[END] Harry Potter Mafia

Moderator: Community Team

Ben Linus
Mouthpiece of Jacob
Posts in topic: 138

Re: [DAY 5] Harry Potter Mafia

Post by Ben Linus »

Barbara Kollerin wrote:And again, like I said on Day 1 or wherever it was, I won't ever think that a character like McGonagall would be created to be an anti-civ until I see the proof of it in front of me. Snape MAYBE, but not her. Your determination to declare the teachers as bad is borderline manic. And with an entire day left, your vote IS a No U, I'm sorry.
You're falling right into Mary's reasoning though, because she wants proof, and you're saying you'll believe it when we have it. Anyway, I don't agree with Mary's reasoning because a) I'm certain that the teachers are good; b) Mary had dropped the case on the teachers once their alignments were revealed, but has picked it up again now that someone has put her in the spotlight as bad; c) it seems like she's grasping for straws at this point since someone is certain that she's bad.
Paul Stevens
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 30

Post by Paul Stevens »

Alizon Device wrote:
Mary Eastey wrote:My question is why is Jennet's horrible case gaining traction? It's not on the merits of the case alone, that's for sure. But, why the recent influx in popularity? Apparently, she cannot be a baddie because of a failed NK attempt on her. So, who else is the game has questionable motives and possible teammates? The Teachers. That's the read I'm definitely getting from Jennet. It also makes sense why she was so offended when I was suspicious of them. We've had 4 nights, that's more then enough time for the Teachers to find each other.

So, let's say Jennet is a teacher, what should we do about it? A clarification from A Person says that the Students are civvies, the Teachers are indies, and Voldemort's Army are baddies. Unfortunately, I haven't really gotten much of a feel for anyone else, except maybe Entjen in terms of baddies. At this point, I'm open to lynching an indie because I feel like it would be very informative as to what their purpose is, and who the others are.
This doesn't make any sense. At all. Even if you lynched a teacher, it wouldn't tell you anything about their purpose, their secrets, their win conditions, nada.

And why would the teachers have found each other by Day 5? :confused:
Mary - you are right we don`t know their win conditions. What we DO KNOW is that they are not killing civs. The Death Eaters are. Win conditions or not your priority as a civ is to lynch those that are harming us. At least thats the way I see it. Why are you so intent on this no u instead of looking for Death Eaters that can kill you at night?

Alizon - I think its quite possible some or all have found each other for btsc. You dismissing it so quick is pingy tbh.

As far as Agnes goes the way she was written back in is quite different than others. I could see a possible recruit sitch.
Julinook
Hydra Account
Posts in topic: 53
Aka: Juliets + Nanook

Post by Julinook »

Jennet Bierley wrote:
You're falling right into Mary's reasoning though, because she wants proof, and you're saying you'll believe it when we have it. Anyway, I don't agree with Mary's reasoning because a) I'm certain that the teachers are good; b) Mary had dropped the case on the teachers once their alignments were revealed, but has picked it up again now that someone has put her in the spotlight as bad; c) it seems like she's grasping for straws at this point since someone is certain that she's bad.
Sure it'd be great to know all of their secrets etc. but Mary seems to have absolutely no interest in baddies at all. The idea of ignoring baddies to try to find and lynch a teacher to get (maybe) some info is absurd.
Sockys2023
The Mark
Posts in topic: 19

Post by Sockys2023 »

Anne Whittle wrote:As far as Agnes goes the way she was written back in is quite different than others. I could see a possible recruit sitch.
Nice try Anne to dismiss me completely as soon as I get back. I have not been recruited I am HARRY POTTER do you really think I would join the Dark Lord? I can't tell you exactly why I'm alive but it's because I have an important role to play. I doubt Ill be alive much longer but I will do some damage to the death eaters while Im here.

I am surprised to see Entjen is still alive. She is squeaking through lynches by the hem of her skirt. Someone is trying to save her that much is certain. I am trying to read the posts of the players who voted me and she still stands out the most to me, Ill try to pull some quotes later I have to keep reading now.
Spooky Ghost
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 180

Post by Spooky Ghost »

