boo
No votes
DrWilgy
6%
G-Man
31%
Jackofhearts2005
No votes
Just throw the gun away (host/dead/nonplayer)
63%

Total votes: 16
Dragomir
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 103

Re: Corrupt!? Mafia (D2)

Post by Dragomir »

Somebody tell me who to suspect.
Hyena
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 397
Preferred Pronouns: Any pronouns work!

Post by Hyena »

Hyena wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 10:36 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 10:34 pm I guess what I’m getting at is that you seem to tone reading me town for being verbose and relatively cooperative, and when I’m shorter/more curt/more concise, that’s pinging you.

Is that accurate?
I... don't know?
I don't think I am? At least, in my mind I'm not? I don't really know how to explain it.
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 443
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

Hyena wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 10:37 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 10:34 pm I guess what I’m getting at is that you seem to tone reading me town for being verbose and relatively cooperative, and when I’m shorter/more curt/more concise, that’s pinging you.

Is that accurate?
I... don't know?
I don't think I am? At least, in my mind I'm not? I don't really know how to explain it.
Seems like something you should know!
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Or at least be able to figure out lol
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Anyways, can you tell me why that would be concerning for me?
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 10:38 pm
Hyena wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 10:37 pm

Is that accurate?
I... don't know?
Seems like something you should know!
Dude, I dunno. :haha:
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 10:38 pm Anyways, can you tell me why that would be concerning for me?
What do you mean? Why should you be concerned right now? I'm TRing you now.

Hyena wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 10:40 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 10:38 pm Anyways, can you tell me why that would be concerning for me?
I’m saying if your read had been based off these reasons:

Is that accurate?
Do you see why I’d be concerned about it?
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 10:43 pm

Is that accurate?
Because you think my read on you would be inaccurate because I'm reading you based on something I shouldn't be reading you on?
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

Hyena wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 10:47 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 10:43 pm

Is that accurate?
Because you think my read on you would be inaccurate because I'm reading you based on something I shouldn't be reading you on?
I'll have you know it worked last time. :P

Less about my opinion of its accuracy and more about your experience with me—both times you’ve played with scumNanook I’ve been fairly verbose and cooperative, and not particularly curt (relative to my town game at least).

There’s also that I was consciously playing differently during most of D1, so it’s a wee bit worrying that you’d think that’s genuine. Especially when I said at the start it wasn’t lol.

So yeah, I’d expect “hm, Nanook is being verbose” to translate to a scumread more often than a townread tbh
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 10:54 pm Less about my opinion of its accuracy and more about your experience with me—both times you’ve played with scumNanook I’ve been fairly verbose and cooperative, and not particularly curt (relative to my town game at least).

There’s also that I was consciously playing differently during most of D1, so it’s a wee bit worrying that you’d think that’s genuine. Especially when I said at the start it wasn’t lol.

So yeah, I’d expect “hm, Nanook is being verbose” to translate to a scumread more often than a townread tbh
You weren't verbose last time though? And I definitely wouldn't call you cooperative last game, since you wouldn't go along with my plan to confirm Jack and Tony when there were seven of us left. :P

Hyena wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 10:56 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 10:54 pm Less about my opinion of its accuracy and more about your experience with me—both times you’ve played with scumNanook I’ve been fairly verbose and cooperative, and not particularly curt (relative to my town game at least).

You weren't verbose last time though? And I definitely wouldn't call you cooperative last game, since you wouldn't go along with my plan to confirm Jack and Tony when there were seven of us left. :P
Cooperative in the sense that I was willing to expound on things I’m not normally willing to, not in the sense that I went along with plays that would likely lose me the game :p

I’d say I was fairly verbose last time compared to my norm? I don’t typically put up as many game related posts in a game that size when I’m town (there are exceptions, but none that you’ve been in lol).
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 11:04 pm
Hyena wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 10:56 pm

Cooperative in the sense that I was willing to expound on things I’m not normally willing to, not in the sense that I went along with plays that would likely lose me the game :p

I’d say I was fairly verbose last time compared to my norm? I don’t typically put up as many game related posts in a game that size when I’m town (there are exceptions, but none that you’ve been in lol).
I didn't notice that? I don't usually pay attention to what you are willing and not willing to do since I always remember you having those kinds of quirks in your playstyle. I just mostly remember you not being cooperative to a game plan that would have won town the game. :P And just getting this vibe that you weren't town.

