X-Men [ENDGAME]

Moderator: Community Team

Would you like 24 hour Day phases?

Yes
46%
No
8%
Jonas Graymalkin (The Host, the Non, the Dead)
46%

Total votes: 13
Ned Flanders
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 265

Re: X-Men [Day 5.2]

Post by Ned Flanders »

I have to agree, Rasputin has been dogging Havok for no real reason I can see. I have no idea of his role, or anyone elses for that matter, but I have seen nothing overtly bad about Havok, but Sunfires scrambly post about "Civvies might lie about being silenced" in the same post as he tried to imply that perhaps three people might be silenced because there are secrets ping ponged the living hell out of me. Srsly.

Which is it, Sunny?

If i could vote for him again, I would :)
Assault
Gunther
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 294

Post by Gunther »

Polaris wrote:
Havok wrote:I'm okay with being lynched today. Go ahead and do it.
I might entertain the idea. What do you expect us to learn from it?
Probably nothing. I'm sure I would be dismissed as just a misguided civvie.
Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 194

Post by Jack Shephard »

Shadowcat wrote:
Mikhail Rasputin wrote: SC, it makes some sense to me that you would suspect Havok despite thinking Domino was Mystique. I'm just surprised, and curious to hear more about your reasoning if you have time.
Gladly.

With Domino role-claiming Gambit, and how she handled Sunfire, plus the way Exodus ended up defending himself against me when I went after him so hard, it all makes me feel like I was wrong about Exodus and that Domino was Mystique. And while the odds aren't very likely, I could see a scenario where Sabertooth's NK got redirected and he targeted a teammate in Dazzler. I feel like it's the only explanation for everything that's happened lately.
The only problem with this possibility is the fact we have to assume you are good, an idea that I just realized we've lost in the shuffle of today. Between you, Exodus, and Dazzler being good, Dazzler is the one I'd be most certain of.
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 188

Post by Epignosis »

T-minutes 17 minutes and counting.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Gunther
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Gunther »

I agree that Dazzler is likely good. I've always thought the idea that Dazzler was really a baddie and that the kill was just some crazy misdirection happenstance was very odd. There is a lot more pointing towards Dazzler being Archangel than a brotherhood member. I'm not sure how people made the leap that because she was targeted by 2 killers that somehow made her more likely to be bad?
Chuck
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 53

Post by Chuck »

15 minutes to switch your vote and save your fellow civ. :D
Celeste
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 129

Post by Celeste »

Polaris wrote:
Shadowcat wrote:
Mikhail Rasputin wrote: SC, it makes some sense to me that you would suspect Havok despite thinking Domino was Mystique. I'm just surprised, and curious to hear more about your reasoning if you have time.
Gladly.

With Domino role-claiming Gambit, and how she handled Sunfire, plus the way Exodus ended up defending himself against me when I went after him so hard, it all makes me feel like I was wrong about Exodus and that Domino was Mystique. And while the odds aren't very likely, I could see a scenario where Sabertooth's NK got redirected and he targeted a teammate in Dazzler. I feel like it's the only explanation for everything that's happened lately.
The only problem with this possibility is the fact we have to assume you are good, an idea that I just realized we've lost in the shuffle of today. Between you, Exodus, and Dazzler being good, Dazzler is the one I'd be most certain of.
If I'm good and convince others to go along with Mikhail's idea, we might have a chance to pull off a win. If I'm bad and convince others to go along with Mikhail's idea, I probably deceive you all long enough for the baddies to gain a majority in numbers and end up controlling the rest of the lynches to cruise to a win. So I guess it comes down to picking a side you feel best about and going for it.

@Havok: If Archangel removes someone from the poll on Night 5, would your feelings about Dazzler change?
Operator
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 229

Post by Operator »

Banshee wrote:it just... seems too distant, if that makes sense. i mean.... it could be possible if domino were mystique, and she specifically role hinted as gambit after exodus's lynch knowing she would be able to show up as gambit if lynched, i guess that much makes sense, but her posts while she was on the lynching block seem authentic to me and.... it just seems to me like to go through such an elaborate setup just to fakeclaim and give domino and shadowcat an alibi doesn't seem like it would be worth it based on all the very specific circumstances required, especially when domino hadn't really been under a lot of suspicion before that, the only benefit gained by a dominystique taking this action would have been the ability to fakeclaim and possibly avoid attention for a while, at the risk of actually gaining a ton of attention suddenly instead, but since domino wasn't gaining a lot of attention anyways, the main positive gained would have been things which take place post death... which are normally not very strategic things to aim for because they require dying to be actually effective.