Mary Eastey wrote:
Märet Jonsdotter wrote:Mary, if you're thinking Jennet is a teacher, why wouldn't you wait the rest of the day to discuss who might actually be BAD and then vote for Jennet if no fruitful leads came from there?
Why didn't you ask Jennet this question? The reason why I voted early is because I may not be around at the time of the lynch.
Because Jennet doesn't think you're independent.
Mary Eastey wrote:
Jennet Bierley wrote:Here we go again. We don't know what the teachers want, so we should go ahead and lynch them. This sort of case could only be made by a death eater, to whom the teachers are their biggest threat. I will not confirm nor deny whether I am a teacher, because I find that to be counter-productive to myself and anyone else that's a civvie. I will say that I believe that we need the teachers alive rather than dead.
You seem to have some information about the Teachers, Jennet. Would you mind sharing?
Jennet Bierley wrote:This sort of case could only be made by a death eater, to whom the teachers are their biggest threat.
That's right, anyone who is suspicious of the Teachers, which is a indie team we don't know the roles of or the win conditions of, must be bad!
What if we knew a little bit about them?
Mary Eastey wrote:
Barbara Kollerin wrote:Mary "NO U"'d Jennet? I had been thinking the case against Mary was a bit light, but instead of trying to find baddies, Mary votes, early, for someone who the baddies tried to kill? That's the biggest NO U I've seen in awhile!
If you'd actually read my post, you'd realize that I suspect her of being a member of the super shady indie team known as the Teachers, which Jennet seems to know a lot about. It's not just a NO U, it's an actual case.
But why not look for a baddie first????
Because you are one???
Ben Linus
Mouthpiece of Jacob

Post by Ben Linus »

Märet Jonsdotter wrote:
Mary Eastey wrote:
Barbara Kollerin wrote:Mary "NO U"'d Jennet? I had been thinking the case against Mary was a bit light, but instead of trying to find baddies, Mary votes, early, for someone who the baddies tried to kill? That's the biggest NO U I've seen in awhile!
If you'd actually read my post, you'd realize that I suspect her of being a member of the super shady indie team known as the Teachers, which Jennet seems to know a lot about. It's not just a NO U, it's an actual case.
But why not look for a baddie first????
Because you are one???
Precisely.
NurseWilgy
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 25

Post by NurseWilgy »

Agnes Sampson wrote:I'm rereading the thread now, guys. There is a lot to catch up on. I have some thoughts, but I need to organize them before I am ready to share. I am seeing a lot of behavior that makes me nervous.
I will be looking forward to that, especially what trends are making you nervous.
nutellaphant wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image

@NurseWilgy don't post any more k
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
JamminJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertusernamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Celeste
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 120

Post by Celeste »

Mary is reading as a cornered baddie rn... she seems to be throwing out colorful language like "super shady indie team" which don't make much sense given the context, like seriously they're teachers, what the heck are they gonna do, give us detentions? 10 points from gryffindor. While i admit there's not a lot we know about them, Mary seems to be taking the villainization of them a bit far for the sake of survival. As well as trying to accuse Jennet who didn't she just survive a murder?

basically every new post makes me less and less comfortable about Mary
Celeste
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Celeste »

I missed an opportunity to make a "there's something about mary" joke.

I can't believe this.
Rachel Green
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 68

Post by Rachel Green »

Agnes Sampson wrote:
Anne Whittle wrote:As far as Agnes goes the way she was written back in is quite different than others. I could see a possible recruit sitch.
Nice try Anne to dismiss me completely as soon as I get back. I have not been recruited I am HARRY POTTER do you really think I would join the Dark Lord? I can't tell you exactly why I'm alive but it's because I have an important role to play. I doubt Ill be alive much longer but I will do some damage to the death eaters while Im here.

I am surprised to see Entjen is still alive. She is squeaking through lynches by the hem of her skirt. Someone is trying to save her that much is certain. I am trying to read the posts of the players who voted me and she still stands out the most to me, Ill try to pull some quotes later I have to keep reading now.
No one but me is trying to save me. Is there a reason you are so narrowminded against me? you did this before you died, and it looks like that hasn't changed. I am still a student though so go for it all you want I have nothing to hide. I'm not going to waste all my time going back and forth with you when we have actual baddies to find.
Larry David
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Larry David »

Agnes Sampson wrote:

Agnes, i realize you are still trying to catch up but knowing the vote is over in a couple of hours is it possible for you to just tell us specifically why Entjen is standing out to you - even if you don't have time to do quotes? Right now the person who is looking bad to me is Mary but I want to consider any other suspects out there.
Ben Linus
Mouthpiece of Jacob

Post by Ben Linus »

We still have 24+ hours until the day is over. Today is Monday, the vote ends on Tuesday.
Larry David
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Larry David »

Jennet Bierley wrote:We still have 24+ hours until the day is over. Today is Monday, the vote ends on Tuesday.
I was so focused on the time I missed the date! Thanks Jennet, and Agnes there's definitely time for you to pull the quotes to illustrate your points and obviously that is preferable. Please just disregard what I said.
Sockys2023
The Mark

Post by Sockys2023 »

Entjen Gillis wrote:
Agnes Sampson wrote:

No one but me is trying to save me. Is there a reason you are so narrowminded against me? you did this before you died, and it looks like that hasn't changed. I am still a student though so go for it all you want I have nothing to hide. I'm not going to waste all my time going back and forth with you when we have actual baddies to find.
I will try not to be narrowminded about you Entjen and like I said I WILL be looking at other players today for my vote. But since you asked I do believe I have good reason to suspect you.

