[END] Harry Potter Mafia

Moderator: Community Team

Golf
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 113

Re: [DAY 6] Harry Potter Mafia

Post by Golf »

EBWOP, or for needing a replacement, not BEING one, in the reply to Anna K section. Also, in this game with the vote/PM missing punishments, the last thing baddies would want is easily lynched low fliers taking up space on their team. If I was to look to low posters.
Fractal
sprityo
Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 175

Post by Jack Shephard »

Merga Bien wrote: Having played many games, and hosted a few myself, when I replace people I replace them in order of request. The exception would be if a person needing a replacement found one them self, or if their team found one for them. I am not going to vote for someone for a day one vote, and for being a replacement. I am voting for Alizon, most likely. If voting records is what compels you, she missed the first 2 (she also replaced in yes?) then voted for Krystyna, then for me for the stupefying reason of wanting to read Krystynas posts, than for Maret for her misuse of the maths, and for asking a question Malin thought was dumb.

Another reason I am not in love with low poster voting in THIS game is that I know the punishment they receive for having missed votes, having replaced the very quiet Merga I, and lets just say it makes them an easy lynch. And when you are a baddie, any lynch not your team is a good lynch.

No need for me to vote this early, but a vote for Alizon is my intention at this stage.
Katharina Henot voted you Day 5 accidentally when she meant to vote for Mary (three spaces down). Is that not equally stupefying? Please think about that before condemning me.
Golf
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Golf »

Had the lynch been switched to me, or a bandwagon formed around that vote, yes.

Otherwise, no.
Fractal
sprityo
Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Jack Shephard »

Merga Bien wrote:Had the lynch been switched to me, or a bandwagon formed around that vote, yes.

Otherwise, no.
There was no bandwagon or switch to you when I voted either. All I can ask you to do is think about it.
Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Jack Shephard »

Märet Jonsdotter wrote:Alizon, what do you think of the result of Day 5 and Night 5?
Day 5 result: Hooray.

Night 5 result: Bummer.
Paul Stevens
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 30

Post by Paul Stevens »

I have to vote now or risk missing another vote.
vote Alizon

Her responses to me and others do not make me feel warm or fuzzy. her stance on low posters vs thread suspicion (the hows that working for you response) and the gamblers fallacy is what put it ott for me.
Paul Stevens
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 30

Post by Paul Stevens »

anne koldings vote for brita is quite the ping for me too fyi
Spooky Ghost
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 180

Post by Spooky Ghost »

Anne, why are you voting so early???
Alizon, who do you think we should look at if not you?
Spooky Ghost
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Spooky Ghost »

TBH, I would be suspecting you a whole lot less if you hadn't snapped at me and voted for me for pretty much no reason at all, and no reason given.
Phoebe Buffay
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 82

Post by Phoebe Buffay »

Rest in peace Jennet and Entjen. And goodbye again Agnes :(
Merga Bien wrote:Another reason I am not in love with low poster voting in THIS game is that I know the punishment they receive for having missed votes, having replaced the very quiet Merga I, and lets just say it makes them an easy lynch. And when you are a baddie, any lynch not your team is a good lynch.
Interesting. Are you allowed to talk about the penalty for missing a vote? Have you seen hints of it in things done by Merga I and other players? And have you seen anyone who might have been trying to make an easy lynch out of that behavior?

Also, low posters are different than nonvoters IMO. There are some people who are playing the bare minimum, like Karin and Sarah Good, coming in to post and vote at least once each day. Then there are others like Brita Zippel and Rebecca Nurse who have inexplicably disappeared after being active players in the first few days. No posts. No votes.

I find the low posters more suspicious than the players who don't even seem to be playing currently. It is possible that the latter are trying to get replaced.

Welcome, Anna Koldings! What makes you think civs need priority over mafia for replacement players? You say it might be because of the numbers. But it's likely there are only three (maybe 4) evil witches left, unless you are still wary of the professors. We have been pretty lucky against the Death eaters kills so far although last night was a little brutal. But I don't think we need to be too concerned about the numbers just yet. We should still have a strong civ majority at this point.

