X-Men [ENDGAME]

Moderator: Community Team

Would you like 24 hour Day phases?

Yes
46%
No
8%
Jonas Graymalkin (The Host, the Non, the Dead)
46%

Total votes: 13
Chuck
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 53

Re: X-Men [Day 2]

Post by Chuck »

My thoughts are that White Queen and Avalanche are the two silenced.

On Havok: I don't really have much to add except that if he was scum, I would think he would PM the host the question about the tie instead of openly asking in the thread. And, since he did openly ask, maybe it was a slip. Don't really know or have a strong opinion on the matter.

@ Quicksilver: I agree that there are most likely scum among the quiet players, there usually are. Then again, there are usually scum who are quite talkative as well. I think if we look only to the quiet players we are just as likely to lynch a townie just as we are scum.

@ whoever asked if those who voted for How to Spot Imposters had any info on who to vote for today. We are not allowed to share such info, remember?
Saito
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 34

Post by Saito »

Scarlet Witch wrote:
Quicksilver wrote:Scarlet, I'm concerned about both Indy players and Baddies. I'm scared of all 10 of them, but quite frankly more scared of the Indies getting more powerful as the days go by and some being hard for us to get later on. If I were Bad, I would be focussing on Civs, not Indy. We need to really think about this vote because we keep not having much good insight when we vote and we accidentally got a Civ last time.
So you don't get my point?

You are focusing on 2 when you should be focused on 10 of them. My point 7>2 or 3
Forgot to add about the bolded As a baddie how do you focus on civs? Just curious.
That staement just pops out at me as well as your need to know about my poll choice.
So full of wifom
Lunatella
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 48

Post by Lunatella »

I think Banshee and Scarlet Witch are bad, even though they don't look like monsters. :ponder:
Banshee wrote:i really didn't allow enough time for this, but at this moment i feel okay with avalanche, i think he's probably just a silly nerd. i feel more comfortable with a deathlok lynch, though not by a lot. reading his posts i do see some possible weirdness coming from that direction, especially with the accusations of sebastian not being a sock, so... *crosses fingers*
But I'm not a sock! I'm a human! :haha:

Does "silly" and "weird" mean the same thing? :ponder:
Banshee wrote:damnit, sorry deathlok :(
I think you're trying to trick people into thinking you feel sorry about Deathlok so I want to vote for you.

I think the White Queen is good.
Lunalee
nutella
Phoebe Buffay
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 40

Post by Phoebe Buffay »

Scarlet Witch, dear sisters lol. I've been dying to say that. Anyway, in the past when I've played and been Bad, I've had the goal of eliminating Civs to win. Indy usually can go either way to win etc. I understand you point that there are more Baddie than Indy in this game, but our goal as a whole is to eliminate all 10 to win. I'm focussing on trying to get them all out, so it would be a bonus to get the Indy first when their powers grow each day/zing hot making it almost impossible to get some of them unless the ones with certain powers are still in this game on our X-Men side. I'm thinking of the long run, but want all 10 out no doubt.
Phoebe Buffay
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Phoebe Buffay »

Day/night EBWOP
Paul Stevens
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 67

Post by Paul Stevens »

I'm alive and not silenced (and totally not scum; just worked super late today)! :phew:

Looking at the posts, I'm inclined to agree that Avalanche is one of the silenced, since he was so keen to speak the last Day and Night. (I kinda miss the commentary, actually :)

The Imposter book was somewhat helpful, but as was mentioned, it's not terribly helpful at this time in my decision-making process. Hopefully more insight will come out of it later on.

I need to complete more investigating/logistics with who's left and who's talking to make my decision. Just figured I'd chime in before too much time passed. Onward to investigation! :biggrin:
Joe Who?
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 153
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Joe Who? »

Sunfire wrote:@ whoever asked if those who voted for How to Spot Imposters had any info on who to vote for today. We are not allowed to share such info, remember?
it was Quicksilver.

i'm curious to ask him though, what gave him the impression that voting that particular option might have provided such a thing, that is a very specific question to ask.
Phoebe Buffay
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Phoebe Buffay »

