64%

Total votes: 14
Carotenoid
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 150
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/herself

Re: Amdibals at the Zoo! [Day 5]

Post by Carotenoid »

Alison what's your experience with Colin? Mac said he was clearly in town meta, do you agree with this statement?
Spoiler: show
ImageImage
Carotenoid
Drug Dealer

Post by Carotenoid »

I just remembered about Proto's slip on day 2.

:ponder:

ahudejkrufhuerje idk. Colin & Nanook are townier than Alison & Proto. Maybe they're not w/w but they're not lock v/v either. Gaaah I should just sleep for real and think about it tomorrow.
ImageImage
Alison
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 246
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by Alison »

Carotenoid wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 2:05 am Alison what's your experience with Colin? Mac said he was clearly in town meta, do you agree with this statement?
I've played with Colin in a couple of games. Agree he is in town meta. I don't have a good sense of his scum range, but his play has been independently townie, he was on the 112 wagon and pushed it firmly over me when he could easily have gone onto me, and, like, basically everything he's done this game is well within his town range. I have absolutely no reason to suspect him.
There's nothing that says a fake can't surpass the real thing.
Alison

Post by Alison »

Since when did proto slip
protocultures
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 125

Post by protocultures »

I'm going to flip carotenoid today for gut reasons. If this flips town, I think I will be voting Alison in F5 for reasons I don't want to explain before F5.

This whole game feels a bit funny to me. Doesn't feel like the other forum games I have played at TS. Can't really explain it.
protocultures
Drug Dealer

Post by protocultures »

I'm going to flip carotenoid today for gut reasons. If this flips town, I think I will be voting Alison in F5 for reasons I don't want to explain before F5.

This whole game feels a bit funny to me. Doesn't feel like the other forum games I have played at TS. Can't really explain it.
protocultures
Drug Dealer

Post by protocultures »

[VOTE: carotenoid] aubergine

Posting my vote for timing reasons
ColinIsCool
Hitman
Posts in topic: 122

Post by ColinIsCool »

I have started work so I will be on my busy schedule pretty much every day of the week for the foreseeable future. On top of that I pinched a nerve in my back yesterday and I am in the worst pain of my life so I am going to a doctor later tonight. @ me if you need anything
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 72

Post by DrWilgy »

Sorry Colin. Feel better buddy.
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Alison

Post by Alison »

ColinIsCool wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 12:23 pm I have started work so I will be on my busy schedule pretty much every day of the week for the foreseeable future. On top of that I pinched a nerve in my back yesterday and I am in the worst pain of my life so I am going to a doctor later tonight. @ me if you need anything
I hope you feel better soon, Colin!

Also do unvote me when you get the chance - I wrote an argument why you should earlier. I think the POE is [Carotte/Wilgy/Ted] today.
Alison

Post by Alison »

DrWilgy wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 4:45 pm Sorry Colin. Feel better buddy.
My POE is you, Carotte and Ted. Do you think the team is Carotte/Ted, or do you think I've falsely cleared someone, and if it's the latter then why?
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Alison wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 11:36 pm
DrWilgy wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 4:45 pm Sorry Colin. Feel better buddy.
My POE is you, Carotte and Ted. Do you think the team is Carotte/Ted, or do you think I've falsely cleared someone, and if it's the latter then why?
Carotte Ted is plausible. I haven't seen anything that would say otherwise.

My POE is Nanook Ted Carotte so ours aligning somewhat makes me more confident. I just don't get why Nanook is cleared.
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 185
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

Broseph said so and he’s a god
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

More importantly he knows me pretty well and we’ve had fairly extensive discussions on theory
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Bed thoughts:
I don't know what to make of the game tempo.

I feel like Ted and Proto are both tempo detractors. Makes me feel there's no w/w there.

Smooth tempo feels are Alison and Carotte. No harsh direction flips, and with the lynch track we are on, they are either complacent civs or scum happy about game state. If Alison is bad Carotte is the teammate.

Colin and Nanook are somewhere in the middle. Not sure.

Like... If Ted isn't bad then it has to be Alison Carotte right?

Linki: I'm pretty sure the first game we played together you slanked into victory lmao. I'll forever be afraid of slanknook.
Image Image Image

I wasn’t slanking i don’t think, I was just matching the thread pace as I recall

That was coronavirus mafia right? Definitely would not classify myself as slanking that game kek

Yeah idk how many were in postgame but I have the most posts in that thread by a wide margin kek
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Really now? Fair then. Guess it was a perception thing.