Also, in Inception mafia, I was also correct in seeing that you were town. :P I was getting a towny vibe from you that game.

This is an irrelevant conversation at this point tbh I’m satisfied
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 11:11 pm This is an irrelevant conversation at this point tbh I’m satisfied
In that case, Imma gonna go play some games now. :P
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 203
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

Dragomir wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 10:36 pm Somebody tell me who to suspect.
dragomir
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 64

Post by DrWilgy »

As it currently stands. If I had the gun I'd either kill Hyena or Johann.

Someone tell me why I'm correct or incorrect to do so.

[mention]Duskfall[/mention], what's your feel on Hyena, Drago, Jack, Johann, and Mac? In that order? Also please relate your read of each one of these to a food dish.
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Also, anyone else feel free to chime in on that ask.
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

DrWilgy wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 11:23 pm As it currently stands. If I had the gun I'd either kill Hyena or Johann.

Duskfall, what's your feel on Hyena, Drago, Jack, Johann, and Mac? In that order? Also please relate your read of each one of these to a food dish.
sounds like you've got a case of stranger danger.

that said, hyena would be on my short list too. i was reviewing the eod events from yesterday. i have an observation to make. Everyone get ready. A thing is about to be observed in this thread.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

DrWilgy wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 11:23 pm Hyena, Drago, Jack, Johann, and Mac? In that order? Also please relate your read of each one of these to a food dish.
Hyena is a bowl of jello, Jack is a pineapple tart, Johann is a slightly disappointing curry, Mac is, of course, an entire chicken in a can, as his signature says.

Oh I missed drago. He’s bertie bott’s mystery flavor.
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Sloonei wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 11:29 pm
DrWilgy wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 11:23 pm As it currently stands. If I had the gun I'd either kill Hyena or Johann.

Duskfall, what's your feel on Hyena, Drago, Jack, Johann, and Mac? In that order? Also please relate your read of each one of these to a food dish.
sounds like you've got a case of stranger danger.

that said, hyena would be on my short list too. i was reviewing the eod events from yesterday. i have an observation to make. Everyone get ready. A thing is about to be observed in this thread.
I'm not a stranger to Hyena. After getting Covid with them, I do believe we share similar methods and processes when it comes to lines of thought.

Johann... maybe lol

*Patiently waits for observations*
Image Image Image
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Re: Corrupt!? Mafia (D1)

Post by Sloonei »

Hyena wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 9:00 pm
Sloonei wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 8:59 pm [VOTE: macdougall] aubergine
Oh, fuck that, lol

[VOTE: Hyena] aubergine
I vote for Macdougall to get the gun. Hyena reacts strongly to that by jumping straight off the macwagon. Why? I do not know. I feel like several people just decided to distrust me the moment I showed up in the thread. It was goofy. Hynea was among them.

Hyena wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 9:41 pm
Sloonei wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 9:39 pm
MacDougall wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 9:34 pm Sloonei nutella isn't getting the gun because we're in a game with a lot of non regs and most of them don't trust and are triggered by her usual behaviours, just shouting about it isn't going to help. You had a chance to give me the gun because I had FG, Hyena, Dragomir etc. but frankly you blew it. Not me, you. You did this. And should be sad and ashamed of yourself.
all three of those players have expressed disapproval of me.
Oh, I stopped considering you the one I'd shoot the most of the people who didn't get involved in the towncore discussion once you started posting more.
I observe Hyena's disposition toward me. They reply by saying they would not shoot me. Apparently something changed when I started posting. I don't know what the reference for any of this is.

