X-Men [ENDGAME]

Moderator: Community Team

Would you like 24 hour Day phases?

Yes
46%
No
8%
Jonas Graymalkin (The Host, the Non, the Dead)
46%

Total votes: 13
Nicol Bolas
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 113
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Re: X-Men [Night 3]

Post by Nicol Bolas »

uhh hawkeye that dont make no sense as far as im concerned. wont domino b replaced eventually? strange reason to vote for someone......

i think im gonna go with myself on this one cuz i find myself trusting no1 else at this point

mojo where'd ya go buddy were you havin a little extracurricular time with mctaggert haha dont make the professor jealous now hmm lmao but srsly how did the experiment go r u allowed to tell us?
Lunatella
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 48

Post by Lunatella »

Nobody ever listens to me. :mad:
Lunalee
nutella
Chuck
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 53

Post by Chuck »

Sebastian Shaw wrote:Nobody ever listens to me. :mad:
maybe if you gave some explanations. :p
Lunatella
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 48

Post by Lunatella »

Sunfire wrote:
Sebastian Shaw wrote:Nobody ever listens to me. :mad:
maybe if you gave some explanations. :p
:llama:
Lunalee
nutella
Operator
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 229

Post by Operator »

Geeeez! The thread went totally batshit just now!

RIP Psylocke. That certainly explains why Psylocke used her power last night; I feel kinda dumb for not seeing it before. I still think Scarlett Witch was a weird choice, since she technically saved QS yesterday.
The Vision wrote:It would be between whichever players Magneto chose. Why do you think it would be those two??
Banshee wrote:i think one of the powers magneto had listed in the signup thread was that votes would be split between the players above and below his target on the poll. i thought it was that too, until i reread the roles just now.
Hope that explains, Viz. I was also going by what I saw in the signup thread.

Exodus wrote:
Dazzler wrote:
Hawkeye wrote:If we are to look at T-Bird voters, I also suggest looking at this:
Sunfire wrote:I can see where there is concern about Quicksilver. I just don't think it is enough to vote him yet. I think the scum might be using this situation to their advantage. So, I am going to choose one of the players that have voted for Quicksilver. *votes Hawkeye*
That vote for me aside, it appears it could have been any of the QS voters, the argument here seems pretty far-fetched.
Yeah. There's no 'I think Quicksilver voters are probably bad and here's why Hawkeye is most likely...'. It's pretty much a throwaway vote really, he admits there's reason to wonder about QS and then says baddies are using 'the situation' to their advantage but doesn't elaborate and then throws out what is essentially a random vote with no specific reason. I remember finding it a bit odd at the time that several people seemed to be slinging mud at Quicksilver voters without going into any great detail, as if they were trying to put people off voting for him or something.
I agree with this, I had not noticed it. The vote for Hawkeye is weird to me because it happened without reason.
Avalanche wrote:Guys, I cannot help but feel that we are bungling this game horribly.

That being said, Sunfire is definitely bad.
Thanks for posting that, Exodus. I had forgotten about it, and actually overlooked it in my reread somehow. I'll be strongly considering a Sunfire vote tomorrow.

Linki: Shaw, Sunfire is right. If you would use more words so we could follow your train of thought, it would go a long way ot making us listen.
Management
Spooky Ghost
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 24

Post by Spooky Ghost »

RIP Quicksilver.

I don't want to say "I told you so.", but I fucking told you so.
Golf
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 57

Post by Golf »

That sure looked like a cluster fuck at the end, wth!? I only read through it quickly but a few things I saw made me have some 2nd thoughts about players I was otherwise trusting.... I'll have to read over again before I make any definitive statements though.
Deadpool wrote: mojo where'd ya go buddy were you havin a little extracurricular time with mctaggert haha dont make the professor jealous now hmm lmao but srsly how did the experiment go r u allowed to tell us?
:slick: I had to thank the missus ;)

It went well thanks for asking. I shed my old power and got a new one which I like much better.

If anyone who voted for me last night is volunteering tonight I'll vote for one of them (as long as I'm feeling ok about you) I think this is a benefit to the civvies (as long as a civvie receives the prize anyway).
Fractal
sprityo
Operator
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Operator »

I agree, it seems clear someone trustworthy should get this. I would love to get it, but probably won't vote myself unless the votes dictate it somehow.
Management
Chuck
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Chuck »

Mikhail Rasputin wrote:I agree, it seems clear someone trustworthy should get this. I would love to get it, but probably won't vote myself unless the votes dictate it somehow.
I'll vote for ya. :D
Operator
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Operator »

Sunfire wrote:
Mikhail Rasputin wrote:I agree, it seems clear someone trustworthy should get this. I would love to get it, but probably won't vote myself unless the votes dictate it somehow.
:confused: :haha: :fiesta:
Management
Chuck
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Chuck »

Mikhail Rasputin wrote:
Sunfire wrote:
:confused: :haha: :fiesta:
Just 'cause you suspect me doesn't mean I suspect you. Seriously. I'm a good one :srsnod: :D
2 Stupid Dogs
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 189

Re: X-Men [Day 3]

Post by 2 Stupid Dogs »

I was silenced. :) I have lots of thoughts.
The Vision wrote:Yeah, me too.

