Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 73

Re: [DAY 2] Harry Potter Mafia

Post by Snapshot »

Bridget Bishop wrote:
Entjen Gillis wrote:
Bridget Bishop wrote:
Entjen Gillis wrote:a bit surprised by the choice there. Ripiywg Agnes
I'm not surprised at all. She can't be lynched. She's not bad.

The end.
There are secrets. Just because she wasn't lynched doesn't mean she is automatically good. There wasn't a high probability of her being lynched again today, I just wasn't expecting her to be nightkilled since there was so much focus on her.
She got killed so she wasn't good? How is that possible?
I'm not saying for sure that she was good or bad, but there is a second baddie team, it's possible she was a member of their group.
Reporting
Rachel Green
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 68

Post by Rachel Green »

Bridget Bishop wrote:
Entjen Gillis wrote:
Bridget Bishop wrote:

The end.
There are secrets. Just because she wasn't lynched doesn't mean she is automatically good. There wasn't a high probability of her being lynched again today, I just wasn't expecting her to be nightkilled since there was so much focus on her.
She got killed so she wasn't good? How is that possible?
There are two mafia teams. So while she was killed by one it is still possible she was a member of the other.
Rachel Green
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Rachel Green »

The only way you'd know she was good Bridget is if you are a member of the other team :p :eye:
Julinook
Hydra Account
Posts in topic: 53
Aka: Juliets + Nanook

Post by Julinook »

To Entjen and Mary, wtf are you talking about? I see only one baddie team?
Snapshot
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Snapshot »

Barbara Kollerin wrote:To Entjen and Mary, wtf are you talking about? I see only one baddie team?
The Teachers
Reporting
Julinook
Hydra Account

Post by Julinook »

Voldemort is listed as killing every night. That's one baddie team.

And do you really think McGonagall is a baddie? What kind of messed up game setup would that be?
Snapshot
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Snapshot »

Barbara Kollerin wrote:Voldemort is listed as killing every night. That's one baddie team.

And do you really think McGonagall is a baddie? What kind of messed up game setup would that be?
Really, you're going to assume that a team of four players, all with secret roles is friendly to civvies?
Reporting
Rachel Green
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Rachel Green »

Does anyone see win conditions listed?

my understanding based on how the roles are set up on the first page, is the students and teachers are different teams. Regardless of if you want to use the word baddie or not... They likely have a different win condition and could be a threat to the students.

Lol I keep trying to post at the same time as Mary. We are on the same pageMary :hug: :omg:
Julinook
Hydra Account

Post by Julinook »

Mary Eastey wrote:
Barbara Kollerin wrote:Voldemort is listed as killing every night. That's one baddie team.

Really, you're going to assume that a team of four players, all with secret roles is friendly to civvies?
I'll believe the teachers at Hogwarts (except maybe Snape :mafia: ) are good until it's proven otherwise, yes.

When a baddie team kills every night there is one baddie team. Leaping right to "the other baddie team" exactly 30 seconds behind Entjen saying the same thing is far more interesting to me than the idea that Flitwick or McGonagall could be cast as baddies, at this point. :shrug:
Paul Stevens
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 30

Post by Paul Stevens »

German: the legend of RIPIYWG! Insanified, we care ... Can you tell me? Many women may be an important part of the group.
Snapshot
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Snapshot »

Oh come on! This is different then an indie role, this is a whole damn team! We know nothing about them! Are you really going to sit there and assume they are good? What the hell are you on, and can I have some?
Reporting
Rachel Green
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Rachel Green »

Lovely hosts, any chance we can get some win conditions?
Kent Brockman
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 8

Post by Kent Brockman »

They are each the head of a Hogwarts house, if that helps out at all. :ponder:

I'm guessing of the 16 students perhaps 4 are a member of each house (I don't have the time or initiative to look them all up right now)? So my (un?)educated guess is some teachers are a benefit to some students and not to others. :confused:
Celeste
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 120

Post by Celeste »

I was wondering about that as well.
Rachel Green
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Rachel Green »

I just checked the role list and at a glance it looks to be 4 each
Kent Brockman
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Kent Brockman »

Ok, I really did have the time to do it....

Harry, Hermoine, Ron and Neville are Gryffindor
Cedric, Justin, Ernie and Hannah are Hufflepuffs
Luna, Cho, Michael and Anthony are Ravenclaw
Draco, Vincent, Gregory and Pansy are Slytherin

+50 points to Brita Zippels house! :noble:
Snapshot
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Snapshot »

Hmm, this is interesting.
Reporting
Ned Flanders
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 41

Post by Ned Flanders »

I think some people are looking at things wrong. I also think at least one of you is doing it intentionally.

