Bea
25%
Lizzy
25%
Nevinera
13%
Vompatti
13%
Brett Ratner, That Hack! (NP/Deadie/Host Option)
25%

Total votes: 8
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 62
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Re: [Day 2]: Film Noir.

Post by Turnip Head »

Wow I guess I missed the vote while typing up a defense of myself. Fat lot of good my words will do me now :P
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 33

Post by Dom »

Epig is soooo bad
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

I've never been lynched as a civvie before in all my time playing mafia. This will be a first. Wish I had been able to be around to defend myself. And I wish the days were not so short. Same thing happened to me in CAH. I will probably not sign up for a speed game again, the pace messed with how I play the game.
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 61

Post by Epignosis »

Dom wrote:Epig is soooo bad
I get this a lot, you know? People wanna chalk up their own poor decisions and their own hangups to my behavior. Frankly, I'm flattered I can still pull this shit. Doesn't make me bad. It makes you bad, in a different way. No offense.

Work on that trigger finger. ;)
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Turnip Head wrote:I've never been lynched as a civvie before in all my time playing mafia. This will be a first. Wish I had been able to be around to defend myself. And I wish the days were not so short. Same thing happened to me in CAH. I will probably not sign up for a speed game again, the pace messed with how I play the game.
Don't vote for someone and give a reason that you yourself is guilty of.
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 39

Re: [POLLS]: Film Noir

Post by thellama73 »

Day 2:

Who killed gleam?

Poll ended at Sun Feb 23, 2014 11:53 pm

A Person (Mattmatt)
A Person (10)
9%

Roxy
No votes

Hedgeowl
No votes

Vompatti
No votes

timmer
No votes

Metalmarsh89
No votes

S~V~S
No votes

Lizzy
Lizzy (3)
9%

Epignosis
S~V~S (4), boo (8)
18%

Dom
Kate (5), kneel4justice (6)
18%

Kate
No votes

Turnip Head
Hedgeowl (7), Roxy (9), Epignosis (11)
27%

SpaceDaisy
No votes

Enygma Eve
No votes

Kneel4justice
No votes

boo
No votes

Roland Emmerich, that hack! (Host/Deadie/NP option)
thellama73 (1), Mongoose (2)
18%

Total votes : 11
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Mongoose
Your Neighborhood Friendly Mongoose
Posts in topic: 37
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
Aka: Alison

Post by Mongoose »

Lights Out for All

The group was still visibly shaken from the deaths of Gleam and Flyin' High, but still they soldiered on. There was much booze and laughter to have, in fact! Asta smelled something fishy and it wasn't cod.

The detectives took turns investigating the room. S~V~S, an intrepid explorer,told everyone to start pounding on the walls.

"I wouldn't mind pounding on the walls, if you know what I mean," said Vompatti.

"I do know what you mean, Vomps," said A Person.

"Hey, wait a minute guys," Epignosis said. "I think I found something."

The detectives crowded around. timmer pulled out his engraved lighter and flicked it on.

"It's a secret passage!" Turnip Head stated.

The detectives started down the hallway. They could hear the rocks under their feet (or at least they prayed they were rocks and not bones).

"Ugh, I think I got a spiderweb on my face," HedgeOwl spat.

"I wouldn't mind a spiderweb on my face, if you know what you mean," said Vompatti.

"No. No, I actually don't," said boo.

The group finally arrived at a door. Metalmarsh and Lizzy pried it open and everyone streamed through, one at a time. Once inside the new room, timmer flicked his lighter on again.

"I know what this is, guys!" Roxy stated. "It's a speakeasy."

"I could use a drink," stated Epignosis.

"Me too," muttered HedgeOwl.

"I'm going to check this out to make sure it's safe before we all start running around like chickens with our heads cut off. Kneel4Justice, will you come with me?" Dom asked.

K4J agreed and the two were off.

While the remaining group loitered in the lobby, the lights went out.