Let's assume Magneto did split off qs' vote. There are now potentially two civs with 5 votes each, 6 each if Cyclops voted in there. That's enough to take out Wolverine and means this lynch is likely a disaster.

eta... we can change votes?
Can we talk about how this was the most fear mongering post I've seen in this game?
Hawkeye wrote:Spiral for now.
Interesting that you voted (initially) for someone who hadn't posted anything all day. You didn't wait for me to respond to anything. You just voted.

I'm gonna try and gather my thoughts. Long story short: I'm not liking a few of you. :nono:

Also, I am going to vote for myself. :noble:
dunya
Turnip Head
2 Stupid Dogs
Sockpuppet Account

Post by 2 Stupid Dogs »

Also, I will try and respond to what Rasputin has said as well. :)
dunya
Turnip Head
2 Stupid Dogs
Sockpuppet Account

Post by 2 Stupid Dogs »

Mikhail Rasputin wrote:Linki: Haha, thanks Deadpool. And thanks for the input on gender, Dazzler.

OK, reread Spiral. Summary:

I'd describe general tone as very...bulldoggish. There are many posts where he asks people to respond to things that were said a while back, and he has mostly kept his thoughts to a few very specific topics.
I think most have likely figured out who I am IRL. This would be very typical of me in any alignment I would have.
Mikhail Rasputin wrote:His first few (on-topic) posts on Day 1 are all about Avalanche and how he suspects him because of the whole Morlock thing. Then he says he'd likely vote Rasputin, for having one post and voting Morlock Tunnels with Avalanche. He ended up going with Deathlok because of the pronoun thing.
Yes. I wouldn't say I was overly suspicious of Avalanche, though.
Mikhail Rasputin wrote:The weird thing to me about this is, he keeps continuing to say on Day 1 that he thinks Rasputin is suspicious, but ends the day being only "unsure" about Avalanche. The suspicion makes no sense. White Queen brought this up at the time, and I think she was right to do so: if his suspicion of Rasputin was predicated on his suspicion of Avalanche, why still believe Rasputin was bad after deciding Avalanche was good? And if the suspicion WASN'T predicted on an Avalanche suspicion, why not all of the other one-posters on Day 1?
Please cite where I "decided Avalanche was good".
Mikhail Rasputin wrote:He then asked White Queen 5 times what was contradictory about his posts, without ever getting a response. Just seems an odd fixation.
You don't think unsupported accusations are something to bring up? White Queen said I was contradictory. I do not see where I have contradicted myself. I would like to know why White Queen decided to say so. I have a lot of thoughts on her. But I do not feel now is the best time to bring them up.
Mikhail Rasputin wrote:Day 2, however, everything from Day 1 was dropped. He was very suspicious of QS from the beginning, because QS was suspicious of Polaris but also thought Havok was "setting up" Polaris. I think that's reasonable, and I hadn't really noticed it before. He thinks QS was saved by baddies.
I don't see why you're trying to set this in a negative connotation.
Mikhail Rasputin wrote:*Warning: this part is extremely subjective. It come from looking at Spiral's posts in toto and my gut, and as such I acknowledge that it may not be based in reality. However, I said I'd look at Spiral and report, and I think giving my impression is necessary.*
When I reread Sunfire, I actually started feeling somewhat better about him than I had, even though I saw some slightly pingy things I hadn't before. The opposite is true here: there's actually less to go on than before, but my gut feels worse than it did. I can't put my finger on why. I guess it just seems to me like Spiral is just choosing one post/exchange at a time and just kind of picking at it insistently, not really looking at the bigger picture in most cases. It just feels to me like he's pulling at threads, waiting to see what comes loose, or what others will hop onto.

So Spiral being all for a QS lynch makes me nervous about that. I don't trust Spiral, but I also don't know if I can reasonably justify voting him without more concrete evidence.
I don't really know what to tell you about that.

