Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 313
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Re: Grasslands [Game Thread]

Post by Thunal33 »

tutuu wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 6:24 pm like

arent all the perc people hardcore on the emotion stuff

wasnt dizzy all like

"omg i hate myself, i only voted this guy out of pure ego, its a negative trait about myself im trying to fix, im so sorry guy" etc ect and dude flipped wolf
I actually dislike AtE and rarely use it as either alignment (I think I've used it maybe in 1 or 2 games as scum but that's very different from my push on Hally). It might be because my forum experience before PerC and before playing FM was in an online culture where emotions weren't expressed a lot (16 personalities forum) or it might be my personality, but I tend to stick to logically convincing others rather than displaying a lot of emotion. In the town-then-scum game I did use AtE at the end of D2 but you can see how that AtE is different than anything I did here.
Spoiler: show
ImageImage
Thunal33
Loan Shark

Post by Thunal33 »

tutuu wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 7:29 pm ok thanks i just read all of those

judgement pending
If that's true, you are a very fast reader. :P
ImageImage
tutuu
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 420

Post by tutuu »

Thunal33 wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 7:37 pm

judgement pending
If that's true, you are a very fast reader. :P
ur mafia ur mafia ur mafia ur mafia ur mafia ur mafia ur mafia ur mafia
Thunal33
Loan Shark

Post by Thunal33 »

SPF early readslist analysis:
staypositivefriend wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 11:26 pm honestly my reads are getting a little messy this game, so im writing my quick thoughts on everyone here to figure out where my head is at. i'm also gonna force myself to take a GTH stance on each one

tutuu: tutuu does not play in a traditional way, so it's impossible for me to read her traditionally. i tried reading through her iso to check for internal consistency/in-depth scumhunting, but i do not think the absence of those things is alignment indicative for tutuu. based on my experiences with playing with her in radiohead mafia, the easiest way to read tutuu is to assess the type of energy that she's giving off. this is more abstract than i would like it to be, but i do get good feelings from tutuu's energy so far - the way that she's manically bouncing between different reads and thought processes reminds me a lot of the tutuu i saw in radiohead, and i never get the sense that tutuu is stilted or that she doesn't know what to say. there's a real sense that tutuu is wearing her heart on her sleeve at all times, and that makes me inclined to think she's playing with a town mindset. i also do like some of the reads that tutuu has outed - her point about hally not giving a reason to townread me as justification for hally bieng town was good, and it's the kind of hyper-specific read that scum usually don't make. gth town

hally: i actually took a look at hally's ISO in the champs finale to contrast it with their ISO in this game - and the differences are pretty pronounced. i got the sense from the way that hally approached their final champ game that they were incredibly eager to align with the town consensus & not really stir the pot or radically change the gamestate. hally's strategy as mafia seemed partially to be lulling the town into a false sense of complacency - and i get a very different vibe from hally in this game. they are fiercely coming up with unique takes and thought processes that do not feel like an attempt to blend in with the rest of the game. in particular, i really like hally gunning for nutella to be a universal townread - i don't see what motivation hally would have as scum to shoot down the suspicions on nutella like they did. the only thing that concerns me about hally is a lack of content in the last day or so (which i can forgive, considering that a lot of us got distracted by the champs stuff), but so far, i do think that it's likely i'm playing with town hally. i guess there's a part of my brain that doesn't want to "commit" to my read on hally just in case im getting duped - but i would call them gth town

long con: i've been trying to figure out whether or not long con's "i am super detached from this game"-style of playing was coming from a genuine place or not. something that inclines me to think that long con isn't using their disinterest as an excuse to be lazy is the fact that they are still outing reads/thoughts in spite of being in a position where they don't ~have~ to make them. in particular, i like long con bringing attention to carotte's lack of stances on #470, because i noticed the same thing in my own readthrough. i would gth townread long con because of that

nanook: his reads on #266 are okay, and i sort of like his townread on nova. i don't really have anything else to say about nanook yet - his lack of interest in the game seems non-alignment indicative and he hasn't given enough content for me to honestly know whether or not he's playing with a town mindset. gth town, i guess

