LGBT+ Mafia [END - Mafia Win]

Moderator: Community Team

Who's going to be marching in the pride parade?

Hally
No votes
Mistyx
10%
sabie12
20%
Alison (Dead/Spec)
70%

Total votes: 10
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 285
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Re: LGBT+ Mafia [Day 1]

Post by Tangrowth »

That doesn't even make any sense, I know their pronouns.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Hally wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 1:43 pm
Spoiler: show
sabie12 wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 7:31 am I am always a low poster in the beginning of games I am slow to start as I get a feel for things sorry that's just me. Also as I've said this week didnt go as planned for me but oh well.

I feel like this game is better for the scum team because they can kill us all easily and we won't even know for sure they're doing it.
Now that I can read ISOs I could maybe vote hally as they seem to have been perpetuating the random pokemon discussion and just seem different than the town game I saw before. Now that I read cayvie I feel her thought about hyena and hally may have been genuine but then she disappeared after Wednesday. I think tony is his usual town self. I could see maybe a vote for mist I don't feel like they're towny though I guess others do. I think MP seems like her town game before. I'm just not sure.

For now I will [VOTE: hally] aubergine I'm sure I'll get grilled about that but that's what I feel right now. In the other town game Hally was so unsure and thought everyone was town and didn't want to vote people and this game seems different to me.
hi sabie, i’ve been feeling pretty unsure this game so i don’t get what you’re saying re: me. what game are you talking about? and i just wanted to talk about pokemon. why is that scummy? :p
re: mp, do you remember what her scum game is like at all?
Gosh it's been so long plus I'm not sure I ever got much of a handle on her town versus scum game. I would say her posting so far isn't particularly abnormal or anything.

I guess I can believe that her reads post was more likely trying to actually come up with thoughts on people than forced scum content, but I'm not sure how strongly I believe that.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

We have just over 4 hours? Yikes, let's hope there's some more activity soon.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Okay okay, let's see. How would my reads look right now if I had to sort them?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

M Plus 7 wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 3:53 pm Okay okay, let's see. How would my reads look right now if I had to sort them?
Hally
Ran
cayvie
sabie

Hyena
Tony

Mist

???

This doesn't feel right, but I'm also not sure what to do.
Ranmilia
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 164
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/they

Post by Ranmilia »

So Mist is the bottom of your current reads? Are you comfortable voting her?

What pushes cayvie into top tier for you?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Ranmilia wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 3:57 pm So Mist is the bottom of your current reads? Are you comfortable voting her?

What pushes cayvie into top tier for you?
I guess by default, yeah. I'm not super comfortable voting her which is why it doesn't feel right. Maybe I need to try and re-evaluate people, but I'm not sure how to do that? We don't have a lot of posts to go by, especially as of recently.

Gut mostly, I looked at her ISO yesterday and I felt like her approach to Hyena/Hally and that whole progression over the course of the ISO was a strange thing for scum to do. It felt more like she likely believed it. I wish I knew what she was thinking now though, but I guess that applies to almost everyone.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Day 1 sucks hahaha.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

I guess if the downside is it's harder to make reads when the upside is the game is super friendly and lowkey then that's a worthwhile tradeoff. Even if like... yesterday and now I'm feeling like fuck I have like not nearly enough data to make any decision I can feel remotely confident in.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Even still I feel like maybe I'm just not reading Mist right and you're onto something with it, Ran, so I'd say the confidence I have in my reads list in general is rather low.
Ranmilia
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Ranmilia »

MP7, are you town?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Alison wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 7:40 am Current Vote Count
cayvie (1): Hally
Hyena (1): cayvie
M Plus 7 (1): TonyStarkPrime, Ranmilia
Ranmilia (2): Mistyx, M Plus 7
Hally (2): Hyena, sabie12

Sorry about the poll everyone. I'll try to fix it for next time so I don't have to do manual vote counts.
Since this vote I have unvoted and Tony moved his vote to cayvie and Ran moved to cayvie, I think?

So it’s 3 for cayvie, 1 for hyena, 1 for ran, 2 for Hally, and then my vote.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Ranmilia wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:16 pm MP7, are you town?
Yes! Hehe.

