Host/Mod/Dead/Spec
56%

Total votes: 9
Dyslexicon
<3
Posts in topic: 489

Re: The Lion King [Day 3]

Post by Dyslexicon »

Actually, yes, who was on your wagon on D1, [mention]Michelle[/mention] - Do you remember?
Dyslexicon
<3

Re: The Lion King [Night 2]

Post by Dyslexicon »

tedxtr wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 5:57 am I think I like cobble's early posts. Rings genuine and the thought process on Urist was pretty villagery. I struggle to find wolves thinking about pre-rand stuff.

Urist's aggression early on is a good look for now.
Lol. Welcome, Ted. I love how you're town reading your own slot. It's important to stay objective =p
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

tedxtr wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:53 am I believe that the jeraldoo analysis had no real ending included, my thoughts are mixed. I wanna dive deeper into how jeraldoo arrives at the conclusion of his pairing reads. I think him constantly repeating "I could be wrong" and "That's just how I took it" without giving any reason as to why he believes in the w/w read could be scum indicative.

He keeps pushing on that angle while not really giving any compelling reason for us to believe that he believes in that read, if that makes sense.
Actually yes.

[VOTE: Jeraldo] aubergine
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Two wagons. Like LOTR like.
Michelle
Made Man
Posts in topic: 149
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers/herself

Post by Michelle »

Dyslexicon wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 2:27 pm Actually, yes, who was on your wagon on D1, @Michelle - Do you remember?
Scirrus and Alison when i came itt.
But after idk.. is hard for me to search on phone
Spoiler: show

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
DrWilgy wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 6:59 pm Death before cowardice.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Urist wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 4:58 pm There's no way to see the vote counts at different points of the previous days right? It's basically just lost yea?
Yeah, that is why most people vote in thread. So you could technically go back and make a pretty chart from it. As Azure on my hom site does. Bless his heart, cause it's honestly pretty great.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Michelle wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 2:37 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 2:27 pm Actually, yes, who was on your wagon on D1, @Michelle - Do you remember?
Scirrus and Alison when i came itt.
But after idk.. is hard for me to search on phone
I'll check it out myself.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Lavender wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 8:26 pm please let me post my final thoughts before mafia hammers me
You have two votes and you think mafia will hammer you? Howdatwork?
Alison
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 329
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by Alison »

Dyslexicon wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 2:24 pm
Lavender wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 2:25 am oh one last thing, was it u @Dyslexicon that said u thought that mp7's reaction to the cop check on 1612 was town (something about eagerness to dive into isos)? cuz i don't buy that at all. if anything it's more evidence for mp7/1612 being w/w
Nah, I think that was Alison who said that. And yeah, I actually disagree with her, cause MP isn't stupid lol. If she's scum, she would know to react as if the check was legit, if he knew it wasn't - or as you say s/s is possible. But I don't really think MP is scum. I don't even have a great reason for it, just a "dumb" one that I feel in my heart. Probably not what you want to hear.
It was tutuu who brought up the MP iso thing.
There's nothing that says a fake can't surpass the real thing.
Alison

Post by Alison »

Ok, I'll be brief. 1612, your defense of Lavender's post, I agree with, but that post is not why I am scumreading him. I am scumreading him because I felt the push on Michelle was bad, he has thrown shade around without any substantiation, and the "if Alison is town then Michelle is scum" comment was pretty bad. In addition I think we can get a lot of information out of flipping Lavender.

Lavender, if you flip town I will listen to your legacy (for one night phase anyway before I get shot). FWIW, I think it is unlikely that you and Michelle are V/V so I do think Michelle looks bad if you flip town. If you are town, you can die with the knowledge that the information from your flip will help us solve the game.