I will, however, remind you that I had to badger White Queen 5 times to get her to respond to me. She still didn't. She had YOU remind her. She also SAID she would Night 2. Convenient I was silenced, no?
dunya
Turnip Head
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 188

Post by Epignosis »

Domino has been reset.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
NurseWilgy
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 38

Post by NurseWilgy »

Catching up everybody then will post my thoughts in just a lil bit :)
nutellaphant wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image

@NurseWilgy don't post any more k
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
JamminJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertusernamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Rachel Green
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 137

Post by Rachel Green »

I thought I had posted when I voted for you but I don't see it. I thought you had some good points this lynch and you strike me as civ minded so I voted for you to have your skills augmented.
NurseWilgy
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 38

Post by NurseWilgy »

Alright, well wow RIP Quicksilver first of all. What I think happened now that it has been revealed that he was Psylocke, that the attack was probably a last resort to help the other X-Men and he knew he was going pretty soon. I very much doubt Scarlet Witch was the real target, because I didn't see much of a reason he would kill her when she defended him near the end of the Day 2 lynch and voted in favor of saving him. That's a horrible way to repay the favor, so he most likely tried to NK a target that was gunning for him. Anyway, I think either Jubilee mistakingly screwed up the target or Jean Grey by mistake that was gunning he was a Baddie. I don't see where a Baddie could have done it tbh unless I'm missing or misreading.
Moving on, I agree with his points some of those voters trying to save him last minute were Baddie. But I still have an easy feeling about the group. I think the Phoenix lynch could be a connection to Baddies trying to get her out with QS still front and center as the scapegoat when no one would listen to his defenses. So, I'm not convinced she is bad, but I very much trust Rasputin's guidance at this point and think I will vote him for this poll. He didn't seem bad pushing for a QS lynch and was weighing that people could have even been wrong. A Baddie to me would subtly agree and not try to change an audience's mind. I get Civ vibes .
nutellaphant wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image

@NurseWilgy don't post any more k
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
JamminJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertusernamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Snapshot
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 191

Post by Snapshot »

Damn...

Well, trying to pull some votes off of QS ended up being worth it but it was too little too late.

Without knowledge of multiple vote changes/weirdness (Omega Red, Cyclops etc.) the odds of the last minute lynch shift working were slim. I was pretty sure QS was bad, but the try at a shift made sense either way.
Reporting
Snapshot
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Snapshot »

So Spiral was silenced. I was under the impression I was but then that was corrected. So was anyone else silenced?
Reporting
Paul Stevens
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 67

Post by Paul Stevens »

Dazzler wrote:
Exodus wrote:
White Queen wrote:That is SO fucked up :(

OMG

I am glad we tried to move votes, and am sorry we did not move more.
Exactly my reaction! This sucks!! At least now those unwilling to move will be a bit more telling, I would think this means one of the candidates for switching has a good chance of being an actual baddie.
Ugh, this result sucks. I will stick with Sunfire and Phoenix as potential baddies, but I think it could also be interesting to look at those who kept their votes on Quicksilver, especially if they were around and had a chance to change when everything went crazy.
RIP Quicksilver :( Wrong again!

I'm not quite sure I understand the case for my being a potential baddie - many were gung-ho on Quicksilver and all of a sudden accused me for "feeling too badly" for voting incorrectly. Again, sympathy does not equal evil or even neutral in my book. A last-minute lynch change seems more like either a (baddie) manipulation or an irrational panic attack, rather than a rational, well-thought-out good guy plan. We can do better than that, guys, and I'd like to trust SOMEONE :disappoint:

At this point and even though it's early, I'm thinking Rasputin should get the ability. He volunteered, seems to be one of the few making rational decisions and intelligent points, and for this gives off a good vibe for me. Hope I'm right!
Golf
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 57

Post by Golf »

I was just looking over some of the voting records and (correct me if I'm wrong) Shadowcat has managed to vote in all of the night polls but none of the lynch polls. :ponder:

Linki- I know there might be no reason for you to trust me, Phoenix, but I do trust that you are not bad. :srsnod:
Fractal
sprityo
Paul Stevens
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 67

Post by Paul Stevens »

Mojo wrote:I was just looking over some of the voting records and (correct me if I'm wrong) Shadowcat has managed to vote in all of the night polls but none of the lynch polls. :ponder:

Linki- I know there might be no reason for you to trust me, Phoenix, but I do trust that you are not bad. :srsnod:
Thanks, Mojo :) I haven't gotten any bad vibes from you, either, good sir!
Nicol Bolas
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 113
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Nicol Bolas »

yo viz why did you think you were silenced if u werent
Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 194

Post by Jack Shephard »

Mikhail Rasputin wrote:Polaris! I hope I didn't miss you.

