X-Men [ENDGAME]

Moderator: Community Team

Would you like 24 hour Day phases?

Yes
46%
No
8%
Jonas Graymalkin (The Host, the Non, the Dead)
46%

Total votes: 13
Lunatella
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 48

Re: X-Men [Day 3]

Post by Lunatella »

Polaris wrote:
Sebastian Shaw wrote:I think Psylocke helped the good guys. Well done, Psylocke.

Goodbye Scarlet Witch. :zombie:
Polaris wrote:That was kind of an odd kill. Anyone else believe that there might have been some sort of manipulation last night?
So do you think the Scarlet Witch was good? Why? :confused:
I did think she was good. There was the confusion that she was referring to me as a he, but she seemed civ aside from that. That's why I consider it odd that a civ role would kill her of their own accord.

Did you think she was bad?
Yes. I said that already.

Quicksilver looks like a good guy to me. I'm not going to vote for him. :fiesta:
Lunalee
nutella
dodo
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 161

Post by dodo »

Dazzler wrote: Definitely. If we lynch a TBird voter today that isn't him and that person turns out to be bad, it's very unlikely I'll assume they were just trying to make Quicksilver look bad. I'll assume they were trying to save a teammate.
If the assumption is "Quicksilver was saved by teammates" (which it is as far as I'm concerned) why would we lynch a T-Bird voter and take a chance when we can just vote Quicksilver?
SmashKings
SmashKings Host
Posts in topic: 45

Post by SmashKings »

Avalanche wrote:
Dazzler wrote: Definitely. If we lynch a TBird voter today that isn't him and that person turns out to be bad, it's very unlikely I'll assume they were just trying to make Quicksilver look bad. I'll assume they were trying to save a teammate.
If the assumption is "Quicksilver was saved by teammates" (which it is as far as I'm concerned) why would we lynch a T-Bird voter and take a chance when we can just vote Quicksilver?
Good point. Can't hurt to look at the over T voters though. They can't all be bad, so it'd help us to know which ones people think are most likely to be.
Rachel Green
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 137

Post by Rachel Green »

Avalanche wrote:
Longshot wrote:If you have any questions for me just let me know.
Are you bad?
No.
Havok wrote:what is the meaning of life?
whatever you think it is
Joe Who?
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 153
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Joe Who? »

Ripiywg SW

Given the timing of the TB votes, it does make the most sense that there might have been a baddie save for QS. I still haven't heard what the case on TB was. Was there even a case?
Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 107

Post by Young Lady »

Banshee wrote:Ripiywg SW

Given the timing of the TB votes, it does make the most sense that there might have been a baddie save for QS. I still haven't heard what the case on TB was. Was there even a case?
He voted for White Queen, who was silenced at the time, without giving any kind of explanation. Apparently he randomized.
Supervisor
SmashKings
SmashKings Host

Post by SmashKings »

It seems to be purely that he was quiet and voted White Queen without explaining why.

Linki - That.
Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Young Lady »

If we are to look at T-Bird voters, I also suggest looking at this:
Sunfire wrote:I can see where there is concern about Quicksilver. I just don't think it is enough to vote him yet. I think the scum might be using this situation to their advantage. So, I am going to choose one of the players that have voted for Quicksilver. *votes Hawkeye*
That vote for me aside, it appears it could have been any of the QS voters, the argument here seems pretty far-fetched.
Supervisor
SmashKings
SmashKings Host

Post by SmashKings »

Hawkeye wrote:If we are to look at T-Bird voters, I also suggest looking at this:
Sunfire wrote:I can see where there is concern about Quicksilver. I just don't think it is enough to vote him yet. I think the scum might be using this situation to their advantage. So, I am going to choose one of the players that have voted for Quicksilver. *votes Hawkeye*
That vote for me aside, it appears it could have been any of the QS voters, the argument here seems pretty far-fetched.
Yeah. There's no 'I think Quicksilver voters are probably bad and here's why Hawkeye is most likely...'. It's pretty much a throwaway vote really, he admits there's reason to wonder about QS and then says baddies are using 'the situation' to their advantage but doesn't elaborate and then throws out what is essentially a random vote with no specific reason. I remember finding it a bit odd at the time that several people seemed to be slinging mud at Quicksilver voters without going into any great detail, as if they were trying to put people off voting for him or something.
Chuck
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 53

Post by Chuck »

Quicksilver wrote:
Dazzler wrote:I think it's possible Quicksilver was saved yesterday, so I think I'll start today by looking into him and the Thunderbird voters. I didn't think there was really much of a case against T-Bird anyway. I find it very curious that he went from having one vote (and therefore in no danger of being lynched) to quickly gaining another four and getting lynched. This is just a flyby post, I'll be back later to elaborate.
Sebastian Shaw wrote:I think Psylocke helped the good guys. Well done, Psylocke.

