X-Men [ENDGAME]

Moderator: Community Team

Would you like 24 hour Day phases?

Yes
46%
No
8%
Jonas Graymalkin (The Host, the Non, the Dead)
46%

Total votes: 13
Gunther
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 294

Re: X-Men [Night 1]

Post by Gunther »

Epignosis: Was the lynch a tie?
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 188

Post by Epignosis »

Havok wrote:Epignosis: Was the lynch a tie?
No.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Danger Room Index...100% Complete.
2 Stupid Dogs
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 189

Post by 2 Stupid Dogs »

Epignosis wrote:Danger Room Index...100% Complete.
You shine bright like a diamond.
dunya
Turnip Head
Rachel Green
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 137

Post by Rachel Green »

Epignosis wrote:Danger Room Index...100% Complete.
Very clever Epi!
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 93

Post by Prisoner 509378 »

I need to catch up but I can't until this evening. Sorry to see you go Deathlok (I think that was your username). I voted for Miss Monroe's book because she's a favorite & I didn't really know what the options meant. Lol
Gunther
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Gunther »

So the Danger Room index shows us a listing of everyone's posts. Is this just the host being helpful, or is there something more to it?
Gunther
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Gunther »

Polaris wrote:These books don't sound very pleasant; I went with My Latest Invention.

I realize I did miss the vote deadline, but I don't feel particularly bad, I didn't really have anyone I wanted to vote for. At least there's no penalty in this game.

This post really caught my eye. So, I took a look at what you have posted so far in the game, and you haven't voiced any suspicion so far. You seem content to sit back and not call anyone out. You seem to be saying in this post "Hey, everyone, I didn't vote for the civvie that just got lynched".

So, you have not suspicions whatsoever???
Gunther
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Gunther »

EBWOP: not=no
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Mikhail Rasputin has been reset.
Phoebe Buffay
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 40

Post by Phoebe Buffay »

Havok wrote:
Polaris wrote:These books don't sound very pleasant; I went with My Latest Invention.

I realize I did miss the vote deadline, but I don't feel particularly bad, I didn't really have anyone I wanted to vote for. At least there's no penalty in this game.

This post really caught my eye. So, I took a look at what you have posted so far in the game, and you haven't voiced any suspicion so far. You seem content to sit back and not call anyone out. You seem to be saying in this post "Hey, everyone, I didn't vote for the civvie that just got lynched".

I saw that this morning also. I get a ping by Polaris, if anything sounding indie more than Baddie. But nonetheless, an enemy. I will be keeping an :eye:
Operator
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 229

Post by Operator »

Hi everyone!
Management
Rachel Green
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Rachel Green »

I don't get this. Voting in a lynch is the primary way the civs have to get rid of baddies, yet you don't care that you didn't vote?? Is it because you didn't want to put yourself out there for your vote to be examined? Others did it - if no one voted we wouldn't have a game.
Operator
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Operator »

Ooh I'm so dashing in my cape!

I vote myself for best-looking.
*votes*

Memiors are boring. So are most dissertations, but this one seems cool.
*votes for dissertation*

Linki: Longshot is right :srsnod:
Management
Operator
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Operator »

Aww darn! just realized I could've even all the books up at 4 apiece! My OCD side HATES me right now. Plus spotting imposters seems cool too.
Management
Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 107

Post by Young Lady »

RIP Deathlok

SC, I did not like your tone which sounded self-righteous and blendy, because at the time the prevailing mindset was that Avalanche had some sort of hidden agenda for pushing his Morlocks option. Now that the general view on Avalanche changed, so did yours. Do you see what I am saying? Who would you have voted for though?

Interesting point about Polaris, and that's a mighty fine way to try to detach yourself from the result.

Welcome, Rasputin #2!

And Tony's been paying me to read his book, so I'll go with that.
Supervisor
Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 194

Post by Jack Shephard »

Havok wrote:

I didn't voice any suspicion, so I must not have any suspicions yet!!! Nice work detective. :rolleyes:

And no, I did not see anything that made me want to vote. Sure, I could have popped in and dropped a meaningless vote on someone, but what good would that have done?

