U-Pick Anything Volume 2 Game Thread (Day 4 )

Moderator: Community Team

Who will it be now?

Poll ended at Sat Aug 15, 2020 10:03 pm

Apogee
No votes
beeboy
No votes
cayvie
8%
DaisyCloud
No votes
DDL
No votes
Justplayingitcool
8%
Long Con
No votes
sabie12
No votes
Sprityo
8%
Non-players
75%

Total votes: 12
tedxtr
:wiz:
Posts in topic: 174
Location: some place where people retire from normals (maybe)
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Re: U-Pick Anything Volume 2 Game Thread (Day 1)

Post by tedxtr »

Hank wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 3:11 am
cayvie wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:57 am
Hank wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:55 am I THOUGHT THIS WAS AMERICA
why'd you pick poison?
This disease is just eating me up! I hate my illness!
Was my scumread from earlier when I went to bed and I just wanna see the flip honestly. Also Poison thought ma boy Nanook was awkward, like how vague is that.
Cleeeeeeeeeeeem. I’ve never been able to say this before, but… I love you son. Auggghhh. Auggghhhhhhhhhhhh.
Thinking this is villagery
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImage
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

I'm going to re-read Poison just to make sure I wasn't town reading her off dumb stuff but gth rn I lean town
ImageImageImageImage
jumpluff
The Mark
Posts in topic: 407
Preferred Pronouns: They/them/theirs

Post by jumpluff »

BUNNY GIF DISTRIBUTION

Thank you all for participating in the Bun to Heads read exercise!

There aren't any secret wolf reads buried in here, although I did actually comment on how it went. At the time, I think thread was fairly, though obviously not completely, pure. But mostly, I just wanted to reward people for participating, and relax after my appointment. So don't read it unless you're REALLY interested. But have a look at yours, and let me know if I missed you!

[mention]Hyena[/mention] [mention]PunchyTheCat[/mention] [mention]Adam_[/mention] [mention]NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME[/mention] [mention]DaisyCloud[/mention] [mention]MartinGG99[/mention] [mention]SilverKeith[/mention] [mention]nutella[/mention] [mention]ThisIsNotAceMarvel[/mention] [mention]sabie12[/mention] pls don't be mad at me for pinging you for this lmao
Hyena wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:13 pm
jumpluff wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:10 pm ok im gonna run a lil exercise we do on my home forum if there's anyone currently in the thread

i call it BTH or Bun to Head reads

how it works is, answer these 2 questions.

1) if you had a pet rabbit, which player in this mash would you name it after?
2) is that player town? you have 3 possible responses to this question: YES, NO, BUNBUN

this is a serious exercise and i will be reading most of this game according to responses
1. nutella, with a lowercase n
2. YES

An eager and ready bun, with an appreciation for the tastier things in life. Knows what it wants.
Very interactive during the BUNBUN session, and even commenting on other participants! We note that even though this bunny is extremely focused on the banana, it has an alert and flexible focus.
We award Hyena 24/7 BUNBUN points. Of course, since all BUNs are 24/7, quantifying any extra BUNBUN points is impossible, but we are acknowledging that they have been earned with this Rabbit of Approval: 🐰
PunchyTheCat wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:17 pm
jumpluff wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:10 pm ok im gonna run a lil exercise we do on my home forum if there's anyone currently in the thread

2) is that player town? you have 3 possible responses to this question: YES, NO, BUNBUN

this is a serious exercise and i will be reading most of this game according to responses
PunchyTheCat
YES

An enthusiastic and unorthodox response, with a reflexively egocentric nature. Drawn to the certainty of one's own perspective, which is perhaps to be commended when considering the fate of a bun.
Hyena correctly called this out as lazy, but it was a quick, natural, and unserious response, very in character, and somewhat consistent with the strength of Punchy's previously expressed reads. Hyena and Ace would have been fine names as well, but we think this is just Punchy being Punchy, and he would probably not try to ingratiate himself here. Lightly TOWN.
We award Punchy 24/7 BUNBUN points.
Adam_ wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:18 pm

punchythecat
yes

(only 1 jumpluff allowed)

