FTL Mafia [ENDGAME]

Moderator: Community Team

It's 2112. Get with the times! Who gets treasure?

Poll ended at Wed Jun 10, 2020 8:36 pm

MacDougall
10%
motobot
10%
Myo
No votes
nutella
10%
sig
No votes
Sloonei
10%
Geddy Lee (The Host, the Non, the Dead)
60%

Total votes: 10
tedxtr
:wiz:
Posts in topic: 128
Location: some place where people retire from normals (maybe)
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Re: FTL Mafia [Day 0]

Post by tedxtr »

ok i gotta stop these jokes because they're probably massively anti-town
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImage
Myo
Posts in topic: 51

Post by Myo »

Long Con wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 1:02 pm To give someone new the bonus scrap. So you think if we all tie in today's vote, we'll all get scrap?
You think so? I kind of assumed that if multiple people tied for the top vote that it would be determined by RNG?
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 238
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

tedxtr wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 3:48 pm ok i gotta stop these jokes because they're probably massively anti-town
The only thing anti-town is a non-answer.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Myo wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 3:53 pm
Long Con wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 1:02 pm To give someone new the bonus scrap. So you think if we all tie in today's vote, we'll all get scrap?
You think so? I kind of assumed that if multiple people tied for the top vote that it would be determined by RNG?
Hi Myo! What can you tell us about your mafia experience? What sort of things will you be looking for, and what is your general strategy on Day 1 and later on?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 70
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

Sloonei wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 4:01 pm
tedxtr wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 3:48 pm ok i gotta stop these jokes because they're probably massively anti-town
The only thing anti-town is a non-answer.
You must hate playing with me lol
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 336

Post by MacDougall »

Did Jiwon vote Tedxtr to get scrap without posting? Wild. Absolute scenes.
Myo

Post by Myo »

Sloonei wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 2:33 pm I offered one single pre-flip associative read in Banjo-Kazooie and it gave me the false confidence to mislynch a civilian who I thought was paired with another civilian on Day 1. Never again!
What does 'pre-flip' mean?
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 174
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Myo wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 6:32 pm
Sloonei wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 2:33 pm I offered one single pre-flip associative read in Banjo-Kazooie and it gave me the false confidence to mislynch a civilian who I thought was paired with another civilian on Day 1. Never again!
What does 'pre-flip' mean?
The 'flip' in question is slang for the role-reveal that occurs upon voting a player out by Day.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

I do not think so. I think one person will get scrap, or maybe zero if we have a tie, because our Host can sometimes be a hardass in that way.
Myo

Post by Myo »

Sloonei wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 4:04 pm
Hi Myo! What can you tell us about your mafia experience? What sort of things will you be looking for, and what is your general strategy on Day 1 and later on?

Hola! I think I mentioned that I normally play at HogwartsWerewolves. Games are a bit bigger (small games are 30-45 and big games are 70-100ish). I'm excited to try something different! Not sure what else to say about my general experience ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I normally like to discuss mechanics phase 0/1 and see what people think is the best approach to different roles/event/etc. I like to get a feel about where other people's heads are at compared to mine. I typically base who I think is sus in the early phases on this. Later in the game I'd say that I kind of like to poke people if that makes sense? Especially with regards to the quieter people I tend to find that reactions to accusations/questions can be useful. Also looking for people who flip-flop on their reads or opinions.

Based on your questions I'm guessing my inclination that ties are solved by RNG is probably false based on typical rules here?
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Myo wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 6:39 pm

Hola! I think I mentioned that I normally play at HogwartsWerewolves. Games are a bit bigger (small games are 30-45 and big games are 70-100ish). I'm excited to try something different! Not sure what else to say about my general experience ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I normally like to discuss mechanics phase 0/1 and see what people think is the best approach to different roles/event/etc. I like to get a feel about where other people's heads are at compared to mine. I typically base who I think is sus in the early phases on this. Later in the game I'd say that I kind of like to poke people if that makes sense? Especially with regards to the quieter people I tend to find that reactions to accusations/questions can be useful. Also looking for people who flip-flop on their reads or opinions.

