Banjo-Kazooie Mafia [GAME OVER]

Moderator: Community Team

How do you feel about the Racket game type?

This will be my preferred type.
17%
It seems cool.
42%
I see the appeal, but it's not for me.
42%
I don't like the idea.
No votes
Other somehow
No votes

Total votes: 12
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 226
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Re: Banjo-Kazooie Mafia [Day 4]

Post by Sloonei »

I targeted G-man to prove my role to him.

I’m 0 for 3.
My banners:
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Russtifinko
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 82
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Re: Banjo-Kazooie Mafia [Day 3]

Post by Russtifinko »

Well, I thought I posted this when I was on earlier today, but apparently it didn't go through.
dunya wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 9:15 amdid you read the thread? everyone i iso'd individually made me feel worse about TH tbh, starting with sloonei's iso of nutella. i have no doubt in my mind they are bad now. and i'm pretty sold on you being their teammate. if jack had flipped bad, TH coulda been good.
Turnip Head wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 10:43 amI feel like I let dunya down somehow cuz she did a complete 180 on me. Dunya what did I do?
Clearly I have read the thread, and clearly I'm not the only person confused about where this came from.

Calling it now: baddies are dunya/Speed. I now think dunya was buddying TH and is flipping on him now that victory is in sight.

Since then: RIP G-Man. dunya's sudden flip on TH feels to me like a baddie lashing out, and her reasoning for it is weak. TH "hasn't done anything" lately?? Why are you being dismissive of TH now? Where's the dunya who reached out to TH when they were getting frustrated and felt like no one was hearing them and said "I hear you?"

It feels like scum dunya has realized if she can lead a mislynch today she wins, so she moved to flip on the easiest remaining townie to mislynch and can't come up with a reason to justify it. With Sloon and DDL confirmed, Speed being her teammate, and her suspicion of me not taking off, TH is her only option left.

dunya wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 5:46 pm It's funny if we look at nutella russti and TH. They've all scum read 1 of them and townread 2.
If you're trying to make a point, make it. Are you saying the baddie move is to townread yourself and one teammate and scum read the other? If so, what did your GTH with Speed and nutella look like? This is being presented as helpful analysis, but it's just weak shade hoping someone else picks it up and runs with it.

FWIW, I also don't buy the fake "if I'm gone after tonight" bit. The POE for today is 4 people, max, and dunya knew she was one of them. No baddie in their right minds kills her last night. Trying to act like a worried civ.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Russtifinko
Money Launderer

Post by Russtifinko »

I want to note too that dunya and Speed both independently brought up MYLO unprompted in recent posts. Still not totally sure that's the case, but I think they realized it overnight and are going all out now, and that explains her change in behavior.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
dunya
GOAT Whisperer
Posts in topic: 206

Post by dunya »

You seemed like you had your head on straight the first few phases and you've really sort of lost your cool and you seem very... insulated. Like you're not talking TO anyone anymore, you're talking AT us, if that makes sense.

[mention]Turnip Head[/mention]

No, it doesn't make sense. Where am I talking at u?
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Y'all sweating cos you don't know my role. You should be ;)
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

I can prove my role, can u prove yours Russti?
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

[VOTE: TH] aubergine

I'm busy tonite. See y all tomorrow.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 166
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

We should at least massclaim characters, imo. Not abilities though (and for God's sake, not how you obtain jiggies!"

I'm one of those 3 protagonists I mentioned earlier and I'd like to see the other 2.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I'm supposed to be able to hand out a random 1-shot item each night. I have failed to deliver a single item.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I'm Mumbo Jumbo.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

i'm gnawty.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

and i am certain now russti and TH are bad. russti has this amazing ability to project badness into your posts. i have never seen it before since golden. very impressive stuff. i'll probably go into more depth about why these 2 are teammates, but i bet my goat on it.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

actually [VOTE: Russti] aubergine. enough of your huffy, puffy *chest flexing* posts. :p

cos TH is my soulmate even tho they had to betray me this game, at least they didn't kill me <3
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Turnip Head wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 6:25 pm If you're not bad, then it has to be Russti and speed right?
yes, talk to me about russti.

i'm keeping an open mind, really. i will see how russti fits as speed's teammate and as yours.

can u claim your role at some point?
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 156
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

dunya wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 8:14 pm
Turnip Head wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 6:25 pm If you're not bad, then it has to be Russti and speed right?

i'm keeping an open mind, really. i will see how russti fits as speed's teammate and as yours.

I don't really think Russti is bad. He doesn't appear to have an agenda outside the town agenda.

I'm Leaky, the broken bucket
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Turnip Head wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 11:10 pm
dunya wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 8:14 pm

I don't really think Russti is bad. He doesn't appear to have an agenda outside the town agenda.

