X-Men [ENDGAME]

Moderator: Community Team

Would you like 24 hour Day phases?

Yes
46%
No
8%
Jonas Graymalkin (The Host, the Non, the Dead)
46%

Total votes: 13
dodo
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 161

Re: X-Men [Day 5.2]

Post by dodo »

The Vision wrote:Shaw, so which of Avalanche and Longshot do you think is bad, then? We've only got 2 silencers and 3 silenced players. One of them is lying, and thus bad. And why, despite voting, do you think it isn't Sunfire?
Yeah, why? Don't you trust the King of the Morlocks?
Lunatella
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 48

Post by Lunatella »

I think Longshot is good, but not very good at finding the evil mutants.

I don't know about Avalanche. We both think the White Queen is good though.

Do you have any reason to think Cable is good? You didn't answer my question about making mistakes, so after Cable is lynched I might vote for you.

:shark:
Lunalee
nutella
Lunatella
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 48

Post by Lunatella »

Oh, I see Avalanche voted for Sunfire, and I think Sunfire is good, so Avalanche could be bad.
Lunalee
nutella
dodo
Sockpuppet Account

Post by dodo »

Sebastian Shaw wrote:Oh, I see Avalanche voted for Sunfire, and I think Sunfire is good, so Avalanche could be bad.
Nope.
Snapshot
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 191

Post by Snapshot »

Sebastian Shaw wrote:I think Longshot is good, but not very good at finding the evil mutants.

I don't know about Avalanche. We both think the White Queen is good though.

Do you have any reason to think Cable is good? You didn't answer my question about making mistakes, so after Cable is lynched I might vote for you.

:shark:
Eh? I answered your question with a question. Sure, mistakes can happen, so if you think Sunfire is civ and goofed, you must think one of Avalanche or Longshot are bad. So if you think Longshot is good, and that Sunfire is good and made a mistake, don't you have to think Avalanche is bad? Being wishy-washy on him makes no sense in view of your stance on the other two.

And I disagree with you about Sunfire, so now I'm going to be lynched? Nice NO U by proxy :evileye:
Reporting
Chuck
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 53

Post by Chuck »

Mikhail Rasputin wrote:
Havok wrote:LOL. I figured that was the case. That's why I wanted to lynch Shadowcat first.
Soooooo.....anyone else utterly, 100% convinced that The Vision, White Queen, and Havok are all bad now? Mojo, Sunfire?

Also, I now think Shaw may be indy. He does not give a single fuck. Not a one.
I believe these three are among the scum!
Sebastian Shaw wrote:Oh, I see Avalanche voted for Sunfire, and I think Sunfire is good, so Avalanche could be bad.
You are right and wrong. I am good but Avalance is also. :srsnod:
Chuck
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Chuck »

Avalanche, what do you make of me speaking of your civviness throughout the thread while you keep accusing me of being bad?
Rachel Green
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 137

Post by Rachel Green »

Well Sunfire, I guess you are trying to imply that I faked being silenced? And why would I do that exactly? And the truth is, I did not fake it and I think you know as well as we do who did.
dodo
Sockpuppet Account

Post by dodo »

Sunfire wrote:Avalanche, what do you make of me speaking of your civviness throughout the thread while you keep accusing me of being bad?
I appreciate your honesty, and I acknowledge that I may be wrong about you because I am playing this game based on instinct.
If you are not bad, though, why are you so sure that I am good?
Chuck
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Chuck »

Longshot wrote:Well Sunfire, I guess you are trying to imply that I faked being silenced? And why would I do that exactly? And the truth is, I did not fake it and I think you know as well as we do who did.
No, I'm not actually. I'm actually confused as to why everyone thinks only baddies will pretend to be silenced. Couldn't civvies think pretending to be silenced could be helpful at some point? But, that aside, there are secrets among the roles as well as prizes for the night polls. It makes sense to me that there could be three people silenced in one day.
dodo
Sockpuppet Account

Post by dodo »

[quote="Sunfire"]Couldn't civvies think pretending to be silenced could be helpful at some point?/quote]

Definitely yes.
Joe Who?
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 153
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Joe Who? »

just got home, what does day 5.2 mean?
Chuck
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Chuck »

Extended day 5.
Joe Who?
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Joe Who? »

what happened to day 5?
Chuck
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Chuck »

:shrug:
Snapshot
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 191

Post by Snapshot »

Voted Sunfire for now.
Reporting
Joe Who?
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Joe Who? »

Ok I'm caught up. I'm sorry I missed the vote.