Here's the quotes for Margarethe and anyone else who might be interested in seeing them.
Entjen Gillis wrote:
Katharina Henot wrote:
Entjen Gillis wrote:
Agnes Sampson wrote:
Entjen Gillis wrote:I voted Agnes. Had to vote now :/ sorry. I'm far from confident about her, but i don't like some of her responses this past day
and better you then me :( :consoling:
Your responses leave something to be desired as well. Plus you are not reading when I say I WILL NOT BE LYNCHED:

I guess you thought nothing of lets say Bridget for jumping on your post and voting me? I ill guess not.
I'm not sure why I should trust you when you say you won't be lynched. I don't know your role, and what am I supposed to do anyways... Just let myself get lynched instead? I know I am a civvie, I can't say the same for you.

I plan on looking at everyone who jumped on all sides of this discussion. And the ones who didn't contribute for that matter. There is more than one baddie to find. :p
call me crazy, but this post feels like "I'll look where ever I have to so that you don't think I'm bad, while I dismiss the people who followed my vote (IE Bridget)

I'm still playing catch up so maybe this is resolved. I'm just posting what I see as I read along.
Nah. she just kind of implied I was only looking at her, which isn't true. just stating the obvious that we have multiple baddies to catch so a narrow minded witchhunt isn't helping anyone
But you WERE only looking at me Entjy. This quote is from you from day 1 and even then you accused me of being narrow-minded against you when I NEVER WAS. I even asked you what you thought about other player's votes for me to see if you had thoughts about them but I don't think you ever answered me. You were not concerned with finding anyone else or talking about anyone but me.
Entjen Gillis wrote:
Bridget Bishop wrote:
Entjen Gillis wrote:
Bridget Bishop wrote:
Entjen Gillis wrote:a bit surprised by the choice there. Ripiywg Agnes
I'm not surprised at all. She can't be lynched. She's not bad.

The end.
There are secrets. Just because she wasn't lynched doesn't mean she is automatically good. There wasn't a high probability of her being lynched again today, I just wasn't expecting her to be nightkilled since there was so much focus on her.
She got killed so she wasn't good? How is that possible?
There are two mafia teams. So while she was killed by one it is still possible she was a member of the other.
Entjen tries to argue that the professors are a mafia team so I could still be bad. Gosh what a thing to say Entjen, why were you still trying to smear my good name even after your team killed me? :noble:
Entjen Gillis wrote:The only way you'd know she was good Bridget is if you are a member of the other team :p :eye:
Entjen accuses Bridget of being a professor so she must be bad, because Bridget assumed I was good. Literally throwing blame in every direction but her own and trying to make me seem evil in the process.
Entjen Gillis wrote:I'm voting for krystyna, it seems like its going to come down to me or her. knowing my role, I know that I am not a baddie and can see how krystyna is twisting things.
I'll probably be gone the rest of the day, not that it matters since people's minds seem to be made up :p
If you had a lynch switch and were really hunting for scum you would not have voted for krystyna using the me or her excuse. Come on Entjen why weren't you trying to find someone else to switch the lynch to if you weren't suspicious of krystyna? Is it because you're mafia and you didn't care which student you switched the lynch to?
Entjen Gillis wrote:
Katharina Henot wrote:what are you thinking entjen?
Well, I legitametly understand some of the suspicion of me. Misguided as it is. But I also think some are hoping on it because its easy.

I'm not too worried though.
Oooo so you even admit to not being worried who would be lynched instead of you :srsnod:

In conclusion I do not think Entjen would have played the way she has so far if she is a student with a lynch switch ability. If that were the case why wouldn't she have been looking for scum instead of using the "better her than me" excuses when two lynches came down to Entjen + me or Entjen + Krystyna. Why wouldn't you have tried harder to find someone you really believed was a death eater, if you had the ability to save yourself and switch the lynch? You were okay with both bandwagons against me and Krystyna. So,

:eye: :eye: :eye:

I really do have thoughts on players other than Entjen I swear, I will get to them soon, Im glad we have 24 hours and not a only a few like Margarethe almost had me believing! :P But alas, I am likely not long for this world so I will have to hurry in any case.
Rachel Green
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Rachel Green »

Honestly your post is a joke. I suspected you Day 1 and was wrong. Your saying you think I have a certain ability, but should have just let myself get lynched to use my ability rather than get someone else lynched? I had a specific problem with Krystyna (her suggestion that Slytherin students were bad).

why would I vote for someone with a better them than me reason? I know I am a civvie I did not know they were. honestly I have had little time to look for mafia because most of my time has been spent defending myself and voting to save myself
Rachel Green
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Rachel Green »

And I never said I wasn't worried about who would be lynched. I wasn't worried about being lynches myself. Lynch me today I will get lynched and you will regret it. We need to get a baddie.
Golf
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 113

Post by Golf »

Entjen Gillis wrote:
Agnes Sampson wrote:

You think that addressing someones legitimate concerns is a waste of time?
Entjen Gillis wrote:Honestly your post is a joke. I suspected you Day 1 and was wrong. Your saying you think I have a certain ability, but should have just let myself get lynched to use my ability rather than get someone else lynched? I had a specific problem with Krystyna (her suggestion that Slytherin students were bad).

why would I vote for someone with a better them than me reason? I know I am a civvie I did not know they were. honestly I have had little time to look for mafia because most of my time has been spent defending myself and voting to save myself
You suspected Agnes, and was wrong, you switched a lynch or something to Krystyna and was wrong there, too. Personally, I think Krys might have been right, she might have been wrong, only the Slytherins know for sure.