I just know immediately afterwards I saw a tempo pushing Nanook in Corrupt so that may have impacted how I read you.
Image Image Image
Alison

Post by Alison »

Mac's argument actually makes sense. Why does wolf nanook surrender all his agency to Mac after 112 dies Day 1? Does nanook really think slanking and sheeping Mac is a winning line of play there if he was scum?

nanook scum doesn't make sense to me when I look at it that way. I'm willing to put him in my towncore.
tedxtr
:wiz:
Posts in topic: 113
Location: some place where people retire from normals (maybe)
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by tedxtr »

I think this is pretty self explanatory

[VOTE: Wilgy ] aubergine strongly believe people should vote in between me and Wilgy here and stop pushing wagons that are never going to take off

Take a stance, if you flip me first then flip him afterwards, like I'm not really re-evaluating here.

I've been too sorry for myself the entire game and it's cringe looking back into my ISO ; grab your balls and make a decision, if you make the wrong decision then it's whatever - at least you go into the game with the information that I was town which will help you guys a lot

I realise me taking this thunderdome and pausing the game state is toxic but you really need to take a decision on this once and for all. If you think we're V/V then who are the scum? You aren't progressing the game at all and aren't evaluating properly.

We have been running around in circles for the past 3 day phases, force people to take stances, that's how you win games, not by voting on vanity wagons and not assuming responsibility. Assign responsibility to subsequent votes based on flips.

The game state is not evolving at all, I'm tired of this shit. vote. I am not walking back my wolf read so it's on you guys to see this.

If we're yeeting outside of me and wilgy again and a slot flips town then you have a 50/50 tomorrow that you go into completely unprepared.ACTUALLY, it's not even a 50/50 because I DON'T KNOW WHO YOU GUYS THINK IS TOWN IN THE POE OUT OF ME AND WILGY OR IF YOU EVEN THINK WE'RE BOTH TOWN. My flip says a lot, Wilgy's flip says a lot, if it's v/v then gg to Alison or whoever the scum team is and if it's Alison then lolvillage as usual, we wagonned both scum D1 and let one of them skate until lategame based on pretty much nothing.

Just listen to Mac - I now believe he was right and that's why he ended up being cap'd last night, because he was encouraging me and Wilgy to go at each other. Wilgy's pre-defence of that is wolfy guilty conscious and theatre.

There's no way Mac just dies after he was wrong the entire game and as soon as he switches his reads and asks for WIlgy to die, he's bye bye. Like you can think about it, Wilgy just predefending himself doesn't make this argument less valuable or anything. If Mac was wrong the entire game, why does he die that exact night instead of, idk, say Alison? Or even proto?

Mac switches to Wilgy scum PoE, me PoE (although I can tell he reached a town lean on me - but fair, I know this is gonna get shut down), and he dies after encouraging a thunderdome between me and him today - a thunderdome in which NOBODY ASSUMES RESPONSIBILITY OR IS WEIGHING IN WITH A HARD, CONCLUSIVE OPINION.

That is why Wilgy can just slime ball this and not force it, throw a naked vote and look elsewhere - because you guys are not pressing him further and nobody wants to take a stance between our mutual scum reads on each other.

Well now you have to. Idc about what you end up voting, if Wilgy's town then I'm taking the loss and I am tipping my hat to whoever the scum team ended up being.

I'm rather busy today but I will try and get back before EoD and reply to any questions or stuff.
ImageImageImageImage
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

Wilgy - you and I will have this dance, at last.

Good luck, heard we're being evaluated by a jury afterwards.
ImageImageImageImage
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

also - wishing a speedy recovery to Colin
ImageImageImageImage
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Toxic? yes

Civ minded? Maybe. I was considering posting something along the lines of this last night, but refrained as if we are v/v we are effectively throwing the game and I'm not sure if my read on you is worth the risk at this point. I can't safely say I'll take a yeet to prove my alignment and get you yeeted. If we could yeet you alone, I'm all in.

Also re Mac, this is the shit I read into as soon as I saw him die. Someone took a clean townfirm out while making me look bad. Doing that isn't in Nanook's MO and I feel like that's a contributing factor to why I may be able to put him behind someone else in my POE.

Mac's death also points to Mac dying being more important than Alison, Proto, or Colin.

Meaning a town Proto and Colin are likely on the wrong path and a whomever scum is thinks they can still yeet a town Alison

I feel that a scum Proto or Colin would've pushed for me earlier in the cycle. A scum Alison is possible, but unlikely for the reason that a town proto/colin is likely wrong.