An affectionate and cooperative bun, aware of its role (to solve Punchy) and ready to prove itself (to me). An unsurprising but appreciated response.
Quick and natural response. Consistent with his approach to his rabbit's namesake - a good prognosis for bun ownership. Having talked to Adam a decent amount about PunchyTheCat reads since Anni, we are inclined to respect it. Since he and Punchy both submitted the same name, perhaps the fates have aligned with this v/v rand.
We award Adam 24/7 BUNBUN points. Treat your catbun well! (Buncat?)
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:20 pm

I would name it Nanook, because I’m a narcissist

BUNBUN

A self-aware yet playful bun, unafraid to be the first purely frivolous responder. As my mason, he knows the most important quality is, of course, BUNBUN.
Self-evidently town. The self-BUNBUN is characteristic. We respect the style.
We award NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME 24/7 BUNBUN points.
DaisyCloud wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:20 pm
jumpluff wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:17 pm
DaisyCloud wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:13 pm

does BUNBUN mean null?
it merely and completely means BUNBUN

it is a simple expression, and yet encompasses much; it is neither YES nor NO, but it is something much greater

oh okay thank you.

1. Maple. I think it's a good cute name for my pet rabbit.

2. BUNBUN

A thoughtful and pure bun, concerned only with the welfare of her pet rabbit. We should all aspire to be like DaisyCloud.
Tried her best to answer my question, which she took pretty seriously. An interesting look, but one that from DaisyCloud is certainly good. As a sidenote, I think DaisyCloud would be a really excellent name for a rabbit.
We award DaisyCloud 24/7 BUNBUN points and a Rabbit of Approval: 🐰
Marcher Jovian wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:20 pm

Hank
YES

A contemplative and considerate bun, bringing the spice and doing their best to bring others into the conversation. The most interesting response so far, even ignoring the thunderdome.
We do not claim to know the rationale behind this pick, but struggle to find a bad motivation behind using this as an opportunity to slap down an affirmative town read on a fairly UTR person. I would actually love to know why Marcher picked Hank, but it's a good name.
We award Marcher Jovian 24/7 BUNBUN points, and thank them for lending their name to our bun, who is helping me judge.
MartinGG99 wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:22 pm

1) Apogee
2) YES (if not then BUNBUN)

from my PoV Apogee would be a good bunny name out of the selection here

A hedgey and maybe skittish bun, again with a non-consensus pick. Curiously, Apogee himself is a bit sceptical of early Apogee reads.
We see here that perhaps cautious overexplaining may be part of Martin's style. We wonder why their PoV makes Apogee a good bunny name, although we enjoy it, but we will not prod at it. It seems that they are new, also, and were a bit intimidated by the sheer bunnitude of the thread. So we are inclined to relent, as fellow hedgers (well, one of us is a fellow hedger; my pet bunny just eats them). We hope that Martin will feel more confident in the thread regardless.
We cautiously award MartinGG99 24/7 BUNBUN points, and thank them for going along with this despite their distrust of the BUNBUN BLOC.
sheepsaysmeep wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:23 pm sheepsaysmeep is a great name for a bunny
This is technically a reply, but it is not a BUN TO HEAD READ. Therefore, no bunny gif assignation will be done, which is a shame as I like sheep.
Oh, and we agree sheepsaysmeep is a fantastic name for a bunny.
At least say 'YES' or 'BUNBUN' like Nanook and Punchy :P What a dubious response.

We will address Trustworthy Liberal in a later post, but know that you are gone but not forgotten, 3p but still BUNBUN.
SilverKeith wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:29 pm

¿Cuál es la lógica/propósito de este ejercicio? Me interesa.
See sheepsaysmeep. However, as SilverKeith was actually re-enacting his role in the original BUN TO HEAD exercise here, which I failed to notice until he pointed it out to me for messing up my RP, we do not penalise this, but embrace it joyfully as an organic response.

A perceptive and humorous viscacha. Contributing great enjoyment to this game for me personally.
Maybe NAI really, but it feels good. Of course, I am confbiasing because I think SilverKeith is a villager regardless. There is, at least, an absence of wolfiness in the response. He was probably surprised to see anybody pasting that post into the game, so there is a wit to it. Also, he was unironically kinda solvy in the way he responded to the fact that I failed to react as cayvie did here.
We award SilverKeith 24/7 BUNBUN points, and a 🥕 Delicious Treat.
nutella wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:33 pm