The Malfoys are not good people, and while Draco is currently listed as what some may be inclined to think of as 'civvies', the header only says 'Students'. As has been pointed out, there are no win conditions posted.

Voldemort and team have the only NK, assuming the Teachers are baddies as a result is, for anyone familiar with the story, absurd (Snape being a possible exception). Those roles (and Voldemorts Army for that matter) do not have stated BTSC. I believe the VA do, but I am somewhat doubtful the teachers do.

In my opinion, it is likely Lucius is a recruiter, specifically trying to find Draco and bring him (and perhaps all, or some of, Crabbe, Goyle, and Pansy) into the fold, either with VA, or as a second and related group. Alternately, I can see him being a traitor role to the VA, which is what I am hopeful of, but in a game this size with the numbers being what they are, the way I see it that is unlikely.

As for Agnes, she survived a lynch, but maintained suspicion. I am of the opinion she was not Harry Potter, because we know Voldemort has Horcruxes in play, and therefore I expect that role to survive at least a single NK. I think targeting her, with the reasonable assumption the protector would not use (important to note they are limited in this game) it on her, was to check and see if she was indeed HP. Since she died, her being Harry is unlikely, and I believe VA know it to not be the case because I think Voldemorts role includes information on the Horcruxes.

As for her actual role, there are still two roles (Justin and Cho), that I am quite confident are what we can consider to be civvie that could explain her D1 survival, she could have been a teacher (and therefore imo probably, although we have no guarantee, civvie aligned), or she could have been Draco or Crabbe, in which case, as far as I'm concerned, we might still be better off without her. Or her survival could have been a result of a prize from D0, although at this point with all the role possibilities for lynch survivals, I'm inclined to doubt that.

As for useful information, Mary, Bridget, and Entjen, based on posts since D2 started, are the candidates for my vote as of now. Between the three of them, I think there is some intentional misinformation being spread, and while I seriously doubt more than one of them is VA, I do expect I will be voting for one of them today. Hopefully further discussion (and host clarifications, I'm interested to know if we'll get explicit win conditions, but if we do I would have follow up questions) will make it more clear which of the three I should go with.
Assault
Julinook
Hydra Account

Post by Julinook »

So despite his role having no secrets, you think Harry would survive a NK due to the horcrux conenction to Volde? Interesting... I'd love to hope it's true, I'd hate to have lost Harry already...
Kent Brockman
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Kent Brockman »

Krystyna Ceynowa wrote: In my opinion, it is likely Lucius is a recruiter, specifically trying to find Draco and bring him (and perhaps all, or some of, Crabbe, Goyle, and Pansy) into the fold, either with VA, or as a second and related group. Alternately, I can see him being a traitor role to the VA, which is what I am hopeful of, but in a game this size with the numbers being what they are, the way I see it that is unlikely.
This was my thinking as well, excpet if there was the possibility of Agnes being Draco and Lucius being a recruiter, why would they would have killed her?
Ben Linus
Mouthpiece of Jacob
Posts in topic: 138

Post by Ben Linus »

Mary Eastey wrote:Weird NK, not really sure what to make of this.
Well imagine if Agnes was Harry Potter, now Draco can be lynched. That's my guess anyway.
Ben Linus
Mouthpiece of Jacob

Post by Ben Linus »

Entjen Gillis wrote:Does anyone see win conditions listed?

my understanding based on how the roles are set up on the first page, is the students and teachers are different teams. Regardless of if you want to use the word baddie or not... They likely have a different win condition and could be a threat to the students.

Lol I keep trying to post at the same time as Mary. We are on the same pageMary :hug: :omg:
I could see the teachers being a pro-town faction that has their own place to communicate.
Ned Flanders
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Ned Flanders »

Brita Zippel wrote:
Krystyna Ceynowa wrote: In my opinion, it is likely Lucius is a recruiter, specifically trying to find Draco and bring him (and perhaps all, or some of, Crabbe, Goyle, and Pansy) into the fold, either with VA, or as a second and related group. Alternately, I can see him being a traitor role to the VA, which is what I am hopeful of, but in a game this size with the numbers being what they are, the way I see it that is unlikely.
This was my thinking as well, excpet if there was the possibility of Agnes being Draco and Lucius being a recruiter, why would they would have killed her?
If the team is concerned Lucius has the possibility of being a traitor role, which, in their position would be a concern for me, I would consider it a good choice. Of course, I think the real hope they had with the kill was that Agnes was Harry, and by targeting her N1 they could set her up to be killed later in the game at their pleasure (more or less, N2 wouldn't be doable since they cannot double target, but with Neville only having 2 protects, N3 or N4 would be my expected time frame for them having tried to kill her again had she survived).