You obviously feel QS is bad, or that he has a better chance to be than "others" you don't have time to examine. What do you think of the theories that were put out regarding the late lynch votes for Tbird yesterday?? I've been wanting to hear from you.
Why me in particular? And yes you did miss me as I was headed out. Anyway, I haven't read up on everything else that's happened yet, so give me a moment if you're on.
Snapshot
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Snapshot »

Deadpool wrote:yo viz why did you think you were silenced if u werent
I was told I was. Then with maybe 90 minutes left to the day I suddenly was told I wasn't. Epig issued a statement corroborating it. It was just host error.
Reporting
Snapshot
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Snapshot »

I'll certainly volunteer for the night poll. Every guy likes "augmentation" ;). You guys can decide if you want to go that route or not.
Reporting
Snapshot
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Snapshot »

Lol at one of Mikhails voters XD
Reporting
Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Jack Shephard »

White Queen wrote:
Polaris wrote:
Sunfire wrote:Quicksilver's response here doesn't sell right to me. And seeing some of the responses to it makes me quite uneasy about Havok and Sebastion. Also, why go after voters when we are unsure which of them are bad. Why not go straight for Quicksilver? *votes quicksilver*
It could be a trap? I agree that the timing of the votes point towards a baddie save as opposed to just a civvie lynch train. BUT, with a 7-player mafia-team, I find it even harder to believe that they would try to save a partner on Day 2 through such a method. There is most assuredly a mafia member or two on the T-Bird lynch (just by probability, there was 1.68 mafia members on that lynch), but I'm finding it a tough case to believe that it was a baddie save.
Why? With 7 members, with a few missing votes probable from barely playing players, and two silenced (non voting) players, not many votes would be needed to save him (and this isn't even taking the heavy manipulation the host has led us to believe is happening into account). And it would have been a fairly easy situation to WIFOM out of, IMO. Especially had someone not dropped a vote on QS so early, but once that vote was down it was inevitable, IMO. Plus throwing that 1.68% figure out there is wildly misleading, that could be true IF and ONLY if everyone randomized, and if the baddies were absent to the same percentage as the civvies. There were only 17 voters that lynch.

Plus I know that when I am bad, I do try to save partners if feasible. Not sure why you would think it is so out of the norm.
It was 1.68 players, not a percentage. I wasn't trying to mislead nor am I looking deeply into it or anything Just like you said, probabilities are quickly skewed by players' agendas and playing styles.
Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Jack Shephard »

Longshot wrote:
Sebastian Shaw wrote:
Polaris wrote:
Sebastian Shaw wrote:Quicksilver is good. Vote for Polaris instead. She's a monster inside.
I saw Sebastian Shaw with the devil...

But really, that's exactly what your vote there sounds like.
I don't know what this means. :|

I think Quicksilver and Sunfire are good and should not be lynched.
First, "I saw x with the devil" is a throwaway line that was used all during the Harry Potter game. It was funny there and I saw it as a humor line here. Don't know though, maybe Polaris can clarify.

Also, I've asked you several times - I think 3 - why you voted for Cable last lynch and though you have posted you have not answered my question. I can't help thinking you are trying to dodge the question.

I also agree with Sunfire. It's nice that you think these players are good but why? What do you have that backs up your position that they are good? I note you are not saying you are leaning good on them but that they are good.

As for Quicksilver today I've got some thinking to do. I didn't buy yesterday's arguments but today Quicksilver came up with that totally implausible imo scenario that would make both the T-bird voters bad and him good and is sticking to that explanation. It felt as twisted as a pretzel and I agree with whoever said it sounds like it was born in a chat room. It also sounds like he's saying he knows it's true - how would that be the case? So actually, now that I'm typing this out, I'm going to go ahead and vote now for QS and then possibly change my vote later if I change my mind. *vote Quicksilver*
It was a joke (and maybe you didn't like it), but Sebastian's vote post was so brief that I figured it was a forced vote.
dodo
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 161

Post by dodo »

Polaris wrote: It was a joke (and maybe you didn't like it), but Sebastian's vote post was so brief that I figured it was a forced vote.
No joking! Serious face. :morlocks:
Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Jack Shephard »

