LGBT+ Mafia [END - Mafia Win]

Moderator: Community Team

Who's going to be marching in the pride parade?

Hally
No votes
Mistyx
10%
sabie12
20%
Alison (Dead/Spec)
70%

Total votes: 10
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 285
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Re: LGBT+ Mafia [Day 1]

Post by Tangrowth »

I'm sorry everyone, I just feel a bit frustrated.
Hally
alien shapeshifter
Posts in topic: 415
Preferred Pronouns: they/them

Post by Hally »

M Plus 7 wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:19 pm cayvie's ISO is pretty funny. Otherwise I'm not totally sure I understand the Hyena/Hally train of thought exactly, but it seems to be lacking strategy to me. I don't think she's scum.
what makes you feel she’s not scum? its ok if its just a feeling
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image ImageImage
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

Ranmilia wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:19 pm i like how we’re all so :hug: this game. i want all games to be like this
mindmeld!
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

M Plus 7 wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:19 pm
Hally wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:15 pm
M Plus 7 wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:04 pm
Hally wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:56 pm
M Plus 7 wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:55 pm
Hally wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:46 pm
M Plus 7 wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:35 pm

How are you reading me though?
i don’t knooooooow :|
Sorry, I'm not trying to be annoying, I'm really out of it right now. Remembering why I'm on a break tbh.
i don’t find you annoying nw!
Okay, I'm glad! Thanks. I feel like emotionally worn right now and it's showing hahaha.
you don’t have to be here rn if you’re not feeling great! we still have a whole day
I have a lot of work to do this weekend though.
oh. rip :sigh:
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

M Plus 7 wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:20 pm I'm sorry everyone, I just feel a bit frustrated.
its okaaaay :hug:
Hyena
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 101
Preferred Pronouns: Any pronouns work!

Post by Hyena »

M Plus 7 wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:20 pm I'm sorry everyone, I just feel a bit frustrated.
Hey. :3 I'm having fun. You're part of the reason I'm having fun here. I want you to have fun, too. I'm sorry if I'm part of the reason you're frustrated.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Ranmilia wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:16 pm
M Plus 7 wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:44 pm
Ranmilia wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 7:28 pm Annnnd I'm caught up, okay!

[VOTE: Cayvie] aubergine

Thinkin my vote goes here right now. By and large I agree with my fellow IC TSP. Cayvie had an awkward entry, awkward interjection in the Hally/Hyena thing, and instant why me fry me when TSP scumreads her, while pointing only to Hyena (looking like LHF town to me) as a suspect. Pretty level 1 stuff but it is what I have right now.

MP7 is definitely an outlier. Hard to say whether that's due to personality (Fire type, wow!) and lack of time or being mafia. I share Hally's suspicion of the pocket attempt but don't think it worked. Also a very weird response, seeming to not understand TSP is calling her + cayvie as vote candidates? Also she called Hyena "self-resolving" which makes me go hmmmmmmmmm.

Sabie doesn't have much down still. Would appreciate some discussion with her. Sabie, who do you think is mafia and why? What do you think about the use of subtitles in the original Star Wars trilogy, and their absence for R2-D2 and Chewbacca?

Minor Mist tinfoil but mostly feeling good there. Think Hally is town, their state of mind is palpable.

Hyena... is hard to follow for me but in a way that makes me think they are town. The thoughts seem genuine, as the kids say, and unagenda'd. "I was worried I would look w/w with Hally because if Evenstar was in this game and we were w/w Evenstar would bus me" is a heck of a take to manufacture.
How does Hyena look like LHF?

What do you mean by me being an outlier? What do you mean by don't think it worked? Where did I not understand TSP saying that? Based on my experience with Hyena, he was pretty obvious town part-way through the game so...?

Why are you mostly feeling good about Mist?
So, MP7
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:57 pm thinkin mp and cayvie
This is, at least in my eyes,TSP calling you and cayvie mafia and suggesting that we vote the two of you out.
M Plus 7 wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 12:06 am
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:57 pm thinkin mp and cayvie
That would actually be a lot of fun.
And your response is "sounds like fun!"...?