I kinda did this back on page 1 but jumpluff and yes

A kind-hearted LOCK BUNBUN, eager to forge connections with rabbitkind. Generous and unselfconscious.
jumpluff, of course, would be a lovely and fluffy name for a bunny.
Also, nutella is like my favourite person ever for remembering BUN TO HEAD READS and even asked Jackofhearts2005 to do them before I ever made this post. That's like the purest flavour-inspired mindmeld ever.
We award nutella 24/7 BUNBUN points, and a 🥕 Delicious Treat.
ThisIsNotAceMarvel wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:36 pm

You, because Jumpluff have 3 giant cotton puffs, just like a fluffy bunny.
I will say BUNBUN, because it sounds joyous. :)

EXTRA:
It will be like this bunny

A dedicated and sweet BUNBUN, who shares our appreciation for lops. 'Joyous' is the aura we would describe this village as possessing at the time, and this bun fit in it perfectly.
This is a very characteristic response, with extremely Ace reasoning that I found delightful immediately (because, wow, Jumpluff is a total bunny Pokémon). To me, Ace feels just like Anni, but without all the stress and overwhelmingness. So, like their Anni earlygame, somewhat.
I'd say I was pocketed by it, but I don't feel manipulated by it. My pet rabbit likes Ace immediately.
Also note that he calls me BUNBUN because it sounds joyous and doesn't say YES, so it's even better really.
Time taken to respond is even tempered by the effort here.
We award Ace Marvel 24/7 BUNBUN points, and a 🐰 Rabbit of Joy.
sabie12 wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:39 pm

Daisycloud sounds like a fluffy bun name I guess and yes.
Hm!

An inscrutable and laconic bun, drawn readily to the pure and fluffy.
I can't really describe the response I had to this post, sadly (my bunny disapproves). We were both amused that I had been thinking about what a good bun name DaisyCloud was and here we are. DaisyCloud was being villagery at the time, we think. And to me, they were an obvious villager. But others perceived them with great suspicion. That just might make sabie smart!
Perhaps there is dissonance between picking DaisyCloud for being a fluffy bun name and the tone of this post? It is all minute, and pales in the comparison to the respect shown for buns here by sabie's excellent choice. We appreciate the cooperation with our conversation starter.
We award sabie22 24/7 BUNBUN points.
jumpluff
The Mark

Post by jumpluff »

I wouldn't be surprised if this thunderdome is v/v, unfortunately. Might come down to picking between claims, and Hank presumably just used his role. I did just get trolled by a wolf-aligned reusable strongmanning gladiator-vig, but so did Mac.

Poison obviously a really unlucky pick.
jumpluff
The Mark

Post by jumpluff »

Insomnia, towny isos:
Hyena
Thisisnotacemarvel
DaisyCloud (think she's towny regardless because of her shot, but I independently had her village off meta/general play)
nutella

I have Adam as a villager, including for personal reasons, and as a result, PunchyTheCat

I think Dragon D. Luffy is a villager because of their role and other behaviour except randing their ITA, and if you ISO'd them you could verify their spec chat thoughts are real, but understand if you don't wanna think about that role
jumpluff
The Mark

Post by jumpluff »

Buns gotta nom but feel free to sugget ISOs back

tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

Yeah so I don't think Poison cares this much about this particular game in order to have that number of posts

also she has her typical "how can someone think that" ideas and great tone in a player list that's relatively stacked - don't think she can handle her tone yet and it never failed me

plus the way she's handling the conflict rn is very townie for her

I'll still sit on Hank because I had some early doubts about his posts and although the one I quoted was villagery - I don't think that on balance it should outweigh the way I've felt about his earlier contributions

he could still be town which would really suck but I'm not voting Poison over him and recommend you don't vote Poison either - I have yet to be wrong about her
ImageImageImageImage
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

jumpluff wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 4:53 am Insomnia, towny isos:
Hyena
Thisisnotacemarvel
DaisyCloud (think she's towny regardless because of her shot, but I independently had her village off meta/general play)
nutella

I have Adam as a villager, including for personal reasons, and as a result, PunchyTheCat

I think Dragon D. Luffy is a villager because of their role and other behaviour except randing their ITA, and if you ISO'd them you could verify their spec chat thoughts are real, but understand if you don't wanna think about that role
Was moreso looking for people with <50 posts , it's the most I'm willing to do until we start culling slots so this game becomes a little bit more knowledgeable
ImageImageImageImage
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

that's meant to say manageable not knowledgeable
ImageImageImageImage
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

can somebody talk about sheep?