I was planning on doing a kinky style type post going over the events of the Margaret Pearson lynched but the laptop is out of commission and phones are hard to make links. But in that lynch, Malin swooped in toward the end of the lynch and started posting short snippets of suspicions in regards to the low posters. She posted one about Margaret Pearson. She posted one about Alice Nutter that accused Nutter of being sloppy and defensive and dismissive. Nutter responded to her post by dismissing it defensively, saying her head wasn't in the game and that maybe Malin's team should kill her. Then Nutter voted for Margaret without saying which, if any, points on Margaret she agreed with. She did not give an explanation to go with her vote. Then Malin responded to Nutter by following Nutter's vote on Margaret Pearson. It was an odd back-and-forth. And I am not sure which behavior is more suspect there, Malin's or Nutter's.

Malin and Alizon going after low posters and then after Maret seems odd as well but I think civs often change their thoughtstream more spontaneously than the mafia does. Alizon compared Mary's behavior with Bridget's and cited that as a reason to not vote for her. I don't recall Malin mentioning Mary but I have not yet gone back to confirm this.

And now I must stop because it took me like an hour to type that all out on my phone. :wall:
Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Jack Shephard »

Maret, let me just say that I had what I believed to be good reasons for voting you (and apparently at least one other person agreed). If you think my reasons are poor, fine, but don't say I had no reasons.
Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Jack Shephard »

Anyway, let me lay out some analysis now, because it's become clear that early voters are running the lynches because a number of people just show up and vote the horsie that's in the lead and I think the baddies are aware of this.

I'm looking at people who took 3 or more votes in this.

These are people who were either lynched civvie or survived / succumbed to a Death Eater kill.
Lucius Malfoy

I'll comment in a little while.

Mary Eastey
Krystyna Ceynowa (4), Sarah Good (12), Katharina Henot (23)
13%

Entjen Gillis
Margaret Pearson (5), Agnes Sampson (17), Jennet Bierley (21)
13%

Agnes Sampson
Rebecca Nurse (7), Mary Eastey (8), Brita Zippel (15), Bridget Bishop (16), Entjen Gillis (22)
22%

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now day 2, the Briget pileup~

Bridget Bishop
Malin Matsdotter (5), Krystyna Ceynowa (7), Märet Jonsdotter (8), Brita Zippel (9), Margarethe Reinberg (10), Alice Nutter (11), Barbara Kollerin (12), Kael Merrie (13), Mary Eastey (16), DharmaHelper (18)
45%

Krystyna Ceynowa
Anne Redferne (14), Karin Svensdotter (15), Jane Southworth (20), Jennet Bierley (22)
18%

Sarah Good
Katharina Henot (17), Sarah Good (19), Vompatti (21)
14%

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Day 3~

Krystyna Ceynowa
Märet Jonsdotter (2), Entjen Gillis (6), Sarah Good (10), Alizon Device (11), Jane Southworth (17), Karin Svensdotter (21)
27%

Entjen Gillis
Anne Redferne (5), Malin Matsdotter (9), Mary Eastey (12), Krystyna Ceynowa (13), Margarethe Reinberg (14), Rebecca Nurse (16), Jennet Bierley (19), Kael Merrie (22)
36%

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Day 4~

Margaret Pearson
Malin Matsdotter (5), Alice Nutter (6), Margarethe Reinberg (7), Entjen Gillis (10), Anna Koldings (11), Margaret Pearson (12)
38%

Karin Svensdotter
Katharina Henot (9), Jane Southworth (15), Mary Eastey (16)
19%

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now 5~

Mary Eastey
Jennet Bierley (3), Anne Redferne (7), Barbara Kollerin (8), Merga Bien (9), Märet Jonsdotter (10), Entjen Gillis (11), Karin Svensdotter (12), Alice Nutter (13), Jane Southworth (14), Margarethe Reinberg (16), Agnes Sampson (18), Sarah Good (19)
63%

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Larry David
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 53

Post by Larry David »

Alizon, I'm not understanding the analysis you have presented. I have a tendency to be dense so I'm not saying you didn't explain it well I just can't quite grasp the point you are making. I thought you were saying we need to look at the first people who voted in the civ lynches but then the list of names and days seems to indicate something else. Could you just provide a little more explanation for me? Thanks.
Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Jack Shephard »

Margarethe Reinberg wrote:Alizon, I'm not understanding the analysis you have presented. I have a tendency to be dense so I'm not saying you didn't explain it well I just can't quite grasp the point you are making. I thought you were saying we need to look at the first people who voted in the civ lynches but then the list of names and days seems to indicate something else. Could you just provide a little more explanation for me? Thanks.
I haven't explained or analyzed anything yet lol. I said I'll comment in a little while. I'm working on it~ just wanted to get that posted so I (and other people) could look at it.
Larry David
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Larry David »

Oh! I thought when you said "i'll comment in a little while" you were talking about Lucious. Sorry, I completely misread that. I look forward to your analysis.
Golf
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Golf »

I think she's trying to cast suspicion on early voters?
Fractal
sprityo
Snapshot
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 73

Re: [NIGHT 5] Harry Potter Mafia

Post by Snapshot »

Lizzy wrote:
Jennet Bierley has been killed by Voldemort and the Death Eaters.