I find it amusing that you asked it this way because it reminds me of someone who doesn’t play anymore (thellama73) who used to espouse that it actually was useful. That said, I don’t know how useful it is haha.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Seems like my read of cayvie is important here. Maybe I’ll go back and look at that practice game again.
Ranmilia
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Ranmilia »

Interesting that you should point that out.

Can you talk to me some about how you form reads, and what you believe to be alignment indicative vs unimportant?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Ranmilia wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:25 pm Interesting that you should point that out.

Can you talk to me some about how you form reads, and what you believe to be alignment indicative vs unimportant?
Point what out specifically?

Sure. I'm not sure what to say though. I played in Champs Season 5 (qualifier, wildcards, finals, the last of which never happened) and tried to play a bit after that but always ended up slanking (especially by my standards) until post-COVID when I came back, and I'm trying to improve my game. I feel like I generally rely on my gut but I've augmented that with analytical methods plenty off and on, which... will be harder to engage with this game since it's flipless. I guess I just try to understand whether I think someone is genuinely making reads and statements versus fabricating content. A good part of that is why I end up asking questions especially to players whose brains I don't yet know or understand. I feel like I'm good at finding town and not very good at figuring out when someone is scum so that's why I ended up gravitating towards an approach that plays to my strengths, but I don't try to force it either, and I'll be known to really find something I think is worth pursuing aggressively if someone answers a question or says something that really doesn't compute with my understanding of how their brain works in such a way that I think they're making it up. Does this help? I hope so.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

I always try to be considerate of other people's reads and hyperconscious of the gamestate too, whether I do that successfully or not of course depends.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

I also feel like I'm a much better late-game player than early-game.
Ranmilia
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Ranmilia »

M Plus 7 wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:33 pm
Ranmilia wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:25 pm Interesting that you should point that out.

Sure. I'm not sure what to say though. I played in Champs Season 5 (qualifier, wildcards, finals, the last of which never happened) and tried to play a bit after that but always ended up slanking (especially by my standards) until post-COVID when I came back, and I'm trying to improve my game. I feel like I generally rely on my gut but I've augmented that with analytical methods plenty off and on, which... will be harder to engage with this game since it's flipless. I guess I just try to understand whether I think someone is genuinely making reads and statements versus fabricating content. A good part of that is why I end up asking questions especially to players whose brains I don't yet know or understand. I feel like I'm good at finding town and not very good at figuring out when someone is scum so that's why I ended up gravitating towards an approach that plays to my strengths, but I don't try to force it either, and I'll be known to really find something I think is worth pursuing aggressively if someone answers a question or says something that really doesn't compute with my understanding of how their brain works in such a way that I think they're making it up. Does this help? I hope so.
That does help, thanks.
TonyStarkPrime
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 69
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Has anyone done anything cool yet
sabie12
Maiden of Mischief
Posts in topic: 76
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/herself/they

Post by sabie12 »

sabie12 wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 7:31 am I am always a low poster in the beginning of games I am slow to start as I get a feel for things sorry that's just me. Also as I've said this week didnt go as planned for me but oh well.

I feel like this game is better for the scum team because they can kill us all easily and we won't even know for sure they're doing it.
Now that I can read ISOs I could maybe vote hally as they seem to have been perpetuating the random pokemon discussion and just seem different than the town game I saw before. Now that I read cayvie I feel her thought about hyena and hally may have been genuine but then she disappeared after Wednesday. I think tony is his usual town self. I could see maybe a vote for mist I don't feel like they're towny though I guess others do. I think MP seems like her town game before. I'm just not sure.

For now I will [VOTE: hally] aubergine I'm sure I'll get grilled about that but that's what I feel right now. In the other town game Hally was so unsure and thought everyone was town and didn't want to vote people and this game seems different to me.
hi sabie, i’ve been feeling pretty unsure this game so i don’t get what you’re saying re: me. what game are you talking about? and i just wanted to talk about pokemon. why is that scummy? :p

I'm sorry yes I should have specified. I was referring to the jack attack game. I felt you were more hesitant to vote in that game than here. just trying to work out my thoughts.