Polaris wrote:That was kind of an odd kill. Anyone else believe that there might have been some sort of manipulation last night?
I know this wasn't directed at me but really I hadn't seen anything to make me think Scarlet Witch was definitely good. I didn't think she was bad though, and didn't see anything that would make me think she should be a civ ninja's target. Hopefully Psylocke saw something I didn't, as I think it's a bit strange in general for her to have used one of her only two kills so early in the game.
I was saves because i already had suspicion on me to get lynched the next day. I think some voters on T bird were bad to try to get him out first and then me second.
Who do you guys think should be examined from the voters? I know some of you think Avalanche is leadingyou the right direction, but hes wrong about me and will cause you to revevaluate what you think you know if i get lynched tomorrow.
Quicksilver's response here doesn't sell right to me. And seeing some of the responses to it makes me quite uneasy about Havok and Sebastion. Also, why go after voters when we are unsure which of them are bad. Why not go straight for Quicksilver? *votes quicksilver*
Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 194

Post by Jack Shephard »

Havok wrote:
Quicksilver wrote:I was saves because i already had suspicion on me to get lynched the next day. I think some voters on T bird were bad to try to get him out first and then me second.
Who do you guys think should be examined from the voters? I know some of you think Avalanche is leadingyou the right direction, but hes wrong about me and will cause you to revevaluate what you think you know if i get lynched tomorrow.
Another totally plausible possibility. I know I have been on baddie teams that think this way. A 7 member team is a powerful thing, and the longer you can keep eyes away from your team the more difficult it is to defeat.
Good point. What I get from this is that we should also focus on players that seem to be distancing then.
SmashKings
SmashKings Host

Post by SmashKings »

Sunfire wrote: Quicksilver's response here doesn't sell right to me. And seeing some of the responses to it makes me quite uneasy about Havok and Sebastion. Also, why go after voters when we are unsure which of them are bad. Why not go straight for Quicksilver? *votes quicksilver*
Don't you have anything to say about the two posts directly before yours, in which Hawkeye and I discuss how your day two vote seems strange?
Chuck
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Chuck »

Dazzler wrote:
Sunfire wrote: Quicksilver's response here doesn't sell right to me. And seeing some of the responses to it makes me quite uneasy about Havok and Sebastion. Also, why go after voters when we are unsure which of them are bad. Why not go straight for Quicksilver? *votes quicksilver*
Don't you have anything to say about the two posts directly before yours, in which Hawkeye and I discuss how your day two vote seems strange?
Sorry, I am not sure how I missed that. It is what it is. I didn't think there was enough to go on quicksilver at the time. And I thought that maybe he was good but that scum were able to use townie suspicions of quicksilver to get rid of him. But, I now think I was wrong. Have you ever been wrong about a player before? I thought so. :srsnod:
Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Jack Shephard »

Sunfire wrote:Quicksilver's response here doesn't sell right to me. And seeing some of the responses to it makes me quite uneasy about Havok and Sebastion. Also, why go after voters when we are unsure which of them are bad. Why not go straight for Quicksilver? *votes quicksilver*
It could be a trap? I agree that the timing of the votes point towards a baddie save as opposed to just a civvie lynch train. BUT, with a 7-player mafia-team, I find it even harder to believe that they would try to save a partner on Day 2 through such a method. There is most assuredly a mafia member or two on the T-Bird lynch (just by probability, there was 1.68 mafia members on that lynch), but I'm finding it a tough case to believe that it was a baddie save.
Rachel Green
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Rachel Green »

Dazzler wrote:

It seems to be purely that he was quiet and voted White Queen without explaining why.

