Speedchuck
9%
Turnip Head
9%

Total votes: 11
tedxtr
:wiz:
Posts in topic: 167
Location: some place where people retire from normals (maybe)
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Re: Assassin's Creed Mafia (D1)

Post by tedxtr »

Sloonei wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:01 am leetic [4]: Sloonei, Master Radishes, tedxtr, TonyStarkPrime
Long Con [4]: Funnygurl, Long Con, MacDougall, ts account
tedxtr [3]: Epignosis, leetic, Turnip Head
Turnip Head [1]: speedchuck
Abstaining [1]: Dragomir

One thought that comes to mind is that players who did not express confident reasons for their votes might be worth looking into. Those of us who were firmly committed to our respective cases (ts account, ted and leetic respectively) have every reason to remain in place as the deadline approaches and this tight poll persists. We all think we're making the right decision. But players who weren't firmly committed to their votes but remained in place despite being active at the deadline are suspect for remaining in place.
Funnygurl, Master Radishes, Tony, and Turnip Head stand out. I have not looked back to refresh myself on who was or was not here at the time, so maybe some of these would be absolved of this particular crime. I'm pretty sure I remember funnygurl being present, at aleast.

Epi was pretty firm on ted, so I'm not eyeing him in this instance, but he's suspicious for other reasons. I'm pretty sure speedchuck was absent. He's also suspicious for other reasons.
Nah the guy had no reason to be on me
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImage
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

ts account wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 2:17 am Does ted play on mafiauniverse? What is their username there?
Sup mikey i’m insomnia

Feel free to lock clear me and move on
ImageImageImageImage
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

Tbh fg as a wolf can totally be a thing but i just don’t want to push it right now for whatever reason, it’s more of a gut feeling than anything
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 752
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

tedxtr wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 2:48 am Tbh fg as a wolf can totally be a thing but i just don’t want to push it right now for whatever reason, it’s more of a gut feeling than anything
Push it!
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ts account
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 342

Post by ts account »

Sloonei wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 2:22 am
What does that mean to you?
Why is ted's handling of his scum partner in a previous game relevant to his handling of you in this game if you guys are not partners?
Twofold: First, it provides evidence for how ted defends their partners- in the previous game they were focusing more on the people suspecting MacDougall. Here their wallpost is focused on the minutae of what I do. I think that difference is telling enough given that the scenarios seem to be similar (someone being suspected). Second, it is also just a comparison of how detailed ted can be as scum. Since they were, again, more focused on the people suspecting MacDougall, their actual analysis of the player was relatively lacking.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 212

Post by MacDougall »

[VOTE: tedxtr] aubergine is 100% scum
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

And also a pussy
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

I am now 99% sure he is scum.
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 286

Post by Epignosis »

Sloonei wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 11:46 pm
ts account wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 11:37 pm
Sloonei wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 11:33 pm Long Con was the competing wagon to leetic. They ended up tied. Nobody sprang to save him. What does this mean? I can go either way on it.
What do you think it means?
Listen punk, I'm the one who asks questions here!

I am of two minds.
Scenario 1) The mafia team had no preference over who was lynched and was content to let two civilians face the coin flip of destiny. I've never seen a tie where things were so stagnant. Long Con's self-vote made it 4 to 4 several minutes ahead of the deadline, and then nobody else moved. Lots of people were around, but the leetic camp was entrenched on leetic, and the LC camp was entrenched on LC (and the TH/non-committed camp was farting around like losers). Mafia members have no reason to stick their necks out to determine one lynch or another when either one will do just fine.

Scenario 2) Long Con is mafia. This one comes with a couple other variables, none of which I'd bank on.
  • 2.1) Long Con is mafia, his self-vote put his partners in a very awkward position wherein they need to leap to save him. Long Con is an experienced and adept mafia player. He knows better than to do that to his partners.
  • 2.2) Long Con is mafia, but his team possesses some sort of mechanic which would have prevented him from being lynched yesterday (maybe they control a tiebreaker, maybe they have a member with a vote addition/subtraction power, etc.). This is baseless speculation. I cannot assert it with any confidence.
Scenario 3, I guess, is that no mafia members were present at the end of the day with the potential exception of Long Con. Why he'd endanger himself like that, I cannot say.