Thunder crackled in the distance. When the lights came back on, there was a horrifying scene.

There was nothing witty about the tableau before them. Dom was dead, swinging from a noose.

Dom has been killed. He was Preacher Harry Powell.

It is now Night 2. You have 24 hours to send in your PMs.

** A friendly neighborhood reminder from your friendly neighborhood Mongoose to please include both hosts on all PMs. Cheers & Beers!

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

The Hays Code is now in effect.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Well fuck me.
:feb:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Kate
LAMIST Supatown
Posts in topic: 17
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Kate »

Yay!
Andrew wrote: Wed May 29, 2013 6:47 pm I'm voting llama again because I think I heard him say something that looks like proof.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Since we have been deprived of the good Reverend's company, let me pray in his place.

Good Lord Jesus,
Help us to lynch the other trespassers among us.
Amen.

Now pass the plates.
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer

Post by Hedgeowl »

Epignosis wrote:
Hedgeowl wrote:Well I caught up mostly. Soo, I was not getting super civv vibes from The Turps, but then Epi spelled it out. I do not think he is a teamie with SVS and Dom, but agree with k4j that posting lots of LD statements seems distracting possibly. I am not sure what to make of Epi right now either, but besides his clearly misguided Day 1 vote I am feeling what he's throwing sometimes. Ok maybe just about TH.

Since all the cool kids are doing it. I am not bad. I do not anyone else's role in this game. :noble:

Votes TH
Hedgie baby, just because I vote for you doesn't mean I think ill of you. As I said, I think the world of ya. Would love to buy ya a drink sometime.

Am I to understand that you would like me to do a number on Turnip Head? I'm an honest fella, and I pay my gambling debts on time.

And whilst I am here:

"I do not anyone else's role in this game."

I have no clue how the liar man is gonna process that doozy. Jeepers.
Ebwop: I do not *know* anyone else's role. :blush:

I am a Cola lady myself. ;)

Linki good lynching :D Also, creepiest baddie ever! That movie still gives me heebie jeebies.
Turnip Head wrote: We need to lynch Pennsylvania Bitch.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
boo
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 21
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Re: [Night 2]: Film Noir.

Post by boo »

Hmm. Well, I was right that Dom would kill agleamin, at the very least.

I think that means TH and Epi aren't bad, k4j and Kate (unless forced) almost for sure aren't, and SVS probably is.
Banners
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

boo wrote:Hmm. Well, I was right that Dom would kill agleamin, at the very least.

I think that means TH and Epi aren't bad, k4j and Kate (unless forced) almost for sure aren't, and SVS probably is.
And why is Turnips good in your opinion? He voted second for Highflyers on the first Day.
boo
Loan Shark

Post by boo »

Epignosis wrote:
boo wrote:Hmm. Well, I was right that Dom would kill agleamin, at the very least.

And why is Turnips good in your opinion? He voted second for Highflyers on the first Day.
I don't think he and Dom were on a team. If you named 3/4, I'd be impressed, but I don't buy it, and of TH and SVS, I think SVS is the more probable Dom teammate.

Also: Hedge had voted Dom D1 which put him at 3 (tied with FH), so I'd add her to the 'probably not' list, and Dom voted lizzy after she self voted, so she's on it as well.
Banners
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

boo wrote:
Epignosis wrote:

I don't think he and Dom were on a team. If you named 3/4, I'd be impressed, but I don't buy it, and of TH and SVS, I think SVS is the more probable Dom teammate.

Also: Hedge had voted Dom D1 which put him at 3 (tied with FH), so I'd add her to the 'probably not' list, and Dom voted lizzy after she self voted, so she's on it as well.
Yes, I know you think that. You said what you think. You haven't said why.
kneel4justice
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 48

Post by kneel4justice »

Yaaaaassssssss!!!!!!!
Sorry for not voting Dom Day 1. :(
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

kneel4justice wrote:Yaaaaassssssss!!!!!!!
Sorry for not voting Dom Day 1. :(
But ya did it now. Good work.