Shit seems to have gone down. I need to read back on some stuff I think...
Ned Flanders
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 265

Post by Ned Flanders »

Sunfire wrote:
Longshot wrote:Well Sunfire, I guess you are trying to imply that I faked being silenced? And why would I do that exactly? And the truth is, I did not fake it and I think you know as well as we do who did.
No, I'm not actually. I'm actually confused as to why everyone thinks only baddies will pretend to be silenced. Couldn't civvies think pretending to be silenced could be helpful at some point? But, that aside, there are secrets among the roles as well as prizes for the night polls. It makes sense to me that there could be three people silenced in one day.
This sounds like some serious scrambling. Why can't civs pretend to be silenced? Maybe more than two people are silenced.

Voting Sunfire.
Assault
2 Stupid Dogs
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 189

Post by 2 Stupid Dogs »

Longshot wrote: What makes you think Rasputin is not civ?

Also, The Vision, after that lie about being silenced I see no reason why you shouldn't vote him.
Rasputin has come across as very bullish lately. Very bully-- baddie bully imo.
dunya
Turnip Head
Rachel Green
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Rachel Green »

Spiral wrote:

Also, The Vision, after that lie about being silenced I see no reason why you shouldn't vote him.
Can you give me an example? I have not seen him as a bully at all but maybe i interpret it differently from you.
2 Stupid Dogs
Sockpuppet Account

Post by 2 Stupid Dogs »

Longshot wrote:
Spiral wrote:

Can you give me an example? I have not seen him as a bully at all but maybe i interpret it differently from you.
He brought up my name without explanation, and when asked "I'm just joshing with you".

That's literally straight out of an elementary schoolyard.

In general, he tends to control the thread-- telling people what suspicions are appropriate and have merit and which ones don't. He has tried to dissuade people from a Sunfire lynch for a very long time because he doesn't see the case. I don't know, I've been getting the heebie jeebies from him for a while.
dunya
Turnip Head
Rachel Green
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Rachel Green »

Ok, thanks for the reply.
Nicol Bolas
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 113
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Nicol Bolas »

happy easter mah dudes

listen i gotta agree w/ spiral that rasputins been actin large and n charge lately and its been buggin me out as well. on top of that im really @ a x-roads as to who i shud be trustin the peeps who say exodus was mystique or the ones who say it was domino. the last lynch was described by sum as pivotal well tbh im now more lost than ever lol and so its weird 4 me to see so many people actin like they know what the fucks goin on........... in short i really have no idea what im doin for 5.2
Paul Stevens
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 67

Post by Paul Stevens »

I see that we seem to be split, perhaps not down the middle but definitely divided at this point, which is both disconcerting (since it can get confusing) and yet oddly reassuring, as there doesn't seem to be too much of a chance of those mass, panicky lynches that we had in the first couple of days. I still don't really know who to trust, so TBH I'll probably keep my vote the same since at least I'm sure Professor X is on my side. I have until tomorrow to change my mind, though, and I welcome a good, convincing argument otherwise :)

I'm not sure why people are all of a sudden saying that Mikhail is dominating or bullying on the thread. Personally, I see that he's remained rather consistent in his posting and the way he states his opinions; I don't necessarily agree with everything, but I also don't see anything particularly more "wrong" with his approach. AND he definitely explains himself better than some people on the thread; those who pop in, say their vote with little to no explanation, then disappear until the next lynch are a lot more suspicious in my book. Just sayin'.
Paul Stevens
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Paul Stevens »

Also, now that I have my ID, I've been thinking about what on earth they mean. Anyone got any further thoughts on this? I've been wracking my brain all day and playing with numbers...to no avail. :wall:
Ned Flanders
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 265

Post by Ned Flanders »

For me, steering is giving very strong reactions to opinions expressed by others that are not in sync with ones own. So I have to agree that I think Rasputin could be steering. People with tentative theories or opinions tend to be cowed by steering, and drop them. Which is one way to control a thread, make people feel foolish or off base about their opinions.

