[END] Harry Potter Mafia

Moderator: Community Team

Gunther
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 96

Re: [Day 7] Harry Potter Mafia

Post by Gunther »

Alizon Device wrote:Here's my dilemma and why I don't like it.

People think Malin & I are teammates. We're not. If I don't vote for Malin (or maybe even if I do), and Malin turns out bad, then this will harden the idea that I'm Malin's teammate in their minds.

What keeps coming back to haunt me is Mary's lynch. Mary brought a lot of attention upon herself, and if Malin was a teammate, I just can not see her refraining from throwing Mary under the bus (as I believe her team did). Mary got 12 votes which I think is a record in this game.

I just feel like there's people cruising by without the least bit of scrutiny. If quiet baddies win I'm going to be mad.
who is cruzing by without the least bit of scrutiny? What are we missing?
Gunther
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Gunther »

Jennet Bierley wrote:I'm still #2 in total posts. :haha:

yea...you're a talky witch. :p
Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 175

Post by Jack Shephard »

Katharina Henot wrote:

People think Malin & I are teammates. We're not. If I don't vote for Malin (or maybe even if I do), and Malin turns out bad, then this will harden the idea that I'm Malin's teammate in their minds.

What keeps coming back to haunt me is Mary's lynch. Mary brought a lot of attention upon herself, and if Malin was a teammate, I just can not see her refraining from throwing Mary under the bus (as I believe her team did). Mary got 12 votes which I think is a record in this game.

I just feel like there's people cruising by without the least bit of scrutiny. If quiet baddies win I'm going to be mad.
We're missing your vote for one.

There's hardly any talk during the day until the last couple of hours, and then it's bandwagon after bandwagon. People want to spend 42 hours saying nothing and then popping up to vote whichever way the wind is blowing.
Golf
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 113

Re: [NIGHT 7] Harry Potter Mafia

Post by Golf »

Bandwagon after bandwagon?? We have had 3 lynches where there was a large majority vote. One lynched a baddie, Mary, and two have been no lynches. Before that there was a close vote with a lynch switched to a civvie, and a bunch of spread vote civvie lynches.

When like 70% of the people agree that you are bad, then you need to convince us we are wrong and stop complaining about how we are playing. And there has been AWESOME conversation, tons of it. Lots of participating. I don't know what threads you have been playing in if you think this one has been quiet. It hasn't.

You did not answer the question; who do you think is cruising by without the least bit of scrutiny? This is your stated opinion, when you stated it, you must have had at least a few people in mind.

And the Graphorn looks interesting, *votes*
Fractal
sprityo
Chuck
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 60

Post by Chuck »

Look at Malin's voting record. Then look at how, since she saw the writing on the wall or "The way the wind was blowing" as she put it, to draw attention off herself she went after an easy target in myself. Only to find I'm not such an easy target after all.
Celeste
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 120

Post by Celeste »

very peculiar
Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Jack Shephard »

Merga Bien wrote:Bandwagon after bandwagon?? We have had 3 lynches where there was a large majority vote. One lynched a baddie, Mary, and two have been no lynches. Before that there was a close vote with a lynch switched to a civvie, and a bunch of spread vote civvie lynches.
Do not twist what I said. I argued against Anne Whittle's interpretation that you claimed voting in unison saves civs. It does not.

Bishop died in a bandwagon. So did Margaret Pearson. That's two civ lynches from bandwagons. I could've been a third.
Celeste
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Celeste »

alizon what do you make of malin's survival?

i voted for graphorn b/c it sounds like a combination unicorn giraffe
Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Jack Shephard »

Anne Redferne wrote:alizon what do you make of malin's survival?

I see one slight student possibility for it. Outside of that, nothing.
Golf
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Golf »

Alizon Device wrote:
Merga Bien wrote:Bandwagon after bandwagon?? We have had 3 lynches where there was a large majority vote. One lynched a baddie, Mary, and two have been no lynches. Before that there was a close vote with a lynch switched to a civvie, and a bunch of spread vote civvie lynches.
Do not twist what I said. I argued against Anne Whittle's interpretation that you claimed voting in unison saves civs. It does not.

