moth
No votes
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
19%
nutella
No votes
cayvie
No votes
Underking Ores (The Host, the Non, the Dead)
50%

Total votes: 16
cayvie
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 208
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Re: Pyre Mafia [Day 7]

Post by cayvie »

Long Con wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:39 am One factor is, can we allow motobot to get to YOLO, even if he's town? Can we count on him representing the town to Victory in a YOLO?
he hasn't voted wrong yet!
cayvie
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 208
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Re: Pyre Mafia [Day 6]

Post by cayvie »

Long Con wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 11:35 am
cayvie wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 11:33 am
Lissa wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 6:17 am
bronana wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:31 am
Lissa wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 6:00 pm i protect my target's presence/quickness from negative effects that night

i started with enough glory to act, don't really think it is a good idea to claim other stats
This is a bizarrely specific role

is there any evidence at all that there are actions that would negative effect presence or quickness?
technically tony but that seems ridiculous as the extent of it and i have to imagine a non village one exists

otherwise this would be dumb, seems extremely niche anyway
does it protect from talisman smashing

asking for a friend
Do you need to smash talismans to win?

Can you target the same poor player twice?
yes

yes, but not consecutively
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 519
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

Long Con wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:39 am One factor is, can we allow motobot to get to YOLO, even if he's town? Can we count on him representing the town to Victory in a YOLO?
I mean

If he’s town then yeah
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
bronana
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 612

Post by bronana »

lissas excuses and posts have been pretty bad

Nanook considering me as a wolf but not motobot is ???
Vulgard wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 3:18 amI've been thinking about Zack lately (no sexual).
bronana
Drug Dealer

Post by bronana »

cayvie wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 11:36 am
he hasn't voted wrong yet!
What? He hopped on at eod to misyeet dunya yesterday
Vulgard wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 3:18 amI've been thinking about Zack lately (no sexual).

bronana wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 1:26 pm lissas excuses and posts have been pretty bad

Nanook considering me as a wolf but not motobot is ???
His role seems townie to me idk what to tell you

Especially when he was parked on wilgy all game
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
bronana
Drug Dealer

Post by bronana »

The wolf win condition relies bigly on presence and motos role is built around acquiring more presence.

He hasn't given a single read in the game, he voted wilgy because the host said so. Popped in at eod to kill a village pr who should not have been anywhere near the poe.

Outed wolf was the biggest pusher of him and died in a very unexpected nk.

Not even considering him is pretty wild iyam
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 460
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Why is Nanook town? Why shouldn't we yeet Nanook? He's one of the main contenders to be the scum blocker.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 778
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

Long Con wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:50 pm Why is Nanook town? Why shouldn't we yeet Nanook? He's one of the main contenders to be the scum blocker.
i sorta agree but would def go for motobot first

[VOTE: motobot] aubergine if we're not doin mac today
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

bronana wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:34 pm The wolf win condition relies bigly on presence and motos role is built around acquiring more presence.

He hasn't given a single read in the game, he voted wilgy because the host said so. Popped in at eod to kill a village pr who should not have been anywhere near the poe.

Outed wolf was the biggest pusher of him and died in a very unexpected nk.

Not even considering him is pretty wild iyam
yeah all this also
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
moth
The Mark
Posts in topic: 436

Post by moth »

eh, ok. well whatd mac do that changed your mind nutella
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

what?
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
bronana
Drug Dealer

Post by bronana »

alright, this seems as good a time as any for the big reveal

My ability gives +0.1 hope to every civilian as long as I have 1 or more glory (2 or more glory would give +0.2, and so on). Like Long Con's passive ability, it functions automatically but can be blocked. It also applies to myself, my hope has grown at a pace consistent with my ability. You can also check your own stats, although my glory has been in the shitter since the outed wolf kill and so no more hope buffs from me since then.

Long Con and Lissa both posted how their stats changed over the course of the game. I believe Long Con inadvertently confirmed himself as a villager, and Lissa inadvertently outed herself as a wolf.

