boo
No votes
DrWilgy
6%
G-Man
31%
Jackofhearts2005
No votes
Just throw the gun away (host/dead/nonplayer)
63%

Total votes: 16
Hyena
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 397
Preferred Pronouns: Any pronouns work!

Re: Corrupt!? Mafia (D4)

Post by Hyena »

Hyena wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 12:26 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 7:50 am We’re just shooting me tonight, full stop. I’m not going to be the losing mis-kill, so the options are ONLY a) shoot me tonight and find a replacement for me in the towncore I laid out, or b) give me the gun and if I don’t shoot scum you can shoot me tomorrow and I’ll accept the loss.

There isn’t another option, cause I’ll tell you right now I’m not going to deal with this bullshit another game day, either resolve my slot now or lock me town. I don’t really give a fuck which at this point.
I don't understand this post? In my head, there's most likely one scum between Boo and Jack just based on their interactions. How are you going to be the mis-kill in LYLO?
This is why I've been trying to push for Boo to be the shot, because in my head, he's the one that's more likely to be scum than Jack. If Boo flips town, then I just go for Jack next?
Funnygurl555
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 285
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers/herself

Post by Funnygurl555 »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 11:44 am
Funnygurl555 wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 11:42 am
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 11:40 am
Funnygurl555 wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 11:34 am duskfall town read nanook h e l l o
And Mac scumread Nanook. Died screaming at us to kill him.

Nanook gets shot today.
ok w/e
Whatever you're going to shoot Nanook or whatever you're gonna stick your head in the sand?
w/e to shooting nanook. he wants it too i guess
Sloonei wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 7:52 pm We are polar opposites in the most delightful way.
Hyena
Loan Shark

Re: Corrupt!? Mafia (D2)

Post by Hyena »

Duskfall wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 4:55 am I think I was mostly poisoned for being consensus town

But I think towny people are like Nanook/funny/jack/g man/slonnei

If I had gun tonight id shoot boo or dragomir

People that I'm not sure on yet Mac, Id refer to Nanook and sloonei for this one but I agree with what they said. Nanook mentioned his demand of the gun then lack of responsibility for it. Sloonei mentioned something that I forget but I agreed with it it was good wtf was it again lol? Sloonei cover for me

Hyena is kinda bad but I think shoot later not yet

Johann was good early but faded away so needs re evaluating probably tomorrow but not a shot for today
Duskfall called me and Johann bad, but it looked like he had Boo as a stronger scumread (on the same level as Dragomir), too.
Hyena
Loan Shark

Re: Corrupt!? Mafia (D1)

Post by Hyena »

Duskfall wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 4:52 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 4:39 pm @Duskfall
@Hyena

Who are you shooting if you get the gun and why?

If you’ve already said in the last page, welp, I’ll read that later.
Probably boo is who I want dead the most rn because everything he says feels like bs, literally can't believe a word coming out of him and it feels full of scum agenda, also kind of inconsistent how he's thinking about the game as a whole which makes it seem made up

I will be discussing it with other people at night though cause apparently night phase is open here and I assume I could shoot at the end
Boo might've had some say in Dusk getting poisoned because Dusk was wanting to shoot Boo first and foremost if he got the gun.
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

Why can't we just kill Boo? :<
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

Hyena wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 12:38 pm Why can't we just kill Boo? :<
Y'all didn't want to do it yesterday when I suggested it. I really wish you guys would consider doing it today.
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 443
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

Cause if boo’s town then we lose when I get shot tomorrow.

So we shoot me today, jack tomorrow, and you can figure out who to shoot last at f3
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 12:40 pm Cause if boo’s town then we lose when I get shot tomorrow.

So we shoot me today, jack tomorrow, and you can figure out who to shoot last at f3
If Boo is town, Jack gets shot tomorrow. I thought there was always one between them?
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

Hyena wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 12:42 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 12:40 pm Cause if boo’s town then we lose when I get shot tomorrow.

