[END] Harry Potter Mafia

Moderator: Community Team

Operator
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 131

Re: [NIGHT 6] Harry Potter Mafia

Post by Operator »

Merga Bien wrote:And in this particular game, the low poster route is dangerous.
Why?
Management
Operator
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Operator »

Katharina Henot wrote: I think what merga was saying was that - at the end of the lynch they tried to distance from each other because they knew no matter which of them were lynched - the result would end in a no lynch. So, since both baddies knew that they would survive - let's cast doubt on each other for the sake of looking civ.
I'm sorry, but when did I distance myself from Alizon and cast doubt on her civvieness? I am still convinced she is good, and have found her logic compelling. I was disappointed in her vote for me though.
Management
Golf
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 113

Post by Golf »

Ask Alizon, she subbed in. It's about the penalty. It's why I think she voted for me without realizing I had been replaced, she knew I had the biggest ...penalty at that time. I hate low poster voting in any case, it's weak and opportunistic, but in this game, it's a good way to get civs lynched.

i asked, but did not get clarification about specifying the penalty, so I won't But i have made it crystal clear, I think.

@Margarethe, which one on the poll would correspond to her?
Fractal
sprityo
Golf
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Golf »

LOL, that was not a jab, I just assumed you had BTS with her ha ha ha ha, sorry about that. :haha:
Fractal
sprityo
Larry David
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 53

Post by Larry David »

Merga, she is the 4th one down on the list. I'm voting now.
Golf
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Golf »

Thanks Margarethe :)
Fractal
sprityo
Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 175

Post by Jack Shephard »

Merga Bien wrote:Ask Alizon, she subbed in. It's about the penalty. It's why I think she voted for me without realizing I had been replaced, she knew I had the biggest ...penalty at that time. I hate low poster voting in any case, it's weak and opportunistic, but in this game, it's a good way to get civs lynched.

i asked, but did not get clarification about specifying the penalty, so I won't But i have made it crystal clear, I think.

I know what the penalty is. That is not why I voted you.

You may hate low poster voting, but in this scenario, it isn't weak, and it's not opportunistic. I had spoken up, and now I'm public enemy #1. I'm telling you, if I were bad in this game, I wouldn't say a damn thing. wifom that comment if you like. That would straight up be my strategy, and I'd be getting a pass every day for it. There's plenty of good ways to get civs lynched. We've had 4 out of 5 civ lynches, all for different reasons. Thinking you've pegged a pair of living teammates is another way.

I'll join Anne Redferne's vote, since I feel good about her.
Gunther
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 96

Post by Gunther »

Voted quick from the road.
A Person
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 43

Re: [POLLS] Harry Potter Mafia

Post by A Person »

?????????

Poll ended at Sat Mar 01, 2014 5:56 pm

1 5 5
No votes

3 4 8
No votes

1 3 7
Sarah Good (1), Alice Nutter (2), Malin Matsdotter (4)
27%

8 5 3
Anna Koldings (7), Margarethe Reinberg (8), Merga Bien (9), Katharina Henot (10)
36%

2 2 9
No votes

8 8 9
Roxy (5)
9%

4 4 9
No votes

2 5 6
No votes

8 6 2
No votes

7 7 9
Barbara Kollerin (3)
9%

6 1 5
No votes

5 2 3
Anne Redferne (6), Alizon Device (11)
18%

7 5 2
No votes

8 3 5
No votes

7 8 8
No votes

4 5 8
No votes

4 8 5
No votes

Total votes : 11
NurseWilgy
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 25

Post by NurseWilgy »

So... I voted thinking I was voting for myself before paying enough attention to realize that couldn't be how the numbers worked. Who do we actually think that person is then?
nutellaphant wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image

@NurseWilgy don't post any more k
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
JamminJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertusernamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Golf
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Golf »

Katharina Henot.

