The Polka Heist [GAME OVER]

Moderator: Community Team

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 467
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Re: The Polka Heist [DAY 1]

Post by Sloonei »

sig wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 8:03 pm Also I'm gonna channel my inner DDL and say its scummy that Sloonie didn't vote in thread, it may have been Jack who was mafia who said that though, I wasn't really paying attention last game, but we'll give DDL credit yes we will.
... what?
My banners:
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Dyslexicon
<3
Posts in topic: 222

Post by Dyslexicon »

sig wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 8:02 pm [VOTE: Sloonie] aubergine

linki: I kinda wanna lynch Dizzy now since he said he never gets lynched. :noble:
If I will get lynched D1, it will happen on this site. Here it's like I'm obvious impatient town Dizzy and people be like "But you say stuff that ...doesn't make sense" or something. =p It's honestly fine, I'm just contemplating on the change.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Quin wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 8:03 pmYou shouldn't. I'm pretty sure I told you to bus me.
Yes. But it was an actual mistake. I didn't mean to. In any case, it was quite comical.
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 97

Post by sig »

Sloonei wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 8:04 pm
sig wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 8:03 pm Also I'm gonna channel my inner DDL and say its scummy that Sloonie didn't vote in thread, it may have been Jack who was mafia who said that though, I wasn't really paying attention last game, but we'll give DDL credit yes we will.
... what?
You aren't [VOTE: ] aubergine your votes. Which someone last game said was kinda scummy, which I agree with.

The rest of my post a babble of nonsense which can be ignored.
ImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 110

Post by Quin »

I've been lynched and night killed D/N1 multiple times. It's not really worth getting upset about. Shit happens.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

sig wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 8:06 pm
... what?
You aren't [VOTE: ] aubergine your votes. Which someone last game said was kinda scummy, which I agree with.

i hereby dub it the Aubergine Tell.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

I'll just hang out and see where this goes. Maybe voting Luffy won't be the worst thing. I think they followed my "suspicion" on LC, except it wasn't really suspicion. Not much else I can remember.

Quin looks ok to me. I actually like the vote switch and saying that they just voted me for got spooked reasons.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

I have no read on LC, but I think I've been able to read them ok in the past. But I don't like that I don't have a read there. He said he's try soon. Waiting..
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

I don't know why Dom is voting me. And I'm voting Dom because he's voting me. =p
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

sig wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 8:06 pm
... what?

nah
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

let's look at timmer, okay?
He begins with several fluff posts. Then his gameplay begins:
timmer wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 12:17 am
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 12:10 am I’d probably give a slight town read just because who would ask a teammate why they ordered words in a certain way?
I kind of feel like Wilgy would?
A hint of shade at wilgy.
timmer wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 12:23 am
Dyslexicon wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 12:19 am
timmer wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 12:17 amI kind of feel like Wilgy would?
Let's flip Wilgy and see. If Wilgy is scum, I must be either scum or town. :ponder:

[VOTE: Wilgy] aubergine
This... IS true... :ponder:
This something. It's lighthearted but in its lightheartedness is an open door for multiple lynches.
timmer wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 12:29 am
Dyslexicon wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 12:24 am
Epignosis wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 12:22 am I'd like to lynch MacDougall Day 1. Can we all do that?
Why do you want to lynch Mac before Quin instead of Quin before Mac?
Is that... you, Wilgy?

timmer likes wilgy. and by "likes" i mean "is shading indiscriminately."
timmer wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 1:16 am
Dyslexicon wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 1:11 am
What are you saying? LC's comment about not being able to read you right stood out to me. Maybe because I thought he didn't have a read on you yet anyway. Did anything I or Wilgy said stand out to you?
What do you think of the idea of a player using their past success rate at reading another player's meta to try to wrap their head around the perceived strength of their thoughts of that player in the current game?
A somewhat generic prod that seems to be an implicit defense of LC(?).
timmer wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 12:32 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 11:39 am
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 11:35 amLooking at these last two votes, LC’s is stupid and Mac’s is weird stupid. Weird stupid isn’t the most scum, but it gives off the tinglies.

