Re: [DAY 4] Harry Potter Mafia

Post by Jack Shephard »

13 voters out of 21? Oh my.
Snapshot
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 73

Post by Snapshot »

I overlooked Karin accidentally. After reading Katharina's posts, I agree that she seems like a very suspicious poster. I have to vote fast, so it's going to be for her.
Reporting
A Person
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 43

Re: [POLLS] Harry Potter Mafia

Post by A Person »

Day 4

Who Deserves to Spend the Day with Colin Creevey?

Poll ended at Sat Feb 22, 2014 5:10 pm

Merga Bien
Alizon Device (13)
6%

Jennet Bierley
Dom (3)
6%

Alizon Device
Merga Bien (14)
6%

Mary Eastey
Jennet Bierley (4)
6%

Entjen Gillis
No votes

Sarah Good
No votes

Katharina Henot
No votes

Märet Jonsdotter
No votes

Anna Koldings
No votes

Barbara Kollerin
No votes

Malin Matsdotter
No votes

Kael Merrie
No votes

Rebecca Nurse
No votes

Alice Nutter
No votes

Margaret Pearson
Malin Matsdotter (5), Alice Nutter (6), Margarethe Reinberg (7), Entjen Gillis (10), Anna Koldings (11), Margaret Pearson (12)
38%

Anne Redferne
No votes

Margarethe Reinberg
No votes

Jane Southworth
No votes

Karin Svensdotter
Katharina Henot (9), Jane Southworth (15), Mary Eastey (16)
19%

Brita Zippel
No votes

Why won't people die? :( (Hosts/Mod/Deadies)
Lizzy (1), S~V~S (2), A Person (8)
19%

Total votes : 16
Lizzy
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 67

Post by Lizzy »

Day 4: Maggie May... not

Maggie Pearson seemed fairly detached from all the recent ado going on at Hogwarts. ‘Tis ture she usually liked to keep to herself, but on this occasion it seemed like the news of the recently identified body struck her harder than she would have anticipated.

Once she reached the classroom where Defence against the Dark Arts was held, she yanked her robes straight and headed for a seat at the back of the class, where she busied herself with piling several hardcover copies of Plato’s works in front of him so she could avoid looking at others. When the whole, class was seated, substitute Professor Lockhart (yeah, that bloke!) cleared his throat loudly and silence fell.

‘Me, Gilderoy Lockhart… [blah]… and so to business.’ Margaret suddenly woke up after one hour and a half.

‘Now - be warned! It is my job to arm you against the foulest magic and creatures known to wizardkind!’

In spite of herself, Maggie leaned around her pile of books for a better look at the large covered cage, Lockhart had just lifted onto his desk.

‘I must ask you not to scream. It might provoke them.’

As the whole class held its breath, Lockhart whipped off the cover.

‘Yes’, he said dramatically. ‘Freshly caught Cornish pixies.’

‘What the…’ exclaimed Margaret.

‘Right then. Let’s see what you make of them!’ And he opened the cage.

It was pandemonium. The blue pixies shot in every direction like rockets. Two of them seized Margaret by the ears and lifted her into the air, while other two opened the window. Before she could realise what on earth was happening to her, the pixies took Margaret out the window, and dropped her on the hard ground that was the school’s back yard. She landed face first and broke into a hundred pieces.

Margaret Pearson has been lynched. She was Cho Chang.

It is now Night 4. You have 23 hours to send in your PMs.
Larry David
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 53

Re: [NIGHT 4] Harry Potter Mafia

Post by Larry David »

RIP, I'm so sorry Margaret, and this makes me really wonder about the Sarah Good info.

And thanks for the on-time post Lizzy.
Lizzy
Drug Dealer

Post by Lizzy »

:hugs:
Golf
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 113

Post by Golf »

Goodbye Margaret :(

Do the night polls have any meaning?

And what is this info I am hearing about?
Fractal
sprityo
Operator
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 131

Post by Operator »

Oh man, that's the third Ravenclaw we've lost. :eek:

As for the poll, labor disputes... Snooze. :offtobed:
Management
Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Young Lady »

fiddlesticks! I can't believe I missed the vote. It was a horrible result too.
Supervisor
Lizzy
Drug Dealer

Post by Lizzy »

Merga Bien wrote: Do the night polls have any meaning?
Events management. :p
Ben Linus
Mouthpiece of Jacob
Posts in topic: 138

Post by Ben Linus »

Karin Svensdotter wrote:fiddlesticks! I can't believe I missed the vote. It was a horrible result too.
You were probably going to vote Margaret too, am I right? :ponder:
Ben Linus
Mouthpiece of Jacob

