boo
No votes
DrWilgy
6%
G-Man
31%
Jackofhearts2005
No votes
Just throw the gun away (host/dead/nonplayer)
63%

Total votes: 16
Funnygurl555
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 285
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers/herself

Re: Corrupt!? Mafia (N4)

Post by Funnygurl555 »

i'll lock you town and lose to you for it if i'm wrong

but i also wanna find a scum

think i gotta shoot boo though
Sloonei wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 7:52 pm We are polar opposites in the most delightful way.
Funnygurl555
Drug Dealer

Re: Corrupt!? Mafia (D1)

Post by Funnygurl555 »

Hyena wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 2:51 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 2:47 pm Also we have like 12 hours, not worried about ties yet lol

Dusk is 100% correct that scum *should* want the gun though, it gives them control of two kills instead of one. That’s always scum positive.
Oh wait, lol, I forgot mafia can still make kills in this setup. I keep thinking we're playing something similar to a Purgatory setup, where there are no mafia kills, but you get to send people to hell and heaven on alternating phases. People who get sent to hell are out of the game, and people who are sent to heaven stay in the game not not actively in the thread. The gun mechanic in this game reminded me of the heaven mechanic in that setup because you always wanted to vote for people who you thought were town.
OH LOL I FORGOT THIS

ok hyena's town unless he's one of the GROSS people who fake derptells

gross people

ok hyena's good too but we were all already there so it's ok
Sloonei wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 7:52 pm We are polar opposites in the most delightful way.
Funnygurl555
Drug Dealer

Post by Funnygurl555 »

not: nanook, hyena

maybe: g-man, jack, boo, wilgy

50/50 odds now i'm getting there.
Funnygurl555
Drug Dealer

Post by Funnygurl555 »

Spoiler: show
boo wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 10:39 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 10:23 pm Fwiw it’s not that I’ve decided who I want to shoot and haven’t told anyone, I just haven’t decided yet.

Although I also probably wouldn’t say, this game is sort of inverse where scum hunting is better done at night.
I don't agree with that. Doing it at night leaves to much space for the mafia, if a member gets a gun, to time it out where they can later claim they killed based on the thread at x time because they wouldn't later be available, or whatever else. If a short-list of names is decided on during the day, we get: a) anyone who goes outside of that looking really bad & b) if one or more mafia is on the shortlist and someone doesn't kill them (and also hasn't been poisoned by the time a mafia who they could've chosen is killed), they look really bad.
boo wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 10:40 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 10:37 pm Yeah I mean if you say “I think Nutella is mafia and I’m gonna shoot her” or whatever...the odds you get the gun if you’re right go down lol
You're acting like that isn't information right there that the town can use to inform later gun-useage.

Nanook is mafia.
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 10:44 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 10:37 pm Yeah I mean if you say “I think Nutella is mafia and I’m gonna shoot her” or whatever...the odds you get the gun if you’re right go down lol
You're acting like that isn't information right there that the town can use to inform later gun-useage.

Nanook is mafia.
I’d rather higher chance to shoot mafia than “get information,” thanks tho try again some other time
boo wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 10:53 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 10:44 pm

Nanook is mafia.
I’d rather higher chance to shoot mafia than “get information,” thanks tho try again some other time
Right... except you're actively doing things that do not increase the chance of actually getting a mafia on N1. At best you're arguing for things that would keep the odds at the level of random, at worst you're sabotaging the town.
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 10:54 pm Oh boy I see a non-believer in the towncore approach has entered the fray.

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 10:54 pm I have easily the best reads in this game, and I’m confirmed town, fight me boyo
boo wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 10:58 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 10:54 pm I have easily the best reads in this game, and I’m confirmed town, fight me boyo
Your baseless & ignorant arrogance is showing.
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 10:58 pm Wow that was really cutting, can I have another? Uwu
an exchange
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 443
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

Yeah you can’t have me and jack both alive tomorrow tbh

That’s like the one thing we agree on lmao
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Funnygurl555
Drug Dealer