sloonei: i remember that sloonei got really flustered/frustrated by the early pushes on him in our final championship game, and my intent has been to give him the space that he needs to play the game and figure out the game on his own time. that said, i don't feel like sloonei has actually done anything with the space that we've given him. there is a distinct lack of curiosity/inquisitiveness from sloonei in this game that i saw in sloonei's game in spades in sf3 and the final champs game. i do not have a clear sense of where sloonei's head is at, and that concerns me as someone who usually has a pretty good idea of what sloonei is thinking (or at least, i assume i do :P). gth scum

nova: there is a real feeling of earnestness to nova's posts that i feel are much, much more likely to come from a town mindset than a scum one. i can't actually substantiate this hunch of mine with any logic, but there is a certain self-consciousness/honesty to nova's progression today that it's hard for me to be suspicious of them. gth town, but i do want to see more

thunal: i started out with a mild scumlean on thunal (because i thought the way that she outed a weird so early in the game was eyebrow raising/not coming from a genuine place), but her tone and her play has improved tenfold since then. reading through thunal's iso, she is constantly striving to clear people who aren't her, and i never feel like she's nervous about boxing herself in or feeling out of place w/the game. it's the mix of how easily thunal has integrated themselves into the game with how fluid and specific their logic is that makes me townlean thunal. gth town

nutella: when nutella was mafia in radiohead, i almost immediately caught on to the fact that they weren't really playing with a sense of conviction. on the contrary, i sense nothing but conviction in nutella's tone this game. her early push on sloonei felt like it was coming from the mindset of someone who was genuinely excited to catch the mafia, it felt like a detective putting the pieces together and getting excited about catching them, and that's something i consider a LOT more likely to come from town. pairing that with the fact that hally has a ~~godread~~ on them as well, i townlean nutella. gth town

martin: i mentioned last night that martin left a strong impression on me when he opened the game w/a relatively confident townread on thunal. unfortunately, martin's ISO drops off a lot after that. the majority of his posts so far have been responses to the parts of the game that he has missed, and they are fine. he's making a lot of observations and a lot of thoughts that appear good on a surface level, but i don't see much followthrough with the observations he's making. i have no idea who martin actually scumreads the most after reading all of his catch-up posts, and that concerns me a little bit. i still do like martin's tone but i'm not convinced his logic/gamesolving is equally as compelling. gth scum

alison: my biggest bone to pick with alison right now is the way that she framed her read on thunal - i don't like that she characterized thunal's tr on her as being about "confidence" when it was clearly about measuring expectations from one game to the next. still, i don't have any specific issues with alison in this game other than the very broad feeling that there is something wrong with her tone this game. it maybe feels a little bit too careful, or not as natural as i expected - but i can't actually substantiate my concerns about alison with any type of logic. i honestly need to see more from this slot to form a more educated opinion but i Guess i would gth scum

carotte: good, solid observations and analysis that nevertheless feel dissociated and detached from the current context of the game. i don't particularly know what carotte is thinking at any given moment, and i also feel like a lot of her posts have a lot of good thoughts and observations that she does not formulate into conclusions. there is a sense of aimlessness to carotte's hunting today that rubs me the wrong way, even though i like quite a few of her posts tonally. gth scum

jagged: the only real beef i have with jagged is his early handling of the pressure on sloonei - but reading through the context again, i can understand that he may have tried so hard to explain sloonei's actions because he felt that he was prompted to by one of hally's questions. there have been a few moments where i have hiveminded with jagged - particularly on our suspicion/paranoia toward alison, but there haven't been any major: "yeah, jagged is definitely town" moments that i've felt from him in the 3 previous games we've played. i hate to hedge on jagged's alignment but if there was a null read in this list, it would be this one. i would cautiously call jagged gth town, and mostly because there are quite a few people that im suspicious of more than him
I've decided I'm going to do cool color coded things here. Green = vibes town, red = vibes scum. SPF forcing herself to take a GTH stance is slightly town indicative imo.

