

Post by Lady LambdaDelta »

juliets wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 7:10 pm
Master Radishes wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 7:06 pm What if we no lynch and see what happens?
Honestly, this is where I started the day.

What would make this a bad idea?
Mathematically wrong.

Do not do this.
That which yields is not always weak.
Lady LambdaDelta
Stool Pigeon

Juliets, we need to lynch scum.

Radishes if you do not lynch Jack I will lynch you instead. I will not no lynch today.

There, that ahould be 3 jack votes.

Juliets if you think I am town and you should just trust me on this.

Radishes if you want a chance at winning you also need to do this.
Lady LambdaDelta
Stool Pigeon

Like I can break down the math for you on each one if you want but the math is obvious honestly
Lady LambdaDelta
Stool Pigeon

Lynch scum wins 2/3 times.
Lynch third party wins 1/3 times.
No lynch wins 4/9 times (1.33/3)

Lynching scum is mathematically correct
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Lady LambdaDelta wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:45 pm Like I can break down the math for you on each one if you want but the math is obvious honestly
Ok no problem. My head is not comprehending the math as well as you guys.

Also, I broke down and decided I needed some wine.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Lady LambdaDelta wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:46 pm Lynch scum wins 2/3 times.

What are the odds if we lynch town?
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Don't think I'm not taking this seriously because I am. But wine.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Lady LambdaDelta
Stool Pigeon

juliets wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:47 pm
Lady LambdaDelta wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:45 pm Like I can break down the math for you on each one if you want but the math is obvious honestly

Oh honey.

I am... Sorry.

I have been trying not to comment on your dad for fear of it being seen as a game thing to convince you

But seriously, if you need to replace out or ask for an extension or... Whatever

Just do it. It is more important you find time to grieve and rest than to win this game.

Okay?
Lady LambdaDelta
Stool Pigeon

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:49 pm

If we lynch a townie, townies lose in all worlds. 0/3
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Lady LambdaDelta wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:50 pm
juliets wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:47 pm

Oh honey.

I am... Sorry.

I have been trying not to comment on your dad for fear of it being seen as a game thing to convince you

But seriously, if you need to replace out or ask for an extension or... Whatever

Just do it. It is more important you find time to grieve and rest than to win this game.

Okay?
Oh sorry Lexi I mean my will broke down and I poured a glass of wine. I didn't emotionally break down. I'm really still in shock so a zombie but thank you for your kind words.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Lady LambdaDelta wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:52 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:49 pm

If we lynch a townie, townies lose in all worlds. 0/3
I don’t believe you’re actually doing any math and also, you’re proposing that scenario so...
Lady LambdaDelta
Stool Pigeon

But that is how most lylo works and no lynching takes control out of our hands.

I can explain more in-depth if needed buy it is strictly wrong

Return to “Inception: Adrift in Limbo”