9%

Total votes: 11
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 752
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Re: Assassin's Creed Mafia (D1)

Post by Sloonei »

Turnip Head wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:19 pm The hell is Epignosis? I thought he was made of free time right now :ponder:
I've given epi a pass so far in here. My game just had a deadline and he was heavily involved there. We've got ~48 hours left here. He'll show up.
My banners:
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ts account
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 342

Post by ts account »

Sloonei wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:21 pm
ts account wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:09 pm It is a good way to powerlynch townies.
Here is the angle from which I see you as town:
You had a standard early Day 1 suspicion of me, and when I refuted it vehemently you responded with negative emotional energy. That negative emotional energy resulted in an "OMGUS", in your own words, which you have been unable to be swayed off of. This is understandable: I'd wager that my approach to the game is atypical based on your experience, and that the way I have handled my read on you reflects what you have perceived elsewhere in the past to be a "power wolf" trying to capitalize on some early momentum to get a vocal civilian lynched.

I did not make a big post detailing this possibility because there's nothing to pursue there. If I want to test my read on you, it is more fruitful to test the negative aspect of it. By positing my reasons for suspecting you, rather than the reasons to town read you, we can all explore the possibility that you have been lying, and also assess whether or not the basis of my suspicion is valid or honest as well. Again, this is how I scumhunt.
That said, I did touch on some of this here.

We have almost certainly gotten off on the wrong foot in this game. I acknowledge that I might be unconventional, but it is not my intention to hammer away at a single player. The volume of my content about you should not be mistaken for me having a confident read on you one way or the other. When I ask questions and when I offer speculations, I am genuinely looking for people to respond to me, especially the person I'm talking to/about. I apologize if I've come off as overly aggressive or hostile. That is not how I intend to play.
There is a difference between presenting behavior as wolfy and presenting behavior and deciding it is wolfy. It would be different if your case on me made sense, but you are forcing negativity when it isn't meet, which I have already highlighted. I do not think this is you scumhunting in good faith.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

ts account wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:31 pm
Sloonei wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:21 pm
ts account wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:09 pm It is a good way to powerlynch townies.
Here is the angle from which I see you as town:
You had a standard early Day 1 suspicion of me, and when I refuted it vehemently you responded with negative emotional energy. That negative emotional energy resulted in an "OMGUS", in your own words, which you have been unable to be swayed off of. This is understandable: I'd wager that my approach to the game is atypical based on your experience, and that the way I have handled my read on you reflects what you have perceived elsewhere in the past to be a "power wolf" trying to capitalize on some early momentum to get a vocal civilian lynched.

I did not make a big post detailing this possibility because there's nothing to pursue there. If I want to test my read on you, it is more fruitful to test the negative aspect of it. By positing my reasons for suspecting you, rather than the reasons to town read you, we can all explore the possibility that you have been lying, and also assess whether or not the basis of my suspicion is valid or honest as well. Again, this is how I scumhunt.
That said, I did touch on some of this here.

We have almost certainly gotten off on the wrong foot in this game. I acknowledge that I might be unconventional, but it is not my intention to hammer away at a single player. The volume of my content about you should not be mistaken for me having a confident read on you one way or the other. When I ask questions and when I offer speculations, I am genuinely looking for people to respond to me, especially the person I'm talking to/about. I apologize if I've come off as overly aggressive or hostile. That is not how I intend to play.
There is a difference between presenting behavior as wolfy and presenting behavior and deciding it is wolfy. It would be different if your case on me made sense, but you are forcing negativity when it isn't meet, which I have already highlighted. I do not think this is you scumhunting in good faith.
okay whatever. this is pointless then. I'm dropping it. Let's talk about other things.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ts account
Corrupt Union Official

Post by ts account »

What is your read on Turnip Head?
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

ts account wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:35 pm What is your read on Turnip Head?
TH isn't a player I read particularly well. His willingness to consider that we are partners is a little bizarre, but I feel like the recent shift to focus on me is more likely to come from a civilian Turnip than a mafia one.
You?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 215
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

tedxtr wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:53 pm I feel like LC is playing scummy on purpose
I don't understand.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 212

Post by MacDougall »

I'm mad ama.
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 215
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

MacDougall wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:26 pm I'm mad ama.
I do understand.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 117
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

MadDougall
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Is drago town or scum?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Is drago town or scum?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Please answer twice.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
TonyStarkPrime
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 339

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Dragomir wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 12:42 pm
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 12:34 pm
ts account wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:15 am
Dragomir wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:09 am I could use the same logic against you. You have only played a fraction of the amount of mafia games that exist so you can't truly know that mechanical talk is widely considered a scumtell. It might have been from the games you've played but not the many others have.

So basically, trying to say that mechanical talk is a scumtell is bullshit. It's not a universal opinion. I want you to explain to me what really makes mechanical talk a bad thing.
There exists somewhere a big imaginary book of mafia. When players are good enough, they get a chance to write a chapter of the book. In some footnotes, you will find clear references to mechanical discussion being a scumtell. I do not know what to tell you beyond this. I am not the one who decides what are and aren't considered scumtells, though I do have a few scumtells of my own that I have not seen other players share.