I will finish reading tonight, and reread with an emphasis on you and Mary. But your reaction to suspicion is not making me feel differently, quite the opposite.
Mary Eastey wrote:
Jennet Bierley wrote:Here we go again. We don't know what the teachers want, so we should go ahead and lynch them. This sort of case could only be made by a death eater, to whom the teachers are their biggest threat. I will not confirm nor deny whether I am a teacher, because I find that to be counter-productive to myself and anyone else that's a civvie. I will say that I believe that we need the teachers alive rather than dead.
spot the teacher
Spot the cornered baddie.

Lynching Indies, especially THIS set of Indies, feels like a desperation act to me. I know that I would feel horrible were I to participate in the lynch of my Housemaster or Mistress. You, not so much eh? Perhaps you don't have one?

Also @Jennet: I mentioned your two votes for Entgen in your favour, you are consistent. That strikes me as rather more of a civvie trait than otherwise.
Fractal
sprityo
Sockys2023
The Mark

Post by Sockys2023 »

Okay Entjen then who do you think is bad? The only person being discussed that I see right now is Mary, who I will get to in a bit. We need to be talking about more than one person in order to see which way the discussions head toward. As you have said before yourself there is more than one baddie out there.

I have thoughts on other players that I'm trying to get organized, but I'd like to hear your thoughts on other players as well.
Ben Linus
Mouthpiece of Jacob

Post by Ben Linus »

Agnes Sampson wrote:
Entjen Gillis wrote:
Bridget Bishop wrote:
Entjen Gillis wrote:
Bridget Bishop wrote:
I'm not surprised at all. She can't be lynched. She's not bad.

The end.
There are secrets. Just because she wasn't lynched doesn't mean she is automatically good. There wasn't a high probability of her being lynched again today, I just wasn't expecting her to be nightkilled since there was so much focus on her.
She got killed so she wasn't good? How is that possible?
There are two mafia teams. So while she was killed by one it is still possible she was a member of the other.
Entjen tries to argue that the professors are a mafia team so I could still be bad. Gosh what a thing to say Entjen, why were you still trying to smear my good name even after your team killed me? :noble:
There were several people thinking that the professors might be a mafia team, until the hosts cleared it up at some point later that the professors are a sort of indie role. I don't think you can make a strong case against anyone who said otherwise before then, at least for that reason.
Golf
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Golf »

Sure you can. The idea, in the context of this game, that the teachers are a baddie team is silly. I think in a game with one bad team, trying to make the teachers look bad would be the way to go for the Deatheaters. Otherwise their only choice is lynching students, and they won't get far with that until people start noticing. Were I on their team, that would be my strategy from Day 0 forward, vilify the teachers.

The fact that the hosts clarified is helpful to the town, but I still think that those pushing "Teachers=Evil" prior to that are suspect.
Fractal
sprityo
Ben Linus
Mouthpiece of Jacob

Post by Ben Linus »

Merga Bien wrote:Sure you can. The idea, in the context of this game, that the teachers are a baddie team is silly. I think in a game with one bad team, trying to make the teachers look bad would be the way to go for the Deatheaters. Otherwise their only choice is lynching students, and they won't get far with that until people start noticing. Were I on their team, that would be my strategy from Day 0 forward, vilify the teachers.

The fact that the hosts clarified is helpful to the town, but I still think that those pushing "Teachers=Evil" prior to that are suspect.
I agree, the idea is quite silly. I just know that I'm not going to fault someone for being hypothetical when we did not have the knowledge at the time. BUT, we do now.
Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 175

Post by Jack Shephard »

I do not suspect Entjen because I like the simplest explanations best, and I don't agree with Agnes' case. I read Entjen's posts a little differently, and still do. So I don't think I'll be voting there, no.
Anne Whittle wrote:Alizon - I think its quite possible some or all have found each other for btsc. You dismissing it so quick is pingy tbh.
It's also quite possible that they breathe fire and shoot lightning out of their arses, but we don't know that, and I don't care for guessing games that serve as a distraction.
Rachel Green
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Rachel Green »

answers in whatever color I selected! I'm at dinner so I have more to answer I know but will get to them all :)
Merga Bien wrote:
Entjen Gillis wrote:
Agnes Sampson wrote:

You think that addressing someones legitimate concerns is a waste of time?