Based on your questions I'm guessing my inclination that ties are solved by RNG is probably false based on typical rules here?
Your strategy is most aligned with mine, though I’ll caution that players who flip-flop are not always suspicious for doing so, especially in this community. “Flip-flopping” is more often than not just changing one’s mind.

Is role claiming typically allowed in your games?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
tedxtr
:wiz:
Posts in topic: 128
Location: some place where people retire from normals (maybe)
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by tedxtr »

Come to think of it, I think a lot of the stuff that are wolfy in a vacuum are actually more context and personality-dependent.

9/10 times, what would be described as flip flopping is a villager that changed their read, wolves barely flip flop ime

I’m not really a mechanical player, I’ll see if I’ll have the motivation to skim the OP and come up with some stuff.
ImageImageImageImage
Myo

Post by Myo »

Sloonei wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 6:56 pm

Your strategy is most aligned with mine, though I’ll caution that players who flip-flop are not always suspicious for doing so, especially in this community. “Flip-flopping” is more often than not just changing one’s mind.

Yes, role claiming and what was called 'info-dumping' in the rules is allowed and normal.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

2 mafia solved already.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Myo wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 7:20 pm

Yes, role claiming and what was called 'info-dumping' in the rules is allowed and normal.
How does that affect you going into this game, where those things are not allowed?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

MacDougall wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 7:38 pm 2 mafia solved already.
Bravo
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Got three now.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Tedxtr, Jiwon, Long Con in case you're wondering.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Sloonei wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 7:38 pm
Bravo
You sound disappointed that I have solved the game. Don't be Sloonei. Together we will reclaim the cosmos on behalf of the government or whatever it is that we represent.
Myo

Post by Myo »

Myo wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 7:20 pm

How does that affect you going into this game, where those things are not allowed?

I don’t really think it should change things that much for me. I’ve played games before where the seer/power-roles died without revealing and so there were no role-claims/info to be shared late game because the role was already dead. The majority of my town/sus reads tend to be based on comment/vote histories and interactions with other players anyways. Having the power-role info does allows things to ‘slot’ into place and helps guide a bit (contextualise might be a good way of thinking about it) but this is also achieved by alignments shared in the meta when someone is lunched/night killed.

I am very excited for the public vote tallies, which are something I have never seen before.

MacDougall wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 7:40 pm Tedxtr, Jiwon, Long Con in case you're wondering.
Ted and Jiwon are my backup team so I’m ok with this
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 49
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

Anyone else planning to resolve the tie with a last second self vote?

Just me? :grin:
motobot
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 17
Aka: Moto

Post by motobot »

MacDougall wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 7:41 pm
Bravo
You sound disappointed that I have solved the game. Don't be Sloonei. Together we will reclaim the cosmos on behalf of the government or whatever it is that we represent.
I was going to vote for you for scrap, but now I kind of think Spacedaisy is a better choice because you sound like you are trying to pretend to figure out who is bad and who is good.

Self voting isn’t allowed
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

I'll vote Spacedaisy so Mac does't get it.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 8:33 pm Self voting isn’t allowed
I knew that. I was just testing you.
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 1:08 pm Eh, I guess that was an assumption rather than what it actually says.

Also Myo and sig are mafia partners, discuss
Yes, they seem scummy. :eye:
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Is the poll messed up for anyone else? I can't seem to vote.
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

sig wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 9:25 pm Is the poll messed up for anyone else? I can't seem to vote.
Nvm never changed my timezone. :omg:
ImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

sig wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 9:25 pm Is the poll messed up for anyone else? I can't seem to vote.
it is closed
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Myo is my favorite player, 10/10 buddying accepted.