I've been purposely playing to what meta warriors call my town meta so I could skate for a lot of days for selfish reasons and the fact that he's sitting on my wagon is a bad look
ImageImageImageImage
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

sheepsaysmeep wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:41 am tetxdtr (or whatever the order of the letters is) is tonally bad from iso

for him specifically

based nothing on the actual content of the posts for which i have no context
how'd you know who I was here?
ImageImageImageImage
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

sheepsaysmeep wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 11:11 am i do not intend on sorting any of the players with isos longer than a page
how did you end up reading me - default is 25ppp and by the time you got here I had like at least 60 posts

what posts didn't you "tonally" like?
ImageImageImageImage
jumpluff
The Mark

Post by jumpluff »

tedxtr wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 4:56 am
jumpluff wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 4:53 am Insomnia, towny isos:
Hyena
Thisisnotacemarvel
nutella

Was moreso looking for people with <50 posts , it's the most I'm willing to do until we start culling slots so this game becomes a little bit more knowledgeable
Ahhh

Towny:
WerewolfHunter
sprityo (RPing a lot tho so you might not find anything towny in it)
Logic (? I'm not a Logic reader tbh but it's alignment-indicative and I think villagery)

Unsure:
MartinGG99 (think this one i svery readable)

Catch-up crew (low sample-size):
DrWilgy
colonialbomb
TenThousandCalories

Wolfy:
speedchuck?
Epignosis (lurking, purely gifs)
Sloonei

No read, alignment-indicative ISOs, but low poster/want thoughts:
Iwan
AWESOME-O
sheepsaysmeep
sabie12

1 and 0 posters, including them since I noticed them:
Jackofhearts2005 (0), ColinIsCool (0), Shizune (1-poster)
beeboy hasn't posted since D0 but has posts.
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

sheepsaysmeep wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 11:13 am i think i recall poison vastly preferring villaging to wolfing

so she's probably villa here just from like the 5 total minutes ive been in thread
at least this is a good look
ImageImageImageImage
Poison
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 283
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/cookies
Aka: Cookie In The Woods

Post by Poison »

Yo *burps*

Is [mention]Hank[/mention] back yet? What the hell is that?

Also, I get a weird feeling he might actually be town tbh. And I don't want to claim to get myself cleared. Claiming is basically suicide either way. I'll watch Hank first.

What kind of alignment can have this fighting ability, can anyone please tell me that?
XTMF wrote:Yo Poison, you are fucking dying.
jumpluff
The Mark

Post by jumpluff »

tedxtr wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 5:01 am can somebody talk about sheep?

I've been purposely playing to what meta warriors call my town meta so I could skate for a lot of days for selfish reasons and the fact that he's sitting on my wagon is a bad look
Awkward, seems to be an unspoken not-town read by a lot of people so far

Seems to be self-aware of it, posting about meta reversion and so forth :S

I'll do a more meaningful look when I'm not eating, but acknowledging the x-post
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

Poison Chan wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 5:04 am Yo *burps*

Is @Hank back yet? What the hell is that?

Also, I get a weird feeling he might actually be town tbh. And I don't want to claim to get myself cleared. Claiming is basically suicide either way. I'll watch Hank first.

What kind of alignment can have this fighting ability, can anyone please tell me that?
If Mac stole the idea from anni it could be scum as well, but think you're reading it wrong if you're reading him for his role only

the way he went about it is ~okay
ImageImageImageImage
jumpluff
The Mark

Post by jumpluff »

I mean, I'm pretty much never voting you, especially after ted's post, because I am that sure on you, but afaik people are fairly divided on you.

If you get a chance to look at people who have been voting/talking about you as wolfy I still think that would be a good thing for you to do
Poison
Loan Shark

Post by Poison »

tedxtr wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 5:06 am

If Mac stole the idea from anni it could be scum as well, but think you're reading it wrong if you're reading him for his role only

the way he went about it is ~okay
Well I need to iso him first for I do not remember talking to him or about him... Idk when did he get so attached to me. Smh.
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

Actually don't even think it's a good look - he's talking about Poison preferring villaging over wolfing and he appears to be town reading her off posting while he was in thread?
ImageImageImageImage
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

Think that's some TMI there
ImageImageImageImage
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

Yeah - he seems rather awkward and he still has yet to address why he scum read me given that I've explicitly been playing to what MUers would consider my top town meta and putting my own fun aside in order to get to live and solve the game because there's so many of them in here

many of them aren't voting me - and a lot of them have more experience with me than he has.