Linki - That.
I voted for him because he voted early, a drive by vote - no reasons given, for someone who was silenced. It was obvious to everyone that White Queen was silenced and even if you voted for her early in the lynch day you should have changed your vote once that became obvious. TB did not say he was randomizing when he voted and frankly, I would have never guessed that since it was day 2. I asked him to respond as to why he voted for White Queen at 10:00 am and did not have a response by the time I voted at 5:27 pm. Instead, he waited until 6:30 - when the lynch ended at 6:32 - to come on and say he randomized. If I had been at my computer at that time I might have tried to change my vote after he said that but even if I had been here I don't know who I would have changed it to. I felt like my vote was a solid vote and didn't know it was a randomization until the lynch was closed.
SmashKings
SmashKings Host

Post by SmashKings »

Longshot wrote:
Dazzler wrote:

Linki - That.
I voted for him because he voted early, a drive by vote - no reasons given, for someone who was silenced. It was obvious to everyone that White Queen was silenced and even if you voted for her early in the lynch day you should have changed your vote once that became obvious. TB did not say he was randomizing when he voted and frankly, I would have never guessed that since it was day 2. I asked him to respond as to why he voted for White Queen at 10:00 am and did not have a response by the time I voted at 5:27 pm. Instead, he waited until 6:30 - when the lynch ended at 6:32 - to come on and say he randomized. If I had been at my computer at that time I might have tried to change my vote after he said that but even if I had been here I don't know who I would have changed it to. I felt like my vote was a solid vote and didn't know it was a randomization until the lynch was closed.
Fair enough. You gave him a decent amount of time to reply to your question and he didn't. I guess I just never saw the case being any good. I mean what baddie comes on and votes like that, with no explanation and for someone he might have known was silenced? I really don't see why T-Bird ended up lynched based on that alone which really makes me think there were baddies among his voters trying to save a teammate.
Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Young Lady »

Sunfire wrote:
Dazzler wrote:
Sorry, I am not sure how I missed that. It is what it is. I didn't think there was enough to go on quicksilver at the time. And I thought that maybe he was good but that scum were able to use townie suspicions of quicksilver to get rid of him. But, I now think I was wrong. Have you ever been wrong about a player before? I thought so. :srsnod:
We've all been wrong about other players before, the issue here is that as Dazzler pointed out, you basically agreed that people had their reason to vote for QS, yet you chose to throw your vote at one of those people. Now you almost pull a 180 and vote one day early for the person you've defended the previous day, but not really. Your logic here is very confusing. Also, would you mind elaborating a bit on Havok and Sebastian?
Supervisor
Chuck
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Chuck »

I said that the suspicion wasn't enough to vote for him, IMO.

Today, reading Quicksilvers theory of how he iss to be second in line for the scum to get lynched sounded pretty crazy to me. Then reading that Havok and Sebastion thought that Quicksilver's theory was a suitable explanation doesn't make me feel so great about them either. That is all I meant. What do you think of Quicksilver's '2nd in line' theory?
Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Young Lady »

Sunfire wrote:I said that the suspicion wasn't enough to vote for him, IMO.

Today, reading Quicksilvers theory of how he iss to be second in line for the scum to get lynched sounded pretty crazy to me. Then reading that Havok and Sebastion thought that Quicksilver's theory was a suitable explanation doesn't make me feel so great about them either. That is all I meant. What do you think of Quicksilver's '2nd in line' theory?
It's all here:
I can also see where Quicksilver is coming from, but doesn't his explanation strike you as something prefabricated and rehearsed at the last minute? Honestly, last time I ended up voting for him after reading his defense.
In other words, plausible but highly improbable and potentially manufactured in a chat room.
Supervisor
Rachel Green
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Rachel Green »

I felt the same way. I was starting to respond when havoc and sebastian responded and it made me think I must be not thinking about it right because it seemed so possible to them.

Sebastian, while I'm thinking about it, while reading back I was reminded that I asked you why you voted for Cable. Did you respond to that and I missed it?
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 93

Post by Prisoner 509378 »

RIPIYWGINRIP Wanda. Lol
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

I too think that some of the people who voted for Thunderbird could be bad trying to save Quicksilver. I am most likely placing my vote on Quicksilver because I felt at the end of the day he tried to play the emotional appeal in order to survive.
I also need to see who took the suggestion to vote the supposed sentinel. I read someone say it was Mojo? I think that is a potential vote to not vote out a baddie partner.
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

White Queen wrote:I don't necessarily agree with the suspicion he took earlier, I felt it was blown out of proportion. He volunteered for it, and I had less of an opinion about the others who asked for it. I do trust some people more, but did not want to give it to someone who did not want it. So I felt good enough about Mojo to vote to give it to him.
What was blown out of proportion? The suspicion I saw (which came from me) was not joined in by many at all. I thought he actually wasn't being looked into enough and am confused how people seemed to have thought he was good enough to give to the poll.
Gunther
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 294

Post by Gunther »

Sunfire wrote:
Quicksilver wrote:
Dazzler wrote:I think it's possible Quicksilver was saved yesterday, so I think I'll start today by looking into him and the Thunderbird voters. I didn't think there was really much of a case against T-Bird anyway. I find it very curious that he went from having one vote (and therefore in no danger of being lynched) to quickly gaining another four and getting lynched. This is just a flyby post, I'll be back later to elaborate.