Post by Funnygurl555 »

am... am i shooting jack then o____O

what if he flips town

what happens
Funnygurl555
Drug Dealer

Post by Funnygurl555 »

do you want me to shoot jack

If he flips town most likely everyone turns on me and we lose lolol
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Funnygurl555
Drug Dealer

Post by Funnygurl555 »

SEEEEEEEEEE?

now we need a safe kill on A SCUM outside of you and jack to buy us time

so we should shoot boo
Funnygurl555
Drug Dealer

Post by Funnygurl555 »

nutella wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 1:34 am
Funnygurl555 wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 1:22 am yeah ok i don't like g-man. you're town-reading boo for being logical and talking about strategy and mechanics? yo what does that actually have to do with scum hunting and finding reads?
i agree with this
Sloonei wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 1:32 am funnygurl mafia
gman town
but i also agree with this :wowee:

and boo is absolutely scum no matter what
i see nutella viewing the thread and i THINK YOU WERE RIGHT help oh god i hate doing this shit

i have low self confidence and i tend to tinfoil when i'm given responsibility so i'm really gonna be here for a while woooooooooooooooo
Funnygurl555
Drug Dealer

Post by Funnygurl555 »

nanook do you actually think jack's scum or is it omgus?

It’s just so bad for the game to have both me and jack alive tomorrow lol
Funnygurl555
Drug Dealer

Re: Corrupt!? Mafia (PREGAME)

Post by Funnygurl555 »

Dragomir wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 2:44 am
nutella wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 2:42 am
boo wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 8:00 am I got my PM and do not care when phases start/end.

Self-killing makes zero sense @Johann.

We should give the gun to someone with a subset of players they're allowed to choose from to shoot.

If they go outside that, they got shot next.

I think it's better then deciding on a specific player because that keeps mafia from being able to control the conversation easily.

And at 13 players, 10/3 split... Assuming the gun always gets used (no ties, but in most cases that should be easy enough to avoid since we can hammer)... We can only afford like 4 gun uses on a civ? One or two more if we get 1 or 2 of the mafia mixed in with that? Right? It's too early for me to be mathing. But it's a general point.

Then once we have a baddie killed, players who had them in their subset but chose not to shoot them can be looked at more in depth. Plus that's a way to try and force the mafia into bussing if they do get the gun.
this is boo's first post and it's basically stating the obvious about how the game works. imo it's fluff
boo wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 8:55 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 8:52 pm COMPROMISE is what makes this country GREAT, except when it’s MY IDEALS, in which case we must be UNCOMPROMISING in the face of ADVERSITY
something something towncore, something something if I get the gun I'll shoot you, something something casual mention of someone who hasn't even posted but I am saying is either 100% town or mafia. Actually, no. Strike that. They're the secret independent role that isn't stated in the roles. Probably? But I don't know, because reading host posts is apparently for nerds, so I haven't done that.
this is... what the actual fuck is this. this is a scum post 99% of the time it exists.
Wait, is this all you got against him?
:thinking::thinking::thinking::thinking::thinking::thinking::thinking::thinking::thinking::thinking::thinking::thinking:

I fucking hope he is cause I honestly don’t see how we win this game if he’s town, he won’t even pretend to engage with me and explore the possibility of being t/t so 🤷‍♀️
Funnygurl555
Drug Dealer

Post by Funnygurl555 »

you gotta BELIEVE nanook

BELIEVE

Sorry I’m an atheist

I don’t even care if your shoot me, but until/unless jack shows any ability to consider a world where I’m not mafia we cannot both alive tomorrow. We just can’t, even if we’re both town!

And you can shoot me to resolve it, that’s fine, I won’t fight it at this point, but if we’re both town and alive tomorrow it’s so so hard to win this game 🤷‍♀️
Funnygurl555
Drug Dealer

Post by Funnygurl555 »

yeah you're right. i ain't gonna hero this shit.

i'll send in a pm to shoot you. i'm sorry. but if you die and flip town and jack's town, he might think and help us. and if he's scum then i mean eh we'll see. but we're less likely to lose to him if he's wolf than losing 'cause of ... the rest of the town.. if i shoot jack and he's town, if that makes sense.

anyways i think you're town and like fuck this shit man. i just don't think shooting someone who shot a scum when it's not mylo is the way to play the game
Funnygurl555
Drug Dealer

Post by Funnygurl555 »

ftr i got up to page 19. w/eeeeee i aint needed here i'ma start watching some movie recs and take some melatonin and return the coffee that my roommate gave me 'cause i DON'T NEED IT.