Banshee wrote:
Sunfire wrote:@ whoever asked if those who voted for How to Spot Imposters had any info on who to vote for today. We are not allowed to share such info, remember?
it was Quicksilver.

i'm curious to ask him though, what gave him the impression that voting that particular option might have provided such a thing, that is a very specific question to ask.
Because if you look at my posts, I wanted to vote both for that and Wealthy that I ended up voting for and wanted some insight into if that option helped. I know you can't specifically tell me what info anyone got, but I thought maybe the people who got that option had guidance who the attention for this poll should be on was all.
After all, I can't share if I had anything with my option either. (Hides the giant stacks of money behind my legs) :lorab:
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 93

Post by Prisoner 509378 »

Quicksilver wrote:
Banshee wrote:
it was Quicksilver.

Because if you look at my posts, I wanted to vote both for that and Wealthy that I ended up voting for and wanted some insight into if that option helped. I know you can't specifically tell me what info anyone got, but I thought maybe the people who got that option had guidance who the attention for this poll should be on was all.
After all, I can't share if I had anything with my option either. (Hides the giant stacks of money behind my legs) :lorab:
Now that you've mentioned it (I missed it originally), I'm not quite sure why you chose wealth over something that you thought would provide such helpful information.
Phoebe Buffay
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Phoebe Buffay »

Exodus wrote:
Quicksilver wrote:
Banshee wrote:
it was Quicksilver.

Now that you've mentioned it (I missed it originally), I'm not quite sure why you chose wealth over something that you thought would provide such helpful information.
You coukd ask the same question to anyone who voted any option besides Imposters. I chose it because it seemed too obvious and i saw the word defense and hoped it would pay off. If i am causing suspicion, I woukdnt be talking so much and trying to help.
Phoebe Buffay
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Phoebe Buffay »

By seeming too obvious, i was saying How to Spot an Imposter. Im on a break and dont have much time sorry.
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Quicksilver wrote: You coukd ask the same question to anyone who voted any option besides Imposters. I chose it because it seemed too obvious and i saw the word defense and hoped it would pay off. If i am causing suspicion, I woukdnt be talking so much and trying to help.
Well these kind of polls aren't something I am necessarily used to, but I find information more valuable than defense, especially in a 26 game where I'm not sure you were exactly a target for the mafia (no offense). As for your comment about talking and trying to help, I'm not sure how that has anything to do with what option you chose and it comes off overly defensive.
Operator
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 229

Post by Operator »

If this is true....
Quicksilver wrote: in the past when I've played and been Bad, I've had the goal of eliminating Civs to win. Indy usually can go either way to win etc.
Then why would this be true?
Quicksilver wrote: our goal as a whole is to eliminate all 10 to win. I'm focussing on trying to get them all [Baddies and Indies] out
I'm not saying it's suspicious (I don't think it is, particularly). I'm just saying your logic on this is very, very off.
Management
Celeste
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 129

Re: X-Men [Night 1]

Post by Celeste »

Hawkeye wrote:SC, I did not like your tone which sounded self-righteous and blendy, because at the time the prevailing mindset was that Avalanche had some sort of hidden agenda for pushing his Morlocks option. Now that the general view on Avalanche changed, so did yours. Do you see what I am saying? Who would you have voted for though?
Sorry! I thought I had responded to it when I really hadn't. I'm still catching up, but I want to pause to answer this since it's directed at me.

If I sounded self-righteous at the time, I apologize. I wasn't trying to. As for being blendy, I'm not sure how you want me to respond to that. Because I don't feel I was trying to be blendy, but trying to voice my own opinion of Avalanche at the time. And yes, my opinion on him has changed. But I mentioned why earlier.

As to whom I would have voted for, I honestly have no idea. And I'm still not entirely sure who I want to look at most for today.
Celeste
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 129

Post by Celeste »

Mikhail Rasputin wrote:If this is true....
Quicksilver wrote: in the past when I've played and been Bad, I've had the goal of eliminating Civs to win. Indy usually can go either way to win etc.
Quicksilver wrote: our goal as a whole is to eliminate all 10 to win. I'm focussing on trying to get them all [Baddies and Indies] out
I'm not saying it's suspicious (I don't think it is, particularly). I'm just saying your logic on this is very, very off.
I'm curious to see what your response to this is, Quicksilver.