Mikhail Rasputin wrote:
Sunfire wrote:@ Mikhail - I'm sorry you see some of my posts as a bit uncaring. I do care. If you knew me personally you'd know that life circumstances have made me the type of person to say, "it is what it is" and move on to try to do better next time. Day 1 lynches are usually townies. Scum have the advantage early on in the game. They know who their teammates are and who is a townie. Of course there are independents but those are usually very few. Anyway, I am a realist and I don't ever expect to lynch scum on Day 1. This doesn't mean I am one of them.
Thanks for the response. I hope you won't mind me keeping a close eye on you, but like I said, I don't yet get a strong feeling that you're bad, given your other contributions.
White Queen wrote:
Polaris wrote:
It could be a trap? I agree that the timing of the votes point towards a baddie save as opposed to just a civvie lynch train. BUT, with a 7-player mafia-team, I find it even harder to believe that they would try to save a partner on Day 2 through such a method. There is most assuredly a mafia member or two on the T-Bird lynch (just by probability, there was 1.68 mafia members on that lynch), but I'm finding it a tough case to believe that it was a baddie save.

And looking back on the poll thread, I CAN kind of see why the civvie killer might have killed SW without misdirection. That was one bad looking vote there at the end, if QS does come up bad. SWs posts did not seem particularly bad to me, but, yeah, if we think that there was a baddie push to save QS, then SW had to be one of the savers, since she broke the tie and put T-Bird over the top. I had not thought about that before. So if QS does come up bad, I am going to think Psylocke made a good call.
I just reread this and it caught my eye. Polaris, does this mean you believe QS that the baddies stepped in to kill Tbird and thus to set QS up to be lynched today, at risk to themselves? I have more to say about this after I hear your response.

WQ, interesting point about Psylocke. I was getting civ vibes from Scarlett Witch, but this makes a lot of sense. And Occam's Razor favors it over the manipulation theory. If you're right, it may be worth keeping a closer eye on those who said they thought Psylocke had made a mistake or was manipulated this morning. It's possible they'd be trying to mislead us to throw off our baddie count.
Quite the opposite actually. I was saying that I thought that it was NOT a baddie save, which would say nothing about quicksilver's alignment. My thoughts are that it's too early in the game for the baddies to try and rescue a teammate, especially considering how many players they start with. Instead, it may just been a lynch train that happened to form.
Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Jack Shephard »

Spiral wrote:I was silenced. :) I have lots of thoughts.

Let's assume Magneto did split off qs' vote. There are now potentially two civs with 5 votes each, 6 each if Cyclops voted in there. That's enough to take out Wolverine and means this lynch is likely a disaster.

Can we talk about how this was the most fear mongering post I've seen in this game?
There's a fine line between fear-mongering and hypothesizing. You're going to have to expound a little more to convince me that it's the former.

But I am keeping my options open. Especially with the 'heavy manipulation' happening in this game.
Operator
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Operator »

Awww shucks, people. I'm flattered by the votes and compliments. Don't think that means I'll hesitate to suspect you if I think I should, though. :srsnod:
Avalanche wrote:
Polaris wrote: It was a joke (and maybe you didn't like it), but Sebastian's vote post was so brief that I figured it was a forced vote.
No joking! Serious face. :morlocks:
I lol'ed.
Polaris wrote:
Mikhail Rasputin wrote:Polaris! I hope I didn't miss you.

You obviously feel QS is bad, or that he has a better chance to be than "others" you don't have time to examine. What do you think of the theories that were put out regarding the late lynch votes for Tbird yesterday?? I've been wanting to hear from you.
Why me in particular? And yes you did miss me as I was headed out. Anyway, I haven't read up on everything else that's happened yet, so give me a moment if you're on.
You made an interesting post about this, and I wanted to discuss it with you. See below:
Polaris wrote:
Mikhail Rasputin wrote:Polaris, does this mean you believe QS that the baddies stepped in to kill Tbird and thus to set QS up to be lynched today, at risk to themselves? I have more to say about this after I hear your response.
Quite the opposite actually. I was saying that I thought that it was NOT a baddie save, which would say nothing about quicksilver's alignment. My thoughts are that it's too early in the game for the baddies to try and rescue a teammate, especially considering how many players they start with. Instead, it may just been a lynch train that happened to form.
See, I had been waiting all day for someone to say this, and no one did. It didn't make sense to me that Tbird's voters were baddie if QS was civ, and as I pointed out later in the day, QS fingering Tbird voters as baddies when they had just saved him meant they probably weren't on a team. That left only that the voters could have been misguided civs. (Maybe with 1-2 baddies egging them on, I'll admit. Still not great odds imo.) It seemed implausible to me at first given the timing of the votes and the bad result for Tbird, but I was considering it more as the day went on. More importantly, I was wondering why everyone was ignoring that angle. I'd think civs would want to consider it, but it would make sense to ignore it from a baddie perspective: if your teammates weren't among QS or Tbird's voters, you'd want all of them under suspicion. If the lynch is focused on them, no one talks about you or your teammates, you get a civ kill, and after the lynch, if QS shows up civ it proves he was right and you can go lynch Tbird voters on Day 3. If a Tbird voter flips civ, we 'just happened to get the wrong one' and keep lynching them, or we get mad at QS for his incorrect theory and lynch him. It's a win-win-win(-win?).