Bishop died in a bandwagon. So did Margaret Pearson. That's two civ lynches from bandwagons. I could've been a third.
I am not twisting what you said. Bishop had 10 of 18 cast. Pearson had 6 out of 13, less than half. So if by "bandwagon" you mean "Majority", well, that is how the Democratic system works. The only baddie lynch we have had we had when we all discussed it in advance, and stuck together to a large extent. Bandwagon =/= automatically equal baddie plot.

Spreading the votes invites baddie manipulation.
Fractal
sprityo
Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Jack Shephard »

Merga Bien wrote:
Alizon Device wrote:

I am not twisting what you said. Bishop had 10 of 18 cast. Pearson had 6 out of 13, less than half. So if by "bandwagon" you mean "Majority", well, that is how the Democratic system works. The only baddie lynch we have had we had when we all discussed it in advance, and stuck together to a large extent. Bandwagon =/= automatically equal baddie plot.

Piling on invites baddie blending, which was entirely my point.

There are three baddies at most in this game of 17. Do you think spreading the vote is something to worry about?
Gunther
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Gunther »

Alizon Device wrote:
Katharina Henot wrote:

There's hardly any talk during the day until the last couple of hours, and then it's bandwagon after bandwagon. People want to spend 42 hours saying nothing and then popping up to vote whichever way the wind is blowing.
yup. You're missing my vote this last lynch. You know what? I work swing shifts all the time and I missed the vote. I'm sorry for that.

I agree with you about how there is little talk till the last hours of the lynch - which given my particular work schedule makes it hard for me to always be around for. How do you suggest we combat this?

You seem to think that particular people are patricularly leading the tread.I'd love to here your thoughts more specific. :)

I guess what I'm saying -is that if your complaint is that there's hardly any talk during the day - let's you and me try to fix that problem. ;)
Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Jack Shephard »

Katharina Henot wrote:
Alizon Device wrote:
Katharina Henot wrote:

yup. You're missing my vote this last lynch. You know what? I work swing shifts all the time and I missed the vote. I'm sorry for that.

I agree with you about how there is little talk till the last hours of the lynch - which given my particular work schedule makes it hard for me to always be around for. How do you suggest we combat this?

You seem to think that particular people are patricularly leading the tread.I'd love to here your thoughts more specific. :)

I guess what I'm saying -is that if your complaint is that there's hardly any talk during the day - let's you and me try to fix that problem. ;)
:srsnod:
Gunther
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Gunther »

Alizon Device wrote:

but you weren't - because somehow you were saved. ;)

And you knew the whole time you weren't going to be lynched didn't you? ;)

There's no fault in admitting that btw. I can see civ reasons for it. But lets be honest here. Your post sounds like fear mongering. Why would you cause more fear when you could make things more clear? That's my problem with you.

I want to work with you - and it seems like you want to work with me. Thow me an olive branch for god's sake! If you are civ - help a sista out. :srsnod: :noble:
Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Jack Shephard »

Katharina Henot wrote:
Alizon Device wrote:

There's no fault in admitting that btw. I can see civ reasons for it. But lets be honest here. Your post sounds like fear mongering. Why would you cause more fear when you could make things more clear? That's my problem with you.

I want to work with you - and it seems like you want to work with me. Thow me an olive branch for god's sake! If you are civ - help a sista out. :srsnod: :noble:
I wasn't saved. I knew I'd live.

I don't think I dealt in any fear mongering, though I don't don't mind doing it to scare baddies.

Do you realize asking me all these questions at Night just gives baddies info?
Golf
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Golf »

Alizon Device wrote:
Merga Bien wrote:
Alizon Device wrote:

There are three baddies at most in this game of 17. Do you think spreading the vote is something to worry about?
I do. With potential secret vote manipulations and punishment votes, someone could get lynched with just a few votes.