I disagree on it not being suspicious however. While saying something illogical isn't necessarily damning, contradicting oneself never looks civvie to me.
2 Stupid Dogs
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 189

Post by 2 Stupid Dogs »

I'm leaning towards Quicksilver today tbh
dunya
Turnip Head
Phoebe Buffay
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Phoebe Buffay »

Shadowcat wrote:
Mikhail Rasputin wrote:If this is true....
I'm curious to see what your response to this is, Quicksilver.

I disagree on it not being suspicious however. While saying something illogical isn't necessarily damning, contradicting oneself never looks civvie to me.
I was saying when I'm Bad, I want the Civs out and Indy could either help me or be someone later on to get rid of. When I'm good, I want all baddies and Indy out. This particular game I was saying has 10, people we need out. I'm trying to just make sure the other X men on my team realize how dangerous the Indy are also.
And Spiral, then vote for me and waste a vote. Otherwise, take a step back and see I'm trying to help and I may not be as experienced as some, but I'm trying.
Nicol Bolas
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 113
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Nicol Bolas »

quicky's actin spishus for sure
2 Stupid Dogs
Sockpuppet Account

Post by 2 Stupid Dogs »

Quicksilver, I really do not understand how you seem to suspect Polaris and suspect Havok for suspecting Polaris at the same time.
dunya
Turnip Head
Phoebe Buffay
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Phoebe Buffay »

Quicksilver wrote:
Havok wrote:
Polaris wrote:These books don't sound very pleasant; I went with My Latest Invention.

I realize I did miss the vote deadline, but I don't feel particularly bad, I didn't really have anyone I wanted to vote for. At least there's no penalty in this game.

This post really caught my eye. So, I took a look at what you have posted so far in the game, and you haven't voiced any suspicion so far. You seem content to sit back and not call anyone out. You seem to be saying in this post "Hey, everyone, I didn't vote for the civvie that just got lynched".

So, you have not suspicions whatsoever???
I saw that this morning also. I get a ping by Polaris, if anything sounding indie more than Baddie. But nonetheless, an enemy. I will be keeping an :eye:
I did not suspect Havok because he suspected Polaris!! I agreed with him here first of all that she seemed suspicious.

Then, i stated my reasons for Havok having my eye was because he expected a different outcome on the poll and asked Epi. That made me want to watch him, and I already made I was eying Polaris before that post from Havok about the poll.

Two totally separate reasons for me to suspect each individual. Don't twist my words.
Phoebe Buffay
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Phoebe Buffay »

Quicksilver wrote:
The Vision wrote:
Havok wrote:Epignosis: Was the lynch a tie?
Havok, I'd like to hear from you about this post. Are you unaware of the poll thread, or did you have a different reason for asking this? Considering what such info might have helped reveal, if Epig had answered yes, it feels like the question isn't very civ friendly... :ponder:
Catching up that definitely stands out to me also. The vote was clearly posted in the polls and Deathlok had the majority. So either Havok expected a different outcome because he/she knows something, or some type of manipulation Havok may have done to the votes didn't turn out as expected is my thought.
I'm looking at Havok or Polaris so far today...
Here is where I stated why I suspected Havok later that day btw.
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Not sure I like Thunderbirds vote. First off, it is an unexplained vote and he has only 3 posts with no attempt at scumhunting. And I was actually leaning towards White Queen being silenced by the baddies because I find it more likely a civvie silenced Avalanche. I don't remember White Queen coming off suspicious. I'll review her posts tomorrow.
2 Stupid Dogs
Sockpuppet Account

Post by 2 Stupid Dogs »

Quicksilver, these two posts of yours give me a different impression:

Quicksilver wrote:
Spiral wrote:
Quicksilver wrote:
The Vision wrote:
Havok wrote:Epignosis: Was the lynch a tie?
Havok, I'd like to hear from you about this post. Are you unaware of the poll thread, or did you have a different reason for asking this? Considering what such info might have helped reveal, if Epig had answered yes, it feels like the question isn't very civ friendly... :ponder:
Catching up that definitely stands out to me also. The vote was clearly posted in the polls and Deathlok had the majority. So either Havok expected a different outcome because he/she knows something, or some type of manipulation Havok may have done to the votes didn't turn out as expected is my thought.
I'm looking at Havok or Polaris so far today...
Isn't part of the reason you suspect Havok for "setting up" Polaris?
I do think he wants to get Polaris eyed, which Polaris should be for the ingenuity... But I feel one here being Bad, and the other Indy IMO. Which like I said, I feel I need to vote one of them out today.
AND

Quicksilver wrote:
Havok wrote:
Polaris wrote:These books don't sound very pleasant; I went with My Latest Invention.