[VOTE: Sheepsaysmeep ] aubergine for now looks like a good placeholder

will scour some low posting isos and then going to drink or something
ImageImageImageImage
Hank
Posts in topic: 15

Post by Hank »

Reason for poison is nothing more than a bad vibe during earlier today and i wanna create some content.

If you are town ty for your service officer
Poison
Loan Shark

Post by Poison »

So, Hank made 11 posts in total.
-enters
-talks to nanook and says he knows manti and some other player here.

(is manti playing with a different name?)

This is his first non fluff post. Which has nanook and ted as town and me as scum with reasons.
Hank wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:31 am Im trying to catch up with the posts but so far i have

Learning town: Tedxtr and nanookg
leaning scummy: Poision Chan

Ted bc of activity and alertness and nanook for being ma homeboy. HELL YAS!
Thought posions chans post #700 just tried to seem towny by claimning not to ITA and call nanook awkward.
I don't mind being in the list up there tbh, you can have me scum or others town based on one post. But uh- using the fighting thing without actually interacting or goinign deeper into the topic with your scum read is something I didn't like. I would not have liked it if you had chosen anyone else in the same manner.
Hank wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:01 am ALRIGHT CHILDREN
I just woke up and had a dream. In the dream I took the reigns of this shit show and somehow got town back on track for glorious victory. I have no choice but to throw down the GAAAUNTLET

Hey Poison Chan, what are ya gunna do about it HUH? Maybe insted of being here fooling town there’s plenty of other interesting things you can do. Have you ever tried marijuana? Maybe it’s time. Ya know.

Don't worry fellas this ain't ma first rodeo YEEEHAAAAW.
This makes me realise that [mention]Hank[/mention] has not read anything else and sticks to only the part he posted before. And hence he is scum reading me for doubting and calling nanook awkward!?
why'd you pick poison?
Was my scumread from earlier when I went to bed and I just wanna see the flip honestly. Also Poison thought ma boy Nanook was awkward, like how vague is that.
Cleeeeeeeeeeeem. I’ve never been able to say this before, but… I love you son. Auggghhh. Auggghhhhhhhhhhhh.
It was a very bad play no matter what alignment you are. Tbh I thought you might have read and contributed while I was away but that is definitely not the case.
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

sprityo -

weird opener
sprityo wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 2:46 am
Trustworthy Liberal wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 2:43 am
jumpluff wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 2:42 am TL is using a Megumin avatar and someone else is using a Nagito avatar

Gonna have to feed my bunny more carrots so we can spot the difference
Thats why am not using Nagito if its to close i can try to make it something easier to notice.
I’ll just add actual nagito sprites to my posts

Sounds like a great idea right @Jackofhearts2005 ?

(Jack just beat DR2 recently if I’m not mistaken)
this post seemed rather awkward in tone - also failing to understand why he couldn't have just clarified the jack thing if he got asked about it later on :wiz:

I've seen the huge list and can't make anything out of it

the reasons he scum read me are pretty meh in nature but the way he went about it was fine

what I don't get is if he thinks jpic is also mafia - why doesn't he have a case for him and why does my post look bad if it's arguing that jpic is mafia? don't see how the wheels move behind that claim. [mention]sprityo[/mention]

====================

overall it's like a faint town lean but I wouldn't put it past him to be able to manufacture those stats, think he looks a tad bit better for his push on me although I have some slight issues with it that need explaining
ImageImageImageImage
Hank

Post by Hank »

Poison Chan wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 5:23 am So, Hank made 11 posts in total.
-enters

This is his first non fluff post. Which has nanook and ted as town and me as scum with reasons.
Hank wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:31 am Im trying to catch up with the posts but so far i have

Thought posions chans post #700 just tried to seem towny by claimning not to ITA and call nanook awkward.
I don't mind being in the list up there tbh, you can have me scum or others town based on one post. But uh- using the fighting thing without actually interacting or goinign deeper into the topic with your scum read is something I didn't like. I would not have liked it if you had chosen anyone else in the same manner.
I just woke up and had a dream. In the dream I took the reigns of this shit show and somehow got town back on track for glorious victory. I have no choice but to throw down the GAAAUNTLET

Hey Poison Chan, what are ya gunna do about it HUH? Maybe insted of being here fooling town there’s plenty of other interesting things you can do. Have you ever tried marijuana? Maybe it’s time. Ya know.