Did you know that the day you tried to vote for me, if I could have been voted for, had I been Merga one, if one other person had voted for me, and not Pearson, I would have been lynched? So yeah, 3 baddies with spreadsheets, maybe a secret manipulation or two, and a calculator could run this thread. And, oh, they did the first several days, didn't they?

Malin got 8 of 12 today, which of those people do you think were the blendy baddies, Alizon?

Linki, the baddies already have the info. One baddie team, they know who is not a baddie.
Fractal
sprityo
Spooky Ghost
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 180

Post by Spooky Ghost »

Alizon Device wrote:

I see one student possibility for either you OR Malin.
I don't see a student possibility for you both, though.
Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Jack Shephard »

Merga Bien wrote:
Alizon Device wrote:
Merga Bien wrote:
Alizon Device wrote:

I do. With potential secret vote manipulations and punishment votes, someone could get lynched with just a few votes.

Did you know that the day you tried to vote for me, if I could have been voted for, had I been Merga one, if one other person had voted for me, and not Pearson, I would have been lynched? So yeah, 3 baddies with spreadsheets, maybe a secret manipulation or two, and a calculator could run this thread. And, oh, they did the first several days, didn't they?

Malin got 8 of 12 today, which of those people do you think were the blendy baddies, Alizon?

Linki, the baddies already have the info. One baddie team, they know who is not a baddie.
When you consider all the possibilities, and ask Katharina about her vote, then you can talk to me.

I am sorry your predecessor sucked.

But get over it. Okay?
Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Jack Shephard »

Märet Jonsdotter wrote:
Alizon Device wrote:

There's a slim chance we're both students, but it's lottery level.
Spooky Ghost
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Spooky Ghost »

Alizon Device wrote:
Märet Jonsdotter wrote:
Alizon Device wrote:

There's a slim chance we're both students, but it's lottery level.
So, why should I believe you, then?
Gunther
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Gunther »

alizon divice wrote:
Alizon Device wrote:

When you consider all the possibilities, and ask Katharina about her vote, then you can talk to me.

I am sorry your predecessor sucked.

But get over it. Okay?[/quote]

the bolded bit is the bit I'm responding to.

no - really - now i'm starting to get a little cranky - what exactly about my vote for marga do you want to talk about? just lay it out there or fucking drop it. I made a mistake. I even gave you an out about why that particular vote was *so* weird to you. I gave you the option of all of my questionable posts. But still no details about how my mistake was just the same as your "I'm voting marga because she wanted to look at the civ lynch." My accidental voting was not the SAME as your intentional "I find her suspish because she wants to look back at the civ lynch" when she was just subbing in..

and if you are not on that baddie team - you have not helped the civs at all. I HATE that you are saying that my vote for her and your vote for her are similar and I admit - I FUCKED UP. are you saying you fucked up too? Because I'm not reading that in your posts.

Really - Alzon - either you are a civ and you will lay it on the line for the good of the cause - or you are fear mongering.

I've laid everything I have on the line - because I know I'm civ.

Why are you so worried?
Spooky Ghost
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Spooky Ghost »

Because she isn't :p
Gunther
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Gunther »

Märet Jonsdotter wrote:Because she isn't :p
fair enough but I'd at least like for some time to go buy for me to reasonably think she was reading what I had to say and respond to it. :P
Gunther
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Gunther »

Alizon Device wrote:
Katharina Henot wrote:
Alizon Device wrote:

I wasn't saved. I knew I'd live.

I don't think I dealt in any fear mongering, though I don't don't mind doing it to scare baddies.

Do you realize asking me all these questions at Night just gives baddies info?

also -it's a one team baddie game. They already know who is *not them.* ;)
Golf
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Golf »

My question to you, Alizon, was, which of the 8 Malin voters do you consider to be blendy baddies? Or are you not talking to me?