I realize I did miss the vote deadline, but I don't feel particularly bad, I didn't really have anyone I wanted to vote for. At least there's no penalty in this game.

This post really caught my eye. So, I took a look at what you have posted so far in the game, and you haven't voiced any suspicion so far. You seem content to sit back and not call anyone out. You seem to be saying in this post "Hey, everyone, I didn't vote for the civvie that just got lynched".

So, you have not suspicions whatsoever???
I saw that this morning also. I get a ping by Polaris, if anything sounding indie more than Baddie. But nonetheless, an enemy. I will be keeping an :eye:
dunya
Turnip Head
Gunther
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 294

Post by Gunther »

Unfortunately, I am leaving out early this morning and I am not going to be around most of the day today. I would probably go ahead and vote early if I didn't feel like I might end up needing to vote defensively today. Regardless, best case I still won't be able to get on and vote until the final hour of the lynch poll.
Chuck
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 53

Post by Chuck »

Exodus wrote:Not sure I like Thunderbirds vote. First off, it is an unexplained vote and he has only 3 posts with no attempt at scumhunting.
I'm weirded out by Thunderbird's vote as well. Can you explain your vote and why you didn't give an explanation before?

@ Sebastian - can you better explain your vote for Banshee?
Rachel Green
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 137

Post by Rachel Green »

Sunfire wrote:
Exodus wrote:Not sure I like Thunderbirds vote. First off, it is an unexplained vote and he has only 3 posts with no attempt at scumhunting.
I'm weirded out by Thunderbird's vote as well. Can you explain your vote and why you didn't give an explanation before?

@ Sebastian - can you better explain your vote for Banshee?
When I asked for Sebastian's reason for his day 1 vote he said, paraphrasing, because I think he's bad. I would also like to hear the explanation of these two votes, one by Thuderbird one by Sebastian. If the reason is "because I think they are bad" I'd like to hear why you think they are bad. There must be some reason.

I don't know yet who I'm going to vote for today.
Saito
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Saito »

Quicksilver - why do you "NEED" to lynch an Indy TODAY?
Your words not mine.
Snapshot
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 191

Post by Snapshot »

Reading back through Quicksilver's posts, he reads like a noob, to me, but maybe a noob baddie? (I really hope the player behind the avatar isn't a longtime player, lol?) Like, the things he is saying all sound bad, but sort of in an "I'm new and don't realize how these things sound" way. But then, he does mention in one post about how "when he's been bad" etc. so this certainly isn't his first game…

An infatuation about indies can def. indicate that someone is baddie.

He def. has been quick to agree with others' suspicions, and perhaps most damning is that those suspicions haven't been very good or impressive (and I'm including my ping on Havok in the not great section, I mean let's face it, it's not exactly damning). So QS has been all "yeah!" about whatever pings were put out there.

I'm not sure if they will get my vote yet, I'm still reading back, but I won't be against a lynch in that direction today. He's definitely off a bit.
Reporting
Snapshot
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Snapshot »

We've also got an AWFUL lot of absent players. I know Epig's been trying for replacements. But there are so many that it is frustrating. For instance, I haven't noticed anyone else with a Danger Room Id today. Is that because no one got one last night? Or is it because whoever did hasn't posted yet today? These absences influence our ability to understand the game's nuances.

Hopefully players will get on it soon!
Reporting
Saito
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Saito »

Yeah there are alot absent players something that is so frustrating for those who are playing but even more frustrating for a host. I mean why even sign up if you are not going to play?