If Boo is town, Jack gets shot tomorrow. I thought there was always one between them?
Sloonei said it too that there was always one between those two + Mac.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 329
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

Hyena, there is no world where I'm scum or I get shot (unless a wolf gets the gun). Boo's scum reads on Nutella and Mac and their scumreads on Boo didn't make them scum. On the off chance Boo is town, it doesn't make me scum. It just means Boo played a really poor game.
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

With that said, Boo's absence is starting to make me think that he's getting set up to be bussed if he's scum.
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 12:45 pm Hyena, there is no world where I'm scum or I get shot (unless a wolf gets the gun). Boo's scum reads on Nutella and Mac and their scumreads on Boo didn't make them scum. On the off chance Boo is town, it doesn't make me scum. It just means Boo played a really poor game.
I think Boo is just scum though?
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Hyena wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 12:44 pm

Sloonei said it too that there was always one between those two + Mac.
As I told Wilgy and GMan, Sloonei was hundreds of posts behind when he said that.

Mac was caught up and said I was lock town. Dusk was caught up and had me as a townread.

Linki: I do too. I'm just saying that if he's town, the problem isn't my alignment. The problem is that he's had scum reads on lots of confirmed townies and lots of confirmed townies thought he was scum. I'm willing to burn one mislynch on the idea that he's scum. Not two. Especially when we only have one mislynch before we lose.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Hyena wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 12:46 pm With that said, Boo's absence is starting to make me think that he's getting set up to be bussed if he's scum.
FYI, Boo voted Nanook very early in the day without saying anything after Nanook said he wanted to shoot me.

He was dead wrong on Nutella and dead wrong on Mac and did exactly zero evaluation of his reads after Mac's townflip, immediately burrowing further into the idea that I should be shot for reads he can't explain.
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 12:51 pm
Hyena wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 12:46 pm With that said, Boo's absence is starting to make me think that he's getting set up to be bussed if he's scum.
FYI, Boo voted Nanook very early in the day without saying anything after Nanook said he wanted to shoot me.

He was dead wrong on Nutella and dead wrong on Mac and did exactly zero evaluation of his reads after Mac's townflip, immediately burrowing further into the idea that I should be shot for reads he can't explain.
lol, what?

I didn't even notice he placed a vote. That's basically the same thing Dragomir did D2. Why aren't we just killing him tonight?
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

I want to shoot Nanook over Boo for exactly one reason. It's easier for me to see Nanook being a wolf without Boo than Boo being a wolf without Nanook.

I can see a world where Boo plays a poor game and Nanook's teammate is hidden. A lot of people have been loathe to shoot Nanook. For most, that's probably a townie reaction to not wanting to kill someone who shot a wolf. That's an easy place for a wolf to hide. So easy I can't rule out there not being a wolf hiding there.

I have a harder time seeing a game where Nanook does all the scummy things he did today as a townie. The idea of Boo being scum, playing this level of game and fooling a good player like Nanook seems pretty crazy.
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

And you know what? I think I'm going to put Wilgy back on the table for trying to open up the PoE and place me and Funny inside of it earlier, especially if Boo ends up flipping scum.
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 12:56 pm I want to shoot Nanook over Boo for exactly one reason. It's easier for me to see Nanook being a wolf without Boo than Boo being a wolf without Nanook.

I can see a world where Boo plays a poor game and Nanook's teammate is hidden. A lot of people have been loathe to shoot Nanook. For most, that's probably a townie reaction to not wanting to kill someone who shot a wolf. That's an easy place for a wolf to hide. So easy I can't rule out there not being a wolf hiding there.

I have a harder time seeing a game where Nanook does all the scummy things he did today as a townie. The idea of Boo being scum, playing this level of game and fooling a good player like Nanook seems pretty crazy.
Who could Nanook be with from your perspective if not with Boo?
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

If you were town, you'd explain why I am scummy because your absent of argument and flip won't do anything to convince anyone I'm a wolf when you're gone.

If I'm a wolf, my teammate is very very well hidden. Multiple townies, live and dead, have expressed the opinion that I have no teammate.

If you're a townie and I'm a wolf, you are forfeiting the entire game.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Hyena wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 12:58 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 12:56 pm I want to shoot Nanook over Boo for exactly one reason. It's easier for me to see Nanook being a wolf without Boo than Boo being a wolf without Nanook.

Who could Nanook be with from your perspective if not with Boo?
There's a case to be made for anyone but myself and Johann. I'd prefer to not explain in detail my gut reads of 5% chance for this player to be scum or 10% chance for that player to be scum because I'd rather not influence the poison that way and I'd rather not scare off those 5-10% players into thinking I'm setting them up for a fall.