This could be totally wrong, lol. But if it IS you, I feel ok about that too :)
Fractal
sprityo
Larry David
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 53

Post by Larry David »

Anna, I am not at all sure whose behind those numbers. I went with the theory that it's the list of players just like they are listed normally and the numbers at that same spot represent that person. That could be totally wrong, it was just a theory expressed by someone. I thought I was voting for Katharina. And yes I would feel good about it being you too.
Golf
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Golf »

Alizon Device wrote:
Merga Bien wrote:Ask Alizon, she subbed in. It's about the penalty. It's why I think she voted for me without realizing I had been replaced, she knew I had the biggest ...penalty at that time. I hate low poster voting in any case, it's weak and opportunistic, but in this game, it's a good way to get civs lynched.

You may hate low poster voting, but in this scenario, it isn't weak, and it's not opportunistic. I had spoken up, and now I'm public enemy #1. I'm telling you, if I were bad in this game, I wouldn't say a damn thing. wifom that comment if you like. That would straight up be my strategy, and I'd be getting a pass every day for it. There's plenty of good ways to get civs lynched. We've had 4 out of 5 civ lynches, all for different reasons. Thinking you've pegged a pair of living teammates is another way.

i actually was talking to/about Malin, But OK. How about this, if you vote for Malin again tomorrow, I will too?
Fractal
sprityo
Operator
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Operator »

Margarethe Reinberg wrote:Anna, I am not at all sure whose behind those numbers. I went with the theory that it's the list of players just like they are listed normally and the numbers at that same spot represent that person. That could be totally wrong, it was just a theory expressed by someone. I thought I was voting for Katharina. And yes I would feel good about it being you too.
Whereas I just picked a number that was aesthetically pleasing to me.
Management
Golf
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Golf »

That coincidentaly already had 2 votes?? :haha:
Fractal
sprityo
NurseWilgy
Sockpuppet Account

Post by NurseWilgy »

Ohh... ya, that actually makes sense. She's survived a NK so that makes sense, I just thought the numbers actually meant something.

ImageImageImage
JamminJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertusernamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Operator
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Operator »

Merga Bien wrote:
Alizon Device wrote:

i actually was talking to/about Malin, But OK. How about this, if you vote for Malin again tomorrow, I will too?
I get what you are saying about the penalty, but I also agree with Alizon that keeping quiet is a great way for baddies to avoid attention. I think it might be worth a penalty or two to stay out of the public eye.
Management
Operator
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Operator »

Merga Bien wrote:That coincidentaly already had 2 votes?? :haha:
Um, yes. I don't see why that is funny. I actually didn't even look to see how many votes it had before choosing it, and was surprised to see that I had picked the most popular option (at the time.)
Management
NurseWilgy
Sockpuppet Account

Post by NurseWilgy »

Does anyone actually know what the penalty is, and if so, can they share?

ImageImageImage
Golf
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Golf »

Malin, I played when one Mafia team was the norm. And going the low poster route was pretty standard baddie beahvior. Maybe I am projecting onto you and Alizon, but you seriously need to try to look for suspicions based on OTHER than post count (and your Maret susp is based on her not liking your fixation on post count, so that does not count). If you do that, I am there. If not, fixation on low posters will draw my ire.

Linki@ Anna, it is related to starting lynches...handicapped.
Fractal
sprityo
NurseWilgy
Sockpuppet Account

Post by NurseWilgy »

Merga Bien wrote:Malin, I played when one Mafia team was the norm. And going the low poster route was pretty standard baddie beahvior. Maybe I am projecting onto you and Alizon, but you seriously need to try to look for suspicions based on OTHER than post count (and your Maret susp is based on her not liking your fixation on post count, so that does not count). If you do that, I am there. If not, fixation on low posters will draw my ire.

Right, I assume it's starting at extra votes, I'm just curious if it's starting only the following lynched or all lynches with extra votes. It wouldn't really be a big deal to just start the next lynch at +1 vote, but if you're starting all lynches with extra votes it becomes a more risky strategy.

