X-Men [ENDGAME]

Moderator: Community Team

Would you like 24 hour Day phases?

Yes
46%
No
8%
Jonas Graymalkin (The Host, the Non, the Dead)
46%

Total votes: 13
Lunatella
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 48

Re: X-Men [Night 7]

Post by Lunatella »

I picked Elohcin and Bullzeye.

Bullzeye is a cool name.
Lunalee
nutella
Rachel Green
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 137

Post by Rachel Green »

White Queen wrote:
Longshot wrote:But Polaris, it is not common for any of the people on the list of the dead. It is only common to k4j. I understand they use it at mafiascum but we don't have any mafiascum players on the list of the dead. Exodus used the language. Exodus is dead. k4j uses that language. k4j is the only person on tht list that uses that language. Everyone on the list is dead, including k4j. k4j=Exodus.
You don't think that someone could use jargon to fool people in a sock puppet setting? I know i have done so when playing a sock game. It is very possible that K4J is Exodus, but i am not sure why it is so sure that Exodus is the bad Gambit as opposed to the other Gambit.
So that would mean someone adopted the scum, scuminess language AND k4j refrained from using it at all since I didn't see it used by anyone but Exodus. Are you familiar with Occams Razor? Also, I'm not saying just because k4j is Exodus means Exodus is bad. Who votes for him is the tell.
Rachel Green
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Rachel Green »

White Queen wrote:I think Roxy was Scarlet Witch, based on her wording. But I also have an idea who Bullz was, and I very much think he was on the civ side. He was NKed by The Sentinels, and Scarlet was NKed by Psylocke, who probably actually was Psylocke, IMO, not a Seemer.
So you think Bullz was Bastion? Or are you talking about Dazzler who was killed by both Sentinals and Sabretooth? Why do you think this?
Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 107

Post by Young Lady »

Perhaps Apocalypse needs a specific recruit. There was an instance somewhere where Apocalypse resurrects Mystique, Magneto and some other people to fight the Sentinels. Just throwing it out there. It might not be true.

I don't know about you people, but the only one on that list I'm 99% sure is a civilian, is AP.

Observe.

I do miss Bullz's insight though, but with all the weird speculations, I might want to be a bit cautious. For those still wondering: Dat behaviour spelling. ;)

Anyway, I think my votes will most likely go to AP and Bullz.
Supervisor
Rachel Green
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Rachel Green »

Hawkeye wrote:Perhaps Apocalypse needs a specific recruit. There was an instance somewhere where Apocalypse resurrects Mystique, Magneto and some other people to fight the Sentinels. Just throwing it out there. It might not be true.

I don't know about you people, but the only one on that list I'm 99% sure is a civilian, is AP.

Observe.

I do miss Bullz's insight though, but with all the weird speculations, I might want to be a bit cautious. For those still wondering: Dat behaviour spelling. ;)

Anyway, I think my votes will most likely go to AP and Bullz.
I think I agree with AP - not sure of bullz, I may go sorsha. She doesnt have any votes so looks like a safe option. I'll go ahead and vote AP now and continue to think about the bottom selection.
Operator
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 229

Post by Operator »

White Queen wrote:
Mikhail Rasputin wrote:
The Vision wrote:I feel like he and Mikhail and just alpha-maling against each other, frankly.
Haha, this made me do this: :haha: I don't usually think of myself as one to do that, but it seems strangely apt this game.
White Queen wrote:Wow, weird. Um, I think Roxy was Scarlet, and I did not totally trust her. So I am not going there. Why did you pick Boogs, Avalanche?