The importance of killing Harry early on for them of course (and why it was worth the risk to target her given she could have been Draco who they could potentially have wanted to recruit), would outweigh any other benefits. We know there is going to be a hunt for the Hollows (starting N2 with the cloak), and it also says 'and many more', which presumably refers to us eventually having to hunt down and destroy Horcruxes. Since Dumbledore is not a player role, my guess is he (along with other major characters no one has), will come into the game as helpers in these efforts. They all have secret roles, meaning they could, and probably do, know things the rest of us do not. In my opinion, it is likely that Harry will (if alive) play an important part in these events, giving them motive to off that role as fast as they possibly can.

This isn't really where I'd like to see discussion go today though. It's D2, and I want to baddie hunt, not guess at what is in store for us down the road, since, at least for me, all it is is guesswork, and that's no immediate use, since the strategy for the NK is one I would see anyone using, and this being a sock puppet game, even if I could narrow down people who would vs people who wouldn't, I would have no practical way of using the beliefs I formed (although I guess if other people start making it as a good a bet whose behind the sock as I have between my last post and this one, that would be less of a problem).

So, in that vein, of the three names I put forward, do you see any of them being possibilities for your vote today, and if not, do you have anyone else in mind? This is an open question to everyone, but since you and I seem to be on a similar wavelength, at least at present, this referring to both you saying you're thinking along at least similar lines to the Malfoys, and your post regarding the houses. To me that means you're looking at the game in the same way I am, and that early honesty (which will probably get a target painted on both our backs, at least for NK targets) makes me lean towards trusting you.
Assault
Ned Flanders
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Ned Flanders »

Jennet Bierley wrote:
Well imagine if Agnes was Harry Potter, now Draco can be lynched. That's my guess anyway.
Ah, this is also a good point, although I would flip it around. Even if they could recruit Draco through Lucius, if they cannot NK Harry, giving up that possibility in order to be able to have Harry lynched if the votes ever fell that way would probably be seen as worth it.
Assault
Spooky Ghost
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 180

Post by Spooky Ghost »

Bridget Bishop wrote:

The end.
:eye: :eye: :eye: :eye:
Explain this to me when every single role not listed under students has "secrets".
Bridget Bishop wrote:
It wasn't weird at all. It made utter sense. What it says is that Voledemot's Army cannot survive lynches. Agnes' survival told them what they need to no.
Maybe I missed something, but I do not see where it says Voldemort and his Army cannot survive lynches?
A Person
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 43

Post by A Person »

Entjen Gillis wrote:Lovely hosts, any chance we can get some win conditions?
Interesting question. :)
Celeste
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Celeste »

Krystyna Ceynowa wrote:In my opinion, it is likely Lucius is a recruiter, specifically trying to find Draco and bring him (and perhaps all, or some of, Crabbe, Goyle, and Pansy) into the fold, either with VA, or as a second and related group. Alternately, I can see him being a traitor role to the VA, which is what I am hopeful of, but in a game this size with the numbers being what they are, the way I see it that is unlikely.

As for Agnes, she survived a lynch, but maintained suspicion. I am of the opinion she was not Harry Potter, because we know Voldemort has Horcruxes in play, and therefore I expect that role to survive at least a single NK. I think targeting her, with the reasonable assumption the protector would not use (important to note they are limited in this game) it on her, was to check and see if she was indeed HP. Since she died, her being Harry is unlikely, and I believe VA know it to not be the case because I think Voldemorts role includes information on the Horcruxes.
I think both of these things can't be true at the same time. If the Death Eaters could recruit Draco then it wouldn't have made sense to kill Agnes last night who had a 1/4 chance of being Draco.
Kent Brockman
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Kent Brockman »

Krystyna Ceynowa wrote:
Brita Zippel wrote:
If the team is concerned Lucius has the possibility of being a traitor role, which, in their position would be a concern for me, I would consider it a good choice. Of course, I think the real hope they had with the kill was that Agnes was Harry, and by targeting her N1 they could set her up to be killed later in the game at their pleasure (more or less, N2 wouldn't be doable since they cannot double target, but with Neville only having 2 protects, N3 or N4 would be my expected time frame for them having tried to kill her again had she survived).