I hope more will post and answer questions I have out there to help me with this lynch.
Saito
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Saito »

someone pointed out who was silenced they pin pointed 2 players but with so many who haven't posted Idk how they would know that. I have been so much I forget the player and wil search for the post now.
Saito
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Saito »

Quicksilver wrote:
Banshee wrote:
it was Quicksilver.

I forgot to ask Quicksilver why he did not answer me about this when I had asked him twice about it before they did.
I want to know if you are afraid of what I may learn about you? And if you cannot info dump why would you ask others to do it?
Rachel Green
Sockpuppet Account

Re: X-Men [Day 1]

Post by Rachel Green »

Quicksilver wrote:I have to vote bleh... I would like to vote for a quiet player like Banshee, but I think maybe some people haven't started as Epignosis has said he needs a replacement. I understand both sides of the Pronoun argument as stated earlier, but I do have to pick someone to vote so I will try to trust the group saying Deathlok's slip up is really a Baddie mistake. I still dont think there is enough evidence to vote against the other people being accused today yet, Avalanche, Scarlet Witch, etc.
(Votes Deathlok)
Quicksilver, this has been bothering me and I haven't found an answer so I'm just going to ask. I double checked and Scarlett Witch was the one who made the potential "slip". It was that "slip" that I saw all the discussion about regarding did that mean she was a baddie or just mis-gendered Polaris. What slip up did Deathlok have that you are saying here was a baddie mistake? I may have just missed it and am confused because the only potential slip I saw was Scarlett's.
Saito
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Saito »

Sunfire wrote:My thoughts are that White Queen and Avalanche are the two silenced.

On Havok: I don't really have much to add except that if he was scum, I would think he would PM the host the question about the tie instead of openly asking in the thread. And, since he did openly ask, maybe it was a slip. Don't really know or have a strong opinion on the matter.

@ Quicksilver: I agree that there are most likely scum among the quiet players, there usually are. Then again, there are usually scum who are quite talkative as well. I think if we look only to the quiet players we are just as likely to lynch a townie just as we are scum.

@ whoever asked if those who voted for How to Spot Imposters had any info on who to vote for today. We are not allowed to share such info, remember?
Aha! here it is. He states straight away that Avalanche and White Queen are indeed silenced.

Also funny you think like Quicksilver, that there is most likely baddies among the low posters - there usualy are. Too funny tbh. I have hosted plenty of times and 90% of the time low posters are indeed civ.I do like the way you covered your ass at the end of that paragraph.
Phoebe Buffay
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Phoebe Buffay »

Scarlet if you guys want to vote me out, go for it. You're losing another Civ. When I defend too much when I'm Civ, it never helps and I get eliminated. So I'm not defending anymore and have made my posts for the day. But I guarantee you that my asking about things is to help us eliminate the 10 Baddies/Indies. I'm trying to help just trust me.
Saito
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Saito »

Sebastian Shaw wrote:I think Banshee and Scarlet Witch are bad, even though they don't look like monsters. :ponder:
Banshee wrote:i really didn't allow enough time for this, but at this moment i feel okay with avalanche, i think he's probably just a silly nerd. i feel more comfortable with a deathlok lynch, though not by a lot. reading his posts i do see some possible weirdness coming from that direction, especially with the accusations of sebastian not being a sock, so... *crosses fingers*

I think you're trying to trick people into thinking you feel sorry about Deathlok so I want to vote for you.

Gtk
Can you say why or point to a post?

BTW For anyone looking this is his reasoning for his Banshee vote.

Linky - k but why do you HAVE to lynch and Indy TODAY?
Joe Who?
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 153
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Joe Who? »

I did felt bad for deathlok, it was partially my fault that he died and he had a pretty cool role.

Silly and weird don't mean the same thing. Silly is like saying "hey, let's kill morlocks" when there are none in the game, weirdness is legitimately acting like it makes perfect sense that a player in this sockpuppet game wouldn't be a sockpuppet .