At this time I have not yet heard anything that makes me want to reconsider my vote on Lavender. I looked at my posts and reads again and again and I do not think I am tunnelling here - Lavender has just been objectively scummy.
Alison

Post by Alison »

My main problem with a jeraldo flip is that it gives us nothing to go on whichever way jeraldo flips. Lavender flip will give us leads for next day.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Lavender wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 9:02 pm2) tutuu's brilliant cop reveal d2 which asked all the players for their reads sent mp7 and cobbler running for the hills. i remember me and dys being active posters after that reveal. i remember michelle and mp7 promising reads later. my impression of the claim was that tutuu had a red check. i noticed that tutuu had been asking urist for a scumcase on mp7 the previous night. i reasoned that mp7 was the red check and indicated this in the post containing my reads. this claim was universally ignored, which is extremely consistent with mp7 being gf: she and her mafia pals would know that her actually being the red check is impossible, so how can any of them respond to my claim without implicating themselves? i guess their best play is hard bussing mp7. indeed, the brilliancy of tutuu's play, to me, is that she essentially forced mafia to bus mp7. the simple explanation for their silence, to me, is that they missed the boat on that opportunity
I'm reading this, but I don't get it. Tutu forced mafia to bus MP? But nobody voted MP, so that just means they missed the opportunity. That sounds a bit random to me. Why exactly did you assume MP as the check? Tutu "voted" you on N1, and I'm pretty sure she didn't scum read MP at all. Also, saying that Tutu's claim made Cobbler running for the hills is pretty disingenuous when Cobbler was already way over that hill from somewhere D1 iirc.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Alison wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 2:40 pmIt was tutuu who brought up the MP iso thing.
Oh ok. Just out of curiosity, what do you think about that point?
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

I mean, I like that Lavender is putting in effort, regardless of his alignment. But I don't really like how this effort is coming mostly now that he's on the chopping block.
Dyslexicon
<3

Re: The Lion King [Day 1]

Post by Dyslexicon »

1612 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 9:57 pmMichelle never addressed Alison again after reading and iso'ing her posts. She also voted up 2 confirmed prs and 1 green check which I am reading as non-godfather so not looking good
"Alison time out, i can't see anymore." doesn't really say to me that you realized Tutu was softing n0 peek, you just... stopped and voted 2 other of my town reads including me
why is no one else considering or bringing up Michelle? perhaps it was because I missed out on d1 and she was active when i was absent but her votes are not the towniest based off the flips and the current game state

ALL THE INFO IS ON DAY 1 OR SO IVE HEARD
Actually, to be fair, I want to check her D1 wagon. If Scirrus and Alison was the one leading it, it's kind of suspect if it didn't go anywhere, since those are now confirmed town. I don't remember the details around it though. I used to think I was able to read Michelle decently, not that we've played that many games together. Last game we played I misread her horribly (thought she was super scum when she was town). The main reason I'm thinking she's town here is just an attitude thing, and especially around the discussion with Alison, which Tutu mindmelded with me on. That still weighs pretty heavily in my mind.
Alison

Post by Alison »

Dyslexicon wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 2:56 pm
Alison wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 2:40 pmIt was tutuu who brought up the MP iso thing.
Oh ok. Just out of curiosity, what do you think about that point?
NAI

I believe MP when she says she knew tutuu was a cop. I thought the reaction was fine. Nothing to do with ISO stuff. I independently townread MP outside of it.
Alison

Post by Alison »

tutuu hard townshielded Michelle and I respect that read. Michelle also switched off me when wolf her had no reason to do so.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

1612 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 10:47 pmGoing to head to bed soon, will be around for 5 hours before voting.

Urist, maybe we have different ideas on game play but to me you should always vote with confirmed town even if you disagree with who you think is scum. like I will say this is not the vote and my opinion and hopefully Alison sees it or you convince me otherwise in your view because right now like I said, I don't agree with the quotes that are being brought up is scummy. I don't get what point you are making from this. Hbu, Are you confident in the Lavendar vote? If I was day vig and wanted to see a flip without considering we only have one misyeet because of odd numbers... well my answer to that question would be have you read any of my recent posts?

I'll see you guys tomorrow!
Question. How confident would you say you are in your ability to read Lavender here?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 654
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

I'm here to solve the game and chew bubblegum... and I'm all out of gum.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

First off I'll check my mentions, but otherwise please throw important things at me, I can handle them all.
Alison

Post by Alison »

I'm going to keep it real, I have no idea what Lavender is saying in his legacy post so I'll read it when he flips town and not before. I understand the English but I really can't track the reasoning and it's giving me a headache trying to make sense of it. Lavender please try to break it down into simpler terms for me if you can.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Alison wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 3:06 pmNAI