who do you think should be lynched Mikhail?
This is what I mean. Domino's gain from claiming to be Gambit just to die seems so hypothetical and unlikely, it makes me think she likely was the real Gambit. I think Havok is the best choice among the people I suspect. I also think White Queen, The Vision, and possibly Spiral are worth looking at. Shaw may be as well, though not for any reasons linking him to them.

Unfortunately, there are 19 players alive and Sunfire has 10 votes. So without some switching, all this is a moot point.

Wait, but Havok, if Dazzler is good, you're saying SC and Domino made up the entire thing together, which strikes me as just as unlikely. I've heard of gutsy baddies, but the possible benefit of putting suspicion on people 2-3 days down the line is not worth getting a teammate lynched, even if a civ goes down as well, especially if the other teammate in on it would be getting these :eye: too. I just can't buy the theory that a baddie team would be desperate enough to do that when we hadn't found a single one of them and weren't even on their trail.
Management
Operator
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Operator »

Shadowcat wrote: If I'm good and convince others to go along with Mikhail's idea, we might have a chance to pull off a win. If I'm bad and convince others to go along with Mikhail's idea, I probably deceive you all long enough for the baddies to gain a majority in numbers and end up controlling the rest of the lynches to cruise to a win. So I guess it comes down to picking a side you feel best about and going for it.
Some people said this a few days ago and I thought it was exaggeration. Now I think it's actually close to the truth. Stakes are high.
Management
Celeste
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Celeste »

Alright. I've waited long enough as it is. I'm going to go for Havok as well.

Linki: Exactly. If this isn't the pivotal lynch, I don't know what is.
Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Jack Shephard »

Shadowcat wrote:
Polaris wrote:
Shadowcat wrote:
Gladly.

If I'm good and convince others to go along with Mikhail's idea, we might have a chance to pull off a win. If I'm bad and convince others to go along with Mikhail's idea, I probably deceive you all long enough for the baddies to gain a majority in numbers and end up controlling the rest of the lynches to cruise to a win. So I guess it comes down to picking a side you feel best about and going for it.

@Havok: If Archangel removes someone from the poll on Night 5, would your feelings about Dazzler change?
Well I'm putting a vote on you for now. Tbh, I'm just as worried about the indies as I am about the baddies. Especially the Sentinels, who could possibly have a vote power of 5 and rising.
Rachel Green
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 137

Post by Rachel Green »

I'll take the risk too.
Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Jack Shephard »

^I take it back, it looks like we have a chance at lynching Havok, so my vote's going there.
Celeste
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Celeste »

Polaris wrote:
Shadowcat wrote:
Polaris wrote:
Shadowcat wrote:
Gladly.

Well I'm putting a vote on you for now. Tbh, I'm just as worried about the indies as I am about the baddies. Especially the Sentinels, who could possibly have a vote power of 5 and rising.
"You must do what you feel is right, of course..."

Celeste
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Celeste »

EBWOP: Wow. That was a quick turn-around. I feel a heck of a lot better about this lynch now. There's still a chance!
Golf
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 57

Post by Golf »

I went with havok. I feel really out of the loop with this game as I've been really busy the past few days so I'm hoping I made the right choice here :ponder:
Fractal
sprityo
Celeste
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Celeste »

Mojo wrote:I went with havok. I feel really out of the loop with this game as I've been really busy the past few days so I'm hoping I made the right choice here :ponder:
I'm hoping you did too. That we all did.
Paul Stevens
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 67

Post by Paul Stevens »

Ugh, what's bugging me about voting Sunfire is that other people voting Sunfire have been pinging me lately in different ways. However, I suppose since the majority is voting for Sunfire, that would be the way of things, wouldn't it? I don't suspect Havok enough to vote for lynching him today. Sorry, Mikhail. I do value your thoughts, as I do others who put forth and explain their ideas.