And re Katharinas vote, the lynch was not switched to me so I have no reason to view it as malicious. You seem to be missing my point re this. It isn't the vote itself I find suspicious, it was the reason for making it.
Fractal
sprityo
Golf
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Golf »

And Edit; it was also not that the vote was for *me*. My point about 2 votes maybe killing me was not about *me* it was about how easy it is to manipulate spread lynches. To be quite honest, had someone made that same vote for YOU, or anyone else, with that reasoning, I would have thought them bad. That it was for someone you specifically must have known had a penalty levied on them was also pingalicious, but the main point for me was that you voted me for wanting to read the words of a dead civvie whole role could have gotten oblique info. No matter WHO made that vote, and no matter for WHOM they made it, I would have voted for them for making it.

It seemed an attempt on your part to lay down the law, as it were.

But again, looking forward to hearing who the blendy baddies were that bandwagoned you and Malin.
Fractal
sprityo
Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Jack Shephard »

Katharina Henot wrote:no - really - now i'm starting to get a little cranky - what exactly about my vote for marga do you want to talk about? just lay it out there or fucking drop it. I made a mistake. I even gave you an out about why that particular vote was *so* weird to you. I gave you the option of all of my questionable posts. But still no details about how my mistake was just the same as your "I'm voting marga because she wanted to look at the civ lynch." My accidental voting was not the SAME as your intentional "I find her suspish because she wants to look back at the civ lynch" when she was just subbing in..

and if you are not on that baddie team - you have not helped the civs at all. I HATE that you are saying that my vote for her and your vote for her are similar and I admit - I FUCKED UP. are you saying you fucked up too? Because I'm not reading that in your posts.

Really - Alzon - either you are a civ and you will lay it on the line for the good of the cause - or you are fear mongering.

I've laid everything I have on the line - because I know I'm civ.

Why are you so worried?
There's no reason to be upset.

If you're not getting what I'm trying to say, then I don't know what else to say. I'm not trying to cast suspicion about you because of your vote.
Katharina Henot wrote:also -it's a one team baddie game. They already know who is *not them.* ;)
That's not the info I'm talking about. They still have to decide who is prudent to eliminate.
Merga Bien wrote:My question to you, Alizon, was, which of the 8 Malin voters do you consider to be blendy baddies? Or are you not talking to me?

And re Katharinas vote, the lynch was not switched to me so I have no reason to view it as malicious. You seem to be missing my point re this. It isn't the vote itself I find suspicious, it was the reason for making it.
I voted Anne Whittle and said why. I don't see why I have to repeat myself. Don't know what you're waiting for.

The lynch was not switched to you when I voted either.
Golf
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Golf »

Which has nothing to do with your reason for making the vote you did.

And you are saying one blendy baddie, Anne W, band wagoned you? You are making sweeping generalizations without backing them up.
Fractal
sprityo
Spooky Ghost
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Spooky Ghost »

Alizon Device wrote:
I voted Anne Whittle and said why. I don't see why I have to repeat myself. Don't know what you're waiting for.
You bring something interesting up.

You are complaining that everyone's coming in at the last minute to vote. Bunch of vote posts, really.

Is that not EXACTLY what you did to Anne Whittle? You literally never mentioned her in a negative way before your vote post. I find that quite interesting indeed that someone who is bemoaning that they are getting attention and people are just coming in to vote them (last lynch), is the same person that stayed much quitter during the main phase of the day period, and then spoke out just to say who they were voting for and why... on someone they never mentioned before.

Sure. Okay.
Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Jack Shephard »

Merga, I'm done talking about my vote for you. If you want to vote for me because of that knock yourself out. :)

Maret, your attempt to paint me as a hypocrite is weak. A number of people are showing up, not contributing to discussion, and just voting the person with the most votes. I voted for someone with no votes (not a bandwagon) based on my own independent reasons. If anything I do will be construed as bad by you and Merga because you both have your minds made up, please let me know. I am not going to exhaust myself answering your endless (and loaded) interrogation when you've decided about me.