The importance of killing Harry early on for them of course (and why it was worth the risk to target her given she could have been Draco who they could potentially have wanted to recruit), would outweigh any other benefits. We know there is going to be a hunt for the Hollows (starting N2 with the cloak), and it also says 'and many more', which presumably refers to us eventually having to hunt down and destroy Horcruxes. Since Dumbledore is not a player role, my guess is he (along with other major characters no one has), will come into the game as helpers in these efforts. They all have secret roles, meaning they could, and probably do, know things the rest of us do not. In my opinion, it is likely that Harry will (if alive) play an important part in these events, giving them motive to off that role as fast as they possibly can.

This isn't really where I'd like to see discussion go today though. It's D2, and I want to baddie hunt, not guess at what is in store for us down the road, since, at least for me, all it is is guesswork, and that's no immediate use, since the strategy for the NK is one I would see anyone using, and this being a sock puppet game, even if I could narrow down people who would vs people who wouldn't, I would have no practical way of using the beliefs I formed (although I guess if other people start making it as a good a bet whose behind the sock as I have between my last post and this one, that would be less of a problem).

So, in that vein, of the three names I put forward, do you see any of them being possibilities for your vote today, and if not, do you have anyone else in mind? This is an open question to everyone, but since you and I seem to be on a similar wavelength, at least at present, this referring to both you saying you're thinking along at least similar lines to the Malfoys, and your post regarding the houses. To me that means you're looking at the game in the same way I am, and that early honesty (which will probably get a target painted on both our backs, at least for NK targets) makes me lean towards trusting you.
Yes, that does make sense but if Lucius really can recruit (which we don't know if that's his power or not) I don't think its just *anyone* he can choose. I'd say the Slytherins and possibly Snape. So unless they were able to send a search in to see if Agnes was Draco first, and *then* send the kill in when they found out she wasn't, then I don't know why they'd take the chance on one of their possible recruits. But, yeah, we don't know if they can recruit or who for that matter so spending time on this is going to be distracting.

And yes, I could see myself voting for one of those three today. Bridgette or Mary more likely over Entjen at this point. Bridgettes posts about the NK:
Bridget Bishop wrote:
It wasn't weird at all. It made utter sense. What it says is that Voledemot's Army cannot survive lynches. Agnes' survival told them what they need to no.
and:
Bridget Bishop wrote:

and Mary's posts about the teachers:
Mary Eastey wrote:

Mary Eastey wrote:Oh come on! This is different then an indie role, this is a whole damn team! We know nothing about them! Are you really going to sit there and assume they are good? What the hell are you on, and can I have some?

The end.
Are what mainly have me looking their way. What I wonder about Entjen is was the day one Entjen/Agnes civvie/civvie? I am leaning yes on that one. But then Entjen being on the same page as Mary has me scratching my head a bit. I want to read over the day one lynch again too (should have done it before I made this post :derp: ).

Still early in the day though :shrug: Did anyone get a screen cap of the day one vote?

Also, was Agnes a target for some other reason? Who were her suspects from day one? Was it a frame job?
Celeste
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Celeste »

A Person wrote:
This is infuriatingly vague. :0
Can you at the very least tell us if the teachers have btsc? Like.... are they a team of togetherness or are they just 4 separate roles doing miscellaneous scholarly wizard shit?
2 Stupid Dogs
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 36

Post by 2 Stupid Dogs »

Master Lizzy did indeed, Britty Britty Bang Bang:
Lizzy wrote:Day 1

Who among you is a Death Eater?