I mean, I think I’ve been contributing so I don’t think that’s a good way to read it lol. It’s very possible I gave the game winning solve so 🤷‍♀️

I’m also pretty much only ok with being shot if it means jack gets shot tomorrow. At the very least he cannot be allowed to have the gun.
Funnygurl555
Drug Dealer

Post by Funnygurl555 »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 2:04 am I mean, I think I’ve been contributing so I don’t think that’s a good way to read it lol. It’s very possible I gave the game winning solve so 🤷‍♀️

I’m also pretty much only ok with being shot if it means jack gets shot tomorrow. At the very least he cannot be allowed to have the gun.
then give me a case for jack?
Funnygurl555
Drug Dealer

Post by Funnygurl555 »

fuck it i'ma keep going

nanook you gotta give me that case for jack if you want him dead

I think I made it somewhere, idk. The short version is--leaping onto mac's "MAYBE IT'S NANOOK" thing and then pretty opportunistically pushing it when it gained traction/didn't immediately fail. POE cause there's more reason to think you/Hyena/wilgy are not with drago. Sheeping sloonei a bit cause I trust sloonei. And his push for me the last day+ has been literally pushing exactly the scum agenda, which unfortunately doesn't always make someone scum but I have to believe that at least one of the people pushing me has to be mafia cause it's pretty fucking sad if town has fucked up this badly on their own, tbh.

That's the brief version, I'm...probably not going to go into much more detail than this unless you maybe have questions, idk.

If you wanna kill me first fine but I'm only OK with it if it leads to Jack being shot after I flip town.

(I reserve the right to pretend I didn't say this in postgame if it's somehow incorrect)

I guess I could also argue I've been a stronger asset to the town, cause, you know, I have, but that's whatever
Funnygurl555
Drug Dealer

Post by Funnygurl555 »

kk, thanks

i sent in a shot for jack

i'm done

Ok 🤷‍♀️
Funnygurl555
Drug Dealer

Post by Funnygurl555 »

i also read up to a bit past nutella's flip

jack... can die.

sorry jack

but y'no, prolly not dealin w/ a nanook wolf here

i won't be here past 4pm EDT btw. got a last min case post it, but ya gotta say someone other than nanook i guess, or a case for why nanook vs jack isn't the way (please do that). THANKS

You know what, fuck it, shoot whomever you want. If they’re mafia I’m never considering you, if they’re town you’re back in the POE. Fair?

Something doesn’t feel right but I can’t tell if it’s because I’m wrong somewhere or because it’s 4am or because I’m doubting myself when I should stand firm, but I can’t help a nagging suspicion I’m missing something obvious here.

Anyways yeah I’d say shoot who you think is most likely to flip mafia, if they flip mafia great you’re locked as far as I’m concerned, if they flip town then I don’t fucking know we’ll figure it out from there I guess.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 329
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

Funnygurl555 wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 12:37 am do you actually want to die? if so i'll just shoot you and call it a night
Why do you keep asking the wolf if you should shoot him? In what world does Nanook’s opinion on if he should be shit enter into it?
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Funnygurl555 wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 12:40 am pfffffffffffffff

g u y s idk this isn't a wolf
If you don’t have the guts to shoot Nanook, shoot Boo.

But if you shoot anyone but Nanook and they flip town, I think you’re next. :feb:
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Funnygurl555 wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 12:55 am ok so so far what i'm getting from my reading is that drago x nanook is kinda a no
Show me.

Show me anything that antialignes them besides the shot itself.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Funnygurl555 wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 1:10 am am... am i shooting jack then o____O

what if he flips town

what happens
Then you get shot and if you flip mafia, Nanook follows.

