31%

Total votes: 13
Paprika
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 185
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Re: The Simpsons Mafia [DAY 1]

Post by Paprika »

You weren't even a prick. Flanders offered nothing except "This person is a wolf, no I will not be explaining why" and then melting down over sockpuppets... even though they actively joined a game where the existence of sockpuppets was made clear from the beginning.
Ned Flanders
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 49

Post by Ned Flanders »

Nah that particular person has been carrying a mafia grudge against me for a long ass time lol.
Assault
Ned Flanders
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Ned Flanders »

And I didn't melt down you old coot.
Assault
Ned Flanders
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Ned Flanders »

Mr. Burns wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 5:55 pm
Ned Flanders wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 5:53 pm
Mr. Burns wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 5:49 pm
Ned Flanders wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 5:43 pm I was about to town read it for being Ted but if it's Sprityo it's just mafia.
So, here's the thing...someone else already pointed out that mass claiming real IDs would be outside the spirit of the game.

I agree with them, and actually if I were the host I'd just modkill you...for your hard claim and your fishing.

But since I do know you are Mac I guess I have to acknowledge that this sort of thing is probably town Mac...the whole "one post reads" bit is certainly typical Mac...as is the "never reassess" arrogance.

My intent was to keep pressure on two lumps of coal hoping one would turn into a diamond...and instead one turned into a Mac.

I take what I can get.

[VOTE: Skinner] aubergine
Why are you such a prick to me lol
By accident?

How was I supposed to know that pressuring a low poster was gonna sprout Mac out of the woodwork?
I am referring to the literal post I am quoting not the stuff from before you knew who I was.
Assault
Ned Flanders
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Ned Flanders »

I wasn't fishing either. Marge asked and I guessed.
Assault
Marge Simpson
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 139

Post by Marge Simpson »

Sloonei wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 5:38 pm -Try to avoid identifying yourself or forcing other players to identify themselves. Speculation about the identities of players is permissible, but you may not claim an identity or make any requests that another player do so.
My Shell
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 252
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by My Shell »

For the record, I do feel bad about pushing Mac into claiming.

And his one post reads are, as I said, in my experience a little better than rand.

He does also have a handful of people that he is genuinely NEVER right about. But without revealing real IDs that doesn't matter.
Paprika
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Paprika »

Ned Flanders wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 5:59 pm And I didn't melt down you old coot.
lol

okay sure, I too post on my main about getting wogged and then say "who cares" about it when I am chilled out
Ned Flanders
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Ned Flanders »

Just yeet me so the mod doesn't have to lol.
Assault
My Shell
Sockpuppet Account

Post by My Shell »

Ned Flanders wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 5:59 pm
Mr. Burns wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 5:55 pm
Ned Flanders wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 5:53 pm
Mr. Burns wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 5:49 pm
Ned Flanders wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 5:43 pm I was about to town read it for being Ted but if it's Sprityo it's just mafia.
So, here's the thing...someone else already pointed out that mass claiming real IDs would be outside the spirit of the game.

I agree with them, and actually if I were the host I'd just modkill you...for your hard claim and your fishing.

But since I do know you are Mac I guess I have to acknowledge that this sort of thing is probably town Mac...the whole "one post reads" bit is certainly typical Mac...as is the "never reassess" arrogance.

My intent was to keep pressure on two lumps of coal hoping one would turn into a diamond...and instead one turned into a Mac.

I take what I can get.

[VOTE: Skinner] aubergine
Why are you such a prick to me lol
By accident?

How was I supposed to know that pressuring a low poster was gonna sprout Mac out of the woodwork?
I am referring to the literal post I am quoting not the stuff from before you knew who I was.
I find your never reassess arrogance endearing, to be honest. And as I have said twice I do actually respect your one post reads. You are wrong about me, but that doesn't mean you aren't better than rand here either.
Paprika
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Paprika »

Mr. Burns wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:02 pm For the record, I do feel bad about pushing Mac into claiming.

