Champions 2019 - Crisis on The Syndicate [GAME OVER]

Would you like to see a hammer lynch tomorrow?

Poll ended at Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:00 pm

Yes
No votes
No
20%
I don't care
13%
MC Hammer (host/dead/nonplayer)
67%

Total votes: 15
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 724
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Re: Champions 2019 - Crisis on The Syndicate [Night 3]

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 9:30 am
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 9:29 am
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 4:00 am Dom went fairly hard after teammate jack in the wire. Wouldn’t say it’s out of their range.

That said the volume is pretty noticeably different.
?

When I replaced in, it was just me and you?
I thought you were there from the beginning?
Maybe I was.

Idk. I don’t remember Dom being on our team. :haha:
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 530
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

Wait. Maybe Dom was on my team in all my circuits

I roll mafia too much tbh
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Yep, it was all my circuits and jack wasn’t even in the game.

Anyways skimmed through it since that’s the actually relevant game, I see attacks on one teammate (myself) and essentially ignoring another (creature), but the attacks never actually led to a vote and weren’t the sort of attack designed to actually be effective imo.

So yeah I’d say Dom and Mac likely not teammates.
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 313

Post by Dom »

I don't think I played The Wire.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 313

Post by Dom »

I am not temmates with Mac, but there was a recent game where I bussed nutella. :shrug:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

SOMETIMES THE 800 SCUM GAMES IN A ROW BLEND TOGETHER OK
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Michelle wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 5:23 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 4:20 am Michelle

Michelle wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:18 pm
MacDougall wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:13 pm
Michelle wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:11 pm
MacDougall wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:22 pm @Michelle and @Dom probably should have the same read as me on this.
to search this "this" at 4 am is not actually possible, can you quote it please?
You played scum with Nutella when Jack nailed her out of the box on day 1 in the Aussie game. It should mean something to you because you know how she feels about it. Does what you know line up with how she is dealing with him here to you? Looking at before I called her out on it specifically.
Solely from vibe she puts more feeling here. There it was faked. Usually villagers emotions are stronger.
I would not lynch her today.
For analysing content I need day time reading and now I can't, i barely can stay with the eyes open.
Michelle wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 5:20 am
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 4:13 am I’m on record as being willing to kill drago as well 🤷‍♀️
Dragomir wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 7:58 pm
juliets wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 7:27 pm
Dragomir wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 7:26 pmHoly shit.
Welcome Drago.
Hi, what's going on here? I'm not gonna read 35 pages.
@Nanook except he is not playing, what looks like scum for Drago?
MacDougall wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 4:25 am Wait how is Nanook alive?
is this a derp attempt? o.o
Michelle wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 2:52 pm Started to Iso Mac on pc but I will have to leave it so I have to post what I picked up
MacDougall wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:27 pm I put all the names in Random.org and Master Radishes came up and he's already got the most votes. Universe 1 - MR - 0.
This is awful for a champion.
MacDougall wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:33 pm Dyslexicon
Epignosis
juliets
Michelle
nutella
S~V~S

Sloonei
tedxtr
TonyStarkPrime
sprityo
Tranq
Turnip Head

ColinIsCool
Dom
Dragomir

G-Man
Jackofhearts2005
JaggedJimmyJay
Master Radishes
NANOOK
sabie12
sig
speedchuck
rainbow reads. tells to Sig they are with meme purpose :shrug:

bbl at this, sorry :) short conclusion, I am confused by Mac
Michelle wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 4:16 pm I just noticed, Radishes didn't vote in his big counter wagon on Mac. I think is important to know Mac's alignament because of that.
Michelle wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 4:18 pm on Mac . .
i am idiot
Michelle wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 4:20 pm Anyway I like more that wagon's composition

[VOTE: Mac] aubergine
Michelle wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 11:46 pm Good morning, a good one indeed ^^
MacDougall wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 7:14 pm
Sloonei wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 7:01 pm
MacDougall wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 6:52 pm Jack is bad. Sig is town.
Talk to me about these reads.
The primary reasons for reading Sig as scum are by virtue of knowing I am scum, which I am not and through interactions with dead scum, which I agree look bad but I think Jack and a few others look bad by this measure too.