Post by Ben Linus »

Merga Bien wrote:Goodbye Margaret :(

On multiple occasions, someone has stated that they "saw Sarah with the devil". Personally, I think it's them being controlled by someone else to say that. Margaret said it once, and someone else did as well, though I can't remember who.
Operator
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Operator »

Jennet Bierley wrote:

On multiple occasions, someone has stated that they "saw Sarah with the devil". Personally, I think it's them being controlled by someone else to say that. Margaret said it once, and someone else did as well, though I can't remember who.
So you think it's misinformation?
Management
Ben Linus
Mouthpiece of Jacob

Post by Ben Linus »

Mary Eastey wrote:
Jennet Bierley wrote:
Mary Eastey has given me the highest ping out of active players. Yes she was Lunafied yesterday, so she fell off my radar completely. However she was trying to spread discord among us about the professors not being pro-town. She's also had a vote on every single lynched player this game so far. If I don't decide to vote an inactive player, Mary would be my choice.
Look, I was wrong. I admit it. But, we still don't know the Teacher's win conditions. Obviously, I'm focusing more on Voldy and the Death Eaters. I still have a raised eyebrow towards the Teachers. Also, get your facts straight. I voted for Entjen on Day 3. Not Krystyna. Why are you spreading false facts about me?
I misworded my post. You have placed your vote on the vote leader each day, until today, when I happened to point it out.
Ben Linus
Mouthpiece of Jacob

Post by Ben Linus »

Malin Matsdotter wrote:
Jennet Bierley wrote:

Yes. Margaret never followed it up or tried to argue for it, so I do believe that it is false. Though that is a hard case to make, because Margaret hasn't said much of anything. Coincidentally, Antonin Dolohov can cast the imperious curse on even nights, and Margaret made that post on Day 3. My hypothesis is that there is a connection there.
Ben Linus
Mouthpiece of Jacob

Post by Ben Linus »

For those who aren't familiar with Harry Potter speak, the Imperious Curse allows the user to gain access into the mind of their target, and control their words and actions. Just to elaborate on my thoughts above. ^^^
Golf
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Golf »

Jennet Bierley wrote:

Just playing devils advocate here ( :haha: ) but, you know, we ARE witches. It's the Muggles who think that conversing with the Devil is some kind of a problem, not us. Had the info said she was seen with Voldemort, that might be different.

This is why I wanted impressions of the thread in the form of synopses. What people choose to say and not to say says volumes, really, about them and the thread itself.

Random people have said that and people actually voted based on it?
Fractal
sprityo
Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Young Lady »

*giant wars*
Supervisor
Golf
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Golf »

OK, just read Sarah Goods 8 posts. Six of them were puns on "Good", one was an "RIP" and another was "No time" and a self vote.

So if she IS talking to the Devil, he definitely has her tongue.

Also, I find wars more boring than labour strikes, rebellions and genocides.
Fractal
sprityo
A Person
Loan Shark

Post by A Person »

Due to many scheduling conflicts, the Resurrection Stone Event will be rescheduled for next weekend to allow better participation.
Celeste
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 120

Post by Celeste »

shit sorry

i thought the vote ended tomorrow *doof*
Spooky Ghost
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 180

Post by Spooky Ghost »

Jennet Bierley wrote:
Malin Matsdotter wrote:
Jennet Bierley wrote:

Yes. Margaret never followed it up or tried to argue for it, so I do believe that it is false. Though that is a hard case to make, because Margaret hasn't said much of anything. Coincidentally, Antonin Dolohov can cast the imperious curse on even nights, and Margaret made that post on Day 3. My hypothesis is that there is a connection there.
I do not think that she was under the imperious curse.
Golf
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Golf »

OK, biting the bait. Why?
Fractal
sprityo
Phoebe Buffay
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 82

Re: [DAY 1] Harry Potter Mafia

Post by Phoebe Buffay »

Rest in peace, Margy P. The gargoyle strikes sound way more boring than the other three.
Karin Svensdotter wrote:fiddlesticks! I can't believe I missed the vote. It was a horrible result too.
Who would you have voted for?

I had forgotten what you all were talking about with the "Sarah Good with the devil" stuff so I went back to look. Here's all the votes that are related to votes for Sarah Good and/or votes for seeing people with the Devil.

From Day 1:
Anna Koldings wrote:Psyche.