No. I think going back and forth til we are blue in the face about the same stuff is a waste of time. Civvie on civvie fights are distracting in the thread and prevent us from finding baddies.
Entjen Gillis wrote:Honestly your post is a joke. I suspected you Day 1 and was wrong. Your saying you think I have a certain ability, but should have just let myself get lynched to use my ability rather than get someone else lynched? I had a specific problem with Krystyna (her suggestion that Slytherin students were bad).

You suspected Agnes, and was wrong, you switched a lynch or something to Krystyna and was wrong there, too. Personally, I think Krys might have been right, she might have been wrong, only the Slytherins know for sure.

Yes. I was wrong twice. I have been busy in RL and have been under a lot of scrutiny this game, so am trying my best but I have not been doing great so far, but am trying my I can't change my past votes I can only move forward from here.

I will finish reading tonight, and reread with an emphasis on you and Mary. But your reaction to suspicion is not making me feel differently, quite the opposite.
Mary Eastey wrote:
spot the teacher
Spot the cornered baddie.

Lynching Indies, especially THIS set of Indies, feels like a desperation act to me. I know that I would feel horrible were I to participate in the lynch of my Housemaster or Mistress. You, not so much eh? Perhaps you don't have one?

Also @Jennet: I mentioned your two votes for Entgen in your favour, you are consistent. That strikes me as rather more of a civvie trait than otherwise.
Golf
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Golf »

Alizon Device wrote:I do not suspect Entjen because I like the simplest explanations best, and I don't agree with Agnes' case. I read Entjen's posts a little differently, and still do. So I don't think I'll be voting there, no.
Anne Whittle wrote:Alizon - I think its quite possible some or all have found each other for btsc. You dismissing it so quick is pingy tbh.
It's also quite possible that they breathe fire and shoot lightning out of their arses, but we don't know that, and I don't care for guessing games that serve as a distraction.
Ah yes, you wanted to vote for me for wanting to reread dead civvies. Nothing to be learned from the suspicions of civvies who had lynches switched to them! Nothing to see here, move on, move on!

What is complex about Agnes' case, that it is not the simplest explanation? Can you explain that for me, as I am not seeing it.

So who do you suspect?
Fractal
sprityo
Golf
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Golf »

Also, a linkitis at Entjen:

Alas, I do not think this is a civvie on civvie thing. And we all have real lives.
Fractal
sprityo
Celeste
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Celeste »

i think the simplest explanation thing about entjen is about the circumstances for her survival indicate that they're probably civ, based on stuff. and if they were anything other than that role then that role would be capable of personally taking entjen down on their own.
Golf
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Golf »

There are quite a few secrets in those baddie roles.
Fractal
sprityo
Golf
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Golf »

Also, I was asking Entjen, but thanks for the answer :)
Fractal
sprityo
Celeste
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Celeste »

Oh, I thought you were just asking about the case in general. The secrets are what i meant though, when I said that. If Entjen were saved by some baddie secret thing then wouldn't it be the duty of the one civ role capable of causing such a thing to use that ability to take Entjen out?

That's kinda just my line of thought, I guess.
Golf
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Golf »

Perhaps that person was a low poster, or uninvolved? In any case, then, you feel Entjen is not a baddie?
Fractal
sprityo
Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Jack Shephard »

Merga Bien wrote:
Alizon Device wrote:I do not suspect Entjen because I like the simplest explanations best, and I don't agree with Agnes' case. I read Entjen's posts a little differently, and still do. So I don't think I'll be voting there, no.
Ah yes, you wanted to vote for me for wanting to reread dead civvies. Nothing to be learned from the suspicions of civvies who had lynches switched to them! Nothing to see here, move on, move on!

What is complex about Agnes' case, that it is not the simplest explanation? Can you explain that for me, as I am not seeing it.

So who do you suspect?
People won't like my suggestion, but that doesn't matter to me.

We have a game of 24 players, and only 4 are bad, and it's a sock puppet game, and better than half are participating/voting. I say we start lynching quiet people. because if I were a baddie in this scenario, you can bet your sweet tushie I'd lay as low as possible.
Rachel Green
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Rachel Green »

Merga Bien wrote:Also, a linkitis at Entjen:

Alas, I do not think this is a civvie on civvie thing. And we all have real lives.
I did not say everyone does not have a real life.

And it is a civvie on civvie thing unless Agnes has been recruited, as I am a civvie.
Rachel Green
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Rachel Green »

Entjen Gillis wrote:
Merga Bien wrote:Also, a linkitis at Entjen:

I did not say everyone does not have a real life.