And his one post reads are, as I said, in my experience a little better than rand.

He does also have a handful of people that he is genuinely NEVER right about. But without revealing real IDs that doesn't matter.
You DIDN'T push him into claiming. He just melted under pressure because "do what I say without any lip back" wasn't a compelling offer to everyone. I don't even see what claiming identity matters to the situation.
Ned Flanders
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Ned Flanders »

Grampa Simpson wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:03 pm
Ned Flanders wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 5:59 pm And I didn't melt down you old coot.
lol

okay sure, I too post on my main about getting wogged and then say "who cares" about it when I am chilled out
I didn't realise I was in my main ya and resigning to getting mod-killed is not having a meltdown lol.

Diddly.
Assault
Ned Flanders
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Ned Flanders »

Grampa Simpson wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:05 pm
Mr. Burns wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:02 pm For the record, I do feel bad about pushing Mac into claiming.

You DIDN'T push him into claiming. He just melted under pressure because "do what I say without any lip back" wasn't a compelling offer to everyone. I don't even see what claiming identity matters to the situation.
I needed to summon my excess clout.
Assault
My Shell
Sockpuppet Account

Post by My Shell »

Marge Simpson wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:01 pm
Sloonei wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 5:38 pm -Try to avoid identifying yourself or forcing other players to identify themselves. Speculation about the identities of players is permissible, but you may not claim an identity or make any requests that another player do so.
Thank you Marge because I was right on the border of telling Mac who I am, which would have doubled the tragedy.

:stunned face:
My Shell
Sockpuppet Account

Post by My Shell »

Ned Flanders wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:03 pm Just yeet me so the mod doesn't have to lol.
Is this best mechanical play here?

I'm in dark waters...
Ned Flanders
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Ned Flanders »

Mr. Burns wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:07 pm
Ned Flanders wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:03 pm Just yeet me so the mod doesn't have to lol.

I'm in dark waters...
Given I am town it's not but given you don't know that for sure it probably is. I guess it depends whether he waits til EOD to mod-kill me or mod-kills me and immediately ends the day. I do believe that is Sloonei's preferred method.
Assault
My Shell
Sockpuppet Account

Post by My Shell »

Ned Flanders wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:05 pm
Grampa Simpson wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:05 pm

I needed to summon my excess clout.
Just to smite ME.

I am taking that as a singular honor.
Paprika
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Paprika »

I'm in dark waters...
gives us a night of actions with one dead instead of two dead

and if Flanders is a woof then we'd go into N1 without a villager dead
Ned Flanders
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Ned Flanders »

Mr. Burns wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:06 pm
Marge Simpson wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:01 pm
Thank you Marge because I was right on the border of telling Mac who I am, which would have doubled the tragedy.

:stunned face:
I'm just gonna chalk it up to the theme of the game. Absurdity number one!
Assault
Ned Flanders
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Ned Flanders »

Grampa Simpson wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:09 pm

I'm in dark waters...

Yes I am a woof that just asked to be killed.

[VOTE: Grandpa] aubergine
Assault
My Shell
Sockpuppet Account

Post by My Shell »

Ned Flanders wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:09 pm

I'm in dark waters...
Given I am town it's not but given you don't know that for sure it probably is. I guess it depends whether he waits til EOD to mod-kill me or mod-kills me and immediately ends the day. I do believe that is Sloonei's preferred method.
I'm just trying to sort through the numbers...if we chop and miss, and you are town, we are down two going into the night...if there's no extra KP that puts us on even numbers. I generally sort of hate even numbers.
Paprika
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Paprika »

Ned Flanders wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:10 pm

you say this like it's a zinger but a villager shouldn't have done what the hell you did either
Ned Flanders
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Ned Flanders »

Grampa Simpson wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:11 pm

you say this like it's a zinger but a villager shouldn't have done what the hell you did either
Don't act like you've never mad a mistake old man. All I did was not read a rule that I never suspected to be included. It's never been a rule in a sock game I played before. I even skimmed the rules before I did it and glossed over it lol.
Assault
My Shell
Sockpuppet Account

Post by My Shell »

Grampa Simpson wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:09 pm

I'm in dark waters...