Randomized Sarah Good.
Bridget Bishop wrote:I saw Agnes Sampson with the devil!
Anne Whittle wrote:
Anna Koldings wrote:Psyche. Randomized Sarah Good.
I will non-randomly follow your vote for Ms. Good. Four posts and she has used the word Good in every one. Subtle manipulation? Magically influencing us? I say she's up to no Good. :evileye:

Votes Good for Bad
2 Good votes. One is stated to be random, the other one not so much. The "I saw ______ with the devil!" is Bridget's vote and appears to be unrelated.

Day 2:
Bridget Bishop wrote:I saw Alizon Device with the devil!
Katharina Henot wrote:[...snip...]I have a date today with a very handsome wizard so I must vote now.

People with an S in their name have won the lotto today so I'm voting Sarah Good.
Sarah Good wrote:No time. Voted me.
The "with the devil!" thing is Bridget again, so is officially unrelated to the voting Good stuff that's been happening. Katharina gives a nonsense reason for her vote, so it feels either forced or random. Sarah Good voted for herself on Day 2.

Day 3:
Margaret Pearson wrote:I want to make sure I won't miss the vote again, so I shall go ahead and vote now. Furthermore I'm not buying the whole Krystyna thing. Little owls told me that *Sarah Good* is the wicked among us. :srsnod:
Margy P is the only person to vote for Good on Day 3.

There were no votes for Good on Day 4.

So no one who voted for Sarah Good said anything about seeing her with the devil. However, all of the votes so far for Good this game have seemed pretty suspect, like they are forced or random. Votes for Good have happened on both even and odd days.

I cannot see why someone would use "that Sarah Good business" as a reason to vote for Margaret Pearson when others in the game have done basically the same thing she had.
Julinook
Hydra Account
Aka: Juliets + Nanook

Post by Julinook »

Apologies for missing the vote, I got held up across the border :(
Celeste
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Celeste »

Gargoyle strikes sound boring as heck, but of course, it is important to remember that history in general is boooooooring and is only for nerds to involve myself in.
Celeste
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Celeste »

Involve THEMSELVES as in THEM and NOT ME because I AM SO COOL and not a nerd AT ALL B)

shit i almost blew my cover, can't let these nerds know that i'm secretly a nerd
Celeste
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Celeste »

i don't understand why margaret got so many votes suddenly out of nowhere today?
Larry David
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Larry David »

Just to be clear, this is the reason i voted Margared Pearson:
Margarethe Reinberg wrote:Wow where is everyone? I'm going to go ahead and vote Margaret. She's a low poster, she hasn't posted since Wednesday, and that stuff about Sarah Good was just weird, especially since we can't info dump.
The "stuff about Sarah Good" I was referencing did not include Bridget's comments about the devil because they were not about Sarah Good. I was specifically talking about
Margaret Pearson wrote: <snip> Little owls told me that *Sarah Good* is the wicked among us. :srsnod:
Spooky Ghost
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Spooky Ghost »

Merga Bien wrote:OK, biting the bait. Why?
I've said as much as I can say on the matter.
:/
Jane Southworth wrote:Rest in peace, Margy P. The gargoyle strikes sound way more boring than the other three.
Who would you have voted for?

I had forgotten what you all were talking about with the "Sarah Good with the devil" stuff so I went back to look. Here's all the votes that are related to votes for Sarah Good and/or votes for seeing people with the Devil.

From Day 1:
Anna Koldings wrote:Psyche.

Randomized Sarah Good.
Bridget Bishop wrote:I saw Agnes Sampson with the devil!
Anne Whittle wrote:
Anna Koldings wrote:Psyche. Randomized Sarah Good.
I will non-randomly follow your vote for Ms. Good. Four posts and she has used the word Good in every one. Subtle manipulation? Magically influencing us? I say she's up to no Good. :evileye:

Votes Good for Bad
2 Good votes. One is stated to be random, the other one not so much. The "I saw ______ with the devil!" is Bridget's vote and appears to be unrelated.

Day 2:
Bridget Bishop wrote:I saw Alizon Device with the devil!
Katharina Henot wrote:[...snip...]I have a date today with a very handsome wizard so I must vote now.

People with an S in their name have won the lotto today so I'm voting Sarah Good.
Sarah Good wrote:No time. Voted me.
The "with the devil!" thing is Bridget again, so is officially unrelated to the voting Good stuff that's been happening. Katharina gives a nonsense reason for her vote, so it feels either forced or random. Sarah Good voted for herself on Day 2.

Day 3:
Margaret Pearson wrote:I want to make sure I won't miss the vote again, so I shall go ahead and vote now. Furthermore I'm not buying the whole Krystyna thing. Little owls told me that *Sarah Good* is the wicked among us. :srsnod:
Margy P is the only person to vote for Good on Day 3.

There were no votes for Good on Day 4.