Not seeing how Hyena might qualify as LHF, when they are/were vote leader, many players have been discussing them, and their own words say they're often put in the proverbial box, is strange to me. These combined strangenesses are examples of why I am viewing you as an outlier with a very different perspective of the game.

If you're unfamiliar with the "box" theory entirely, it's here: https://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums/th ... Newcomb%29
A lot of people I've seen around the vicinity (of syndicate/MU/champs spec chat) have pointed to this article as a major influence on or description of their playstyle. I'm not so much a fan, personally.

Your pocket attempt on Hally, if it was one, did not work as Hally remained suspicious of you.

Mist's typechart exercise was a good discussion starter, she has done only one major "scummy" thing I find potentially worrisome, and other people I've sorted as town so far are also townreading her - not solidified but I'm satisfied to not vote there at the moment.

Would you say this style of asking many questions is indicative of your own general playstyle?

Yeah, it was a joke? I guess that wasn't clear. I was saying that I thought being teamed with cayvie would be a lot of fun. I played a practice game with her on MU for this Champs season.

I understand the outlier view better, thanks for explaining.

I have not read that, thanks for linking!

I "pocket" players as town all the time because I don't do well when I'm working to solve in isolation. I see your interpretation, I guess I just didn't understand if you had a conclusion from it?

Got it re: Mist.

Sure, I would say that, especially in the earlier part of a game and/or if I don't feel like I understand where other people are coming from and/or if I don't have a lot of experience or knowledge about how someone approaches the game.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Hally wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:22 pm
M Plus 7 wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:19 pm cayvie's ISO is pretty funny. Otherwise I'm not totally sure I understand the Hyena/Hally train of thought exactly, but it seems to be lacking strategy to me. I don't think she's scum.
Maybe it's silly but like... reading through the stuff she said on you and Hyena reads more like a townie with a perhaps unconventional theory than a wolf trying to fake content.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Hally wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:23 pm
M Plus 7 wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:19 pm
Hally wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:15 pm
M Plus 7 wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:04 pm
Hally wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:56 pm
M Plus 7 wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:55 pm
Hally wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:46 pm
i don’t knooooooow :|
Sorry, I'm not trying to be annoying, I'm really out of it right now. Remembering why I'm on a break tbh.
i don’t find you annoying nw!
Okay, I'm glad! Thanks. I feel like emotionally worn right now and it's showing hahaha.
you don’t have to be here rn if you’re not feeling great! we still have a whole day
I have a lot of work to do this weekend though.
oh. rip :sigh:
I really appreciate the sentiment, I promise.
Ranmilia
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 164
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/they

Post by Ranmilia »

:hug:
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

M Plus 7 wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:30 pm
Maybe it's silly but like... reading through the stuff she said on you and Hyena reads more like a townie with a perhaps unconventional theory than a wolf trying to fake content.
hm. okay. is there anyone you do feel is scum or not yet?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Hyena wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:24 pm
Hey. :3 I'm having fun. You're part of the reason I'm having fun here. I want you to have fun, too. I'm sorry if I'm part of the reason you're frustrated.
No, you're totally fine. I certainly don't blame anyone for that. I haven't found my footing at all.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Hally wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:35 pm
Not yet, no. It's not typical for me to develop scum reads at the start of the game; I'd rather solve by finding town. I suppose it depends though. I'll see what else I can look back at.
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

M Plus 7 wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:38 pm
Hally wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:35 pm
Not yet, no. It's not typical for me to develop scum reads at the start of the game; I'd rather solve by finding town. I suppose it depends though. I'll see what else I can look back at.
i get that! im usually the same way
Ranmilia
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Ranmilia »

Noting a thing. Currently sitting on that thing.