I believe MP when she says she knew tutuu was a cop. I thought the reaction was fine. Nothing to do with ISO stuff. I independently townread MP outside of it.
Yeah, same tbh. Though my reason for thinking she's town is more so the excitement thing at the very beginning of the game. I just felt it. Maybe it's dumb, but I often have good reads from "dumb" tells.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Urist wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 2:02 pm There are 9 players in the game with 4 votes placed. :ponder:

@1612 @Dyslexicon @M Plus 7 @speedchuck

Y'all should vote, dl is in 5h
Thanks for the reminder, Urist!
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

I see Lavender mentioned me 4 times and what I'm getting out of it is that I'm being mass tunneled. Alright then.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Urist wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 10:49 pmThat's not really how a team game works. Just because they're confirmed town doesn't mean they're going to be correct on everything.
I won't be placing a vote today unless absolutely necessary.
Wait, you don't want to vote? But democracy
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Dyslexicon wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 3:09 pm
Alison wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 3:06 pmNAI

Yeah, same tbh. Though my reason for thinking she's town is more so the excitement thing at the very beginning of the game. I just felt it. Maybe it's dumb, but I often have good reads from "dumb" tells.
You can make reads for any reason you want to!
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

M Plus 7 wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 3:10 pm I see Lavender mentioned me 4 times and what I'm getting out of it is that I'm being mass tunneled. Alright then.
[mention]Lavender[/mention]

Not to be rude, I promise, but... I have <4 hours until EoD, so if you happen to come back, please try to give me a specific question I can answer quickly to better inform your read of me. Otherwise I think I have more urgent things to do.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Urist wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 11:06 pm
M Plus 7 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 11:04 pm I really shouldn't ever play 24/24 games
Same. :P This game has been a wild ride so far, that's for sure.
MOOD
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

MP grants me the freedom. I have been relieved.
Alison

Post by Alison »

The only idea I can pick out regarding why MP7 is scum is that MP7 intentionally dodged giving reads before the tutuu cop reveal?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

I'm not sure what else to do that when I see "i think that mp7 and michelle are outed mafia" so yeah, let's move on from that. I can't imagine the strategy for this, but it's layered with WIFOM, so I'll try to form a read of Lavender independently.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Alison wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 3:13 pm The only idea I can pick out regarding why MP7 is scum is that MP7 intentionally dodged giving reads before the tutuu cop reveal?
Nah, if I were scum, I'd have those fabricated reads ready to go for the town cred, hehe.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Dyslexicon wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 3:13 pm MP grants me the freedom. I have been relieved.
Don't worry Dizzy, the heroine is here to save the day, hehe.

Seriously though, I imagine I'll be in this game for the long haul given Urist and Alison at a minimum are dying before me, so I need to pace myself, but also I can't help myself.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Lavender shades people constantly and I can't fathom why a townie would do that. There's like... no effort to understand, only casting aspersions or something similar. I suppose we could be having major culture clash and/or playstyle clash though. I suppose he doesn't have to be wolf. If he isn't, who does that leave as a reasonable team...
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Urist wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 11:53 pm I will say that 1612's behaviour is + partner equity with Lav.
I do agree with this. I was considering the "would a teammate defend his partner this hard?" angle, but considering the game state, he probably would, also considering they are friends and 1612 seems like a nice person who would want to be a good teammate. That is kind of speculation, but that's the vibe I get =p
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Lavender wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 4:47 pm
M Plus 7 wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 4:10 pm
1612 wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 4:09 pm
Alison wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 4:06 pm 1612 please don't talk about OGI stuff even more than you already have. It's a violation of game integrity.
Huh, my opinion was that reading people scum is all about IRL reads. I don't think this is necessarily too much OGI or maybe I am wrong? It jsut seemed like a lot of people thought he was scummy for an obvious fake cop claim so I am giving some people context and not let people automatically scumread Lavendar. Or is explaining that OGI, too? If that is so, I will not talk about it anymore. I just thought you guys were saying how Nanoook is easier to read for you guys so I was trying to do the same.
Hey 1612, it's appreciated! But technically in forum mafia, anything that happens outside of the confines of the actual game thread would be considered OGI. Hope that makes sense!
no, this doesn't really make sense to me. i think u r misunderstanding 1612's question. iirc at least 2 ppl called u town d1 because u were playing similar in this game to how u played town in another game. in fact, it seems like pretty much all y'alls d1 is based on discussing player meta, hell ur first question to me was asking me about whether how often i use reaction checking in my playstyle. i think that's what 1612 means by IRL reads

i assumed the criticism of 1612 was bringing up the OGI relating to DMs, which is against the rules of this site as i understand them. if i am misunderstanding, please let me know @1612 @M Plus 7
Hey, [mention]Lavender[/mention], did I ever answer this? Apologies if I didn't, it's been a crazy few days.