And yes, that's how I usually play. I'm not good at fabricating crazy stories from tiny little 'slip-ups' on Day 1 (which by the way doesn't really work anyway). So I prefer to observe at the beginning. And you're welcome for at least stating my reasons for not voting.
dodo
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 161

Post by dodo »

I find Polaris' statement confusing as well, but I know a lot of players who feel that way when they are civs. I don't agree and I don't understand it, since lynches are the only tools we have to kill baddies, but I know a lot of players conduct their civ play with that mindset. I also pause because it seems unlikely to me that the host would single out a baddie on day 1, the way Polaris was singled out in the host post.
2 Stupid Dogs
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 189

Post by 2 Stupid Dogs »

Havok wrote:So the Danger Room index shows us a listing of everyone's posts. Is this just the host being helpful, or is there something more to it?
Epi has been doing this in most games he's in lately, I doubt it's a mechanic or anything.
dunya
Turnip Head
Gunther
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Gunther »

Polaris wrote:
Havok wrote:

I didn't voice any suspicion, so I must not have any suspicions yet!!! Nice work detective. :rolleyes:

And no, I did not see anything that made me want to vote. Sure, I could have popped in and dropped a meaningless vote on someone, but what good would that have done?

And yes, that's how I usually play. I'm not good at fabricating crazy stories from tiny little 'slip-ups' on Day 1 (which by the way doesn't really work anyway). So I prefer to observe at the beginning. And you're welcome for at least stating my reasons for not voting.

Snarkily responding to a genuine point. That doesn't do you any favors.

And, just to clarify, I didn't point you out because you "don't have any suspicions yet". I find it odd that you just don't seem to care about finding suspicions whatsoever. You seem content just sitting back and doing nothing.
Avalanche wrote:I find Polaris' statement confusing as well, but I know a lot of players who feel that way when they are civs. I don't agree and I don't understand it, since lynches are the only tools we have to kill baddies, but I know a lot of players conduct their civ play with that mindset. I also pause because it seems unlikely to me that the host would single out a baddie on day 1, the way Polaris was singled out in the host post.
So, you are saying that Epig would make sure to pick a civvie as the first person to have a Danger Room ID just so as to not put suspicion on someone? I don't see the logic with this. Polaris didn't receive any suspicion whatsoever for having a Danger Room ID first.
Gunther
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Gunther »

Spiral wrote:
Havok wrote:So the Danger Room index shows us a listing of everyone's posts. Is this just the host being helpful, or is there something more to it?
Epi has been doing this in most games he's in lately, I doubt it's a mechanic or anything.

You are right. I remember now that you say that Epig doing this in a recent game.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

T-minus three hours and counting.
dodo
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 161

Post by dodo »

Havok wrote: So, you are saying that Epig would make sure to pick a civvie as the first person to have a Danger Room ID just so as to not put suspicion on someone? I don't see the logic with this. Polaris didn't receive any suspicion whatsoever for having a Danger Room ID first.
I don't know. But I would be nervous as a host putting a baddie out front and center on Day One, knowing that ANYTHING that makes someone stand out is fairly likely to get them lynched.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

If you are interested in serving as a replacement, PM me.
Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Jack Shephard »

Havok wrote:
Polaris wrote:
Havok wrote:

Snarkily responding to a genuine point. That doesn't do you any favors.

And, just to clarify, I didn't point you out because you "don't have any suspicions yet". I find it odd that you just don't seem to care about finding suspicions whatsoever. You seem content just sitting back and doing nothing.
Yes I was making fun, because your deduction was quite redundant considering I had just stated the exact same conclusion you came to. Maybe it was genuine, but it very well could be someone trying to make something of nothing. It is Day 1 after all.

As I originally said, I didn't intend to miss the poll. But considering the circumstances thus far, it's not really a loss. I haven't looked deeply into players' votes yet, but I'm sure there are worse reasons from people who actually did vote. There are also players who have done less this game than I have. There are also players who didn't vote who haven't said a word. I dunno why my admittance has drawn your attention.
Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Jack Shephard »

Avalanche wrote:
Havok wrote: So, you are saying that Epig would make sure to pick a civvie as the first person to have a Danger Room ID just so as to not put suspicion on someone? I don't see the logic with this. Polaris didn't receive any suspicion whatsoever for having a Danger Room ID first.
I don't know. But I would be nervous as a host putting a baddie out front and center on Day One, knowing that ANYTHING that makes someone stand out is fairly likely to get them lynched.
I don't even know how to respond to this. While I know I'm good, I don't think the fact that my ID (which hasn't shown any significance in the game yet) was revealed on Day 1 is a good way to prove it. And yes, I am as curious as everyone else as to what the ID means.
Paul Stevens
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 67

Post by Paul Stevens »

Clearly we need help picking out the baddies...