Entjen Gillis has been killed by Vincent Crabbe.

Agnes Sampson has been summoned back to Tartarus.

It is now Day 6. You have 48 hours to lynch someone.
heh
Reporting
Golf
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Golf »

Alizon Device wrote:
Merga Bien wrote:Had the lynch been switched to me, or a bandwagon formed around that vote, yes.

Otherwise, no.
There was no bandwagon or switch to you when I voted either. All I can ask you to do is think about it.
i have thought about it. All day long. All i can think is that you are implying there was a vote force? If so, Merga I was a low poster, why would you have to make up an excuse, you think voting low posters is awesome, right?

An accidental vote is one thing, but your reason for voting for me was the single baddiest voting reason I have ever heard, ever, not counting outed baddies trying to "bwa ha ha" it up on their way out.

Your analysis showing where mary voted in relation to the civ voters is interesting, but Mary is one person. And Mary was rather an unusual gal as well. I don't think Mary has made a blendy baddie following vote in her life.

I am curious to see who you attempt to crucify with this. But I am sure enough that you are bad that I am going to vote now.
Fractal
sprityo
Spooky Ghost
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Spooky Ghost »

So, Alizon, who is the alternative to you? Who do you think is bad?
Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Jack Shephard »

Märet Jonsdotter wrote:So, Alizon, who is the alternative to you? Who do you think is bad?
I said Im' working on it. :(

Don't we have like another whole 24 hours to vote?
Spooky Ghost
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Spooky Ghost »

Alizon Device wrote:
Märet Jonsdotter wrote:So, Alizon, who is the alternative to you? Who do you think is bad?
I said Im' working on it. :(

Don't we have like another whole 24 hours to vote?
24 hours, yes.
But there's been very little discussion...
Spooky Ghost
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Spooky Ghost »

Jane Southworth wrote:I was planning on doing a kinky style type post going over the events of the Margaret Pearson lynched but the laptop is out of commission and phones are hard to make links. But in that lynch, Malin swooped in toward the end of the lynch and started posting short snippets of suspicions in regards to the low posters. She posted one about Margaret Pearson. She posted one about Alice Nutter that accused Nutter of being sloppy and defensive and dismissive. Nutter responded to her post by dismissing it defensively, saying her head wasn't in the game and that maybe Malin's team should kill her. Then Nutter voted for Margaret without saying which, if any, points on Margaret she agreed with. She did not give an explanation to go with her vote. Then Malin responded to Nutter by following Nutter's vote on Margaret Pearson. It was an odd back-and-forth. And I am not sure which behavior is more suspect there, Malin's or Nutter's.
Well, Nutter has been targeted by the baddies, has she not?
Golf
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Golf »

Well, if you did have to vote right now, who would you vote for? Maret again? Or someone else?

I like reading your posts, you almost seem like two different people at times. It's somewhat enigmatic, which interests me :)
Fractal
sprityo
Golf
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Golf »

That was at Alizon, by the way.
Fractal
sprityo
Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Jack Shephard »

I'm going to try and give my thoughts about everyone since I have some time and I'm tired of studying. Well, studying school stuff anyway. I guess this is still studying. :p

I'll try to do this in order. Also, I want to point out that voting low posters was not a new idea that came with me. Some others have advocated it (in their own way) far before me.

Merga Bien~

Sounds good to me, if only somewhat bewildered. Supported a Mary lynch early day 4. Linki~ You don't even hear me out. :( But I'm willing to think you're really really bewildered! :consoling:

Sarah Good~

I've been thinking Sarah Good was bad because of posting content and a few others seemed to think so (Margaret and maybe Agnes implied it), but Sarah voted Mary 2nd on Day 1. That could have been brave (or foolish) distancing, but I'm not sure.

Katharina Henot~

Survived a kill.