Is this all a weird stupid reason to be voting Mac, thus rendering me scum by my own logic?
Simple. I am not bound by logic.
And neither is Mac imo. I'm pretty sure Mac is well aware that his reason for voting is silly. Do you think the vote is AI? (alignment indicative, not Al, lol) Cause I don't get much from it personally.
Hmm, interesting tone shift... you voted me earlier, then specifically and I presumed half jokingly called out to Tony to provide you with a new vote target, but when Tony moved to Mac you've suddenly replied with a pretty firm def of Mac.

What is it? That is... tingly?
Shades Dizzy for... developing reads on Day 1? I don't like this post from timmer. This is trying to fabricate a suspicion.
timmer wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 1:57 pm Agreed... bringing up voting inactives early is a classic ping but bringing up NOT voting inactives when literally no one was suggesting it is kind of odd... and this after Sig has had vey little time to chew on the game.
The "classic ping" comment seems to frame this as default sig suspicion, as though timmer's hands are tied on the matter. More things that I don't like.
timmer wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 3:15 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 2:58 pm
timmer wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 2:51 pmThat's why it's weird. He's come in and made this little clump of odd statements that don't seem very focused. Like, no one was talking about inactives at all.
Weird is one thing, but is it scummy?
This is why we're talking about it, lol. I always struggle to remember how some people play because I'm so infrequently here. Its also why I don't throw votes around.
Two things I don't like about this post. 1) "That's why we're talking about it" is not an answer to the question. It's an anti-answer. Timmer is talking about this. Dyslexicon asks timmer if the thing in question is suspicious. Timmer says "Exactly!" Timmer does not provide an answer.
2) "I struggle to remember how people play", he says (particularly in reference to sig). Then later:
timmer wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 4:52 pm
Long Con wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 4:34 pm Who here has a strong read?
I usually don't get what I would call a strong read until about day 3. I was contemplating a dys vote but I'm feeling like this level of moving votes around and changing focus is their norm?

Sig is Sig, which means I'm vaguely feeling like he's bad. The last game I played I had the same feeling and he was indeed bad, so I'm chewing on that...
A minor contradiction, but in the first post timmer is wiping his hands clean of an issue by saying he does not know how to meta read sig. In the second post, he goes out of his way to express how his meta read of sig is working in this game.

I think timmer is out here just trying to justify votes rather than trying to solve the game.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

RE: sig's aubergine tell on me:
Sloonei wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 12:02 am [VOTE: Dyslexicon] aubergine
Sloonei wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 3:35 pm [VOTE: dragon d luffy] aubergine
Sloonei wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 7:48 pm Yeah okay. [VOTE: timmer] aubergine so dizzy can play the game right now without being in the lead.
The only time I didn't aubergine my vote was here:
Sloonei wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 7:36 pm Moved my vote back to dyslexicon because I don't actually have a reason to suspect DDL. I felt underwhelmed by his presence, but upon review he only has 7 posts. That's not lying low. That's being absent.

I don't know if I actually want to lynch Dizzy either though.
so like it doesn't even apply.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

I actually don't hate especially that last point in Sloonmeister's post about Timmer. Saying they struggle to remember metas and then saying "sig is sig" makes the former look like an excuse. But I don't want my first town vibe in the game to be wrong.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Yeah, ok.

[VOTE: Timmer] aubergine
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

timmer is currently the only player who I have a substantial reason to vote for.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

the GIF post there is a joke. You're reading too much into that, Sloonei.

Also, his "That's why we're talking about it" is why I town read him, actually. He's trying to generate content. Technically, no, he didn't answer the question, but I don't know what the purpose of purposefully avoiding it would be if he was bad. I'd be underwhelmed if the answer was distancing.

Fair point about the contradiction. Nowhere near enough to change my mind on him, though.
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Quin wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 8:28 pm the GIF post there is a joke. You're reading too much into that, Sloonei.

Also, his "That's why we're talking about it" is why I town read him, actually. He's trying to generate content. Technically, no, he didn't answer the question, but I don't know what the purpose of purposefully avoiding it would be if he was bad. I'd be underwhelmed if the answer was distancing.