Jack is revelling in this dichotomy and has somehow skated by again. I think he's bad and fostering this false dichotomy. If Sig is not Jack's partner then he is not Mafia, and I don't think Jack would be playing this way if his partner was up for lynch.

Sig is right about how it's strange that people who have tunneled me are now voting him. It reminds me of another game I played where the Mafia kept the primary mislynch bait alive and kept knocking off other civilians. I think that lynching Sig is being led by the other scum faction.
Is this a slip? Not his, but the other scum faction.

Sorry if someone said this already :biggrin:

I'm not getting much from this. Their interactions have been few, and that reflects Michelle's quiet game to this point. Her accusations of Mac don't make me feel anything. I highlighted the reason she provided for voting Mac; I don't entirely understand it. Her vote came about 5 hours prior to EOD. Eh. I'm not inclined to dissociate them.

Conclusion: Decent
You found me a decent compatibility with scum Mac? :pout:

My only problem is I didn't have time to play and read. For this I know I can be pushed and mislynched at any moment in this game. :shrug:
However, I am villager and I was pushing and voting for Radishes and voted for Mac.
My short explanation for voting Mac was because I thought he may be another member of Radishes team because he avoided to self press by voting Mac who was his counter wagon. My conclusion was wrong but doesn't make me wolf.
And my play time in day 3 for finding the wagon to vote in was 22 mins until I voted and around 30 mins overall in the moment I voted - and little presence at Sod, being a potato for all the day. I let the vote parked on Mac and went to sleep. What evidence do you need for me never being scum with Mac than this?
I also looked at the wagons and I trusted more the players who voted for Mac, mostly because of the gut reads I have from what I read.
The decision to vote was genuine and I am ok with your mistrust, because I know I am innocent. My flip would prove this but I hope you don't need it and you will keep search for scum.
Maybe I'm being too gullible but this reads like someone who legit doesn't have btsc and tmi.

Inclined to keep my Michelle townread intact.

Towncore -> Jack, Michelle, Epi, Dom, Juliets, Ghost of Dizzy

That's pretty good for multiball
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

S~V~S wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 7:14 am While I am glad Mac was bad, I think it's gonna be a tough row to hoe now to lynch sig, and I think Dizzys theory is 100% true. I think it would have been easier to lynch sig first, then Mac. But meh.

Manipulate away manipulators, last night was kinda demoralizing for me, I will be back after the night post, maybe even tomorrow AM.
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 7:24 am I’m not sure why mac flipping the exact role that he is required to be for the “sig slipped” theory to make sense makes it harder to kill Sig, not easier?

I also don’t super understand the demoralization given we just killed a pretty nasty scum role, tbh
Yeah yeah.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 9:26 am There’s also just the chance that sig was so sure that mac was the only one who could’ve/would’ve silenced him* that the rest followed from there. It’s not unlike sig to be utterly convinced of a bit of an out there theory.

*it might be possible he self watched with the watcher dingbot too, but idk if self watching is a thing here or not
Self watching has negative equity. You can't catch a killer with a self watch because even if you correctly pick the kill target, you're dead.

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 9:58 am
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 9:26 am There’s also just the chance that sig was so sure that mac was the only one who could’ve/would’ve silenced him* that the rest followed from there. It’s not unlike sig to be utterly convinced of a bit of an out there theory.

*it might be possible he self watched with the watcher dingbot too, but idk if self watching is a thing here or not
Self watching has negative equity. You can't catch a killer with a self watch because even if you correctly pick the kill target, you're dead.
I did not say it would be a good idea
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Anyway, Sig doesn't get away.

Even if you assume Sig is Lassie -> he role copped Mac -> he made the leap that Mac was a bulletproof wolf
instead of the more logical Sig knew the mafia shot Mac and nothing happened -> the town wouldn't protect Mac -> Mac was a bulletproof wolf

then you still have all the stuff Dizzy pointed out about his interactions with Sabie and Radishes.