I know this wasn't directed at me but really I hadn't seen anything to make me think Scarlet Witch was definitely good. I didn't think she was bad though, and didn't see anything that would make me think she should be a civ ninja's target. Hopefully Psylocke saw something I didn't, as I think it's a bit strange in general for her to have used one of her only two kills so early in the game.
I was saves because i already had suspicion on me to get lynched the next day. I think some voters on T bird were bad to try to get him out first and then me second.
Quicksilver's response here doesn't sell right to me. And seeing some of the responses to it makes me quite uneasy about Havok and Sebastion. Also, why go after voters when we are unsure which of them are bad. Why not go straight for Quicksilver? *votes quicksilver*
Why exactly do you feel "quite uneasy" about me?
Gunther
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Gunther »

I guess I should have read everything before responding. lol

I said that QS's theory was plausible....just like how it was possible that QS was bad and had team mates help him outof the lynch. Not sure why acknowledging possibilities is suspicious?
Lunatella
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Lunatella »

Quicksilver is good. Vote for Polaris instead. She's a monster inside.
Lunalee
nutella
Chuck
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Chuck »

Havok wrote:

I guess I should have read everything before responding. lol

I said that QS's theory was plausible....just like how it was possible that QS was bad and had team mates help him outof the lynch. Not sure why acknowledging possibilities is suspicious?
I understand this, but I just don't see this theory as plausible.

@Sebastian - Can you explain yourself? Making statements like this is all well and good, but I believe you need some kind of information to back them up.
Phoebe Buffay
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 40

Post by Phoebe Buffay »

What they did (The BrotherHood) and what I said is exactly what happened. In a game with 7, I needed to stay alive and they seized the opportunity to buy them another day and kill. Unfortunately for those 7, they didn't get to kill last night though. I honestly don't think all the people gunning to get me out ARE part of the Brotherhood today, but obviously they want to chime in and put a nail in my coffin. But, what are they going to do when I'm gone? They have no one knew to target and can hide for only so long. Why would I risk this early in the game being so ballsy and talking as much as I did? Some people are being very smart and realizing what I have been saying can be true, and it is.
Call me "phony" and whatever else you want, but these Alpha male players like Avalanche and Sunfire need to open their eyes. I appreciate Havok and Sebastian for at least considering when I post and not treating me like how some people have when I try to reason. But you can only defend so long until the people gunning for me realize they were wrong if I die. I hope Beast is on my side and does a Rez, I would really appreciate it so you guys don't lose a valuable player if I die tomorrow.
Phoebe Buffay
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 40

Post by Phoebe Buffay »

Furthermore, those who think I "fabricated this theory" need to take a step back to realize it's a logical answer and can happen, and DID happen. If you could believe "my teammates saved me", why can't you try to acknowledge what I said could happen also? Take the blinders off X- men if we want to win this game and stop over thinking it guys. I don't think Dazzler is half of what she is cracked up to be and find my vote possibly going in her direction today or Vision or Spiral. All 3 have been acting shady and pressing for me hard this whole game IMO. Those are 3 to be weary of.
Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Jack Shephard »

Sebastian Shaw wrote:Quicksilver is good. Vote for Polaris instead. She's a monster inside.
I saw Sebastian Shaw with the devil...

But really, that's exactly what your vote there sounds like.
Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Jack Shephard »

Quicksilver wrote:What they did (The BrotherHood) and what I said is exactly what happened. In a game with 7, I needed to stay alive and they seized the opportunity to buy them another day and kill. Unfortunately for those 7, they didn't get to kill last night though. I honestly don't think all the people gunning to get me out ARE part of the Brotherhood today, but obviously they want to chime in and put a nail in my coffin. But, what are they going to do when I'm gone? They have no one knew to target and can hide for only so long. Why would I risk this early in the game being so ballsy and talking as much as I did? Some people are being very smart and realizing what I have been saying can be true, and it is.
Call me "phony" and whatever else you want, but these Alpha male players like Avalanche and Sunfire need to open their eyes. I appreciate Havok and Sebastian for at least considering when I post and not treating me like how some people have when I try to reason. But you can only defend so long until the people gunning for me realize they were wrong if I die. I hope Beast is on my side and does a Rez, I would really appreciate it so you guys don't lose a valuable player if I die tomorrow.
I dunno if what you say is true, but as I said, I don't think the baddies would try to save one of their own on Day 2.
Joe Who?
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Joe Who? »

i've been finding myself agreeing with sunfire a lot today, i'm starting to think i may have been wrong about her based on my initial ping
Joe Who?
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Joe Who? »

i think i'm most likely to vote for avalanche tonight, there seems to be the most to gain from that, and the tbird lynch was still just so weird and out of the blue. it's hard to believe that there wasn't some kind of ulterior motive involved somewhere.
Joe Who?
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Joe Who? »