This makes me realise that @Hank has not read anything else and sticks to only the part he posted before. And hence he is scum reading me for doubting and calling nanook awkward!?
why'd you pick poison?
It was a very bad play no matter what alignment you are. Tbh I thought you might have read and contributed while I was away but that is definitely not the case.
Yea, it is an angry and unforgiving Economy. To repent we must stop frivolous spending! Instead of paying for cable, let us watch clouds! Instead of buying clothes, wear but sheets from thine beds! Cut spending to only the bare essentials! Water and bread and margaritas, yea.
Poison
Loan Shark

Post by Poison »

[mention]sprityo[/mention] why am I first in your town list... Did you even talk to me!? Also did you make those yandere characters on your own?
Poison
Loan Shark

Post by Poison »

Hank wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 5:29 am
Poison Chan wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 5:23 am So, Hank made 11 posts in total.
-enters

This makes me realise that @Hank has not read anything else and sticks to only the part he posted before. And hence he is scum reading me for doubting and calling nanook awkward!?
why'd you pick poison?
Yea, it is an angry and unforgiving Economy. To repent we must stop frivolous spending! Instead of paying for cable, let us watch clouds! Instead of buying clothes, wear but sheets from thine beds! Cut spending to only the bare essentials! Water and bread and margaritas, yea.
:shrug: I did not understand a single thing in this post.
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

I question why Hank would choose Poison as his tunnel target especially based on that reasoning

feel like as a wolf he'd much rather develop more on it / look for reactions from other people towards poison (how people feel about her)

also, tunneling one of the top posters with such weak reasoning when you're also a low poster is just counterintuitive for a wolf
ImageImageImageImage
jumpluff
The Mark

Post by jumpluff »

tedxtr wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 5:32 am I question why Hank would choose Poison as his tunnel target especially based on that reasoning

feel like as a wolf he'd much rather develop more on it / look for reactions from other people towards poison (how people feel about her)

also, tunneling one of the top posters with such weak reasoning when you're also a low poster is just counterintuitive for a wolf
Yes, I don't think a remotely active wolf chat would have signed off on this either and it doesn't really feel like he's trying to get her killed.
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

this is a really wacky duel
ImageImageImageImage
Poison
Loan Shark

Post by Poison »

tedxtr wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 5:32 am I question why Hank would choose Poison as his tunnel target especially based on that reasoning

Am I a top poster OwO. How do you check post numbers here?
Poison
Loan Shark

Post by Poison »

jumpluff wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 5:33 am

Yes, I don't think a remotely active wolf chat would have signed off on this either and it doesn't really feel like he's trying to get her killed.
True tbh. But he made really bad decisions.
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

you look at your avi on the left and it says "posts in topic" and you have like 200.
ImageImageImageImage
Poison
Loan Shark

Post by Poison »

tedxtr wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 5:33 am this is a really wacky duel
I wanted to play this game!!!! Causeee Tsukkkii as a role.....!! I can't see him dying in a duel!!? He strongggg :puppy: he tall :puppy: he blocked that ball :puppy:
Poison
Loan Shark

Post by Poison »

tedxtr wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 5:37 am you look at your avi on the left and it says "posts in topic" and you have like 200.
Ahh thanks.
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

I've read Logic and can't say I disagree with anyone pushing there - felt like he had a terrible reaction to sprit giving him cliffs.

I'd actually expect him to be more engaged as town here ; so the sprit thing may have been for show in order to have something to be read off of

What I did notice was his tone though - I feel like there's some difference to his tone, but I'm not confident in that enough to defend them. The one game I've wolfed with them in was in some anon mountainous and he read like very outed wolf there for the most part ; in here it just reads as an irked villager to me.

think activity levels for him as well as what he does in that time frame is a better way to read him than tone because I've always read him wrongly on tone ; but if somebody claims to have a god level of read on him like GH does than you can weigh in
ImageImageImageImage
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

Like, usually I wolf read Logic when he's town on tone

but in recent games he kind of shifted that tone to the point where it feels like it's not really AI anymore and is doing a whole shtick depending on his mood or something, hope that makes sense
ImageImageImageImage
Poison
Loan Shark