I didn't totally understand your post at the time, and thought you were agreeing with QS. If so, it would've been the most egregious instance of ignoring the civ bandwagon theory I had seen. I would've been really suspicious of you. And if you had said this at the time, I would've said that I agree and that we should probably look somewhere else for the lynch.

I'm somewhat fearful of a similar thing happening tomorrow. And of Magneto's power. So I'll be probably trying to look in some less obvious directions. I also want to see who was encouraging speculation that Tbird's voters were bad.
Management
Operator
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Operator »

My responses in light purple:
Spiral wrote:
Mikhail Rasputin wrote:
OK, reread Spiral. Summary:

I'd describe general tone as very...bulldoggish. There are many posts where he asks people to respond to things that were said a while back, and he has mostly kept his thoughts to a few very specific topics.
I think most have likely figured out who I am IRL. This would be very typical of me in any alignment I would have.

I actually haven't personally, but if others have I'll leave that to them to judge.
Mikhail Rasputin wrote:His first few (on-topic) posts on Day 1 are all about Avalanche and how he suspects him because of the whole Morlock thing. Then he says he'd likely vote Rasputin, for having one post and voting Morlock Tunnels with Avalanche. He ended up going with Deathlok because of the pronoun thing.
Yes. I wouldn't say I was overly suspicious of Avalanche, though.

I disagree, based on your first few posts from Day 1.
Mikhail Rasputin wrote:The weird thing to me about this is, he keeps continuing to say on Day 1 that he thinks Rasputin is suspicious, but ends the day being only "unsure" about Avalanche. The suspicion makes no sense. White Queen brought this up at the time, and I think she was right to do so: if his suspicion of Rasputin was predicated on his suspicion of Avalanche, why still believe Rasputin was bad after deciding Avalanche was good? And if the suspicion WASN'T predicted on an Avalanche suspicion, why not all of the other one-posters on Day 1?
Please cite where I "decided Avalanche was good".

You actually never did. I worded that too strongly, you just stopped harping on him about morlocks as you had been doing and then said you did not plan to vote him. I still think it's strange you wanted to vote me based on a vote we had in common if you didn't want to vote him.
Mikhail Rasputin wrote:He then asked White Queen 5 times what was contradictory about his posts, without ever getting a response. Just seems an odd fixation.
You don't think unsupported accusations are something to bring up? White Queen said I was contradictory. I do not see where I have contradicted myself. I would like to know why White Queen decided to say so. I have a lot of thoughts on her. But I do not feel now is the best time to bring them up.

Please do bring them up when you feel the time is right. I believe that the contradiction she was bringing up was the one I have mentioned, that you were suspicious of me on Day 1 based on a vote with Avalanche, but not suspicious of Avalanche. I, like her, am still curious to hear back from you about your rational for suspecting me on Day 1.
Mikhail Rasputin wrote:Day 2, however, everything from Day 1 was dropped. He was very suspicious of QS from the beginning, because QS was suspicious of Polaris but also thought Havok was "setting up" Polaris. I think that's reasonable, and I hadn't really noticed it before. He thinks QS was saved by baddies.
I don't see why you're trying to set this in a negative connotation.

That's fair for the first sentence of what you highlighted. It's possible my gut feeling influenced my wording too strongly given what was in front of me. At the very least for this quote, and possibly for my whole reread. I am trying to look at this with an open mind, and I'll try to make sure I don't get tunnel vision.

I actually said that I thought your initial suspicion of QS was a pretty reasonable one, though, so I wasn't negative at all about that. Thinking QS was saved by baddies was seeming less reasonable to me at that time, but was probably still justifiable.

I will, however, remind you that I had to badger White Queen 5 times to get her to respond to me. She still didn't. She had YOU remind her. She also SAID she would Night 2. Convenient I was silenced, no?
I do think it's unfortunate you were silenced, and that I didn't really notice it. She actually did respond to you the first time, like she said, but you rejected what she said and kept asking, iirc.