Quicksilver*
Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Jack Shephard »

I'll do another one of these lists to see who may have been silenced today.

Players who have posted today.

Avalanche
Banshee
Dazzler
Deadpool
Exodus
Havok
Hawkeye
Longshot
Polaris
Quicksilver
Sebastian Shaw
Shadowcat
Sunfire
White Queen

Players who have not

Bastion
Cable (last posted on Day 0)
Domino (last posted on Day 0)
Marrow
Mikhail Rasputin
Mojo (the winner of last night's poll)
Phoenix
Spiral
The Vision
Paul Stevens
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 67

Post by Paul Stevens »

Sorry, not silenced (again! just busy :)

Honestly, I went (wrongly) with my gut and threw my vote in the other direction of where my bleeding heart wasn't where it could actually count (towards T-bird. Yikes, that was a mouthful). At least for me, it wasn't part of any conspiracy that I was aware of. And trust me, I feel terrible about lynching one of my own :( RIP again Thunderbird :rip:

I'm not sure if I should retaliate and go the other direction and see if Quicksilver WAS the right way to go, but I think I'll wait til tomorrow when my head is clearer to vote. My gut doesn't do a very good job of finding scum so far...
Operator
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 229

Post by Operator »

Longshot wrote:
Dazzler wrote:

Linki - That.
Can we change votes?? I didn't realize that was allowed. That also would somewhat explain why some people (Sunfire, ahem ahem) feel comfortable voting so early.
Banshee wrote:i think i'm most likely to vote for avalanche tonight, there seems to be the most to gain from that, and the tbird lynch was still just so weird and out of the blue. it's hard to believe that there wasn't some kind of ulterior motive involved somewhere.
What do you think the gain from an Avalanche lynch would be? And what's the relation between that and Tbird's lynch? He didn't vote for QS or Tbird yesterday.

Spiral, I also don't see your point here about how Hawkeye's discussion of Storm's power could hurt the civs. I got the whole "helping baddies find Cyclops" thing that happened earlier with Havok, but this seems a stretch. Also, you say that the other role he discussed, Mystique, was a baddie role, and seemed to imply that this was a strike against Hawkeye. Isn't it actually in our best interests to discuss and try to figure out baddies' secrets?? I haven't been getting good feels from you. I'll be rereading you today to see if I can pinpoint why, but this certainly pings me all on its own.

OH! I was meaning to say: I think the whole pronoun thing that happened on Day 1 was overblown. I'm actually beginning to suspect that every player got assigned a sock with the same gender as them, so someone coming out as a different gender in BTSC would be impossible. Idk if that helps, just wanted to say it.
Management
Operator
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Operator »

Quicksilver wrote:
As for Longshot, he was merely asking me questions over and over andnot wrecking anything and trying to understand why I did certain things. The quote you pulled ^^^was from him trying to understand me and he asked several times for me to answer after that quote if you look back. He even mentioned he wanted clarity even though I said I was tired of defended so much. I finally answered which is why there aren't many back and forth from us.
I take it as a Civ trying to understand another Civ reasoning. He also did NOT vote me which gained some trust with me. When I made the post about the experiment, I said "...but there are people volunteering I would comfortable with (Longshot) also." I'd be okay voting for him, White Queen, or Phoenix for the poll. But, none of those want to try it except Longshot. I appreciate anyone who tried to save me by voting for TB also, even though he also turned out to be Civ and not. Bad :/

I may have tried emotional appeal to help not die this early, but I was being targeted. I get a little frantic sometimes when I know I'm Civ.
Hmm. I suppose I read your exchange with Longshot differently than you experienced it. That's fair. Thanks for the response.
Quicksilver wrote:I think some voters on T bird were bad to try to get him out first and then me second.
This makes no sense. At all.
Baddies have 2 goal:
1) Do not die. (Avoid death by avoiding suspicion.)
2) Kill civs.

