36%

Total votes: 11
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 342
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Re: Jack Attack Mafia (Day 1)

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

Fwiw I don’t think your logic for making that read was bad, just don’t think it applies to alison specifically. She seems like the kind of player that wants most of her posts to be seen and noticed as either alignment.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Funnygurl555
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 138
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers/herself

Post by Funnygurl555 »

Spacedaisy wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:51 pm
Funnygurl555 wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:46 pm ok fine w/e im not used to this gth stuff
I am struggling to decide if I think your tone is coming from a baddie that feels caught by they didn’t expect, or a civ who is frustrated that others see the game differently than they do.

It doesn’t help that I’ve never played with you before.
hi nice to meet you :B
Sloonei wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 7:52 pm We are polar opposites in the most delightful way.
Hally
alien shapeshifter
Posts in topic: 800
Preferred Pronouns: they/them

Post by Hally »

im souring on fg more and more

her posts here are starting to feel performative

inb4 alison says im distancing
ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image ImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 997
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Funnygurl555 wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:49 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:49 pm
Funnygurl555 wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:48 pm jjj more like fff, 1 f for each person who has to be his wolf partner
Your read on me is fake.
you're fake

i bet your name isn't even jack
Who do you think is town?
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Alison
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 519
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by Alison »

Basically everything FG has written on page 15 has been scummy IMO.
There's nothing that says a fake can't surpass the real thing.
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:51 pm Fwiw I don’t think your logic for making that read was bad, just don’t think it applies to alison specifically. She seems like the kind of player that wants most of her posts to be seen and noticed as either alignment.
no, you’re right. it’s generally not a bad tell but not one that applies to alison in particular
Funnygurl555
Drug Dealer

Post by Funnygurl555 »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:52 pm
Funnygurl555 wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:48 pm jjj more like fff, 1 f for each person who has to be his wolf partner
Your read on me is fake.
you're fake

hally, alison, w..isp e_e, nanook's like fine, tentatively town leaning on tsp
Sloonei wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 7:52 pm We are polar opposites in the most delightful way.
KitsuShel
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 174
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by KitsuShel »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:40 pm
KitsuShel wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:37 pm Ok, so. I’ve finally gotten through the entire thread. And this basically boils down to y’all chatting/arguing with each other and metagaming the first day? Or am I misreading?
For the most part I think this has been about getting reads on each other. The game started somewhat spammy, but it has solidified into a well-oiled machine of Mafia work. Some of that is arguing and some of that metagaming, but not all of it. Do you have feelings about any players after catching up?
Gut feeling might be that sprityo, long con, and tony are scum. I feel really good about you and Nanook, but that might also be because you’ve been the most welcoming/informative for me.

I’d say some of the more prolific posters have been aggressive, which is generally a town trait I’ve found.

But, then again, I think I’ve established that you guys have a way more aggressive playstyle here compared to Realms. Which is not a bad thing, mind you. It’s kinda refreshing.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:09 pm Comments coming soon.

Number of shared reads for all pairs that participated:

Player A / Player B -- #shared G reads / #shared B reads -- A's read on B / B's read on A

JJJ / Epi -- 8 / 3 -- G/G
JJJ / Alison -- 4 / 1 -- G/G
JJJ / Daisy -- 5 / 3 -- G/G
JJJ / LC -- 7 / 0 -- B/n/a
JJJ / Wisp -- 6 / 2 -- G/G
JJJ / Hally -- 7 / 2 -- G/G

Epi / Alison -- 4 / 2 -- G/G
Epi / Daisy -- 7 / 4 -- G/G
Epi / LC -- 5 / 0 -- B/G
Epi / Wisp -- 3 / 2 -- G/B
Epi / Hally -- 7 / 4 -- G/G

Alison / Daisy -- 4 / 3 -- G/G
Alison / LC -- 5 / 1 -- G/G
Alison / Wisp -- 3 / 2 -- B/G
Alison / Hally -- 5 / 2 -- B/G