Anyway, I do still have somewhat bad gut feels about you, but I think some of your responses to my review of you are valid. I'll be eager to hear your thoughts on White Queen and who you're eyeing tomorrow.
Management
2 Stupid Dogs
Sockpuppet Account

Post by 2 Stupid Dogs »

Rasputin, I essentially suspected the previous owner of your account because I thought he was looking for a vote that couldn't really be analyze. "Oh I voted for the option that the crazy/kooky person voted for/is harping on, people will think I wasn't paying attention"

I didn't like that. It felt in genuine to me. So no, I see no contradictions. I see White Queen trying to set me up-- a lot.
dunya
Turnip Head
2 Stupid Dogs
Sockpuppet Account

Post by 2 Stupid Dogs »

Polaris wrote:

There's a fine line between fear-mongering and hypothesizing. You're going to have to expound a little more to convince me that it's the former.

But I am keeping my options open. Especially with the 'heavy manipulation' happening in this game.
Honestly, you don't think "That's enough to take out Wolverine and means the lynch is likely a disaster" wasn't fear mongering? Geez, seems to me that The Vision, now that he could speak, wanted us all to panic as much as humanly possible. While I totally agree that Magneto's power is something we need to consider on odd days, The Vision essentially wanted us to act like we were about to lynch what is (to me) the lead civvie (as he is one of the only characters from X-men that I can recognize). How the hell would Magneto know who Wolverine is this early in the game?
dunya
Turnip Head
Ned Flanders
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 265

Post by Ned Flanders »

Spiral wrote:Rasputin, I essentially suspected the previous owner of your account because I thought he was looking for a vote that couldn't really be analyze. "Oh I voted for the option that the crazy/kooky person voted for/is harping on, people will think I wasn't paying attention"

I didn't like that. It felt in genuine to me. So no, I see no contradictions. I see White Queen trying to set me up-- a lot.
Um, what?

I said you were contradictory, you answered me, I said that I THOUGHT YOU SOUNDED SINCERE.

You kept bringing it up after i said I THOUGHT YOU SOUNDED SINCERE.

If anyone is setting you up, it is you.
Assault
Operator
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Operator »

Spiral wrote:Rasputin, I essentially suspected the previous owner of your account because I thought he was looking for a vote that couldn't really be analyze. "Oh I voted for the option that the crazy/kooky person voted for/is harping on, people will think I wasn't paying attention"

Fair enough, about my previous incarnation. It now seems clear that they actually weren't paying attention. I disagree that White Queen is setting you up, personally. However, it'd be cool if we got some other opinions on her come morning.
Spiral wrote:
Polaris wrote: There's a fine line between fear-mongering and hypothesizing. You're going to have to expound a little more to convince me that it's the former.

Honestly, you don't think "That's enough to take out Wolverine and means the lynch is likely a disaster" wasn't fear mongering? Geez, seems to me that The Vision, now that he could speak, wanted us all to panic as much as humanly possible.
If you're right, he certainly succeeded. That lynch got crazy. I read it as more of a 'Marvin the Paranoid Android' super defeatist thing than an evil mastermind thing, though, and we got the lynch result we originally suspected anyway. I figure no harm, no foul there. And it did generate some interesting discussion.
Management
Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Jack Shephard »

White Queen wrote:

Um, what?

I said you were contradictory, you answered me, I said that I THOUGHT YOU SOUNDED SINCERE.

I was trying to figure that one out too. :ponder:
Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Jack Shephard »

Spiral wrote:
Polaris wrote:

Honestly, you don't think "That's enough to take out Wolverine and means the lynch is likely a disaster" wasn't fear mongering? Geez, seems to me that The Vision, now that he could speak, wanted us all to panic as much as humanly possible. While I totally agree that Magneto's power is something we need to consider on odd days, The Vision essentially wanted us to act like we were about to lynch what is (to me) the lead civvie (as he is one of the only characters from X-men that I can recognize). How the hell would Magneto know who Wolverine is this early in the game?
And that's why I was thinking that because it was such a far-fetched idea, that how could it possibly provide a sound argument or even be intended to cause a ruckus. In hindsight, that obviously didn't work out that way.

And tbh, I'm more worried about the possibility of the Sentinels vote power increasing than Magneto's vote manipulation. In a couple days, that could prove far more dangerous.
2 Stupid Dogs
Sockpuppet Account

Post by 2 Stupid Dogs »

Mikhail Rasputin wrote:

Fair enough, about my previous incarnation. It now seems clear that they actually weren't paying attention. I disagree that White Queen is setting you up, personally. However, it'd be cool if we got some other opinions on her come morning.
Spiral wrote:
Polaris wrote: There's a fine line between fear-mongering and hypothesizing. You're going to have to expound a little more to convince me that it's the former.

