Champions 2019 - Crisis on The Syndicate [GAME OVER]

Would you like to see a hammer lynch tomorrow?

Poll ended at Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:00 pm

Yes
No votes
No
20%
I don't care
13%
MC Hammer (host/dead/nonplayer)
67%

Total votes: 15
tedxtr
:wiz:
Posts in topic: 364
Location: some place where people retire from normals (maybe)
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Re: Champions 2019 - Crisis on The Syndicate [Day 1]

Post by tedxtr »

juliets wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:15 am
@tedxtr in the post you just made that shows a picture of the vote (I think) it's too small for me to see what you've written in. Can you walk through it in text?
The first circle represents the dark forces with an "s" written backwards - Epi , JJJ, nutella, sprit

the second circle is the +Swag pile for town - Sloonei and TSP

the third circle is the Swag pile which is just sig

the last circle is the resistance, which is me and jack voting nutella to bring down the dark forces
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImage
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

majestic pagetop
ImageImageImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 724
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

sig wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:01 am I'm liking svs posts.

Dom/sab hasn't done much yet, but they're here so would like to see more there.

Not liking Mac's lack of explanation on reads, but I seem to remember that's how he's been playing recently.

I also didn't see anything that bad with nutella. She seems to be playing her normal day one self.

I need to read over Jack, his tone/style does seem a bit off. But, not necessarily mafia behavior. What is this known Jack scum tell he's displaying?
The “Mac makes up bullshit” one, probably.
Dyslexicon
<3
Posts in topic: 352

Post by Dyslexicon »

Boop.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

tedxtr wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:09 am
nutella wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:56 pm "im jack and ive never been wrong about nutella before so i have to put a maybe she's town in there to cover my ass"

nutella wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:57 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:56 pm Specifically, Nutella is showing waffles, wim and opportunism.

[VOTE: Nutella] aubergine
are you like, reading from a clipboard? seriously what is this?

what have you done with jack??

would you actually be this obvious tho??

[VOTE: jack] aubergine
the first one into the second one is crucial for the next point

the amount of doubt she's presenting, yet still voting for Jack is scummy. feels like a really fake engagement and i read it as parroting of what nanook was doing with sig. it doesn't read as natural as nanook's frustration with sig.

she doesn't even know what she's being voted for and she starts the questioning only after placing a vote

ew

it reads really fake and staged up, the moment nutella points something that i actually am not seeing from jack and then instantly voting him the next post is bad.

The dark forces need to be brought down
Exactly! It’s fake af. She’s not voting me because she thinks I’m evil. She’s voting me to defend herself.
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

Oh jackie are you town this game? :dark:
ImageImageImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 155

Post by S~V~S »

nutella wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:56 pm "im jack and ive never been wrong about nutella before so i have to put a maybe she's town in there to cover my ass"

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:56 pm Specifically, Nutella is showing waffles, wim and opportunism.

the amount of doubt she's presenting, yet still voting for Jack is scummy. feels like a really fake engagement and i read it as parroting of what nanook was doing with sig. it doesn't read as natural as nanook's frustration with sig.

she doesn't even know what she's being voted for and she starts the questioning only after placing a vote

ew

it reads really fake and staged up, the moment nutella points something that i actually am not seeing from jack and then instantly voting him the next post is bad.

As someone who has been playing with nutella for over 10 years (with some hiatuses [hiatii?]) I don't think she sounds fake. I think considering the back and forth Jack and she have had in many games, her thoughts on him sound pretty genuine.

But what I DO find yucky is this post:

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:03 am
sprityo wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 2:06 am
MacDougall wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 12:57 am Still waiting for those hot takes
We should lynch jack so he can go play the mountain of video games he needs to finish :mafia:
No joke. Made a bunch of progress on my dwarf campaign in Total Warhammer yesterday.