Hally, what are your thoughts on Mist? Did you ever answer the pokemon type chart thing? (if so I missed or failed to note it)
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

ISO Links

cayvie
Hally
Hyena
M Plus 7
Mistyx
Ranmilia -- formerly Scirrus
sabie12
TonyStarkPrime

[mention]sabie12[/mention]
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Ran, why exactly do you think Mist starting the Pokemon meme thing is alignment indicative? I feel like it'd be a pretty easy thing to do regardless.
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

Ranmilia wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:41 pm Noting a thing. Currently sitting on that thing.

Hally, what are your thoughts on Mist? Did you ever answer the pokemon type chart thing? (if so I missed or failed to note it)
i’ve liked how relaxed mist has been. like particularly how she doesn’t seem concerned with like looking towny. i do kinda wish she posted a bit more but i feel like as scum she might feel pressured to force more content. here i get the sense that she’s just taking it easy, which i think is more towny, and the takes she has given seem genuine
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

and no i didn’t answer the pokemon thing because i don’t really know tbh
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Hally wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:48 pm
Ranmilia wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:41 pm Noting a thing. Currently sitting on that thing.

i’ve liked how relaxed mist has been. like particularly how she doesn’t seem concerned with like looking towny. i do kinda wish she posted a bit more but i feel like as scum she might feel pressured to force more content. here i get the sense that she’s just taking it easy, which i think is more towny, and the takes she has given seem genuine
Huh. Can you point me to any post(s) in particular that feel that way? I'm looking at her ISO now actually and am not getting that impression.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

I'm feeling my town reads are cayvie, Hally, and maybe Hyena and TSP? Not sure about the latter two. Everyone else is the POE. Everything in flux though.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

I was going to move my vote but since cayvie and Hally have the most votes now I don't know what to do.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

M Plus 7 wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:00 pm I was going to move my vote but since cayvie and Hally have the most votes now I don't know what to do.
Oh wait nevermind, one of the votes for Hally is Scirrus.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

I'll try again tomorrow. Sigh. I can't cheerlead myself right now.
Ranmilia
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Ranmilia »

I liked that Mist insisted on answers to "how does this relate to your play in mafia." So far she hasn't done much with that, so it's a bit of a loan read. I look forward to her conclusions.

I... don't like that MP7 is conducting a lot of questioning dialogue, but did NOT ask me "Ran, what was that one thing Mist did that you found scummy?" That's a bit of bait I hung out in a way that I thought was very obvious to start a dialogue on. I'm concerned this questioning is not genuine.

[VOTE: M Plus 7] aubergine

MP7, I'm going to put my vote on you for now. If you are town, please don't freak out, continue on. :hugs:
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

M Plus 7 wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:55 pm

Huh. Can you point me to any post(s) in particular that feel that way? I'm looking at her ISO now actually and am not getting that impression.
idk it’s more like a general vibe. i’m not sure how to illustrate it with specific posts
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

M Plus 7 wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:04 pm I'll try again tomorrow. Sigh. I can't cheerlead myself right now.
:hug:
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

Ranmilia wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:10 pm I liked that Mist insisted on answers to "how does this relate to your play in mafia." So far she hasn't done much with that, so it's a bit of a loan read. I look forward to her conclusions.

I... don't like that MP7 is conducting a lot of questioning dialogue, but did NOT ask me "Ran, what was that one thing Mist did that you found scummy?" That's a bit of bait I hung out in a way that I thought was very obvious to start a dialogue on. I'm concerned this questioning is not genuine.

MP7, I'm going to put my vote on you for now. If you are town, please don't freak out, continue on. :hugs:
what was the bait? i missed that
Ranmilia
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Ranmilia »

Ranmilia wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:16 pm Mist's typechart exercise was a good discussion starter, she has done only one major "scummy" thing I find potentially worrisome, and other people I've sorted as town so far are also townreading her - not solidified but I'm satisfied to not vote there at the moment.
I considered letting it hang until someone asked, but the moment passed.