Meta is OK, but anything else would be considered OGI, like... if someone else was in the same apartment as me while playing this game and trying to use my IRL actions to determine my alignment, that'd be a huge no-no. The reason meta is OK is that it's an established perception of how someone plays the game in general, there really isn't anything specific that's being used to read a player in a game that violates the within-game mentality.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Dyslexicon wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 3:18 pm
Urist wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 11:53 pm I will say that 1612's behaviour is + partner equity with Lav.
I do agree with this. I was considering the "would a teammate defend his partner this hard?" angle, but considering the game state, he probably would, also considering they are friends and 1612 seems like a nice person who would want to be a good teammate. That is kind of speculation, but that's the vibe I get =p
I'm curious then (and I'm sure I'll find out through reading back), why are we yeeting Lavender over 1612?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

What would be the worst case scenario "deepwolf" team right now? Dizzy, Michelle, and cobbler? That doesn't sound right.
Alison

Post by Alison »

1612 and Lav are both from a flipless meta, where bussing doesn't work (because you don't see the flip). proto has said before that the community has a strong no-bussing meta in general. I think they have partner equity if one of them flips scum.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Lavender wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 2:05 am scumcase on mp7:

@M Plus 7 i iso-ed u earlier today and ur d1 is textbook scummy by the standards of the community i come from, or at the very least by me. to me, it's a whole lot of asking questions of other players and not following up, and making promises to deliver reads later that never get fulfilled. u say that we shouldn't base our alignments of u on ur tone or demeanor. fine. why, then, should we townread u? this is why i asked u earlier what u have done to deserve a townread from me. i mostly see u sheeping reads and wagons. nothing u've done this game seems transparent to me

also, to say that all i've done is to throw shade seems like a deliberate (and hasty) misrepresentation of my gameplay. at the very least, u have to give me credit for reaction checks and meming about jetski astrology
I still cannot fathom this interpretation of my behavior. I have been making reads lists, yeah?
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 46

Post by speedchuck »

[VOTE: Lavender] aubergine
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Alison wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 3:23 pm
1612 and Lav are both from a flipless meta, where bussing doesn't work (because you don't see the flip). proto has said before that the community has a strong no-bussing meta in general. I think they have partner equity if one of them flips scum.
That's actually a really good point, bussing wouldn't be seen as a viable strategy then.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Urist wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 9:27 am Actually 1612 refusing to try to save Lavender despite townreading him is scummy regardless of Lav's alignment. You guys sure you don't want to banish 1612 first instead?
Isn't saving Lavender exactly what he's trying to do here though? I could see town!1612 being just wrong before I could see scum!1612 defending a town!Lav here, cause why would he need to do that? Just white knighting?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

speedchuck wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 3:23 pm [VOTE: Lavender] aubergine
Wait what the fuck, you're in this game? Cool!
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

I recently helped lynch MP despite the post count tell and it went as terribly as can be imagined. Rather not do that again.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

hi mp

Just replaced in.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Alison

Post by Alison »

M Plus 7 wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 3:21 pm What would be the worst case scenario "deepwolf" team right now? Dizzy, Michelle, and cobbler? That doesn't sound right.
Alison (after tutuu lied about her n0 check to townshield her strongest townread), Urist the Godfather, and Dizzy.

If that's the team, you can just call the game right now.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

speedchuck wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 3:24 pm I recently helped lynch MP despite the post count tell and it went as terribly as can be imagined. Rather not do that again.
Yeah let's not yeet me this game please.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

speedchuck wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 3:24 pm hi mp

Just replaced in.
Are you jeraldooo then?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Alison wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 3:25 pm
M Plus 7 wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 3:21 pm What would be the worst case scenario "deepwolf" team right now? Dizzy, Michelle, and cobbler? That doesn't sound right.
Alison (after tutuu lied about her n0 check to townshield her strongest townread), Urist the Godfather, and Dizzy.

If that's the team, you can just call the game right now.
Yep, fuck me then.

Return to “Previous Heists”