Märet Jonsdotter~

Mixed feelings. Helped lynch Briget and started the lynch on Krystyna, but I participated in the Krys lynch, so I can't judge. However, voted 5th for Mary. I don't like Maret's way of going about things (as I'm sure Maret doesn't care for mine) and telling me I voted for no reason (not true), but I'll just leave it at that.

Anna Koldings~

Anna voted Margaret Pearson and now an early vote for Zipple (lol Dr. Evil). You can see what I think of Zipple below. Knowing that early votes can lead to pileups because of people hardly participating in discussion, this may be it's own "red flag." I don't agree with the thinking that civvie replacements are a priority over the baddie replacements. However, I don't judge people for weird / early votes. Leaning civ.

Barbara Kollerin~

Been on my radar for a while for tagging along with Jennet's posts even when Jennet said the opposite. But Barbara voted Mary third. So I have to reconsider my suspicion.

Malin Matsdotter~

Malin initiated the lynch on Bridget Bishop (civvie) AND Margaret Peason (civvie). For someone who knew what the gambler's fallacy was, Malin seemed to vote for people for really weak reasons. I did not read Bridget Bishop as having knowledge of Voldemort's secrets, and other people shared that interpretation of Brig's posts. It seemed purposefully obtuse. This doesn't sound genuine to me. Considering Mary Eastey's antics, no one listening to Malin might actually be true. The Margaret lynch didn't make much sense to me, but Malin implied it was obvious. Finally, it could be interpreted that Malin tried to save Mary (again) by jumping on my suspicion of Maret.

Kael Merrie~

Bad voteing record and likely someone in need of replacement. No idea.

Rebecca Nurse~

Dropped off the map night 3. Voted for Agnes first. Had a lot of banter with her sister. Not much to go on.

Alice Nutter~

Unhelpful, but survived a NK.

Anne Redferne~

Voted Mary 2nd.

Margarethe Reinberg~

Voted Krys day 1(civ), voted Bridget day 2 (civ), voted Entjen* day 3, voted Margaret day 4 (civ), voted Mary when Mary was a goner.

This is the worst voting record. But I think there's more!

On day 4. decided to not vote Ent after doing so on day 3. Instead went for Margaret P.
Margarethe Reinberg wrote:I'm also not going to vote for Entjen today. It's one thing to vote for someone you think is a baddie when they are silenced/insanified when there is overwhelming evidence of their baddiness but I don't think thats the case here. I would want Entjen to have an opportunity to respond to her accusers so I won't vote for her while she's insanifed today.

I'm going to take another look at what the case is against Barbara. There is a possibility I could vote for her today but I want to see a good case before I do so.

This may be a vote where I throw a vote to a non/low/OT poster to let them know I'm paying attention to them. There are some people I cant remember hearing one thing from.
Why couldn't Reinberg make her own case against Barbara? Why wait until someone else present a case before she votes?

Another generic low voter comment.
Margarethe Reinberg wrote:I was going to vote Kael Merrie because I couldn't remember one single thing she has said. I looked up her posts and understand why - she hasn't really said anything. She has voted but not given any reasons for her votes. I could see potentially voting Margaret Pearson - I'll hold until I see what the rest of the people who are voting low posters want to do. Please, if you are thinking about a low poster mention who it is and why.
Low poster proposal, but then decided to vote Margaret, another low poster. If you want to think ill of me for considering low posters, start here.
Margarethe Reinberg wrote:Wow where is everyone? I'm going to go ahead and vote Margaret. She's a low poster, she hasn't posted since Wednesday, and that stuff about Sarah Good was just weird, especially since we can't info dump.
This is someone I'm considering voting for.

Jane Southworth~

I've felt pretty good about Jane, but Jane thinks Alice Nutter is bad when she survived a NK. Jane voted for Krys twice in a row, and Karin (who I think is good). Another late vote for doomed Mary. So possibly bad.

Karin Svensdotter~

Lazy, follows bandwagons, and unhelpful. My kind of player. But Mary Eastey voted her day 4. Karin missed 2 votes. Going to say good.

Anne Whittle~

Voted for me and I'm civvie, but I can't say I blame her. I don't like that she voted me this early, but oh well. Nothing to be done about it now.