ImageImageImage
Golf
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Golf »

It's cumulative
Fractal
sprityo
Operator
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Operator »

Merga Bien wrote:Malin, I played when one Mafia team was the norm. And going the low poster route was pretty standard baddie beahvior. Maybe I am projecting onto you and Alizon, but you seriously need to try to look for suspicions based on OTHER than post count (and your Maret susp is based on her not liking your fixation on post count, so that does not count). If you do that, I am there. If not, fixation on low posters will draw my ire.

Thank you for the advice, but I find it's best not to let others direct me on how to search for suspects.
Management
A Person
Loan Shark

Post by A Person »

Night 6 - The Quest For the Deathly Hallows - The Elder Wand

The Elder Wand has been claimed.
Chuck
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 60

Post by Chuck »

Unfair I wanted that.
Golf
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Golf »

Alizons vote on me, had I not replaced in, conceivably, could have lynched Merga I. Alizon, having replaced herself, would have known that. It is a big, nay, huge part, of why I suspect her. Merga I was an easy lynch. Baddies like easy lynches.

Linki @ Malin, whatever floats your boat, my dear. I am trying to be forthright and helpful, but :shrug:

Double Linki, I hope it was a good person won it :)
Fractal
sprityo
Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Jack Shephard »

Merga Bien wrote:
Alizon Device wrote:

You told Malin to "ask Alizon."

I'm not Malin's teammate, and I don't appreciate people trying to coerce me to vote in ways I may not care to in the future. I have a lot of evolving thoughts in this and I'm not interested in voting early just because you will vote the same as me. I have things I want to talk about, but every time I say anything, it's read in the context of me being bad, so :shrug:

Some more wine for your table: If I were Malin's teammate, I'm pretty sure we'd run this thread bowlegged. :fiesta:
A Person
Loan Shark

Post by A Person »

Night 6 - A Brush With Fate

Märet ducked into her dormitory for a quick change of robes before dinner when she noticed something wrong, nothing was missing but something was definitely different. She figured someone had been trying to "borrow" her hairbrush again and couldn't find it, and promised herself that she'd buy one of the hexed ones she saw at Zonko's next time when she was in Hogsmeade. Bracing herself for the impending disaster that it had surely been left in, she pulled the doors open and was immediately thrown backwards. Märet thought the pillar of flame seemed to have erupted spontaneously before she saw it for what it was, a large burning stake. The fire was alive, groping towards her as she backed away, stumbling as she tried to keep her eyes locked on the flames. She tried charm after charm to put out the flames, until she slowly realized something; people aren't generally burned at the stake in their wardrobes! Knowing now what was happening, she waved her wand and commanded "RIDDIKULUS," and with a crack the boggart changed into a great flopping dildo. With a furtive look towards the door, she quickly rolled it under her bed and began to make her way towards the Great Hall.

Märet Jonsdotter has survived a kill attempt by Voldemort and the Death Eaters. You have 48 hours to lynch someone.
Operator
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Operator »

Merga Bien wrote:Malin, I played when one Mafia team was the norm. And going the low poster route was pretty standard baddie beahvior.
I think "pretty standard baddie behavior" is a flawed concept, because baddies consciously try not to engage in behavior that will be perceived as "standard." I'm confused as to why you think a baddie would so brazenly pursue a behavior that would make them look like a baddie.
Management
Operator
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Operator »

Oh there is always a choice.

And I am glad Maret survived, I guess. Assuming no baddie trickery, I am sorry I was wrong about you, Maret.
Management
Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Jack Shephard »

Malin Matsdotter wrote:
Merga Bien wrote:Malin, I played when one Mafia team was the norm. And going the low poster route was pretty standard baddie beahvior.
I think "pretty standard baddie behavior" is a flawed concept, because baddies consciously try not to engage in behavior that will be perceived as "standard." I'm confused as to why you think a baddie would so brazenly pursue a behavior that would make them look like a baddie.
This is what I've been saying since I came in. Why people are focused on civvie bahvior and baddie behavior as though those are "objective" things is beyond me.
Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Jack Shephard »

Merga Bien wrote:
Alizon Device wrote:
Merga Bien wrote:
Alizon Device wrote:

I'm not Malin's teammate, and I don't appreciate people trying to coerce me to vote in ways I may not care to in the future. I have a lot of evolving thoughts in this and I'm not interested in voting early just because you will vote the same as me. I have things I want to talk about, but every time I say anything, it's read in the context of me being bad, so :shrug:

Some more wine for your table: If I were Malin's teammate, I'm pretty sure we'd run this thread bowlegged. :fiesta:
So...you won't be joining me to vote Malin?