Based on what I thought about them, I went with Bullzeye & Sorsha. I am surprised one was playing, not the other so much. But I felt OK about both of them.
White Queen wrote:I see that i did misread it; I switched to Bullzeye & K4J. I think K4J will see through the bullshit regardless of affiliation..
This makes no sense. At all. Yes, k4j would clearly see through the bullshit if she were baddie, but she wouldn't tell us lol. And she's clearly Exodus, so that is a very bad move imo. Why even make up such a long-winded and improbable explanation that makes anyone but her Exodus? Occam's Razor. I've said it before and it seems like all say it all game long.
Sorry I don't make sense to you, but I do make total sense to me, and that is all that matters :)

But I am not sure who so many people are confuzzled by the possibility of style disguising. If I were K4J, I would go out of my way to avoid using terminology unique to KSite players. Why do you think he would not do so? Or that others might not use his style to fool others? In other games, I have seen people use SVS's "~" as a disguise, why not the use of the word "scum"? Plus, I am more likely to think that Domino was bad, of the two Gambits, not Exodus.
OCCAM'S RAZOR!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Occam%27s_razor

I swear to you on everything sacred on this Earth, it works.
Management
Gunther
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 294

Post by Gunther »

Exodus used the word scum a lot...more than anyone else, but was not the only person. Sunfire used it quite a few times. Here's one example:
Sunfire wrote:@ Mikhail - I'm sorry you see some of my posts as a bit uncaring. I do care. If you knew me personally you'd know that life circumstances have made me the type of person to say, "it is what it is" and move on to try to do better next time. Day 1 lynches are usually townies. Scum have the advantage early on in the game. They know who their teammates are and who is a townie. Of course there are independents but those are usually very few. Anyway, I am a realist and I don't ever expect to lynch scum on Day 1. This doesn't mean I am one of them.
Hawkeye wrote:I'll try to reply to everyone.

WQ: I was referring to baddies who can survive a night kill. In this game, there aren't any (that we know of). It works the other way around.

Havok: That may be in regards to Cyclops, but based on observation (of course, I could be wrong, I have been so many times in this game I lost count) I think he might have been detected by Xavier. It's not that difficult to find other two X-Men.

Longshot: I have briefly read your case, and honestly, it was just slightly better than SC's case on Exodus, and that has to be one of the weakest cases on someone I've ever read. (no offense, SC). I think Polaris made a similar point. Point 8 is worth taking into consideration. I personally have a hard time trying to figure out who is whose teammate. I am always surprised at the end of a game when the baddie team(s) is(are) revealed, and putting together a team like that surely raises an eyebrow.

Vision: Now that I think of it, I can see why he would vote for Marrow. I haven't looked at voting record, but she barely participates, yet always makes sure to cast a vote. It would be nice if you could use quotes to communicate, V.

Spiral: Thanks, dude, but we shouldn't spread the vote.

I guess it's down to Rasputin and Havok. Honestly, I think we're dealing with two independents here. I don't believe Rasputin is scum because of Night 4. I don't feel comfortable voting for either of them, but I don't want to spread the vote, so it's Havok.

Linki - I'm down for White Queen vote too.
Hawkeye used it more than once.
Operator
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Operator »

Thanks for figuring out who everyone is, people! (Or getting us started, anyway.)

My opinions are more or less confirmed: I think we could really use Elo right now, and I also think Boogs could contribute and is a safe bet. As for NKed people, I'm obviously less sure, but I think Bullz is the safest of the 3.
Management
Gunther
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Gunther »

One thing I don't think that we've discussed is why this 7? There have been 11 players either NKed or lynched in this game, so why are we choosing between only this lot?

5 players have been NKed in this game while 6 players have been lynched. If the top 4 on the poll are the lynched players, I would bet that Exodus and Domino are both represented there. k4j could very well be Exodus like is being discussed. If I had to guess, I would say that Boogs was Domino. Thinking back to Domino's posts, Boogs is a good match IMO. Therefore, I will likely vote for either Elohcin or A Person for the top portion of the poll.