And it is a civvie on civvie thing unless Agnes has been recruited, as I am a civvie.
also, I'm not saying I seriously think Agnes has been recruited. Just that would be the only way this isn't civvie on civvie
Celeste
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Celeste »

@merga: i feel that's what the game circumstances seem to indicate about them, of course it's always possible that that particular role wouldn't behave in the exact way i would predict.
Spooky Ghost
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Spooky Ghost »

Entjen Gillis wrote:Honestly your post is a joke.
:eye: :eye: :eye: :eye:
Alizon Device wrote:

We have a game of 24 players, and only 4 are bad, and it's a sock puppet game, and better than half are participating/voting. I say we start lynching quiet people. because if I were a baddie in this scenario, you can bet your sweet tushie I'd lay as low as possible.
How'd that work out before?
Golf
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Golf »

Alizon, Anne, Entjen, I have to go attend to my real life. This has been fun, though.

And yeah, Alizon, I hate that suggestion.
Fractal
sprityo
Rachel Green
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Rachel Green »

Märet Jonsdotter wrote:
Entjen Gillis wrote:Honestly your post is a joke.
:eye: :eye: :eye: :eye:
eye me all you want. if that had come off as bitchy, sorry, but I feel like Agnes is just finding reasons to suspect me now. :shrug: Same story new day

I have to go back to the other page still later I missed some posts
Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Jack Shephard »

Märet Jonsdotter wrote:
Alizon Device wrote:

Last time I...

Advocated the lynching of non-participants? I've never done that to my recollection.

Stayed quiet? I was baddie and won.
Rachel Green
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Rachel Green »

Agnes Sampson wrote:Okay Entjen then who do you think is bad? The only person being discussed that I see right now is Mary, who I will get to in a bit. We need to be talking about more than one person in order to see which way the discussions head toward. As you have said before yourself there is more than one baddie out there.

I have thoughts on other players that I'm trying to get organized, but I'd like to hear your thoughts on other players as well.
I'm still out so hopefully can get a more organized list of suspects going later. I have spent a lot of time defending myself so it has been hard to formulate my opinion. I doubt
I will make it much longer though so I'd like to give the civs a few parting words if I am the one to go.
Larry David
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Larry David »

Alizon, I think what Maret is asking is the last time we lynched a low participator in this game, how did that work out for us? And the answer is, it worked out terribly for us. We lynched Margaret Pearson and she was a civ. I'm not looking at low posters again unless we have narrowed it down much better to someone specific using thread evidence and/or voting patterns. I don't feel like we've got that this lynch. (Maret if this is not what you meant, sorry and please correct me.)
Ben Linus
Mouthpiece of Jacob

Post by Ben Linus »

Entjen Gillis wrote:
Agnes Sampson wrote:Okay Entjen then who do you think is bad? The only person being discussed that I see right now is Mary, who I will get to in a bit. We need to be talking about more than one person in order to see which way the discussions head toward. As you have said before yourself there is more than one baddie out there.

I'm still out so hopefully can get a more organized list of suspects going later. I have spent a lot of time defending myself so it has been hard to formulate my opinion. I doubt
I will make it much longer though so I'd like to give the civs a few parting words if I am the one to go.
Mary better be the one who goes today, not you.
Spooky Ghost
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Spooky Ghost »

Alizon Device wrote:
Märet Jonsdotter wrote:
Alizon Device wrote:

Last time I...

Advocated the lynching of non-participants? I've never done that to my recollection.

I meant that we as a group did it, not you particular.

I played a loud game and won, many times. I think your point is basically, "Let's just lynch the quiet people!"

I think we have pretty decent leads with Mary and Entjen. Why do you want to avoid them?
Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Jack Shephard »

Margarethe Reinberg wrote:Alizon, I think what Maret is asking is the last time we lynched a low participator in this game, how did that work out for us? And the answer is, it worked out terribly for us. We lynched Margaret Pearson and she was a civ. I'm not looking at low posters again unless we have narrowed it down much better to someone specific using thread evidence and/or voting patterns. I don't feel like we've got that this lynch. (Maret if this is not what you meant, sorry and please correct me.)
Then I don't think that's a fair question. Six people out 21 players voted Margaret Pearson, and that's hardly a 'targetting of the quiet' when nobody else had more than three votes.

Margaret Pearson
Malin Matsdotter (5), Alice Nutter (6), Margarethe Reinberg (7), Entjen Gillis (10), Anna Koldings (11), Margaret Pearson (12)
38%

Whats more, asking me "How'd that wok out for us" is gambler's fallacy bullshit. Voldemort is hiding. Give non-playing people a pass at your own peril.
Spooky Ghost
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Spooky Ghost »

Alizon Device wrote:
Margarethe Reinberg wrote:Alizon, I think what Maret is asking is the last time we lynched a low participator in this game, how did that work out for us? And the answer is, it worked out terribly for us. We lynched Margaret Pearson and she was a civ. I'm not looking at low posters again unless we have narrowed it down much better to someone specific using thread evidence and/or voting patterns. I don't feel like we've got that this lynch. (Maret if this is not what you meant, sorry and please correct me.)
Then I don't think that's a fair question. Six people out 21 players voted Margaret Pearson, and that's hardly a 'targetting of the quiet' when nobody else had more than three votes.