Your theory doesn't fit this framework, because if you were both civ, why do baddies care in what order you two get lynched? They could just as easily have let you be lynched and gotten Tbird today as lynched Tbird and then you, right? Are you somehow more dangerous to them than he is?

In my experience as a baddie, getting any civ is success. If these baddies are targeting individuals just because they can, they're light years ahead of me and they're also some cocky mofos, and we're all doomed.

In fact, its fairly common knowledge that baddies sometimes lead lynch trains, and that it's always or at least almost always to save a teammate. That is because it's the only case where they have an incentive to risk suspicion. It risks death to avoid death.

I get that you mean if people saw a bandwagon they'd assume what we're assuming now and lynch you today. I just don't see it, though. Why expose themselves to the risk of being lynched in revenge for their last-minute votes just to set you, and unknown, up for death, when they could easily lay low and get any other player (or even potentially Thunderbird) today?

Your theory is wrong. I can say that with confidence because it doesn't match the baddies' goals. Furthermore, most experienced players (and there are bound to be some in a team of 7) know that steering lynches too hard gets you caught, almost every time. If yesterday truly was a bandwagon, it ONLY makes sense if you're bad.

You're giving me huge problems. Sometimes seeming sincere and sometimes not, and to my mind never seeming logical, which is making you hard for me to read accurately. You are definitely seeming emotional and panicky to me (which is understandable no matter what your role, given the high degree of suspicion on you, but I can't decide if it makes you look baddie to me). I feel like I need to decide about you quickly, too, especially since I brought up the point that many people used in deciding to vote for you.

(By the way, I hope you don't take anything I'm saying personally. I've been saying you don't seem logical, and I just realized that could come off as insulting. I don't mean to demean your intelligence, just to state that you're consistently arriving at conclusions I never would, and that that perplexes me because we're looking at the same information.)
Management
Operator
Sockpuppet Account

Re: X-Men [Night 1]

Post by Operator »

I reread Sunfire, as well.

I'm not sure what to think. Some of his posts actually strike me as pretty helpful, and some thing were a bit suspicious.
Sunfire wrote:I'm sorry I suspected you. :/ But alas, on Day 1 there is never much to go on as I said before. Next time :ohyeah:
This was his "RIP Deathlok" post, and it strikes me as a bit....nonchalant, I guess. Very unconcerned with having killed a civ. I'm not saying I need people to be crying when they make a mistake, it happens, but he's very quick to excuse himself entirely just because it was Day 1. His original explanation of that vote was weird as well.
Sunfire wrote: I think pointing out potential slips may be something scum would do to keep attention away from them. I am not saying that is definitely what is going on here, but it is a bit of something to go on. It IS only Day 1.
Baddie hunting is a clever tactic to distract people from baddie hunting? And it's Day 1, so it doesn't really matter who we lynch? That's how this reads to me.

Sunfire was the first to point out that Avalanche and White Queen were the two silenced players yesterday. I think this was helpful to do.

He threw away his vote Day 2, when it could've mattered, because he suspected Quicksilver, just not quite enough.

Since Night 2, he's been quick to say "Me, too!" in response to 3 or 4 other things (you can all look those up yourselves if you want, these posts are huge enough already).

However, he's done a decent job of questioning people like Quicksilver and Sebastian Shaw to get better explanations, which I like.

tl;dr: I will be keeping an eye on Sunfire, and I think others should too. However, I don't think there's enough to go on today to vote him.

I'll be deciding between Spiral and Quicksilver today.

I would also urge everyone to consider their votes extra carefully today. QS is certainly the easy lynch today, and he very well may be the right one. However, I think the worst thing we could get is civs voting him just because he's being discussed a lot and not forming their own opinions. Makes it too easy for the baddies.
Management
Joe Who?
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Joe Who? »

Mikhail Rasputin wrote:
Banshee wrote:i think i'm most likely to vote for avalanche tonight, there seems to be the most to gain from that, and the tbird lynch was still just so weird and out of the blue. it's hard to believe that there wasn't some kind of ulterior motive involved somewhere.
What do you think the gain from an Avalanche lynch would be? And what's the relation between that and Tbird's lynch? He didn't vote for QS or Tbird yesterday.
i meant to say quicksilver, i ebwoped* via the next post iirc
SmashKings
SmashKings Host

Post by SmashKings »