Unfortunately, I’m unlynchable and obvious town so I’m not going anywhere until a mafia says so.
Per the rules,

10. Character claiming, roleclaiming and infodumping are illegal. You may say whatever you like in BTSC.

Plus this just reads like the classic baddie "valuable civvie" ploy (it used to have a spiffy name, but I forget what it was). "If you try to lynch me, you will be sorry." More than anything else you have said, this post makes me think you're bad, and you weren't King of my Shining Civvie Hill before this post.

[VOTE: Jack] aubergine for now, it may change, but this post is like a "HI! I'M BADDIE McBADDERSON" nametag in my eyes.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Michelle
Made Man
Posts in topic: 320
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers/herself

Post by Michelle »

juliets wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:15 am Wow so much posted last night/this morning. I just now caught up and don't have much time before work but I will spend some more time with this after work.

@tedxtr in the post you just made that shows a picture of the vote (I think) it's too small for me to see what you've written in. Can you walk through it in text?

I don't know what to make yet of @NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME. I have a bad feeling about him but I think it's stemming from the fact that so many of his posts seem like he's irritated and I don't know that "irritated" is AI in his case. JJJ posted some links to him in other games which I need to take a look at after work.

@Jackofhearts2005 you said you think @nutella is bad because of Wim and opportunism (and the waffle part but you explained what you meant by that). I've always had a problem with this whole "opportunism" thing - can you point to an example in her posts? Also, what is it about her WIM that pings you?

I noticed someone (can't remember who) commenting on the fact that Michelle was not around posting last night as a bad thing because as a civ she usually posts a lot and is around a lot. If I'm remembering correctly she is not around at night because she is is in a timezone that puts her in bed when it's still early in the states. I'm not saying I lean town on her, I haven't seen enough.

I hope this afternoon to at least give some town leans though I struggle early with reads especially in a two mafia set-up. I should be back between 2:00 and 4:00 EST.

Lots of linki I didn't read.
Indeed I am in Europe at GMT+2 so I am absent in the most active time of the game for americans. And I am working too in day time, but I usually say it itt.

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
DrWilgy wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 6:59 pm Death before cowardice.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

S~V~S wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:37 am

ew

As someone who has been playing with nutella for over 10 years (with some hiatuses [hiatii?]) I don't think she sounds fake. I think considering the back and forth Jack and she have had in many games, her thoughts on him sound pretty genuine.

But what I DO find yucky is this post:

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:03 am
sprityo wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 2:06 am
MacDougall wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 12:57 am Still waiting for those hot takes
We should lynch jack so he can go play the mountain of video games he needs to finish :mafia:
No joke. Made a bunch of progress on my dwarf campaign in Total Warhammer yesterday.

Unfortunately, I’m unlynchable and obvious town so I’m not going anywhere until a mafia says so.
Per the rules,

10. Character claiming, roleclaiming and infodumping are illegal. You may say whatever you like in BTSC.

Plus this just reads like the classic baddie "valuable civvie" ploy (it used to have a spiffy name, but I forget what it was). "If you try to lynch me, you will be sorry." More than anything else you have said, this post makes me think you're bad, and you weren't King of my Shining Civvie Hill before this post.

[VOTE: Jack] aubergine for now, it may change, but this post is like a "HI! I'M BADDIE McBADDERSON" nametag in my eyes.
Jesus Christ....

My role isn’t unlynchable.

I, Jackofhearts2005, am unlynchable as a player. I have been playing mafia for 14 years and been mislynched like 5 times total.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... Australian

[mention]JaggedJimmyJay[/mention]
[mention]juliets[/mention]
[mention]sprityo[/mention]
And anyone else who may think I’m too serious to be townJack or that I could be wrong or lying about Nutella being mafia, read my interactions with Nutella in that link with the knowledge that I am town and she’s a wolf.

This game is practically a rerun.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

WolfJack never goes all in to lynch anyone D1 in multiball.

Like if Nutella really is mafia, that would net me no cred and put me in the crosshairs of the other mafia and if she’s town, I make myself look like garbage for a single unimportant mislynch.