Plus, Lassie is an alignment cop, not a role cop. She can find a wolf, not a bulletproof player.

I don’t think I ever said lassie was a role cop

I think Sig is gonna happen no matter what I do so I’m not wasting energy fighting it. Tbh I’m not even sure it’s wrong
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 596
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

Here is the fateful passage between sig and S~V~S:
sig wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 10:38 pm
S~V~S wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 10:33 pm There is a civ that can't be nked and two protection roles, Aja and Lassie.
Yea, but I doubt they'd have targeted Mac.

I did think about the civ role, a fair amount. However, I think it's much more likely he's mafia.

<snip>
Tell me I'm crazy, but as I read back over this something clicked for me. We don't have any evidence that Mac was targeted N1. The Monitor could have been targeted or someone who was protected or someone who was jailed or Mac. sig speaks as if Mac was targeted. If sig knows Mac is bad, he may have as Nanook said surmised that Mac was targeted N1 when in reality someone else was targeted. If that happened, that would show sig was just guessing and this TMI/slip thing would lose some credibility.

That said, there is no way that I see that we can tell who was targeted N1 so this theory probably isn't very useful. It does however bring in some question in my mind that it is a slam dunk that sig knew both that Mac was bad and that he was targeted.

Tell me if you think this is crazy or I've overlooked something that upends this theory. I'm not saying sig is not bad, I'm just saying I see a possibility here that would work.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

If Sig copped Mac, why did he switch to voting me?

He wasn't trying to pursue a scum lynch. He was trying to avoid his own lynch.

He's saying I'm making up nonsense because he's flailing.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 10:30 am If Sig copped Mac, why did he switch to voting me?

He wasn't trying to pursue a scum lynch. He was trying to avoid his own lynch.

He's saying I'm making up nonsense because he's flailing.
Ohhh I forgot he switched to you. [mention]sig[/mention] why did you switch to Jack instead of staying with Mac?
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

I'm just saying if you're really the cop and you have a red peek on a player and can't say so and you're about to get lynched, you go to your grave voting for your red peek.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 10:59 am I'm just saying if you're really the cop and you have a red peek on a player and can't say so and you're about to get lynched, you go to your grave voting for your red peek.
Yes, I get it, thanks.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Michelle
Made Man
Posts in topic: 320
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers/herself

Post by Michelle »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 10:59 am I'm just saying if you're really the cop and you have a red peek on a player and can't say so and you're about to get lynched, you go to your grave voting for your red peek.
This is the correct play for the alignament cop with towny mindset, so indeed the tomorow lynch should be on Sig.

Did he ever post a list of reads ?

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
DrWilgy wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 6:59 pm Death before cowardice.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 302

Post by speedchuck »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 9:45 am SOMETIMES THE 800 SCUM GAMES IN A ROW BLEND TOGETHER OK
*counts nanook's game played*

:ponder:

*votes nanook*
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Re: Champions 2019 - Crisis on The Syndicate [Night 1]

Post by speedchuck »

speedchuck wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:35 pm
sig wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:33 pm
speedchuck wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:32 pm
Master Radishes wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:04 pm Of those names, I’m not sure one in particular stands out. I think Sig’s vote was the most egregious, but his macro play of all those names has been the greenest. At the moment I’m not entirely sure where I’d place a vote (and obviously can’t anyway), but GTH I’d say Sabie. Also not a fan of Mac’s play on this – inconsistent and never landed on the wagon or, conversely, showed progression away from it. Just blew on the sparks a bit.
I dunno, I was suspicious of Sig for a reason I think. Let me look back.

Ah, yes, it was his crappity crap reasons for still wanting to lynch nutella after Jack recanted. He overcompenisated for his position by throwing a bunch of bad reasons in with the good.
1. Reason wasnt crappy
2. Was laying out my thought process. :shrug:

It would be imo so much worse to instantly switch off since Jack changed his mind, especially since I didnt base my vote solely off his read and two she wasn't a civ?