Fair point about the contradiction. Nowhere near enough to change my mind on him, though.
I don't feel like he was trying to generate content with the sig thing. It looks to me more like he's trying to justify a vote for sig, and when someone calls him out on it he just shrugs.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Like, if he was generating content I’d expect his posts about sig to be more open and contemplative. Saying “this is weird” and “that’s a classic ping” don’t really achieve that.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Yus, Timmer scum, I want to believe.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Sloonei wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 8:33 pm Like, if he was generating content I’d expect his posts about sig to be more open and contemplative. Saying “this is weird” and “that’s a classic ping” don’t really achieve that.
His posts in the leadup to that were both of those things.
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Quin wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 8:35 pm
Sloonei wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 8:33 pm Like, if he was generating content I’d expect his posts about sig to be more open and contemplative. Saying “this is weird” and “that’s a classic ping” don’t really achieve that.
Those are the posts I am referencing.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Creature
Made Man
Posts in topic: 31

Post by Creature »

Can we die?
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Sloonei wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 8:38 pm
Then we disagree :shrug:

linki: god i wish
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Quin wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 8:41 pm

How do you see those as generative posts?

Who could we vote for instead of timmer or sloonei?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
timmer
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 67

Post by timmer »

Sloon, much of your post just mirrors what happens to me every time I play now, which is rarely. I post complete honesty about my thoughts and how my perma-damaged memory works, people find my working odd, I get lynched, I'm town. Rinse, repeat.

I've had multiple concussions in my life, one bad enough to hospitalize me. I had posted back in the start of my mafia career about it on the piano and made the Pont that I would never hide behind it as a baddie, and I never have.

My posts aren't contradictions at all, they are a reflection of my reality. I can remember some players' tone and posting style perfectly... others I can kind of remember but im unsure if I trust that memory... and others I can't remember damn thing, it's like they don't exist before this game even though ive played with them before.

But it's ok, I get it, and it's why I don't get ruffled as a civ much, I understand this very well because it happens over and over. I get ruffled as a baddie though, because when I'm bad I try to find a sort of persona and run with it and if things go haywire I get pissed off because it's a lot of work to keep focused on a persona.

Take that as you will.
My siggie.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Sloonei wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 8:43 pm
Quin wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 8:41 pm

How do you see those as generative posts?

Who could we vote for instead of timmer or sloonei?
I don't think every post needs to be accompanied by a "What do you think?" for it to be generative. He came to a conclusion, and he explained his thoughts about it in multiple posts. Seems open to me.

I don't know why LC or DDL have votes, really. If low involvement is the issue then we should be voting bimbo. I don't know if there are other reasons, but they're worth a look at if they exist.
ImageImageImageImage
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Mh. That sways me. /shrug
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Creature wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 8:41 pmCan we die?
Yes.

[VOTE: Creature] aubergine
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

And I realize all of a sudden that I'm unsure if my daylight savings settings are correct as I haven't played in a bit, am I correct that as of this post there is about an hour and 20 minutes ish to go?
My siggie.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

timmer wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 8:46 pm Sloon, much of your post just mirrors what happens to me every time I play now, which is rarely. I post complete honesty about my thoughts and how my perma-damaged memory works, people find my working odd, I get lynched, I'm town. Rinse, repeat.

I've had multiple concussions in my life, one bad enough to hospitalize me. I had posted back in the start of my mafia career about it on the piano and made the Pont that I would never hide behind it as a baddie, and I never have.

My posts aren't contradictions at all, they are a reflection of my reality. I can remember some players' tone and posting style perfectly... others I can kind of remember but im unsure if I trust that memory... and others I can't remember damn thing, it's like they don't exist before this game even though ive played with them before.

But it's ok, I get it, and it's why I don't get ruffled as a civ much, I understand this very well because it happens over and over. I get ruffled as a baddie though, because when I'm bad I try to find a sort of persona and run with it and if things go haywire I get pissed off because it's a lot of work to keep focused on a persona.

Take that as you will.
I believe this post and I believe you when you say you would never hide behind this as scum.

But I also don't know if I felt like you were "hiding behind it" before this post. But this would definitely qualify as that. So... where else can I vote?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Maybe Sloonmeister is just scum. Are you scum, Sloon?
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

timmer wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 8:48 pm And I realize all of a sudden that I'm unsure if my daylight savings settings are correct as I haven't played in a bit, am I correct that as of this post there is about an hour and 20 minutes ish to go?
you're an hour off. day ends at 9-ish.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

timmer wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 8:46 pm Sloon, much of your post just mirrors what happens to me every time I play now, which is rarely. I post complete honesty about my thoughts and how my perma-damaged memory works, people find my working odd, I get lynched, I'm town. Rinse, repeat.