I'm still contemplating the bottom half.
Gunther
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Gunther »

Also, if Boogs was Domino, I think I need to rethink everything that I've put forth in this game so far. It would make so much sense for Domino to be the real Gambit if boogs was the player behind Domino.
Rachel Green
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Rachel Green »

Havok wrote:One thing I don't think that we've discussed is why this 7? There have been 11 players either NKed or lynched in this game, so why are we choosing between only this lot?

5 players have been NKed in this game while 6 players have been lynched. If the top 4 on the poll are the lynched players, I would bet that Exodus and Domino are both represented there. k4j could very well be Exodus like is being discussed. If I had to guess, I would say that Boogs was Domino. Thinking back to Domino's posts, Boogs is a good match IMO. Therefore, I will likely vote for either Elohcin or A Person for the top portion of the poll.

I agree that boogs could easily be Domino. I'm thinking about voting sorsha for the second half of the list because she has not votes but as she has no votes I'm thinking theres no chance for her to win so idk. Circles. :omg: Still thinking.
Snapshot
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 191

Post by Snapshot »

Havok wrote:One thing I don't think that we've discussed is why this 7? There have been 11 players either NKed or lynched in this game, so why are we choosing between only this lot?

I wonder if some of the earlier deadies replaced back in to other roles, and thus are unavailable for rebirth?
Reporting
Operator
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Operator »

Havok wrote:Also, if Boogs was Domino, I think I need to rethink everything that I've put forth in this game so far. It would make so much sense for Domino to be the real Gambit if boogs was the player behind Domino.
That's one of 2 players I have Boogs possibly being, fwiw.
Management
Operator
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Operator »

Went ahead and voted, Boogs and Bullz. I may switch to Sorsha for the NK one, though. And I also support Elo coming back.
Management
Gunther
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Gunther »

Mikhail Rasputin wrote:
Havok wrote:Also, if Boogs was Domino, I think I need to rethink everything that I've put forth in this game so far. It would make so much sense for Domino to be the real Gambit if boogs was the player behind Domino.
That's one of 2 players I have Boogs possibly being, fwiw.
The other one being?
2 Stupid Dogs
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 189

Post by 2 Stupid Dogs »

Longshot wrote: I think I agree with AP - not sure of bullz, I may go sorsha. She doesnt have any votes so looks like a safe option. I'll go ahead and vote AP now and continue to think about the bottom selection.
Why is she safe because she has no votes?
Mikhail Rasputin wrote:
OCCAM'S RAZOR!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Occam%27s_razor

I swear to you on everything sacred on this Earth, it works.
Except when it doesn't.
dunya
Turnip Head
Rachel Green
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Rachel Green »

Spiral wrote:
Longshot wrote: I think I agree with AP - not sure of bullz, I may go sorsha. She doesnt have any votes so looks like a safe option. I'll go ahead and vote AP now and continue to think about the bottom selection.
Yes. No one bad had voted for her.
Gunther
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Gunther »

I went with A Person and Sorsha. The number of Bullzeye votes makes me nervous tbh considering we only know for sure of one Brotherhood member being gone. It wouldn't be too hard to see the remaining baddies trying to pile votes onto a NKed team mate to bring them back. Not saying that's what's going on with Bullzeye, but the number of votes there does make me nervous. I voted for A Person on the top part because I don't want to take a risk in bringing back Mystique. I am starting to lean more towards Domino being Gambit, but I just don't want to risk it. I think A Person could very well be T-Bird, and Forge would be a nice role to have back around.
Celeste
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 129

Post by Celeste »

I caught up last night (being silenced at this point in the game really sucks :(), but was too tired then to post anything. I was busy all day with crime-fighting stuff. It was a lot of information to digest, considering I couldn't comment throughout the day. But if anyone has any questions for me, I will be more than happy to answer them.

Also, as for the poll, I went ahead and voted A Person. I think him being Thunderbird makes the most sense. Still trying to decide on the bottom half. I must have missed it, but do we have any evidence that Sorsha could have been Forge?
Lunatella
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Lunatella »

Hawkeye wrote:I don't know about you people, but the only one on that list I'm 99% sure is a civilian, is AP.