And people are just saying what they felt; one person was brave enough to say it, now others are stepping up and saying they felt it too. I don't think we're divided all that much, really. What makes you say that?
Assault
Gunther
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 294

Post by Gunther »

The Vision wrote:Well, when three people say they were silenced but one of them voted, its kinda easy to see which way the wind blows...

Does anyone have a good reason as to why I shouldn't vote Sunfire?
You definitely have a good reason to vote Sunfire. Mikhail Rasputin is worthy of lynching as well.
Gunther
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Gunther »

White Queen wrote:For me, steering is giving very strong reactions to opinions expressed by others that are not in sync with ones own. So I have to agree that I think Rasputin could be steering. People with tentative theories or opinions tend to be cowed by steering, and drop them. Which is one way to control a thread, make people feel foolish or off base about their opinions.

And people are just saying what they felt; one person was brave enough to say it, now others are stepping up and saying they felt it too. I don't think we're divided all that much, really. What makes you say that?
Agreed about Rasputin. He refuses to even acknowledge that some of the arguments being presented are logical while playing up ideas that are not logical.

I found it quite odd that when I made my post about wanting to lynch Shadowcat before Domino because I figured Domino was Mystique, that he immediately responded with the "Omg is there any doubt now that Havok, Vision, and WQ are baddies?" that was a paraphrase of course. He totally backs the idea that all the "info" was totally legit, but when someone disagrees he basically laughs at them and says they must be bad for not blindly following these "info drops"?

I would rather lynch Mikhail Rasputin today, but I also support the Sunfire lynch.
Paul Stevens
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Paul Stevens »

Arghhhh had a draft saved but I suppose I was wrong...Let me try to remember what I had to say.
White Queen wrote:For me, steering is giving very strong reactions to opinions expressed by others that are not in sync with ones own. So I have to agree that I think Rasputin could be steering. People with tentative theories or opinions tend to be cowed by steering, and drop them. Which is one way to control a thread, make people feel foolish or off base about their opinions.

Fair enough, I see your point. I still say it's not really out of sync with the way he's been playing throughout the game, but I can see where you're coming from. And I totally have no problem with people stating their opinion about something like that - I just did the same by disagreeing with it, so I have no room to criticize :)

Looking back at the posts since the end of the last lynch, it doesn't seem to be divided as much as I thought, so I suppose a thanks is in order for encouraging me to look back at what I've been reading. So far, I make the following observations:

Vision, White Queen, Havok, Spiral, Avalanche, and Vision seem to be somewhat on board with each other, if at least not accusing each other. Sunfire and Rasputin seem to be on another side (or, at least Rasputin is defending/not going against Sunfire). Dunno if Sunfire is actually on board with him. I know Rasputin's been against Shaw for quite some time now, and others seem to be agreeing but not up for a lynch just yet. And I can't really put others who are less vocal (Marrow, Cable, Bastion, etc.) into a camp, but I've already said what I think about the lack of communication from them.