Quicksilver wrote:What they did (The BrotherHood) and what I said is exactly what happened. In a game with 7, I needed to stay alive and they seized the opportunity to buy them another day and kill. Unfortunately for those 7, they didn't get to kill last night though. I honestly don't think all the people gunning to get me out ARE part of the Brotherhood today, but obviously they want to chime in and put a nail in my coffin. But, what are they going to do when I'm gone? They have no one knew to target and can hide for only so long. Why would I risk this early in the game being so ballsy and talking as much as I did? Some people are being very smart and realizing what I have been saying can be true, and it is.
Don't the Brotherhood only kill on odd nights though? Looking at their roles I'm not seeing an even night killer. I don't see what you're suggesting having happened, I think it's far too complex of a plan for baddies to bother with. I've never seen it before tbh and I think the far more likely thing is that, on day 2, a couple of baddies latched on to a fairly weak case in order to try and protect a teammate. In all fairness, even if you're lynched and turn out to be a civ, I might still look to T-Bird voters because I really don't see how he ended up lynched.
Quicksilver wrote:Furthermore, those who think I "fabricated this theory" need to take a step back to realize it's a logical answer and can happen, and DID happen. If you could believe "my teammates saved me", why can't you try to acknowledge what I said could happen also? Take the blinders off X- men if we want to win this game and stop over thinking it guys. I don't think Dazzler is half of what she is cracked up to be and find my vote possibly going in her direction today or Vision or Spiral. All 3 have been acting shady and pressing for me hard this whole game IMO. Those are 3 to be weary of.
What am I cracked up to be? Today is the first day I've really been active and not long ago I had a couple of people calling me bad for voting you last time. I don't think I'm cracked up to be much really. Also, as for 'this whole game', I'm pretty sure I'd never mentioned you up until day 2. For the NO U defense, as well as thinking you were saved by teammates yesterday, I'm gonna *Vote Quicksilver*.
Ned Flanders
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 265

Post by Ned Flanders »

Polaris wrote:
Sunfire wrote:Quicksilver's response here doesn't sell right to me. And seeing some of the responses to it makes me quite uneasy about Havok and Sebastion. Also, why go after voters when we are unsure which of them are bad. Why not go straight for Quicksilver? *votes quicksilver*
It could be a trap? I agree that the timing of the votes point towards a baddie save as opposed to just a civvie lynch train. BUT, with a 7-player mafia-team, I find it even harder to believe that they would try to save a partner on Day 2 through such a method. There is most assuredly a mafia member or two on the T-Bird lynch (just by probability, there was 1.68 mafia members on that lynch), but I'm finding it a tough case to believe that it was a baddie save.
Why? With 7 members, with a few missing votes probable from barely playing players, and two silenced (non voting) players, not many votes would be needed to save him (and this isn't even taking the heavy manipulation the host has led us to believe is happening into account). And it would have been a fairly easy situation to WIFOM out of, IMO. Especially had someone not dropped a vote on QS so early, but once that vote was down it was inevitable, IMO. Plus throwing that 1.68% figure out there is wildly misleading, that could be true IF and ONLY if everyone randomized, and if the baddies were absent to the same percentage as the civvies. There were only 17 voters that lynch.

Plus I know that when I am bad, I do try to save partners if feasible. Not sure why you would think it is so out of the norm.

I have had connectivity issues all weekend, so I am going to vote now, just in case. Voting Quicksilver

And looking back on the poll thread, I CAN kind of see why the civvie killer might have killed SW without misdirection. That was one bad looking vote there at the end, if QS does come up bad. SWs posts did not seem particularly bad to me, but, yeah, if we think that there was a baddie push to save QS, then SW had to be one of the savers, since she broke the tie and put T-Bird over the top. I had not thought about that before. So if QS does come up bad, I am going to think Psylocke made a good call.
Assault
Lunatella
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Lunatella »

Polaris wrote:
Sebastian Shaw wrote:Quicksilver is good. Vote for Polaris instead. She's a monster inside.

I don't know what this means. :|

I think Quicksilver and Sunfire are good and should not be lynched.
Lunalee
nutella
Chuck
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Chuck »

Sebastian Shaw wrote:
Polaris wrote:

I'm thankful that you see me as good. But again, saying so-and-so is good or bad doesn't help any of us if you give no explanation as to why you think it. Please provide quotes and/or explanation.
Chuck
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Chuck »

@ Mikhail - I'm sorry you see some of my posts as a bit uncaring. I do care. If you knew me personally you'd know that life circumstances have made me the type of person to say, "it is what it is" and move on to try to do better next time. Day 1 lynches are usually townies. Scum have the advantage early on in the game. They know who their teammates are and who is a townie. Of course there are independents but those are usually very few. Anyway, I am a realist and I don't ever expect to lynch scum on Day 1. This doesn't mean I am one of them.
Rachel Green
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Rachel Green »

Sebastian Shaw wrote:
Polaris wrote:

First, "I saw x with the devil" is a throwaway line that was used all during the Harry Potter game. It was funny there and I saw it as a humor line here. Don't know though, maybe Polaris can clarify.