So no one who voted for Sarah Good said anything about seeing her with the devil. However, all of the votes so far for Good this game have seemed pretty suspect, like they are forced or random. Votes for Good have happened on both even and odd days.

I cannot see why someone would use "that Sarah Good business" as a reason to vote for Margaret Pearson when others in the game have done basically the same thing she had.
I think this sums it up very nicely, tbh.
Anne Redferne wrote:i don't understand why margaret got so many votes suddenly out of nowhere today?
Because the baddies are running this game, methinks.
Golf
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Golf »

Margarethe Reinberg wrote:Just to be clear, this is the reason i voted Margared Pearson:
Margarethe Reinberg wrote:Wow where is everyone? I'm going to go ahead and vote Margaret. She's a low poster, she hasn't posted since Wednesday, and that stuff about Sarah Good was just weird, especially since we can't info dump.
The "stuff about Sarah Good" I was referencing did not include Bridget's comments about the devil because they were not about Sarah Good. I was specifically talking about
Margaret Pearson wrote: <snip> Little owls told me that *Sarah Good* is the wicked among us. :srsnod:
And why do you think that saying that about Sarah Good would have implied that Margaret P was bad?

In a game where people are being seen with the Devil, and Sarah is also taking votes for having the letter "S" in her name, I would not single the owl remark out as an "info dump". I have never played a game where dumps were allowed, and I have seen much more overt remarks pass muster. It also sounds less "dumpy" in context:
She was right not to buy the whole Krystyjna thing, wasn't she?

She also said this on DAY ONE:
Margaret Pearson wrote:Voted for *Entjen* for deviously attempting to lure us into lynching the innocent Agnes.
I really wonder what the *secrets* in her role entailed? In 9 posts she managed to correctly call two civvies. Brilliant!

I will have some time to read today, and I have added a few names to the "must read" list, so it is likely I will take Maria Von Trapp (and Janes) advice and start at the very beginning.
Fractal
sprityo
Larry David
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Larry David »

Merga Bien wrote:
Margarethe Reinberg wrote:Just to be clear, this is the reason i voted Margared Pearson:
And why do you think that saying that about Sarah Good would have implied that Margaret P was bad?

In a game where people are being seen with the Devil, and Sarah is also taking votes for having the letter "S" in her name, I would not single the owl remark out as an "info dump". I have never played a game where dumps were allowed, and I have seen much more overt remarks pass muster. <snipt>
The comment struck me as odd. Also, remember that she was a low poster and had not been around since Wednesday until right before the vote by which time I had already voted. I think you may have misread me on the info dumping part. The game doesn't allow info dumping so I couldn't understand what she was doing. I was wrong, as any civv without info is likely to be many times in a game. Also, yes she was right about Krystyna.
Golf
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Golf »

Margarethe Reinberg wrote:
Merga Bien wrote:

In a game where people are being seen with the Devil, and Sarah is also taking votes for having the letter "S" in her name, I would not single the owl remark out as an "info dump". I have never played a game where dumps were allowed, and I have seen much more overt remarks pass muster. It also sounds less "dumpy" in context:
She was right not to buy the whole Krystyjna thing, wasn't she?

She also said this on DAY ONE:
Margaret Pearson wrote:Voted for *Entjen* for deviously attempting to lure us into lynching the innocent Agnes.
I really wonder what the *secrets* in her role entailed? In 9 posts she managed to correctly call two civvies. Brilliant!

I will have some time to read today, and I have added a few names to the "must read" list, so it is likely I will take Maria Von Trapp (and Janes) advice and start at the very beginning.
The comment struck me as odd. Also, remember that she was a low poster and had not been around since Wednesday until right before the vote by which time I had already voted. I think you may have misread me on the info dumping part. The game doesn't allow info dumping so I couldn't understand what she was doing. I was wrong, as any civv without info is likely to be many times in a game. Also, yes she was right about Krystyna.
I restored the original clip; it was easier than fixing the broken one.

My point was, though, that if the game does not allow info dumping, why did you single out Margaret P, when several people have done similar things? Why did *this* instance bother you to the exclusion of the others? I see quite a few things that have the appearance of info dumps to me. Have I not yet reached the part where they are explained? And Sarah Good, actually, has fewer posts than did Margaret P, and no discernable content whatsoever in her very few posts. So you in effect voted for one low poster for casting suspicion on an even lower poster.

I am not trying to pick on you; I am really trying to understand this thread (I see now why Jane said to just read it). Little Owls, people being seen with the devil, etc.