Scum either set up the perfect thunderdome between us, or you think you can get me misyeeted and survive. I'm not sure which as it seems a very risky line for you directly.
Image Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

[mention]tedxtr[/mention] I just skimmed through your iso again. How have you managed to avoid talking about Carotte at all this game?
Image Image Image
Alison

Post by Alison »

I think ted going all in on the Wilgy thunderdome is pretty townie. He has better plays to make as scum.

[VOTE: Wilgy] aubergine
Alison

Post by Alison »

What's the most realistic scenario for wolf ted going balls to the wall on Wilgy here? Just trading 1-1 with someone else in the POE and then praying his teammate wins the endgame?

I don't see it. I think this is just town. I peeked back briefly at Wilgy's ISO and I could see the "can we exe someone I want now?" post as being an attempt to convince us to give him power in an endgame situation slash indirectly deflecting responsibility for the previous town exes.

I'm probably 70% leaning towards exeing Wilgy on the 1v1 between Wilgy and Ted now.

I mean

I’d prefer to just ignore ted/wilgy tbh but if that’s what we’re doing then it’s [VOTE: wilgy] aubergine for me

I don’t feel super confident about this hitting scum tho

I need [mention]protocultures[/mention] to find a new suspect too
Alison

Post by Alison »

#1921 is also probably >>rand town just because it's not too easy to fake this kind of desperation as scum tbh
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

DrWilgy wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 10:38 am @tedxtr I just skimmed through your iso again. How have you managed to avoid talking about Carotte at all this game?
I mean you can try pinning me with whomever you want, I realise that's what you have to do because you realistically don't have jackshit on me and I'm billboard town right now.

I haven't interacted with a lot of people at the time of their deaths and barely mentioned names - me and Carrote didn't really cross paths in thread whenever she posted and I always kept getting sidetracked by other slots that I cared about sorting / I had other questions towards people at that time, plus I believed she was fairly fine during D1, at which point I kinda just rocked with that read, as I have with multiple people like proto and Alison, so I didn't really care for her posts but I carried on with that town read in the back of my mind.

Like I've already said I was detached and most of my content came from within whatever was on that thread page when I was posting or just ISOing, which I've done for 2 people. I don't believe I'm that terrible of a player in order to not interact with a scum buddy of mine at all fwiw but sure, I guess you could push that world.

I still am not bothered by what Carotte is doing here in case you wanted a read. I think considering Alison here is natural, I myself am quite baffled by her Nanook read and I question whether it's just plain TMI and the fact she's still breathing despite being the literal counterwagon is even worse but I'm repressing my urges until you're flipped.

The reality is that most of my reads change because of my longevity but I realise I'm never dying in this game, unless I am yeeting scum you today and Alison is a scum, like that's pretty much the only world where I die in, I think, so that's why I don't really see a reason to re-evaluate until I have your flip.

If you're town I'm really sorry but you're already setting up narratives that don't make sense unless you actually tried to make something out of my entire ISO.
ImageImageImageImage
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

This read on Wilgy that I'm having is probably the closest one that I've actually felt like it might hit to be honest.

Thank you guys for listening to me and actually engaging in these wagons. This should've been dealt with since yesterday imo.
ImageImageImageImage
Alison

Post by Alison »

billboard town is a little strong but I do think you look pretty good right now
tedxtr

Re: Amdibals at the Zoo! [Day 2]

Post by tedxtr »

tedxtr wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 4:55 am mfw people are putting me in PoEs but I will town lock myself after one try hard post

ImageImageImageImage
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

Alison wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 11:03 am billboard town is a little strong but I do think you look pretty good right now
ImageImageImageImage
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

I have responsibilities, however, just in case I don't manage to come back

1) NO FLASH WAGONS. EITHER ME OR WILGY.

2) EVERYONE NEEDS TO WEIGH IN ON THE DUEL. The town that are more available than I am right now - make sure the people that check in after this post all have an opinion on this duel and they vote accordingly.

Everyone just needs to understand that me and Wilgy have already been a point of contention and I think Wilgy is a wolf. If I am correct - I am hard cleared and we solidify the PoE and bring more stability to our early town clears depending on votes, or we could flip them, again, depending on votes.
ImageImageImageImage
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

Alison wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 11:21 pm
ColinIsCool wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 12:23 pm I have started work so I will be on my busy schedule pretty much every day of the week for the foreseeable future. On top of that I pinched a nerve in my back yesterday and I am in the worst pain of my life so I am going to a doctor later tonight. @ me if you need anything
I hope you feel better soon, Colin!