Poll ended at Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:49 pm

Merga Bien
No votes

Jennet Bierley
No votes

Bridget Bishop
Alice Nutter (11)
4%

Krystyna Ceynowa
Margarethe Reinberg (10)
4%

Alizon Device
No votes

Mary Eastey
Krystyna Ceynowa (4), Sarah Good (12), Katharina Henot (23)
13%

Entjen Gillis
Margaret Pearson (5), Agnes Sampson (17), Jennet Bierley (21)
13%

Sarah Good
Anna Koldings (13), Anne Whittle (18)
9%

Katharina Henot
No votes

Märet Jonsdotter
No votes

Anna Koldings
Malin Matsdotter (9)
4%

Barbara Kollerin
No votes

Malin Matsdotter
No votes

Kael Merrie
Barbara Kollerin (14)
4%

Rebecca Nurse
Jane Southworth (19)
4%

Alice Nutter
No votes

Margaret Pearson
No votes

Anne Redferne
No votes

Margarethe Reinberg
No votes

Agnes Sampson
Rebecca Nurse (7), Mary Eastey (8), Brita Zippel (15), Bridget Bishop (16), Entjen Gillis (22)
22%

Jane Southworth
No votes

Karin Svensdotter
No votes

Anne Whittle
Anne Redferne (6)
4%

Brita Zippel
No votes

Count Dooku (Hosts/Mods/Deadies)
Lizzy (1), MovingPictures07 (2), S~V~S (3), A Person (20)
17%

Total votes : 23

Missing votes: Merga Bien; Alizon Device; Märet Jonsdotter; Kael Merrie; Karin Svensdotter
So is no one going to talk about Bridget seeing Alizon with the devil and voting for her? Care to elaborate, Bridge?

I figure the Students are civvies, Death Eaters are baddies, and Professors are independents.
dunya
Turnip Head
Larry David
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Larry David »

Rebecca Nurse wrote:
<snip>
So is no one going to talk about Bridget seeing Alizon with the devil and voting for her? Care to elaborate, Bridge?

I figure the Students are civvies, Death Eaters are baddies, and Professors are independents.
I can think of an innocent reason Bridget might have done this but I'd rather wait for her reply than give her something to latch onto.

Also, on the role of the teachers, one thing that has me scratching my head is how out of 24 players there could only be 4 baddies (Voldemort & crew). That seems like it would be massively overpowered in favor of the civvs. So I'm wondering if maybe the teachers are indies with some leaning toward being bad and some leaning toward good as indicated by their win conditions.

And, since i didnt read the whole Harry Potter series I am not up to speed with some of the terms people are using. I will google them but i may have to ask for some clarification.
Ben Linus
Mouthpiece of Jacob

Post by Ben Linus »

Here's some info on our roles' alignments from the Harry Potter Series so that everyone will know, especially those who have not read the books/watched the movies. I will also give my guess on their alignment.

Gryffindor House

Harry Potter - The boy who lived. The protagonist and obvious good guy. Pro-town
Ron Weasley - Harry's best friend. Pro-town
Hermione Granger - Harry's other best friend. - Pro-town
Neville Longbottom - Clumsy, but a loyal friend of Harry, played a major role throughout. - Pro-town

Hufflepuff House

Ernie Macmillan - Minor Role. - Pro-town
Hannah Abbott - Minor Role. - Pro-town
Justin Finch-Fletchley - Minor Role. - Pro-town
Cedric Diggory - Major Role in Book 4, in which he dies. - Pro-town

Ravenclaw House

Luna Lovegood - A bit loony, but good nonetheless, probably the most pro-good character from the series (yes more than Harry). - Pro-town
Cho Chang - Aside from being Harry's love interest at one point, not particularly important. Pro-town
Michael Corner - Minor Role. - Pro-town
Anthony Goldstein - Minor Role. - Pro-town

Slytherin House

Draco Malfoy - While believed to be bad throughout, ultimately ended up not being a bad guy. - Unknown??? See below
Vincent Crabbe - Minor Role. One of Draco's cronies. - See below
Gregory Goyle - Minor Role. Draco's other crony. - See below
Pansy Parkinson - Minor Role. Why's she even here? - See below

Professors

Minerva McGonagall - Head of Gryffindor House, Transfiguration teacher, and supporter of good. - Pro-town
Filius Flitwick - Head of Hufflepuff House, Charms teacher, and also supporter of good. - Pro-town
Pomona Sprout - Head of Ravenclaw House, Herbology teacher, and also supporter of good. - Pro-town
Severus Snape - Head of Slytherin House, Potions master, and while long-believed to be Voldemort's spy, was ultimately a supporter of good. - Pro-town

Death Eaters

Lord Voldemort - Evil, and therefore Bad. - Anti-town
Bellatrix Lestrange - Bat-crazy and bad. - Anti-town
Antonin Dolohov - Minor Role, but bad. - Anti-town
Lucius Malfoy - Bad, but his motives are better, as he cared far more about keeping his family safe than Voldemort's wishes. - Anti-town