Maret is a target I did not expect.

Linki@ Malin, there is WIFOM, there is "No choice", there are a lot of reasons.
I might, I might not. Per the hosts, I have 48 hours to decide.
Golf
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Golf »

Alizon Device wrote:
Malin Matsdotter wrote:
This is what I've been saying since I came in. Why people are focused on civvie bahvior and baddie behavior as though those are "objective" things is beyond me.
They can be objective things.
Fractal
sprityo
Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Jack Shephard »

Merga Bien wrote:
Alizon Device wrote:
Malin Matsdotter wrote:
Theres no "can be." Either it is or it isn't.
Celeste
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 120

Post by Celeste »

yayy no death :)
Golf
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Golf »

Alizon Device wrote:
Merga Bien wrote:
Alizon Device wrote:
Malin Matsdotter wrote:
Theres no "can be." Either it is or it isn't.
Flase.

Oops I ...and that's terrible. before i checked my PMs.

Rose just say that your team guilty following in the mafia footsteps of many, many mismanage you. Valentine
Fractal
sprityo
Spooky Ghost
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 180

Re: [DAY 5] Harry Potter Mafia

Post by Spooky Ghost »

Malin Matsdotter wrote:
Märet Jonsdotter wrote:
Malin Matsdotter wrote:
Märet Jonsdotter wrote:
Malin Matsdotter wrote:
If I think I have found a baddie, of course I want people to agree with me. If it turns out I am wrong, though, I don't see how their actions are my fault. That's like blaming drunk driving on the bartender.

I voted Maret again.
Why?
The same reason as yesterday.
Remind us what that was, please. :)
Gladly.

1. We started going after low-posters.
2. We lynched a civvie.
3. Maret got really nervous and asked a vague, in my opinion, unhelpful question trying to steer us away from low posters.
4. Maret seemed to get really angry at me for not agreeing with her position.

To me, this seems like we got awfully close last time, and Maret is trying to steer us away before we get a baddie.

Maret's contention that we should not lynch low posters because the last time we did, we got a civvie, either displays a lack of understanding of logic or deliberate misleading. I believe the latter.
This isn't true, though, Malin. I think if we have evidence that someone is bad (i.e. like we did with Mary) that trumps a witch hunt among low posters because there's gonna be a baddie in there somewhere. That was my argument. It always was. You, however, have twisted that argument beyond all recognition and just state inaccuracies. I didn't steer anyone away from getting a baddie. I won't claim responsibility for Mary's lynch, but I will say that I definitely helped. We got a baddie my way. It doesn't mean all the baddies are active participants, just like your strategy doesn't indicate that all the baddies are low posters. You are simplifying things. The truth resists simplicity. Problems are complex, and you can't pretend there's going to be a one size fits all solution in a mafia game.
Malin Matsdotter wrote: I'm sorry, but when did I distance myself from Alizon and cast doubt on her civvieness? I am still convinced she is good, and have found her logic compelling. I was disappointed in her vote for me though.
I would say Alizon's easily done more of the distancing than you have, for what it's worth.