The reads on tutuu and Hally are sliiightly town indicative just because of how natural the tone seems but it's not clearing by any means. The read on LC isn't that great because it's wrong and the justification that he didn't have to out reads I find flawed - I think he did have to out reads as either alignment.

I put the Sloonei read in blue because I feel that it's important yet I don't know what to make of it. SPF didn't really push Sloonei hard (or push anyone hard for that matter) and this read could be a towncred grab or genuine thoughts.

I think SPF reevaluating me at the very start is towny, I don't feel like scum!SPF would bother to scumlean me and then say she thought she would come out of my ISO with a scumlean yet actually found me not suspicious. It's a small point but I think the read on me is more likely town than not.

The specific intuitive reads like the one on Alison seem towny since they're describing feelings that would have to be fabricated as scum.

The hedgy read on JJJ isn't a great look since the thread was putting him in their outer PoEs at that point.

Overall I'd say SPF is more likely town from this very small analysis of one post.
ImageImage
staypositivefriend
Hitman
Posts in topic: 219

Post by staypositivefriend »

judgement pending
did it influence ur read on thunal at all?
Thunal33
Loan Shark

Post by Thunal33 »

I want to just say Nook is the last scum, but here's what's preventing me from saying that with any confidence: What kind of strategy is Nook bussing his teammates so he can go deep? Wouldn't LC have been way more positioned to go deep than Nook early on? I suppose Nook was more townread than both LC and Sloonei and the pushes on both mafia would have been town driven, but I find it odd in a scum!Nook theory that he didn't even try to switch the wagon state. I'll factcheck all the statements I just made, this is off the top of my head.
ImageImage
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 131
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

K I’m alison now

Thunal is mafia kill us in either order, if she flips town you can kill me, etc. etc.
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Thunal33
Loan Shark

Post by Thunal33 »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 6:18 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:31 am If @NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME gives me just one nice hunt-oriented post I will give him a free town read, as long as I feel the effort was genuine.
Ok you can have one

Alison and tutu >rand town (tutu significantly >rand, would only consider her partners with Hally)

Hally also >rand town, which ties back to part of why tutu is significantly above rand town imo

I think sloon seems townie but I’ll almost certainly just sheep your reads on each other at the end of the day, unless I think you’re both mafia ofc but no reason to think that atp, so pretty content to sheep your reads on each other when/where relevant

Nutella probably slightly>rand town but not super confident

Martin seems townie

That’s where I am rn. Have some scattered miscellaneous thoughts but those are the only ones I have enough confidence in to be worth mentioning. Now I’m gonna return to not posting in an effort to retain a tiebreaker if necessary.
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:11 am I’m using a post just to say that nova is hard town, that’s how confident I am in the read
I thought these posts were towny earlier but I'm just not seeing it now. I thought 7 TRs would be Nook boxing himself in if he was mafia but he was definitely willing to change those reads. I slighlty dislike how he used more words for Sloonei than for anyone else.
ImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 327
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 8:02 pm K I’m alison now

Thunal is mafia kill us in either order, if she flips town you can kill me, etc. etc.
cool cool
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Thunal33
Loan Shark

Post by Thunal33 »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:20 am Hello I’m way behind

Have we decided to give me the gun yet, and if not have we decided to give it to sloonei yet?
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:04 pm Tutu/Martin/[one of jay/sloonei possibly both depends on how their reads on each other develop]/...maybe nutes maybe SPF—think they’re not both scum, not sure if they’re both town. Thunal seems townie but I haven’t done research so idk.
Nanook, what changed between these two posts?
ImageImage

Thunal33 wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 8:06 pm

Have we decided to give me the gun yet, and if not have we decided to give it to sloonei yet?
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:04 pm Tutu/Martin/[one of jay/sloonei possibly both depends on how their reads on each other develop]/...maybe nutes maybe SPF—think they’re not both scum, not sure if they’re both town. Thunal seems townie but I haven’t done research so idk.
As discussed extensively with SPF, stuff happened in the thread

Also you’re mafia so
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Thunal33
Loan Shark

Post by Thunal33 »