Long Con wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 9:23 pm Ok, starting stats:

P: 0.4
Q: 1.6
G: 1.0
H: 0.9

Day 1, I was anointed, giving me +0.2 to Presence, +0.4 to Quickness. +0.2 to Glory, +0.2 to Hope (others who were anointed, were your boosts similar? dunya claims she got +0.1 to her stats, but if no one else got ripped off like that, then she's lying to limit how much we think she can be capable of)

P: 0.6
Q: 2
G: 1.2
H: 1.1
Sol: 3

I didn't think about the stats and the Sol until Day 3, and I asked for an update:

P: 0.7
Q: 2.1
G: 1.8
H: 1.4
Sol: 14

I had received a bonus from nutella's power, including +0.6 to Glory!

I had been thinking about buying the "+1 to each Sol accrual" scroll, but when I saw my Sol at that point I realized that I was awesome, and could do much better. I bought +0.3 to Glory (7 Sol) and +0.2 to Glory (5 Sol).

On Day 4 I asked for an update:

G: 2.3
H: 1.6
Sol: 18

The store had a delicious new item at that point, "Permanently inherit the role ability of someone who has been banished (15 Sol)". I purchased it, and took on Tamitha Theyn's role, and become the new Civilian tracker.

I also inquired if I could buy the same item more than once, which can be done. My plan came together to out myself with the tracking, and then just buy Protection each day for the following night - with my massive Sol accrual, I could keep myself protected indefinitely.

I got upset near the end of Day 4 when some votes started to turn on me in the last minutes. With this plan in mind, I REALLY didn't want to get yeeted right before I could put it into effect. That's why I was like "Please do not yeet me today."

Night 4 I tracked Carote and moth, and neither had done anything that night. (Two trackings because my Glory was higher than 2).

During this time, I discovered a mistake Epi had made with my Sol, and he realized that the way it was written in the first post was not *quite* how he had been doing things, and he made a small correction.

Night 4, my beautiful Talismans were all smashed FOR NO REASON BY CAYVIE.

Day 5 update:

G: 0.9
H: 1.7

Sol: 13

No more tracker ability. Not even 1 trigger of my night ability. I bought some Glory to get me above 1.0, and the scroll of +1 Sol.

Anyway, that's my story. I hope you can empathize with me about the excitement for the plan, and the despair that followed.

Let's look at Long Con first. From Day 1 to Day 3, there is a +0.1 to hope from nutella and an unexplained +0.2 to hope. Night 1, Night 2, there's the 0.1 + 0.1 = 0.2 to hope from me.

Granted, I'm not quite sure why his hope on Day 4 is 1.6 instead of 1.5, but eh.

However, from Day 4 to Day 5 there's another unexplained +0.1 to hope. He would have gotten that on Night 4 from me if he's a villager.

This is why I posted after saying "uh I think LC just accidentally confirmed himself town."

Lissa wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 4:07 am sup

my base stats were
P = 0.8
Q = 0.7
G = 1.1
H = 0.5

d2 i bought +0.2 presence and +0.1 hope
P = 1.0
Q = 0.7
G = 1.1
H = 0.6

n3 i bought +0.3 presence and +0.2 hope
P = 1.3
Q = 0.7
G = 1.1
H = 0.8

after n3 i got +0.1 to all from presumably nutella
P = 1.4
Q = 0.8
G = 1.2
H = 0.9
(note i didn't actually check in between this and base stats so i think some of this could have come from somewhere else technically? but it lines up with what nutella said so.)

after n5 my glory was halved
P = 1.4
Q = 0.8
G = 0.6
H = 0.9

yesterday i bought +0.4 glory
P = 1.4
Q = 0.8
G = 1.0
H = 0.9

and i got anointed yesterday which put me up to
P = 1.7
Q = 1.1
G = 1.2
H = 1.2

i was planning to back someone up but then visor died right before i got enough and that kind of delayed that plan rip
Lissa clearly was NOT getting an unexplained +0.1 to hope every night, and I made sure to check whether these were confirmed stats or personal tracking exactly because of this. Her hope after nutella's buff is completely missing the buffs from me. With the items she bought and nutella's buff, her hope should be 1.2 after night 3, but it's 0.9.

