X-Men [ENDGAME]

Moderator: Community Team

Would you like 24 hour Day phases?

Yes
46%
No
8%
Jonas Graymalkin (The Host, the Non, the Dead)
46%

Total votes: 13
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 188

Re: X-Men [Night 2]

Post by Epignosis »

T-minus one hour and counting.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Ned Flanders
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 265

Post by Ned Flanders »

I feel pretty good about Mojo, so will vote to give it to him.
Assault
Paul Stevens
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 67

Post by Paul Stevens »

I'll go with Dazzler - she volunteered, but doesn't seem absolutely desperate to get it, which would be more suspicious, at least to me. Plus, despite our speculation, we still don't know exactly what will happen. Let's see how this plays out.
SmashKings
SmashKings Host
Posts in topic: 45

Post by SmashKings »

Phoenix wrote:I'll go with Dazzler - she volunteered, but doesn't seem absolutely desperate to get it, which would be more suspicious, at least to me. Plus, despite our speculation, we still don't know exactly what will happen. Let's see how this plays out.
I wouldn't say I really volunteered, I voted myself with no expectation that anyone else would consider it, but I have no objection to being the one to get it if people want me to do it. I don't mind either way tbh, I'll take one for the team if necessary.
Quokka
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 14
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Quokka »

I picked someone at random .
To be recycled
Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 107

Re: X-Men [Day 2]

Post by Young Lady »

Spiral wrote:
Hawkeye wrote:
Spiral wrote: Why the hell are you discussing the secrets of a civilian role?
I believe it’s called trying to be helpful. See, I would normally agree with you if I concluded that my brief discussion would result in endangering said civilian or any other civilians for that matter, but having weighed the pros and cons of such an undertaking, I considered that openly discussing it, along with the rest of the roles with secrets would provide us a better understanding of the game mechanics. If you manage to provide a setting where the fact that I discussed Storm’s secret endangers any civilian (note that this is a game with heavy voting manipulation, so a lynch switch or whatever would go undetected), I’ll plead guilty and you can go ahead and take me out for attempting to endanger or expose one or more civilians. Let’s assume, for the sake of discussion, that ‘altering the weather’ does indeed mean what I have described in my previous post. Do you think that a team of 7 would not reach the same conclusion, because you know, it’s pretty much common sense? Or maybe you guys haven’t discussed it this yet, in which case I do apologize. ;) Do you think that a person who survives a lynch would not be an automatic night target either because they are a powerful civilian or to have the baddies check if they do indeed have Apocalypse in the bag? Of course you’d think the same if you actually took a few seconds to rationalize this, instead of trying to come across as very offended and self-righteous in what I consider an aggressive manner. I would buy it if you were Storm and you’d consider that my discussing your secrets could somehow expose you. However, the very fact that out of my entire post you’ve chosen to single out one role in particular to make you look good, tells me that you have nothing to do with that particular, and perhaps the reason is that I might have struck a chord and I’m exposing you or one of your teammates. I see no discussion about the independents and the baddie with secrets, for which you are very welcome. In case you haven’t bothered to read my posts, I like to rely on logic, common sense and what facts I can pick up from people’s posts in order to make what I consider rational judgments. Plus, I like to get some reactions. Thank you for that. And if it’s all right with you, I’ll have to keep an eye on you. ;)

That being said, I don’t want to end this post in a bellicose manner.
Very nice way of saying you suspect me because I dared question you. In addition, the other role you discussed was Mystique-- a baddie role.
:sigh: You have no idea how disappointed I am in this reply. If this is all you got from my post then I can only conclude that you either are not capable of properly comprehending what I've said (of course, this can also be my fault for not phrasing my thoughts more accurately), you haven't read everything I've written or you have picked whatever suited your cause.

Because I'm in a very good at the moment, I'll give you a tl;dr

- you have asked me a question and I have answered it;
- I have asked you to give me a setting in which my discussing Storm's role would endanger a civilian;
- the way in which you phrased said question was not to my liking because I quote " [you] come across as very offended and self-righteous in what I consider an aggressive manner."