Margaret Pearson
Malin Matsdotter (5), Alice Nutter (6), Margarethe Reinberg (7), Entjen Gillis (10), Anna Koldings (11), Margaret Pearson (12)
38%

Whats more, asking me "How'd that wok out for us" is gambler's fallacy bullshit. Voldemort is hiding. Give non-playing people a pass at your own peril.
Why have we only lynched civvies?

We did target low posters. That's what all of the discussion was about yesterday. Where should we start? Do you have a lead? We tried this. And it's just an easy way to get a civvie lynched. They don't post a lot, baddies pile on, civvie lynched.
Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Jack Shephard »

Märet Jonsdotter wrote:
Alizon Device wrote:
Märet Jonsdotter wrote:
Alizon Device wrote:

Last time I...

I played a loud game and won, many times. I think your point is basically, "Let's just lynch the quiet people!"

I think we have pretty decent leads with Mary and Entjen. Why do you want to avoid them?
:sigh:

My point is abso-fucking-lootley start lynching quiet people. I said that. In fucking English. Did I not? There, I made it blue for you.

Decent leads? I don't agree at all. I don't think either of them are bad. I think Mary is just a nut, and I think Entjen is good. So far, eagerness to take out who the hell ever makes the biggest waves or produces the most chatter is a poor strategy. How's that method working out, huh?
Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Jack Shephard »

Märet Jonsdotter wrote:
Alizon Device wrote:

Margaret Pearson
38%

Because it's statistically more likely?
Märet Jonsdotter wrote:We did target low posters. That's what all of the discussion was about yesterday. Where should we start? Do you have a lead? We tried this. And it's just an easy way to get a civvie lynched. They don't post a lot, baddies pile on, civvie lynched.
Who is we? And when? Let's review.

Day 1 was Agnes at 5 votes. You missed that vote.
Day 2 you voted for Bridget Birshop, who was good. I wouldn't call her a low poster tbh.
On day 3, you were the very first one to vote for Krystyna- HARDLY a low poster.
On day 4, you DID NOT vote for Margaret Pearson (so you are not a part of that "we").

So who is this WE you mentioned that targeted low posters?
Larry David
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Larry David »

Alizon, there are no mods on right now so I'm asking you please don't talk to people the way you did in your next to last post. We are all friends here even behind these socks and we've all agreed to play these games showing respect for each other.
Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Jack Shephard »

Margarethe Reinberg wrote:Alizon, there are no mods on right now so I'm asking you please don't talk to people the way you did in your next to last post. We are all friends here even behind these socks and we've all agreed to play these games showing respect for each other.
Sorry I didn't intent that to be rude, just forward.
Spooky Ghost
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Spooky Ghost »

Alizon Device wrote:
Märet Jonsdotter wrote:
Alizon Device wrote:
Märet Jonsdotter wrote:
Alizon Device wrote:

Last time I...

:sigh:

My point is abso-fucking-lootley start lynching quiet people. I said that. In fucking English. Did I not? There, I made it blue for you.

Decent leads? I don't agree at all. I don't think either of them are bad. I think Mary is just a nut, and I think Entjen is good. So far, eagerness to take out who the hell ever makes the biggest waves or produces the most chatter is a poor strategy. How's that method working out, huh?
And guess what! I said things! in Fucking English! Wow! I can be assertive too!

Mary comes across as a cornered baddie, IMO. But the people making the biggest waves HAVE NOT been getting lynched. That's obvious.
Alizon Device wrote:
Märet Jonsdotter wrote:
Alizon Device wrote:

Margaret Pearson
38%

Because it's statistically more likely?
Märet Jonsdotter wrote:We did target low posters. That's what all of the discussion was about yesterday. Where should we start? Do you have a lead? We tried this. And it's just an easy way to get a civvie lynched. They don't post a lot, baddies pile on, civvie lynched.
Who is we? And when? Let's review.

Day 1 was Agnes at 5 votes. You missed that vote.
Day 2 you voted for Bridget Birshop, who was good. I wouldn't call her a low poster tbh.
On day 3, you were the very first one to vote for Krystyna- HARDLY a low poster.
On day 4, you DID NOT vote for Margaret Pearson (so you are not a part of that "we").

So who is this WE you mentioned that targeted low posters?
The group at large?
Nice try to throw some shade my way...

You think we should lynch a low poster? Which one? Why that particular one?
Gunther
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 96

Post by Gunther »

Ok first of all, can I just say - Merga. I adore your new incarnation. Reading your posts was like looking into my brain. I honestly, more than once since my last post was going to quote you and say "I completely agree," but soon realized I was thinking it for literally every single post. So in general ladies, yea....What Merga said!