Not to mention I stated a few times she wasnt my top lynch which Is why I switched off once things evened our a bit.
Some of your reasons were crappy. And you had some perfectly good reasons. Overcompensating to justify staying on nutella. Meh. Minor sus.
This is the post where I started suspecting Sig. I quote this because what I'm about to say might get me lynched lol.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage

speedchuck wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 11:28 am
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 9:45 am SOMETIMES THE 800 SCUM GAMES IN A ROW BLEND TOGETHER OK
*counts nanook's game played*

:ponder:

*votes nanook*
I was on a run a couple months ago of 6 or 7 straight scum games (including the wire and circuits here). Shit’s exhausting
Michelle
Made Man
Posts in topic: 320
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers/herself

Post by Michelle »

The votes from nights may not be so relevant but idk... maybe the teams voted in a different way and someone may figure a pattern.. now at preview it looks totally random:
Hope is correct, the multipolls killed me :omg:

This night at this moment (copied it approx 3 hours ago):

Which Addams Family member is the most ghoulish?

Gomez 1 - 7% Voters: Epignosis
Morticia 1 - 7% Voters: NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
Wednesday1 - 7% Voters: Jackofhearts2005
Pugsley 2 - 13% Voters: S~V~S, sprityo
Uncle Fester 1- 7% Voters: speedchuck
Grandmama 2 - 13% Voters: Turnip Head, JaggedJimmyJay
Lurch 3 - 20% Voters: Michelle, Dom, TonyStarkPrime
Thing 0 No votes Voters: None
Cousin Itt 2 - 13% Voters: nutella, Sloonei

Night 0
Which flavour is your favourite?

6 Vanilla - Speed, Jack, Tony, Nanook01, Sprityo, GMan
2 Chocolate - Sig, Michelle
2 Strawberry - Sloonei, Ted
2 Mint Chocolate Chip - JJJ, Nutella01
1 Pralined and cream - Mac
3 Pistacho - Epi, Tranq, Dizzy
1 Raspberry - Turnip
1 Butterscoch - Svs
2 Lime sorbet - Juliets, Sabie

Night 1
Best Gossip Girl character?

8 Blair - Sig, Sabie, GMan, Juliets, Dizzy, Turnip, Ted, Tranq
3 Chuck - Sloonei, Colin, Turnip
4 Georgina - Ted, Tony, Jack, Sprityo
1 Nate - Tony
3 Serena- Colin, JJJ, Epi
1 Jenny - Tranq
1 Vanessa - Speed
3 Dan- Svs, Michelle, Dom

Night 2
Who is your favourite Arrowverse hero?

5 Green arrow- Ted, Tranq, Epi, Svs, Mac
5 The Flash - Dom, Jack, Ted, Nutella02, Sig
1 Mr.Terrific- Ted
6 John Constantine - Tony, Sprityo, Mac, Nanook02, Colin, Sabie
3 White canary - Svs, Nanook, Tranq
1 The Atom - Dizzy,
1 Black Lightning - Dizzy
6 Supergirl - Turnip, Nanook02, Nutella02, G-Man, JJJ, Juliets
1 Killer frost - Sabie
3 Black canary - Svs, Mac, Sig
3 Superman- Dom, Jack, Michelle
1 Steel - Dizzy
4 Heat wave - Tony, Jack,Sabie, Tranq
4 Elongated man - Speed, Sloonei, Colin, JJJ
2 Martian Manhunter - Tony, Colin

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
DrWilgy wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 6:59 pm Death before cowardice.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

My post got deleted by stupid internet twice so I'm gonna be brief. Looking at the sigslip progression.
sig wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 9:36 pm
MacDougall wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 9:32 pm sig & sprityo vs. mac

it's actually like the culmination of a several year arc when you think about it
Where the two brave heroes finally defeat the evil mastermind.

Or the one brave hero (sig) teams up with the lesser of two evils to defeat the more powerful evil overlord.
Sig has been going after Mac for a while.
sig wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 10:07 pm
S~V~S wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 9:56 pm @sig you saw my post, please can you explain how this night result proves any specific person bad?