Anyone is free to ask me anything and question my decisions or my reasoning. The reason I decided to keep an eye on you was the way in which you've chosen to do that. I'm still in an excellent mood, so I'll give you an example which would not have made me look at you: 'Interesting post, Hawkeye. I noticed you have decided to discuss a civilian's secrets along with those of the independents and the baddie, and I do not think that is a good idea because [...]. Would you mind telling me why you decided to do that?'

See the difference? See why your tone would make me want to look at you? See why your reply to mine would make me want to take an even closer look at you? You decide to specifically choose just the bit where I suspect you for 'daring' to ask me a question and omit to mention my discussion about ALL of the independents. Of course I would start suspecting you. Wouldn't you?
Supervisor
Spooky Ghost
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 24

Post by Spooky Ghost »

I've been busy for the last day and a half, sorry for missing the vote. I can definitely say that I wouldn't of voted for Thunderbird. Not a fan of that case. I'll throw Mojo a vote.
Rachel Green
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 137

Post by Rachel Green »

Marrow wrote:I've been busy for the last day and a half, sorry for missing the vote. I can definitely say that I wouldn't of voted for Thunderbird. Not a fan of that case. I'll throw Mojo a vote.
Who would you have voted Marrow and why?
Gunther
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 294

Post by Gunther »

Why is it that people feel good about Mojo? I don't see it. I could understand if you said you felt neutral about him...I don't feel neutral, but I could see how others might arrive at that point..but I certainly don't know why someone would feel "good" about him.

Am I missing something?
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 93

Post by Prisoner 509378 »

Havok wrote:Why is it that people feel good about Mojo? I don't see it. I could understand if you said you felt neutral about him...I don't feel neutral, but I could see how others might arrive at that point..but I certainly don't know why someone would feel "good" about him.

Am I missing something?
I must be missing it too because he has definitely caught my eye and I am puzzled as to how people have such opposing opinions.
Gunther
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Gunther »

voted Domino

Gave my vote to a non participant. I like the Cable from the comics better than I do Domino, and those each both have 1 post in the game.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Re: X-Men [POLLS]

Post by Epignosis »

Who will be Dr. Moira MacTaggert's volunteer?

You may select 1 option

Avalanche
Mikhail Rasputin (5), Shadowcat (7)
9%

Banshee
Banshee (4)
5%

Bastion
No votes

Cable
Hawkeye (9), Exodus (15)
9%

Dazzler
Dazzler (8), The Vision (11), Phoenix (19)
14%

Deadpool
No votes

Domino
Havok (22)
5%

Exodus
No votes

Havok
No votes

Hawkeye
No votes

Longshot
Longshot (2), Quicksilver (16)
9%

Marrow
Bastion (20)
5%

Mikhail Rasputin
No votes

Mojo
Mojo (3), Deadpool (13), Sunfire (17), White Queen (18), Marrow (21)
23%

Phoenix
No votes

Polaris
Polaris (10)
5%

Quicksilver
No votes

Scarlet Witch
Sebastian Shaw (14)
5%

Sebastian Shaw
No votes

Shadowcat
No votes

Spiral
No votes

Sunfire
No votes

The Vision
Avalanche (6)
5%

White Queen
Scarlet Witch (12)
5%

Proteus (The Host, the Non, the Dead)
Epignosis (1)
5%

Total votes : 22
Gunther
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Gunther »

EBWOP: both
Epignosis
Skeletor

Re: X-Men [Day 3]

Post by Epignosis »

殺し屋
For all its advanced scientific activity, Muir Island was a quiet, serene place.

But the waves crashing against the rocks and the choir of birds was enough to mask the footsteps of Betsy Braddock.

Though she required no tangible katana for her fatal enterprise, she felt a more traditional approach was appropriate as she drew nearer to the Scarlet Witch, who had been engaged in the discussion of who should volunteer for Dr. Moira MacTaggert’s experiment, but needed some time alone to think.

That time would not come.

Scarlet Witch has been assassinated by Psylocke.