I think the SPF/LC grassland interactions would be somewhat difficult to fake as W/W but still possible. Here's the grasslands post from SPF that I thought was the most towny:

SPF: well im genuinely sorry if ive added to your frustrations in any way - i dont think your reads are bad by any means and the only reason im talking to you right now is because i think you might have some valuable insight to be learned from if you end up being town

so could you please work with me? just a little bit? who do you think the mafia is?
ImageImage
Thunal33
Loan Shark

Post by Thunal33 »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 8:08 pm

Also you’re mafia so
Why do you think I'm mafia?
ImageImage
staypositivefriend
Hitman

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 8:02 pm K I’m alison now

i dont think nook would be super likely to take this approach as mafia - if he's scum then he's basically guaranteeing w/this post that there's going to be a ton of pressure/heat on him if thunal flips town. i've seen scum take this strategy as wifom before but gth, this doesnt feel like wifom
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

staypositivefriend wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 7:57 pm

judgement pending
did it influence ur read on thunal at all?
was kidding sweetheart i aint reading shit dab dab dab dab dab dab
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

Thunal33 wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 8:09 pm I think the SPF/LC grassland interactions would be somewhat difficult to fake as W/W but still possible. Here's the grasslands post from SPF that I thought was the most towny:

SPF: well im genuinely sorry if ive added to your frustrations in any way - i dont think your reads are bad by any means and the only reason im talking to you right now is because i think you might have some valuable insight to be learned from if you end up being town

so could you please work with me? just a little bit? who do you think the mafia is?
it was weird to me that LC flamed spf tbh

(weird for maybe alignment related reasons)

(dont take this take away from the fact that i desire thunal dead with every fiber of my body)
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

kinda funny that i completely flipped my poe on its head from yesterday. it was gonna be between tutuu and nanook and now im more or less locking them both town and it's between thunal and spf lolololol hi dead ppl reading the thread am i dumb
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

well u play forum mafia so
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

i feel like thunal is being more spooth than spf so far. spf feels like, u know those circular things in air table hockey? they bounce left and right. while thunal smooooth. like smooooth criminal. so im trying to say thunal "feels" townier than spf but that MEANS thunal is scummier than spf

i swear i know what im doing
Thunal33
Loan Shark

Post by Thunal33 »

nutella wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 8:58 pm kinda funny that i completely flipped my poe on its head from yesterday. it was gonna be between tutuu and nanook and now im more or less locking them both town and it's between thunal and spf lolololol hi dead ppl reading the thread am i dumb
Can you explain why you're locking Nook as town? While I think his voting pattern is more likely to come from town than mafia since I question the benefit of scum having Nook go deep and try to solo, I think every single player has some town points going for them.
ImageImage
staypositivefriend
Hitman

nutella wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 8:58 pm kinda funny that i completely flipped my poe on its head from yesterday. it was gonna be between tutuu and nanook and now im more or less locking them both town and it's between thunal and spf lolololol hi dead ppl reading the thread am i dumb
is there anything specific that makes you think i could be mafia, or is it more of your POE narrowing it down to me and thunal? i can make a case for why im 100% town in this game if you really want me to, but i don't find it to be necessary
Thunal33
Loan Shark

Post by Thunal33 »

nutella wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 5:29 pm i think if you're town you're overthinking being sent to the grasslands. i don't think the question is necessarily why you were specifically chosen but more that there was no particular reason to send anyone else and you've been kind of in the middle enough that there wouldn't be a clear way to read into it
Fair enough. I've been taking a more active role in my town games for the past ~6 months or so and sometimes I'm still not used to just how much scum consider me and my opinion. Sometimes I've been surprised when a scum goes way out of their way to pocket me because I wasn't used to being a consequential enough player that scum care about me that much.
ImageImage
Thunal33
Loan Shark

Post by Thunal33 »

I'm trying hard not to go into chaos mode like I did at EoD3.
ImageImage
Thunal33
Loan Shark

Post by Thunal33 »

tutuu wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 8:57 pm
Thunal33 wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 8:09 pm I think the SPF/LC grassland interactions would be somewhat difficult to fake as W/W but still possible. Here's the grasslands post from SPF that I thought was the most towny:

(dont take this take away from the fact that i desire thunal dead with every fiber of my body)
Towny weird or scummy weird?
ImageImage
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

HOW DOES IT FEEL

HOW DOES IT FEEL BEING IN THE POE

YALL LOOK AT US FROM ABOVE

AS IF WE WERE DIRTY PEASANTS ROLLING IN THE MUD WITH THE PIGS, AND YALL WERE HIGH AND MIGHTY ARISTOCRATS

"PFF, LOOK AT TUTUU AND NANOOK, THESE DIRTY PEASANTS, IMAGINE BEING AT THE POE - LOOOOOOOL" THE BOURGEOUISE SAID

BUT HOW THE TIDES HAVE TURNED

NOW ME AND NOOK ARE DINING ON FINE WINE AND TRUFFELS WHILE SPF AND THUNAL ARE OUR MAIDS AND SERVICING US

*SNAP* TUTUU SNAPS HER FINGERS - SPF, SWEETHEART, BRING ME SOME MORE OF THAT DELICIOUS FRENCH WINE!!!

*YESSS YESSS YOUR QUEEN* - SAYS SPF

*SNAP* NANOOK SNAPS HIS FINGER - THUNAL, DEAR, I WANT MORE ROASTED LAMB!!!

*HUFF PUFF HUFFP UFF* HURRIES THUNAL, BRINGING KING NANOOK HIS MEAT
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

Thunal33 wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 9:10 pm

scummy weird

why flame her when there's no way she's not shooting his ass?
staypositivefriend
Hitman

tutuu wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 9:10 pm HOW DOES IT FEEL

AS IF WE WERE DIRTY PEASANTS ROLLING IN THE MUD WITH THE PIGS, AND YALL WERE HIGH AND MIGHTY ARISTOCRATS

"PFF, LOOK AT TUTUU AND NANOOK, THESE DIRTY PEASANTS, IMAGINE BEING AT THE POE - LOOOOOOOL" THE BOURGEOUISE SAID

NOW ME AND NOOK ARE DINING ON FINE WINE AND TRUFFELS WHILE SPF AND THUNAL ARE OUR MAIDS AND SERVICING US

*SNAP* TUTUU SNAPS HER FINGERS - SPF, SWEETHEART, BRING ME SOME MORE OF THAT DELICIOUS FRENCH WINE!!!

the real message of this game is that class inequality is the great injustice of all and the proletariat must band together to overthrow the greedy exploitative capitalists that sit smugly on top of their ivory towers looking down as the rest of us fight for scraps (and votes)
staypositivefriend
Hitman

gonna make a couple of wallposts when i get off work explaining my thought process and where im at this game - i REALLY wish we had 48 hours instead of 24 hours because i dont have nearly enough time to analyze everything i want to

Thunal33 wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 8:12 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 8:08 pm

Also you’re mafia so
Why do you think I'm mafia?
You got a role PM that says you are, idk
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

staypositivefriend wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 9:13 pm

the real message of this game is that class inequality is the great injustice of all and the proletariat must band together to overthrow the greedy exploitative capitalists that sit smugly on top of their ivory towers looking down as the rest of us fight for scraps (and votes)
you are absolutely correct.

Phantom vote on NUTELLA
Thunal33
Loan Shark

Post by Thunal33 »

That meat may or may not be poisoned. Brb, going to look through Nook's posts and decide if I'll poison the meat.
ImageImage
staypositivefriend
Hitman

tutuu wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 9:11 pm
Thunal33 wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 9:10 pm

scummy weird

why flame her when there's no way she's not shooting his ass?
i think he was just in anti-spew mode and didnt want to answer me in case it would reveal anything about his partners

in theory he could have just not responded to me, tho

I wouldn’t eat your meat anyway
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

yea sorry thunal he only eats [mention]MacDougall[/mention] 's meat
staypositivefriend
Hitman

😳
Hally
alien shapeshifter
Posts in topic: 447
Preferred Pronouns: they/them

Post by Hally »