Brita Zippel~

Voted in two lynches, both civvies, and wasn't heard from again until night 5. Voted but didn't post. So :shrug:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*Something I noticed about Entjen Gillis~ Ent had three civs vote against on day 1, and participated in the Agnes and Krys lynch and was killed by a presumably civ role. Sure that looks bad. But Mary voted Ent on d3, and earlier on when Krys (civ) had four votes already. I'm thinking Ent was good.
Golf
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Golf »

I think you are wrong about Entjen. And Mary voting for someone does not make them good. Some people love hard distancing.

Everything you have said has screamed baddie to me.
Fractal
sprityo
Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Jack Shephard »

Anyway, I'm burned out now and need to figure out whats for supper. I'll probably be back later.

Linki~ But I'm not. So lynch me and find out.
Golf
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Golf »

I hope to.
Fractal
sprityo
Larry David
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Larry David »

I think this is understandable, my answers are in blue:
Alizon Device wrote:I'm going to try and give my thoughts about everyone since I have some time and I'm tired of studying. Well, studying school stuff anyway. I guess this is still studying. :p

Margarethe Reinberg~

Voted Krys day 1(civ), voted Bridget day 2 (civ), voted Entjen* day 3, voted Margaret day 4 (civ), voted Mary when Mary was a goner.

This is the worst voting record. But I think there's more!

On day 4. decided to not vote Ent after doing so on day 3. Instead went for Margaret P.
Margarethe Reinberg wrote:I'm also not going to vote for Entjen today. It's one thing to vote for someone you think is a baddie when they are silenced/insanified when there is overwhelming evidence of their baddiness but I don't think thats the case here. I would want Entjen to have an opportunity to respond to her accusers so I won't vote for her while she's insanifed today.

I'm going to take another look at what the case is against Barbara. There is a possibility I could vote for her today but I want to see a good case before I do so.

This may be a vote where I throw a vote to a non/low/OT poster to let them know I'm paying attention to them. There are some people I cant remember hearing one thing from.
Why couldn't Reinberg make her own case against Barbara? Why wait until someone else present a case before she votes?

I already knew people had been saying things about Barbara. I wasn't out to make a case on her. I wanted to see a case from anyone who thought she was bad.

Another generic low voter comment.

My comment was just indicating I might vote low poster. I'm not sure why you see fault with that - I just tend to discuss where I'm looking as I go.
Margarethe Reinberg wrote:I was going to vote Kael Merrie because I couldn't remember one single thing she has said. I looked up her posts and understand why - she hasn't really said anything. She has voted but not given any reasons for her votes. I could see potentially voting Margaret Pearson - I'll hold until I see what the rest of the people who are voting low posters want to do. Please, if you are thinking about a low poster mention who it is and why.
Alizon Device wrote:Low poster proposal, but then decided to vote Margaret, another low poster. If you want to think ill of me for considering low posters, start here.
What are you saying here? Above I said I would consider a low poster. Here I ruled out voting Kael Merrie because there was nothing else besides her low posting that caught my eye. I later voted Margaret.

Margarethe Reinberg wrote:Wow where is everyone? I'm going to go ahead and vote Margaret. She's a low poster, she hasn't posted since Wednesday, and that stuff about Sarah Good was just weird, especially since we can't info dump.
Alizon Device wrote:This is someone I'm considering voting for.
So I see you underlined my reason for voting Margaret. What is your point about my reasons? It also shows you why I voted Margaret instead of Kael - I had more suspicion about voting MargaretAlso, below is my explanation for voting Margaret after the fact.
Margarethe Reinberg wrote:I understand you are just trying to understand Merga. The little owls statement just pinged me more than the others and added to the low poster and hadn't been here in days it added up to my vote. I didn't want to just randomly vote among the low posters so I went with someone who was a low poster and pinged me for another reason. It's early in the game, and that's really all there was to my vote.
Also, somewhere in here you make reference to my late vote for Mary. As I said in the thread:
Margarethe Reinberg wrote:I would like to hear what Agnes has to say before voting but since Mary has chosen not to defend herself and just talk in other languages I just don't know if what Agnes has to say would change my mind today. I'll wait a bit though before voting - there is plenty of time.
Perhaps you missed that statement when you were looking at that issue.

Anyway, if you wish to vote for me that is certainly your prerogative though as you probably know, I will flip civ.
Phoebe Buffay
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 82

Post by Phoebe Buffay »

I forgot that Nutter survived an Nk. That moves her down a few notches in my suspicions and bumps Malin up a few. It seemed that Malin had more reason to vote for Nutter but ended up tagging along on Nutter's vote for Margaret P instead. And when I mentioned that I didn't see the case on Margaret, Malin made a face at me instead of explaining the case to me. Malin seems just as dismissive as she accused Nutter of being.