@Marrow, I know you're on your phone, but your voting pattern for this game has been suspicious to me (coming in last minute and voting with nary an explanation as to why you choose who you do). I know I've been somewhat guilty of this at times, but I haven't heard much from you since Day 0. Care to elaborate/respond when you're on a more reliable source? I'd also like to see more explanation from Mr. Shaw (and the silent voters, on a day when no one is silenced), as I know others would, too.
Paul Stevens
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Paul Stevens »

Well, "silent voters" is not the proper term. "Silent players" I suppose would be better.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Re: X-Men [POLLS]

Post by Epignosis »

Destroy a participant_

Poll ended at Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:37 pm

Avalanche
No votes

Banshee
No votes

Bastion
No votes

Cable
Sebastian Shaw (4)
6%

Deadpool
No votes

Havok
Mikhail Rasputin (12), Sunfire (13), Shadowcat (15), Polaris (16), Longshot (17), Mojo (18)
33%

Hawkeye
No votes

Longshot
No votes

Marrow
No votes

Mikhail Rasputin
No votes

Mojo
No votes

Phoenix
No votes

Polaris
No votes

Sebastian Shaw
No votes

Shadowcat
No votes

Spiral
No votes

Sunfire
Avalanche (3), The Vision (5), White Queen (6), Phoenix (7), Spiral (8), Hawkeye (9), Havok (10), Banshee (11), Marrow (14)
50%

The Vision
No votes

White Queen
No votes

Tar Baby (The Host, the Non, the Dead)
Epignosis (1), Exodus (2)
11%

Total votes : 18
Chuck
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Chuck »

Thank you to those who tried.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Like a Thief in the Day

On the surface of New York City, Sunfire heard a shout coming from an alleyway.

“Get away from me!”

On investigating, Sunfire found a pair of homeless people in a scuffle. The woman involved, her whiskers soaked with cheap scotch, kept pulling the hair of the man, who winced in pain but would not relinquish his cash.

Sunfire burned the woman and she ran out of the alley.

But the old man had had burns from an injury earlier that day, and his money was scattered on the pavement around him.

“Thank you,” he huffed.

When everyone else saw this, they assumed the worst.

“Crippling an old man for fourteen dollars!”

“You are evil!”

Sunfire has been destroyed. He was Rogue.

Danger Room ID acquired: 018… Scarlet Witch
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

New York City (During the Evacuation)

The city darkened around them. Skyscrapers on fire formed. The damp concrete beneath them became ruined asphalt. Oil drums and empty crates became overturned automobiles and burning debris.

Sentinels clouded the black sky.

Bolivar Trask approached the bewildered party.

“Apocalypse is destroying New York City!” he said. “We need more sentinels to evacuate the citizens. In your opinion, which model is best suited to this task?”

A blazing news van soared overhead and slammed into a bistro.

“Hurry!”

It is now Night 5. You have 23 hours to send in your PMs.
Celeste
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Celeste »

Hmmmmm....why am I not surprised now?
Celeste
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Celeste »

Also, RIP Sunfire! Sorry so many of us (myself included) had thought wrongly of you at some point! :(
Chuck
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Chuck »

Boo!
Paul Stevens
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Paul Stevens »

Dammit!! RIP Sunfire :(
Rachel Green
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 137

Post by Rachel Green »

RIP Sunfire, I wish I'd seen the truth earlier but I'm glad I made the choice I did in the end.
Operator
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Operator »

RIP, Sunny.

Welp, we're boned! We got closer than I thought, anyway. Phoenix, I get your choice, but I wish we'd been able to convince you. Also wish Avalanche had come back and been able to talk. And Marrow....? MIA civs have really hurt us this game.

On the bright side, if we're not horribly outnumbered, hopefully we'll get unanimous votes from civs/indies now, since we know who basically the entire baddie team is.
Management
Joe Who?
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 153
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Joe Who? »

rip sunfire :( this sucks

does anyone who's versed in the xmen stuff know about the different sentinel models?

i wonder if this poll has something to do with the "sentinels" role
Gunther
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Gunther »

Well, I guess you guys have your patsy for the next lynch.
Ned Flanders
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Ned Flanders »

Mikhail Rasputin wrote:RIP, Sunny.

Welp, we're boned! We got closer than I thought, anyway. Phoenix, I get your choice, but I wish we'd been able to convince you. Also wish Avalanche had come back and been able to talk. And Marrow....? MIA civs have really hurt us this game.