Also, I've asked you several times - I think 3 - why you voted for Cable last lynch and though you have posted you have not answered my question. I can't help thinking you are trying to dodge the question.

I also agree with Sunfire. It's nice that you think these players are good but why? What do you have that backs up your position that they are good? I note you are not saying you are leaning good on them but that they are good.

As for Quicksilver today I've got some thinking to do. I didn't buy yesterday's arguments but today Quicksilver came up with that totally implausible imo scenario that would make both the T-bird voters bad and him good and is sticking to that explanation. It felt as twisted as a pretzel and I agree with whoever said it sounds like it was born in a chat room. It also sounds like he's saying he knows it's true - how would that be the case? So actually, now that I'm typing this out, I'm going to go ahead and vote now for QS and then possibly change my vote later if I change my mind. *vote Quicksilver*
Gunther
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Gunther »

Mikhail Rasputin wrote:
Longshot wrote:
Dazzler wrote:

Linki - That.
Can we change votes?? I didn't realize that was allowed. That also would somewhat explain why some people (Sunfire, ahem ahem) feel comfortable voting so early.

Spiral, I also don't see your point here about how Hawkeye's discussion of Storm's power could hurt the civs. I got the whole "helping baddies find Cyclops" thing that happened earlier with Havok, but this seems a stretch. Also, you say that the other role he discussed, Mystique, was a baddie role, and seemed to imply that this was a strike against Hawkeye. Isn't it actually in our best interests to discuss and try to figure out baddies' secrets?? I haven't been getting good feels from you. I'll be rereading you today to see if I can pinpoint why, but this certainly pings me all on its own.

OH! I was meaning to say: I think the whole pronoun thing that happened on Day 1 was overblown. I'm actually beginning to suspect that every player got assigned a sock with the same gender as them, so someone coming out as a different gender in BTSC would be impossible. Idk if that helps, just wanted to say it.
Glad to have your thoughts! I'm responding generally to all 3 of your posts, but I'm only quoting this one so as not to clog up the thread with a super long post. I quoted this particular post because I wanted to ask you about your last point there. Why exactly do you suspect that every player got a same gendered avatar?

You make some great points about the Quicksilver lynch. I hadn't thought about it in that way. You are right that it doesn't make sense for the baddies to save Quicksilver just so that he could be lynched the following day unless they thought that T-Bird wouldn't have otherwise been lynched next if QS had gone first. Baddies voting to save Quicksilver (if QS is civvie) would be a very risky move..I would say just as risky as voting to save a team mate Quicksilver. I can agree here that baddies voting to lynch T-Bird over QS only really adds up if QS is their team mate.

Also, I agree with the suspicion of Spiral. It had actually slipped my mind a bit with all the attention on Quicksilver, but Spiral's post responding to Hawkeye saying, "Why the hell are you discussing the secrets of a civilian role?" when Hawkeye was not doing anything that would put Storm in any danger came off as instigating and not from a civvie point of view. I think it's also telling that Spiral has not responded to Hawkeye's recent post.
Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Young Lady »

I believe I find myself in agreement with pretty much everything in Rasputin's recent posts, which is a bit freaky, but well done there. I was hoping to hear more from Spiral though.

Havok, I think we still need someone to vote for you as a precaution. I'm not getting any baddie vibes from you, but I caught a glimpse of Vision earlier, who I think might be silenced, and remembered his theory.

That being said, QS it is today.
Supervisor
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Sorry my power has been out since yesterday, I'm posting on my phone. I want to catch up before I vote if it doesn't come back by tonight I'll try to on here
Gunther
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Gunther »

Hawkeye wrote:I believe I find myself in agreement with pretty much everything in Rasputin's recent posts, which is a bit freaky, but well done there. I was hoping to hear more from Spiral though.

Havok, I think we still need someone to vote for you as a precaution. I'm not getting any baddie vibes from you, but I caught a glimpse of Vision earlier, who I think might be silenced, and remembered his theory.

That being said, QS it is today.
I have no problem with that.

Return to “Previous Jobs”