0.5 starting
0.6 bought +0.1 hope
0.8 bought +0.2 hope
0.9 got +0.1 hope from nutella
1.2 got +0.1 + 0.1 + 0.1 hope from me n1/n2/n3.

But it was confirmed 0.9!

And then afterwards there's no bump to hope on n4 or n5 (my hope buff to civilians should have still worked until after n5; my own hope increased by +0.1 on both nights) other than getting anointed, which seems to randomly buff all stats.

tl;dr Long Con is civilian, Lissa is not

[VOTE: Lissa] aubergine
bronana
Drug Dealer

Post by bronana »

I can also go into behavioral reasons why Lissa is a wolf if you want, but she is mechanically outed afaict.

- expressed super high confidence in marcher being a wolf, but if you look at her iso she actually barely pushed him and was nudging and voting towards other candidates

- soft defenses of pmuch all wolves and potential wolves, including marcher until I slammed on them n1

- EODs are consistently limp and weak

- her eod yesterday is something I refuse to believe comes from village lissa, it is terrible and completely out of character
bronana
Drug Dealer

Post by bronana »

Also, explains why I have been left alive so long. I actually lol'd irl when lissa said she bought the exact amount of glory needed to get back to 1.0 after killing outed wolf in our triumvirate.

Why outed wolf was killed:

- I think him saying he redirected Lissa really spooked wolfchat
- biggest pusher of motobot by far
- remained open to mac/wilgy being w/w
- if you want to throw in nanook as a possible wolf, he did not seem to think nearly as highly of nanook as others did
- it's possibly he redirected a nightkill from carot to himself, but i think it's likely the wolves were simply very concerned about him re-directing wolves around
- as I pointed out above, lissa conveniently had enough sols to purchase the exact amount of glory needed to get back to 1.0 after killing a member of her triumvirate. I think my claimed ability was probably deemed not a threat or low priority.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

n i c e

[VOTE: lissa] aubergine
Image Image Image Image
Image Image

Seems like it tracks
moth
The Mark

Post by moth »

so now everyone wants lissa. when I suggested lissa I was told her posts only ever came from a villager frame of mind
moth
The Mark

Post by moth »

typical that id be right but people just didnt wanna hear it

I don’t think you get to complain about anything this game
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

moth wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 5:11 pm typical that id be right but people just didnt wanna hear it
I'll have to have more respect for your reads in the future! What I value more are mechanical checks, such as your ability to send information. The respect I gain now for your excellent reads is, unfortunately, overshadowed by my lack of respect for you deliberately not using your ability as well and often as possible. That's just how I play personally, but I'm sure other may regard keen thread analysis over mechanical advantage.

I would like to yeet the scum blocker, and I don't think that Lissa is likely to be the blocker, due to her Glory being cut with outed wolf's death, but anything is possible with enough Sol, right?

[VOTE: lissa] aubergine We need to take out a wolf today.
bronana
Drug Dealer

Post by bronana »

reminder that mac claimed cop on day 4, has three correct peeks, and is alive on day 7 after his counter-claim with no peeks was nightkilled

and that he aggressively supported the wolf agenda pre-claim, and has done barely any solving post-claim

doubt he is a villager
bronana
Drug Dealer

Post by bronana »

oh, and admitted to wilgy targeting him on night 3

and wilgy's night action was one that almost certainly was used on wolves
moth
The Mark

Post by moth »

so why arent we killing mac then?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 505

Post by MacDougall »

Because y'all bitches
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

He's also been blocked once or twice.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Allegedly.