I'm not sure when I'm going to return (yay after Easter shopping!), but just in case I'm not back by the deadline (and so I avoid a last-minute vote with no explanation), I'm going with Sunfire for now. At the risk of not repeating myself, I'm not going to repeat what I've posted the last few times about this vote, unless one is desperate to hear my opinion again. I'll add that pretending to be silenced AND voting seems a little more than odd. Why not just NOT pretend to be silenced and throw away the whole charade, and just say you were being quiet? Fishy. If I'm back before then and I see a reason to change my mind, I'll consider it.
2 Stupid Dogs
Sockpuppet Account

Post by 2 Stupid Dogs »

Phoenix wrote:
Vision, White Queen, Havok, Spiral, Avalanche, and Vision seem to be somewhat on board with each other, if at least not accusing each other. Sunfire and Rasputin seem to be on another side (or, at least Rasputin is defending/not going against Sunfire). Dunno if Sunfire is actually on board with him. I know Rasputin's been against Shaw for quite some time now, and others seem to be agreeing but not up for a lynch just yet. And I can't really put others who are less vocal (Marrow, Cable, Bastion, etc.) into a camp, but I've already said what I think about the lack of communication from them.
Phoenix, I think that first sentence is very unfair considering I have gotten into a spat with every single one of those players.
dunya
Turnip Head
Rachel Green
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Rachel Green »

I agree with most of what Phoenix said, though I've noted your point Spiral about you having spats with the others who were named. Anyway, the vote and the saying he was silenced convinced me that Sunfire is not playing a civ game so I'm going to go ahead and vote for him now.
2 Stupid Dogs
Sockpuppet Account

Post by 2 Stupid Dogs »

I voted for Sunfire.
dunya
Turnip Head
Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 107

Post by Young Lady »

Hey! Sorry about my recent absence. Family, Easter and all that jazz.

I've only scanned the posts I've missed, but noticed people tend to believe Domino was in fact Mistique, SC included, can someone explain why? I still personally think it was Exodus. :shrug:

I've also noticed that Rasputin is now being questioned. I agree there's a possibility that he could be steering, but one thing does not add up here: from what I've understood, he had been targeted by Apocalypse and survived. I do not see any baddie role that can survive a night kill, unless his survival has to do with the poll he'd won. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

I think Sunfire is a good choice for today.
Supervisor
Operator
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 229

Post by Operator »

Again, I feel it necessary to reiterate: if people are saying that I'm steering the thread and being bullish and that's all in the context of the game, I'm fine with that. I'm (for me) unusually confident in my opinions right now, and I have seen a lot of behavior this game that strikes me as poor use of logic with intent to mislead civs. When I see that, I will say so.

However, if at any point anyone thinks my play crosses the line into abusive or disrespectful behavior, I ask that you contact myself or MP so we can work it out. That would be the absolute worst thing I could do, and it is certainly not my intention to diminish anyone's enjoyment of the game.

Just want to make sure this is clear before saying anything else.
Spiral wrote:

Hmmmm, I think I've heard the phrase used somewhere before...Oh right, Havok said it! And White Queen agrees. Like magic. Couldn't be a party line, could it?
White Queen wrote:
The Vision wrote:
Mikhail Rasputin wrote:
Havok wrote:LOL. I figured that was the case. That's why I wanted to lynch Shadowcat first.
Soooooo.....anyone else utterly, 100% convinced that The Vision, White Queen, and Havok are all bad now? Mojo, Sunfire?

Sorry, is that sarcasm? I honestly can't tell. 5 :|
LOL yeah, right?
It is not. I had been feeling more and more nervous about The Vision, especially how concerned he is with getting all the numbers just so for lynches. It's something someone VERY worried about Magneto's power would do, but also, I think, something Magneto's teammates would do. You'll recall, he was the first to bring up Magneto and to try to direct votes, supposedly in order to make Magneto have less effect on lynches. I think he's been using this as a cover to make sure the right people get lynched.

I also think that the results of the last lynch make it pretty clear that you and Havok are on his side, and are confident of winning because you know you'll have a numbers advantage on the civs if another lynch or two go your way. You've all been extremely comfortable backing each other up since yesterday, and you all pushed very hard for a Domino lynch.