It's proooooobably just Nanook and Boo. Definitely Nanook.

Seriously, what would the game even look like if Nanook was town and Boo was scum? Who is the other wolf? The only player who hasn't been on board with killing Boo has been GMan and he's been more willing to kill Boo than Nanook. It's one thing for a wolf to play a certain level of activity given that their partner is "confirmed town" for shooting their other partner. Their partner is safe and may be able to keep them safe. They can get away with low to moderate activity/influence. They can get away with "I still think Nanook is town for shooting Drago" and leave it at that. But if GMan or Wilgy or anybody was scum with Boo? They'd have to widen the POE. They'd have to do something to protect Boo or themselves.

I was saying one between jack and Mac, idk where boo fits there
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

If Nanook is town, my push on him has been a godsend to the wolves.

The only one who jumped at the idea was Johann, confirmed townie. Wilgy fought against it. FG fought against it. GMan fought against it. Hyena is to a degree fighting against it.

I think Boo’s only possible teammate is Nanook. There is no wolf pouncing on the game changing mislynch of Nanook. Especially knowing that I’m town, a wolf could agree with me today and then blame me for town Nanook’s death tomorrow. It would be so tempting.
Funnygurl555
Drug Dealer

Post by Funnygurl555 »

ding ding ding
Sloonei wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 7:52 pm We are polar opposites in the most delightful way.
Funnygurl555
Drug Dealer

Post by Funnygurl555 »

Hyena wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 12:56 pm And you know what? I think I'm going to put Wilgy back on the table for trying to open up the PoE and place me and Funny inside of it earlier, especially if Boo ends up flipping scum.
hyena with the reads
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Funnygurl555 wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 1:25 pm

ding ding ding
Explain to me what is going on today if Boo is town and I am scum.

Who is my partner? Why is everyone so hesitant to shoot Nanook?

A world where Jack is scum doesn't make sense and I need you to walk me through why you think it does.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Cause on the off chance Nanook is scum and Boo is town, pushing the fake idea that the way forward is to shoot Boo and then shoot Jack is actually a town loss. There's obvious scum agenda for pushing that idea.

So I want to know why you think that's a good idea so I can evaluate you if Boo ever flips town. Especially since you're probably going to get the gun and you seem more inclined to shoot Boo than Nanook. Same goes for [mention]Hyena[/mention]. What is going on if I'm the wolf?
Funnygurl555
Drug Dealer

Post by Funnygurl555 »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 1:35 pm Cause on the off chance Nanook is scum and Boo is town, pushing the fake idea that the way forward is to shoot Boo and then shoot Jack is actually a town loss. There's obvious scum agenda for pushing that idea.

So I want to know why you think that's a good idea so I can evaluate you if Boo ever flips town. Especially since you're probably going to get the gun and you seem more inclined to shoot Boo than Nanook. Same goes for @Hyena. What is going on if I'm the wolf?
didn't you say that boo was wolf though??? like

and didn't we already agree that we're shooting nanook?

why is this happening?
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Funnygurl555 wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 2:20 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 1:35 pm Cause on the off chance Nanook is scum and Boo is town, pushing the fake idea that the way forward is to shoot Boo and then shoot Jack is actually a town loss. There's obvious scum agenda for pushing that idea.

So I want to know why you think that's a good idea so I can evaluate you if Boo ever flips town. Especially since you're probably going to get the gun and you seem more inclined to shoot Boo than Nanook. Same goes for @Hyena. What is going on if I'm the wolf?
didn't you say that boo was wolf though??? like

and didn't we already agree that we're shooting nanook?

why is this happening?
Cause I'm worried you'll shoot Boo instead of Nanook and then say that I should be the next shot instead of Nanook. :kadaj:

If you shoot Nanook, I don't really care why you think I should be shot after Boo if Boo flips town.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 1
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

What is up with the defamation of my character in a game I'm not even playing.