Hyena wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 9:44 pm
Sloonei wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 9:41 pm
Hyena wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 9:41 pm
Sloonei wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 9:39 pm
MacDougall wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 9:34 pm Sloonei nutella isn't getting the gun because we're in a game with a lot of non regs and most of them don't trust and are triggered by her usual behaviours, just shouting about it isn't going to help. You had a chance to give me the gun because I had FG, Hyena, Dragomir etc. but frankly you blew it. Not me, you. You did this. And should be sad and ashamed of yourself.
all three of those players have expressed disapproval of me.
Oh, I stopped considering you the one I'd shoot the most of the people who didn't get involved in the towncore discussion once you started posting more.
you jumped off a wagon because i was on it like 20 minutes ago
Yeah, that scared me, because I wasn't expecting it! I wasn't really scumreading you that much before that, though!
I observe that this new statement is contrary to Hyena's impulsive response to my vote moments ago. They say some stuff about me that I continue to not follow. My vote scared Hyena off of Mac. I was at one point a suspect, but not when I cast the Scary Vote, which was scary because it was unexpected, but I wasn't a suspect, but I was scary. I had no indication other than Hyena's harsh reaction to my vote that suggested I was ever a suspect. Apparently I was not a suspect at that time, but I had been earlier.
This does not compute. I don't know what the accusation is here. There might not be one. It was just a jarring thing that stood out to me.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Re: Corrupt!? Mafia (D1)

Post by Sloonei »

I also have genuine concerns about Mac's progression on nutella:
MacDougall wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 8:46 pm
Sloonei wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 8:45 pm It is quite silly that anyone can look at nutella and not see an obvious civilian.
Nutella is too good of a player for this read and you know it.
MacDougall wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 9:13 pm
Sloonei wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 9:11 pm Nutella should still be the one we give the gun to, fwiw.
Nutella is incapable of projecting town strong enough day one for me to clear her. Shes too capable of her town range when wolf.

In time that changes. She makes herself obvious with results. Like you.
He made all three of these posts to justify not letting her have the gun. She's too good of a player to have a read on this early, he insists. We can't trust her with the gun when it's entirely possible that he scum game is just a perfect reflection of her town game at this stage!

And that he decides to shoot that very same player on Night 1.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

It was too early to town read her, but not too early to kill her on suspicion of being mafia?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Duskfall
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 222

Post by Duskfall »

Sloonei is making some good posts
Duskfall
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Duskfall »

I have verified what he's saying cause effort but I'm believing his thought process
Duskfall
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Duskfall »

Haven't*
Johann
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 183

Post by Johann »

Duskfall wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 5:11 pm My most unique pushes were boo and drago (i was the first to go down that route)

But also I was consensus town so I could've died for that
Are same people you suspected today the people you suspected yesterday?
Johann
Stool Pigeon

Post by Johann »

Shoot Drago then me, but shoot Drago first

Gman is a fed up townie
Hyena is a tryhard
Nanook is powering but in a genuine way
Johann
Stool Pigeon

Post by Johann »

Hyena is just smoke but no fire
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Duskfall wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 3:38 am Sloonei is making some good posts
That’s my meta.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Johann wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 4:07 am Shoot Drago then me, but shoot Drago first

Gman is a fed up townie
Hyena is a tryhard
Why would you want to get shot?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Duskfall
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Duskfall »

Johann wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 4:02 am
Duskfall wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 5:11 pm My most unique pushes were boo and drago (i was the first to go down that route)

Not much interesting has happened today imo
Johann
Stool Pigeon

Post by Johann »

Sloonei wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 4:18 am
Johann wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 4:07 am Shoot Drago then me, but shoot Drago first

Gman is a fed up townie
Hyena is a tryhard
Cause people say they wanna shoot me. Shoot Drago first then do w/e you want with me
Johann
Stool Pigeon

Post by Johann »