2) I agree with the suspicion of Mary. I'm firmly with Barbara re: The Professors. I can't see any world where any professor except *maybe* Snape (and that would be because the hosts have to change his nature to fit the game) would or could harm the civs. Until I start seeing a professor kill students, I refuse to believe that they are anything but survive to the end indies. So yea, trying to paint them as as the big bad again when being called out a bit does raise my eye. Like a lot.

3) I can see Agnes's point about Entjen. I can also see Entjen's problem of being under suspicion pretty much since day 1 and it limiting her ability to baddie hunt with the rest of us. I'm really rather undecided on Entjen atm. I keep wanting to give her the benefit of the doubt though and I can't figure out why that is.

4) Alizon, I see your point about the low posters as well. I wouldn't be surprised at all if there was a baddie in the mix there, the problem is that there are also bound to be LOTS of civs in that mix. And also depending on the players on that baddie team, several of them could be people who play the "high posting baddie" strategy. Honestly, if I were on the baddie team, I would have had that specific conversation with them. "some of us should hide - some of us should be vocal. Who feels comfortable where?" If YOU were going to right now vote a low poster who would you vote? And you can't just agree with me on Karin, I've made that case. You think that's the best baddie strategy - tell me who else is a low poster and bad.

If we are going to lynch a low poster, I think it should be well thought out on who is most likely bad given the posts they have made rather than just picking a low poster and everyone piling on them. I would humbly like to re-submit my case from the last cycle on Karin, which I'm requoting as I can't do the super cool linkie thing with the text.
Katharina Henot wrote:I'm going with Karin today. I pulled these two quotes because a) Of the few posts she has, these are the most involved in the game ones there are and b) These posts back to back are interesting to me.
Karin Svensdotter wrote:I think it is safest to assume that The Teachers are a separate unfriendly group with their own win conditions. I would really like to know if they have BTSC.
Karin Svensdotter wrote:
A Person wrote:Also, the only group that had btsc initially was the baddie team. Whether anything has changed, who can say? ;)
This is pre host clarification on the teachers being indy's.

If the teachers have already developed BTSC, that was quick. It's only day 2.
Katharina Henot wrote: I think that given their clarification that the teachers are Indy and we have kills from Voldy and the Death Eaters every night, they should be our priority. Indys that have no kill typically just have "survive to the end." win conditions.
I didn't read anything about the teachers not having a kill. What makes you assume this?
Bridget Bishop wrote:For various reasons, I predicted that I would not live long, and that this would be the best way for me to help the students. When I mount the gallows, and you tighten the noose roundabout my neck, and I breathe my last, and you see that my name be entirely white among the village, then those likewise innocent will have guidance.
This is literally the next post roughly 24 hours later from her. I get we have host clarification on how the teachers are aligned by this point so that may be some of the reason she's turning things down a lot, but also she asked me a question, which I did respond to and then the whole thing was just dropped. And she's said very little before or after this.

The final vote getting thing for me is that I actually responded to her posts and I had no memory of her in the game at all till I pulled her quotes. That officially qualifies as "I forgot they were even playing." for me.

It tweeks my eye just enough to want to vote there. Back to back, these posts feel like attempted fear mongering that didn't take with a side of backpeddling.

vote karin

Alice it's "Wynn and Gilly" ;) also - every time I see Entjen's name my head will be singing "....and the spiders from mars..." *and* now the song is stuck in my head. So...yea. Thanks for both those things. :p
Might I also add that since this post, the only other post we've gotten from Karin was "Fiddlesticks! Sorry I forgot to vote!" w/o so much as mention that she incurred 3 votes in that lynch. I can't quite decide if that means she's a baddie hoping it gets brushed under the rug or a civ who is just that not involved.

5) Maret - I get your point as well. Plenty of us are vocal - do you have anyone else besides Mary and Entjen who is making you think they might be a very vocal baddie? If so - why please. :)

6) Rebecca - don't think I've forgotten about you :) Not that I need an update on where you are or what you're doing. But you've gone quiet again when you were all thankful for me reminding you you had things to address. Have you not addressed them now because you feel they are not relevant or have you hoped we would forget them? What are your thoughts? Where to you think your vote is going today? (TBH I'm on the fence about you. : :srsnod: )

lots of linkie - and yes - please - let's keep things friendly - I'm positive that if we were all playing with our real id's - we would not be so quick with the snark and we could read the tone and all that. Please keep it all in mind when responding to each other. I'm getting to the point that when I think someone is being rude I'm starting to suspect them, not because I'm reading them as frustrating, but because I'm reading them as trying to squash discussion by being aggressive. Keep that in mind as you post ladies.

<--------- Pround member of the Miss Manners Club. :srsnod: :noble:

Return to “Previous Jobs”