LMAO
ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image ImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

meanwhile I've feasted on exquisite banquets for days. DAYS
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
staypositivefriend
Hitman

the way that nutella is the bourgeoise...
Thunal33
Loan Shark

Post by Thunal33 »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 8:44 pm
Having me all yellow is super lazy dude
I think this is slightly town indicative.
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:04 pm
Long Con wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 8:51 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 8:44 pmHaving me all yellow is super lazy dude
Yeah... at the very least, three posts could be said to have wolf equity with Sloonei:
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 10:12 pm
nutella wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 10:10 pm hally/sloonei actually always contains at least 1 wolf here
Both lock town now
I get the impression from people saying that Nook hunts for clears that Nook would be a bold enough wolf to call Sloonei lock town but he could do it as town too.
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:14 pm
Sloonei wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:13 pm
That is a lot of names, nooky.
Town cores are hard sometimes
Not strong I know. Other than these, I do see what JJJ means with all the yellow. Your interactions are lean, there's not much there to connect with other players.
I should be pretty clearly not teamed with Nutella at a bare minimum
Nook is almost saying "Hey JJJ, look through my interactions!" which is towny since it seems like he doesn't believe he has something to hide or that he has scummy posts or inconsistencies he's afraid Jay will pick up if he reevaluates.
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:20 am
Hally wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:05 am
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:56 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:26 pm @everyone - here's a question that might not make sense but that i consider important to the gamestate right now:

how confident do you feel about your reads right now? how much faith do you have that your assessment of the gamestate is correct?
88+ % in my reads. I’m only putting confident reads into the thread this game.
what are your confident reads again?
Martin town, thun town, Hally/SPF likely aligned and >rand town, Nutella probably town.

I wanna say tutu is town too but idk man the lack of volume makes me much less confident there than I normally am
Calling four villagers town is a good look for Nook especially when me and Martin weren't consensus town, but I dislike the shade on tutuu.
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 3:35 pm And [VOTE: LC] aubergine
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 2:58 pm [VOTE: sloonei] aubergine

Pretty much just a sheep of jay, I can’t read sloonei for shit
Both of these votes were very unnecessary from the POV Nook made in thread. He didn't voice a scumread on either LC or Sloonei so scum!Nook could have easily gotten away with not bussing.

Verdict: Nook is unconfident GTH town for me from his ISO. Which makes me wonder if it's just SPF but in the two turbos we played together (I know turbos are different but it's all I have) I was inclined to suspect her both times when she was town so I'm cautious when trying to figure out someone who it's easy for me to be paranoid of. It is worth noting that I found SPF very towny in the champs finals although I did have some slight tinfoil on her at one point.
ImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

me: the finest, rarest, most expensive truffle, bursting with earthy umami flavor
nanook: the centerpiece, a fine roast leg of lamb with exotic spices
tutuu: the smoothest, creamiest, softest, most delectable heap of mashed potatoes in the history of the world
spf: a gorgeously crafted strawberry cake, decorated by the finest patissieres in the land with fresh rose petals and gold leaf
thunal: a foreign wine of the deepest purple, sought after by the royal sommeliers but purveyed by a vintner of questionable reputation
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Thunal33
Loan Shark

Post by Thunal33 »

I have a mostly baseless GTH guess that LC and Sloonei were setting up the last wolf to go deep and possibly wanting them to bus.
ImageImage
Thunal33
Loan Shark

Post by Thunal33 »

nutella wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 9:29 pm me: the finest, rarest, most expensive truffle, bursting with earthy umami flavor
tutuu: the smoothest, creamiest, softest, most delectable heap of mashed potatoes in the history of the world
spf: a gorgeously crafted strawberry cake, decorated by the finest patissieres in the land with fresh rose petals and gold leaf
thunal: a foreign wine of the deepest purple, sought after by the royal sommeliers but purveyed by a vintner of questionable reputation
Nice, time to bring some wine to this thread.

