Coronavirus Mafia [ENDGAME]

What's the craic?

Poll ended at Mon May 04, 2020 12:23 am

This is REAL wrestling: no gimmicks.
17%
Who are you again?: all players must open the day with an in character post.
No votes
Hey, that’s the other game!: everyone must post a post that rhymes for their vote to count. Or a haiku. Something poemy.
33%
All I want is some ice cream: after the phase, all players get ice cream. (hosts and dead peeps etc.)
50%

Total votes: 6
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 430
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Re: Coronavirus Mafia [Day 1]

Post by Tangrowth »

112 wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:28 pm
M Plus 7 wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:24 pm Alright, I'm saying fuck it to tinfoil for now. 112, nutella, juliets, Hyena, speed -- I think I trust the lot of you for now. Whom should I consider voting and why?

I suspect sig but he's... so sig that I just ehhh, I don't want to do that I think. What should I do?
This is a good early core.

I think long conversation is a pretty good deepwolf candidate and should be looked at

Ddl is probably just mafia and idk why we're all giving him a pass

Nano is a decent vote but might not be the best, just the best one I can come up with

Not discussing 1/0 posters

MR is an ok candidate whom I'm not sure of either way but gave a townlean to for reasons that may or may not hold up to my own scrutiny tomorrow
I'm sort of taking meta into consideration for DDL and I could see the exhaustion thing easily coming from town DDL, and I liked some of his fire in my gut, but I also see where you're coming from so I'm given a bit of pause.

What makes you think that about LC?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:30 pm
M Plus 7 wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:18 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:11 pm Tbh I’m not even that convinced radishes flips mafia but if he does I’m looking at 112 next
I hate these kinds of posts because they display a visible agenda. nutella just did the same thing in D1 of that heist we just played, Nanook.
I mean...sure, fair. I guess I’d argue there’s a difference “if x flips town I’m looking at Y” and “if x flips mafia I’m looking at y”?

Although tbh I’m probably just looking at 112 no matter what 🤷‍♀️
Tell me more.
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 89

Post by 112 »

There's probably scum in Jack/Wilgy. They're players who have posted but only leave blanks in my mind.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Hyena wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:31 pm
M Plus 7 wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:24 pm Alright, I'm saying fuck it to tinfoil for now. 112, nutella, juliets, Hyena, speed -- I think I trust the lot of you for now. Whom should I consider voting and why?

I suspect sig but he's... so sig that I just ehhh, I don't want to do that I think. What should I do?
If not 112, then probably Tony. Him joining the Sig wagon after it started growing kinda sealed the deal for me. He also placed a vote for Speedchuck earlier that I didn't like, and when I asked him about it, he gave me a pretty meh response (Tony: "He's felt disengenuous to me"). On top of that, I don't feel like he tried to do anything during the first half of D1. In the second half, I completely lost track of him. He doesn't have any kind of thread presence from my perspective.
Hmmm... you and I need to talk more about reads because we're opposed. That's intriguing.

I actually like your take on Tony here, thanks for this. Maybe I'll ISO him real fast.
Loan Shark

Post by 112 »

M Plus 7 wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:33 pm

I think long conversation is a pretty good deepwolf candidate and should be looked at

Nano is a decent vote but might not be the best, just the best one I can come up with

MR is an ok candidate whom I'm not sure of either way but gave a townlean to for reasons that may or may not hold up to my own scrutiny tomorrow
I'm sort of taking meta into consideration for DDL and I could see the exhaustion thing easily coming from town DDL, and I liked some of his fire in my gut, but I also see where you're coming from so I'm given a bit of pause.

He's perimeter in a way to me- seems more involved than he really is imo
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

112 wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:31 pm Nute could still be right about mplus but I honestly don't think anyone gets as angry as he did in a contest like this unless he's town.

That towncore post had an awful tone fwiw and it's what sparked this post.
I find this intriguing, but perhaps it's a conversation you and I should have later and not now.
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 540
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:30 pm
M Plus 7 wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:18 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:11 pm Tbh I’m not even that convinced radishes flips mafia but if he does I’m looking at 112 next
I hate these kinds of posts because they display a visible agenda. nutella just did the same thing in D1 of that heist we just played, Nanook.
I mean...sure, fair. I guess I’d argue there’s a difference “if x flips town I’m looking at Y” and “if x flips mafia I’m looking at y”?