Observe.
He only said four things. First, he picked a random choice. Second, he said something silly. Third, I guess he missed the vote. Fourth, he voted somebody randomly again.

Even if he's good, Thunderbird wasn't very helpful. It looks like he didn't even want to play really.

Maybe the bad guys are voting for A Person because they know he won't try to find them. :mafia:
Lunalee
nutella
Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Young Lady »

Sebastian Shaw wrote:
Hawkeye wrote:I don't know about you people, but the only one on that list I'm 99% sure is a civilian, is AP.

Observe.
He only said four things. First, he picked a random choice. Second, he said something silly. Third, I guess he missed the vote. Fourth, he voted somebody randomly again.

Even if he's good, Thunderbird wasn't very helpful. It looks like he didn't even want to play really.

Maybe the bad guys are voting for A Person because they know he won't try to find them. :mafia:
That is a very good point, Seb. The thing is while I would love to have Eloh, Boogs or K4J back, I would even agree with WQ that he could give the baddies a run for their money if I didn't believe he was actually one of them. Do I know he's actually Mystique? No. It's belief vs. knowledge. From what evidence we have at the moment I'm inclined to believe he was Mystique as Exodus. This does not mean I'm willing to take the risk and bring Domino back who could be either Eloh or Boogs. Bullz on the other hand had been active and offered great insight and from what we know had been targeted by both an independent and the baddies, so that is a risk I'm willing to take. I think this is a balanced choice.
Supervisor
Nicol Bolas
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 113
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Nicol Bolas »

uhhhhh hawkeye how do u know bullz was active and how do u know who targeted him, r u sayin u know bullz was dazzler?!????

and im thinkin elohcin was quiksilver maybe she can help us take out some of these cocky brotherhood mofos
Lunatella
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Lunatella »

Hawkeye wrote:
Sebastian Shaw wrote:

Observe.

That is a very good point, Seb. The thing is while I would love to have Eloh, Boogs or K4J back, I would even agree with WQ that he could give the baddies a run for their money if I didn't believe he was actually one of them. Do I know he's actually Mystique? No. It's belief vs. knowledge. From what evidence we have at the moment I'm inclined to believe he was Mystique as Exodus. This does not mean I'm willing to take the risk and bring Domino back who could be either Eloh or Boogs. Bullz on the other hand had been active and offered great insight and from what we know had been targeted by both an independent and the baddies, so that is a risk I'm willing to take. I think this is a balanced choice.
I don't know these people very well, but if you figured out who Thunderbird was, couldn't you learn who Domino was? It's dangerous to bring back someone who wasn't helping us. :rip:
Lunalee
nutella
Paul Stevens
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 67

Post by Paul Stevens »

I am not going to be much help in this poll, as I know absolutely no one. Yes, I've read the arguments, but to someone who doesn't know these lovely people more closely, it all looks foreign to me. Just about any justification I try to make will be...well, made up.

Sooooo, with that being said...Boogs and Sorsha it is, as the names amuse me the most :P
Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Young Lady »

Deadpool wrote:uhhhhh hawkeye how do u know bullz was active and how do u know who targeted him, r u sayin u know bullz was dazzler?!????

and im thinkin elohcin was quiksilver maybe she can help us take out some of these cocky brotherhood mofos
When you've been playing with some people for a while, you tend to notice their style, like WQ said. There will be some who might try to disguise themselves. I have figured most of you out by now, but I try not to let that affect the way I play, and I hope I'm not the only one. I'm playing with socks, not people. :p However, now we have to choose people, and yeah, I'm almost certain he was Dazzler.
Supervisor
Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Young Lady »

Sebastian Shaw wrote: I don't know these people very well, but if you figured out who Thunderbird was, couldn't you learn who Domino was? It's dangerous to bring back someone who wasn't helping us. :rip:
I could figure most people out, but not all of them, so that is why I made those choices.
Supervisor
Lunatella
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Lunatella »