I'm Leaky, the broken bucket
What's your POE?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Top tier bad
Dunya

Mid tier
Speedchuck

Slim chance
Sloonei
Russtifinko

No chance
DDL
TH
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I will need to be sold on Dunya being a slam dunk mafioso. I will also need to be sold on Russtifinko having a slim chance by comparison.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Sloonei wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 11:20 pm I will need to be sold on Dunya being a slam dunk mafioso. I will also need to be sold on Russtifinko having a slim chance by comparison.
Well for starters, Rustti isn't trying to get me lynched. In my PoE that makes him check out.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Turnip Head wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 11:43 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 11:20 pm I will need to be sold on Dunya being a slam dunk mafioso. I will also need to be sold on Russtifinko having a slim chance by comparison.
Well for starters, Rustti isn't trying to get me lynched. In my PoE that makes him check out.
Why should a civilian Russtifinko give Turnip Head a pass on Day 4 of Banjo-Kazooie Mafia when we are in MYLO?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Sloonei wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 11:57 pm
Why should a civilian Russtifinko give Turnip Head a pass on Day 4 of Banjo-Kazooie Mafia when we are in MYLO?
He's not giving me a pass, he's gamesolving. Why wouldn't baddie Russ take my lynch in stride? Unless me and Russ are partners, but we both (me and Russti) know that isn't true from our POVs
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Is dunya not trying to solve the game?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Sloonei wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 12:17 am Is dunya not trying to solve the game?
She is, just for the baddies lol :scared:
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Should we No Lynch and go to Lylo?
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

so you only suspect people who suspect you?

you know what, i woke up thinking in the event russti is town, it makes sense why TH is going for me. they know russti has been against me since day 0, so if they and speed vote me and they feel confident russti humors them, then that's 3 on me at least. makes sense.

i still think russti and th are more likely, but if it is TH and speed, then i am their best shot at getting at least 3 votes on me. so hard. i hate these moments.

and no, no lynch is bad. all the mafia will do is kill ddl or sloonei and we're in an even worse predicament.

[VOTE: TH] aubergine cos they are the one im sure of. they don't even want to try and figure me out, and are town reading russti openly where they put them on the same level of towniness as sloonei lol. just feels very inauthentic.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Think about it this way dunya. I'm town, so the fact that Russti doesn't want to lynch me puts him in my town PoE, because if he was bad he'd want to lynch me and win the game.

It's actually funny if you think about it, because Russti was the one eyeing me earlier for my contributions (or lack thereof) while still in my town core, and you were giving me a town card based on "I see you" but my trust in you was more hopeful than anything else. And now that we are close to endgame, you've 180'd your read and pushing my lynch, while Russ is considering things more deliberately. This is what makes Russ look good and you look bad from my PoV.

And I am town, so you not wanting to work with me here makes me suspect you heavily. I know I am town and so someone pushing me as hard as you are does not feel town to me, because at Mylo town should be looking for the bad guys and not pushing a mislynch of a townie.

I don't only suspect people who suspect me, usually. That's related to the game state where there's only 6 of us left and only a few possible outcomes of this lynch... and your desired outcome for this lynch will cause town to lose the game, and you're not acting very cautiously about that fact.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 53

Post by speedchuck »

Turnip Head wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 6:25 pm
dunya wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 5:17 pm You watched as we battled going back and forth over speed and Jack.

When TH flips bad, there might be a stronger argument that speed is his teammate but pls don't ignore Russ. Please give him the full attention he deserves.
I wouldn't say that's true, yesterday I tried to get MP lynched and he pooped out little post pebbles until his butt was sore, and then he ran out of posts and roleclaimed.

I didn't really want to lynch either of speed or Jack, but I preferred a Jack lynch to a speed lynch, and I was at work for the last 7 hours of the lynch so I spoke my peace when I could.

The way you're attacking me here though dunya makes me uneasy. You seemed like you had your head on straight the first few phases and you've really sort of lost your cool and you seem very... insulated. Like you're not talking TO anyone anymore, you're talking AT us, if that makes sense. I'm not sure what's changed but it definitely makes me trust you less.

Idk if you're bad or not, but I am most certainly GOOD, so I need you to work with me if we have any hope of winning this for town.

Again let's consider that I'm GOOD, and you should surely view yourself as town as well. Where do we go from here? Who do we interrogate? If you're not bad, then it has to be Russti and speed right? DDL is cleared and Sloonei is all but cleared, though I will have to look back and remember exactly why he's cleared.