I have more confidence in scenario 1 than anything else.
Or Long Con is mafia and just hosted a game where a civilian threw it and he's well aware of that recency bias. :mafia:
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Sloonei wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:01 am leetic [4]: Sloonei, Master Radishes, tedxtr, TonyStarkPrime

One thought that comes to mind is that players who did not express confident reasons for their votes might be worth looking into. Those of us who were firmly committed to our respective cases (ts account, ted and leetic respectively) have every reason to remain in place as the deadline approaches and this tight poll persists. We all think we're making the right decision. But players who weren't firmly committed to their votes but remained in place despite being active at the deadline are suspect for remaining in place.
Funnygurl, Master Radishes, Tony, and Turnip Head stand out. I have not looked back to refresh myself on who was or was not here at the time, so maybe some of these would be absolved of this particular crime. I'm pretty sure I remember funnygurl being present, at aleast.

Epi was pretty firm on ted, so I'm not eyeing him in this instance, but he's suspicious for other reasons. I'm pretty sure speedchuck was absent. He's also suspicious for other reasons.
You're suspicious for other reasons. :meany:
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Sloonei wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:07 am
Turnip Head wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 6:53 pm This kind of defeatism always ends in a civilian lynch
[VOTE: turnip head] aubergine for letting defeated civilian Long Con teeter on the edge while sitting on a lame ted wagon.
I did the same thing. Why TH over me?
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Turnip Head wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:21 am Feels like LC knew he would survive, or else why do that? The lynch was almost over
If I know I'm going to survive, I'm still not advertising it.

I'm not Jack.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Funnygurl555 wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:27 am think about it: if you had a team and you had a pretty good shot of lasting the phase BUT YOU VOTED YOURSELF how would your team feel?

idk man there'd be rage, RAGE. wolves have more of a responsibility to live.

ok yeah i guess wolves could self vote at eod like that but if you do that then you're just bad. and like i don't like to call ppl bad, but like if you do that as a wolf then you deserve it
I would lose my shit.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Imma hard side with Sloonei today but if we lynch wrong and are both here next day I'm gonna fake info to get him lynched k?
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

ts account wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:40 am I have made a Team Aqua Grunt outfit and Trainer Red outfit in Animal Crossing, and they look pretty good, if I do say so myself. Does anyone have recommendations?
Beer. Lots of it.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 123

Post by speedchuck »

[VOTE: Long Con] aubergine

Today is super busy I'll catch up later.

But I maintain that self-votes are bad.
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

speedchuck wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 8:56 am [VOTE: Long Con] aubergine

:charlieblackmon:
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Sloonei wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:56 am Everybody vote for somebody!
[VOTE: Sloonei] aubergine
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Turnip Head wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:58 am
Sloonei wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:56 am
Turnip Head wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:55 am And yes if we lynch someone it should be on their own merits and not on any unproven teammate connections of course
Vote for someone.
[VOTE: Sloonei] aubergine
Aw, scooped. :disappoint:
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

ts account wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:58 am
Turnip Head wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:54 am
ts account wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:51 am I hate to be the person to bring it up, but it is interesting Turnip Head is looking for a team of three. I thought with 15 players it would be more likely that we are looking at a team of four.
I'm not looking for a team of three I think I found a team of three
I am trying to see how you can come up with this scum team but I do not see it. As the person most familiar with funnygurl in this game, why would I warn everyone of her incredibly dynamic wolf game? I could simply say her wolf game is obvious and that she slanks hard as a wolf- the fact that she is here at all guarantees she is town, and then rely on my own aggressive personality to shut down dissent. That does not work. Furthermore, ted posted a massive wall town casing me seemingly with the intent to make sloonei shut up. I do not believe that is partnery behavior either, as it requires a lot of effort and insight on ted's behalf, more than is required to defend a partner. I think they are just town.
I don't understand why people think effort is automatically indicative of civility.

"More than is required to defend a partner."

How much effort is required? I didn't know there were regulations in place about these things.

Are they in that imaginary book? :puppy:
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 117
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

[VOTE: ts account] aubergine
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

ts account wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 1:28 am
Dragomir wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 4:56 pm Its gonna be hard for me to participate in these remaining hours. I'm quite busy right now so EoD activity is a no go from my side.

My reads right now still have LC as scum but it's not as strong as before. Leetic has creeped up in my scum reads, but it's not very strong either. My reasons don't felt good enough to support a vote on him and I have had a couple mindmelds with him. His defense against my recent accusations were just as well.

Speedchuck is probably my strongest scum read atm doubt that's not saying much as it's still kinda weak, just barely above the other two. I don't think I'll be voting anybody for this phase.

My town reads, on the other hand, are quite strong. max, Sloonei, and FG are the highest; all three equal with each other. Turnip Head, TS, Ted, and Epi follow behind.