I don't know what any of you are talking about.

Linki @ nutella I did read it if I don't know what a janitor is that doesn't help me lol
A combination of the last two nights plus his general tone/other things I touched on N1.

So here's how it went down.

N1 I made posts about Mac I was then given one post for 2 day. Which is Satima's power. I think Mac/his team was the most likely to use this on me given whom I was calling out mainly him.

linki: I see people already answered.
Sig begins with the assumption that a Saitama on Mac's team is targeting him, because who else would target him based on his posts? This is not a horrible assumption to make, especially with him already scum-reading Mac strongly.

sig wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 10:09 pm Also food for thought that I'm workshoping:

N1 there was no kill and Sprityo/Dom started to pursue Mac more heavily. Now there were a few things floating around about that, but given some of the voters on his wagon and how Sabie flipped I think Team 1 tried to kill Mac and it didn't work since he has the one night kill protection. Which led to a push from some of the players on his wagon to flip him to gain civ credit.

The great thing here is that so many people on Radish's wagon had teammate compatibility with both Sabie/Radish.

So we flip Mac and he's mafia, next lynch is Sprityo who's one of the surviving Anti-Moniters and from there it's just the matter of finding the last one of them and then analyzing how people voted to save Mac. Given the last minute swing to stop Mac from being lynched I think his team moved and pushed him over so we'd wanna look at late voters to the Radish wagon. Which adds to my suspicion of Mac.
In comes the game theorizing. Sig seems excited to build on his Mac theory. He does so based on the already-revealed mafia and the reaction of some players (Sprityo) after the failed nightkill. Note that this builds on the assumption that Mac is on Saitama's team, pinpointing Mac AS Saitama. This isn't coming out of the blue, Sig is worldbuilding around assumptions. It's almost tinfoil at this point, but I can sorta see it. There aren't that many nightkill protections in this game.
sig wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 10:35 pm
MacDougall wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 10:10 pm
sig wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 10:07 pm
S~V~S wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 9:56 pm @sig you saw my post, please can you explain how this night result proves any specific person bad?

I don't know what any of you are talking about.

Linki @ nutella I did read it if I don't know what a janitor is that doesn't help me lol
A combination of the last two nights plus his general tone/other things I touched on N1.

So here's how it went down.

N1 I made posts about Mac I was then given one post for 2 day. Which is Satima's power. I think Mac/his team was the most likely to use this on me given whom I was calling out mainly him.

linki: I see people already answered.
Mr. TunnelMac, I was not here on night 1 at all. I didn't even know that you were suspicious of me.
That's a nothing argument all the way.

There is no way to p[rove or since you have a team of 3 more they weren't here.

Really and this is probably the reason why Mac was so salty about it last phase. He could've had nothing to do with this at all, it could've been his teammates decisions and I just linked him to it vs them.

Either way Mac is mafia take it to the bank.
Sig is certain of Mac's mafia-ness and that Mac's team used Mac's power to target him. That's the crux of his argument.
sig wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 10:38 pm
S~V~S wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 10:33 pm There is a civ that can't be nked and two protection roles, Aja and Lassie.
Yea, but I doubt they'd have targeted Mac.

I did think about the civ role, a fair amount. However, I think it's much more likely he's mafia.

Also to Epi, I do plan to finish my case, this phase just caught me at a bad time.

Alternatively to Mac,

I'd say Sprityo is a good lynch followed by an inactive/semi active role. Think a lurker who isn't doing much.

linki: Your back and forth with Dom yesterday, various other posts, your small dick comments, and your entire tone when discussing you. :shrug:
SVS's post here doesn't quote Sig, but is a direct response to the theory post in the context of the thread. Sig responds with the same realization I had toward Jack a bit ago.
No protection would target Mac.
This post wasn't built on the knowledge that Mac was targeted and discounting that Aja and Lassie could have stopped the kill. Sig was specifically bolstering his theory against the idea that, SPECIFICALLY, Mac survived for some other reason. Sig is deep in theory-world here, and his response makes assumptions that could make sense in that theory world, given his educated guess that Mac is Saitama-adjacent.