I have stuff happening today so I have to vote in the next hour and a half or so.
Phoebe Buffay
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Phoebe Buffay »

Scarlet Witch wrote:
Sebastian Shaw wrote:I think Banshee and Scarlet Witch are bad, even though they don't look like monsters. :ponder:

Gtk

I don't HAVE to do anything, I was trying to explain how dangerous they were. I like to read through roles to keep in mind different abilities. I want all 10 gone, any of them will do today. But, I was saying we need to pay attention to try to get the Indy out also. You are reading way too into it Scarlet. I'm Civ and trying to help, take a chill pill.
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 188

Post by Epignosis »

I am currently seeking one replacement- possibly two.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Saito
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Saito »

Quicksilver wrote:
Scarlet Witch wrote:

Gtk

I don't HAVE to do anything, I was trying to explain how dangerous they were. I like to read through roles to keep in mind different abilities. I want all 10 gone, any of them will do today. But, I was saying we need to pay attention to try to get the Indy out also. You are reading way too into it Scarlet. I'm Civ and trying to help, take a chill pill.
No u :p
Snapshot
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Snapshot »

So Quicksilver, are you leaning more towards voting for Polaris or Havok today?
Reporting
2 Stupid Dogs
Sockpuppet Account

Post by 2 Stupid Dogs »

Quick Silver never responded to my post. I am voting him/her/ze.
dunya
Turnip Head
Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 107

Post by Young Lady »

I have noticed the independents being brought up back and forth, but no real discussion on them. I realize two of them have secrets but maybe we can make some assumptions based on our host's past games and the nature of the characters in the X-Men universe.

Omega Red: No secrets there, can win with any group as long as the characters he's chosen are eliminated. During the day periods he has to at least appear civ friendly for credibility and help find scum.

Sentinels: In the comics/movies they are anti-mutant robots, which means all mutants regardless of alignment. In this game, neither civilians nor the Brotherhood can win with them, so they may not be civ friendly, but they are most definitely not scum friendly either.

Apocalypse: In the animated series, the character had some very cool lines 'I am the rocks of the eternal shore. Crash against me and be broken. ' or 'Evil? I am not malevolent. I simply am.' It's been a long since I've watched that, but went to Wiki and he's been recruiting his 4 horsemen, Angel/Archangel among them. Looking at the info we have on the role, he basically looks immortal, however, looking at at least one of our host's past games where there was such a powerful independent - could not be lynched or night killed, they were dependent upon a specific group: when the last member of that group was eliminated, so was that independent. I think Apocalypse recruits his four horsemen, perhaps specific roles like Archangel, and when they are eliminated, so is he. Here is some info regarding the incarnations of the Horsemen. There are mutants from both sides in there.

While I'm still in the speculation area, I'll talk briefly about the other two roles with secrets:

Storm: Alters the weather. This can mean anything, but since she's a civilian, it could that she can control the outcome of lynches, or has some kind of vote manipulation powers.

Mystique: For those of you who don't know, she's a shapeshifter. This can mean a number of things: she could pose as a mutant of her choice and use their power, but that would be too similar to Rogue's role, or some of you may already be familiar with the Catherine Martell role, who, if lynched can control the role she was shown as. Perhaps we're in that area with Mystique as well.

Note that these are all just speculations in an attempt to offer some insight one the game mechanics. I could be miles away from what the secrets actually mean. The point of it all, especially with the independents is to see if they are an immediate danger and if it's worth hunting them down or have them help us get rid of the baddies.

So, sorry for the slightly off topic post. I'll work on one regarding my suspicions soon.
Supervisor
Rachel Green
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Rachel Green »

Quicksilver, mine is a simple post to respond to. I know you're saying you're finished for today but my post is just an explanation of your Day 1 vote. I'd appreciate if you'd answer it.
SmashKings
SmashKings Host
Posts in topic: 45

Post by SmashKings »

Quicksilver wrote:
Scarlet Witch wrote:

Gtk

You seem overly concerned with the dangerousness of indies. More so than that of the baddies IMO. This doesn't make sense to me. With all the baddies still in play, of course we need to be concerned with our other enemies but our main priority should be reducing the baddie population then moving on to the indies. Thing is, I haven't read the indy win conditions in a while but if they can win with civs then why should we want them dead? That's only gonna make them want us dead in self defense. If an indy can win with the civs I welcome their help. The fact you've been asking people to infodump is also a concern to me...
Snapshot
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Snapshot »

I'm very conflicted about quicksilver. If he is bad, this has been some pretty sloppy play, I hate to say it, but at the end of the day, I don't see a great alternative. Im voting qs, but I would request that someone put a vote on havok at some point to satisfy my ping about him maybe bring a sentinel...
Reporting
Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 107

Post by Young Lady »

Shadowcat: Thank you for taking the time to reply. I have to admit that I'm not totally satisfied with the content of your explanation, but I do appreciate the change of tone and your willingness to clarify certain aspects. I will probably not vote for you today, but I'm still keeping an eye on you.