Duskfall wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 4:29 am

From my point of view you were poisoned for suspecting right. I doubt you were poisoned cause you are good - idk if you are good and how good you are compared to people here - i doubt you were poisoned to throw us off the track.
Johann
Stool Pigeon

Post by Johann »

So IMO we should check people you suspected D1
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Johann wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 4:43 am

Gman is a fed up townie
Hyena is a tryhard
Cause people say they wanna shoot me. Shoot Drago first then do w/e you want with me
Talk some more about Drago. I have no idea why you think he deserves to get shot as well.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Johann wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 4:45 am

From my point of view you were poisoned for suspecting right. I doubt you were poisoned cause you are good - idk if you are good and how good you are compared to people here - i doubt you were poisoned to throw us off the track.
This reads like a mafia player who is responsible for poisoning duskfall trying to misdirect attention.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Duskfall
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Duskfall »

I think I was mostly poisoned for being consensus town

But I think towny people are like Nanook/funny/jack/g man/slonnei

If I had gun tonight id shoot boo or dragomir

People that I'm not sure on yet Mac, Id refer to Nanook and sloonei for this one but I agree with what they said. Nanook mentioned his demand of the gun then lack of responsibility for it. Sloonei mentioned something that I forget but I agreed with it it was good wtf was it again lol? Sloonei cover for me

Hyena is kinda bad but I think shoot later not yet

Johann was good early but faded away so needs re evaluating probably tomorrow but not a shot for today
Duskfall
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Duskfall »

Sloonei wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 4:51 am

This reads like a mafia player who is responsible for poisoning duskfall trying to misdirect attention.
Yeah that vibe slightly pinged me but I didn't want to over read into it
Duskfall
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Duskfall »

I think dragomir is bad but also I think dragomir is the type of person to get mislynched every game and using me as an excuse to kill him is possible, but also I don't see a world where we can let dragomir love so it's like

Hard?
Johann
Stool Pigeon

Post by Johann »

Sloonei wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 4:49 am

Gman is a fed up townie
Hyena is a tryhard
Talk some more about Drago. I have no idea why you think he deserves to get shot as well.
Cause we play on the same forum and he is sheeping a lot. Drago town i know leads a lot. Tries to get opinions and stuff. Not just bluntly say shoot X Y Z
Johann
Stool Pigeon

Post by Johann »

Attention from what?
Duskfall
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Duskfall »

Johann wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 4:58 am

Gman is a fed up townie
Hyena is a tryhard
Cause we play on the same forum and he is sheeping a lot. Drago town i know leads a lot. Tries to get opinions and stuff. Not just bluntly say shoot X Y Z
Eh I did play a game with drago 2 weeks ago and thread mislynched him for not giving enough opinions and being overly blunt as a whole so bluntness is definitely in his town range
Johann
Stool Pigeon

Post by Johann »

Duskfall wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 5:01 am

Gman is a fed up townie
Hyena is a tryhard
Eh I did play a game with drago 2 weeks ago and thread mislynched him for not giving enough opinions and being overly blunt as a whole so bluntness is definitely in his town range
In some situations yes. But in majority no. He isnt someone that likes to sheep, he likes to lead. He likes to lock people as town/scum but never bluntly come into the thread and say - Shoot X Y Z.

Maybe he is just lazy. Maybe other 100 things. Idk but this isnt usualpy him
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Johann wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 4:59 am

Attention from what?
from anything. If you are bad and poisoned Duskfall, you can propose any motive for it to prompt a discussion in that direction. Maybe Duskfall was poisoned in part so that you could push the angle that he was poisoned for being on point with his suspects.

What makes you believe that Duskfall's suspicions are the reason he was poisoned? Why not just that he's a widely trusted player?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Gman is a fed up townie
Hyena is a tryhard
This is not dissimilar to my own suspicion of Drago. I felt like his outright denial of me when I showed up yesterday was inorganic. I've worked with town drago in the past and had some good cooperation. I don't feel like there was any effort on his part to develop a read on me.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage

Hi guys it's your friendly neighborhood insomniac, ama

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”