This last post looks not-great out of context. In context, in the mindset and theory-building mode that sig is in, I can see it happening. Partly because I made a post that was almost exactly the same:
speedchuck wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 11:44 am
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 11:41 am His knowledge of the nightkill is “I think the mafia shot Mac and he’s the bulletproof guy in the Master mafia.”

So if we’re to read “I think” as “I know” then the chances of Mac also being scum skyrockets.
But there's only one part of that he CAN know, right? Surely there are town roles that can stop a kill?

But nobody would have protected Mac. Oh. Lol.

Yeah I could lynch Mac first. [VOTE: Mac] aubergine
I can, in fact, see a world where Sig is town. That's not a read. I'm only saying the slip is not a 100% slam dunk. I scumread sig for other reasons, as stated earlier in the thread.

I think this is important to be said. You might think me wrong, but I think in the mental space sig was in, his post could make sense. It depends on how deep in the theory tunnel (the CORRECT theory tunnel) he was.
Or he's scum and believed that most people would interpret his infodump in the way I just have. He's sitting at his desk screaming 'I set up a logical progression for a town mindset, you idiots! Don't lynch me for that!'

I see you sig. I see these posts, and follow your mindset. I still will probably vote you tomorrow. Cheers. :beer:
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

speedchuck wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 11:06 pm
nutella wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 11:03 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 10:59 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 10:58 pm
speedchuck wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 10:47 pm Hey guys just wanna catch up here a bitty bit.

Mac is still a person who could survive a nightkill but isn't who sig 'slipped' him to be? Or even on the same team?

How would we parse that? My sig suspicion remains independent of the 'slip', but it's a lot weaker without it.
This is actually a terrible look for Speed.
Like just as I’d expect Mac’s team to not want to lynch Sig, then Mac, I’d expect Sig’s team to not want to lynch Mac then Sig.

Speed has now made two posts about Sig not being mafia after Mac’s flip.
Ah hmmm indeed yes quite
I have made zero posts about that subject.
Now I have made a post on the subject. Come at me [mention]Jackofhearts2005[/mention]
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

[mention]speedchuck[/mention] I think we have to consider all possibilities, as you point out. I had my own reason for seeing that the "slip/TMI" is not necessarily a slam dunk, you provide another. I do want to understand why sig switched from Mac to Jack though, I'm having trouble finding a reason for that, and then as you say there are other reasons for scum reading sig to be explored. I'm trying to be sure I look at this from all sides before voting again.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
TonyStarkPrime
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 464
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Michelle wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 9:18 am I think is not a crime I colored Dizzy green :biggrin:
Sig and Dizzy are not on the same team, so if Sig flips scum that’ll be the end of that.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

speedchuck wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 10:47 pm Hey guys just wanna catch up here a bitty bit.

Mac is still a person who could survive a nightkill but isn't who sig 'slipped' him to be? Or even on the same team?

How would we parse that? My sig suspicion remains independent of the 'slip', but it's a lot weaker without it.
speedchuck wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 10:57 pm
Epignosis wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 10:53 pm
speedchuck wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 10:49 pm
Epignosis wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 10:48 pm

You parse that by lynching Jack.
I completely missed the 'why' there. I know you suspect him, but how does he connect to this? Or is that independent?
Jack is on the sabie / Radises team.

What manner of civilian preemptively calls out anyone who might make cases against other people when "we're supposed to be lynching Mac." He accused anyone who might on Day 4 accuse anyone else as defending Mac.

That's because he's on the other bad team. The one with sabie and Radishes.
And sig is not? :ponder:

Or do you propose Jack and Sig w/w?
The highlighted are the problems I've had with your posts, Speed. These look like "Okay, great. We lynched Mac. Now let's look elsewhere instead of lynching Speed."
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

I have rolled scum three and a half times in my life. I want to do it more it sounds fun.
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 12:28 pm

I completely missed the 'why' there. I know you suspect him, but how does he connect to this? Or is that independent?