Although tbh I’m probably just looking at 112 no matter what 🤷‍♀️
Tell me more.
The way they’ve been handling radishes and me feels pretty bad to me. Like, I really dislike the progression on radishes, it feels like a really good way for scum112 to handle them regardless of his alignment, and then finding reasons to keep pushing me for...really no apparent reason as far as I’ve seen? Feels like they’re just trying to get me out of the game.

I’m aware this is partly an egotistical read.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

112 wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:34 pm There's probably scum in Jack/Wilgy. They're players who have posted but only leave blanks in my mind.
An interesting point, and Jack has more posts than Wilgy easily too, right? That's something notable.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

[VOTE: Jackofhearts2005] aubergine
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 452
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

Lol [VOTE: Sig] aubergine
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Thanks for answering, Nanook.

Looking into Tony ISO now.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Might as well ISO Jack too.
Hyena
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 370
Preferred Pronouns: Any pronouns work!

Post by Hyena »

112 wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:34 pm There's probably scum in Jack/Wilgy. They're players who have posted but only leave blanks in my mind.
If either of them flip mafia, I'd probably take a hard look at Nanook for picking out Poison Chan to go after of all the low-posters.
Loan Shark

Post by 112 »

M Plus 7 wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:35 pm
112 wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:31 pm Nute could still be right about mplus but I honestly don't think anyone gets as angry as he did in a contest like this unless he's town.

That towncore post had an awful tone fwiw and it's what sparked this post.
I find this intriguing, but perhaps it's a conversation you and I should have later and not now.
Agree- I'm just going to townread you for now
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Well that’s an unfortunate crossvote. Part of why I voted Sig was two townreads on the wagon and now one is voting me.
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 243
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

If not 112, then probably Tony. Him joining the Sig wagon after it started growing kinda sealed the deal for me. He also placed a vote for Speedchuck earlier that I didn't like, and when I asked him about it, he gave me a pretty meh response (Tony: "He's felt disengenuous to me"). On top of that, I don't feel like he tried to do anything during the first half of D1. In the second half, I completely lost track of him. He doesn't have any kind of thread presence from my perspective.
I didn't like that speedchuck vote either and I agree with your point about thread presence. Maybe I'm not voting him for the wrong reason (the fact that I just lost a game by voting him and I feel bad about it.)
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Hyena wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:38 pm
If either of them flip mafia, I'd probably take a hard look at Nanook for picking out Poison Chan to go after of all the low-posters.
Poison likely won’t post at all. Jack almost certainly will. Tbh I forgot wilgy was in the game so that’s fair enough.
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sun Apr 19, 2020 11:26 pm
Hyena wrote: Sun Apr 19, 2020 11:03 pm @TonyStarkPrime talk to me about Speedchuck. You have a vote on them right now.
He's felt disengenuous to me
This is probably my least favorite Tony post just reading the ISO real fast. Can you expand on this, Tony?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Holy shit, Jack has 24 posts?
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

M Plus 7 wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:38 pm Might as well ISO Jack too.
Don’t bother. I can self confirm.
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

112 wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:35 pm

He's perimeter in a way to me- seems more involved than he really is imo
I'll relent that he has faded into the background ever since he placed that vote on Nanook. Both Nanook and I were voting for him for the longest time.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 385

Post by nutella »

Ok
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

It is sort of weird that LC had a joke wagon of 3 votes on him but hasn't received any serious pressure.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

And I realize I was one of those votes, lol.