Alizon, why do you think Karin is good? Is there something specific you can point to that makes you think so? Especially when you say regarding other low posters that there isn't enough to go on, I'm not sure why you're so quick to defend her gameplay. She is the low poster I am most suspicious of.

I had been feeling okay about Margarethe Reinberg so far. Civs have bad voting records just as much as scum do at this stage. Margie R has read as genuine to me.

Reinberg, why do you say you think Alizon knows you will flip civ? Are you suspicious of Alizon?
Spooky Ghost
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Spooky Ghost »

Alizon, if it came between Reinberg and Malin, who would you vote for?
Golf
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Golf »

I doubt she would vote for Malin. I think that is a bit of hard distancing, tbh.
Fractal
sprityo
Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Jack Shephard »

Merga Bien wrote:I doubt she would vote for Malin. I think that is a bit of hard distancing, tbh.
Thank you for answering for me, but you've already voted, so kindly piss off. :)
Golf
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Golf »

EBWOP, although it would be OK if she did, since Malin is the other person I think is most likely to be bad.

Linki @Alizon; I was not answering for you, I was giving my opinion, which is part of mafia, whether or not I have voted :)

So I won't be pissing off anytime soon :lorab: But thanks for asking!
Fractal
sprityo
Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Jack Shephard »

Märet Jonsdotter wrote:Alizon, if it came between Reinberg and Malin, who would you vote for?
This is partly what makes me uneasy about you. You keep directing your questions at me. Your complaint was there's been little discussion, but you keep coming at me.

Between the two of them, I'm comfortable with either. I have no teammates. I suspect both.

However, I'm troubled by this by Reinberg:

"Anyway, if you wish to vote for me that is certainly your prerogative though as you probably know, I will flip civ."

I have no such knowledge.
Spooky Ghost
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Spooky Ghost »

Alizon Device wrote:
Märet Jonsdotter wrote:Alizon, if it came between Reinberg and Malin, who would you vote for?
This is partly what makes me uneasy about you. You keep directing your questions at me. Your complaint was there's been little discussion, but you keep coming at me.

Between the two of them, I'm comfortable with either. I have no teammates. I suspect both.

"Anyway, if you wish to vote for me that is certainly your prerogative though as you probably know, I will flip civ."

That was a round about way of saying Reidberg...

Anyway, I am asking you, in particular, questions because I am thinking that I'll be voting you. I think you brought up an excellent point on Malin--specifically how she jumped on your vote for me.
Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Jack Shephard »

Märet Jonsdotter wrote:
Alizon Device wrote:

That was a round about way of saying Reidberg...

Anyway, I am asking you, in particular, questions because I am thinking that I'll be voting you. I think you brought up an excellent point on Malin--specifically how she jumped on your vote for me.
It was an honest answer. No round about anything.

I am willing to lynch Malin. But I like to hear what people have to say. I heard the other, so it's only fair that I hear the other, right?
Spooky Ghost
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Spooky Ghost »

Malin Matsdotter wrote:Sorry I haven't been around ma witches. I will catch up tomorrow.
this was Maln's last post... it was yesterday.

Do you think she's coming back soon?
Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Jack Shephard »

Märet Jonsdotter wrote:
Malin Matsdotter wrote:Sorry I haven't been around ma witches. I will catch up tomorrow.
this was Maln's last post... it was yesterday.

Do you think she's coming back soon?
Yes.
Celeste
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 120

Post by Celeste »

Alizon Device wrote:However, I'm troubled by this by Reinberg:

i think that comment by reinberg was a clever joke meant to imply that they think you are bad

linkitis: how?
Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Jack Shephard »

Anne Redferne wrote:

i think that comment by reinberg was a clever joke meant to imply that they think you are bad

Many people will "think" I am bad. Watch the votes that will pour in upon me if I take 4 or 5.

Okay, for what it's worth, I know who most of the sockpuppet people are. I know their hangups tells bluffs and bold maneuvers.

Sorry. Obvious people are obvious.
Celeste
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Celeste »

oohh so you think malin is a person you know the schedule of?
Spooky Ghost
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Spooky Ghost »

Alizon Device wrote:
Anne Redferne wrote:

Many people will "think" I am bad. Watch the votes that will pour in upon me if I take 4 or 5.