It is now Day 3. You have 48 hours to destroy someone.
Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 194

Post by Jack Shephard »

That was kind of an odd kill. Anyone else believe that there might have been some sort of manipulation last night?
Saito
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 34

Post by Saito »

:(
Gunther
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Gunther »

:O
Gunther
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Gunther »

Wait what? There's no :O smiley??? :O :O :O
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Havok wrote:Wait what? There's no :O smiley??? :O :O :O
:eek:
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

The Danger Room will be unlocked in a few minutes. Technical difficulties.

...Continue.
Rachel Green
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Rachel Green »

RIPIYWG Scarlet Witch. I didn't have any baddie vibes about you at all and I'm very interested now to re-read your posts.

Also, off the subject, where is that :o smiley??? I use it all the time. SVS wherever you are please get us the :o one!
Celeste
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 129

Post by Celeste »

RIPIYWG Scarlet Witch. Seems like an odd kill, so I wonder if something happened underneath the surface.

Also, don't expect much of anything from me until probably after the next lynch. I'm going to be out of town for most of the weekend, but I will try to stay caught up and vote on Sunday when I get the opportunity.
Celeste
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 129

Post by Celeste »

EBWOP: anything from me after tonight*
dodo
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 161

Post by dodo »

was pretty sure Scarlet was good, so I suspect Psyclocke was manipulated into killer her.
Ned Flanders
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Ned Flanders »

I have been having hideous internet connections tonight, I have spent all night resetting my modem, etc. Time to replace the craptacular hunk of junk with a new one :srsnod: So I may be spotty until my return from Technology R Us tomorrow AM.

Link @ Avalanche, perhaps Psylocke did not agree with you, although I also think she was more likely to be civvvie than not, so the manipulation scenario is a distinct possibility.
Assault
dodo
Sockpuppet Account

Post by dodo »

White Queen wrote: Link @ Avalanche, perhaps Psylocke did not agree with you, although I also think she was more likely to be civvvie than not, so the manipulation scenario is a distinct possibility.
Psylcocke absolutely agrees with me because I am so sensible.
Phoebe Buffay
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 40

Post by Phoebe Buffay »

Rip Scarlet Witch :/ I didn't feel you were bad either, so maybe Psylocke's attack got redirected? :ponder:
dodo
Sockpuppet Account

Post by dodo »

Quicksilver wrote:Rip Scarlet Witch :/ I didn't feel you were bad either, so maybe Psylocke's attack got redirected? :ponder:
I said that already. You are a baddie, so the least you could do is not copy me.
Phoebe Buffay
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Phoebe Buffay »

Avalanche wrote:
Quicksilver wrote:Rip Scarlet Witch :/ I didn't feel you were bad either, so maybe Psylocke's attack got redirected? :ponder:
I said that already. You are a baddie, so the least you could do is not copy me.
Think what you want Mr Know It All :haha:
Gunther
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Gunther »

White Queen wrote:I feel pretty good about Mojo, so will vote to give it to him.

Could you explain why you feel "good" about Mojo?
Ned Flanders
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Ned Flanders »

I don't necessarily agree with the suspicion he took earlier, I felt it was blown out of proportion. He volunteered for it, and I had less of an opinion about the others who asked for it. I do trust some people more, but did not want to give it to someone who did not want it. So I felt good enough about Mojo to vote to give it to him.
Assault
Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Jack Shephard »

Avalanche wrote:
I know you're joking around (I hope), but you do realize two people already brought the idea forth before you did.
Nicol Bolas
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 113
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Nicol Bolas »

rip scarlet i hope psylocke knows what shes doin!
mojo my friend do u feel any different? how did the experiment go
dodo
Sockpuppet Account

Post by dodo »

Polaris wrote:
Avalanche wrote:
I know you're joking around (I hope), but you do realize two people already brought the idea forth before you did.
Yeah, but I wasn't copying them the way Quicksilver was copying me.
Ned Flanders
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Ned Flanders »

And you know that how?
Assault
Lunatella
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 48

Post by Lunatella »

I think Psylocke helped the good guys. Well done, Psylocke.