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 3:00 pm What is up with the defamation of my character in a game I'm not even playing.
Miss you bb
Johann
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 183

Post by Johann »

If Nanook flips town it is bcs of his absolute poor play.
But he won't flip town so there is that

Oh that’s a nice look, blaming me for my death. You jagoff.
Johann
Stool Pigeon

Post by Johann »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 3:32 pm Oh that’s a nice look, blaming me for my death. You jagoff.
You had 48 hours to save your soul and you wasted it on being salty like Dead Sea. You didn't even try to give any reads or opinions this phase or anything for that matter to give us something to work with

Instead you spent 48 hours crying.
So yes, it is your fault for being bad and whinny

I literally gave a solve, fuck off you obnoxious twit
Johann
Stool Pigeon

Post by Johann »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 3:35 pm I literally gave a solve, fuck off you obnoxious twit
You have been nothing but rude and insultive entire game.
Have a nice day :)

At least I haven’t been a moron!
Johann
Stool Pigeon

Post by Johann »

Peace out, good luck Funnygirl and the rest of you
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 3:35 pm I literally gave a solve, fuck off you obnoxious twit
Naming two players is not a solve. Naming one player and yourself as a mislynch is not a solve. :disappoint:

I’m clearly getting frustrated, I’m not fighting my death, just leave me alone already you’re getting your way
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Epignosis »

Hello everyone. Let's cool it and remember that this is a game on the Internet and that there are no prizes (put that new car away, leetic).

Please reach out to me privately if you are feeling upset or frustrated. Step away if you need to do so.

Just know that I'm here for you and want everyone to have a good time. :)
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Wait.

There aren’t prizes?
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 64

Re: Corrupt!? Mafia (D3)

Post by DrWilgy »

Hyena wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 4:03 am
DrWilgy wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 8:51 pm
Funnygurl555 wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 8:45 pm
DrWilgy wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 12:28 am I'm very much convinced that there isn't a world where you Johann and Mac are all t.
...like

so like how do you feel going into this phase
Terrified that we are wrong about either you or Hyena.
What's your PoE looking like if both me and Funny are in it?
Don't shoot: Nanook

Probably a bad shot but boy does it spook me: FG and Hyena

Having second doubts on: Jack and Gman

Need to shoot: Boo

But I'll admit that I don't PoE very well as I think it's more important to understand the lines of gameplay for each player and then quelling the one that is most likely to result in a scum victory. PoE from me is probably easier to follow when there's only 1 scum remaining.

The lines right now are very blurred though and that's why I'm finding that It's very critical for Boo to flip right now.

If Boo flips town, I do think it's very likely that I'm incorrect on you or FG.

Code: Select all

This line comes from I don't see scum Jack pushing Nanook right now if Boo isn't his teammate.

If Boo is town, then there's a magical world where it's between FG, you or Gman.

I'm still not onboard with the Nanook buss'd Drago line in this instance.
If Boo flips scum, I'd likely pull Nanook off the Don't shoot list and move you and FG up there. Jack would also likely go to my Need to shoot list, but it becomes between him and Nanook.

Code: Select all

There's two lines here:
Line 1, Jack is 100% correct and Nanook shot a teammate.

Line 2, Jack is scum and bussed Boo as a partner to Nanook in order to try to recover cred while taking out a townie.
Ultimately. It doesn't make sense for Nanook to shoot Drago if they are on a team. Even if it's only to gain 1 more day with a teammate I don't think he would've submitted that kill, thus making Line 2 of Boo flipping scum the most likely scenario we are seeing here.

Now, I do have a bad gut feeling from the potential 'I'm incorrect on you or FG.' line as I don't think we have an answer to that. I reread the sloonbot breakdown of Drago's interactions and feel that if there's an improper reading between you two it was more likely incorrect on you than FG. BUT, I don't think acting on this line of thought is within reason today.

linki: aww, wtf epi, I wanted that Mitsubishi Starion
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 64

Post by DrWilgy »

tldr: We have two hyper volatile lines of thinking right now, centered around Nanook, and I don't think that this happens naturally. We need to figure out which one is correct and I think we'll know more when Boo flips.
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Re: Corrupt!? Mafia (D3)

[mention]DrWilgy[/mention]

I’m not teamed with Boo. Are fights are to the point FG and Hyena have both said they think there has to be one wolf between us (which is not actually how antialignment works but whatever it underlines my point).
boo wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 1:35 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 1:33 pm
boo wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 1:22 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 1:06 pm In reading Boo's iso, I'm seeing more aggression than hunting. Is that normal? @Sloonei @MacDougall

Like the previous post is a perfect example. He's not calling me scum. He's shoving me. Most of his iso is that. The rest is him flip flopping on Nutella and Duskfall reads.