Jack ISO is... hmmmm. Not really sure what to make of it tbh.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Fuck it maybe I will just sheep one of you all.
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

nutella wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:41 pm

Ok
Ok as in you agree? Or ok as in you're acknowledging my post? :P
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

M Plus 7 wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:42 pm It is sort of weird that LC had a joke wagon of 3 votes on him but hasn't received any serious pressure.
What? I tried pressuring him. He was just really uncooperative when I tried working with him. It felt like I was pulling teeth trying to get info out of him. I think I even mentioned this somewhere in the thread.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

This is totally illogical and I'm probably being an idiot, but I'm hesitant to lynch MR because we've never played together before.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Hyena wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:45 pm
M Plus 7 wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:42 pm It is sort of weird that LC had a joke wagon of 3 votes on him but hasn't received any serious pressure.
What? I tried pressuring him. He was just really uncooperative when I tried working with him. It felt like I was pulling teeth trying to get info out of him. I think I even mentioned this somewhere in the thread.
Yeah I mean I think you were the only one unless I remember correctly. Not sure how much pressure one vote/person counts as.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

[VOTE: Long Con] aubergine

Trying to create wagons because I'm insane
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

He eventually did something that I liked of course, even if I don't remember it at the moment. Otherwise, my vote would still be on them right now.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

I will sort of hate myself is sig actually is scum here and I don't follow through because to be honest he's the closest thing I have to a scum read.

Hmmmm.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

yeah
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Hey nutella what do you want to do
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

M Plus 7 wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:46 pm [VOTE: Long Con] aubergine

I don't mind people trying to create wagons so close to EoD, but like... Long Con? After I spent a lot of D1 voting him and trying to push him? Why didn't this wagon happen sooner, when both Nanook and I were still wagoning him?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Hyena wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:49 pm
M Plus 7 wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:46 pm [VOTE: Long Con] aubergine

I don't mind people trying to create wagons so close to EoD, but like... Long Con? After I spent a lot of D1 voting him and trying to push him? Why didn't this wagon happen sooner, when both Nanook and I were still wagoning him?
Are you asking why I didn't start it sooner? Because... I wasn't here and at that point with my reads? Lol.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

I don't know. I feels bad man about lynching MR even if I shouldn't.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Let's make the magic happen again. [VOTE: jackofhearts2005theunlynchable] aubergine
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:41 pm
Also, I saw this, and I'm going to take your word for it for now.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

[VOTE: M Plus 7] aubergine

What about that MP7 guy he's the worst
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 109
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

I remember that, it was right before I explained how that feeling was incorrect, due to the fact that I wasn't being obstinate, rather I was unaware of information that you felt was important. Specifically, that Nanook had also voted for me though I had only mentioned two of my voters at the time. There were no teeth to pull, only bridges to build.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

nutella wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:50 pm Let's make the magic happen again. [VOTE: jackofhearts2005theunlynchable] aubergine
Okay fuck it, I'm in this.

[VOTE: Jackofhearts2005] aubergine
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

M Plus 7 wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:50 pm I don't know. I feels bad man about lynching MR even if I shouldn't.
How about Tony?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Hyena wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:50 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:41 pm
Also, I saw this, and I'm going to take your word for it for now.
Why?
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 195
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

Tempted to vote Jack just to prevent him from bragging he's unlynchable.

It’s times like this that I hate not having auto-refresh 😒
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Hyena wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:51 pm
M Plus 7 wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:50 pm I don't know. I feels bad man about lynching MR even if I shouldn't.
How about Tony?
I could probably do that but my gut said he was sort of town before I ISO'd him and you said that thing, so there's a bit of resistance internally. Maybe it's because I feel LHF possibility or something.

I'm open to it though, for sure.

Fuck me how are there only <10 mins left, ahhhhh
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 195
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

I haven't even talked about him all day and barely no one did though, so this is dumb.
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

Long Con wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:51 pm
I remember that, it was right before I explained how that feeling was incorrect, due to the fact that I wasn't being obstinate, rather I was unaware of information that you felt was important. Specifically, that Nanook had also voted for me though I had only mentioned two of my voters at the time. There were no teeth to pull, only bridges to build.
Oh, right, yeah. Either way, I like you more now than I did then. :P
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 109
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Anyway, I have a video chat 4/20 meeting with some friends right at 10, so I won't be here till the nitty-gritty. Now's a great time to Fire drill me (what was the new term we decided on?) because I won't be here, and that's always a fun game.

I like my vote where it is, it's like a support pillar holding up an easy alternate lynch.

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”