I, too, feel good about Kate.
boo
Loan Shark

Post by boo »

Also Epi, what do you think of Timmer? He was the third FH voter. I think he's more likely another baddie than TH tbh. We've seen so little of him, and while I'm not sure that says much about alignment either way generally, this theme is right in his wheelhouse, and I tend to think when a player is a civ and in a game with a theme they really like, they'll make more of an effort to be part of the game than they may otherwise be (which they can get from BTSC as a baddie, making their thread presence smaller than if they were a civ in the same game).
Banners
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.
boo
Loan Shark

Post by boo »

Epignosis wrote:
boo wrote:
Epignosis wrote:

If they were both on a team, I think the decision to vote for you would have be much easier, and you wouldn't have got them to the point where they missed the vote. It probably only would have been a temporary reprieve for them, but I really think Dom (at least) would have taken the opportunity to lynch you to ensure he wouldn't be.
Banners
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

boo wrote:Also Epi, what do you think of Timmer? He was the third FH voter. I think he's more likely another baddie than TH tbh. We've seen so little of him, and while I'm not sure that says much about alignment either way generally, this theme is right in his wheelhouse, and I tend to think when a player is a civ and in a game with a theme they really like, they'll make more of an effort to be part of the game than they may otherwise be (which they can get from BTSC as a baddie, making their thread presence smaller than if they were a civ in the same game).
Now that's true- we ain't seen much of the timmers. I think I might have to look at his contributions again.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

boo wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
boo wrote:
Epignosis wrote:

If they were both on a team, I think the decision to vote for you would have be much easier, and you wouldn't have got them to the point where they missed the vote. It probably only would have been a temporary reprieve for them, but I really think Dom (at least) would have taken the opportunity to lynch you to ensure he wouldn't be.
Heh.
boo wrote:If it is Epi lynched today, I think we'll want to keep in mind prizes awarded from the submissions, I have a pretty easy time imaging at least two out of those three potentially coming from him.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Turnip Head wrote:
Epignosis wrote:Nice vote, lady!

See, my work is in exposin' the hypocriticals.

Sra. Tildes said she thought Dom was a bad man, but didn't vote him, see? Instead, poor Highflyers took the fall.
Turnips voted for Highflyers for a reason that he himself is guilty of.
Dom accused me of cheatin' the lie detector man when he himself hadn't said a word anyone could measure one way or another.

Dat's my summary for you bums who don't wanna do no readin'.
If I was bad, why wouldn't I have just voted Dom yesterday? I had already made a post about him. Could have done it in a heartbeat.

Don't really have time right now to make any in depth arguments. Sorry I missed your post Roxy. You did not bring up any new points against me that I hadn't already defended against. And I talked about the LD thing because I had something to say on the matter. If someone had brought something else up worth talking about, I would have talked about that too. But we got through this day without a lot of discussion of suspicions, which is not my fault.

Epi, stop trying to bully Dom into voting for me.
:eye:
timmer
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 38

Post by timmer »

boo wrote:Also Epi, what do you think of Timmer? He was the third FH voter. I think he's more likely another baddie than TH tbh. We've seen so little of him, and while I'm not sure that says much about alignment either way generally, this theme is right in his wheelhouse, and I tend to think when a player is a civ and in a game with a theme they really like, they'll make more of an effort to be part of the game than they may otherwise be (which they can get from BTSC as a baddie, making their thread presence smaller than if they were a civ in the same game).
I'm here, ya mug. I've been super busy hunting down goons… you may have noticed, I ain't been around the other game on here, eetha. Work's been a rough dame for me the last few days...