I'd be okay with shooting this considering we're going to see less damning stuff in this setup than normal.
I didn't flip flop on nutella, I called her mafia all day. I also didn't really flip flop on Dusk. I didn't trust him, but I never would've gone for shooting him.

And while addressing my calling you out on not actually doing a proper read of Dusk, you didn't actually explain how you got that bad of information from reading his ISO.

So, here you are then: you're mafia Jack. Along with Johann. I wish there was a third J to include. JJJ, come sub in so we can shoot you.
Along with Nutella? Who you voted for to shoot Mac after calling her scum and then later called her scum again?
Sorry, so are you accusing me of flip flopping on her, or going after her too hard? Seriously man, get that straight before trying to shittalk.
boo wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 2:12 pm
Johann wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 2:03 pm What i find interesting is that i am scum to hyena and boo but neither made a case why
I'm not interested in advocating your getting shot yet. Jack would need to go first. The result of that would tie in to you.
boo wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 2:17 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 2:13 pm
boo wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 1:35 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 1:33 pm
boo wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 1:22 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 1:06 pm In reading Boo's iso, I'm seeing more aggression than hunting. Is that normal? @Sloonei @MacDougall

Like the previous post is a perfect example. He's not calling me scum. He's shoving me. Most of his iso is that. The rest is him flip flopping on Nutella and Duskfall reads.

I'd be okay with shooting this considering we're going to see less damning stuff in this setup than normal.
I didn't flip flop on nutella, I called her mafia all day. I also didn't really flip flop on Dusk. I didn't trust him, but I never would've gone for shooting him.

And while addressing my calling you out on not actually doing a proper read of Dusk, you didn't actually explain how you got that bad of information from reading his ISO.

So, here you are then: you're mafia Jack. Along with Johann. I wish there was a third J to include. JJJ, come sub in so we can shoot you.
Along with Nutella? Who you voted for to shoot Mac after calling her scum and then later called her scum again?
Sorry, so are you accusing me of flip flopping on her, or going after her too hard? Seriously man, get that straight before trying to shittalk.
I'm accusing you of scumreading her, townreading her and then scumreading her again. And in the end, your certainty that I am scum is worth about as much as your certainty that Nutella was scum.
So I guess your inability to read one ISO, applies to all ISOs then. Because again, I didn't townread her.
boo wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 2:30 pm
Duskfall wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 2:22 pm Boo what is your dragomir read btw I can't remember?
I dunno if I've mentioned him, so that might be why.

He isn't someone who ever sticks out to me long enough to consider. I know I've played a game where he got lynched D1 or 2 as mafia, and even then I had no idea why it went down with so much support. That hasn't really been different here. I've seen him tossed about, and I've opened his ISO, but it's just a blank wall for me. There's just more interesting people to look at.

Today I'll be tunneling Jack. Being wrong about nutella made me lose a lot of interest in this game, but now that I have that it's what I want to deal with.
boo wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 4:02 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 3:16 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 2:13 pm
boo wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 2:12 pm
Johann wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 2:03 pm What i find interesting is that i am scum to hyena and boo but neither made a case why
I'm not interested in advocating your getting shot yet. Jack would need to go first. The result of that would tie in to you.
Tell me what a town or scum flip on me does for you on Johann.
@boo

And while you're at it, why did you think Mac should have shot me yesterday? I didn't see you voice any suspicion of me until after Mac shot Nutella.
I've already explained I'm not interested in connecting dots from you to Johann yet. I don't want Johann shot, I want you shot. The legwork there is already done, it means if you are shot and reveal as mafia, I'm saying people should look at Johann. If you're shot and reveal as town, what I have to say about Johann isn't relevant. In the meantime, saying anything else about it only serves to tell you and everyone else how exactly I'm linking the two you. The specifics are mine and in this setup there's no reason to share them, so I'm not playing them until I want to.