Okay, for what it's worth, I know who most of the sockpuppet people are. I know their hangups tells bluffs and bold maneuvers.

Sorry. Obvious people are obvious.
Cool.
Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Jack Shephard »

Anne Redferne wrote:oohh so you think malin is a person you know the schedule of?
Didn't say that, no.
Celeste
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Celeste »

then how would you know she'll return :?
Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Jack Shephard »

Anne Redferne wrote:then how would you know she'll return :?
I don't know that the person would return. But I think the the person would come back to talk.
Golf
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Golf »

She left a message in the chat room?

But seriously, Alizon, I think Malin will be back because I think Malin never left, I think Malin is lying low. Like you, I feel that sometimes obvious people are obvious, even when they try to add faux tells to their posts.
Jane Southworth wrote:Rest in peace Jennet and Entjen. And goodbye again Agnes :(
Merga Bien wrote:Another reason I am not in love with low poster voting in THIS game is that I know the punishment they receive for having missed votes, having replaced the very quiet Merga I, and lets just say it makes them an easy lynch. And when you are a baddie, any lynch not your team is a good lynch.
Interesting. Are you allowed to talk about the penalty for missing a vote? Have you seen hints of it in things done by Merga I and other players? And have you seen anyone who might have been trying to make an easy lynch out of that behavior?

Also, low posters are different than nonvoters IMO. There are some people who are playing the bare minimum, like Karin and Sarah Good, coming in to post and vote at least once each day. Then there are others like Brita Zippel and Rebecca Nurse who have inexplicably disappeared after being active players in the first few days. No posts. No votes.
I asked, and have not received an answer, so at this point, you will have read between the lines of what I posted above; there aren't many lines and the space between them is large. I presume I will have an answer by the AM (even if it is just a :shrug: , and I am for bed now. In the meantime, I believe Alizon I missed a few votes, too, before being replaced. Perhaps she is braver than I about disclosing these things to the thread.
Fractal
sprityo
Spooky Ghost
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Spooky Ghost »

Alizon Device wrote:
Anne Redferne wrote:then how would you know she'll return :?
I don't know that the person would return. But I think the the person would come back to talk.
You don't think Malin is purposefully avoiding this discussion?
Celeste
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Celeste »

The lynch closes early for me tomorrow, i think i'm going to go with alizon, i've been watching her since the case last night and each successive post by her has led me to agree with it more and more, and her whole "i'm going to take a look at everybody" thing reminds me of a gambit that's made by baddies a lot, the whole "hey if they were a baddie why would they make a list including everyone since that would force them to write about their teammates and could cause problems if they're lynched" gambit thing.
Larry David
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Larry David »

Alizon Device wrote:

Alizon, I meant that you struck me as bad and as a baddie you would know who isn't.
Jane Southworth wrote:I forgot that Nutter survived an Nk. That moves her down a few notches in my suspicions and bumps Malin up a few. It seemed that Malin had more reason to vote for Nutter but ended up tagging along on Nutter's vote for Margaret P instead. And when I mentioned that I didn't see the case on Margaret, Malin made a face at me instead of explaining the case to me. Malin seems just as dismissive as she accused Nutter of being.

Alizon, why do you think Karin is good? Is there something specific you can point to that makes you think so? Especially when you say regarding other low posters that there isn't enough to go on, I'm not sure why you're so quick to defend her gameplay. She is the low poster I am most suspicious of.

I had been feeling okay about Margarethe Reinberg so far. Civs have bad voting records just as much as scum do at this stage. Margie R has read as genuine to me.

Reinberg, why do you say you think Alizon knows you will flip civ? Are you suspicious of Alizon?
Jane, Ann Whittle made some statements about Alizon that i thought hit the nail on the head. However, I will tell you that last night I went back over Alizon's posts for the game and I'm not as convinced as I was when I made the statement. I'm very torn. I am trying to work through whether Alizon's level of snark and just plain bad manners (telling people to piss off, calling people lazy, in addition to her previous behavior) is having an undue influence on me. I guess the bottom line is at this point in time, I'm up in the air about her. I'm going to read some other people - for example, I've gotten confused on the 'dotter girls, which one is which and who is saying what. Don't get me wrong, Alizon is not out of the picture for a vote from me, I'm just not as sure as i was when I made that statement last night.

Return to “Previous Jobs”