Frankly, the silencing thing with Sunfire is a little weird. However, someone (I think White Queen) has been asking for days how talk keep getting directed away from him; I think the better question is how it keeps getting directed onto him. He could be bad (or, in my mind, more likely indy), but I think the fact that so many people have suspected him for so long with ABSOLUTELY NO CASE (until today, anyway), in a game with a 7-person baddie team, is indicative of something.
Havok wrote:
I found it quite odd that when I made my post about wanting to lynch Shadowcat before Domino because I figured Domino was Mystique, that he immediately responded with the "Omg is there any doubt now that Havok, Vision, and WQ are baddies?" that was a paraphrase of course. He totally backs the idea that all the "info" was totally legit, but when someone disagrees he basically laughs at them and says they must be bad for not blindly following these "info drops"?

I would rather lynch Mikhail Rasputin today, but I also support the Sunfire lynch.
I actually made that post after Domino flipped civ, not after your post.

And, as I said to you in an earlier post, I have never taken any stance at all on whether the info was legitimate. I also have never said that questioning the info was a bad idea; I think a healthy dose of skepticism is a good thing. I do think, however, that the past few days have made your and some others' positions abundantly clear.

For the third time, lying about YOUR intentions is all part of the game; lying about what I say or when I say it is rude.
Management
2 Stupid Dogs
Sockpuppet Account

Post by 2 Stupid Dogs »

Mikhail Rasputin wrote:

Again, I feel it necessary to reiterate: if people are saying that I'm steering the thread and being bullish and that's all in the context of the game, I'm fine with that. I'm (for me) unusually confident in my opinions right now, and I have seen a lot of behavior this game that strikes me as poor use of logic with intent to mislead civs. When I see that, I will say so.

However, if at any point anyone thinks my play crosses the line into abusive or disrespectful behavior, I ask that you contact myself or MP so we can work it out. That would be the absolute worst thing I could do, and it is certainly not my intention to diminish anyone's enjoyment of the game.

Just want to make sure this is clear before saying anything else.
Spiral wrote:

Hmmmm, I think I've heard the phrase used somewhere before...Oh right, Havok said it! And White Queen agrees. Like magic. Couldn't be a party line, could it?
White Queen wrote:
The Vision wrote:
Mikhail Rasputin wrote:

Sorry, is that sarcasm? I honestly can't tell. 5 :|
LOL yeah, right?
It is not. I had been feeling more and more nervous about The Vision, especially how concerned he is with getting all the numbers just so for lynches. It's something someone VERY worried about Magneto's power would do, but also, I think, something Magneto's teammates would do. You'll recall, he was the first to bring up Magneto and to try to direct votes, supposedly in order to make Magneto have less effect on lynches. I think he's been using this as a cover to make sure the right people get lynched.

I also think that the results of the last lynch make it pretty clear that you and Havok are on his side, and are confident of winning because you know you'll have a numbers advantage on the civs if another lynch or two go your way. You've all been extremely comfortable backing each other up since yesterday, and you all pushed very hard for a Domino lynch.

Frankly, the silencing thing with Sunfire is a little weird. However, someone (I think White Queen) has been asking for days how talk keep getting directed away from him; I think the better question is how it keeps getting directed onto him. He could be bad (or, in my mind, more likely indy), but I think the fact that so many people have suspected him for so long with ABSOLUTELY NO CASE (until today, anyway), in a game with a 7-person baddie team, is indicative of something.
Havok wrote:

And, as I said to you in an earlier post, I have never taken any stance at all on whether the info was legitimate. I also have never said that questioning the info was a bad idea; I think a healthy dose of skepticism is a good thing. I do think, however, that the past few days have made your and some others' positions abundantly clear.

For the third time, lying about YOUR intentions is all part of the game; lying about what I say or when I say it is rude.
Everyone who disagrees with you, according to you, is bad.
You disregard everyone that doesn't tote your line.
You use your "civvie-cred" to bully people into voting certain ways. People in this game are definitely scared to speak out against you.
This sounds like the exact definition of a bully.

I am not personally offended by it, but I am suspicious of it. I guess that makes me bad though. Lynch me, Mikhail. Do it. You won't. See what it gets you.
dunya
Turnip Head
Rachel Green
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Rachel Green »

Spiral, how do you know people in this game are afraid to speak out against Mikhail? How would you know that and he not?
Operator
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Operator »

I will be voting for White Queen, the Vision, or Havok today, whichever I think is most likely to be lynched.