Goodbye Scarlet Witch. :zombie:
Polaris wrote:That was kind of an odd kill. Anyone else believe that there might have been some sort of manipulation last night?
So do you think the Scarlet Witch was good? Why? :confused:
Lunalee
nutella
dodo
Sockpuppet Account

Post by dodo »

White Queen wrote:And you know that how?
I don't see how to conclude other than that Quicksilver was saved yesterday, which means he has teammates, which means he is likely a baddie. He is also a copycat. I am voting for him now.
Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Jack Shephard »

Sebastian Shaw wrote:I think Psylocke helped the good guys. Well done, Psylocke.

Polaris wrote:That was kind of an odd kill. Anyone else believe that there might have been some sort of manipulation last night?
I did think she was good. There was the confusion that she was referring to me as a he, but she seemed civ aside from that. That's why I consider it odd that a civ role would kill her of their own accord.

Did you think she was bad?
Gunther
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Gunther »

White Queen wrote:I don't necessarily agree with the suspicion he took earlier, I felt it was blown out of proportion. He volunteered for it, and I had less of an opinion about the others who asked for it. I do trust some people more, but did not want to give it to someone who did not want it. So I felt good enough about Mojo to vote to give it to him.
Thanks for responding. :)
SmashKings
SmashKings Host

Post by SmashKings »

I think it's possible Quicksilver was saved yesterday, so I think I'll start today by looking into him and the Thunderbird voters. I didn't think there was really much of a case against T-Bird anyway. I find it very curious that he went from having one vote (and therefore in no danger of being lynched) to quickly gaining another four and getting lynched. This is just a flyby post, I'll be back later to elaborate.
Sebastian Shaw wrote:I think Psylocke helped the good guys. Well done, Psylocke.

I know this wasn't directed at me but really I hadn't seen anything to make me think Scarlet Witch was definitely good. I didn't think she was bad though, and didn't see anything that would make me think she should be a civ ninja's target. Hopefully Psylocke saw something I didn't, as I think it's a bit strange in general for her to have used one of her only two kills so early in the game.
SmashKings
SmashKings Host

Post by SmashKings »

EBWOP: Gaining another four votes shortly after Quicksilver began seeming like he had a good chance of being lynched.
Phoebe Buffay
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Phoebe Buffay »

Dazzler wrote:I think it's possible Quicksilver was saved yesterday, so I think I'll start today by looking into him and the Thunderbird voters. I didn't think there was really much of a case against T-Bird anyway. I find it very curious that he went from having one vote (and therefore in no danger of being lynched) to quickly gaining another four and getting lynched. This is just a flyby post, I'll be back later to elaborate.

I know this wasn't directed at me but really I hadn't seen anything to make me think Scarlet Witch was definitely good. I didn't think she was bad though, and didn't see anything that would make me think she should be a civ ninja's target. Hopefully Psylocke saw something I didn't, as I think it's a bit strange in general for her to have used one of her only two kills so early in the game.
I was saves because i already had suspicion on me to get lynched the next day. I think some voters on T bird were bad to try to get him out first and then me second.
Who do you guys think should be examined from the voters? I know some of you think Avalanche is leadingyou the right direction, but hes wrong about me and will cause you to revevaluate what you think you know if i get lynched tomorrow.
Gunther
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Gunther »

That's a fair point about the quick T-Bird votes. There are 7 members of the brotherhood. That's a large team. I could see 2-3 coming to Quicksilver's aid if QS is a brotherhood member. If it was a typically sized mafia team (3-4) I'd say that it was probably unlikely that it was a save, but with 7 members I see it as being more likely. Not saying that is what happened, but it certainly is possible.
Gunther
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Gunther »

Quicksilver wrote:
Dazzler wrote:I think it's possible Quicksilver was saved yesterday, so I think I'll start today by looking into him and the Thunderbird voters. I didn't think there was really much of a case against T-Bird anyway. I find it very curious that he went from having one vote (and therefore in no danger of being lynched) to quickly gaining another four and getting lynched. This is just a flyby post, I'll be back later to elaborate.