I’m going after Nutella because I’m town and my wincon is to lynch wolves. I’m in my town meta. I have a history of catching wolf Nutella. I linked you a game where wolfNutella did the same stuff she’s doing here.

This lynch is a gimmie. It’s easy. Let’s go.
Dyslexicon
<3

Re: Champions 2019 - Crisis on The Syndicate [Night 0]

Post by Dyslexicon »

Catching up page 1-5
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:25 amThe thought came into my brain, so:

I looked at The Wire (town) and you were less complete sentency and Arrowverse (mafia) and you were more complete sentency.
Too early of a reveal.
nutella wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:41 am
tedxtr wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:40 am Tone and swag

That applies to whoever has it and who doesn’t is a scum lean ofc

Actually I thought TSP was being serious so maybe not a town lean anymore because it’s obv not serious so now i dislike the slot a bit :(
Whats this garbage now
Kind of same tbh. I don't really understand the from feeling good to not movement because of a joke. I don't know if I need to understand it, or how much this was a thing.
Master Radishes wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 2:10 amSometimes looking at something from the corner of your eye allows you to see more. /deep thoughts
Relatable content.
Sloonei wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 2:20 am shit, nutella is host-confirmed Very Funny
This was like exactly when I just thought "Omg, Nutella is really funny. Why do I ever sign up for games without Nutella?" *hard buddies Nutella*
tedxtr wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:46 pmalso disliked dys' entrance, especially the town read on Michelle
This is the real me, mom!
tedxtr wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 2:03 pm I read some of cats and dogs and this ain't the town jjj, chief
I'm triggered.
sig wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 3:24 pm :ninja:

That's just what someone who's third party would say. :p
What's your fixation on 3p? It's the second time you've mentioned it (jokingly) now. Tsk tsk.
sig wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 3:32 pmMinus is good right? Like your subtracting how scummy you think I am. :biggrin:
Kind of don't like this post. I know the perspective of "it's good to be read town" can also be a town thing (and I agree, town should want to be read town), but I think scum is generally more focused on it.
ColinIsCool
Hitman
Posts in topic: 101

Post by ColinIsCool »

I am here, will catch up and post thoughts later today.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Apparently the poll on Day 0 could've had a purpose. Probably not game changing anyway. Cindy Kate is seeelly. So that made me overthink those few people who picked vanilla and rationalized it in thread. I think Speed and G-Man. I have no reference for what such a poll could mean. I thought people were picking vanilla because it's the only flavor who's also a role in the game. And no matter what role you are, indicating that you are vanilla is usually good, so I thought it was just jokingly pointing to that. I don't know how much this needs to be a thing.
ColinIsCool
Hitman
Posts in topic: 101

Post by ColinIsCool »

ColinIsCool wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:08 am I am here, will catch up and post thoughts later today.
Uh, “champion”!
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 313

Post by Dom »

G-Man wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 12:31 am Orange, aggedJimmyJay? I make three posts, and that’s enough to land me in orange instead of neutral gray?

In a way, I guess I see it, what with the diarrhea-of-the-mouth-inducing playstyle you and others prefer. You have offended me, sir, and now I intend to bury myself in the deepest red of your rainbow reads so that I may ignore your demands for more content.

:pout:
This post smells bad.
sig wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:57 am Glad to see we're lynching nanook. :suspish:

Also his refusal to engage is kinda mafiaish.
agree.
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:05 am I’m Mafia when I engage, I’m mafia when I disengage 🤷‍♀️

You’re not interested in reevaluating, so there’s no point continuing to talk to you about it.
Why should I not vote for someone named Nanook?
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:46 am Jesus Christ....

My role isn’t unlynchable.