Generally, scum (moreso bad scum than good scum) will struggle to generate content. This is the closest thing you can get to objective in mafia- sort by postcount will almost always win more games than any individual player's reads, it has been tested. As a result of this, scum (moreso bad scum than good scum) will latch onto low-hanging talking points. In mystery games especially, mechanical discussion is inevitable from any alignment, but scum (moreso bad scum than good scum) are happy to engage in this discourse, as it means they don't have to provide fake content.

Happy?
I like this post.
Why do you like it?
I’m on the side that continuing on this point is a good look for the one being called Mikey for one. Further, I think the reasoning is sound.
TonyStarkPrime
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 339

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Funnygurl earlier said that Ted was townish for voting Leetic because the vote was spicy. I like the reasoning. But I don’t like that for 2 reasons:
1) Leetic was one of only four people who had votes already
2) thats it
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:53 pm Funnygurl earlier said that Ted was townish for voting Leetic because the vote was spicy. I like the reasoning. But I don’t like that for 2 reasons:
2) thats it
I do not understand what you like and dislike here.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
ts account
Corrupt Union Official

Post by ts account »

Sloonei wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:41 pm
TH isn't a player I read particularly well. His willingness to consider that we are partners is a little bizarre, but I feel like the recent shift to focus on me is more likely to come from a civilian Turnip than a mafia one.
You?
I see a lot of confirmation bias in Turnip regarding the last bit. That is what I'm currently pondering more than the first bit. I do not know how to unpack the sloonei/ts account world, so I do not know how to read players who are looking at it seriously yet.
ts account
Corrupt Union Official

Post by ts account »

I also am getting turnip and radishes confused, though that may be more due to funnygurl comparing them than me actually thinking about turnips and radishes similarly. Both have displayed no small amount of confirmation bias but have some good posts in a vacuum.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

ts account wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:07 pm
Sloonei wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:41 pm
You?
I see a lot of confirmation bias in Turnip regarding the last bit. That is what I'm currently pondering more than the first bit. I do not know how to unpack the sloonei/ts account world, so I do not know how to read players who are looking at it seriously yet.
Where specifically do you see this confirmation bias?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

I'm not really considering it seriously, just entertaining a reality where it exists
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Radishes is a mild town read for me.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Turnip Head wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:11 pm I'm not really considering it seriously, just entertaining a reality where it exists
What if we’re both town?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Like if the idea was for Sloonei to get involved re: mechanics and then for Mikey to engage him, and then for them to one up each other ad infinitum

Golden and I actually did that in Firefly mafia and neither of us got lynched
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Sloonei wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:12 pm
Turnip Head wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:11 pm I'm not really considering it seriously, just entertaining a reality where it exists
What if we’re both town?
Then the game is more boring so far
ts account
Corrupt Union Official

Post by ts account »

Post #342 and #346 seem to be confirmation bias because they show turnip is starting with the conclusion- Sloonei is scum- and then seeing the play fit into that pattern, rather than looking at the play and deciding that they are scum because xyz.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Turnip Head wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:15 pm
Sloonei wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:12 pm
What if we’re both town?
Then the game is more boring so far
That might explain why things are so stagnant now.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Sloonei wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:36 pm
Is drago town or scum?
Yes
Sloonei wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:36 pm Please answer twice.
... no?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

ts account wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:17 pm Post #342 and #346 seem to be confirmation bias because they show turnip is starting with the conclusion- Sloonei is scum- and then seeing the play fit into that pattern, rather than looking at the play and deciding that they are scum because xyz.
I have read very little but I am exceptionally confident Sloonei is town so anyone accused of "starting with the conclusion Sloonei is scum" immediately bears analysis.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

ts account wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:17 pm Post #342 and #346 seem to be confirmation bias because they show turnip is starting with the conclusion- Sloonei is scum- and then seeing the play fit into that pattern, rather than looking at the play and deciding that they are scum because xyz.
I don’t see it that way, but I also think TH is using language that reflects the approach I used with you earlier, so I believe I see where you are coming from.

I do not have a firm read on TH.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

My brain is trying to process the fact that Mac just announced an “exceptionally confident” town read on me on April 1st.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Dragomir
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 205

Post by Dragomir »

Turnip Head wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:14 pm I started the day more likely to vote Mikey and now I'm thinking of voting for Sloonei. It's not hard to view Sloonei's behavior through the lens where he's bad
But is it hard to view him through the lens that he's good?
Dragomir
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 205

Post by Dragomir »

Sloonei wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:25 pm My brain is trying to process the fact that Mac just announced an “exceptionally confident” town read on me on April 1st.
I thought you lived in US. It should still March 31st for you.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Sloonei wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:25 pm My brain is trying to process the fact that Mac just announced an “exceptionally confident” town read on me on April 1st.
So when I started the game I immediately voted for Tedxtr for the kek. I later realised that Master Radishes voted for him and I observed that Radishes at that time had no votes. Given that Radishes was lynched as scum very early in the GOC I figured that he must have done something very towny to be skating, so I read his ISO and ... well found very little. But what I did find was a strong read that you are Sloonei the town as opposed to Sloonei the scum. I know Radishes is an exceptionally insightful civilian so either;

a) He is a civilian and made an insightful as fuck town read that I should probably assume is correct
or
b) He is scum and trying to pocket you

I then cast a cursory glance at your ISO in the few fleeting moments I had to do so yesterday and saw what he meant.