Post by Poison »

PunchyTheCat wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:55 pm ITA2 Spicy Shots
Urist - Rej - [/color]HIT, Town Doctor/Vig thing (cool role)
Poison - Timsup2nothin - MISS
iaafr - motel room - HIT, Town Odd Night Somewhat Guilty Vigilante
WerewolfHunter - Xalt - MISS
MartinGG99 - Exalt - HIT, Town Role Cop?
DaisyCloud - funnygirl55 - HIT, Mafia Mikey Sub Out Traveller Thing
Marcher Jovian - sprityo - MISS
Long Con - NANOOK - Refunded/failed
jumpluff - Long Con - MISS
SilverKeith - Ephemeral - MISS
Adam - AWESOME-O - MISS

there's 5+ wolves in this
Ok so this. Urist was bad to randomly shoot rej out of nowhere will iso him then Martin maybe.

[mention]jumpluff[/mention] why long con?

Also I would like to iso Adam later.
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

I expected that there would've been a lot more people here that I could talk with but it appears like I am always drawing the loser ticket w/r/t time zones

Bottom line, from today's reads :

{jumpluff, Poison}
{Nanook}

huge disproportionate gap

{sprityo}
===============
{Logic} - actually think he fits better in here, the null slot ; would prefer if he posted more before leaning him one way or the other
===============
{sheep} - low wolf lean
ImageImageImageImage
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

will be back later if we have itas so i can click buttons
ImageImageImageImage
Poison
Loan Shark

Post by Poison »

Urist is scummy tbh.

His early scum reads were iaafr and me in one post and he hits rej from idk where. His posts are ehhh and he is scummy.

[mention]Urist[/mention] hey talk to me. Hi. Tell me why you are a town. And what are your reads?
jumpluff
The Mark

Post by jumpluff »

Poison Chan wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 5:45 am
PunchyTheCat wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:55 pm ITA2 Spicy Shots
Adam - AWESOME-O - MISS

there's 5+ wolves in this
Ok so this. Urist was bad to randomly shoot rej out of nowhere will iso him then Martin maybe.

@jumpluff why long con?

Also I would like to iso Adam later.
I tend to turbomode ITAs. Half the list of people I posted to look at flipped villager, so I was kinda panicking. Long Con showed up, posted a thing I find villagery (telling us not to shoot - is villagery generally for ITA newbies) in a wolfy way (generally pretty consistently berating the thread and not contributing), then shot at NANOOK to 'test the stump' (wolves tend to take terrible shots and supply bad reasoning for it). Tilted and took the shot. I had a pre-existing mild wolf lean on him due to his weird flip-flop on iaafr in D0 then popout.

After I reread ITAs to compile the shots, I decided my initial gutfeel (villager) was more correct, particularly because one reason I readily shot at Long Con and not at any of the other people I was considering was I didn't like his negativity, whereas I like the people I was considering shooting and therefore feeling guilty about potentially being wrong on. The villagery thing he said was turning on me when I shot him after he shot and saying 'you just wanted someone who couldn't retaliate', which is a very natural reaction.
Poison
Loan Shark

Post by Poison »

I think I'll go look at the rain and then take a nap.
jumpluff
The Mark

Post by jumpluff »

Sorry insomnia, had a long day and chatting with people rn and can't deep ISO and chat at the same time
Hank

Post by Hank »

I am Lorde.
I am just a townie making my way in this world and Poison Chan could also be a townie, I dunno and don't really care I just want flips and to move on to later days were we have more info, best case doe Poison flips mafia and I LITERALLY live to FIGHT ANOTHER DAY! My power is in my fists and I serve up knuckle sandwiches on the daily let me tell ya.

If I win this fight I can look back at this thread with joy. I mean, this was something I made! Something that came from me! That was a part of me! The only thing I ever made that was any good!
jumpluff
The Mark

Post by jumpluff »

I just noticed [mention]Logic[/mention] thought he was talking to Sprityo still when he was replying to xalt. :S

Did you not notice the absence of anime boys?
jumpluff
The Mark

Post by jumpluff »

I actually think that's rather wolfy for Logic. One of the things I've noticed about Logic is attention to detail. Want the thoughts of Logicreaders though as I find him a bit of a puzzle.
Timsup2nothin
Veteran of 1000 Psychic Wars
Posts in topic: 826

Post by Timsup2nothin »

jumpluff wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 4:49 am I wouldn't be surprised if this thunderdome is v/v, unfortunately. Might come down to picking between claims, and Hank presumably just used his role. I did just get trolled by a wolf-aligned reusable strongmanning gladiator-vig, but so did Mac.