I'm trying to figure this little mystery of ours out, but it's pretty early in the runnin'. That first lynch was so split up, there are a million 'n one ways to read it. I ain't got a problem with ya studying' my vote, but just remember dat it's usually a better idea to find a baddie and THEN figure out who voted to savem then the other way around, since at this point, I can't even figure out if there WAS a baddie being saved at ALL, see? Mwah.
My siggie.
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

At this point, it seems like this game is all made up of mugs pointing fingers at each other… there is a ton of suspicion and mistrust for so early in da game. When we find a bad guy, we'll be able to piece together who supported/accused who quite easily, but until we find one, I think dis situation is pretty bafflin'.

One thing that concerns me a bit is Boo's post about Epignosis where he mentions da possibility of Epig winning prizes. I can see it two ways; one, Boo is trying to be a helpful goon but his logic is backwards, because if Epig is bd and has a pocket full of prizes, the sooner we start breakin' him down da better, imo. But also, it would make a nice thing for an associate to say. If Boo were Epig's partner and knew he had won a prize, putting it out der dat attacking him could be tough since he may have won some prizes would be a clever way of making it sound like he was suspecting Epig while simultaneously trying to divert the lynch somewheres else.

This is a association-based, so I wouldn't vote for Boo unless I knew Epig was bad first, but if Epig flips bad, Boo's post will become an official ping, is my point.

For now though, I gotta double-check the vote from yesterday to see where Epig stood in it, etc. etc.
My siggie.
boo
Loan Shark

Post by boo »

I'd bother responding to that if I thought you really had just not read the lynch result, but I don't, so I won't.
Banners
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.
boo
Loan Shark

Post by boo »

And @Epi's "Heh" post (to many quotes imbedded to quote it and I didn't want to delete things from it):

I still think they would have taken the risk. Doing nothing and failing is worse than making an attempt and having it not work out for you (modified for what I think is tonight's competition, but if it is... man that will be a pain for the two of you to be keeping track of) down the line.
Banners
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Epignosis. You insist at only looking at my posts from the point of view that I'm bad. It is like, Day 1 rolled around, you mentally made a note "I think TH is bad", and proceeded to read and react to all of my posts with that thought in your head. I'm not surprised by this, you did the exact same thing to me in the WWE game where we were both civvies, and I've seen you do it to other players as well. In WWE, you never once looked at how my actions could be coming from a civvie perspective, and it caused you to disagree with me at every turn. You are doing the same thing to me now. You are only looking at my posts from one perspective, that I'm bad, which allows you to draw certain conclusions about me. If you looked at my posts from the perspective that I'm a civvie, you would find all sorts of other subtexts in my posts that would allow you to see how I'm not bad. It is important, in any game where you are a civvie, to consider the actions of other players both from the perspective that he or she is a baddie as well as from the perspective that they're a civvie. You are too stubborn to do that. It makes it easy for the baddies to agree with you, though.

Epignosis wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:I've never been lynched as a civvie before in all my time playing mafia. This will be a first. Wish I had been able to be around to defend myself. And I wish the days were not so short. Same thing happened to me in CAH. I will probably not sign up for a speed game again, the pace messed with how I play the game.
Don't vote for someone and give a reason that you yourself is guilty of.
Don't tell me how to play. :P I thought I already responded to that, but you keep using it against me. So I'll try to be as clear as possible for you.
  • I made a post about Dom. Kate and FH used my post to vote for Dom themselves.
  • I thought this was suspicious, especially coming from FH, who I usually see as an individual thinker who offers a lot of her own thoughts.
  • I voted for FH as a direct reaction to her vote for Dom.
Now, on the surface, the two votes appear similar. FH voted for Dom second, I voted for FH second. This is true. You can read hypocrisy into my vote, if you only look at it on a surface level, like you have done. But I did not vote for FH simply because she was the second voter for Dom. She could have been first, third, fifteenth, last, and I still would have thought that her vote was suspicious. I expected more from her if she was a civvie, and because I did not see more from her, I thought she was bad. I was wrong, but that was my thought process.

Now, moving away from my Day 1 vote a bit, and into what just happened on Day 2.