I think he was right to look into your direction and what he had to say about why you were a consideration holds up. Correct, I wasn't around for much of the night (only the beginning), so he had started mentioning you as a consideration but hadn't gotten into all of it. I was ambivalent about what I saw, if he wanted to shoot you that was his choice, and he knew my thoughts on how he should use it (nutella). I had nothing more to contribute. Had I come in before the night ended, I dunno. I was still happy with the nutella shot right up until I read the result. Now I know Mac and I, along with everyone else who thought it made sense to shoot nutella, were wrong. I don't blame nutella for getting shot, but I don't feel at all wrong for suspecting her and I don't think Mac was wrong to shoot her. Could Mac be bad and did it laughing, and everything else is nonsense? Maybe. And maybe he'll get caught and shot. From everyone except for my own and the mafia's perspective, could I be mafia? Sure. But I know I'm not, the mafia team knows I'm not, and everyone else... meh. I'll play the game and try and help the town, but I know my town game isn't as strong as my mafia game, so I don't expect to be some core towny who solves the game. But not trying is lame, so I'm still gonna play. And right now, that means trying to get you shot.
boo wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 1:26 pm @NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME

Kill 2:
Jack & Hyena

Don't kill:
FG & Mac
boo wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 8:43 pm
MacDougall wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 7:52 pm Ok that was serious bs from Jack.
You'll have to be waaaaaaaay more specific.
boo wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 10:38 am
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 10:16 am Probably jack, it’s hard to tell though tbh
I don't think it actually matters, they both look mafia. It's like they got drunk in mafia chat together and decided to start incessantly shit-posting. They're bouncing all over the place and most of it is confirmed BS.

The only confusing thing about this to me is I don't see them having the numbers to actually make this work if they're both mafia. They'd have to be assuming some horrible town plays from here on out.

FG has said she'll listen to you and Sloonei, IIRC, for who to shoot. So give it to her if voters on her don't want me to have it, or her voters can move to me and I'll shoot one of them.

Giving it to Jack is a trap, just not a good one. He'd probably shoot me. But that still doesn't matter. They shoot me, I reveal town, they posion Nanook, and at that point I their hope is the town just crumbles? Screw up and give the gun to Mac again and they shoot Wilgy or FG?
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

What does it do for your reads if you take as fact that there can be only one wolf at most in Boo/Jack?

This data is a tiny bit skewed by not including me in the pool since I had the gun, but I think it's fine to ignore that given that I was functionally a universal TR at the time as I recall. Anyways, back on N2, do you know how many people wanted to shoot Drago? Three and a half (Gman/Hyena/Johann, FG as a half cause she remembered him late).

There were also three people that listed Jack as a first or second shot option (Boo, FG, Mac). Two apiece for Boo (Hyena, Jack) and FG (Drago, Jack).

Do you know who the overwhelming consensus was for a good shot, out of nine people that gave answers?

Hyena. Five people wanted Hyena shot N2 (Boo, Wilgy, FG, Gman, Johann). FIVE!

Do you know what I would do if I were mafia? I'd shoot Hyena and nobody would blame me. So unless you're pushing me as partners with Hyena, thinking that I "shot Drago because I had to, everyone suspected him, he was basically outed" is empirically wrong. I had heaps of cover to shoot Hyena if I wanted to, and even if Hyena were my partner...I could've just shot Boo or Jack in that world. Any argument that my hand was forced to shoot Drago is objectively wrong.

By the way, this makes it pretty likely that Hyena is town. Also likely there's a 2nd mafia within the Hyena selections, but given my POE is down to Gman or Boo paired with Jack that isn't exactly helpful.

This makes GMan look a bit better since Drago is a bus he didn't have to make, and it makes Boo look a bit worse by comparison. I don't want to completely assume that mafia didn't mention each other at all, but I think it's a fair assumption to make that mafia wouldn't want to put a partner in unnecessary danger on N2 unless they were going to get large amounts of cred for it, which I don't think GMan would've expected given that at least sloonei and Johann were more prominently on Drago IIRC.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

How the heck do two people think I’m teamed with Boo but these same players refused to vote for me to let me blast Boo yesterday?
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

I should just shut up because at least Nanook is playing.

(I decided not to be totally curmudgeonly and show some of my work, since some/most of you likely don't know me well enough to sheep me after I'm dead)

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”