If Mac was woofin' I think he'd have not gotten himself mod killed. He's most likely town. Skinner has completely failed to appear here in this hub bub, so he's no loss.
tessepia
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 193

Post by tessepia »

Not impressed with Flanders for failing to read the rules.
Guy posts about town throwing when he's a suspect, then throws because he needed to flash his site cred to save himself instead of just playing his way out of a hole.
Weak sauce.

Still feeling good about a Skinner vote, wondering where Lisa is at and what she has to say. She's been pretty mousey so far.
My Shell
Sockpuppet Account

Post by My Shell »

Everybody makes mistakes...I'm not a big reader of rules myself.
Paprika
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Paprika »

Ned Flanders wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:14 pm

Don't act like you've never mad a mistake old man. All I did was not read a rule that I never suspected to be included. It's never been a rule in a sock game I played before. I even skimmed the rules before I did it and glossed over it lol.
The mistake itself is fine. It's a mistake, after all. I was actually referring to you whipping out the name claim as a means to get yourself out of the hole. I don't actually know who you are so maybe this is just because I'm not "with it," but someone name-dropping doesn't make up for previously suspicious play for me. You were being sussed because you were at first inactive with empty reads, and then you came back with more empty reads and expected people to listen to you. The response was a predictable "no?" and then it was name-claim time. Even if it weren't against the rules, it just seems bad to do. But again, this could be because I don't know you. Maybe there's a method to the madness that's been tried and true and that's why the name matters more than the play.
Ned Flanders
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Ned Flanders »

Grampa Simpson wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:34 pm
Ned Flanders wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:14 pm

The mistake itself is fine. It's a mistake, after all. I was actually referring to you whipping out the name claim as a means to get yourself out of the hole. I don't actually know who you are so maybe this is just because I'm not "with it," but someone name-dropping doesn't make up for previously suspicious play for me. You were being sussed because you were at first inactive with empty reads, and then you came back with more empty reads and expected people to listen to you. The response was a predictable "no?" and then it was name-claim time. Even if it weren't against the rules, it just seems bad to do. But again, this could be because I don't know you. Maybe there's a method to the madness that's been tried and true and that's why the name matters more than the play.
Quite simply I wouldn't have been killed probably. Shortcut sure but given I didn't know it was a rulebreak why not take a shortcut?
Assault
Ned Flanders
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Ned Flanders »

Otto Mann wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:16 pm Not impressed with Flanders for failing to read the rules.
Guy posts about town throwing when he's a suspect, then throws because he needed to flash his site cred to save himself instead of just playing his way out of a hole.
Weak sauce.

Still feeling good about a Skinner vote, wondering where Lisa is at and what she has to say. She's been pretty mousey so far.
Assault
Julinook
Hydra Account
Aka: Juliets + Nanook

Post by Julinook »

Grampa how did you not realize that this spews Flanders town like fifty times over?
Julinook
Hydra Account

Post by Julinook »

I don't understand why you're scumcasing someone who has been spewed town and is going to be modkilled shortly.
Julinook
Hydra Account

Post by Julinook »

[VOTE: Grampa Simpson] aubergine
Paprika
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Paprika »

Allison Taylor wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:38 pm Grampa how did you not realize that this spews Flanders town like fifty times over?
Because after asking us to chop him before the mod-kill he told Burns the best move is to chop someone else, and to me that seems suboptimal for town and better for wolves.
Paprika
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Paprika »

Allison Taylor wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:40 pm I don't understand why you're scumcasing someone who has been spewed town and is going to be modkilled shortly.
pure drivel
tessepia
Sockpuppet Account

Post by tessepia »

Mr. Burns wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:27 pm Everybody makes mistakes...I'm not a big reader of rules myself.
It's true, I make all kinds of mistakes. I'm just salty about the situation he's put town in.