You get a chance to bring back someone, and you bring back someone who doesn't help. The good guys deserve to lose. :sigh:
Lunalee
nutella
Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Young Lady »

Sebastian Shaw wrote:You get a chance to bring back someone, and you bring back someone who doesn't help. The good guys deserve to lose. :sigh:
I want to bring back someone who I am certain is a civilian, and I'm hoping he'll be responsible enough to help us go after the Brotherhood. Bullz will most definitely be helpful though.
Supervisor
Celeste
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Celeste »

Heck with it. I'm going with Bullzeye for the other option. While I'm not sure about him (especially if he was Dazzler, although I'm starting to think it less likely now), I think he would definitely be someone who would help by contributing to the game and discussions. So he gets my vote.
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 188

Post by Epignosis »

T-minus 15 minutes and counting.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Gunther
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Gunther »

Sebastian Shaw wrote:You get a chance to bring back someone, and you bring back someone who doesn't help. The good guys deserve to lose. :sigh:
No offense, Shaw, but you saying this is kind of funny.
Lunatella
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Lunatella »

I'm trying my best. :(

This person made 4 posts in 2 days. Will he read everything that's been going on? :huh:
Lunalee
nutella
Gunther
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Gunther »

That's a fair point. I just don't want to take the risk of bringing back Mystique.
Operator
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Operator »

Switched my vote to Elo. Just in time, if I read Epi's time stamp right. I think she's more likely to be helpful than AP, as much as I like to have him around.
Management
Operator
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Operator »

Shadowcat wrote:I caught up last night (being silenced at this point in the game really sucks :(), but was too tired then to post anything. I was busy all day with crime-fighting stuff. It was a lot of information to digest, considering I couldn't comment throughout the day. But if anyone has any questions for me, I will be more than happy to answer them.

Also, as for the poll, I went ahead and voted A Person. I think him being Thunderbird makes the most sense. Still trying to decide on the bottom half. I must have missed it, but do we have any evidence that Sorsha could have been Forge?
Also, Shadowcat, Thunderbird was Forge and was lynched. So Sorsha can't be Forge, because Sorsha was in the NK group.
Management
Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 194

Post by Jack Shephard »

I followed suit. Based on what I've read, I don't think bringing an inactive back would help.

My vote was probably too late though.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Re: X-Men [POLLS]

Post by Epignosis »

Select two to be reborn: One from the top section and one from the bottom section.

You may select up to 2 options

A Person
Hawkeye (11), Longshot (13), Havok (20), Shadowcat (23)
13%

Boogs
Avalanche (3), Phoenix (25)
7%

Elohcin
Spiral (7), Sebastian Shaw (9), The Vision (14), Deadpool (24), Mikhail Rasputin (29), Polaris (30)
20%

kneel4justice
White Queen (5)
3%

Gladiator (The Host, the Non, the Dead)
Epignosis (1), Elohcin (16), Bullzeye (22), Boogs (27)
13%

Bullzeye
White Queen (4), Deadpool (6), Sebastian Shaw (10), Hawkeye (12), Mikhail Rasputin (18), Spiral (19), Shadowcat (28)
23%

Roxy
Avalanche (2), Polaris (8)
7%

Sorsha
The Vision (15), Longshot (17), Havok (21), Phoenix (26)
13%

Total votes : 30
Operator
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Operator »

The poll thread says Epi counted it.

You are flummoxing me with these vote changes. :P I think it's nearly impossible Elo was Exodus or Domino, though, so no risk of her being bad.
Management
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Poll is officially closed. I will need some time to put together the post and sort out Night actions. I wasn't able to do it as the PMs came in today.
Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Jack Shephard »

I only voted AP originally because that's the only player I knew in that list. I didn't realize he had a tendency to go inactive though, so I switched.
Celeste
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Celeste »

Mikhail Rasputin wrote:
Shadowcat wrote:I caught up last night (being silenced at this point in the game really sucks :(), but was too tired then to post anything. I was busy all day with crime-fighting stuff. It was a lot of information to digest, considering I couldn't comment throughout the day. But if anyone has any questions for me, I will be more than happy to answer them.