On the bright side, if we're not horribly outnumbered, hopefully we'll get unanimous votes from civs/indies now, since we know who basically the entire baddie team is.
LOL, this is bullshit. For all we know, Sunfire was Mystique.

And why are you so concerned with Indies?
Assault
Ned Flanders
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Ned Flanders »

Also voted H for obvious reasons :)
Assault
Gunther
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Gunther »

I'm not going to sit and continue to plead like I have the last couple of days. It's exhausting and useless. The baddies have a stranglehold on things, and it's impossible to argue my case with 6 baddies in the thread against me and seemingly a lot of civvies not invested in the game. I'm just going to sit back and let things play out. Lynch me tomorrow if you want to continue to let the brotherhood dominate the game. Lynch Shadowcat or Rapsputin if you want a chance at winning. I'm not a baddie. I'm an X-Man. A truly dedicated X-Man. Professor X, if you are out there, target me tonight with a guess on an X-Man. Together perhaps we can lead the team back from the brink. Otherwise, it's been fun and maybe after my role is revealed people will realize that I've been doing nothing trying to root out bad guys.
Operator
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Operator »

White Queen wrote:

Wow! Strong words, for someone who's been very careful with words (and friendly) all game. Sunfire could be Mystique, except that we already lynched Mystique.

And I'm not overly concerned with indies, I just think we need their votes to be able to lynch baddies, and I know they should be very concerned about the Brotherhood.
Management
Ned Flanders
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Ned Flanders »

I think either you are seriously misguided or you are bad. One of the two.

And I have been very careful. I have reason to be.
Assault
Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Jack Shephard »

White Queen wrote:

Two roles have flipped Gambit and you're proposing Sunfire could have been Mystique? I hope that was sarcasm.

Mikhail isn't the only one who's expressed worry of the indies, as I have also said something.
Celeste
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Celeste »

White Queen wrote:

I'm sorry, but we've had TWO people get lynched and appear as Mystique. I'm pretty sure Mystique is dead.
Celeste
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Celeste »

White Queen wrote:I think either you are seriously misguided or you are bad. One of the two.

Baddies tend to be the ones who need to be more careful. ;)
Celeste
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Celeste »

Shadowcat wrote:
White Queen wrote:I think either you are seriously misguided or you are bad. One of the two.

Of course, this also makes me feel like it's possible the baddies know/think they have this game in the bag, and are going to start being a bit more bold.

I don't hear a fat lady singing quite yet is all I can say.
Ned Flanders
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Ned Flanders »

Shadowcat wrote:
Shadowcat wrote:

Of course, this also makes me feel like it's possible the baddies know/think they have this game in the bag, and are going to start being a bit more bold.

Seriously?? You think that? I think civvies also need to be careful. This is one HELL of a provocative statement from someone whose opinion I have supported in the past. You don't think civvies have reasons to be careful?
Assault
Celeste
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Celeste »

White Queen wrote:
Shadowcat wrote:
Shadowcat wrote:

Seriously?? You think that? I think civvies also need to be careful. This is one HELL of a provocative statement from someone whose opinion I have supported in the past. You don't think civvies have reasons to be careful?
They do. I just happen to think there's a good chance you're bad, and I'm trying to be optimistic in the face of crushing realism. Everyone's allowed to dream, right?
Ned Flanders
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Ned Flanders »

Why exactly do you think that?
Assault
Joe Who?
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Joe Who? »

White Queen wrote:Also voted H for obvious reasons :)
Obvious why? Why H?

Because "H" is for Havok?
Ned Flanders
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Ned Flanders »

No, H is the 8th option on the poll.

Good try, though :D
Assault
Gunther
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Gunther »

Oh yes my evil plan is working out brilliantly, everyone.
Snapshot
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 191

Post by Snapshot »

WTF? That's absolutely not what I expected from this lynch.

I've got to do a complete rethink on this game. I officially trust no one.
Reporting
Lunatella
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 48

Post by Lunatella »

:sigh:
Lunalee
nutella
Joe Who?
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Joe Who? »

But wait... why 8?

nevermind. are the eltters for this poll just random or are they actually related to the xmen canon?
Snapshot
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 191

Post by Snapshot »

I dont remember anything about letters, I will randomize.
Reporting

Return to “Previous Jobs”