I think lynching Sunfire today is a mistake. He might be indy, and the indy roles are powerful this game, but there are still so many baddies out there that we need them gone to have a shot to win. I already think there are a number of civ votes on him, and I'm asking you guys to reconsider. Are you really comfortable voting the same way as the other players who are voting for Sunfire?

Avalanche, Phoenix, Longshot, and Hawkeye, if you have any doubts about this lynch or about the players I'm mentioning, I'd love to talk it over.

Linki: Again, from an out-of-game context, I'm concerned on a personal level that you feel "scared" is an appropriate word. I'm dead serious; if you or anyone else feel personally intimidated, threatened, or belittled, I would like nothing better than to talk it out privately and make sure that we can all enjoy the game peacefully.

I will also say that my intention has been to attack players' positions, not their character. If at any point I have failed in that, I am truly sorry and will do whatever I can to make it right. To be honest, Spiral, your repeated accusations that I am a bully are coming off to me more as an attack of my character than my positions in the game. If you're saying that because you feel defensive because of how I have interacted with you so far, I can understand that. I can't take back anything I've said, but I can promise to be more respectful in the future. If that's the case, again, please talk to me or MP about it in private.

If you really haven't been offended by anything I've said, I feel you may be overstating quite how much I am in control of the thread and our discussions, and I am a bit wounded that you feel the need to attack my character or style of play. I ask that you refrain from doing so in the future.

From an in-game perspective: personally, I disagree with your point of view. I do not think that I have called everyone who disagrees with me bad. I'll reiterate: I've seen positions being taken that seem unjustifiable or untenable to me, and yes, when that happens I will say so, and I will suspect people who do it, especially if the position is one that could hurt the civs.

I'm flattered that you think I'm powerful enough to lynch you myself. I'm not, and as I said before, I think we have at least 3 better candidates to lynch before thinking about you.

Do you find anything weird about how often you, Havok, White Queen, and The Vision have been in agreement lately? Because if you aren't all bad together, I think it's probably the oddest thing I've ever seen in mafia, and I've played INH's games.
Management
Operator
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Operator »

Double Linki: I am not aware of any instance where anyone has felt unable to speak their mind in-thread. To me that's the foundation of good mafia and of good friendships, and I hope we all have both. I have disagreed quite strongly with some expressed opinions, and as long as I do not belittle people, it is my right to do so. I hope that my vociferous hunt for baddies has not prevented anyone from speaking their mind in-thread. I do hope that, through discussion, we can weed out explanations of events that are very unlikely, and that we can find baddies by looking for people who espouse such explanations.
Management
NurseWilgy
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 38

Post by NurseWilgy »

I know I am out of the game, but from an out of game perspective, I keep feeling offended everyone is calling Rasputin a bully. I think it needs to be brought to Epignosis attention because I hate game bullying and it is being taken too far. Reading all of his posts from an outside game stand point, I don't see anything bullying about them regardless of his team affiliation. People are taking it way too offensively and out of context. Now, carry on peeps please.
nutellaphant wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image

@NurseWilgy don't post any more k
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
JamminJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertusernamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Operator
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Operator »

That's all I'm going to say on that, unless it becomes a bigger issue later. Please be aware that, unless I hear something via PM or from MP, I will assume that I have not personally offended anyone and will continue to play as I have. So if I have made the game less enjoyable for you or hurt your feelings, now is the best time to say so. I will not take anything like that personally or be angry at anyone for bringing it up, so if you do have an issue with me, please take it to a place where we can work together to resolve it.
Management
2 Stupid Dogs
Sockpuppet Account

Post by 2 Stupid Dogs »

Mikhail Rasputin wrote:I will be voting for White Queen, the Vision, or Havok today, whichever I think is most likely to be lynched.

I think lynching Sunfire today is a mistake. He might be indy, and the indy roles are powerful this game, but there are still so many baddies out there that we need them gone to have a shot to win. I already think there are a number of civ votes on him, and I'm asking you guys to reconsider. Are you really comfortable voting the same way as the other players who are voting for Sunfire?