Also, Shadowcat, Thunderbird was Forge and was lynched. So Sorsha can't be Forge, because Sorsha was in the NK group.
Oh, then I must have misread something somewhere. I thought I saw someone mention that it was a possibility, but I might have mixed two things together.

Either way, I feel comfortable with my votes where they are.
Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Jack Shephard »

Changed my mind, I'm voting Gladiator since it doesn't matter anymore. :P
Operator
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Operator »

Polaris wrote:I only voted AP originally because that's the only player I knew in that list. I didn't realize he had a tendency to go inactive though, so I switched.
Yeah, fair enough. I was mostly giving you a hard time. He doesn't really go inactive, per se, he just plays almost as if he were. If that makes any sense.
Shadowcat wrote:
Mikhail Rasputin wrote:

Oh, then I must have misread something somewhere. I thought I saw someone mention that it was a possibility, but I might have mixed two things together.

Either way, I feel comfortable with my votes where they are.
Yeah that's fine, just wanted to make sure there weren't misunderstandings.
Management
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Expect the post around 8pm EST. Thank you for your patience.
Celeste
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Celeste »

Epignosis wrote:Expect the post around 8pm EST. Thank you for your patience.
What is this "patience" you are referring to? And how does one achieve it? :P
Ned Flanders
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 265

Post by Ned Flanders »

I switched my vote to Boogs since he said he was the cutest kitty ever over at RM. Works for me :D
Assault
2 Stupid Dogs
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 189

Post by 2 Stupid Dogs »

Longshot wrote:
Spiral wrote:
Yes. No one bad had voted for her.
What does that mean?
You're one to talk.
Seriously, what the hell have you done to help anyone other than yell, "I told you so" after every lynch?
Sebastian Shaw wrote:I'm trying my best. :(

This person made 4 posts in 2 days. Will he read everything that's been going on? :huh:
You're quite talkative since you almost got lynched.
dunya
Turnip Head
Boogs
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Boogs »

WQ =) Purr purr
Ned Flanders
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 265

Post by Ned Flanders »

I like kitties :)
Assault
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

A Morlock Funeral in Space

“We’re under attack,” cried Lilandra. “We cannot allow this to ruin our test!”

The alien technology bristled with energy, as it attempted to summon the alternate versions of two fallen participants.

“Sentinels!” announced a Shi’ar officer.

As soon as he said this, a powerful blast brought a massive piece of defunct machinery toppling over. The same shockwaves threw Avalanche into its path.

“Tell the Morl-”

But the fallen equipment choked his words.

The Vision felt metallic tendrils wrapping themselves around his ankles. They pulled and dragged him along one of the starship’s strange corridors. Another destructive force mangled a piece of the passageway, and this gave The Vision an opportunity to free himself.

Sensing an opportunity in the chaos to advance The Brotherhood’s agenda, Pyro aimed at Hawkeye. Hawkeye felt the heat surging toward him. He rolled out of the way and readied a strategic arrow. Upon firing, he redirected Pyro’s arm, which shot flames toward the ship’s intruders.

As The Sentinels continued their assault on the starship, two strange new mutants appeared.

The first looked to be a mustached cake.

The second seemed normal, but had a large tattoo on his chest that read, “Demons I get. People are crazy.”

The assault continued. It was time to act.

“Fight!” growled Gladiator to not only his Shi’ar warriors, but to the new arrivals as well.

Avalanche has been killed by The Sentinels.
Elohcin has been brought back.
Bullzeye has been brought back.

It is now Day 8. You have 48 hours to destroy someone.

Return to “Previous Jobs”