Poison obviously a really unlucky pick.
Unfortunately, v/v is possible, but I think w/v is probable. Hank's role has to be forcing, and he had to pick somebody. Obviously, he wants to pick someone he can beat.

Having no way to know vote counts at the time he threw down, but knowing what the count was when I went to bed after ITAs and what it is now...why not pick Ephemeral? Even as a low poster just looking at the poll should have pointed to Ephemeral as the easiest win.

Two theories:
1) Role does not allow him to pick the top wagon, or someone already over X votes, something like that
2) Ephemeral and Hank are both wolves

So with Ephemeral off the table Poison gets chosen because Hank thinks he can win

There is a case to be made against Poison. She has votes on already so he has a head start. Whether he is a villager or a wolf she is a choice that makes sense...but he is not making the available case.

Why not [mention]Hank[/mention] ? Why pick an opponent that looks beatable, but then not work to win? Can you explain that, and more about your role?
ImageImageImageImage
noted "I can't be fucking bothered" aficionado who dual wields the sword of contrarianism in one hand and a hot cheetos family bag in the other
jumpluff
The Mark

Post by jumpluff »

NANOOK claimed immortal/unkillable.
Macdougall randed a D0 neighbourhood that lasts until EoD1 with PunchyTheCat, Apogee, Dragon D. Luffy, 112, Trustworthy Liberal post

ITA1 SHOTS LIST
Dragon D. Luffy - Jackofhearts2005 - MISS
motel room - Justplayingitcool - MISS
TonyStarkPrime - Hyena - MISS
tedxtr - Justplayingitcool - MISS
NANOOK - Ephemeral - MISS
Justplayingitcool - TonyStarkPrime - HIT, Town

Justplayingitcool claimed Jailkeeper. post

Dragon D. Luffy claimed to be able to talk to spec chat through a randomised spec chatter daily Amy 1 Amy 2 post Ranmilia's thoughts carotte's thoughts
112 claimed a persuader (targets a person at night and forces them to vote for another target) here
hollowkatt claims a piercing cop check on Maple, villager post
(at some point before here Trustworthy Liberal claimed survivor)

Trustworthy Liberal dies, Pacifist/Endgame Arsonist 3p thing
Relm dies, Town Fruit Vendor
hollowkatt dies, flip redacted

Maple claims to have received a banana post. Maple claims to be a miller (before HK's cop) post and says NOT TO USE PROTECTIVES ON THEM. There are more complexities, but probably don't use pro-villa stuff on them. (ISO them for more I guess)
Adam claimed to be a strongwiller (makes a night action unroleblockable). post (post)

ITA2 SHOTS LIST
Timsup2nothin - Poison - MISS
Hyena - Sloonei - MISS
Maple - DaisyCloud - MISS
Ephemeral - DaisyCloud - MISS
PunchyTheCat - DaisyCloud - MISS
sheepsaysmeep - cayvie - MISS
xalt - DaisyCloud - MISS
polypies73 - cayvie - MISS
ThisIsNotAceMarvel - DaisyCloud - MISS
112 - Sloonei - MISS
nutella - Sloonei - MISS
Adam - AWESOME-O - MISS

SPRITYO has received +5 additional votes today - Was a joke by Mac
A fight has broken out between Hank and Poison chan! TL;DR On top of the normal 2 elims, whichever has the most votes gets eliminated. Hank initiated it as the gladiator.

PunchyTheCat claimed D3 Innocent Child. post
cavyie claimed to receive a box and a warning not to open it. post and gave it to Nanook here, I am sceptical this worked but including it anyways.
Hank claimed Lorde, reusable(?) gladiator. post

Host Posts including list of people we can't vote. (Sorry, it's too long, Punchy.)
search #chartz

corrections solicited as always, ping me with stuff you want included so i see it as overnight catchup may be ruff
i am not gonna spoiler this btw, use your scroll wheel
remember to go look at the shots in context rather than just looking at the shots and saying people who shoot villagers are wolves

Return to “Previous Jobs”