Epi, if I were on a team with Dom, you can bet the farm that we would have been talking behind the scenes during this lynch and figuring out how to save ourselves. As boo said, there was a very easy solution to my problem, if I was bad. I could have just voted for you. Dom could have done the same, but I assume he didn't vote for anyone because he was happy to see me lynched, since I would have flipped civ and that could have bought him some street cred. I think he was waiting to see where I placed my vote before he placed his. But once I didn't vote, he was fine with me being the one with the most votes.

My point is, if I was bad, you'd probably be dead right now.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

With this newfound interest in Timmer, in the wake of the Dom lynch, I thought I'd remind the LD (and everyone else too, I guess), that I posited this theory earlier today:
Turnip Head wrote:Timmer and Dom are teammates. Timmer voted for FH to save Dom.

That is a theory. I can see how it could be true. Maybe the LD could figure it out tonight, if s/he is curious.
Now, at the time my statement was ridiculed by Epignosis because checking it for truth would not directly give the alignment of either Timmer or Dom, as there are civvie ways to be teammates in this game. This was by design when I wrote that statement, because I am under the impression that LD statements CANNOT directly reveal the alignment of the player in question.

But now that Dom has been lynched and revealed to be bad, the LD could still check the above statement, since it does not directly reveal alignment. Depending on what answer the LD got, be it true or false, the LD could then deduce, quite easily, the alignment of Timmer. (Epignosis was correct that the second half of that statement is not checkable, and should not be checked. It just supports the theory laid out in the first statement.)

I will also provide a similar statement about me and Dom, just in case the LD is more curious about me than he is about Timmer:

Turnip Head and Dom are teammates.

Of course, the LD should check whatever statement he wants to, I'm just providing some options that I think would be useful. The LD needs to be careful about how he uses any information he receives, because the baddies will be on the lookout for anyone acting like they have info. Use the information to guide your suspicion and thoughts. Do not rely solely on the information you have, because the baddies will be perceptive of when that information is being used. And they will kill you for it.
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 11
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Wow, I just finished catching up, and I don't seem to be missed. :sigh:

Anyway, I'm going to bed now to get some much needed sleep, and I'll be ready to join in discussion tomorrow.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

boo wrote:I'd bother responding to that if I thought you really had just not read the lynch result, but I don't, so I won't.
I had wanted to post in character for this whole game, it seemed like a fun thing to do, but I'm breaking out for this one because I'm too pissed off to go that route.

You'd bother responding? Seriously? I know exactly who got lynched, of course I know that. WTF are you talking about? You aren't normally a smarmy, negative player Boo. I like the other Boo better, the one who doesn't say shit that. Between this post of yours, and the way SVS jumped down my throat the other day, I'm starting to understand why so many people just coast through games without posting.

Wake up and remember that looking at something as if the person is bad, and NOT looking at it as if the person could be good does a LOT of damage.

But hey, if you're so damn sure that I'm bad, so sure that you don't need to "bother" responding to my post, then vote me and find out the error of your ways. Jesus.
My siggie.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Uh, what?

Timmer, in your posts at 9:58pm and 10:10pm PST, being approximately 12 minutes apart from each other and coming approximately 56 minutes after the lynch post was posted, you clearly missed that Dom was lynched and revealed to be a baddie. You did not use the knowledge that Dom was lynched to shape the ideas and suspicions that you made in your two posts. I see exactly what boo was seeing there, and even though his comment was a little sarcastic and quippy, it's possible he was just trying to point something out to you. Something that I believe might be a slipup.

So I wish that the above was the one post you had translated into fun noir-babblespeak, Timmer. Your post, as is, reads way more mean-spirited than Boo's post, and for basically no reason, something you could have masked quite well with your noir-ish persona. I know you have a thicker skin than you're letting on right now. So I'm left wondering why you chose this specific post to break character and act frustrated. But hey, maybe that quip from boo was the straw that broke your camel's back for you, for some reason. Maybe your reaction to boo is genuine. But either way, you go from pouncing on his remark and taking personal offense to it, to implying you should just lie low and not post because of how you are being treated when you speak. Which, logically speaking, is a huge leap for you to make. Then you try and tie that into how people approach your actions in the game, which is completely unrelated to your anger at boo. Yet you connected the two with nothing but emotion. Emotion that you hadn't used in the game until now.