Take that as you will.
timmer, what's your read on Sloonei right now?
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Dyslexicon wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 8:49 pm Maybe Sloonmeister is just scum. Are you scum, Sloon?
I am not.

I was scum in the most recent Syndicate game before this one though. It looked like this if anyone cares.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

timmer wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 8:48 pm And I realize all of a sudden that I'm unsure if my daylight savings settings are correct as I haven't played in a bit, am I correct that as of this post there is about an hour and 20 minutes ish to go?
ya
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

oh i didn't see the "an hour" bit in timmer's post. Yeah your settings are right, [mention]timmer[/mention]
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

[VOTE: bimbo] aubergine mostly as a place holder.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Sloonei wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 8:51 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 8:49 pm Maybe Sloonmeister is just scum. Are you scum, Sloon?
I am not.

I was scum in the most recent Syndicate game before this one though. It looked like this if anyone cares.
I have you as scum fresh in my mind. =p But thanks.

You voted off wagon. I think you had less time in that game though, since you replaced out.
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

To show how my thoughts on Sig carry some history, here's my post from the last game I played about him:

"Sig has taken pains to come up swinging with the "I always look bad" thing, and he is absolutely correct in his self-read, even I remember this. But then Sig goes and says things that just... seem shady, like the above. I'd love to hear how this feels like a conspiracy, I don't see it at ALL. And furthur... even though he is correct in his meta read, I'd actually that he seems... bad, lol."

He was indeed bad. So I get prickly about him, and when he seems bad, I notice.
My siggie.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Can Sloonei and timmer both be bad?
ImageImageImageImage
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Quin wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 8:55 pmCan Sloonei and timmer both be bad?
No. And I don't think Timmer is bad. Let's pretend I never did, cause I never really did.
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 106
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Sloonei wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 7:39 pm Long Con's ISO is a better fit for the "underwhelming" bit.

Scum LC does not underwhelm.
Thanks, I think?
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Quin wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 8:55 pm
I am an aggressive busser, but I don't think I'm "pluck a teammate out of the barrel and push them as my sole suspect on Day 1" aggressive.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Long Con wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 8:57 pm
Sloonei wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 7:39 pm Long Con's ISO is a better fit for the "underwhelming" bit.

Scum LC does not underwhelm.
Thanks, I think?
Who's bad?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

Quin wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 8:50 pm

Take that as you will.
Sloonei seems like sloonei to me right now. Unafraid to try to put together at least SOME kind of case on Day 1 even if it does mean trying to string a lot of things together that are wobbly. It's better than most people's (including myself) tendency to just shrug at day 1.

I won't vote sloonei today unless it's to save my own life.
My siggie.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Sloonei wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 8:57 pm
Quin wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 8:55 pm
I am an aggressive busser, but I don't think I'm "pluck a teammate out of the barrel and push them as my sole suspect on Day 1" aggressive.
I don't think you are. That's me :scared:
ImageImageImageImage
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

Long con is here and has promised some thoughts.
My siggie.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Dyslexicon wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 8:56 pm
Quin wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 8:55 pmCan Sloonei and timmer both be bad?
No. And I don't think Timmer is bad. Let's pretend I never did, cause I never really did.
Okay. You can be in my good graces again now.
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

timmer wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 8:58 pm
Quin wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 8:50 pm

Take that as you will.
Sloonei seems like sloonei to me right now. Unafraid to try to put together at least SOME kind of case on Day 1 even if it does mean trying to string a lot of things together that are wobbly. It's better than most people's (including myself) tendency to just shrug at day 1.

I won't vote sloonei today unless it's to save my own life.
I'm inferring a town read from this.
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I won't vote for DIzzy today. I probably won't vote for timmer today. I like the direction of Quin's posts right now. Lynching Epi on Day 1 is a poop move.

Tony and Creature are the two most prominent posters not in this group. Let's have a look at them, I guess.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Previous Heists”