Daisy / LC -- 5 / 1 -- B/G
Daisy / Wisp -- 3 / 2 -- G/B
Daisy / Hally -- 7 / 5 -- G/G

LC / Wisp -- 3 / 0 -- n/a/G
LC / Hally -- 6 / 1 -- n/a/B

Wisp / Hally -- 2 / 1 -- G/G

Comments:
  • The "winner" of the Who Gave the Most Good Reads? sweepstakes is Long Con, at least by proportion. Otherwise it's me, but we don't care about that. No, no, we don't care about that. Unless [mention]Long Con[/mention] has multiple mafia reads among the four he missed, then there is a considerable shortage of suspicion there. That's not great, as I don't see much in his post history to this point that suggests to me he should have developed such a comfortable view of the game state.
  • As I suggested before, Wisp's view of the game is quite different to the general trends here. He's also the most paranoid here at least by the numbers. I'm not sure this bothers me, but it's at least a standout observation. This is also true to a lesser degree for Alison.
  • Daisy and Hally disagree on only one read (FG). There is also a lot of agreement among some other generally town-read pairings, like those featuring combinations of Epi, Daisy, Hally, and myself. This makes me feel decent that a viable circle of trust is forming on the basis of real cooperation.
  • Other value from this exercise ought to be derived as the game continues and analyses are born.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

Funnygurl555 wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:52 pm
Spacedaisy wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:51 pm
Funnygurl555 wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:46 pm ok fine w/e im not used to this gth stuff
I am struggling to decide if I think your tone is coming from a baddie that feels caught by they didn’t expect, or a civ who is frustrated that others see the game differently than they do.

It doesn’t help that I’ve never played with you before.
hi nice to meet you :B
You as well :daisy:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Alison

Post by Alison »

Hally wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:52 pm im souring on fg more and more

Actually I think your shift away from FG is town. If you were distancing you'd be likely to do it when I started suspecting FG/when I started suspecting FG and you. Instead you did it right after she wrote a bunch of scummy stuff, which is indicative of a townie who is just solving the game and seeing the same things I see. Also I don't really read you as a player who's going to just attack a partner at the first sign of trouble.
Funnygurl555
Drug Dealer

Post by Funnygurl555 »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:54 pm As I suggested before, Wisp's view of the game is quite different to the general trends here. He's also the most paranoid here at least by the numbers. I'm not sure this bothers me, but it's at least a standout observation. This is also true to a lesser degree for Alison.
typically a good look when someone goes against consensus reads imo

Fwiw jay wisp having against the grain reads is fairly standard for him ime
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

KitsuShel wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:54 pm
KitsuShel wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:37 pm Ok, so. I’ve finally gotten through the entire thread. And this basically boils down to y’all chatting/arguing with each other and metagaming the first day? Or am I misreading?
For the most part I think this has been about getting reads on each other. The game started somewhat spammy, but it has solidified into a well-oiled machine of Mafia work. Some of that is arguing and some of that metagaming, but not all of it. Do you have feelings about any players after catching up?
Gut feeling might be that sprityo, long con, and tony are scum. I feel really good about you and Nanook, but that might also be because you’ve been the most welcoming/informative for me.

I’d say some of the more prolific posters have been aggressive, which is generally a town trait I’ve found.