I'm going with How to Spot Imposters for sure.
Saito
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 34

Post by Saito »

RIP Deathloc

Longshot - touche'

I voted How to Spot Imposters bc it would be a cool ability to have.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Re: X-Men [POLLS]

Post by Epignosis »

Select a book for studying.

How to Spot Imposters, by Kevin Sydney
Banshee (2), Sunfire (4), Mojo (13), Phoenix (24), Scarlet Witch (25)
20%

The Humanitarian Mutant, a Memoir by Ororo Munroe
Shadowcat (11), Dazzler (19), Exodus (20), Thunderbird (21)
16%

The Universal Atlas: A Mutant’s Guide, by Charles Little Sky
White Queen (6), Longshot (8), Avalanche (10), Sebastian Shaw (14)
16%

My Latest Invention, a Dissertation by Forge
The Vision (7), Spiral (12), Bastion (15), Polaris (16), Mikhail Rasputin (22)
20%

Being Obscenely Wealthy (and Other Defensive Tactics) by Tony Stark
Deadpool (3), Quicksilver (5), Marrow (9), Havok (17), Hawkeye (23)
20%

Fifty Shades of Grey, by Scott Summers (The Host, the Mod, the Dead)
Epignosis (1), Deathlok (18)
8%

Total votes : 25
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Sabretooth’s Dream

Victor Creed had been tracking Logan for days across the Canadian wilderness. The trail was getting stronger, and he knew he was close to his foe.

Or as he liked to think, his prey.

So it at once shocked and humiliated Victor when Logan fell on him from above, adamantium claws extended and emitting a growl that was just as keen. The beast of a man dodged a series of blows that fell the tree behind him.

He woke up when the timber struck the ground.

A blade of a different sort was staring him in the face. Magnetism held it poised inches from Sabretooth’s eyes.

“I am displeased,” Magneto said. “You have slept through the night, and you have done nothing.”

No one has been killed.

It is now Day 2. You have 48 hours to destroy someone.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

The voice of Professor X resonated in everyone's minds:

Mutants! You've had a rocky start, but don't get discouraged. You may be different, but that's what makes you special. You must reach within yourselves to find your self-confidence and unleash your natural leadership potential. That is The Secret.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Re: X-Men [Day 2]

Post by Epignosis »

If you did not get a PM, your action was successful. If you were expecting a PM but did not get one, private message me.
Chuck
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 53

Post by Chuck »

So glad no one died :) I have a few individuals I want to reread.
Rachel Green
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Rachel Green »

Yay for no kill! The post makes it sound like Sabretooth didn't send in his PM because it says he didn't do anything.

HOST: Did you receive all the pm's expected* last night? Are the posts just storytelling or might there be hints about what happened in them?

*not counting people who use a power on an inconsistent basis or/and people who didn't have powers last night
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Longshot wrote:HOST: Did you receive all the pm's expected* last night? Are the posts just storytelling or might there be hints about what happened in them?

*not counting people who use a power on an inconsistent basis or/and people who didn't have powers last night
The writing is literary decoration. Please don't read into it.

I won't share if there were any missing PMs.
Saito
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 34

Post by Saito »

Yay no death!

I am looking at votes and posts so far.

And trying to wrap my mind around all the possible scenarios with the voting manipulations that will/could be in play today.

Linky Epi - somehow I am not surprised. lol
Quokka
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 14
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Quokka »

I'm glad no one died
To be recycled
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Yay! No one died. I'm going to go catch up, now.
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Re: X-Men [Day 1]

White Queen wrote:@Exodus; I believe Mojo said he reread, and that caused him to change his mind.
Yeah, I saw that Mojo reread. I actually just reread his statement to make sure I didn't misinterpret what went on, myself. I suppose him being "confused" as to who the Morlocks were could explain his change in opinion of Avalanche, but I'm not sure that is the case. My problem is, he started out 1. agreeing with Avalanche about looking into conformists, and 2. defending him yet leaving his options open. Both of which to me are kind of scummy considering he switched his opinion so quickly. I'm all for changing opinions, but what I do not understand is why he took the morlock discussion so seriously. How does ignoring or debating with those who say morlocks are good, make him scum? I don't feel like that is a reason to vote (I ask, why would a baddie draw such attention to themselves when unnecessary?), and I feel like he was using the morlock discussion to help force a suspicion. Especially since he is also in a way contradicting the agreeing with #1 (to look at conformists) which should have had nothing to do with Avalanche's alignment (it was an actual opinion that he just contradicted, in my eyes). It doesn't come across sincere to me.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I hope everyone enjoyed their time at the Xavier Institute for Higher Learning. I hope you studied hard and learned something along the way.