Okay, I have to head to work, but I'll post the rest of my thoughts on the members of Slytherin, and anything else I can think of, when I get home.
Golf
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 113

Post by Golf »

I'm sorry for not being more involved so far. I may be quieter for the next couple of days, but things are slowing down for me and I will more available.
Fractal
sprityo
Snapshot
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Snapshot »

OCCAM'S RAZOR
"...among competing hypotheses, the hypothesis with the fewest assumptions should be selected."
I've read all seven Harry Potter books, and seen all eight movies. I've also played games where the baddie teams were selected for little to no reason, and didn't really make sense for why they were against the civvies. Hosts have to take liberties with the material in order to make a usable fun game. So yes, McGonnagal is an awesome nice character, but she's on a team we don't know the objective of. It has the same amount of people as Voldy's group. It's a smart and safe hypothesis to make that the Teachers are a second baddie team.
Margarethe Reinberg wrote:Also, on the role of the teachers, one thing that has me scratching my head is how out of 24 players there could only be 4 baddies (Voldemort & crew). That seems like it would be massively overpowered in favor of the civvs.
It would be. AP and Lizzy, bless their hearts, made a 24 player game, but didn't want to have an 8 player mafia team. So they made two. It makes sense.
Reporting
Snapshot
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Snapshot »

"So, if they are a baddie team, why don't they have an NK? And what about the fact that they are each head of houses, and all of the students are evenly divided between the houses? That has to mean something, right?"

This is speculation, but I think each of the teachers can recruit someone from their house to their team. They have to search for them every night. So yes, they may not have an NK, but I think that they could probably lower the amount of civvies drastically.
Reporting
Ned Flanders
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Ned Flanders »

Mary Eastey wrote:"So, if they are a baddie team, why don't they have an NK? And what about the fact that they are each head of houses, and all of the students are evenly divided between the houses? That has to mean something, right?"

This is speculation, but I think each of the teachers can recruit someone from their house to their team. They have to search for them every night. So yes, they may not have an NK, but I think that they could probably lower the amount of civvies drastically.
Those numbers don't make any sense. If every teacher recruited someone, and they are baddies, that would result in 12 baddies total. You're pushing things that aren't likely. Mafia teams have kills. You use not knowing the teachers alignment as a reason they are bad, but we don't have the alignment for any role, and there are no grounds to believe the teachers are bad (once again, I'd say Snape is a possible exception, perhaps some kind of solo baddie).

We KNOW that Lucius is searching for Draco each night. We don't know what happens if he finds him, but we do know neither he or Draco are anything that could be considered good people, and Crabbe, Goyle, and Pansy are worse. You're trying to force role alignments that are consistent with a standard layout, not alignments that make real sense, and not alignments that are supported by what little we do have to go on.
Assault
Spooky Ghost
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Spooky Ghost »

Krystyna Ceynowa wrote:
Mary Eastey wrote:"So, if they are a baddie team, why don't they have an NK? And what about the fact that they are each head of houses, and all of the students are evenly divided between the houses? That has to mean something, right?"

Those numbers don't make any sense. If every teacher recruited someone, and they are baddies, that would result in 12 baddies total. You're pushing things that aren't likely. Mafia teams have kills. You use not knowing the teachers alignment as a reason they are bad, but we don't have the alignment for any role, and there are no grounds to believe the teachers are bad (once again, I'd say Snape is a possible exception, perhaps some kind of solo baddie).

We KNOW that Lucius is searching for Draco each night. We don't know what happens if he finds him, but we do know neither he or Draco are anything that could be considered good people, and Crabbe, Goyle, and Pansy are worse. You're trying to force role alignments that are consistent with a standard layout, not alignments that make real sense, and not alignments that are supported by what little we do have to go on.
While I can see what you're saying on Draco's front, are you seriously insinuating that all Slytherins should be lynched because they're Slytherin and "evil"?
Spooky Ghost
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Spooky Ghost »

Krystyna Ceynowa wrote:

I know I already quoted this, but I'm just so shocked.