Quicksilver: People looking at independents and serial killers are usually very concerned baddies. We know that at least one of the independents can choose to night kill, but we are talking about the one who can win with either side. The other two, while not civ friendly, they definitely want the baddies gone just as much as the next person.
Quicksilver wrote:Scarlet, I'm concerned about both Indy players and Baddies. I'm scared of all 10 of them, but quite frankly more scared of the Indies getting more powerful as the days go by and some being hard for us to get later on. If I were Bad, I would be focussing on Civs, not Indy. We need to really think about this vote because we keep not having much good insight when we vote and we accidentally got a Civ last time.
This is a classic baddie approach. I completely disagree that baddies would be focusing on civilians and not independents. During the day, as scum, you can't get away with lynching too many civilians without having to offer some kind of explanation. Civilians can be eliminated during the night, which leaves independents and baddie teammates. While there are players who would throw their teammates under the bus if necessary for credibility, others may not be too happy with it, so a lynched independent would technically make everyone happy. In this game we have two independents with secrets who can't win with the baddie team, therefore a threat.
Quicksilver wrote:I did not suspect Havok because he suspected Polaris!! I agreed with him here first of all that she seemed suspicious.

Then, i stated my reasons for Havok having my eye was because he expected a different outcome on the poll and asked Epi. That made me want to watch him, and I already made I was eying Polaris before that post from Havok about the poll.

Two totally separate reasons for me to suspect each individual. Don't twist my words.
I do understand his logic here for suspecting both Polaris and Havok, as an independent and a baddie, respectively. If I am to suspect him, it is not for this, but for willing to choose the potential independent over the potential baddie, which makes little sense.

Thunderbird: Votes White Queen without saying anything. He can't have been silenced because both silencers also prevent their target fro voting. Two of the most vocal players so far, White Queen and Avalanche have not posted nor voted yet, and we've seen White Queen lurking so we can assume they have been targeted. Why did you vote for White Queen?

Sebastian Shaw: I would have liked for him to elaborate on why he chose Banshee, after 'feeling' that Deadpool was bad on Day 1.
Supervisor
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

I voted for Thunderbird, I don't like any aspects of his vote.
Phoebe Buffay
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Phoebe Buffay »

The Vision wrote:I'm very conflicted about quicksilver. If he is bad, this has been some pretty sloppy play, I hate to say it, but at the end of the day, I don't see a great alternative. Im voting qs, but I would request that someone put a vote on havok at some point to satisfy my ping about him maybe bring a sentinel...
If I were bad, why would I be putting myself front and center? I'd be sitting back and going with the flow this early of the game.

And Longshot: I reread your question sorry. I was trying to say and mistyped with bad grammar, when I voted for him it was because he was mentioning the pronoun slip up and really insistent upon it. Like, Aha! As an easy way to get attention to someone, because I mentioned I didn't think the slip was something to make me vote for Scarlet Witch also. So I didn't have much to go on besides he looked fishy to me on Day 1 with not much to go by. Also, I will be voting for Polaris because that is who he suspected and not Havok for today. I do want to keep a few others on my radar.

Also guys, being honest me seeing a photo of an Indy that is a villain from the cartoon series I watched of X men just makes me inclined they are bad. I know I have said they are dangerous, but I need to separate my background of X Men from this game and play that way. I apologize for making people confused. I promise if you keep me around, I'm Civ and am trying to help. Don't let us be down another Civ.
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

I do find Quicksilver suspicious and agree with a lot of what is being said but I don't feel comfortable enough to vote for him yet. I don't see what he is saying coming from a townie, but I have a hard time seeing a baddie saying it either (about independents). Maybe he's an independent. Lmao

Return to “Previous Jobs”