Also, the whole I don't grandstand thing, then grandstands with a cred claim only to get himself mod killed.
Boo-urns

Oh well, I'll get over it and Mr. Mac will probably hate me forever.
My Shell
Sockpuppet Account

Post by My Shell »

sigh...kids today...Allison, you JUST NOW got your own vote off Mac.

If Grampa is someone who has never heard of Mac then this is probably all pretty annoying/mystifying.

Take a breath.
My Shell
Sockpuppet Account

Post by My Shell »

Otto Mann wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:42 pm
Mr. Burns wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:27 pm Everybody makes mistakes...I'm not a big reader of rules myself.
It's true, I make all kinds of mistakes. I'm just salty about the situation he's put town in.

Also, the whole I don't grandstand thing, then grandstands with a cred claim only to get himself mod killed.
Boo-urns

Yeah, and me. For a day. But he has never been a grudge guy so he'll likely get over it.
tessepia
Sockpuppet Account

Post by tessepia »

Ned Flanders wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:36 pm
Otto Mann wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:16 pm Not impressed with Flanders for failing to read the rules.
Weak sauce.

Indeed.
I'm just frustrated because it's obvious you're town now, and I hate losing townies over rule breaks, thats all.
I'm sure you're pretty awesome most of the time and I'll keep your reads in mind.
Julinook
Hydra Account

Post by Julinook »

Grampa Simpson wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:40 pm
Allison Taylor wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:38 pm Grampa how did you not realize that this spews Flanders town like fifty times over?
Because after asking us to chop him before the mod-kill he told Burns the best move is to chop someone else, and to me that seems suboptimal for town and better for wolves.
Who did he tell Burns to exe?
Broken
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 48

Post by Broken »

Flanders is town.
My Shell
Sockpuppet Account

Post by My Shell »

Allison Taylor wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:47 pm
Grampa Simpson wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:40 pm
Who did he tell Burns to exe?
He didn't specify...I was just trying to sort through the numbers as to whether chopping him was the right move after he suggested chopping him before he got MKed...it seemed like it might have some merit at first glance, but I think everyone agreed it was not best play mechanically.
My Shell
Sockpuppet Account

Post by My Shell »

Comic Book Guy wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:48 pm Flanders is town.
Smithers! Release the hounds! Have them escort Captain Obvious here off the property.
tessepia
Sockpuppet Account

Post by tessepia »

Lol
You think?
Ned Flanders
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Ned Flanders »

Boo-urns

Lol what. I don't hate anyone. :haha:
Assault
Ned Flanders
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Ned Flanders »

Mr. Burns wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:45 pm

Boo-urns

Yeah, and me. For a day. But he has never been a grudge guy so he'll likely get over it.
I don't even know why this is a conversation.
Assault
Ned Flanders
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Ned Flanders »

Ah my devious plan to pocket Comic Book Guy worked.
Assault
My Shell
Sockpuppet Account

Post by My Shell »

Ned Flanders wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:58 pm
Mr. Burns wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:45 pm

Boo-urns

I don't even know why this is a conversation.
Well, we gotta talk about you...you're Mac

:)
My Shell
Sockpuppet Account

Post by My Shell »

Ned Flanders wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:59 pm
Ah my devious plan to pocket Comic Book Guy worked.
I knew you were up to something.
Broken
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 48

Post by Broken »

Mr. Burns wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:50 pm
Smithers! Release the hounds! Have them escort Captain Obvious here off the property.
I wasn't caught up when I posted that. :P
Principal Skinner
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 66

Post by Principal Skinner »

im the tracker dont lynch me

Return to “Previous Heists”