The scummy thing is in post #80.
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

Mistyx wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:00 pm anyway i have important mechanical information to share

n0 tim hortons w
n1 smartbomb gay
this?
Ranmilia
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Ranmilia »

Aye. That.
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

what’s scummy about that?
Ranmilia
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Ranmilia »

Post contains words "Tim Hortons"!!!

(And then you say: "What? Just for that? Ran, your methods are weird!"
But it was supposed to be MP7 saying that so we would get some opinions expressed on methods)
Alison
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 25
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by Alison »

As mentioned earlier, the poll's ended unexpectedly early because I screwed up the poll making. Just vote in the thread publicly if you want to change your vote in the next 13 hours.

Vote ties will end in a no-exe.
There's nothing that says a fake can't surpass the real thing.
sabie12
Maiden of Mischief
Posts in topic: 76
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/herself/they

Post by sabie12 »

I am always a low poster in the beginning of games I am slow to start as I get a feel for things sorry that's just me. Also as I've said this week didnt go as planned for me but oh well.

I feel like this game is better for the scum team because they can kill us all easily and we won't even know for sure they're doing it.
Now that I can read ISOs I could maybe vote hally as they seem to have been perpetuating the random pokemon discussion and just seem different than the town game I saw before. Now that I read cayvie I feel her thought about hyena and hally may have been genuine but then she disappeared after Wednesday. I think tony is his usual town self. I could see maybe a vote for mist I don't feel like they're towny though I guess others do. I think MP seems like her town game before. I'm just not sure.

For now I will [VOTE: hally] aubergine I'm sure I'll get grilled about that but that's what I feel right now. In the other town game Hally was so unsure and thought everyone was town and didn't want to vote people and this game seems different to me.
Sometimes life does seem all planned out, like there's no choice in the matter. But that's just an illusion.
~Darren Shan~
sabie12
Maiden of Mischief
Posts in topic: 76
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/herself/they

Post by sabie12 »

Hally wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 12:37 am
Mistyx wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:00 pm anyway i have important mechanical information to share

n0 tim hortons w
n1 smartbomb gay
this?
Are we supposed to understand what this means? I feel like I don't understand half of what is going on in this game. Maybe I'm just an old lady and I don't get what all the kids are talking about these days haha
Sometimes life does seem all planned out, like there's no choice in the matter. But that's just an illusion.
~Darren Shan~
Alison
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 25
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by Alison »

Current Vote Count
cayvie (1): Hally
Hyena (1): cayvie
M Plus 7 (1): TonyStarkPrime, Ranmilia
Ranmilia (2): Mistyx, M Plus 7
Hally (2): Hyena, sabie12

Sorry about the poll everyone. I'll try to fix it for next time so I don't have to do manual vote counts.
There's nothing that says a fake can't surpass the real thing.
Ranmilia
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Ranmilia »

sabie12 wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 7:32 am
Hally wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 12:37 am

n0 tim hortons w
n1 smartbomb gay
this?
Are we supposed to understand what this means? I feel like I don't understand half of what is going on in this game. Maybe I'm just an old lady and I don't get what all the kids are talking about these days haha
In game 6 of the Champs tournament on Mafia Universe, earlier this summer, there was a player who wrote in their pregame bio "If I mention Tim Hortons in my first post I am lock scum." Their first post of the game was nothing but the words "Tim Hortons." They were scum. Town voted them out day 1 and swept the game. Thanks to this incident, it has become a bit of a meme that the first person in a game to mention Tim Hortons is scum.
TonyStarkPrime
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 69
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Something's whatever.

Change Vote: Cayvie

[mention]Alison[/mention]
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

sabie12 wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 7:31 am I am always a low poster in the beginning of games I am slow to start as I get a feel for things sorry that's just me. Also as I've said this week didnt go as planned for me but oh well.