I see the thread is now leaning towards cayvie. I'm wondering does cayvie up and disappear as scum being accused or as town unsure of what to do? I've only played one game with cayvie and that was Upick. I'm not opposed to a cayvie vote I thought maybe her theory on hally and hyena was a genuine thought but then she hasn't come back and further discussed so ehhhh.
Sometimes life does seem all planned out, like there's no choice in the matter. But that's just an illusion.
~Darren Shan~
sabie12
Maiden of Mischief

Post by sabie12 »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:52 pm Has anyone done anything cool yet
I haven't. Wish I did though.
Sometimes life does seem all planned out, like there's no choice in the matter. But that's just an illusion.
~Darren Shan~
sabie12
Maiden of Mischief

Post by sabie12 »

M Plus 7 wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:35 pm I also feel like I'm a much better late-game player than early-game.
Same here the games I've helped win were like not til the end. Sometimes it takes me awhile to process everything and get going.
~Darren Shan~
sabie12
Maiden of Mischief

Post by sabie12 »

M Plus 7 wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:18 pm
Ranmilia wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:16 pm MP7, are you town?
Yes! Hehe.

I find it amusing that you asked it this way because it reminds me of someone who doesn’t play anymore (thellama73) who used to espouse that it actually was useful. That said, I don’t know how useful it is haha.
Ah yeah I've played with llama a few times back in the day!
~Darren Shan~
sabie12
Maiden of Mischief

Post by sabie12 »

I guess the only issue with voting cayvie is it's real easy to just go after the person who stopped participating and isn't around to defend or discuss anything else.
~Darren Shan~
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Ranmilia wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:52 pm
M Plus 7 wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:33 pm

That does help, thanks.
No problem!
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

sabie12 wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:01 pm

I'm sorry yes I should have specified. I was referring to the jack attack game. I felt you were more hesitant to vote in that game than here. just trying to work out my thoughts.

I see the thread is now leaning towards cayvie. I'm wondering does cayvie up and disappear as scum being accused or as town unsure of what to do? I've only played one game with cayvie and that was Upick. I'm not opposed to a cayvie vote I thought maybe her theory on hally and hyena was a genuine thought but then she hasn't come back and further discussed so ehhhh.
Why did you think that?

How would you summarize your experience with cayvie there?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

sabie12 wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:11 pm I guess the only issue with voting cayvie is it's real easy to just go after the person who stopped participating and isn't around to defend or discuss anything else.
Do you feel like that's what is happening?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Hey sabie, I know you talked about your reads before but would you mind trying to like... arrange them in a list format or something similar?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

I miss Hally. I hope I can talk to them some more before it gets too close to EoD.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

By the way I looked at cayvie's ISO in that practice game, and I'm not really sure I came to any solid conclusions from glancing over it, especially the early game portion.

I still think she's probably town here.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

M Plus 7 wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:24 pm By the way I looked at cayvie's ISO in that practice game, and I'm not really sure I came to any solid conclusions from glancing over it, especially the early game portion.

I still think she's probably town here.
This should be re-worded to indicate that I looked especially over the early game portion, not that the early game portion gave me more or less conclusions.
Hyena
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 101
Preferred Pronouns: Any pronouns work!

Post by Hyena »

Hey. <3 I'm here for a little bit. I also plan on being around for the entire last hour of the day for EoD stuff.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

I feel like sabie's hedging on cayvie seems a bit opportunistic.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Hyena wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:25 pm Hey. <3 I'm here for a little bit. I also plan on being around for the entire last hour of the day for EoD stuff.
Hello, Hyena!
Mistyx
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 108
Preferred Pronouns: she/her or they/them

Post by Mistyx »

hi, i think

[VOTE: unvote] aubergine

[mention]Alison[/mention]
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Hello, Mist! Looks like you and I are the two unvotes right now.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Actually I should make sure to take a break to do some work but I'll be back ASAP.
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