He could be wolfy. What do you think of the Lissa revelation, Joseph?
moth
The Mark

Post by moth »

is lissa busy with champs stuff today? seems like shes getting blindsided a bit here. I dont think shes been towny but zack was very very vocal she was town until now. what gives
Lissa
The Mark
Posts in topic: 469

Post by Lissa »

i am a villager so i dunno what to tell you zack

i cannot imagine the stat boosts from your role just show in that manner, seems gamebreaking. have to imagine long con got the extra hope in some other manner, someone else's hope i guess probably. seems bizarre but idk where else it could be from really
Lissa
The Mark
Posts in topic: 469

Post by Lissa »

bronana wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 3:20 pm I can also go into behavioral reasons why Lissa is a wolf if you want, but she is mechanically outed afaict.

- expressed super high confidence in marcher being a wolf, but if you look at her iso she actually barely pushed him and was nudging and voting towards other candidates

- soft defenses of pmuch all wolves and potential wolves, including marcher until I slammed on them n1

- EODs are consistently limp and weak

- her eod yesterday is something I refuse to believe comes from village lissa, it is terrible and completely out of character
also this is just.... wrong?

i pushed marcher consistently from n1 until they died

i was wrong on marcher and wilgy d1 but i turned around after that

i have no idea what is wrong with my eods bar yesterdays, which was pretty awful and regrettable but it is what it is

My hope has risen .6 from start of game to now, that's .1 from nutes and .5 from a mystery source

Bronana says he's raised townies hope by .5 yeah?

So...the story checks out 🤷
moth
The Mark

Post by moth »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 5:19 pm I don’t think you get to complain about anything this game
Why?

Hm gee I wonder
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Lissa wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 3:43 am i am a villager so i dunno what to tell you zack

i cannot imagine the stat boosts from your role just show in that manner, seems gamebreaking. have to imagine long con got the extra hope in some other manner, someone else's hope i guess probably. seems bizarre but idk where else it could be from really
Sorry, Lissa, but I have to go with the alleged evidence on this one. I don't see it as gamebreaking, because it requires one to voluntarily give their stats info. For me, it provided unintended vindication, and for you, condemnation. We both took a risk when we came forward with our stats.

Yeh crappy way to get caught

Seems legit though?

Like it’s not a perfect red check but it’s like

As good as it’s gonna get here I think

We need as many votes as possible on Lissa btw, we don’t know what their quickness is like

Should probably be like everyone minus one, with one vote on Mac for moth to send the role to

If moth has decided to play this game again of course
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 2:59 pm Like it’s not a perfect red check but it’s like

As good as it’s gonna get here I think
It's better than a red check to me. It's too detailed to make up. If it's made up, then I want lessons from bronana. With a red check, you have to question the source, and possible misdirects or info-sabotage. Bronana's claim is clear as an unmuddied lake.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 3:01 pm...with one vote on Mac for moth to send the role to
I think I missed some element here.
moth
The Mark

Post by moth »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 2:16 pm Hm gee I wonder
?? Are we talking about the dunya stuff still because I didnt even elim her
moth
The Mark

Post by moth »

Like how long am I gonna have to keep apologizing for my spamming a notification and just having a moment of being insensitive?

I dont feel like even dunya was this offended. and probably got over it ages ago
moth
The Mark

Post by moth »

I feel like you are upset at me for something else that has nothing to do with this game
moth
The Mark

Post by moth »

in any case ive apologized to you, and to dunya. so I really hope you can accept that and take it back a notch
I dont know you and you probably dont know much about me

Believe what you want, idc.

Are you gonna actually play and use your role tonight, or pout again?
moth
The Mark

Post by moth »

well if youre upset at me for what I think youre upset at me for it outs you as scum with lissa.

and thatd mean you care less about winning than you do about standing up for whats right
moth
The Mark

Post by moth »

which is never a bad thing since this is just supposed to be a fun game and all
moth
The Mark

Post by moth »

can you honestly answer this question?

do you want me to help solve the game for town, and lead town to a win?
moth
The Mark

Post by moth »

[VOTE: Lissa] aubergine
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Shall we plan where moth's and Mac's checks should go tonight for greatest town advantage?

Idk what you’re talking about but ok.

Yes I obviously want you to use your role to help town win, you should’ve used it last night too.

Return to “Previous Jobs”