I feel like this game is better for the scum team because they can kill us all easily and we won't even know for sure they're doing it.
Now that I can read ISOs I could maybe vote hally as they seem to have been perpetuating the random pokemon discussion and just seem different than the town game I saw before. Now that I read cayvie I feel her thought about hyena and hally may have been genuine but then she disappeared after Wednesday. I think tony is his usual town self. I could see maybe a vote for mist I don't feel like they're towny though I guess others do. I think MP seems like her town game before. I'm just not sure.

For now I will [VOTE: hally] aubergine I'm sure I'll get grilled about that but that's what I feel right now. In the other town game Hally was so unsure and thought everyone was town and didn't want to vote people and this game seems different to me.
hi sabie, i’ve been feeling pretty unsure this game so i don’t get what you’re saying re: me. what game are you talking about? and i just wanted to talk about pokemon. why is that scummy? :p

re: mp, do you remember what her scum game is like at all?
Ranmilia
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Ranmilia »

Couldn't sleep too well, as you can see from occasional morningposts. I spent a fair bit of thought on that conversation with MP7 overnight. Really not sure. In the moment I didn't feel like I was talking to town, but... mm. it could be.

On the other hand, uhhh we're yeeting in 5 hours, not much morning action, votes are totally split, two players still have stale votes on my predecessor... Cayvie appears to have straight up dipped after being accused, for more than a day and a half, so sure I'll go back there.

[VOTE: Cayvie] aubergine

[mention]Alison[/mention] if that's needed for votes today.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Okay so I got some much needed sleep and I actually have emotional energy haha, I'll see what I can do off and on before deadline. I would love to chat with people.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Ranmilia wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:10 pm I liked that Mist insisted on answers to "how does this relate to your play in mafia." So far she hasn't done much with that, so it's a bit of a loan read. I look forward to her conclusions.

Okay, that makes sense, I would also like to see more of where she goes with it.

Sorry, I didn't know, I must have not thought of asking.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Hally wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:49 pm
M Plus 7 wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:55 pm

idk it’s more like a general vibe. i’m not sure how to illustrate it with specific posts
Hmmm... I'm sorry we haven't been able to really see eye to eye on anything yet and work together. I don't know how to better make that happen.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Ranmilia wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 2:08 am Post contains words "Tim Hortons"!!!

(And then you say: "What? Just for that? Ran, your methods are weird!"
But it was supposed to be MP7 saying that so we would get some opinions expressed on methods)
LMAO, now I'm really bummed I didn't ask.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Now I want to move my vote off of Scirrus/Ran hahaha but I can't! The poll is closed! Ahhhh.

Obviously I know to vote in the thread, and Alison is an amazing host, it's just weird to not be able to move it in a TS game hehe.'

Can I just [VOTE: UNVOTE] aubergine for now?
Ranmilia
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Ranmilia »

Hi MP7!

Off the top of your head, what are the chances Mist is mafia here?

And what do you make of Hally wanting to talk about Pokemon, but not wanting to respond to the typechart exercise?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

sabie12 wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 7:31 am I am always a low poster in the beginning of games I am slow to start as I get a feel for things sorry that's just me. Also as I've said this week didnt go as planned for me but oh well.

I think this feels genuine to me even though it's also player salad, isn't it? Hmmm. I just feel like this isn't made up, especially the stuff on Hally.

I simultaneously feel like unsure about my reads but also like I'm running out of vote candidates though?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Ranmilia wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 3:41 pm Hi MP7!

Off the top of your head, what are the chances Mist is mafia here?

And what do you make of Hally wanting to talk about Pokemon, but not wanting to respond to the typechart exercise?
Hey Ran!

Uhhh good question. I think she's in the bottom half of the player list if I had to shake it out right now? I wish I could see more from her now. It's hard to express it as a chance, did you want like a percentage or something?

You know, that's a good question. I think it's fine? I'm not sure why her role card would have a bearing on why she felt comfortable talking about herself using that as a launching pad. Does that make sense?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Oh dammit how the hell did I just do that, their* role card and why they* felt comfortable talking about themself*

I'm so sorry, ugh.

Return to “Previous Jobs”