Avalanche, Phoenix, Longshot, and Hawkeye, if you have any doubts about this lynch or about the players I'm mentioning, I'd love to talk it over.

Linki: Again, from an out-of-game context, I'm concerned on a personal level that you feel "scared" is an appropriate word. I'm dead serious; if you or anyone else feel personally intimidated, threatened, or belittled, I would like nothing better than to talk it out privately and make sure that we can all enjoy the game peacefully.

I will also say that my intention has been to attack players' positions, not their character. If at any point I have failed in that, I am truly sorry and will do whatever I can to make it right. To be honest, Spiral, your repeated accusations that I am a bully are coming off to me more as an attack of my character than my positions in the game. If you're saying that because you feel defensive because of how I have interacted with you so far, I can understand that. I can't take back anything I've said, but I can promise to be more respectful in the future. If that's the case, again, please talk to me or MP about it in private.

If you really haven't been offended by anything I've said, I feel you may be overstating quite how much I am in control of the thread and our discussions, and I am a bit wounded that you feel the need to attack my character or style of play. I ask that you refrain from doing so in the future.

From an in-game perspective: personally, I disagree with your point of view. I do not think that I have called everyone who disagrees with me bad. I'll reiterate: I've seen positions being taken that seem unjustifiable or untenable to me, and yes, when that happens I will say so, and I will suspect people who do it, especially if the position is one that could hurt the civs.

I'm flattered that you think I'm powerful enough to lynch you myself. I'm not, and as I said before, I think we have at least 3 better candidates to lynch before thinking about you.

Do you find anything weird about how often you, Havok, White Queen, and The Vision have been in agreement lately? Because if you aren't all bad together, I think it's probably the oddest thing I've ever seen in mafia, and I've played INH's games.
I am not attacking your character at all. I mean to say you have dominated the thread: and truth be told, I feel if anyone crosses you, they're sure to die. I'm not personally scared, but I am scared for my life in the game. If that got misconstrued, I apologize. I mean to say that you have exerted a great deal of influence lately.

Do you find anything weird about how often you, Domino, Shadowcat, and Sunfire have been in agreement lately? Because if you aren't all bad together, I think it's probably the oddest thing I've ever seen in mafia, and I've played INH's games.

See how that worked? You generalized everyone who disagrees with you to put them in an "other" category. This category is to be feared by others and lynched-- else the baddies win.

Like I said, Rasputin, please, by all means, lynch me.

LINKI-- I have never seen this kind of reaction to the word "bully". We used to throw it around all the time. I simply mean you seem to be putting everyone you disagree with into a box, and that box is to be smashed with a hammer. That is just how you seem to be playing the game. It does not personally offend me. I simply think it's not a civilian tactic.
dunya
Turnip Head
2 Stupid Dogs
Sockpuppet Account

Post by 2 Stupid Dogs »

Longshot wrote:Spiral, how do you know people in this game are afraid to speak out against Mikhail? How would you know that and he not?
I can't imagine I was the only one who thought I'd be crucified if I said anything against him.
dunya
Turnip Head
Operator
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Operator »

Spiral wrote: I am not attacking your character at all. I mean to say you have dominated the thread: and truth be told, I feel if anyone crosses you, they're sure to die. I'm not personally scared, but I am scared for my life in the game. If that got misconstrued, I apologize. I mean to say that you have exerted a great deal of influence lately.

Do you find anything weird about how often you, Domino, Shadowcat, and Sunfire have been in agreement lately? Because if you aren't all bad together, I think it's probably the oddest thing I've ever seen in mafia, and I've played INH's games.

See how that worked? You generalized everyone who disagrees with you to put them in an "other" category. This category is to be feared by others and lynched-- else the baddies win.

Like I said, Rasputin, please, by all means, lynch me.