The small amount of players left makes me think you ARE bad dunya, but I don't want that to be true. However I still plan on doing my due diligence and see how you interacted with nutella as well as how you may have interacted with any other potential baddies that are left who are obviously not me. I plan on doing this for everyone else left alive too, so I'm not singling you out. We all deserve intense scrutiny, but we need to keep our heads on straight so we make the right call.
Playing devil's advocate here (referring to dunya talking AT you) her posts were directed at the thread in case she died to the nightkill...
Which actually makes no sense.
[mention]dunya[/mention] why did you think you would be nightkilled last night if you were in the POE?
Turnip Head wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 11:06 am Should we No Lynch and go to Lylo?
Only if we need more time. The POE likely wouldn't get narrowed by a single kill, since it's already narrowed down.
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

I'm Clanker btw.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

cos of my role. it has little purpose to be used in the early game, but now it has more purpose. so are you all caught up with the thread [mention]speedchuck[/mention] ?

[mention]Turnip Head[/mention] here's a funny thing. "I'm town, so the fact that Russti wants to lynch me puts him in my scum PoE, because if he was bad he'd want to lynch me and win the game." ;)
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

dunya wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 12:54 pm cos of my role. it has little purpose to be used in the early game, but now it has more purpose. so are you all caught up with the thread @speedchuck ?
Apparently not.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

damn it [mention]Dragon D. Luffy[/mention] and [mention]Sloonei[/mention] please come in and help me. the wolves are attacking me.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

[mention]dunya[/mention] I don't see a claim in your ISO. Wtf are you talking about.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

speedchuck wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 1:03 pm @dunya I don't see a claim in your ISO. Wtf are you talking about.
why would i claim before i use my role, silly? ;) i'll use it today tho. just gotta figure out who i suspect mostest and get input from my buds ddl and sloonei.

i should be like, isoing russ and th and you, but i really just dont feel like playing that way today atm so im not.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

dunya wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 1:06 pm
speedchuck wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 1:03 pm @dunya I don't see a claim in your ISO. Wtf are you talking about.
why would i claim before i use my role, silly? ;) i'll use it today tho. just gotta figure out who i suspect mostest and get input from my buds ddl and sloonei.

i should be like, isoing russ and th and you, but i really just dont feel like playing that way today atm so im not.
Then your reason for being all like 'Oh no the mafia might gonna kill me tonight, here are some final reads and directions' is complete bullshit.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

please don't be too obvious in what i said was gonna happen, speedy. like, try to mask it a little bit even. you know, try to show us that you're actually reading other people too maybe. like you weighed it hard and decided im bad. it was a heavy decision on you, etc.

i always do final reads at night. not to be egoistical, but i'm often night killed cos i'm so good. :p
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

dunya wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 1:18 pm please don't be too obvious in what i said was gonna happen, speedy. like, try to mask it a little bit even. you know, try to show us that you're actually reading other people too maybe. like you weighed it hard and decided im bad. it was a heavy decision on you, etc.

i always do final reads at night. not to be egoistical, but i'm often night killed cos i'm so good. :p
So this is a NO U, and then a different answer than I got last time. Okay.

I just got back to the thread and this was the first ping I picked up on. So I pursued it. I'm not trying to be theatrical or to look good, and I'm not done yet.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

dunya wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 1:06 pm

Why would your role get you nightkilled before you’d claimed?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

its not really a different answer, i have a role and i've been mum about it. ddl is clearly a 1-shot vig, and from what i understood is that sloonei's role gives extra posts (if what MP got was from sloonei). g-man was predictable, i guess, but it if he was barking up the wrong tree (sloonei), i felt like i could have been the unknown threat to them. it makes sense in my head, sorry if i that seems weird, but it's authentic.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

dunya wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 1:30 pm its not really a different answer, i have a role and i've been mum about it. ddl is clearly a 1-shot vig, and from what i understood is that sloonei's role gives extra posts (if what MP got was from sloonei). g-man was predictable, i guess, but it if he was barking up the wrong tree (sloonei), i felt like i could have been the unknown threat to them. it makes sense in my head, sorry if i that seems weird, but it's authentic.
MP got nothing from me. No one ever said he did. My role has not given anything to anyone this game.

Can you tell us what your role does now?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

ok, sorry, i misunderstood your role then because MP got posts from somewhere/someone and thanked them in the thread...ddl even asked (you) to not get any lol. and i know he wasn't rhyming so someone did give them to him. if that's another role, i think it's worth claiming now.

i have a double vote. my vote counts as two. useful in mylo and lylo, although it's out in the open now.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

dunya wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 1:51 pm i have a double vote. my vote counts as two. useful in mylo and lylo, although it's out in the open now.
If this is true, I don't think it would be a scum ability in this game. Especially if it's unconditional, and with the balance our host was talking about. Can't chance verifying it, obviously, but it's a good claim.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 9:47 am So apparently there's a role giving jiggies to people?

Please don't give any jiggies to me, I have way more of them than I'll ever need.

Give them to the slooneis and dunyas of this game, they'll literally wither if they don't post like crazy.
M Plus 7 wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 1:51 pm Thank you so much to whoever gave me the Jiggies by the way. I can't post like this (my natural state) without you.