Tell me Timmer. If you knew that Dom was lynched, why do your current thoughts on baddie hunting turn toward boo and Epi, of all people? What logical sense does that make in a world where Dom is revealed publicly to be a baddie? Epi gunned hard for Dom, and boo voted for Epi.

Your suspicions don't take into account Dom being revealed to be bad at all, and I think it's because you are his partner. You did not realize you would have to switch up your suspicions now that Dom's role was revealed.

And I think you're trying to sweep that slipup under the rug by acting really angry about it.
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

Oh for Gods sake, I apologize fuck me I keep forgetting that this is a speed game. No Boo, I actually have not read the lynch post, as far as I understood it you were talking about FH... Jesus, I absolutely apologize I honestly even at this moment haven't read it.
My siggie.
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

I thought it was still day, th. I'm oblivious. I'm going to bed now good Christ.
My siggie.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Going to bed without reading the lynch post still? And how did you miss all the posts that came after it, even though you replied to one of the posts from directly after the lynch? Do you even read the thread bro? :P
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 84

Post by S~V~S »

Sorry boo, i totally am not bad. Last thing I said about Dom that was not involved in self defending was that i am still on the fence about him.

And sorry for suspecting you Epi, i don't see a way you could be bad.

And Timmer, i did not "jump down your throat". You looked to me like you were saving Dom, as TH has also said.

I said about a trillion checkable things about Dom. Hopefully anyone who did not check me after the last lynch checks me tonight; role check, whatever.

Again, I was not Doms teammate. I did not have BTSC with Dom.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Effective immediately, Nevinera is replacing Spacedaisy. He cannot be targeted tonight or lynched tomorrow.

Nevinera
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 31

Post by Nevinera »

Why is everyone talking as if the baddies are on a btsc team?
I see that Wilder is specifically listed as being on a team with Hammet, I'd think that kind of indicates the reverse.
Forgive me if this came up before, I only skimmed the thread.
Nevinera
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Nevinera »

Bah. I should have read the roles list a little harder, sorry.
Nevinera
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Nevinera »

Anyway, hi! I see we've already got this game in the bag, so thanks for doing all the work without me :-)
Though I guess now we have a long slog to find everyone else, with no intentional kills left to give us clues.
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

@SVS, I apologize to you as well, I was just in a pissy mood last night and roped you into it, but it was unwarranted.

To everyone, look, I log in to mafia and peruse the threads a LOT more than the number of times I actually post. The same goes for when I'm civ, indy or bad. I'm often checking in from work, or it's 5 minutes from dinner with the family or whatever, and I just do a quick check-in, I'm sure many of you do as well. So yesterday I honestly thought we were only halfway through Day 2,I did a quick peruse, I saw that Boo had asked about me, so I read his post, i commented on it quickly and I went on with my day. I didn't completely catch up, I had NO idea the day was over and I did NOT know that Dom had been lynched. I invite you to read my posts from yesterday from the POV of someone who thought Boo was talking about the Day 1 FH lynch, and you'll see why I got a bit pissy to him, from my pov his post to me made NO sense because I couldn't understand how he would say such things to me when that first lynch was so up in the air.

Anyway, I again apologize to Boo, I don't generally let mafia get under my skin but for whatever reason I got irked yesterday and took it out on him.