Thank you to whoever protected me. :)

LINKI: Alizon for someone who doesn't seem to believe in gray areas and in-betweens, you sure were quick to condemn whether or not there's objectivity in behavior.
Operator
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Operator »

Märet Jonsdotter wrote:It doesn't mean all the baddies are active participants, just like your strategy doesn't indicate that all the baddies are low posters.
I agree with this, at least.
Management
Golf
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Golf »

Alizons vote on me, cirrocumulus I not replaced in, conceivably, could have lynched Merga I. Witherdeath lostaddict12 Dr. Von Dreszen herself, would have known that. gimlet capote a big, nay, huge part, guinde license I suspect her. Merga I was an significative lynch. supertonic like easy lynches.

Linki regulars Malin, whatever recumbency your boat, my dear. I am trying to be swartliness and helpful, but :shrug:

Double Linki, balloonery G-Man Ikkl Genius was saving Canucklehead trocar won it :)
Merga Bien wrote:
Alizon Device wrote:
Merga Bien wrote:
Alizon Device wrote:

obstetrics. won't be joining me Alai vote Dream Walker? is exenterate fellows I deafened Merlin the Wizzard expect.

Linki@ Malin, there is WIFOM, there is ingrafted choice", bavin are a halter of reasons.

Fractal
sprityo
Spooky Ghost
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Spooky Ghost »

Malin Matsdotter wrote:
Märet Jonsdotter wrote:It doesn't mean all the baddies are active participants, just like your strategy doesn't indicate that all the baddies are low posters.
This isn't all that different that what I've been saying all along, just more clearly spelled out. I have had suspicions on lower posters. I have had suspicions on higher posters.

Interesting.
Golf
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Golf »

Unhelpful Banana blah blah bighead flaming blah
Fractal
sprityo
Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Jack Shephard »

Märet Jonsdotter wrote:
Malin Matsdotter wrote:
This isn't all that different that what I've been saying all along, just more clearly spelled out. I have had suspicions on lower posters. I have had suspicions on higher posters.

Interesting.
Suppose it's not me, and suppose it's not Malin.

Who?
Spooky Ghost
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Spooky Ghost »

That wasn't quite the point of that post, but I am also looking at Karin.

I think Barbara has been acting strangely too, though.
Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Jack Shephard »

Märet Jonsdotter wrote:That wasn't quite the point of that post, but I am also looking at Karin.

I think Karin is alright. I'm not sure about Babs. Her voting record is good, but her behavior is evasive.
Operator
Sockpuppet Account

Re: [Day 7] Harry Potter Mafia

Post by Operator »

Märet Jonsdotter wrote:You are simplifying things. The truth resists simplicity.
Oh, I also wanted to say that I disagree with this statement. That kind of attitude is what leads to conspiracy theories.
Management
Golf
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Golf »

Malin Matsdotter wrote:
Märet Jonsdotter wrote:You are simplifying things. The truth resists simplicity.
Oh, I also wanted to say that I disagree with this statement. That kind of attitude is what leads to conspiracy theories.
This is outward very silly thing to say
Fractal
sprityo
Spooky Ghost
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Spooky Ghost »

Malin Matsdotter wrote:
That is not exactly what I meant. You are choosing what parts to agree with me on and which ones not to. This was what led to my statement about not all the baddies begin either low or high posters and I will vote who is suspicious rather than the witch hunt you and Alizon advocated for.

Which you agreed with.
Spooky Ghost
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Spooky Ghost »

Alizon Device wrote:
Märet Jonsdotter wrote:That wasn't quite the point of that post, but I am also looking at Karin.

I think Karin is alright. I'm not sure about Babs. Her voting record is good, but her behavior is evasive.
Exactly. Barbara seems to be avoiding any real questions, IMO.
Golf
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Golf »

:sigh:
Fractal
sprityo
Lizzy
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 67

Post by Lizzy »

Sunday Bloody Sunday

Kael Merrie, Rebecca Nurse and Brita Zippel have been modkilled.

Also, we want apologise for any inconveniences caused recently. We've both been busy, away and/or very tired, but we've tried to keep things under control. And one thing we have overlooked and have not told you, and that is entirely our fault, is that once you've sent a PM with a target, you cannot change it. Same goes for accidental votes. Again, we are very sorry about that. :blush:

Return to “Previous Jobs”