I was going to sheep your vote at the time, I truly don't remember where it was ... I think maybe on ts account? But while this was unfolding I also made a snap read that Tedxtr is likely town because he has a similar gear shift here to you, so I decided to sheep him instead.

Not April Fools.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Dragomir wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:32 pm
But it's April Fools for me and Sloonei knows I am in Australia and as such in the future. You tryna slander my boi?
leetic
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 92
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Oricorio

Post by leetic »

Turnip Head wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:33 pm
Long Con wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:19 pm ... or possibly a distancing act?
Turnip Head wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:15 pm Like if the idea was for Sloonei to get involved re: mechanics and then for Mikey to engage him, and then for them to one up each other ad infinitum

This seems like a bit of a backflip.
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Dragomir wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:32 pm
It's april 1st in 'stalia
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Dragomir wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:28 pm
Turnip Head wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:14 pm I started the day more likely to vote Mikey and now I'm thinking of voting for Sloonei. It's not hard to view Sloonei's behavior through the lens where he's bad
But is it hard to view him through the lens that he's good?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

[mention]Turnip Head[/mention] let me gaze into your mind. I'd like you to write three sentences with a minimum of ten words each about the status of the game. Chop chop young man.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

MacDougall wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:32 pm
So when I started the game I immediately voted for Tedxtr for the kek. I later realised that Master Radishes voted for him and I observed that Radishes at that time had no votes. Given that Radishes was lynched as scum very early in the GOC I figured that he must have done something very towny to be skating, so I read his ISO and ... well found very little. But what I did find was a strong read that you are Sloonei the town as opposed to Sloonei the scum. I know Radishes is an exceptionally insightful civilian so either;

a) He is a civilian and made an insightful as fuck town read that I should probably assume is correct
or

I then cast a cursory glance at your ISO in the few fleeting moments I had to do so yesterday and saw what he meant.

I was going to sheep your vote at the time, I truly don't remember where it was ... I think maybe on ts account? But while this was unfolding I also made a snap read that Tedxtr is likely town because he has a similar gear shift here to you, so I decided to sheep him instead.

Not April Fools.
I believe you. I also think I feel similarly about ted. Master's team about to take back-to-back games.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

leetic wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:34 pm
Turnip Head wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:33 pm
Long Con wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:19 pm ... or possibly a distancing act?
Turnip Head wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:15 pm Like if the idea was for Sloonei to get involved re: mechanics and then for Mikey to engage him, and then for them to one up each other ad infinitum

This seems like a bit of a backflip.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Sloonei wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:37 pm
MacDougall wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:32 pm

or

Not April Fools.
I believe you. I also think I feel similarly about ted. Master's team about to take back-to-back games.
The completionist in me now wants to solve Epi.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:53 pm Funnygurl earlier said that Ted was townish for voting Leetic because the vote was spicy. I like the reasoning. But I don’t like that for 2 reasons:
2) thats it
What is your read on Leetic?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Plaaaay with me fam
leetic
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 92
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Oricorio

Post by leetic »

For my feelings on the matter, while stranger things have happened, even when I pulled off the "argue with scumbuddy D1 about something pointless for distancing", I didn't do it for nearly as long. Sloonei and Mikey were quite dedicated in their argument, so I find it doubtful that they are w/w
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

leetic wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:46 pm For my feelings on the matter, while stranger things have happened, even when I pulled off the "argue with scumbuddy D1 about something pointless for distancing", I didn't do it for nearly as long. Sloonei and Mikey were quite dedicated in their argument, so I find it doubtful that they are w/w
yeah ted and I did it last game but it only went on for about 6 posts total, and that was enough to seal the win in the end. It’d be pointless to drag an act like that out over several pages.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

MacDougall wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:37 pm @Turnip Head let me gaze into your mind. I'd like you to write three sentences with a minimum of ten words each about the status of the game. Chop chop young man.
The status of the game is looking really really good. I think you and me and the others are going to have a great time playing this game. Not every game of mafia ends up becoming a classic but I think this one's gonna be good
ts account
Corrupt Union Official

Post by ts account »

heck
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

What I am seeing from Mikey is a little bit of between the lines solving which I very much like
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Turnip Head wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:52 pm
MacDougall wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:37 pm @Turnip Head let me gaze into your mind. I'd like you to write three sentences with a minimum of ten words each about the status of the game. Chop chop young man.
The status of the game is looking really really good. I think you and me and the others are going to have a great time playing this game. Not every game of mafia ends up becoming a classic but I think this one's gonna be good
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

MacDougall wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:10 pm
Turnip Head wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:52 pm
Idk it made me laugh
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
ts account
Corrupt Union Official

Post by ts account »

Actually doing something so mundane would be a red flag without the sass.

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”