So Hally got NKed which might have been because they had good reads, but that's way too obvious so scum obviously took the less obvious path. But wait, scum would know that we would think they were less obvious so they would want to be more obvious! Obviously they did the not obvious obvious not obvious but also totally obvious thing.
ImageImage
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

nutella wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 9:29 pm me: the finest, rarest, most expensive truffle, bursting with earthy umami flavor
looooool hahahhaha

i like it
Thunal33
Loan Shark

Post by Thunal33 »

Thunal33 wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 9:30 pm I have a mostly baseless GTH guess that LC and Sloonei were setting up the last wolf to go deep and possibly wanting them to bus.
The problem is, what does "setting up the last wolf to go deep" even look like? If that was scum's strategy, what markers of that strategy would I find in the thread?

Also I definitely loved the food thing.
ImageImage
staypositivefriend
Hitman

i'm feeling a little lost/aimless with my reads today, so i'm going to start with a trustfall and work backwards from there:

trustfall:

tutuu: tutuu put a lot of early pressure on sloonei (as early as page 2), and sloonei chose to primarily ignore tutuu's attempts to engage with him instead of addressing it head on. if tutuu and sloonei were doing scum theatre on pg 2, then i think sloonei would have given a stronger response to tutuu. on top of that, tutuu's tone has been so fluid and so full of passion that i find it difficult to believe that she could be playing this way as mafia. she constantly posts whatever comes off the top of her head and she never once feels nervous or tmi-y or any of the things that i would expect to be feeling from tutuu-scum

nanook: if nanook is mafia, then it means that he was meant to solo carry the game after longcon/sloonei got killed - and i find that hard to believe. for one, nanook has consistently put himself into scenarios that would be disadvantageous for him for him to pursue as mafia (ie: volunteering to be chopped if thunal flips town), and nanook's tone during our exchange yesterday had such a high level of sassiness and bluntness that i think it's indicative of nanook playing w/a town mindset -i get the feeling that he would be more guarded as mafia and more likely to try to appease people who are putting pressure on him

nutella: if nutella is mafia, then it means that she hard-bussed long con early on in the game and went out of her way to absolutely obliterate him on d2, and then she would have had to have hardbussed sloonei and banked on being able to carry the game solely by herself. that's an incredibly risky and unlikely path for nutella to take as mafia, (in addition to her tone being consistently pure/full of energy) and occams razor tells me that she's just town

thunal: thunal went out of her way to bring attention to long con and to throw shade on him even at a point where there was barely any pressure on long con at all, and long con's reaction to thunal's push potentially spews her as town. thunal has also remained steadfastly energetic and determined to solve the game even though a lot of people scumread her - i get no sense of deflation or frustration from her tone, and i would expect to be seeing that if she was mafia
staypositivefriend
Hitman

staypositivefriend wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 9:50 pm i'm feeling a little lost/aimless with my reads today, so i'm going to start with a trustfall and work backwards from there:

trustfall:

tutuu: tutuu put a lot of early pressure on sloonei (as early as page 2), and sloonei chose to primarily ignore tutuu's attempts to engage with him instead of addressing it head on. if tutuu and sloonei were doing scum theatre on pg 2, then i think sloonei would have given a stronger response to tutuu. on top of that, tutuu's tone has been so fluid and so full of passion that i find it difficult to believe that she could be playing this way as mafia. she constantly posts whatever comes off the top of her head and she never once feels nervous or tmi-y or any of the things that i would expect to be feeling from tutuu-scum

nanook: if nanook is mafia, then it means that he was meant to solo carry the game after longcon/sloonei got killed - and i find that hard to believe. for one, nanook has consistently put himself into scenarios that would be disadvantageous for him for him to pursue as mafia (ie: volunteering to be chopped if thunal flips town), and nanook's tone during our exchange yesterday had such a high level of sassiness and bluntness that i think it's indicative of nanook playing w/a town mindset -i get the feeling that he would be more guarded as mafia and more likely to try to appease people who are putting pressure on him

nutella: if nutella is mafia, then it means that she hard-bussed long con early on in the game and went out of her way to absolutely obliterate him on d2, and then she would have had to have hardbussed sloonei and banked on being able to carry the game solely by herself. that's an incredibly risky and unlikely path for nutella to take as mafia, (in addition to her tone being consistently pure/full of energy) and occams razor tells me that she's just town