Mac seems civvie.
Nanook seems meh, this time I'm right I swear. :p
I wanna lynch Sloonie, for reasons,
LC, since I've gotten away from my roots of always lynching him and him usually, sometimes, kinda always being mafia.
Ted, since I never wanna lynch Ted and I think it'll be a fun way to start the game.
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Also, fair warning just moved to a new state and starting work on Monday, so activity will be a big question mark for me at times.
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

If either Mac or LC are mafia the other is most likely mafia as well. LC breaking the tie away from Mac is definitely a move both/one would come up with as an easy distancing maneuver early game.
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 55

Post by Epignosis »

Who is deserving of scrap from the destroyed outpost?

Poll ended at Tue May 26, 2020 9:10 pmPlease note that if you vote, your vote will be visible.

ColinIsCool
No votes

Voters: None

Dragomir
No votes

JackofHearts2005
No votes

JiwonMeganPark
No votes

Long Con
No votes

MacDougall
7%

Voters: tedxtr

Motobot
No votes

Myo
No votes

No votes

sig
7%

Voters: Myo

Sloonei
7%

Voters: Soneji

Soneji
7%

Voters: Sloonei

Spacedaisy
21%

Voters: NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME, motobot, Long Con

tedxtr
14%

Voters: JiwonMeganPark, MacDougall

Elton John (The Host, the Dead, the Non)
36%

Voters: Epignosis, JaggedJimmyJay, nutella, Hyena, M Plus 7

Total votes: 14
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

The rebels jumped to a star system they deemed safe, but the federation followed them. The hunt is on.

The radio indicated that The Store would be open soon. Stay tuned.

Everyone will receive a PM regarding scrap totals. Stand by.

It is now Day 1. You have 48 hours to lynch someone.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

sig wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 9:29 pm Myo is my favorite player, 10/10 buddying accepted.

Mac seems civvie.
LC, since I've gotten away from my roots of always lynching him and him usually, sometimes, kinda always being mafia.
Ted, since I never wanna lynch Ted and I think it'll be a fun way to start the game.
[VOTE: sig] aubergine talk about those reasons
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage

Re: FTL Mafia [Day 1]

Dang sloonei you beat me to it
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Your scrap count today is as follows:

You start with 10.
If you voted Day 0 you earned 3.
You received one per vote Day 0.

I fucking knew that spreading votes would’ve worked
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Lol at Sig already having two votes.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 11:33 pm Lol at Sig already having two votes.
Was my initial reaction but also Sloonei isn't the type to just lolvote sig so he may have seen something there that I did not.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Long Con wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 8:43 pm I'll vote Spacedaisy so Mac does't get it.
Why didn't you want me to "get it"?
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

MacDougall wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 11:40 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 11:33 pm Lol at Sig already having two votes.
Was my initial reaction but also Sloonei isn't the type to just lolvote sig so he may have seen something there that I did not.
I feel like Sloonei's votes are pretend for the first 3/4ths of D1 and Sig somehow pocketed me in a game recently iirc. Covid? Like I'm just gonna let that stuff play out without worrying about what either of them are doing atm. Unless when I read the posts I've missed there's nothing else interesting going on.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 11:43 pm
I feel like Sloonei's votes are pretend for the first 3/4ths of D1 and Sig somehow pocketed me in a game recently iirc. Covid? Like I'm just gonna let that stuff play out without worrying about what either of them are doing atm. Unless when I read the posts I've missed there's nothing else interesting going on.
Mirrored a lot of my thoughts Jack. Shall we dance together in honour of our failure to do so in the recent game?
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Why on earth do people keep thinking I have actual reads on Day 0?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 11:43 pm
There we go
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Let me start by suggesting that Long Con is the optimal lynch here always.

1 - He's scummy
2 - He's Long Con, he only contributes when he's a wolf anyway so he's the best possible mislynch
3 - He didn't want me to have scrap
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I wouldn’t say “pretend” though, I’m moving in a real direction when I vote, but it’s not because I think I’ve got anything figured out.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

sig wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 9:29 pm Myo is my favorite player, 10/10 buddying accepted.

Mac seems civvie.
If Nutella was here, she'd call this salad tho.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Jack do you want to lock town each other and just ignore all scum tells in favour of destroying the game if we're right? I like the odds personally.

Return to “Previous Side Missions”