I am not as far as Day Three yet in my overall read; has it been determined how Khrystyjna was lynched instead of Entjen?
Fractal
sprityo
Larry David
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Larry David »

I understand you are just trying to understand Merga. The little owls statement just pinged me more than the others and added to the low poster and hadn't been here in days it added up to my vote. I didn't want to just randomly vote among the low posters so I went with someone who was a low poster and pinged me for another reason. It's early in the game, and that's really all there was to my vote.
Spooky Ghost
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Spooky Ghost »

Does anyone else think that people who have been leaden the lynches might be bad?
Operator
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Operator »

Märet Jonsdotter wrote:Does anyone else think that people who have been leaden the lynches might be bad?
Since lead is poisonous, that seems likely.
Management
Golf
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Golf »

Very seriously, Malin, what do you think of Marets question? Typo aside? After doing some concentrated reading in this thread, I am coming to a similar conclusion.
Fractal
sprityo
Operator
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Operator »

Merga Bien wrote:Very seriously, Malin, what do you think of Marets question? Typo aside? After doing some concentrated reading in this thread, I am coming to a similar conclusion.
I assume the question was meant to be whether the people leading the lynches are baddies. Honestly, I don't know. I haven't particularly noticed anyone in particular "leading" the lynches. And while some baddies like to play a very active game of directing suspicion, I am getting the sense that we are seeing a very passive baddie team this time around, given how many people have so few posts.

Where there any lynch leaders you had in mind particularly?
Management
Operator
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Operator »

I am saying the word "particular" too much. :(
Management
Gunther
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 96

Post by Gunther »

RIP Margret. :(
Märet Jonsdotter wrote:Does anyone else think that people who have been leaden the lynches might be bad?

This is a fair question. Is there anyone in particular you have in mind?
Golf
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Golf »

Malin Matsdotter wrote:
Merga Bien wrote:Very seriously, Malin, what do you think of Marets question? Typo aside? After doing some concentrated reading in this thread, I am coming to a similar conclusion.
I assume the question was meant to be whether the people leading the lynches are baddies. Honestly, I don't know. I haven't particularly noticed anyone in particular "leading" the lynches. And while some baddies like to play a very active game of directing suspicion, I am getting the sense that we are seeing a very passive baddie team this time around, given how many people have so few posts.

Where there any lynch leaders you had in mind particularly?
I do have a few people who have gotten my attention. I read for a few hours this morning, and will again this evening. I cannot be targeted tonight, but others can, so I will not start a major discussion during the night. I mainly asked you that question since you seemed somewhat dismissive of her question; taking the time to reply, only to point out a typo, without actually commenting on a legitimate point she was making.

It caught my attention.
Fractal
sprityo
Gunther
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 96

Post by Gunther »

I went with giant wars.
Operator
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Operator »

Merga Bien wrote:I mainly asked you that question since you seemed somewhat dismissive of her question; taking the time to reply, only to point out a typo, without actually commenting on a legitimate point she was making.

It caught my attention.
I can be relied upon to comment on amusing typos whenever I see them, even if I have little else to add. :D
Management
Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 175

Post by Jack Shephard »

Voted for witch hunts.
Lizzy
Drug Dealer

Post by Lizzy »

Sorry for the delay.

Here you have the full story of Margaret's gruesome death. :mafia:
Larry David
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Larry David »

I am going to vote Giant Wars.
Spooky Ghost
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Spooky Ghost »

Malin Matsdotter wrote:
You don't find my question has any merit to it?

I do.
Operator
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Operator »

Märet Jonsdotter wrote:
Malin Matsdotter wrote:

I do.
You can see my more detailed response above, but to be honest, I found it rather a trite thing to say. "Maybe the people getting civvies lynched are baddies." It's an obvious remark, but who are those people? It seems the kind of thing one might say in order to appear to be participating without really adding anything unique or of value.

Hey, you asked.
Management
Snapshot
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 73

Post by Snapshot »

voted for gargoyle strike
Reporting
Golf
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Golf »

Malin Matsdotter wrote:
Märet Jonsdotter wrote:
Malin Matsdotter wrote:

I do.
You can see my more detailed response above, but to be honest, I found it rather a trite thing to say. "Maybe the people getting civvies lynched are baddies." It's an obvious remark, but who are those people? It seems the kind of thing one might say in order to appear to be participating without really adding anything unique or of value.

Hey, you asked.
Actually, I thought it was an attempt, and rather a good one at that, to start discussing what has gone wrong in this game, and something HAS gone wrong. Your answer, on the other hand, I found to be quite the opposite. Ridiculing people has a chilling effect on discussion in my experience.
Fractal
sprityo

Return to “Previous Jobs”