But, then again, I think I’ve established that you guys have a way more aggressive playstyle here compared to Realms. Which is not a bad thing, mind you. It’s kinda refreshing.
What about TSP looks bad to you?
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

how experienced are you? just so i can gauge you better
Alison

Post by Alison »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:54 pm

Player A / Player B -- #shared G reads / #shared B reads -- A's read on B / B's read on A

Epi / LC -- 5 / 0 -- B/G

Comments:
  • The "winner" of the Who Gave the Most Good Reads? sweepstakes is Long Con, at least by proportion. Otherwise it's me, but we don't care about that. No, no, we don't care about that. Unless @Long Con has multiple mafia reads among the four he missed, then there is a considerable shortage of suspicion there. That's not great, as I don't see much in his post history to this point that suggests to me he should have developed such a comfortable view of the game state.
  • As I suggested before, Wisp's view of the game is quite different to the general trends here. He's also the most paranoid here at least by the numbers. I'm not sure this bothers me, but it's at least a standout observation. This is also true to a lesser degree for Alison.
  • Daisy and Hally disagree on only one read (FG). There is also a lot of agreement among some other generally town-read pairings, like those featuring combinations of Epi, Daisy, Hally, and myself. This makes me feel decent that a viable circle of trust is forming on the basis of real cooperation.
  • Other value from this exercise ought to be derived as the game continues and analyses are born.
I'm going to keep it real with you - I don't believe in any of this stuff.
Funnygurl555
Drug Dealer

Post by Funnygurl555 »

Alison wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:55 pm
Hally wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:52 pm im souring on fg more and more

Actually I think your shift away from FG is town. If you were distancing you'd be likely to do it when I started suspecting FG/when I started suspecting FG and you. Instead you did it right after she wrote a bunch of scummy stuff, which is indicative of a townie who is just solving the game and seeing the same things I see. Also I don't really read you as a player who's going to just attack a partner at the first sign of trouble.
:stare:
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Funnygurl555 wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:56 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:54 pm As I suggested before, Wisp's view of the game is quite different to the general trends here. He's also the most paranoid here at least by the numbers. I'm not sure this bothers me, but it's at least a standout observation. This is also true to a lesser degree for Alison.
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:56 pm Fwiw jay wisp having against the grain reads is fairly standard for him ime
I might agree. Wisp held strong to some off-script reads in Game 6.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Alison

Post by Alison »

Funnygurl555 wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:54 pm
Your read on me is fake.
you're fake

Imagine managing to waffle even when you're giving totally uncontentious reads

I don’t believe in GTH either but as I referenced earlier...it does seem to work for jay, so I’m not gonna poo poo it or overly question it tbh
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:54 pm

Epi / LC -- 5 / 0 -- B/G

Comments:
  • The "winner" of the Who Gave the Most Good Reads? sweepstakes is Long Con, at least by proportion. Otherwise it's me, but we don't care about that. No, no, we don't care about that. Unless @Long Con has multiple mafia reads among the four he missed, then there is a considerable shortage of suspicion there. That's not great, as I don't see much in his post history to this point that suggests to me he should have developed such a comfortable view of the game state.
fwiw im starting to lean fg as bad now
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Alison wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:56 pm I'm going to keep it real with you - I don't believe in any of this stuff.
That's fine. Many people don't.

I'll just keep killing mafia anyway. :biggrin:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

KitsuShel
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 174
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by KitsuShel »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:42 pm
Not that I’m aware of but lots of us are happy to help with any lingo

Learning a new sites terminology can be pretty daunting/irritating sometimes!
Ok, first off. I’m assuming Miller = Non-powered townie?
And POE (person of e....)?
Alison

Post by Alison »

Does scum come in here and just go "my scumreads are Spirityo, LC and Tony"?

Probably not. You're town.
Funnygurl555
Drug Dealer

Post by Funnygurl555 »

Alison wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:57 pm
Funnygurl555 wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:54 pm
Your read on me is fake.
you're fake

Imagine managing to waffle even when you're giving totally uncontentious reads
pfffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffftffffffftttttttttttttttttttttttttt

Do you have a favorite meal?
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

Funnygurl555 wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:56 pm
i do agree with this though

wisp in particular was pretty contrarian in G6 iirc
Alison

Post by Alison »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:58 pm
Alison wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:56 pm I'm going to keep it real with you - I don't believe in any of this stuff.
That's fine. Many people don't.