thunal: thunal went out of her way to bring attention to long con and to throw shade on him even at a point where there was barely any pressure on long con at all, and long con's reaction to thunal's push potentially spews her as town. thunal has also remained steadfastly energetic and determined to solve the game even though a lot of people scumread her - i get no sense of deflation or frustration from her tone, and i would expect to be seeing that if she was mafia
let's keep going -

distrustfall:

tutuu: sloonei constantly went out of his way to bring attention to sloonei and to interact with her, but he always concluded his analysis of tutuu's posts by hedging on her alignment and refusing to commit one way or another. tutuu showed some light resistance to the sloonei chop toward the end of d3 in spite of confidently scumreading him prior to that point - and she didn't stick up for her read much one way or the other as the day drew to a close

nanook: on an objective level, the interactions between sloonei/nanook look pretty bad. sloonei started hard-pushing on nanook toward the end of the d3, at a point where there was absolutely ZERO way that nanook would ever be chopped, and nanook threw shade on sloonei but he did not make strides to vote him or push on him until his chop was already soldified

nutella: nutella has committed less energy to this game within the past couple of days in comparison to how energetic and lively she was on d1- and she has been coy about her thought process in a way that bothers me, because it helps me a lot to see what other players are thinking in the moment

thunal: in the most broad sense possible, thunal hasn't towntold as strongly as tutuu/nutella have, and there have been a few moments in particular that raise my eyebrows (such as thunal being confident that her being sent to grasslands is due to the mafia wanting her to do a hero shot, and long con had one particular post about thunal before he died that struck me as really uncomfortable/out of place
staypositivefriend
Hitman

staypositivefriend wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 9:57 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 9:50 pm i'm feeling a little lost/aimless with my reads today, so i'm going to start with a trustfall and work backwards from there:

trustfall:

let's keep going -

distrustfall:

tutuu: sloonei constantly went out of his way to bring attention to sloonei and to interact with her, but he always concluded his analysis of tutuu's posts by hedging on her alignment and refusing to commit one way or another. tutuu showed some light resistance to the sloonei chop toward the end of d3 in spite of confidently scumreading him prior to that point - and she didn't stick up for her read much one way or the other as the day drew to a close

nanook: on an objective level, the interactions between sloonei/nanook look pretty bad. sloonei started hard-pushing on nanook toward the end of the d3, at a point where there was absolutely ZERO way that nanook would ever be chopped, and nanook threw shade on sloonei but he did not make strides to vote him or push on him until his chop was already soldified

nutella: nutella has committed less energy to this game within the past couple of days in comparison to how energetic and lively she was on d1- and she has been coy about her thought process in a way that bothers me, because it helps me a lot to see what other players are thinking in the moment

thunal: in the most broad sense possible, thunal hasn't towntold as strongly as tutuu/nutella have, and there have been a few moments in particular that raise my eyebrows (such as thunal being confident that her being sent to grasslands is due to the mafia wanting her to do a hero shot, and long con had one particular post about thunal before he died that struck me as really uncomfortable/out of place
some notes while i think about these holistically:

i found it the easiest to come up with reasons to townread nutella. it was also surprisingly easy to come up with reasons to townread nanook

i found it the hardest to come up with reasons to scumread nutella and (surprisingly) thunal - i really had to think hard about why i find thunal suspicious, and it mostly boils down to: "she hasn't towntold as much". that concerns me, and it makes me feel like my suspicions of her arent as substantiated as i may have thought
staypositivefriend
Hitman

hmm, i don't know. can anyone give me the sparknotes version of why they find thunal suspicious? my POE might actually be pointing me outside of her..
staypositivefriend
Hitman

i dont want to be that clown that defends a mafia when theyre about to be chopped but i just realized that i dont ~really~ have a concrete reason to be suspicious of thunal today. i want to talk this through with someone (i wish hally was still here lol)

Return to “Previous Rackets”