And let me throw this out there for the LD: I have no BTSC, I'm not bad, I did not know Dom was bad. Whatever else you want me to put in there, I will, I'm civ and just made an incredible blunder yesterday.
My siggie.
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

And to those thinking I'm bad because of my vote placement on Day 1, I've just got to say this. Ask anyone in here who has been a baddie teammate of mine; I don't ever miss a vote and tune out for a long stretch when I've got baddie teammates potentially getting lynched. I never, ever do. If a lynch has become inevitable, I'll place a vote somewhere else, I'll figure out the best place for it considering the scenario, but I would never just not bother to post or vote when my teammate is going under. Ask any of them, if I had baddie teammates, would I have been this absent yesterday? Of course that's WIFOM-y, but those of you who know me should know this much, at least! I'm never an absentee baddie teammate.
My siggie.
Lizzy
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 22

Post by Lizzy »

So self-voting is still working as a baddie trap. :mafia: Although it seems like it's slowly fading away... :sigh:
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 84

Post by S~V~S »

:whistle:

Timmer, I know that I can be a bitch, lol, so no worries <3
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

A Person: All quotes / OT

Roxy: Probably good.

Hedgeowl: Good. Voted for Dom early on.

Vompatti: Hasn't said nuthin' since the beginning.

timmer: Weird fucker- gotta think about him some more.

Metalmarsh89: voted Turnips, whom I suspect. I think he's a good fella.

S~V~S: I have a great many reasons to suspect Sra. Tildes, but somethin' gives me a bit of the hold up now. Dom's statements to fool the lie detector man were rather specific, wasn't they?
Dom wrote: I am not on a team with SVS.
I am not on a team with Turnip Head.
I have no knowledge of SVS's role.
I have no knowledge of Turnip Head.
Should the liar checker have a peep at Dom's first statement, it coulda rang false, and Dom woulda known that. Somethin' to keep in mind.

Lizzy: Self-inflicting loon.

Kate: Cool baby.

Turnip Head: Awful hypocritical in da woist sense. Voted for Highflyers for the same reason she voted Dom. Dom was uneasy about votin' for him. However, the same business re: Sra. Tildes applies.

Nevinera: Replaced SD, and he doesn't smell of roses to me.
Nevinera wrote:Anyway, hi! I see we've already got this game in the bag, so thanks for doing all the work without me :-)
Though I guess now we have a long slog to find everyone else, with no intentional kills left to give us clues.
This don't seem genuine whatsoever.

Enygma Eve: Same business regarding A Person- ain't nothin' of substance there. A dog.

k4j: I think he's all right.

boo: I could see boo being scummy. He went after spacedaisy for no good reason on the first day, and Nevinera doesn't strike me as particularly sincere. boo seems even less sincere. Read his posts.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I may be sleepin' with the fishes soon, so I said my thoughts. I got to be sleepin' now in the literal sense.
Nevinera
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Nevinera »

You've never once thought I was a civ. Actually, I don't recall a single person ever remarking that they thought I sounded 'genuine' in any way, and I've been lynched for it in the early days of nearly half my games. Whatever.

I'm a civ. Hopefully that will help.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

The rest of the group, frightened by the hanging, crammed rapidly into the speakeasy, figuring there was safety in numbers.

There were silhouettes literally everywhere.

"Shhh!" said the bartender. Nobody much liked that. Nobody likes to be shushed.

Once the room had quieted down, the bartender asked what they would like to drink.

Boo opened his mouth to answer, but before he had a chance to speak, he collapsed to the ground.

Epignosis collapsed as well, but in a somewhat larger pool of blood.

Boo has died under mysterious circumstances.
Epignosis has been killed by Franz Kindler.

You have 24 hours to lynch a baddie.

Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 11
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Epignosis wrote: Metalmarsh89: voted Turnips, whom I suspect. I think he's a good fella.
Really? I mean I know I am, but I quite literally have done nothing this whole game, so I wonder what makes you say that.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Vompatti
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 18

Post by Vompatti »

Epignosis wrote:Vompatti: Hasn't said nuthin' since the beginning.
Ture. I also missed both the lynch and the night PM. I've been a very bad wombat indeed. :sigh:

*votes self*
When the horse panics or something goes wrong, remain calm and reassure the horse.

Image Image Image

Return to “Previous Side Missions”