Discretion is key. "Info dumping" is not permitted.

Next stop...Scotland.
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Hawkeye wrote:I would have liked to hear more from Shadowcat because I really didn't like this post and it's what bugged me the most so far.
Shadowcat wrote:Sorry I haven't been around much. I am quite busy fighting supervillians, and will continue to be doing so for a few days. I will try to make some time when I can though.

I thought it was very interesting how Avalance really kept pushing the Morlock Tunnels, when I felt like we had sound logic/advice not to do so. Not sure if he has an ulterior motive or was just being goofy, but I would lean towards the first one. I also thought this was interesting.
Bastion wrote:
Avalanche wrote:
White Queen wrote: Do you have a motive for wanting people to not go to the school?
Yes. My motive is that I don't want to go there. I want to fight Morlocks.
Why do you want to fight a group of outcasts when the leader of the brotherhood base is on the list?
If you're going to go fight someone, this option makes a lot more sense.

As for the Polaris having an ID thing, I think we'll need more information before we start putting that puzzle together.
I'll be placing my vote here today.
While I agree with the whole logic that is being argued against Avalanche as far as how choosing that option wasn't the best, I do wonder why Shadowcat said that she was leaning towards him doing this because he had an ulterior motive, rather than being goofy because I read it the opposite, since it kept continuing it came across as clearly chaotic/antagonizing behavior. So, Shadowcat, if you haven't explained, can you explain some more about this? If you have I'll hopefully see when catching up.
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Mojo wrote:
White Queen wrote:
Mojo wrote:Did bastion just vote and not post? I'm not feeling the greatest about those two quick votes for avalanche so quickly at the end of the poll here.. :stare:

Linki- ok then
"Quick"? The poll ended at 6:30, I voted at 6:04.
The timing of those two votes just pinged me a bit for a minute. Not enough to make me change my vote though.

I think if avalanche wanted to avoid this he could have answered more of the questions brought to him instead of morlock tunnel vision.
Avoid what? Being lynched? I am not understanding your statement.
Golf
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 57

Post by Golf »

Avoid getting votes/almost being lynched. I'm not sure what it so confusing about that statement.?
Fractal
sprityo
Celeste
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 129

Post by Celeste »

Yay for no death!

I'm sorry, but I worked an 11-hour work day today and am absolutely exhausted tonight. I plan to unwind mentally and catch up fully tomorrow.
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Mojo wrote:Avoid getting votes/almost being lynched. I'm not sure what it so confusing about that statement.?
My problem is, doesn't that imply he didn't care about being lynched? Wouldn't a scum care about being lynched?
Golf
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Golf »

Exodus wrote:
Mojo wrote:Avoid getting votes/almost being lynched. I'm not sure what it so confusing about that statement.?
My problem is, doesn't that imply he didn't care about being lynched? Wouldn't a scum care about being lynched?
I'd think most roles in this game would care about being lynched, civvie or scum.
Fractal
sprityo
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Mojo wrote:
Exodus wrote:
I'd think most roles in this game would care about being lynched, civvie or scum.
I thought your statement was showing your suspicion of Avalanche more. If I misinterpreted it, nevermind.
Joe Who?
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 153
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Joe Who? »

yay, no death :) very interesting night otherwise :ponder:
Golf
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Golf »

You are confusing me and I'm not really sure where you are even going with this. I voted for avalanche because I didn't think his actions day one were civvie-like. He spent most of the time talking about killing morlocks, and the other part not answering questions people were asking him.
Fractal
sprityo
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Mojo wrote:You are confusing me and I'm not really sure where you are even going with this. I voted for avalanche because I didn't think his actions day one were civvie-like. He spent most of the time talking about killing morlocks, and the other part not answering questions people were asking him.
I thought you said that if Avalanche wanted to avoid getting votes he would have answered the questions, which contradicts the idea that a baddie (you thought he was bad) wants to survive. I don't know how else to explain myself.

Return to “Previous Jobs”