In the interest of one defense, I'll just say this~

If I were Malin's teammate, and I knew she would survive, it would make sense for me to lead the charge against her, not have second thoughts.
Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 43

Re: [DAY 5] Harry Potter Mafia

Post by Young Lady »

Katharina Henot wrote:
This was not my case against you Karin. I'm glad you've come back to play with us, but my concerns those may days ago were different. And I notice you didn't pull any of the quotes about how we had had a whole conversation, which when I'd looked your way - you'd been *so* lov posting, I'd completely forgot about. I get low posting as a strategy. I do really. But when I had a conversation with you and I forgot you were playing, I get a bit worried. Nor did you actually pull any of the comments I *actually made* about you. Rather than just bring my name up and gloss over me for saying "her argument was low poster." - Color me crazy for being worried you are the baddie flying under the radar - but it is what it is. I will ask you this - if the tables were turned and you were in my spot and I was in yours would you think anything different than what I think about you now?

During the day that the talk of low posters came up - I went back and read all the posts of the low posters. And of all the low posters - your posts at that time gave me the biggest eye raise. Again because we had a whole conversation - and I forgot you were playing. I'll look forward to seeing what you have to say now that you are talking more. :) And if you feel like looking back at what I actually said about you - and replying to any of that. I'd be more than willing to listen. :)
To be fair, I didn't have time to read back on you before the poll ended. I only had time to read Maret and use the post or yours that she quoted. I will go back and read you today. I'm sorry you forgot I was playing :/. I have felt that way about low posters before (forgot they were playing), but it doesn't necessarily make me think they are bad b/c of it. I have a very busy life with work and school and other responsibilities. I understand others may as well. Doesn't mean they are bad. But that doesn't mean they aren't bad. Therefore, I don't think you can use low posting to determine a players status. I think you have to look at other things....who they voted for, what they DO say in the thread, etc.

I still have not looked at all your posts yet, but I wanted to respond to this one first. I will be doing a LOT of reading this night period and gathering my thoughts to be ready for discussion in the Day.
Alizon Device wrote:

What civ role would that be?

*voted unicorn*
Supervisor
Spooky Ghost
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Spooky Ghost »

Alizon Device wrote:Merga, I'm done talking about my vote for you. If you want to vote for me because of that knock yourself out. :)

Maret, your attempt to paint me as a hypocrite is weak. A number of people are showing up, not contributing to discussion, and just voting the person with the most votes. I voted for someone with no votes (not a bandwagon) based on my own independent reasons. If anything I do will be construed as bad by you and Merga because you both have your minds made up, please let me know. I am not going to exhaust myself answering your endless (and loaded) interrogation when you've decided about me.

In the interest of one defense, I'll just say this~

If I were Malin's teammate, and I knew she would survive, it would make sense for me to lead the charge against her, not have second thoughts.
Alizon, I think one of you is bad, not both... or I don't find it likely it would be both. Which one? Not sure.

Karin, out of curiosity, who are you looking at? Still me?
Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Young Lady »

Märet Jonsdotter wrote:
Karin, out of curiosity, who are you looking at? Still me?
I think it is possible you are bad. But like I said...I am using "tonight" to form some more opinions. I have today and tomorrow off from work, so I am focusing on Mafia :)

You'll hear more from me later.
Supervisor
Phoebe Buffay
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 82

Post by Phoebe Buffay »

A Person wrote:
Day 7

No one has been lynched.
:|

Lots of discussion tonight, we have some feisty witches in here. I keep flip flopping on Alizon. She is someone I plan on rereading soon, especially re: her connection to Malin and whether or not that connection exists. I see a way that they could both be civs but I have to see if it's something I think is likely. I do think at least one of them is bad, Malin is the one that I've been more convinced of so far. I'm glad Karin has joined us, I look forward to hearing her thoughts.