I, Jackofhearts2005, am unlynchable as a player. I have been playing mafia for 14 years and been mislynched like 5 times total.
Let's lynch this guy.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Dom wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:14 am[VOTE: jack] aubergine
Yucky post, fam.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:14 am
Yucky post, fam.
i'm flattered that you all have adopted my mannerisms as mainstream. i'm a cultural icon for this site.

do something civvie or die.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Dom wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:18 am
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:14 am
Yucky post, fam.
i'm flattered that you all have adopted my mannerisms as mainstream. i'm a cultural icon for this site.

do something civvie or die.
I’ve served a wolf up on a silver platter.

Pay attention.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 331
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

Dyslexicon wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:09 am Cindy Kate is seeelly.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

It's easier to obfuscate if I don't. :pout:

Just kidding

Are you complacent with this?
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Jack is town you seeley booths
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Dom wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:21 am It's easier to obfuscate if I don't. :pout:

Just kidding

Are you complacent with this?
I’m never ever getting lynched today. We’re always lynching Nutella and she’s always flipping wolf.

So like follow me if you want to lynch a wolf or don’t want to look terrible. That should cover all possible scenarios.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

I for one hate looking terrible but I'd rather lynch radish
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Turnip Head wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:26 am I for one hate looking terrible but I'd rather lynch radish
I’m unlikely to move my vote today (especially to a player I’ve mostly see play 3p) but talk to me about Radish anyway.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 302

Post by speedchuck »

I would rather vote nutella than jack, because nutella will start scumreading me any minute now. :)
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Catch ups page something
Trying to break my posts up, cause they get ignored if they are too long lol
sig wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 4:28 pmMakes you nervous. So throwing out to many strong town reads which leads to a town core makes me nervous.
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 4:35 pm Yeah heaven forbid we have a town core, what would we do then
So this whole thing.. I don't agree with Sig that trying to form town cores or just players you trust more or whatever is a bad thing. For me it's the best way I know how to play the game. But also, I'm unsure Sig would say that so upfront if scum? It's like "Don't make town reads, guys!" when he also is making town reads. That kind of contradiction strikes me more town stress than scum. If I was to guess.

So this game is multiball, which means a lot of how the game is going to shake out is going to be really hard to control. The ghost mechanic that S-V-S pointed out can really help town here to get an actual core we can trust if we use it right. Scum can even use it to reveal info the have about the other scum team to take the heat off of their own team. In multiball, the death of a scum team is usually them ignoring the other scum team, cause they're so used to thinking town is their enemy, when in actuality the other scum team is just as much of an enemy with even greater disruptive powers.
Sloonei wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 5:32 pmWhy is michelle towncore?
I had just skimmed lightly parts of the game up to this point. I liked Michelle's entrance of shading the vanilla choosers (even if the argument itself is meh). I think scum!Michelle is more careful. It's light as hell and mostly gut. Michelle and Tony are two players I've been decent at reading in the past, and they both gave more town vibes than not when looking at their posts.
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 5:49 pm Sloonei and dizzy both have high mafia equity, but low teammate equity, thus killing one will tell us more about the other as they’re in a non-mechanical 1v1 dipole.

That’s my quota of Serious Mafia Terms for the day, you’re welcome.
I read this when skimming too. Curious as to why you think so.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Turnip Head wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:20 am
Dyslexicon wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:09 am Cindy Kate is seeelly.
I love you.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

sig wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 6:12 pm :feb:

I've literally not gotten scum here in forever RGS (or whatever its called) hates me. Now on MU I never roll civ which is amazing, but like haven't played there since forever ago. People complain and get wins overturned all the time which annoys me.
Weren't you literally scum in the last game I played though? Which also might've been forever ago, who knows. Anyway, you might be town actually. But I still don't know why you're so occupied with 3p. Also, who cares. You're giving a lot of content and it's useful anyhow. =p
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 339

Post by sig »

Dyslexicon wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:44 am
sig wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 6:12 pm :feb:

I've literally not gotten scum here in forever RGS (or whatever its called) hates me. Now on MU I never roll civ which is amazing, but like haven't played there since forever ago. People complain and get wins overturned all the time which annoys me.
Weren't you literally scum in the last game I played though? Which also might've been forever ago, who knows. Anyway, you might be town actually. But I still don't know why you're so occupied with 3p. Also, who cares. You're giving a lot of content and it's useful anyhow. =p
:noble: that game was forever ago.