Of those Roles, we know that Lucius is looking for Draco. Crabbe has secrets. Goyle and Pansy both do not. But you lump them all together, say they're WORSE than the person who is an obvious possible traitor, and then tell other people that they're making bad assumptions?
:eye: :eye: :eye:
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 21

Post by Prisoner 509378 »

Rebecca Nurse wrote:So is no one going to talk about Bridget seeing Alizon with the devil and voting for her? Care to elaborate, Bridge?
She's bad, k :sigh:
Spooky Ghost
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Spooky Ghost »

Bridget Bishop wrote:
Rebecca Nurse wrote:So is no one going to talk about Bridget seeing Alizon with the devil and voting for her? Care to elaborate, Bridge?
Are you gonna respond to my questions?
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 21

Post by Prisoner 509378 »

Märet Jonsdotter wrote:
Bridget Bishop wrote:
Are you gonna respond to my questions?
Secrets or not, Agnes wasn't on Team Noseless. If she couldn't be lynched, then it made her a good choice to kill. And I refuse to believe the teachers are bad. I think they are independents who probably win with their house. Not being willing to let people who survive lynches stay alive makes me think Team Noseless is less likely to survive lynches.
Julinook
Hydra Account

Post by Julinook »

Maret, You can't see what's going on with Bridgets vote? Or, at least, what she wants us to think is going on here?
Rachel Green
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Rachel Green »

Anne Redferne wrote:
A Person wrote:
This is infuriatingly vague. :0
Can you at the very least tell us if the teachers have btsc? Like.... are they a team of togetherness or are they just 4 separate roles doing miscellaneous scholarly wizard shit?

Really we do need to be given some win conditions. Because I'm not even sure what the purpose of the game is at this point. What do we do :shrug:

Also, I'd like to point out the teachers can have a kill as an ability. And we aren't sure what their alignment is. It's all very scary. I think we would want to take out Voldy and company first but may need to lynch teachers too after.

There is a lot of discussion going on, but it's a lot about roles and little about the players. We still got some time this day but I know I need to start figuring out who I think it most suspicious now. This is all very distracting :p
Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Young Lady »

I think it is safest to assume that The Teachers are a separate unfriendly group with their own win conditions. I would really like to know if they have BTSC.
Supervisor
A Person
Loan Shark

Post by A Person »

To clear up a bit of confusion we're seeing, the students are civs, the teachers are (independent) indies, and Voldy & co are baddies.
Julinook
Hydra Account

Post by Julinook »

One person I've got an eye on is Rebecca Nurse. It could be coincidental, but her insistence in recapping the reasons Agnes was suspicious 15 minutes before Agnes died feels like something a baddie would do to distance themselves from the upcoming kill... as in "if I were bad, would I really have mentioned her right before the kill?"

The other thing about Rebecca is bringing up Bridgets vote and comment about the Devil. Ive been on lots of baddie teams where there is an ability to force someones vote, and so many times its a baddie member who first mentions it in thread... baddies like to get their handiwork talked about for dome reason. The other main reason is that often, along with a vote force is the cavaet that if the target lets on that they were forced, the baddies get something. So, the more you try to get it talked about, the better the chance you get something. I think it is safe to assume that one of the baddie curses does this, considering how they work in the books.

Rebecca fits this right now, for me.
A Person
Loan Shark

Post by A Person »

Also, the only group that had btsc initially was the baddie team. Whether anything has changed, who can say? ;)
2 Stupid Dogs
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 36

Post by 2 Stupid Dogs »

I just really thought Agnes was suspicious. Her lying about how Day 1 went wasn't helping. I didn't bring her up. I simply responded to her post(s). At this point, it's safe to say she was good or, at best, an independent. Hindsight and all that jazz.

You think that's what's going on with Bridgey Bear? Because I really don't get it. So she would have to pretend it's her own suspicion in that case?
dunya
Turnip Head
Phoebe Buffay
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 82

Post by Phoebe Buffay »

Rest in peace Agnes. I agree she was an odd choice for the baddies to kill since she was so suspicious. They must have felt threatened by her role.

I've never thought the professors were a baddie team since only the death eaters get to kill every night. Glad the hosts were able to confirm this, although technically I guess the professors still aren't civvie-aligned.
Entjen Gillis wrote:Really we do need to be given some win conditions. Because I'm not even sure what the purpose of the game is at this point. What do we do :shrug:
Um, we try and find the mafia? It feels like I shouldn't have to say this :P

Bridget Bishop wrote:I saw Alizon Device with the devil!
So not sure what to make of that. :shrug: Bridget posted other thoughts after her vote, none related to Alizon.
Julinook
Hydra Account

Post by Julinook »

Hard to say. Doing it twice gives me pause, actually...

Anuone else have any suspects?

Return to “Previous Jobs”