What manner of civilian preemptively calls out anyone who might make cases against other people when "we're supposed to be lynching Mac." He accused anyone who might on Day 4 accuse anyone else as defending Mac.

The highlighted are the problems I've had with your posts, Speed. These look like "Okay, great. We lynched Mac. Now let's look elsewhere instead of lynching Speed."
You mean Sig?
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Sig, Speed. Whatever. I get the Antimonitor players confused.
sprityo
The Turncoat
Posts in topic: 131
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by sprityo »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 10:03 am Anyway, Sig doesn't get away.

Even if you assume Sig is Lassie -> he role copped Mac -> he made the leap that Mac was a bulletproof wolf
instead of the more logical Sig knew the mafia shot Mac and nothing happened -> the town wouldn't protect Mac -> Mac was a bulletproof wolf

then you still have all the stuff Dizzy pointed out about his interactions with Sabie and Radishes.

Plus, Lassie is an alignment cop, not a role cop. She can find a wolf, not a bulletproof player.
the second line of reasoning does sound more plausible

also dont forget lassie is also the psuedo-doctor
Epignosis wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 11:46 pm You all are terrible at this.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Doctors aren’t great when you know who’s being Doctored.

“Jackofhearts fell into a well!”
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

I betcha it’s an rb falling into a well seems serious
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 12:40 pm Doctors aren’t great when you know who’s being Doctored.

“Jackofhearts fell into a well!”
Seems to be working great to me. XD
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 12:28 pm

The highlighted are the problems I've had with your posts, Speed. These look like "Okay, great. We lynched Mac. Now let's look elsewhere instead of lynching sig."
One of those posts is based on a misunderstanding of Sloonei/Juliets, and me trying to clear it up. The other is me trying to get Epi to clarify whether he's completely ignoring sig. Given the context of that second post, I'm actually bringing Sig back into a conversation where Epi seemed to be ignoring him.

Doing the opposite of what you said.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Occam's razor still shaves sig's beard.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
tedxtr
:wiz:
Posts in topic: 364
Location: some place where people retire from normals (maybe)
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by tedxtr »

Reminder to self to never read Mac off meta
ImageImageImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

I'm off to the gym, will return later.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 331
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

Why would sig say anything if he's bad. Makes more sense that he'd share his theory if he was alone civ
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

I need to survive so I can post CoIE screenshots after we lynch Sig.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Re: Champions 2019 - Crisis on The Syndicate [Day 1]

Turnip Head wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 12:52 am
MacDougall wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 1:45 am
Dom wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 1:17 am Mac, I once again am asking you to clarify why you wanted someone you claim is baddie (me) to corroborate a piece of evidence for you.
Because there are two scum teams
Mac is town, this quote is exhibit A
Turnip Head wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 1:18 am
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 1:10 am
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 1:05 am Cause town has perverse incentive to cooperate with scum that have good SRs on the opposite team, so you see mac as doing that and think it’s a townie mindset

Would be my guess anyways
I really really really really dislike his flip flop on how he read me and Nutella. He declared me a wolf and Nutella one we should follow after the two of us started battling. Then like 12 hours later, I was town and Nutella was scum because I read her perfectly.

His argument for Nutella being scum exists in its entirety at the time he expressed a strong townread on her. His read change does not come from a town perspective. It comes from a scum perspective mimicking townplay, ie trusting Jack's Nutella read.
Why would baddie Mac express a strong townread on nutella and then flip flop just as soon? Why would a bad guy do that? It's a townie maneuever, just like your exact opposite flip flop was (I assume) townie.
Turnip Head wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 3:15 pm
Dom wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 2:20 pm
Turnip Head wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 11:54 am [VOTE: Jackofhearts2005] aubergine I don't like his unwavering suspicion of Mac and I especially don't like his reasoning re: Mac's changing opinion of Nutella
Why does that make him bad?
It's a summary of specific events that led to my read, feel free to connect your own dots
Turnip Head wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 7:49 am For real though Mac is clearly town and anyone who can't see that is not trying hard enough
Turnip Head wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 8:18 am The case on Mac is top notch cringe mainly driven by Sig's woman scorned persona
Turnip Head wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 7:08 pm
sig wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 6:51 pm @Turnip Head
I see you why not switch to Mac?