I don't think I'm occupied with 3p? I mentioned it what twice both times jokingly about juliet
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 339

Post by sig »

I stnad by my having a town core to early is bad, not saying we shouldn't town read ppl but a core is differnent then reads.

Also it's silly to throw out that many reads D0 anyway.
ImageImage
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 6:53 pm Yeah who could possibly use the word baddie
And this thing. Honestly, I think "baddie" is a real unique word, and I've never seen it used outside of Cindy Kate. I've never adopted it myself (because it's seeeelly). So I don't think the question from S-V-S or hangup from Sig is weird at all. Do I think it's alignment indicative for Radish? Nope. People adopt or do not adopt words for all kinds of reasons. The brain is too complicated and there's too many steps of assumptions to get anything from it. But I do flinch every time someone who doesn't know me calls me "Dizzy" for example. (Though I encourage everyone to call me Dizzy, please.)

I think Sig's follow up on S-V-S looks more town concern than not. Also the way he tagged certain players to get opinions.
S~V~S wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:23 pm I didn't think it was a slip. I found it intriguing that someone not from my home forum said "baddie", and since people were asking him about his background, I chimed in. I wasn't trying to imply he made a slip.
Then I don't understand why you asked at all?
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

sig wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:49 am I stnad by my having a town core to early is bad, not saying we shouldn't town read ppl but a core is differnent then reads.

Also it's silly to throw out that many reads D0 anyway.
Sure, valid, whatever =p
I think players just play differently. I for one love throwing out reads early on. Both real and not. How strong they are is relative to time and other reads. /shrug
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 530
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

Dyslexicon wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:49 am
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 6:53 pm Yeah who could possibly use the word baddie
And this thing. Honestly, I think "baddie" is a real unique word, and I've never seen it used outside of Cindy Kate. I've never adopted it myself (because it's seeeelly). So I don't think the question from S-V-S or hangup from Sig is weird at all. Do I think it's alignment indicative for Radish? Nope. People adopt or do not adopt words for all kinds of reasons. The brain is too complicated and there's too many steps of assumptions to get anything from it. But I do flinch every time someone who doesn't know me calls me "Dizzy" for example. (Though I encourage everyone to call me Dizzy, please.)

I think Sig's follow up on S-V-S looks more town concern than not. Also the way he tagged certain players to get opinions.
S~V~S wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:23 pm I didn't think it was a slip. I found it intriguing that someone not from my home forum said "baddie", and since people were asking him about his background, I chimed in. I wasn't trying to imply he made a slip.
Then I don't understand why you asked at all?
I was fine with SVS asking it after they clarified it was NAI curiosity rather than pushing it as a slip, but pushing it as a slip is bad. It’s a fairly generic term and it’s literally in the OP.
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Sloonei wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:26 pm Independent of all this: how do we all feel about master radishes?
Not great. I get the feeling that his presence is a bit flashy/comes across as performative. It's something I've seen with experienced players that they want to be a bit edgy/go against the grain give the impression that they are confident and have nothing to hide when they are scum. Compensating. Like when they asked "are we all seriously reading into ice cream flavors" (<-- from memory, might not be exact) or something like that. I don't know if I explain this right, but "performative" is what comes to mind and it feels not great.

I actually really really hate these reads usually

But I’d probably bet on at least one between jack and nutella given how the day has played out

(This is a serious post and you can tell because I’m telling you it is)
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:53 amI was fine with SVS asking it after they clarified it was NAI curiosity rather than pushing it as a slip, but pushing it as a slip is bad. It’s a fairly generic term and it’s literally in the OP.
I mean, that's fine. I agree it's NAI or at least too uncertain. But what does it say about Sig and S-V-S and whoever else was involved? That is much more interesting and relevant. Just arguing "that is stupid" isn't really getting us anywhere imo.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:03 pm You don’t have a case 🤷‍♀️

Like your read is literally “I’m SRing MR for bad reasons, like 4 people said they were bad but nanook was the most derisive about it, so he must be scum.”