M Plus 7 wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:26 pm
Hyena wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:25 pm Hey. <3 I'm here for a little bit. I also plan on being around for the entire last hour of the day for EoD stuff.
Hello, Hyena!
Howdy, howdy!
M Plus 7 wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:27 pm Hello, Mist! Looks like you and I are the two unvotes right now.
Make that three.
[VOTE: unvote] aubergine
I forgot that my vote was till on Hally.
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

I don't feel right voting Cayvie. The more I look over her accusation towards me and Hally, the less awkward and more pure it looks. Here's the post that started it all:
cayvie wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:15 pm hyena/hally powerwolf duo probs
And, like, look at the posts surrounding it. Rereading it makes me feel like it was purely a gut reaction, especially with the lack of explanation for it.
sabie12
Maiden of Mischief

Post by sabie12 »

M Plus 7 wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:20 pm
sabie12 wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:01 pm

Why did you think that?

How would you summarize your experience with cayvie there?
I don't know I just thought maybe it was a genuine thought she had rather than a fake one but then she hasn't been back to discuss anything further since so now I'm not so sure.

I think cayvie was kinda in and out in that game as well if I remember correctly but that was also the game with 50 players.
M Plus 7 wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:20 pm
sabie12 wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:11 pm I guess the only issue with voting cayvie is it's real easy to just go after the person who stopped participating and isn't around to defend or discuss anything else.
Do you feel like that's what is happening?
I was just throwing that out there as I've seen that happen before to people who ended up being town. I guess I was also asking if anyone is more familiar with her and if that is her usual or out of character for her. As I said I only played the one game with her.
~Darren Shan~
sabie12
Maiden of Mischief

Post by sabie12 »

M Plus 7 wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:22 pm Hey sabie, I know you talked about your reads before but would you mind trying to like... arrange them in a list format or something similar?
I know I'm sorry I post in a lot of stream of conciousness style posts a lot. I'm not big on forcing reads if I don't feel they're real or I feel confident about them.

Also I'm going to be out and about for awhile hope to be back soon
~Darren Shan~
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

I feel like Mist could have found a reason to push me that would not make me question her alignment if she were mafia. I feel like she has actually defended me more by just knowing how I tend to play D1 and being able to explain to people what I was trying to do. However, I don't know if she necessarily ALWAYS pushes for my yeet D1 as mafia even if she's capable of making it happen. Like, from my side, although I know Mist is very capable of finding me as mafia if I leave her in the game, I don't always try to get her yeeted early on since I enjoy playing with her.
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

Hyena wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:41 pm I feel like Mist could have found a reason to push me that would not make me question her alignment if she were mafia. I feel like she has actually defended me more by just knowing how I tend to play D1 and being able to explain to people what I was trying to do. However, I don't know if she necessarily ALWAYS pushes for my yeet D1 as mafia even if she's capable of making it happen. Like, from my side, although I know Mist is very capable of finding me as mafia if I leave her in the game, I don't always try to get her yeeted early on since I enjoy playing with her.
I still think I would lean town on Mist though right now, just based on vibes.
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

Is it weird that I want to tinfoil Ran being scum? lol
Mistyx
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 108
Preferred Pronouns: she/her or they/them

Post by Mistyx »

whats a vibe

can i eat it
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

So, like, I definitely think it is possible that Ran actually did set up bait (the thing about Mist) to see if MP would question her about it. However, I also think it's in the realm of possibility that Ran made the post about seeing one major thing that could be scummy from Mist, forgot then remembered making it later on, then saw that it could be used to make a solid push against MP.

It's similar in concept to something I did in a game on ToS recently where I was scum and had to CC a cop. Earlier in the game, I had jokingly started saying I was Vig and was going to shoot people (one person D1, and did it again to another person D2), but when someone claimed cop who I had planned on yeeting for the win, I realized I could use those "I'm going to shoot you" posts as softing who I was going to check during the night even though they were, in fact, made jokingly without any intent to be used later on for my fake claim.

It's tinfoil though.
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

Mistyx wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:49 pm whats a vibe

can i eat it
Yeah, sure. Let me know how it tastes though.
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

Hmm... I don't think Ran and Mp7 are teamed together just based on the play Ran made again Mp7.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Okay, I'm here until EoD mostly I think.

Return to “Previous Jobs”