Tell me why your voting me vs him?
Mac is town and you're maybe town. The thread seems convinced that you're both bad, if I had my way we'd be lynching Ted or pressuring jack
I don't trust your instincts, TH.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 331
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

Fair enough lol
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

Turnip Head wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 1:08 pm Why would sig say anything if he's bad. Makes more sense that he'd share his theory if he was alone civ
That’s actually something I was thinking about. I was thinking that it was enough for him to call mac out on silencing him because x reasons and just take credit by killing him in the night as a wolf, he wouldn’t really need to out himself like that

But then I thought it’s also a bad argument because actually pushing it gives you more credit anyway, so I didn’t want to read into that. Him having the notion of Mac wolf as a wolf!sig himself, he’d be easily susceptible to slipping in order to lynch mac, thinking it will absolve him of how he scum read him.

I still think tons of people on sig don’t have their place there though. Mainly Juliets who’s failed to give some form of rebuttal for why she was pushing him based on that case.

She asked me something silly like “are you suggesting sig had some TMI as a town role” or something which were exactly my words in the post. Her pushing sig relentlessly over that slip thing seems weird.

She kind of angled it towards “I’ve also read your ISO and I don’t like it” but *i don’t remember* any form of poking at him or pushing.
ImageImageImageImage
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

There’s just something illogical that doesn’t sit right with me. If there’s the slightest chance sig is a town, why are you voting for him instead of basically outed wolf Mac no matter sig’s alignment? If it’s so clear to you that he TMI’d Mac, why wouldn’t you ask yourself “is this a wolf tming or a town tming” and vote for him instead of Mac?

:shrug:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 729

Post by Sloonei »

Why are we still talking about this instead of sig’s handling of radishes/sabie?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Re: Champions 2019 - Crisis on The Syndicate [Day 3]

Post by Sloonei »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 9:25 am
ColinIsCool wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 9:07 am
Sloonei wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:34 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:30 pm
MacDougall wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:28 pm The absolute scenes when Mac/Sig join forces against the real enemy.
Fun!

@all

Let's have a trustfall exclusively for Jack. Do more people if you want, but I'm asking about Jack. What's the best argument that he is a civilian?
That emotional outburst of his at the beginning of the game.

I have wavered on it some as evidence has linked him to radishes/sabie. The emotion could have been a result of having a genuine suspicion as scum in a multiball game, but being suspected for it anyway.
I am almost positive Jack had a similar emotional outburst (against Glorfindel?) in a game where he turned out to be scum. Almost positive, maybe somebody else remembers? So I don’t think it points to him as town at all.
Yeah, that was a thing. Glor grinds my gears. He does not play the game in my personal concept of the spirit of the game and in particular, his play lead to him imo unfairly escaping lynch and my teammate LC unfairly being lynched in his place.

So you can pull that into two bits. I am capable of exhibiting emotional outbursts as scum. I had an emotional outburst when something bad happened to my wolf team.

Inform year read with that.
The result you showed on Day 1 was a result of people not believing your case. It’s the kind of subtle thing that can give me a comfortable town read on any player. That said, I’m not giving it as much weight as I did earlier. I think it’s still possible for mafia jack to hVd had that reaction in this game.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Sloonei wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 1:39 pm Why are we still talking about this instead of sig’s handling of radishes/sabie?
What about the droid attack on the Wookie(e)s?
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 2:02 pm
Sloonei wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 1:39 pm Why are we still talking about this instead of sig’s handling of radishes/sabie?
What about the droid attack on the Wookie(e)s?
Are you bad again?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

my methods of hunting put me two scum on a plate

and i think i have a really good point on juliets so i want people to hop in.
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

tedxtr wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 2:12 pm
my methods of hunting put me two scum on a plate

and i think i have a really good point on juliets so i want people to hop in.
I was talking about people talking about sig’s slip.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”