Also do unvote me when you get the chance - I wrote an argument why you should earlier. I think the POE is [Carotte/Wilgy/Ted] today.
Yeah you made good points. I woke up today and after thinking “wow my back hurts” I thought “why is my vote on Alison?”
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

I think I’d rather chop Carote tbh but [VOTE: Wilgy] aubergine if we gotta do this
protocultures
Drug Dealer

Post by protocultures »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 10:47 am I need @protocultures to find a new suspect too
Nah I'm locked.

Kill Alison if I die in the night.

Ok
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

This is dumb. If I'm scum, who is my teammate?
Image Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

tedxtr wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 10:57 am
DrWilgy wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 10:38 am @tedxtr I just skimmed through your iso again. How have you managed to avoid talking about Carotte at all this game?
I mean you can try pinning me with whomever you want, I realise that's what you have to do because you realistically don't have jackshit on me and I'm billboard town right now.

I haven't interacted with a lot of people at the time of their deaths and barely mentioned names - me and Carrote didn't really cross paths in thread whenever she posted and I always kept getting sidetracked by other slots that I cared about sorting / I had other questions towards people at that time, plus I believed she was fairly fine during D1, at which point I kinda just rocked with that read, as I have with multiple people like proto and Alison, so I didn't really care for her posts but I carried on with that town read in the back of my mind.

Like I've already said I was detached and most of my content came from within whatever was on that thread page when I was posting or just ISOing, which I've done for 2 people. I don't believe I'm that terrible of a player in order to not interact with a scum buddy of mine at all fwiw but sure, I guess you could push that world.

I still am not bothered by what Carotte is doing here in case you wanted a read. I think considering Alison here is natural, I myself am quite baffled by her Nanook read and I question whether it's just plain TMI and the fact she's still breathing despite being the literal counterwagon is even worse but I'm repressing my urges until you're flipped.

The reality is that most of my reads change because of my longevity but I realise I'm never dying in this game, unless I am yeeting scum you today and Alison is a scum, like that's pretty much the only world where I die in, I think, so that's why I don't really see a reason to re-evaluate until I have your flip.

If you're town I'm really sorry but you're already setting up narratives that don't make sense unless you actually tried to make something out of my entire ISO.
How is that pinning? It's a legitiate question. I wanted to know your thoughts on Carotte, because you haven't interacted with them and brought it up. You two are team compatible and I was surprised at the event. Does no one else feel like someone having not interacted with a player feels off at this point in the game?
Image Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

This sucks, as I'm not sure where I should be voting. The hunter in me screams don't take your vote off Ted, but knowing my lynch will lead to Lylo I suppose a self pres on Carotte is needed. Also don't feel awful about that one as Ted/Carotte is team compatible.
Image Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Now, I will say that Ted's hard push does strike me as weird. Alison makes a good point as to whether or not a scum would 1v1 me knowing how I'll flip, but perhaps going hard to seem 'civvy' is the goal.

Does strike me that this is exactly what I expected of scum when Mac died.
Image Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

[mention]NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME[/mention]

[mention]ColinIsCool[/mention]

Voting me is voting a Civ. I'll offer Carotte as an option.
Image Image Image

DrWilgy wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 5:15 pm @NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME

@ColinIsCool

Voting me is voting a Civ. I'll offer Carotte as an option.
Carotte is a nonstarter for me, if you get movement to colin I’ll vote him over you for sure though
Carotenoid
Drug Dealer

Post by Carotenoid »

[VOTE: DrWilgy] aubergine
ImageImage
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Guess I'm dying then.

Good luck in lylo town.
Image Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

LMAO, if I'm scum, my teammate is either proto or everyone is just ok with me getting lynched.
Image Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Final thoughts as I need to hop off:
I hope y'all take a long look at Ted and Carot after this.

Alison is potentially scum, BUT
DrWilgy wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 10:24 am Mac's death also points to Mac dying being more important than Alison, Proto, or Colin.

Meaning a town Proto and Colin are likely on the wrong path and a whomever scum is thinks they can still yeet a town Alison

I feel that a scum Proto or Colin would've pushed for me earlier in the cycle. A scum Alison is possible, but unlikely for the reason that a town proto/colin is likely wrong.
Image Image Image

Return to “Previous Heists”