LINKI-- I have never seen this kind of reaction to the word "bully". We used to throw it around all the time. I simply mean you seem to be putting everyone you disagree with into a box, and that box is to be smashed with a hammer. That is just how you seem to be playing the game. It does not personally offend me. I simply think it's not a civilian tactic.
Ok, glad we're on the same page, then. I wanted to make very sure, because, as I said, I think it would be the worst thing I could do in a mafia game to hurt feelings outside the context of the game. Maybe bully is a sensitive word for me, because I have been a victim of bullying irl, and it was the worst years of my life by far. Anyway, back to game stuff:

I think it's weird that you think people who cross me are sure to die. To be honest, I've been frustrated in this game because I think NO ONE I've thought should die has done so. :p So we'll have to agree to disagree there.

I actually didn't agree with Domino at all. I love you to quote where I did. I also never took a position on Shadowcat's info. Again, if you can quote it, please do. Sunfire hasn't talked in 3 days, so if I've agreed with him I'm a sorcerer.

As for putting others in an "other" category to b smashed: That would be a horrible thing to do in real life. In mafia, however, it's startlingly appropriate. There are (ignoring indies) two factions, both trying to smash each other with a hammer. The other faction ACTUALLY IS to be feared and lynched, or else the baddies will win! So yes, you got me: I'm playing mafia. I don't see how any other behavior on my part would be civilian, actually.
Management
Operator
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Operator »

But my question before was serious, and I would love a serious answer. Are you uncomfortable about how in-sync you are with some other players? Does that normally happen to you in mafia?

I'm asking because it has never happened to me as a civ. Maybe your experience is different than mine. But does it seem unusual?
Management
Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 194

Post by Jack Shephard »

Ok, I am back.

Time to catch up and figure out what the hell is going on. :confused:
Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account

Re: X-Men [Night 4]

Post by Jack Shephard »

The Vision wrote:
Havok wrote:I'm not sure tbh. Do you not think that Shadowcat might be Domino's team mate?
I haven't changed my mind about SC, I think I just want to sit back and let this day play out a bit. Instead of trying to plan stuff, I think we should be free of manipulation here, so let's see what people have to say.
Let's all sit back and see what people have to say. This doesn't really work, unless this comment was directed at Havok specifically.
2 Stupid Dogs
Sockpuppet Account

Post by 2 Stupid Dogs »

Rasputin, I have experienced a little bit of everything in mafia. I don't see it as a bloc, and if it is one, then I am accidentally a part of it.

Again, I have also disagreed with all of these players at one time or another.

And also again, it's fine to disagree with people, however, thinking everyone who disagrees with you is mafia-- typically-- is not a good civilian strategy. Civillians disagree all the time. They also can agree.
dunya
Turnip Head
Operator
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Operator »

Ok, fair enough. I freely admit, I believe I was hoodwinked by players in this game before agreeing with me (eg White Queen). It could happen again. I never claimed to know everything. I do still think I'm right to think those three are bad, though.
Management
Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Jack Shephard »

Spiral wrote:
White Queen wrote:There are only 2 silencers, so someone is lying :)

And tbh, I don't know why anyone is afraid of what Avalanche says. I have to reread him, I don't really recall much of what he has said...?
Obviously Sunfire because he voted. :)
I was willing to believe him, but now that I see two other players also claimed being silenced...

I don't know why Sunfire would make such a claim. How can you even get away with that? Though I do recall someone else being misinformed about being silenced, but Sunfire never said so this time.
Gunther
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Gunther »

Mikhail Rasputin wrote:
Havok wrote:

You haven't taken a stance on whether or not the info drops were legitimate? I would very much disagree with you. The very basis of your game theories are that the info was legitimate. Why else would you say here that "Domino flipped civ"? Domino did not flip civ, she flipped "gambit". We got two Gambit lynches in a row, so it's obvious that either Exodus or Domino was the real Gambit and the other was Mystique. For you to be so sure that Domino was actually Gambit, you would have to take the info drops into consideration in a very major way.

And I am not "lying" on you Rasputin. That last sentence just sounds desperate to me.

Return to “Previous Jobs”