I was saves because i already had suspicion on me to get lynched the next day. I think some voters on T bird were bad to try to get him out first and then me second.
Who do you guys think should be examined from the voters? I know some of you think Avalanche is leadingyou the right direction, but hes wrong about me and will cause you to revevaluate what you think you know if i get lynched tomorrow.
Another totally plausible possibility. I know I have been on baddie teams that think this way. A 7 member team is a powerful thing, and the longer you can keep eyes away from your team the more difficult it is to defeat.
SmashKings
SmashKings Host

Post by SmashKings »

Quicksilver wrote:

So for different reasons, we're agreed that T's voters could be bad? I can see where you're coming from tbh and though I may keep an eye on you I do really wonder about the T-Bird voters. Bear in mind though that any of them coming up bad will not help you look good. After I voted you, Longshot, yourself, and Bastion all came out to vote T-bird shortly after, tying things up between the two of you. Then right after Deadpool broke the tie again in favour of you (Quicksilver), Phoenix and Scarlet Witch showed up to put the final nails in Thunderbird's coffin. I think all his voters could do with a look. In all fairness, this is the view that comes from looking only at voting order, I can't remember how quickly the votes actually came in.

For reference, here are the orders of votes on QS and TB:

Quicksilver
Spiral (4), The Vision (5), Hawkeye (7), Dazzler (9), Deadpool (16)

Thunderbird
Exodus (6), Longshot (12), Quicksilver (13), Bastion (15), Phoenix (17), Scarlet Witch (18)
Rachel Green
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Rachel Green »

If you have any questions for me just let me know.
dodo
Sockpuppet Account

Post by dodo »

Longshot wrote:If you have any questions for me just let me know.
Are you bad?
Gunther
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Gunther »

what is the meaning of life?
Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 107

Post by Young Lady »

RIPIYWG Scarlet Witch
Havok wrote:That's a fair point about the quick T-Bird votes. There are 7 members of the brotherhood. That's a large team. I could see 2-3 coming to Quicksilver's aid if QS is a brotherhood member. If it was a typically sized mafia team (3-4) I'd say that it was probably unlikely that it was a save, but with 7 members I see it as being more likely. Not saying that is what happened, but it certainly is possible.
My thoughts exactly.
Dazzler wrote:
Quicksilver wrote: I was saves because i already had suspicion on me to get lynched the next day. I think some voters on T bird were bad to try to get him out first and then me second.
So for different reasons, we're agreed that T's voters could be bad? I can see where you're coming from tbh and though I may keep an eye on you I do really wonder about the T-Bird voters. Bear in mind though that any of them coming up bad will not help you look good. After I voted you, Longshot, yourself, and Bastion all came out to vote T-bird shortly after, tying things up between the two of you. Then right after Deadpool broke the tie again in favour of you (Quicksilver), Phoenix and Scarlet Witch showed up to put the final nails in Thunderbird's coffin. I think all his voters could do with a look. In all fairness, this is the view that comes from looking only at voting order, I can't remember how quickly the votes actually came in.
I can also see where Quicksilver is coming from, but doesn't his explanation strike you as something prefabricated and rehearsed at the last minute? Honestly, last time I ended up voting for him after reading his defense.
Supervisor
SmashKings
SmashKings Host

Post by SmashKings »

Hawkeye wrote:
Dazzler wrote:
Quicksilver wrote: I was saves because i already had suspicion on me to get lynched the next day. I think some voters on T bird were bad to try to get him out first and then me second.
I can also see where Quicksilver is coming from, but doesn't his explanation strike you as something prefabricated and rehearsed at the last minute? Honestly, last time I ended up voting for him after reading his defense.
Definitely. If we lynch a TBird voter today that isn't him and that person turns out to be bad, it's very unlikely I'll assume they were just trying to make Quicksilver look bad. I'll assume they were trying to save a teammate.

Return to “Previous Jobs”