Merga I see what you're saying now about Alizon's vote for you and I agree her reason for voting you that day was horribly thought out. But I think the mafia was content that day with the Margaret Pearson lynch, why would Alizon (a Death eater in this scenario) try to swing the lynch your way instead, and with such a lame reason that she likely wasn't going to get any support behind it, and you couldn't be lynched anyway? That's the problem I see with those events, I don't see the baddie benefit for Alizon's actions, but like I said I need to reread her. But I agree that in general that is the kind of behavior we need to be watching out for. It would be easy for the mafia to control the lynch if we don't stick together. Hopefully with more discussion like we've had tonight, we'll be able to reach a consensus together.

What is a graphorn? Is it as beautiful, majestic and badass as a unicorn?
Celeste
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Celeste »

it is exactly as beautiful and majestic as a unicorn *_*
Celeste
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Celeste »

that picture was bigger than expected
Larry David
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 53

Post by Larry David »

oh wow that looks like a mean creature.

I was going to post "this ^" referring to the last part of Jane's post where she points out the vote by Alizon doesn't seem on the face of it to have a baddie purpose or benefit. I'm still leaning civ on Alizon but I am still leaning baddie on Malin. I'm undecided on Karin but the more she talks the more comfortable I'm getting with her.

That picture has made my decision easy. I'm picking unicorn.
Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account

Re: [DAY 5] Harry Potter Mafia

Post by Jack Shephard »

Karin Svensdotter wrote:
Alizon Device wrote:

What civ role would that be?
I can't really think of a way to express this that wouldn't land me in Azkaban, and I'd rather hear from Malin before saying anything further.
Operator
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 131

Post by Operator »

I almost didn't log in today as I assumed I would be dead. I'm pleased to find otherwise. Voted Graphorn.
Management
Spooky Ghost
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Spooky Ghost »

Malin Matsdotter wrote:I almost didn't log in today as I assumed I would be dead. I'm pleased to find otherwise. Voted Graphorn.
So you didn't know you'd survive?
A Person
Loan Shark

Post by A Person »

Resurrection Stone Event

If you are interested in participating, please join this chatzy room within half an hour.
Spooky Ghost
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Spooky Ghost »

I won't be available the whole time
but hey
it's worth a shot
Operator
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Operator »

Märet Jonsdotter wrote:
Malin Matsdotter wrote:I almost didn't log in today as I assumed I would be dead. I'm pleased to find otherwise. Voted Graphorn.
No. I wasn't lying when I said that as far as I know I have but one life to give for my school.
Management
Spooky Ghost
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Spooky Ghost »

Malin Matsdotter wrote:
Märet Jonsdotter wrote:
No. I wasn't lying when I said that as far as I know I have but one life to give for my school.
Any clue on how you did now?
Lizzy
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 67

Re: [POLLS] Harry Potter Mafia

Post by Lizzy »

Night 7

What is your favorite Ancient Rune?

Poll runs till Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:49 am
You may select 1 option

Unicorn
Alice Nutter (1), Märet Jonsdotter (2), Anna Koldings (4), Barbara Kollerin (8), Katharina Henot (9), Karin Svensdotter (10), Jane Southworth (11), Margarethe Reinberg (12)
62%

Graphorn
Sarah Good (3), Merga Bien (5), Anne Redferne (6), Alizon Device (7), Malin Matsdotter (13)
38%

Total votes : 13
Operator
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Operator »

Märet Jonsdotter wrote:
Malin Matsdotter wrote:
Märet Jonsdotter wrote:
Any clue on how you did now?
If I knew, I would tell you. If I find out, you'll be the first to know.
Management
A Person
Loan Shark

Post by A Person »

Resurrection Stone Event

The Resurrection Stone has been claimed. The number was 14, but the game was won by process of elimination.
Lizzy
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 67

Post by Lizzy »