Radish and TSP are my remaining null reads.
Here is dragomir's last will. It is not much to go on, since they only had one real scum read that was shared by many other players to begin with. I will assume that Dragomir softed or slipped PR somewhere, as that would be a better reason to kill drago over another person with drago's scum reads.

Sloonei: Have you found that post wherein ted defends macdougall as a partner with a wallpost?
That's a bad assumption.

In this setup:
The Sit Down
Play a current Special Game here!
- Any number of players
- Any number of non-vanilla roles
- Any time length for Day/Night cycles
Moderators: Game Facilitators, Sit Down Host
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

tedxtr wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 2:35 am [VOTE: Epignosis ] aubergine
[VOTE: tedxtr] aubergine
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

tedxtr wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 2:38 am

Nah the guy had no reason to be on me
Plenty of reasons right here:
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

There you go, he’s outed :shrug:
ImageImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 215
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

tedxtr wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 9:43 am There you go, he’s outed :shrug:
Who's outed? As what?
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Epignosis wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 8:50 am
Turnip Head wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 6:53 pm This kind of defeatism always ends in a civilian lynch
[VOTE: turnip head] aubergine for letting defeated civilian Long Con teeter on the edge while sitting on a lame ted wagon.
Turnip Head commented on it as it was happening. He watched it happen and did nothing.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Why?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Sloonei wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 11:54 am
Turnip Head commented on it as it was happening. He watched it happen and did nothing.
That's not even close to what happened. I did not do nothing, you literally quoted me where I was doing something. Are you saying I should have voted for leetic, someone I townread and who flipped town, to save LC? I actively campaigned for a different wagon. Why was the ted wagon lame? Why was leetic a better wagon?
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Turnip Head wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:05 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 11:54 am
That's not even close to what happened. I did not do nothing, you literally quoted me where I was doing something. Are you saying I should have voted for leetic, someone I townread and who flipped town, to save LC? I actively campaigned for a different wagon. Why was the ted wagon lame? Why was leetic a better wagon?
The ted wagon was literally “lame” in the sense that it was going nowhere.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Re: Assassin's Creed Mafia (D2)

Post by Sloonei »

[VOTE: speedchuck] aubergine

Turnip Head is town.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Tedextr had one less vote than leetic and LC
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

so
ImageImageImageImage
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

Turnip i think you're town, what's your gripe with me so we can work this out
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

tedxtr wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:12 pm Turnip i think you're town, what's your gripe with me so we can work this out
Why’s TH town? What does being wrong about leetic mean to you?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

It wasn't that big of a thing really. Maybe I'll want to revisit it at some point but I think I've moved onto Mikey for now
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 215
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Turnip Head wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:21 pm It wasn't that big of a thing really. Maybe I'll want to revisit it at some point but I think I've moved onto Mikey for now
*checks poll* Yup, you have.
TonyStarkPrime
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 339

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Epignosis wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 8:49 am
Sloonei wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 11:46 pm
ts account wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 11:37 pm
Sloonei wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 11:33 pm Long Con was the competing wagon to leetic. They ended up tied. Nobody sprang to save him. What does this mean? I can go either way on it.
What do you think it means?
Listen punk, I'm the one who asks questions here!

I am of two minds.
Scenario 1) The mafia team had no preference over who was lynched and was content to let two civilians face the coin flip of destiny. I've never seen a tie where things were so stagnant. Long Con's self-vote made it 4 to 4 several minutes ahead of the deadline, and then nobody else moved. Lots of people were around, but the leetic camp was entrenched on leetic, and the LC camp was entrenched on LC (and the TH/non-committed camp was farting around like losers). Mafia members have no reason to stick their necks out to determine one lynch or another when either one will do just fine.

Scenario 2) Long Con is mafia. This one comes with a couple other variables, none of which I'd bank on.
  • 2.1) Long Con is mafia, his self-vote put his partners in a very awkward position wherein they need to leap to save him. Long Con is an experienced and adept mafia player. He knows better than to do that to his partners.
  • 2.2) Long Con is mafia, but his team possesses some sort of mechanic which would have prevented him from being lynched yesterday (maybe they control a tiebreaker, maybe they have a member with a vote addition/subtraction power, etc.). This is baseless speculation. I cannot assert it with any confidence.
Scenario 3, I guess, is that no mafia members were present at the end of the day with the potential exception of Long Con. Why he'd endanger himself like that, I cannot say.

I have more confidence in scenario 1 than anything else.
Or Long Con is mafia and just hosted a game where a civilian threw it and he's well aware of that recency bias. :mafia:
All the more reason why he wouldn’t do it, I feel
ts account
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 342

Post by ts account »

Why do you think they are bad?
Epignosis wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 9:06 am
I don't understand why people think effort is automatically indicative of civility.