I need to really do more work anyway, I'll be back.
i had to check that i wasn't dreaming this up. someone gave MP a jiggy and it wasn't sloonei. who did??
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

A double vote would definitely never be a scum role, but I also don't think we can verify it.
I also don't think Mr Host would allow it to work at lylo.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

dunya wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 2:02 pm
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 9:47 am So apparently there's a role giving jiggies to people?

Please don't give any jiggies to me, I have way more of them than I'll ever need.

Give them to the slooneis and dunyas of this game, they'll literally wither if they don't post like crazy.
M Plus 7 wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 1:51 pm Thank you so much to whoever gave me the Jiggies by the way. I can't post like this (my natural state) without you.

I need to really do more work anyway, I'll be back.
i had to check that i wasn't dreaming this up. someone gave MP a jiggy and it wasn't sloonei. who did??
He was modkilled because he revealed that the jiggies were actually part of his role.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Turnip Head wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 6:41 pm
Russtifinko wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 6:36 pm Linki: TH, argue with DDL all you want about how to play the game. You guys are fighting and I get that. But is it really unreasonable for me (or anyone for that matter) to ask you to make some contribution, whatever it may be, no matter how small, to trying to find baddies? Correct me if I'm wrong, but is that not what you signed up for?
Do you think I am not looking for baddies? I think it is quite unfair to accuse me of not looking for baddies - when I AM - and then act like I don't know what our objective is.
Turnip Head wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 6:42 pm I'm not arguing with DDL about how to play the game fwiw. I am arguing with DDL because I think he is playing from a mafia POV. It's weird that you, Russti, seem to think that's not what I'm doing.
Turnip Head wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 6:43 pm Like I feel my posts aren't really being read and that's whats frustrating. It makes me feel misunderstood when I feel like I am making clear and salient points that are being ignored, and the reaction to me is that I'm not doing enough
if these were all distancing, i'd never trust TH again in my life tbh.
Sloonei wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 2:03 pm A double vote would definitely never be a scum role, but I also don't think we can verify it.
shit you're right, i had to check my role, but he worded it differently than saying mylo or lylo. but basically after today i will go back to 1 vote.

and yeah, i totally missed that MP modkill reason. to be perfectly honest, i chose not to read the long post where he role claimed because i didn't want to know something that jay designed the game for me not to know. im weird as fuck like that, sorry. :sigh:
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

dunya wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 2:10 pm
Turnip Head wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 6:41 pm
Russtifinko wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 6:36 pm Linki: TH, argue with DDL all you want about how to play the game. You guys are fighting and I get that. But is it really unreasonable for me (or anyone for that matter) to ask you to make some contribution, whatever it may be, no matter how small, to trying to find baddies? Correct me if I'm wrong, but is that not what you signed up for?
Do you think I am not looking for baddies? I think it is quite unfair to accuse me of not looking for baddies - when I AM - and then act like I don't know what our objective is.
Turnip Head wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 6:42 pm I'm not arguing with DDL about how to play the game fwiw. I am arguing with DDL because I think he is playing from a mafia POV. It's weird that you, Russti, seem to think that's not what I'm doing.
Turnip Head wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 6:43 pm Like I feel my posts aren't really being read and that's whats frustrating. It makes me feel misunderstood when I feel like I am making clear and salient points that are being ignored, and the reaction to me is that I'm not doing enough
if these were all distancing, i'd never trust TH again in my life tbh.
Sloonei wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 2:03 pm A double vote would definitely never be a scum role, but I also don't think we can verify it.
shit you're right, i had to check my role, but he worded it differently than saying mylo or lylo. but basically after today i will go back to 1 vote.

and yeah, i totally missed that MP modkill reason. to be perfectly honest, i chose not to read the long post where he role claimed because i didn't want to know something that jay designed the game for me not to know. im weird as fuck like that, sorry. :sigh:

[VOTE: dunya] aubergine
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

You guys have both expressed extreme confidence in your reads today. I don't know why.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Russtifinko
Money Launderer

Post by Russtifinko »

I'm Kazooie and am vanilla.

Agree that if true, dunya's claim is never a baddie role. However, for exactly that reason, I also don't think we can believe it. No evidence of it being true because she hasn't voted in a close lynch vote yet, and it's exactly what a baddie would claim to stay alive one more day. I think both Speed and dunya are bad and showing a burst of energy here to win the day. Brilliant baddie move to claim a vote-manipulation role in MYLO.

Linki: I actually totally sympathize wiht you not reading MP's post, dunya. I am a hardliner against infor-dumping when it isn't allowed. Confused by the first part of your post, though - are you saying you no longer think TH and I are teammates? Or that you still think we are and if so you just won't trust TH after this game?
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

sppedchuck and TH should claim by now. it's MYLO.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Clanker, vanilla.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage

Return to “Previous Rackets”