Night 7: Bloody Hell

With no recent deaths, the witches decided to have a bit of fun. They grabbed some of the school’s old brooms and headed to the Quidditch pitch. It was a beautiful day for a change; the sun was finally free to shine away on that superb blue October sky. Laughing and cheering, the group split: some went to the stands to watch their colleagues play, the others mounted their brooms, released the balls, and rose high, high into the air. As one of the keepers, Margarethe was flying around the goalposts squinting her eyes in search for any in coming Quaffle or Buldger. In the distance Barbara was approaching her at high speed, narrowly missing a Buldger sent her way by Anna. With a spectacular dive Margarethe managed an amazing save. Quaffle high in her hand, she bowed her head at the small crowd’s frantic applause. Even Barb in front of her was impressed and gave her a thumbs-up. As she turned away to resume her position, she heard the crow grasp and then witnessed chaos ensuing. Wondering what on earth had happened this time, she felt something wet and warm running down her cheek. She raised a trembling hand, and what she saw next generated a deafening scream that reached the whistle register: blood with small bits of flesh in it. She turned towards where she last saw Margarethe, but there was no-one flying around the goalposts anymore. Instead, her blooded broom was gleaming merrily in the rays of the sun. She screamed again, but this time she lost control of the broom which threw her off, and before she could realise what was going on, she was lying on the pitch with a broken neck and spine. In all that kerfuffle, Anna managed to land safely and joined her colleagues who were now staring at Barbara’s dead body, some of them having bits of Margarethe on their robes, faces or in their hair. Then, a flash of green light, and Anna collapsed lifelessly on one of her peers. The Quidditch pitch looked like a set from a horror film: it now held two dead bodies and fragments from a third. It was a beautiful day. The sun was shining on a superb October sky.

Margarethe Reinberg has been killed by a mysterious disintegrating curse.
Barbara Kollerin died of non-magical causes.
Anna Koldings has been killed by Voldemort and the Death Eaters.

It is now Day 8. You have 48 hours to find a culprit.
Larry David
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 53

Re: [DAY 8] Harry Potter Mafia

Post by Larry David »

Thank you for the fun game Lizzy and A Person!
Golf
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Golf »

Jane Southworth wrote:
A Person wrote:
Day 7

No one has been lynched.
:|

Lots of discussion tonight, we have some feisty witches in here. I keep flip flopping on Alizon. She is someone I plan on rereading soon, especially re: her connection to Malin and whether or not that connection exists. I see a way that they could both be civs but I have to see if it's something I think is likely. I do think at least one of them is bad, Malin is the one that I've been more convinced of so far. I'm glad Karin has joined us, I look forward to hearing her thoughts.

Merga I see what you're saying now about Alizon's vote for you and I agree her reason for voting you that day was horribly thought out. But I think the mafia was content that day with the Margaret Pearson lynch, why would Alizon (a Death eater in this scenario) try to swing the lynch your way instead, and with such a lame reason that she likely wasn't going to get any support behind it, and you couldn't be lynched anyway? That's the problem I see with those events, I don't see the baddie benefit for Alizon's actions, but like I said I need to reread her. But I agree that in general that is the kind of behavior we need to be watching out for. It would be easy for the mafia to control the lynch if we don't stick together. Hopefully with more discussion like we've had tonight, we'll be able to reach a consensus together.
I dunno, maybe she did not want to vote for Margaret P (Mary did not vote for her either, and voted after Alizon did). You know, "I knew she was not bad :noble: ". We've all done it as baddies, yes? It was a throwaway vote for a horrendous reason, and her reaction to suspicion has been evasion and anger; calling US out for our gameplay for suspectiong her for reasons she thinks suck, etc.

I would be most happy with an Alizon lynch, she is twisting like a pretzel and evading like a shadow. But I also think Malin is bad.

Linki w/hosts, oh wow. Bye ladies. I hope a civvie got the stone.
Fractal
sprityo

Return to “Previous Jobs”