If you shoot me, your faction loses.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 1:19 am It’s just so bad for the game to have both me and jack alive tomorrow lol
Learn to enjoy the struggle. ;)
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 1:20 am I fucking hope he is cause I honestly don’t see how we win this game if he’s town, he won’t even pretend to engage with me and explore the possibility of being t/t so 🤷‍♀️
You keep saying this but you asked me one question and I gave you an essay answer.

It took me over 24 hours to get you from a naked scumread on me to admitting you scumread me cause omgus. And I’m your top scumread.

The problem isn’t “Jack doesn’t consider Nanook’s alignment in good faith.” The problem is “Getting Nanook to do anything but pout and point to the Drago kill is like pulling teeth.”

If we’re both town, stop it with the potty party and give reasons why other players could be scum. Town games aren’t won off hail mary shots and hoping the people bothering you are wolves. You have to hunt for them and the longer you pout without hunting, the more you convince me that you want to live more than you want to kill wolves.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

My autocorrect thinks I talk about shit and potty more than shot and pity and I’m not sure what that says about me as a person.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Funnygurl555 wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 2:50 am i also read up to a bit past nutella's flip

jack... can die.

sorry jack

but y'no, prolly not dealin w/ a nanook wolf here

i won't be here past 4pm EDT btw. got a last min case post it, but ya gotta say someone other than nanook i guess, or a case for why nanook vs jack isn't the way (please do that). THANKS
No.

You don’t get to win like this.

I busted my butt and convinced you I was town. You kept just saying “give me the gun.”

Then Nanook turned you around with basically nothing. Your turn looks fake af. You beg Nanook to give you a reason to scumread me and he can’t and you shoot me anyway?

I don’t think it’s Boo and Nanook. I think it’s you and Nanook.

[mention]DrWilgy[/mention] [mention]G-Man[/mention] [mention]Hyena[/mention]

If FG shot me, it’s always FG and Nanook. When I flip town, you take the gun and you listen to what Mac, Johann and me have been telling you and you blast Nanook. After he dies, you blast FG for this nonsense turn to protect her partner.

Nvm just shoot jack

Or me, but preferably jack

There’s absolutely zero consideration of the game in his posts, every engagement with me is turned into a grandstanding “hey look everyone Nanook is scum” (that essay he references is a good example, taking my “what if we’re both wrong, how do we win?” olive branch and grandstanding about how I’m definitely scum instead then pretending that could ever be taken as a good faith answer), he’s not interested in solving the game he’s interested only in looking good and pushing lines he thinks he can push.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 11:08 am There’s absolutely zero consideration of the game in his posts, every engagement with me is turned into a grandstanding “hey look everyone Nanook is scum” (that essay he references is a good example, taking my “what if we’re both wrong, how do we win?” olive branch and grandstanding about how I’m definitely scum instead then pretending that could ever be taken as a good faith answer), he’s not interested in solving the game he’s interested only in looking good and pushing lines he thinks he can push.
This is objectively nonsense. I worked out exactly who I think is scum if you flip town. The difficulty of doing so is part of why I scumread you.

I'm saying exactly what the last two flipped townies said.

You can be honestly frustrated with me tunneling you but you can't honestly think my reads come from an opportunistic or evil place. That's clearly false.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Jack: Pushes a player who was a universal townread and helps convince two now flipped townies he is bad while there are two players who haven't even posted 50 times and one player who is a universal scumread and missed the entire last day phase.

Nanook: Jack is only interested in pushing lines he thinks he can push. How opportunistic.

Funnygurl555
Drug Dealer

Post by Funnygurl555 »

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH
Funnygurl555
Drug Dealer

Post by Funnygurl555 »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 9:12 am
Funnygurl555 wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 12:40 am pfffffffffffffff

g u y s idk this isn't a wolf
If you don’t have the guts to shoot Nanook, shoot Boo.

But if you shoot anyone but Nanook and they flip town, I think you’re next. :feb:
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Funnygurl555
Drug Dealer

Post by Funnygurl555 »

CAN I JUST SHOOT BOO
Funnygurl555
Drug Dealer

Post by Funnygurl555 »

DO WE GOTTA DO THIS NANOOK X JACK THING

If you shoot boo and they flip town it’s uh

Pretty hard not to kill you lol

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”