Honestly, you don't think "That's enough to take out Wolverine and means the lynch is likely a disaster" wasn't fear mongering? Geez, seems to me that The Vision, now that he could speak, wanted us all to panic as much as humanly possible.
If you're right, he certainly succeeded. That lynch got crazy. I read it as more of a 'Marvin the Paranoid Android' super defeatist thing than an evil mastermind thing, though, and we got the lynch result we originally suspected anyway. I figure no harm, no foul there. And it did generate some interesting discussion.
I agree with you that his comment didn't, ultimately, change the results of the lynch I do think, however, that comments like that should be watched carefully. :)
dunya
Turnip Head
2 Stupid Dogs
Sockpuppet Account

Post by 2 Stupid Dogs »

White Queen wrote:

Um, what?

What does that even mean?

LINKI

I think worrying about specific roles can lead to tunnel vision. We should look for anyone and everyone who is bad, not just certain roles. I know, Polaris, that you didn't mean that, but I just want to get that out there.
dunya
Turnip Head
Ned Flanders
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 265

Post by Ned Flanders »

It means, Spiral, taht I had a concern about you on Day One. You addressed my concern, and that was that; I FELT BETTER ABOUT YOU. But you kept asking me what I meant and how did I think you were contradictory (when i had already answered this).

Now you are saying I am trying to set you up, when all I did was answer YOUR QUESTION about you. Dude, chill. Seriously.
Assault
Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Jack Shephard »

So far, I'm getting a ping from Spiral (it's just that you've said some things that aren't making sense). I also believe that there is at least one baddie in the group of Exodus, Dazzler, and Banshee. Three players jockying around at the end of the day phase like that just seemed a bit odd for just a group of civs. While I don't believe that A Vision was being malicious with his idea about Magneto and Wolverine, I think it's likely that some baddie took that idea and used it in such a method.

Also, should we take Cable seriously, or did he really quit?
Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Jack Shephard »

Spiral wrote:
White Queen wrote:

Um, what?

What does that even mean?

LINKI

I think worrying about specific roles can lead to tunnel vision. We should look for anyone and everyone who is bad, not just certain roles. I know, Polaris, that you didn't mean that, but I just want to get that out there.
Agreed there.

But could you explain the White Queen bit. That's just wasn't making sense to me (nor her response for that matter).
Snapshot
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Snapshot »

I wanted you to act like what you were: A bunch of people who took the safe, most standard lynch idea (lynch yesterday's secondmost votegetter in case they were saved) and jumped on it without bothering to think that if QS *was* bad, that maybe the baddies would have worked to keep him alive. No one was talking about Magneto's power. No one bothered to do the math. Now don't get me wrong, QS as a lynch choice wasn't bad per se, I too thought the tbird lynch may have been a save. But for a game in which there is heavy manipulation, no one seemed to want to talk about it suddenly...

So there I am, watching, unable to post, and then Epig tells me he goofed and I came in and started workin' it. Did I freak about Wolverine? Yes, absolutely. My point wasnt that Wolvy was going to die but thatt there were so many votes on QS that anyone, including Wolverine, could be threatened.

And QS was a civ, so if I came in and tried to pull votes off, how does that make me suspicious to you? I could have just let the lynch run if I were bad, why go through all that panic to save a civ if I were bad?
Reporting
Snapshot
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Snapshot »

And let's talk about Havok, shall we?

So Day ONE he asks the host if a 7-4 lynch was a tie. When I call him on it, he says that this is a game of "heavy manipulation". Today, I start posting, people start talking about Magneto, and what does Havok do? He posts "votes quicksilver" and doesn't post again. He had certainly mentioned finding qs suspicious, but for someone to be so paranoid about vote manipulation that he asks Day 1 if its a tie, how does he ignore the talk of concern with the lynch and vote qs without another word?
Reporting
Snapshot
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Snapshot »

Right before Havok voted, Mikhail, Exodus and White Queen all posted about how the unanimous looking lynch was troublesome and they all talked of the chance of forced votes. And Havok ignored them all. The guy worried about ties on Day 1.
Reporting
2 Stupid Dogs
Sockpuppet Account

Post by 2 Stupid Dogs »

White Queen wrote:It means, Spiral, taht I had a concern about you on Day One. You addressed my concern, and that was that; I FELT BETTER ABOUT YOU. But you kept asking me what I meant and how did I think you were contradictory (when i had already answered this).

Now you are saying I am trying to set you up, when all I did was answer YOUR QUESTION about you. Dude, chill. Seriously.
Looks like I've rustled some feathers. I don't think I'm the one that needs to chill.
dunya
Turnip Head

Return to “Previous Jobs”