"More than is required to defend a partner."

How much effort is required? I didn't know there were regulations in place about these things.

Are they in that imaginary book? :puppy:
Instead of being snarky you could, perhaps, look at a case ted recently made defending a scum partner and arrive at the same conclusion. You are not being enjoyable to play with. Mafia are expending effort in other places than making massive towncases. It is not the level of effort that distinguishes the alignments, it is where it is spent.

And yes, it is probably in the book.
Epignosis wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 9:28 am That's a bad assumption.

In this setup:
The Sit Down
Play a current Special Game here!
- Any number of players
- Any number of non-vanilla roles
- Any time length for Day/Night cycles
Moderators: Game Facilitators, Sit Down Host
So you are saying that a player who flipped PR in a game, with the potential to be role madness, was unlikely to have softed or slipped PR? Get out of here.
Turnip Head wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:21 pm It wasn't that big of a thing really. Maybe I'll want to revisit it at some point but I think I've moved onto Mikey for now
Oh brother. Keep moving.

I think I am voting speedchuck today. We will see how they respond.

[VOTE: speedchuck] aubergine
Master Radishes
Hitman
Posts in topic: 157

Post by Master Radishes »

I've not had the time to do to sit down and properly read through and think about things, but a few random musings:

-Just...no way LC isn't a civ, right? If he was scum making a gambit, he wouldn't have left it tied, surely. Someone tell me why he could reasonably be mafia, otherwise I'm locking him in as town.

-The lack of excitement around EoD also confirms that the scum didn't care who got lynched. This, like others I see, makes me want to look at people who sat on their votes. This requires more thinking and re-reading.

-Normally I'd put odds on one of the lynchee's voters being scum, but if they were happy with the wagons (leetic, LC, ted) then it's just as likely they let the town lynch one of their own and fell on one of the other wagons or even off-wagon. I rely heavily on VCA, personally, but don't see the point in wasting my brain cells on it just yet. Maybe when I get bored later in the round.

-Not that it matters much at the moment, but I'm bad at timezones and EoD is an hour earlier than I thought it was. I might occasionally be able to make it, if I bother to make the effort.
Master Radishes
Hitman

Sloonei wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:08 pm [VOTE: speedchuck] aubergine

Turnip Head is town.
Explain your thought process on why TH is town now? I liked your point about him watching and commenting and sitting on a dead wagon. (It may have only been 1 vote off, but it had no momentum.)
Master Radishes
Hitman

Dafuq is this. I'm not closing the door to LC being bad, but how do you go here first when scum!LC was a coin flip from voting himself out of the game?
Master Radishes
Hitman

[VOTE: funnygurl555] aubergine

She personified the que sera sera mentality of the thread last round, which right now is not a good look considering I really think we had v/v(/v?) wagons yesterday.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Master Radishes wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 1:56 pm

Turnip Head is town.
Explain your thought process on why TH is town now? I liked your point about him watching and commenting and sitting on a dead wagon. (It may have only been 1 vote off, but it had no momentum.)
He's not lying about having a town read on leetic, and the response of telling me to shove my vote up my ass looked authentic.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Master Radishes
Hitman

Sloonei wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 2:03 pm
Master Radishes wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 1:56 pm

Turnip Head is town.
He's not lying about having a town read on leetic, and the response of telling me to shove my vote up my ass looked authentic.
Okay, that's kind of how I felt too.

I've flip-flopped on TH a lot so far (in my head more so than in thread). His overall tone feels really good; his contributions/actions or lack thereof are open to questioning.
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

I feel like I'd do better if I were high or something

not like I have ever been but that's a feeling I have
ImageImageImageImage
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

I'm wrong somewhere, I think in like theee... Sloonei and FG department. Otherwise this game makes little to no sense for me.
ImageImageImageImage
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

eh fuck it I didn't even ISO but I feel like he has 400 posts anyway

[VOTE: Sloonei ] aubergine
ImageImageImageImage
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

I basically have to clear myself because I was a counterwagon to flipped town

problem with that is that i have to push a scum and i don't have a fucking idea who that is right now

i'm deleting my entire ISO and starting from scratch, I'm re-reading and then coming up with my reads and shit

nothing that I posted before this matters k
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

tedxtr wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 2:19 pm eh fuck it I didn't even ISO but I feel like he has 400 posts anyway

[VOTE: Sloonei ] aubergine
do i look like the person who was your teammate last game?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”