You SR me every game and think it gives you a good read, but you have zero idea what my town game looks like.
So are you scum that is mad Sig reads you as scum for what you think is bad reasons? Cause it kind of look like that. :scared:
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

I'm only half caught up. Rip all my real life duties.

Dyslexicon wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:56 am
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:53 amI was fine with SVS asking it after they clarified it was NAI curiosity rather than pushing it as a slip, but pushing it as a slip is bad. It’s a fairly generic term and it’s literally in the OP.
I mean, that's fine. I agree it's NAI or at least too uncertain. But what does it say about Sig and S-V-S and whoever else was involved? That is much more interesting and relevant. Just arguing "that is stupid" isn't really getting us anywhere imo.
It says nothing about SVS. Normally it would say sig is likely town.

Dyslexicon wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:57 am
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:03 pm You don’t have a case 🤷‍♀️

Like your read is literally “I’m SRing MR for bad reasons, like 4 people said they were bad but nanook was the most derisive about it, so he must be scum.”

You SR me every game and think it gives you a good read, but you have zero idea what my town game looks like.
So are you scum that is mad Sig reads you as scum for what you think is bad reasons? Cause it kind of look like that. :scared:
You caught me too? Oh man I really suck at this
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:29 pm Also jay the fact that I’m playing at all during D0 despite having stated I wouldn’t be (we see how long that lasted!), should be a fairly good indicator I’m town. I don’t feel the need to get sucked in quite as much as scum.
Hmmmmmaybe.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 11:00 amYou caught me too? Oh man I really suck at this
Do you have a town game of yours here that you could link to? (Or elsewhere, preferably the last one)
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:30 pm *read list*
What make you compelled to town read me at this point exactly? Just curious as I'm just now starting to play for real.
Also can you tell me more about Ted? I've seen people read him town, so why?

I'm a bit vary of Ted and Nanook for narcissistic reasons. Almost every game here at least one scum likes to slap scum reads on me. I think I just give off "easy target" vibes for people that don't know me. It's happened a lot, and these two both mentioned a scum read on me and also have never played with me. For whatever that's worth.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:32 pm NANOOK in Inception, civilian
Bless.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:51 pm I’m probably wasting my time talking to sig now tho, it’s clear he doesn’t super care about whether he’s right or not. Either people will be smart and see that this is stupid, or I’ll have wasted yet another game attempting to play and being killed for it. Either way I’m gonna have more fun not taking this seriously, so I would mostly expect sarcasm and memes
But if you're town, developing your own reads and engaging honestly with people in order to figure out their alignment would be more productive, I think. For example, I've asked you why you thought I had scum equity. Is that something you feel moved to follow up? Other reads?
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

I've noticed Nut following quite a bit. Like "Yes, and..."
Might have seen her do this as scum. Might as town as well. Might not want to vote her anyway because of the comedy gold.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 12:01 am I hate multiball btw it’s such a pain trying to figure out if someone is town or scum that’s scum hunting.
Ok, I feel this.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Actually, hot take. Nanook might be town for one specific reason: He said "I really suck at this." He doesn't seem like the type to say he actually sucks if he was indeed scum. Seems more like town righteousness. ("You suck, I don't.") Haven't looked at his old town game yet though.
sprityo
The Turncoat
Posts in topic: 131
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by sprityo »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:13 am SVS probably town as well. I have too many townreads for a multiball game.

Sig, Michelle, Jay, SVS, Sloonei, Ted, Sprityo. probably in about that order.
Salt :mafia:
Epignosis wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 11:46 pm You all are terrible at this.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”