I'll just keep killing mafia anyway. :biggrin:
I have no problem with playing along since it costs me very little and everyone has their own process (nanook has his own way of approaching games, etc). Just don't expect me to sheep this stuff.
Alison

Post by Alison »

Going against consensus reads is NAI in a vacuum but could be AI if you have meta on that player.

KitsuShel wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:58 pm

A miller is a role that is town but shows as mafia to cop checks

POE is Process Of Elimination, basically shorthand for “I have a bunch of townreads, these are the people I don’t townread” usually
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

FG please summarize in a sentence or two what makes me an evil yucky butt.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Alison

Post by Alison »

KitsuShel wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:58 pm

Miller = townie who investigates as a wolf when checked by a cop.

POE = Process of Elimination

linki: yeah what nanook said
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

I enjoy GTHs because it helps me sort out what I’m feeling about people a bit.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

idk im torn on fg

i see the scum angle others see. i also can see a town angle. tbd which one wins out in my brain
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I like KitshShel.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Funnygurl555
Drug Dealer

Post by Funnygurl555 »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 4:01 pm FG please summarize in a sentence or two what makes me an evil yucky butt.
your scum reads are easy, you're pocketing people by being NICE to them, and you're controlling the town
Alison

Post by Alison »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:58 pm I don’t believe in GTH either but as I referenced earlier...it does seem to work for jay, so I’m not gonna poo poo it or overly question it tbh
I think there's some benefit even if GTH is totally useless because at the very least it gives you a feeling for the general vibe towards certain players and I'm sure if you're forced to collate data about various players into a graph it forces you to think about the game harder and about what players think towards each other. I do think GTH is snake oil but it's snake oil with a placebo and this isn't even close to the strangest solving method I've seen.
Alison

Post by Alison »

Funnygurl555 wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 4:03 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 4:01 pm FG please summarize in a sentence or two what makes me an evil yucky butt.
your scum reads are easy, you're pocketing people by being NICE to them, and you're controlling the town
Who is JJJ controlling?

We’ve reached that wonderful time of the day where nanook is finally free to take a nap, so I may disappear at some point

Kats Im gonna make it my mission this game to work with you, ping me if you have stuff you want to bounce off me or ask me about or flesh out or whatever else
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Hally wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 4:02 pm idk im torn on fg

i see the scum angle others see. i also can see a town angle. tbd which one wins out in my brain
I dig.

I don't have a great deal of experience with FG. Based on what I've seen though, I am operating on an "if I have to look for the town in you, that's bad" philosophy.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 4:02 pm I like KitshShel.
same

something about them vibes genuine. thin but there
Alison

Post by Alison »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 4:02 pm I like KitshShel.
KitshShel is my strongest townread
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

how much experience do you have with jay?
Funnygurl555
Drug Dealer

Post by Funnygurl555 »

Alison wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 4:03 pm
Who is JJJ controlling?
he just made y'all do gth reads on everyone, meanwhile i can't even get a text back -________-

Wow I’m a trendsetter
Alison

Post by Alison »

Hally/FG is back on the menu

Mood tbh
Funnygurl555
Drug Dealer

Post by Funnygurl555 »

Hally wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 4:04 pm
how much experience do you have with jay?
none LOL except he came in a game as confirmed town when i was also town but i mean w/e. he was gonna let me die there too >:O
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

Alison wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 4:05 pm

Hally/FG is back on the menu
never change
Alison

Post by Alison »

Funnygurl555 wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 4:04 pm
Alison wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 4:03 pm
Who is JJJ controlling?
he just made y'all do gth reads on everyone, meanwhile i can't even get a text back -________-
this isn't really controlling the town though. it's like saying I'm controlling you by making you answer my questions. It's just the regular process of gamesolving.

but more importantly it doesn't reflect JJJ as scum in any way. you seemed to imply that he was manipulating people and trying to get them to sheep his reads and that doesn't reflect at all in the way he asked us to do the GTH

Return to “Previous Jobs”